PDA

View Full Version : Lessons for the tests

IanW
March 3, 2010, 04:17 PM
Tanim is still in decent form, and Imrul Kayes and Rahim have got some runs.

Aftab is still useless.

Their South Africans dont like slow left armers.

Swann is a definite threat.

Their quicks dont appear to be that threatening.

Shaiful and Rubel are the current #1 and 2 fast bowlers.

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 04:20 PM
Ian, it's Tamim, not Tanim :)

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2010, 04:21 PM
The ball needs to spin from session two day one. We need to have 2 more spinners beside Riyad and Naeem. With the new ball and pacers we need to have two slips at least.

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 04:23 PM
Imrul's success in Tests so far is not good though. Somehow Zunaed is still a better batsman in this format.

Miraz
March 3, 2010, 04:23 PM
I am willing to play Mehrab Jnr. in the Chittagong Test if he can perform reasonably well in the 3-day match. He is a decent SLA and good enough batsman to take the number 4 position in the team.

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 04:29 PM
Let all the current dead woods play (Ash, Juniad, SN, Aftab, mashrafee) in 1st TEST ONLY and drop them all for 2nd TEST so that we have some hope of a win in 2nd TEST.

Lets not screw up both games by replacing one dead wood with another.

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
Let all the current dead woods play (Ash, Juniad, SN, Aftab, mashrafee) in 1st TEST ONLY and drop them all for 2nd TEST so that we have some hope of a win in 2nd TEST.

Well said.

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
Lessons for the tests:

Stay well rested and keep on going after them. Don't give up. Stay focused.

NKVD
March 3, 2010, 04:33 PM
I am willing to play Mehrab Jnr. in the Chittagong Test if he can perform reasonably well in the 3-day match. He is a decent SLA and good enough batsman to take the number 4 position in the team.

His performance trend tends to come in Ws.

Tigers_eye
March 3, 2010, 04:42 PM
One more thing. Can A Miller hook some of our players with some county agents? Riyad, Tamim, Naeem, Shuvo, Shafiul, Rubel all should be good prospect. Boys can finalize in the away tour.

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 05:08 PM

I don't think it's a good idea. Instead lets all those out of forms to perform in 3 day match. I am sure all of them will fail. And then give chances to some new players.
We don't need out of form players play rather we'd like to try young guns.

SS
March 3, 2010, 05:19 PM
1) No biriyani breaks even no singara and dhudh ala sugary cha during tea breaks
2) Arrange a press conference and tell Shakib that he is a "Kaguje number 1"
3) Tell Tamim that he is just "ordinary"
4) Discribed aftab as Lilliput and "too small" and Naeem is way better than him
5) Tell Zunaid that he is a lomba boga and should do a package natok
6) Tell Mahmudullah that Shoba deserves better than him
7) Tell Musfiq that he is a school boy
8) Tell Naeem that he will never be promoted from 7 or 8 position if he does not stay in the wicket and scores valuable runs or tell him lie that if he performs he will get Aftab's position
9) Tell Mehrab Jr. or Enamul Jr., that even Under 19 SLAs perform better than them
10) Tell Rubel that he is a bhua gangster and Cook and Peterson will smack him for sixes in consecutive balls if he does not get his act straight
11) Remind Shafiul of the 2nd ODI match

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
One more thing. Can A Miller hook some of our players with some county agents? Riyad, Tamim, Naeem, Shuvo, Shafiul, Rubel all should be good prospect. Boys can finalize in the away tour.

Tamim will get one on his own soon enough. If riyad can continue to perform he'll be next in line.

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
Good points SS. Please players, refrain from high carb meals and sugary drinks during the match.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 05:23 PM

Fazal bro i wouldn't call Zunaed a deadwood though..he does have 5 half centuries in the test arena which is pretty solid compared 2 the other batsmen we have in tests..so i would keep him in there..i would agree however that ash, aftab, sn and mash need 2 be out of the test team..

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 05:25 PM
...ok ....ok... Junaid is semi-dead-wood, the way he is going, will be dead wood pretty soon.

