PDA

View Full Version : Nur Hossain

Go_Bangladesh
March 3, 2010, 01:44 PM
I heard about all the good spinners in our U19 team but none made me as excited as Nur Hossain. The others are SLA or orthodox off spinner. This guy is a Stuart Macgill like leg spinner. I dont know about his performances in NCL or other tours and tournaments but his style of bowling is very fun to see as he extract genuine turn. He got selected for the practise game against England, let see how he performs against them. The video below shows some of his deliveries in the U19 tour of England last summer. He is jersey number 75. Take a look....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS2dmwa5fd0

Green Tea
March 3, 2010, 01:52 PM
His bowling was really good on that match.

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 02:02 PM
He's fiqures don't look that good but I was very impressed with his display in that video. He generated so much turn, that was incredible!

bura
March 3, 2010, 02:04 PM
Yes he got my attention in couple of months ago. But I don't have much info on him. The highlights says he is a wrist spinner and can turn the ball both ways. the question is - is he consistent? or capable to play at the national level?

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 02:09 PM
Man I just watched the rest of the video. When I saw Anamul Haque's wicketkeeping for the first 2 balls, I wasn't impressed he dropped some sitters. But his stumping was extraordinary! He literally took the bails off while he was horizontal in the air!

HereWeGo
March 3, 2010, 02:11 PM
It is surprising that players like Forhad hossain, Nazimuddin, Saqlain Sajib and Sabbir Rahman could not make the cut to the A side. They are the best performers in this years NCL :mad:

Purbasha T
March 3, 2010, 02:14 PM
My video. :-p

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 02:16 PM

I thought I recognised the pic. Thanks for the upload. Nice TV by the way.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 02:16 PM
I really like Nur..he really does generate a lot of spin..still really young though and he has 2 prove that he can take wickets in the ncl but did quite well in the U-19 level, another solid leggie we got is Shabbir who did even better in the U19 matches..both are very good lower order batsmen as well..nasir hossain is a serious player 2 consider as well..its good 2 have some good leggies in the team..we need a good variation of spinners in our team, SLA's, leggies, and offies..

riankhan
March 3, 2010, 03:01 PM

Boroi nervous haat......thanks any wayz...:smug:

Purbasha T
March 3, 2010, 04:05 PM
I thought I recognised the pic. Thanks for the upload. Nice TV by the way.

Tnx. :) :)

Boroi nervous haat......thanks any wayz...:smug:

Lol, actually I had thought the video was going to be of greater duration than it eventually went on to be. So while I was recording it I was trying to create an angled base on top of the front table for the camcorder by using books and stuff so that the camcorder points directly towards the TV and I don't need to keep holding it. But couldn't manage to do anything as there wasn't anything suitable. :-p

Purbasha T
March 3, 2010, 04:06 PM
We have hardly ever had a convincing leggie in our team. So yes, Nur Hussain surely would be someone to look forward to.

Miraz
March 3, 2010, 04:13 PM
It is surprising that players like Forhad hossain, Nazimuddin, Saqlain Sajib and Sabbir Rahman could not make the cut to the A side. They are the best performers in this years NCL :mad:

And they have taken their respective teams to final and will be playing for the title. They are not available for the A team at the moment.

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 04:55 PM
Is Nasir Hossain and Nur Hossain Dui Bhai?

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 05:15 PM
Nur was the highest wicket taker in Dhaka first division last year. But his exposure to higher levels are limited so far. Though a genuine turner of the ball, he seems to have control issues (which was why, I believe, Sabbir was preferred over him in U/19 matches though Sabbir extract less turn).

