PDA

View Full Version : NCL 2009/2010, The Final match thread: Rajshahi Div v Chittagong Div

Pages : [1] 2

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 02:53 AM
National Cricket Leaugue 2009/10

The Final: Rajshahi Division vs Chittagong Division

Date: 6th march to 10th march
Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

RAJSHAHI SQUAD: Jahurul Islam, Abishek Mitra, Mizanur Rahman, Farhad Hossain, Anisur Rahman, Farhad Reza, Zubaier Islam, Khaled Mashud, Hamidul Islam, Shafaq Al Jabir, Shafiul Islam*, Mohammad Shahajada, Delwar Hossain, Sohrawordi Shuvo*, Saqlain Sajib, Sanjamul Islam, Shohag Reza, Maysukur Rahman, Muktar Ali, Nasir Hossain*, Zunaed Siddiqui*, Alauddin Babu, Shabbir Rahman, Nayeem Islam*.

CHITTAGONG SQUAD: Nafis Iqbal, Nazimuddin, Rasel Al- Mamun, Gazi Salahuddin, Rezaul Karim, Faisal Hossain, Mahbubul Karim, Irfan Sukkur, Dhiman Ghosh, Arman Hossain, Golam Kibria, Tareq Aziz, Kamrul Islam, Monjurul Isalm, Miraj Ahmed, Elias Sunny, Mohammad Younus, Raihanuddin Arafat, Mobasser Hossain, Monirul Islam, Mahmudul Hasan, Tamim Iqbal*, Aftab Ahmed*, Tasamul Hoque Rubel, Rubel Hossain*

(*unavailable due to national duty)

the first NCL final will be held from 6th-10th march 2010 on SNBS, Mirpur. it will be a five day match. at the same time there will be a bangladesh A vs england game happening but still eyes of lots cricket fans will be on this game. some players playing in this game may hope for a call up in the TEST squad.

no news to me whether there will be any live telecast or live links.

well as its in Mirpur there is possibility for me to go to stadium to watch the game at least once or one session per day.

wishing both teams good luck and wishing a nice game of cricket.

Eshen
March 4, 2010, 02:56 AM
Thanks for opening the thread OS :up:

BTW, is not Nimbus suppose to cover few domestic matches each year as a part of its deal with BCB?

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks for opening the thread OS :up:

BTW, is not Nimbus suppose to cover few domestic matches each year as a part of its deal with BCB?

yes, but unfortunately they are not covering. there are lots of private channels in BD but still not a channel dedicated for sports.

i think if there was a dedicated sports channel they can cover the local domestic football cricket, hockey, badminton and all other sports. this can be a huge contribution in the overall development of sports in BD.

Murad
March 4, 2010, 03:15 AM
asha korbo khela ponchom din porjonto jabe and draw hobe.. they should learn the art of drawing the 5 day games.

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 03:23 AM
asha korbo khela ponchom din porjonto jabe and draw hobe.. they should learn the art of drawing the 5 day games.

also with 1 day more time available, teams may look for scoring 500 in an innings and batsman may have time to score 200 or 300

M.H.Rubel
March 4, 2010, 04:47 AM
What about Radio Bangladesh?Sometimes they give some live commentary of domestic cricket any one knows about their schedule?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

mahbubH
March 4, 2010, 09:14 AM
we will destroy chatgaon within 3 days!

Tigers_eye
March 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
we will destroy chatgaon within 3 days!
Jan 15, 16, 17. In three days it was over. :)

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/267/267847.html

Chittagong's last three games are W W W.

Rajshahi's L D D. Without Shuvo there are losing the bite.

Tiger Manc
March 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
MMW Chittagong is going to hammer Rajshahi. Faisal Hossain will become the 2nd player to score 1,000 runs in a domestic season.

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately, no one will get drunk on Mejbaner jhol if Chittagong wins this. That's how neglected the NCL is.

Beamer
March 4, 2010, 11:16 AM
Go Rajshahi!

AsifTheManRahman
March 4, 2010, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, no one will get drunk on Mejbaner jhol if Chittagong wins this. That's how neglected the NCL is.
Or aam er rosh if Rajshahi wins for that matter.

