PDA

View Full Version : I Was Wrong About ........

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 09:26 AM
The purpose of this thread to openly admit your expectations or assertions that have been incorrect.

I’ll start.

I have been wrong about……

(A) Tamim Iqbal : I was sure he would be another ura dhura batsman and would not grow as a batsman. He has definitely proved me wrong and continues to improve. He still show immaturity here and there and once he learns to shut out the opposition for sledging , the world better watch out. :)

(B) Bangladesh in T20 : I was sure we would be a force to be reckoned with in this new format. But lack of respect to the format from the board, selectors, coach and even the players has made us an embarrassment after a promising win against WI in the first world cup :(

(C) Aftab and Nafees’ return : I was sure they would have a positive impact after the ICL ban was lifted. Though its hard to finalize on Nafees after getting only one test match, Aftab just doesn’t seem like he will make any contribution to the team. :(

(D) Mushy’s Keeping : I like Mushy for his positive attitude and he genuinely seems like someone always wanting to improve. I didn’t think much of his keeping and was sure that it would improve with time. It hasn’t though :(

(E) Junaed : I was very excited about him and he seemed like he could be something special with the T20 knock vs. Pakistan (even the T20 WC vs. IND) and the marathon stands with Tamim in Test. ODIs has just been a miserable failure. :(

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team. :(

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2010, 09:36 AM
I was wrong about Abdur Razzak, the Batsman. I thought he was better than the top order we had and have. Well in some instances he is but still not the batsman I thought he would turn out to be in international cricket.

I was some what wrong on going against the fast tracking the U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib. Growing pains.

We need a "I was right" thread. I can contribute heavily there. :)

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 09:40 AM

Think about it. Do you REALLY want that thread open for some of the members on this board?

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 09:44 AM
I thought finally BCB relaized how screwed up Ash is right now for their own in-action.

But guess what after scoring two ducks three ducks in four innings in NCL, he is rewarded with Captaincy for Team-A against England.

By I was soo wrong. Boy how could I even thought BCB finally learned the lesson?

Koila dhuileyoo moila Jai na....

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2010, 09:49 AM
Think about it. Do you REALLY want that thread open for some of the members on this board?
My bad. I retract my earlier comment. Actually I was wrong on wanting a "I was right" thread. Thanks Raynman, I owe you one. Now I realize what a big mistake it can be. Good thing niping in the bud.
+++
Fazal, make it 3 ducks in four innings. Get your stats right. 0(5), 21(49), 0(2) and finally he got the golden one 0(1). You are wrong. (perfect thread)

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 10:00 AM
TE my mistake, I was wrong !!!

Corrected.

Aritro
March 3, 2010, 10:08 AM
The purpose of this thread to openly admit your expectations or assertions that have been incorrect.

I’ll start.

(A) Tamim Iqbal : I was sure he would be another ura dhura batsman and would not grow as a batsman. He has definitely proved me wrong and continues to improve. He still show immaturity here and there and once he learns to shut out the opposition for sledging , the world better watch out. :)

(B) Bangladesh in T20 : I was sure we would be a force to be reckoned with in this new format. But lack of respect to the format from the board, selectors, coach and even the players has made us an embarrassment after a promising win against WI in the first world cup :(

(C) Aftab and Nafees’ return : I was sure they would have a positive impact after the ICL ban was lifted. Though its hard to finalize on Nafees after getting only one test match, Aftab just doesn’t seem like he will make any contribution to the team. :(

(D) Mushy’s Keeping : I like Mushy for his positive attitude and he genuinely seems like someone always wanting to improve. I didn’t think much of his keeping and was sure that it would improve with time. It hasn’t though :(

(E) Junaed : I was very excited about him and he seemed like he could be something special with the T20 knock vs. Pakistan (even the T20 WC vs. IND) and the marathon stands with Tamim in Test. ODIs has just been a miserable failure. :(

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team. :(

You've just covered just about all the points I was going to make, except C (I didn't think either of those two players would be particularly useful).

Point F is the one that stands out for me though. Never in my worst nightmares would I have thought that we'd win as few games between the 2007 WC and now as we have.

kallishpat
March 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
I agree with Tiger

Abdure Razzak is the right cricketer for in Top Order in Bangladeshi Team.