Gowza
March 3, 2010, 06:05 PM
spinners take longer to develop, leg spinners generally take the longest out of the spinners to develop. good to here he can get big turn, hopefully he gets side spin though like stuart macgill, i hate leg spinners like kumble or cameron white, even alok kapali although a decent bowler doesn't get the huge turn because he doesn't get enough side spin on it.

but nur probably needs to work on his batting, i think it's going to be tough for him to get a gig ahead of shabbir in the future, shabbir shows genuine allrounder potential.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 06:34 PM
spinners take longer to develop, leg spinners generally take the longest out of the spinners to develop. good to here he can get big turn, hopefully he gets side spin though like stuart macgill, i hate leg spinners like kumble or cameron white, even alok kapali although a decent bowler doesn't get the huge turn because he doesn't get enough side spin on it.

but nur probably needs to work on his batting, i think it's going to be tough for him to get a gig ahead of shabbir in the future, shabbir shows genuine allrounder potential.

shabbir does look more developed as an allrounder prospect as of now..but it is still 2 early 2 tell as to who will be better..nur is 17 and shabbis is 18 so we have 2 wait and see as to who will be better..both very strong prospects tho..

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 08:58 PM
so far from ehat i have seen shabbir is more a batting all rounder and noor hossain is more a bowler.

for legspinners its very hard to be consistent. thats why we have seen very fewer leg spinners in the world.

anyway these two are good prospects. have to go through proper training development process in u-19 and age group teams.

nsd3
March 3, 2010, 10:39 PM
From Cricinfo
Noor Hossain is a legspinner and a useful lower-order batsman. His most memorable performance to date is his 65 at No.8 against Zimbabwe Under-19 in a one-dayer in November 2009 to help Bangladesh win by one wicket. His idol is Shane Warne. He was included in the Bangladesh squad for the 2010 U-19 World Cup in New Zealand.

NoName
January 1, 2017, 05:36 PM
For all the obsession and whining going on with our HC/Selectors/Team MGMT in searching for a leggie, why doesn't anyone take a look at this guy? He's a proper leggie and not just an 'all-rounder' or 'part-timer' and has the stats to back it up. I admit I haven't seen him bowl but he can't be any worse than Jubair or Tanbir, if anyone has seen him I'd like to hear your views.

Here are his stats
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/400588.html

Nothing too impressive, but much better than the others we've debuted . Someone was saying out of Tanbir/Jubair/Noor that Tanbir was the best one, but here is my post comparing their stats going off our domestics

How? I'm comparing their bowling mind you. Look at their List A stats, Jubair as poor as he is at least manages to get wickets, whereas Tanveer has only 14 in 43 matches and Noor has 41 in 40. Clearly Tanveer can't even be compared with other two in the LO format, not to mention that is not even all-rounder material and more like a part-timer

In FC cricket only thing Tanveer has going for him is that he has a better average and sr than the other two (just slightly), but he barely even bowls compared to the other two which is quite evident in their wicket tallies and number of deliveries. Tanveer has almost twice as many matches as Noor, yet has bowled less deliveries than him. Noor has just as many 4-fers as Tanveer and four 5-fers whereas Tanveer has none yet, not to mention Noor is bagging wickets since has has just as many as Tanveer while playing half the matches. Even Jubair is getting more wickets than Tanveer.

Here are Jubair's and Tanbir's stats in comparison
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/629066.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/421892.html

Eshen
January 1, 2017, 05:41 PM
^^ Hathuru does not care about domestic stats. If you want to be in the team, you have to impress him in the nets. Nur was one of the regular net bowlers during both Afghan and England series, yet Tanbir has been preferred over him. Since then, he is nowhere to be seen, not in BPL or NCL.

Nadim
January 1, 2017, 06:12 PM
Was always fan of nur. Watched him live when he toured England back in 2008 along with shabbir, mominul and Bijoy. He was wonderful to watch back in the U19. Had the skills to be a great leggier and could have been very useful with the bat. Unfortunately, in ncl, BPL and dpl, you only get pick if you r SLA.

Another talent wasted from the pipeline...

Eshen
January 1, 2017, 06:23 PM
^^ After Elias Sunny switched back to Dhaka few seasons ago, Chittagong team don't have any SLA to speak of. If Nur still can't cement his place in the team, I think he only has himself to blame.

Jubair has the excuse of facing competition from good SLAs, for whichever domestic team (Abahani, Dhaka) he plays. Nur, not really.

NoName
January 1, 2017, 07:01 PM
His recent performances back in summer has been quiet poor too