Now Happy?

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 05:32 PM
...ok ....ok... Junaid is semi-dead-wood, the way he is going, will be dead wood pretty soon.

Now Happy?

lol yes im very happy now fazal..thanks for the clear up!! I know what your saying though..his average is pretty sucky at just about 23 but still i do believe he is decent in tests and much better there then in odis..in odis hes a big time deadwood..in tests he is a semi deadwood..he needs 2 be more consistent if he wants to be in the test team 4 good..

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 05:43 PM
semi dead wood!! well said. what will you call Ashraful then? Rotten wood? Fossil??

Gowza
March 3, 2010, 06:00 PM
hopefully shuvo gets to play this last ODI and gets a good amount of overs so we can see what he has to offer, if he does ok then he should be the other spinner for the test team with riyad and naeem playing as batsmen.

imrul really needs to make a score in this test series, though i suspect even if he doesn't he'll hold onto his test spot due to his one-day performances. we should try out a new #3 in this series though.

Orpheus
March 3, 2010, 06:09 PM

yesI always thought he was a good batsman - and would be an ideal middle order... but somehow he got lost...

uss01
March 3, 2010, 09:06 PM
really? Can't recall, does he play the short ball well?

yesI always thought he was a good batsman - and would be an ideal middle order... but somehow he got lost...

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 09:31 PM
first lets see if our selectors are learning lessons are not.....

then the players

Tiger Manc
March 4, 2010, 10:57 AM
Shuvo has to play in the Test team. If he plays that would be an amazing bowling attack. Shakib and Shuvo would collectively destroy the English batsman for less than 250.

sadi
March 4, 2010, 11:10 AM
I didn't see Shuvo getting much turn in the 2nd match. I will be looking forward to see how he does today. If he can trouble the batsmen, he may play in the test match. However, Razzak has made it more interesting now.

Tiger Manc
March 4, 2010, 11:25 AM
You can't judge him after only 3 overs. InshAllah he'll get 10 overs in the final ODI. But I wouldn't mind a Shakib-Shuvo-Razzak attack for the Tests.

Ashfaq
March 4, 2010, 12:12 PM
semi dead wood!! well said. what will you call Ashraful then? Rotten wood? Fossil??

Have you any idea how precious fossilized wood is? Ash is just that. Ash.

Ajfar
March 4, 2010, 12:17 PM
We need 2 full time spinner for the test match, Nayeem and Riyad might not be able to provide shakib the kind of support he needs

Fazal
March 4, 2010, 12:41 PM
We need 2 full time spinner for the test match, Nayeem and Riyad might not be able to provide shakib the kind of support he needs

Nor wood Razzak or Shuvo.

Thats why we need to bring Saqlin....not only he is huge success in local league.... he name sounds like he was born to be a great spinner.

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 12:54 PM
Nor wood Razzak or Shuvo.

Thats why we need to bring Saqlin....not only he is huge success in local league.... he name sounds like he was born to be a great spinner.

i would go for shakib, shuvo, saqlain trio..... the 3S trio.

reminds me of the indian trio of bieshen singh bedi, s venkataraghaban and chandrasekhar, though they were three types.

we can now produce the 3S trio of 3 left arm offspinners

godzilla
March 4, 2010, 01:03 PM
Naeem needs to play in this test series and for crying out loud " DROP AFTAB" ... he is good for nothing in ODI so what will he accomplish in test -__-. If naeem fails with the bat but accomplish something with the ball I will still be very very happy with the lad. No one is being fair to him, even after seriously doing some damage and the lower order with the bat.

Ajfar
March 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
^^^ on top of that he deserves a call after his recent success in NCL. what's the point of performing in domestic league if it goes unnoticed.

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 02:03 PM
Nayeem would be an ideal #4 in Tests. Amar choto pola. The day he gets to bat in the middle order in Tests, I'll shed a tear; the day he makes a hundred, I'll cry into my pillows till I'm as dry as a twig.