I was wrong about Abdur Razzak, the Batsman. I thought he was better than the top order we had and have. Well in some instances he is but still not the batsman I thought he would turn out to be in international cricket.

I was some what wrong on going against the fast tracking the U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib. Growing pains.

auntu
March 3, 2010, 10:45 AM
I was always right about Aftab and Nafees. I knew they would fail.

BD-Shardul
March 3, 2010, 10:47 AM
I was wrong about MUllah. Many times I have called him useless. I am no glad that he gave me a baash and made me eat my word :D

Ananna
March 3, 2010, 11:10 AM
I was wrong about Ashraful. I thought he was gonna contribute heavily once the ICLers left the team.
I wish he went to ICL too.

simon
March 3, 2010, 11:17 AM
I was kind of wrong about Rock,I thght he will be a very conistent 1 but he isn't.
Though I believe he will make his comeback.

Mrs_Riyad
March 3, 2010, 11:20 AM
I was Wrong about mods in BC.....some of them are heartless :(

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 12:41 PM
I was wrong about Raqibul, I thought he would be the man to keep our innings together and be a 30+ average batsman.

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
Still not giving up my hope on Rock to make a good return in the team.

But I was wrong to think -

1) Naeem would not worth much as a bowler.
2) Aftab would make good use of opportunities given to him (or that at least he would try).

alibangali
March 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
i was wrong to believe that umpires are fair and make impartial decisions when i first started following cricket.

I was wrong about ash, i really thought captaincy whould have made him a more responsible player.

I was wrong about BC, its really hard to just read comments and not contribute

MohammedC
March 3, 2010, 01:41 PM
I was wrong about "The Rock".

Omio
March 3, 2010, 01:45 PM
I was wrong about Riad.

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 02:33 PM
I was wrong about Shakib. I thought his batting would click more frequently.

I was wrong about Aftab. Thought he would perform well.

I am right about Shahriar Nafees. I knew he is a worthless player with no confidence.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 02:45 PM
Dont rule out the rock..4 a while he was our most consistent batsman 4 the team..just recently he has been in bad touch tho..he will definitely be back in form..look at mushfiq and mahmudullah..people might not remember but they were really struggling before 2 make the final cut..people were calling them faltu and stuff but they went back 2 the local leagues, worked hard and made some big scores and are now not looking back..was always right about the icl players..i knew we had more mature batsmen now then those foolz..Was wrong about imrul..thought he was the new tushar imran but boy have i been wrong..he has take my words and spit them right at my face and im happy he did that..hes been impressive so far and hope he continues 2 improve

betaar
March 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
I was wrong thinking that after so many loses over the years I won’t be hurt if <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh </st1:place></st1:country-region>loses……but it does again and again and again every freakin’ time. :sick:

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a fun thread.

I was wrong about...

....thinking that some of our fans would sober up after each evidence of progress, and tone down onrhetorics and criticisms after understanding that competing in the world stage is no walk in the park.

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
I was wrong thinking that after so many loses over the years I won’t be hurt if <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh </st1:place></st1:country-region>loses……but it does again and again and again every freakin’ time. :sick:

That's because you really love your cricket team and the game.

riankhan
March 3, 2010, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=Raynman;1100336]

"Solution: To get stronger in Sledging, Puran Dhakai 10 Masher Saifurs course"

"Solution: Players should be forced to join Jamat-Shibir to practice PitaPiti Game"

"Solution: aaarrrr.....urrrrr.......dah........Ajab prem ki Gazab Kahani"

"Solution: Police er dhor-pakor ovijane ongshogrohon, ekta nishpap polaw miss nai"

"Solution: Remove his longer version of kapor and force him to put mini-skirt for next Thirty=one-days"

(F) BD team Winning: After the 2007 WC, I was sure we would be more than a once a win year team. ]

"Now.....seriously....bd has improved bro, putting competition regularly":([/QUOTE

betaar
March 3, 2010, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a fun thread.

I was wrong about...

....thinking that some of our fans would sober up after each evidence of progress, and tone down onrhetorics and criticisms after understanding that competing in the world stage is no walk in the park.

I hope it wasn't directed toward me since I heavily criticized Shakib for his bad call toward the end of Eng batting in the 2nd ODI. ;)

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm probably like most people but before each and every series i think ash will always score big and will turn in2 a consistent superstar 4 us but unfortunately it seems that i am wrong every single time..i hope he can prove me right 1 day tho..