M.H.Rubel
March 4, 2010, 03:24 PM
Without Suhrawardy and Nasir Rajshahi is a bit weak but i hope it will not be a problem at all.

Farhad
March 4, 2010, 08:42 PM
MMW Chittagong is going to hammer Rajshahi. Faisal Hossain will become the 2nd player to score 1,000 runs in a domestic season.

Who was the first?

cricman
March 4, 2010, 08:48 PM
Who was the first?

Imran Farhat (Pak)

A few Nats could have done it if there season wasn't curtailed

Tiger Manc
March 5, 2010, 06:56 AM
Imran Farhat (Pak)

A few Nats could have done it if there season wasn't curtailed

Huh? Are you talking about NCL? From what I know Minhajul Abedin is the first and only player to score 1,000 runs in a season. He holds the record at 1,012.

Tiger Manc
March 5, 2010, 09:51 AM
Will Nasir Hossain and Naeem Islam play for Rajshahi?

Eshen
March 5, 2010, 02:31 PM
[বাংলা]ফাইনালে চট্টগ্রামের জন্য দুঃসংবাদ_ এ ম্যাচে তারা পাচ্ছেন না অধিনায়ক নাফিস ইকবালকে। বগুড়ায় খুলনার বিপক্ষে শেষ ম্যাচে নাফিস আম্পায়ারের সঙ্গে অসৌজন্যমূলক আচরণ করায় তাকে বহিষ্কার করা হয়। আর এ কারণেই ফাইনালে খেলা হচ্ছে না তার। নাফিসের পরিবর্তে চট্টগ্রামকে নেতৃত্ব দিতে দেখা যেতে পারে ফয়সাল হোসেনকে। তবে ফাইনাল না খেলতে পেরে হতাশ হয়েছেন নাফিস। 'এতদিন পর চট্টগ্রামের সামনে সুযোগ এসেছে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হওয়ার। আশা করেছিলাম ফাইনাল খেলব; কিন্তু তা আর হলো না।'[/বাংলা]

http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=50827&pub_no=268&type=

Ajfar
March 5, 2010, 02:49 PM
^^ what counts as a kharap achoron with umpire? After shakib's dismissal had he gone up to Moni and complained about it, would that count as kharap achoron with the umpire?

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2010, 03:19 PM
^^ what counts as a kharap achoron with umpire? After shakib's dismissal had he gone up to Moni and complained about it, would that count as kharap achoron with the umpire?
Apparently yes, and that's why cricketers are such sissies.

Raynman
March 5, 2010, 03:22 PM
Apparently yes, and that's why cricketers are such sissies.

LOL... I was just thinking how cool it would be if Siddons ran to the pitch and went nose to nose with Moni like a baseball manager or Shakib just took of his gloves and charged the umpire like a hockey player.

Tiger444
March 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
LOL... I was just thinking how cool it would be if Siddons ran to the pitch and went nose to nose with Moni like a baseball manager or Shakib just took of his gloves and charged the umpire like a hockey player.

LOL..i wish cricket had that..it seems cricket is just way 2 soft of a sport..look at even baseball, people sliding in2 each other, players trying 2 belt the batters at the body..in cricdket tho if you just say something 2 the umpire you get match bans..its a little 2 much how cricket does it..its a freakin sport, people have a right 2 throw tantrums and get mad at each other..anyways wouldnt you guys love it if siddons reacted like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2010, 04:24 PM
Sissiness is embedded in all steps of the history of the game. Back in the early days of Ranji (the man, not the league), shots on the on-side were banned and batsmen would have to apologize for committing such a hideous crime. In the Bradman era, bodyline bowling was banned. Today, you can't bowl two bouncers in an over.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 08:32 PM
ATN BANGLA is going to telecast the match live.....

there is chance of aftab playing the match for chittagong

cricman
March 5, 2010, 08:50 PM
ATN BANGLA is going to telecast the match live.....

there is chance of aftab playing the match for chittagong

Hmm Maybe I should go Home and watch

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hmm Maybe I should go Home and watch

it would be a nice opportunity to see some of the players play .... ....

to watch out for RAJSHAHI: Jahurul Islam, Farhad Hossain, Mohammad Shahajada, Delwar Hossain, Saqlain Sajib, Nasir Hossain*, Alauddin Babu, