PDA

View Full Version : Shakib does not want Mashrafe in the team??!!!

Antora
March 3, 2010, 01:58 AM
I am not sure if there is a thread on this, but I just read this on prothom-alo and decided to share =P
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-03/news/45900

what is this? :sick: I seriously hope the 'conflict'' does not effect the team.

tiger_army
March 3, 2010, 02:42 AM
Mash is no longer Bagher Baccha...... He is a fat pussy cat now....there is no free ride in the team. Mash has to come back as a bagher baccha....surely he can do it....

nura43
March 3, 2010, 03:07 AM
According to media Sakib does not want the inclusion of Mashrafe in the team. What could be the reason behind this? Is it Mashrafe's bad fitness and performance or Sakib's greediness about captaincy?

Naimul_Hd
March 3, 2010, 03:29 AM
i would say both ! nobody wants to be kicked out from Captaincy !

Naimul_Hd
March 3, 2010, 03:33 AM
ahaa ! the old dirty politics are coming back..huh !

yaseer
March 3, 2010, 03:44 AM
Sob Loitta Kamal er dosh, Seriously!!

mona
March 3, 2010, 03:52 AM
Shakib is innocent!

Ahmed_B
March 3, 2010, 03:53 AM
Tabloid Alart: Some of the BD Sports Reporters these days have got a tendency to creat scandal-mode reports regarding the team/management/coach etc. Most of the recent reports concerning Mash and Sakib and the coach seems to be more based on speculations rather than facts. Its better not to react to these reports out of sheer excitement and better to wait for the truth to surface rather than fall victim to these tabloidesque reports.

IMO..Sakib's leading role in the team is not yet sealed to permanency...nor he is arrogant and idiot enough to create such controversy within the atmosphere at will.

-As myself

beshideshi
March 3, 2010, 03:58 AM
Bangladesh should not rely on the weight of the player, rather the performance. And the truth is, Mash's bowling in the 1st ODI looked worse than Shafiul/Rubel's performance. Obviously if he gets back to 85% of his previous self he will be in the team. But at this moment Shafiul/Rubel are doing better than Mash and there is no space for Mash really.
Being a senior player mash should understand that and try to prove he is fit rather than claiming he is match fit. I am sure he will come back soon enough.

yaseer
March 3, 2010, 04:02 AM
Being a senior player mash should understand that and try to prove he is fit rather than claiming he is match fit. I am sure he will come back soon enough.

Whom he will prove? Why there is a need to claim?
National team has a physio. Without his green signal no player can be included in the team. Mashrafee not only included but also played a match. That means he is fit, certified by the physio. Otherwise he should not be there.

Now, if still he is not fit, sack the physio for not doing his job.

inspyr9
March 3, 2010, 04:17 AM
Bangladesh should not rely on the weight of the player, rather the performance. And the truth is, Mash's bowling in the 1st ODI looked worse than Shafiul/Rubel's performance. Obviously if he gets back to 85% of his previous self he will be in the team. But at this moment Shafiul/Rubel are doing better than Mash and there is no space for Mash really.
mashrafee gained weight but why does that matter? i am sure he will lose it. and how can u say rubel doing better. ist odi in the 2nd spell mashrafee did good. and u have to give him some time to adjust. atleast he can check the runs unlike rubel.

beshideshi
March 3, 2010, 04:51 AM
National team has a physio. Without his green signal no player can be included in the team. Mashrafee not only included but also played a match. That means he is fit, certified by the physio. Otherwise he should not be there.

i think the problem mash is having is mental fitness. He knows the next injury could well be his very last. Hence, even when he tries to give 100% ,his sub conscious doesn't allow him to do so. I know this happens when a player comes back from injury from my personal experience. And no Physio no doctor in the world but time can fix it.

Why did a half fit player play in the game? Probably hoping a half fit Mash is better than Shafiul, Rubel. And given Mash's track record its nothing new for him to jump off injury and perform tremendously. But as I said, I think its more of a mental block that he needs to cross in order to put 100% in the game.

mij
March 3, 2010, 04:55 AM
mashrafee gained weight but why does that matter? i am sure he will lose it. and how can u say rubel doing better. ist odi in the 2nd spell mashrafee did good. and u have to give him some time to adjust. atleast he can check the runs unlike rubel.

Stop chatting rubbish, no unfit player in the team simply is that.

nahaz
March 3, 2010, 06:15 AM
I am not sure if there is a thread on this, but I just read this on prothom-alo and decided to share =P
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-03/news/45900

what is this? :sick: I seriously hope the 'conflict'' does not effect the team.

The reason Mash took offense was that he was not personally told that he had been dropped. Not by Sakib, not by the coach. As the former captain who lost captaincy to injury rather than form, surely he deserves a personal notification. How hard is it for Sakib to give Mashrafee a call? If he found it awkward, surely he could have had Siddons do it.

He actually should not feel threatened by Mashrafee seems it seems more logical for Sakib to stay captain even when Mashrafee is closer to his own self. Mashrafee maybe unfit, but he still is Mashrafee and deserves more respect.

BANFAN
March 3, 2010, 06:24 AM
mashrafee gained weight but why does that matter? i am sure he will lose it.

Why not let him lose before coming to the team? BD national team isn't a slimming club

and how can u say rubel doing better. ist odi in the 2nd spell mashrafee did good. and u have to give him some time to adjust.
Why dont you give him that time before bringing in the national team? National team isn't a time passing club either
atleast he can check the runs unlike rubel.

How can you say that? Dont you remember him against Zim 17 (or More) in last over & then IPL and as far as I know he is even worse in Final overs.

I'm not saying who is good or bad... players who are fit and good needs to be in the team. Mash definitely was good with the new ball, if he loses that, what does he has to offer?

crikss
March 3, 2010, 07:00 AM
Even a unfit Mashrafe is better than current pace bowlers....what special those pace bowlers did in the 2nd ODI

Equinox
March 3, 2010, 07:09 AM

Exactly. Who certified he was fit to play in the first ODI? This is clearly a power struggle between board and management. I think Mashrafe's selection was forced on the management and they didn't want him. That's why they played Mashrafe in the first match to show the whole world that Mash is not fit and next time they can tell the board you can't force selections on us. But the way they handled this issue was pathetic and it will be really demoralising for Mashrafe.

Read the DS report. Rafiqul Alam is known to be "yes man" to Siddons and to prove that he is not he included Mashrafe. Before that he also withdrew Rokibul, who is one of Siddons' favourite players, from the squad to please the board. This pissed off Siddons. So to prove a point to the board and selectors Siddons did this. Shakib's personal benefit is that he gets to show everyone that he is boss.

Shakib has a pretty big ego it seems. He needs to calm down. It hasn't even been a year and he hasn't had many successes but already he has been embroiled in a controversy with the board and there is disharmony within the team. If this behaviour continues pretty soon he will be cut down to size. He should just focus on cricket.

cricman
March 3, 2010, 07:13 AM
"The way Mashrafe bowled before his injury, that Mashrafe we might have missed tonight," he said of the man from whom he inherited the captaincy back in July. "But the way he bowled in the last match and the practice match [at Fatullah], not really."

Really Shakib?

Baundule
March 3, 2010, 07:16 AM
prothom-alor holud hambadikota.
Nothing else.

auntu
March 3, 2010, 07:49 AM
I'm sure [বাংলা]ঘটনা তা না[/বাংলা]

ahms
March 3, 2010, 08:35 AM
According to media Sakib does not want the inclusion of Mashrafe in the team. What could be the reason behind this? Is it Mashrafe's bad fitness and performance or Sakib's greediness about captaincy?

It is not about greediness, it is about what is best for team. If I was captain and Mash was my blood brother, I would not hesitate to take him out and try some one who may perform better. Honestly Mash needs conditioning. Shakib did good. Everyone is depending on him. He has to shoulder the team's responsibility. Why do we criticise his opinion that may be better for the team.
We need to change our sick mentality of criticising for the sake of criticism.

BangladeshFan
March 3, 2010, 09:19 AM
Sakib's decision to introduce pace at the end overs was a shocker. The pitch was slow and low and he brought up the pefect bowler to hit, skiddy shafiul and Morgan obliged. If you watch Morgan, he is very good against pace(usually all English batsmen are) and very good hitting square. Why will u bowl a pacer against him and that too in a crunch situation when there are 5 spinners in the team??

Sakib tends to overbowl his pacers, I think 4-5 overs at the start was enough in this kind of pitch and maybe 2-3 in the middle. I dont think Mortaza could have made any difference if he was there. Sakib has to rely on spinners more and in the death overs.

simon
March 3, 2010, 11:12 AM
Sob Loitta Kamal er dosh, Seriously!!

I also think it's Lota Kamal's poitics!:D

Ananna
March 3, 2010, 03:39 PM
new development regarding this.........

http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&option=single&news_id=50461&pub_no=266

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 03:43 PM
[বাংলা]মাশরাফি-বিতর্ক ও সাকিব

সবই তাহলে ভুল বোঝাবুঝি? মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার দল থেকে বেরিয়ে যাওয়া এবং তাঁকে আর দলে না চাওয়া সম্পর্কে এমন ব্যাখ্যাই দিলেন বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসান।

মাশরাফির উপস্থিতিতেই গত পরশু রাতে বিসিবির দুই কর্মকর্তাকে ম্যানেজার শফিকুল হক জানিয়েছিলেন, সাকিব তাঁকে বলেছেন, দলে তিনি আর কাউকে চাচ্ছেন না। টিম ম্যানেজারের কাছে ওই কথা বলেছেন বলে স্বীকার করলেও কাল সাকিব বলেছেন, ‘আমার কথাটা আনুষ্ঠানিক কিছু ছিল না। আমি জানতাম না যে, হীরা ভাই (শফিকুল হক) এটা আমার হয়ে বোর্ড কর্মকর্তাদের বলবেন।’ দলে কে আসবেন না-আসবেন সেটা ম্যানেজার তাঁর কাছে জানতে চাইবেন কেন, সাকিবের প্রশ্ন সেটা নিয়েও, ‘কোচ বা নির্বাচকদের কেউ তো আমার কাছে মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের দলে আসা নিয়ে জানতে চাননি। তাহলে আমি আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে কীভাবে বলি কার দলে আসা উচিত কার আসা উচিত না?’

তবে সাকিব আভাস দিয়েছেন, বোর্ড তাঁর কাছে সরাসরি জানতে চাইলেও হয়তো ওই মতামতই দিতেন তিনি, ‘আগের দিনই মাশরাফি ভাই জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন সিরিজের শেষ দুই ম্যাচে তিনি নেই। হোটেল ছেড়ে চলে গেছেন, দলের সঙ্গে নেই—আমি হয়তো ও কথাই বলতাম। মাশরাফি ভাইকে আমি যথেষ্ট শ্রদ্ধা করি, মাশরাফি ভাইও সেটা জানেন। কিন্তু অধিনায়ক হয়ে তো আমাকে দলের কথাই আগে ভাবতে হবে।’ দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডেতে মাশরাফিকে বিশ্রাম দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্তেও তাঁর কোনো ভূমিকা ছিল না বলে দাবি সাকিবের।

ভুল বোঝাবুঝি দূর করতে সাকিব কাল ফোন করেছিলেন মাশরাফিকে, ‘এসব নিয়ে কথা বলতেই আজ (গতকাল) আমি মাশরাফি ভাইকে ফোন দিয়েছি। কিন্তু তিনি ফোন ধরেননি। দেখি পরে আবার চেষ্টা করব।’ মাশরাফির সঙ্গে কথা বলেও জানা গেছে এটাই। কাল সন্ধ্যায় তিনিও অপেক্ষায় ছিলেন সাকিবের সঙ্গে কথা বলার। তবে কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ হয়ে গিয়েছিল তার আগেই। দল ঢাকা ফিরলে ৭ মার্চ মাশরাফিকে অনুশীলনে যোগ দিতে বলেছেন কোচ।[/বাংলা]

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-04/news/46206

tigerpain
March 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
Man reality is BITCH...Mash was our only hope ...time changed so quickly within last 8 months...Don't drop dead him yet...sucked to be injured...!!!:sick:

Trigger_Tiger
March 3, 2010, 04:39 PM

Lets make some sense here yaseer. Its not the physio who is under performing, it Mashrafe. Unless he can prove he is fit enough to be at his most, no point in having another average bowler in the team.

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 04:57 PM
Guys forget about all these and lets focus for 3rd ODI. We have to defeat them. Don't arise something which will back fire. Media is not playing sensible role here. :(

skhondoker
March 3, 2010, 04:59 PM
the article says that he spoke to JS and the coach asked him to join the team after they get back to dhaka....hope all will come to end....Mash is one of my favorite and he is needed in the team....but in a lethal form...

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 05:04 PM
My question is - why is the team returning to Dhaka when the 1st Test is in Chittagong?! Does not Chittagong have any practice facility?!

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2010, 05:23 PM
My question is - why is the team returning to Dhaka when the 1st Test is in Chittagong?! Does not Chittagong have any practice facility?!
HHS. England gets to stay there and BD gets to travel back and then go back to chittagong. As if traveling in trains is not tiresome (read Millers bok bokani in tour diary).

I think if the team stays in Chittagong BCB has to accomodate the players, coaches for all days (hotel). Those train tickets should be much cheaper and in Dhaka everyone should be living on their own and just coming to practice/train every day.

BCB would be saving money and spend it on Parlament members tour fee as an observer in coming tours.

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 05:26 PM

They are trying to save money on hotel and food.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 05:32 PM
They are trying to save money on hotel and food.

while Bangladesh team will be coming back from CTG, selector ra sho poribare jaben Daruchini deep ghurte.

FagunerAgun
March 3, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hope this bad news will turn into a good news soon.

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_03_04/content_zoom/2010_03_04_22_6_b.jpg

Haradhon
March 3, 2010, 10:37 PM
Whether Shakib want Mashrafee in the team or not, Masharafee cannot contribute at this time; he needs at least 3 months to shed weight and become fit. His participation is WC2011 ssems to be doubtful. Let's not blame Shakib

fwullah
March 3, 2010, 11:36 PM
Sakib tends to overbowl his pacers, I think 4-5 overs at the start was enough in this kind of pitch and maybe 2-3 in the middle. I dont think Mortaza could have made any difference if he was there. Sakib has to rely on spinners more and in the death overs.

There's a very big question mark in there. Sakib DOES rely too much on spinners and I still didn't get why he bowled Shafiul in the last 2 penultimate overs. Its a mystery to me. Is he changing his mindset?

One World
March 3, 2010, 11:39 PM
bektir che dol boro?

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
bektir che dol boro?
In Bangladesh,

Country < Team < Bekti

wiseshah
March 4, 2010, 12:08 AM
i am very shocked to see some people's point of view towards mashrafe.

mashrafe is the most influential BD cricketer. the way he inspires BD team--thats beyond imagination. the way he welcomed rubel hossain and help him to bowl in accurate line and length during the real match is a great example.he was giving him advice before every
single ball rubel delivered.

The way, he showed his support towards shakib is another great example. he openly talked about shakib's future and wanted shakib's inclusion in IPL. He is one of the few cricketers, who was over excited when shakib become allrounder number 1 and top ten bowler list.

during his injury time, he was constantly backing up shakib's captaincy and said so many goood things abt him

he said highly abt tamim and wanted to play for abahoni with shakib and tamim. He was super excited about BD cricket's future

he led BD even when he was not captain. dont forget his contribution against India--the match which was dedicated to manjar Rana. Though he was not official team captain then but he was the leader.

in recent, when tushar Imran was victim of local politics of khulna division, mashrafe stood up for him and showed his open support.

people might forget his contribution, including shakib but Mashrafe is still my hero and will remain forever.

last: after one and half year--anybodies return to the national team is difficult. may be mashrafe is not in his best form or atleast didnt show in one match. but you cant judge player like mashrafe with one match. and his substitutes are 100 miles behind than him and not even comparable with mashrafe.

i hope--he just leave the squad for his mother's illness and we hope she recovers soon and we return back a fully fit mashrafe.

as a captain or as a player or as a human being mashrafe is above all BD players.he is true leader and one of the best cricketer bangladesh has ever produced.

he is 26 now, and i believe he has still 7 more years to go--if he is concern about his future injury.

I am just praying mashrafe will be fully fit and want to see more action of mashrafe.