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 04:23 PM
I hope it wasn't directed toward me since I heavily criticized Shakib for his bad call toward the end of Eng batting in the 2nd ODI. ;)

Hey........ man, I'm in no position to judge you.

bura
March 3, 2010, 06:20 PM
I was wrong about -

1. Shahriar Nafis
2. Aftab Ahmed

Both turned out to be craps.

3. M. Mahmudullah

who turned out to be an excellent prospect. But has to improve fielding.

I am unsure about Imrul Kayes and Rubel Hussain. Has to prove many points.

bharat
March 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
I was wrong about

1.Tamim ..when I first saw him I thought he was a slogger with little technique .I slotted him in Aftab's category .
2.Mush. I thought he should have been dropped for his bad keeping.His batting has improved by leaps and bounds.
3.Ash ...thought he would be a 'poor mans Tendulkar'

Equinox
March 3, 2010, 07:02 PM
I am never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong but then I realised I was wrong for thinking I was wrong. Wrong.

Is the word wrong starting to sound Chinese to you guys?

bura
March 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
I am never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong but then I realised I was wrong for thinking I was wrong. Wrong.

Does the word wrong start to sound Chinese to you guys?

no it looks/sounds just wrong ;)

Purbasha T
March 3, 2010, 07:21 PM
[বাংলা][বাংলা]রঙ লাগিল অঙ্গে[/বাংলা]..রঙের দেশ বঙ্গে[/বাংলা]

FagunerAgun
March 3, 2010, 08:31 PM
Makes sense to most of us, I guess.
Your candidness is much appreciated.

Catskills
March 3, 2010, 09:18 PM
I was wrong about thinking that someday I could touch the sky. I was 10 years old then. Now I know that sky is far from heaven.

Catskills
March 3, 2010, 09:21 PM

Is the word wrong starting to sound Chinese to you guys?

Yes... wrong, bong, chong, ching, chang, mang, ting, tang, lang, lee. Actually it does.

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 10:28 PM
I was wrong about thinking that someday I could touch the sky. I was 10 years old then. Now I know that sky is far from heaven.

I had similar issues with the sun, but when I was 7.

pinch_hitter
March 3, 2010, 11:11 PM
I thought finally BCB relaized how screwed up Ash is right now for their own in-action.

But guess what after scoring two ducks three ducks in four innings in NCL, he is rewarded with Captaincy for Team-A against England.

By I was soo wrong. Boy how could I even thought BCB finally learned the lesson?

Koila dhuileyoo moila Jai na....

priceless :lol:

fiasnahk
March 4, 2010, 06:25 AM
I was wrong about aftab ahmed. He isn't producing as i thought he would, but still need more chances.
I won't admit i was wrong about shariar nafees. Hes got the most hundred for bangladesh in odis and everyone will remember that 150 against australia. He has talent, and needs to be looked at. Everything else i sort of saw coming, except mushis growth as a batsmen, i thought he sucked.

BD-Shardul
March 4, 2010, 08:55 AM
[বাংলা][বাংলা]রঙ লাগিল অঙ্গে[/বাংলা]..রঙের দেশ বঙ্গে[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]আমি আপনার কবিত্ব প্রতিভায় যার পর নাই মুগ্ধ পূর্বাশা টি ভাই। আমার নিজেরও কবিতা লেখার ইচ্ছা ছিল। কিন্তু চাইলেই ত মানুষ আর কবিতা লিখতে পারে না। "জল পড়ে, পাতা নড়ে", শুনতে যত সহজই শোনাক না কেন, আসলে কিন্তু মোটেও সহজ নয়।

আল্লাহ আপনার কবি প্রতিভা আরো বিকশিত করুণ।[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]
যারা অজ্ঞান, তাদের জন্যঃ কিংবদন্তী বলে, 'জল পড়ে পাতা নড়ে' এটা নাকি রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুরেরে প্রথম কবিতার লাইন, যা তিনি লিখেছিলেন মাত্র ১৪ বছর বয়সে।[/বাংলা]

tiger_army
March 4, 2010, 09:50 AM
I was wrong abt the English team, I thought we will beat them easily....hmm...:(:confused:

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
I was wrong to assume Shakib knelt before Lotus. As Nocturnal said "more and more I saw him talking I'm convinced NO HUMAN FORCE can make him kneel down and ask for forgiveness if he is not willing to do that. If this is north america I would sue Doinik Kaler Konto for those misleading pictures with that idiot lotta kamal!"