BD-Shardul
March 4, 2010, 02:11 PM
Nayeem would be an ideal #4 in Tests. Amar choto pola. The day he gets to bat in the middle order in Tests, I'll shed a tear; the day he makes a hundred, I'll cry into my pillows till I'm as dry as a twig.

Apni ki janen na jonosonkha noyontroner slogan holo, "Chele hok, meye hok duti shontan i jothestho". Apnar eto guli pola.....jonosonkha kombe kemne?

Raynman
March 4, 2010, 02:13 PM
Do you really have any excuse not to win a test with Broad (possibly), Onions, Sidebottom, Anderson and Strauss not in the mix?

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
Apni ki janen na jonosonkha noyontroner slogan holo, "Chele hok, meye hok duti shontan i jothestho". Apnar eto guli pola.....jonosonkha kombe kemne?
Koi etoguli pola?

3ta chilo. Ekhon 1ta nai. Abul Hasan ke tyajjo putro kore diyechi. Amar dui chele Rahim o Nayeem. Oder aar kono bhai nei. Ora Abul Hasan ke chine na.

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 02:16 PM
Do you really have any excuse not to win a test with Broad (possibly), Onions, Sidebottom, Anderson and Strauss not in the mix?
There's no excuse, but we're awful finishers.

Raynman
March 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
There's no excuse, but we're awful finishers.

Just to clarify, finishing is learned right? So if we're awful it at, can I blame the coach?

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 02:28 PM
No, the players are to blame.

Raynman
March 4, 2010, 02:31 PM
So do you replace the players or find a coach that can get through to them?

NKVD
March 4, 2010, 03:00 PM
So do you replace the players or find a coach that can get through to them?

replace the fan who does not understand.

cheapest option, and no one gets hurt.

Equinox
March 4, 2010, 03:07 PM
Swann is a threat but a lesson from the second ODI is that he is not unplayable. I think in recent times no one has played Swann with the ease that we did in the 2nd ODI. I think it has something to do with my theory that we are relatively comfortable against offspin. However Chittagong will turn more and he may pick up his game so we have to stay alert.

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 03:13 PM

Indeed indeed.

The players will get it soon enough, or so it seems.

Nafi
March 4, 2010, 03:21 PM
Swann is a threat but a lesson from the second ODI is that he is not unplayable. I think in recent times no one has played Swann with the ease that we did in the 2nd ODI. I think it has something to do with my theory that we are relatively comfortable against offspin. However Chittagong will turn more and he may pick up his game so we have to stay alert.

Couldn't have said it better.

goru
March 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
[বাংলা]হায়রে... তামিম-রে তানিম টিভি বানায় দিছে...[/বাংলা] :-x

Raynman
March 4, 2010, 06:47 PM

Cheapest and simplest option. Better to turn a blind eye than address the issue.

chol_bd123
March 4, 2010, 07:07 PM
The curators should have a pitch prepared that will will break up as the days go on. It should be spin friendly and hopefully our spinners will do the job.
But we still need a good spinner to accompany Sakib. He can't bowl with neither Naeem nor Riyad. I haven't seen Shuvo bowl, so I can't judge him yet

IanW
March 4, 2010, 08:21 PM
Chol_bd,

Riyad bowled really well in Hamilton. I'm happy with his as the 3nd spinner, with one of Razzak, Enamul or Rafique to back up Sakib

chol_bd123
March 4, 2010, 08:30 PM
Chol_bd,

Riyad bowled really well in Hamilton. I'm happy with his as the 3nd spinner, with one of Razzak, Enamul or Rafique to back up Sakib

I agree with you Ian. Riyad is capable of bowling as third spinner but I would much rather have the second spinner be someone that has skills closer to Sakib with the ball.

Sakib can't bowl with the pacers either because they always give 4-6 runs per over.

IanW
March 4, 2010, 09:15 PM
If you are taking wickets in Test cricket, I really dont care what you get hit for :)

Part of the key is having different kinds of bowlers, which is part of what I like about the current Tigers base attck ... Rubel, slingy. Shaiful, skiddy. Sakib, SLA. Riyal, offspin. It has the variety to ask different sorts of questions.