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 12:57 PM
I was wrong about Raqibul Hasan :(
Never thought that he would retire at age 22 for not being included in the squad. It was more puzzling when he said (in the media)- he tought about it earlier and did what he was planned.
Boy o boy!

bura
March 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
I was wrong to assume Shakib knelt before Lotus. As Nocturnal said "more and more I saw him talking I'm convinced NO HUMAN FORCE can make him kneel down and ask for forgiveness if he is not willing to do that. If this is north america I would sue Doinik Kaler Konto for those misleading pictures with that idiot lotta kamal!"

I am thinking along the same line mate!

Trigger_Tiger
March 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
The Rock (that stops a man from being a man) being a gritty challenger to all the adversities he faced :)!

Ashfaq
March 11, 2010, 01:04 PM
I was wrong about infinity. exp[-j * infinity] ! = 0.

Also, I was wrong to think our cricketers are mostly professional. They're mostly a bunch of sissy girls. [No offence to any sissy girls out there.]

Trigger_Tiger
March 11, 2010, 01:05 PM

I think along the same lines now, but can't be that sure...but what I'm sure of is that if Lotus Kamal did make him kneel then, he would dare not do it again...simply because you can shake a tree when it is but a small green plant, but not when it is a solid shading force which holds together and is responsible for life around it! He can drop a fruit when he wants to, and produce 5 others at will as well :)!

Furtibaaz
March 11, 2010, 01:25 PM
I was wrong....after every ODI game where we came so close to winning or every Test where we toiled hard to get to a position to outperfom the opposition we predictably stumbled & succembed so miserbaly, I thought I would never watch the Tigers play again.....on the contratry I can't wait for the next BD series to begin.

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
I was wrong about this pic - I thought Ashwell Prince was about to kick and smack IceMan with his bat!! How demoralizing picture it was!!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/587503c6c1.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Guess what- In real - shakib just took a brilliant catch of his own bowling - there goes Justin kemp. Shakib on a hattrick!! SA - 87/6 was in deep deep touble. WC 2007!!

Now, how about if I send this to doinik kaler konto or amardesh!! Vesuvious tomorrow morning!! lol :-p

Fazal
March 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
Now, how about if I send this to doinik kaler konto or amardesh!! Vesuvious tomorrow morning!! lol :-p

Hmmm... may be a headline "Futtus Kamal-er eengite Boodmash SA Gunda Sakib-ke Haamla. Lathhi aar bat-er Baarite Sakib laanchito..."

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hmmm... may be a headline "Futtus Kamal-er eengite Boodmash SA Gunda Sakib-ke Haamla. Lathhi aar bat-er Baarite Sakib laanchito..."

could not agree more mamu :)

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 03:21 PM
Mostofa kamal aka lotus kamal: I was wrong about nothing
, how can I be wrong, that's not even possible.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

revolver
March 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
same i was wrong with iqbal to

Purbasha T
March 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Nice one, Pasha bhai (yes, yes; I've been long enough in BC to know your real name :-p).

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 03:58 PM
Nice one, Pasha bhai (yes, yes; I've been long enough in BC to know your real name :-p).

Thanks.
Even new pola bondhu (RIP) knew my name...no worries! :-p

auntu
March 11, 2010, 04:02 PM
now, how about if i send this to doinik kaler konto or amardesh!! Vesuvious tomorrow morning!! Lol :-p
[বাংলা]
কালের কন্ঠ ভালো পত্রিকা বলেই মালুম হচ্ছে। আমি অতি শীঘ্রই প্রথম আলু ছেড়ে কালের কন্ঠের পাঠক হতে যাচ্ছি। আমার আলু প্রীতি ছিলো খেলার পাতার জন্য কিন্তু আকে দেকলুম আলুর পঁচা রোগ ধরেছে...[/বাংলা]

Ahsan
March 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
I was wrong, Big Boss can't divide by zero! But after rock's retirement, it is proven true!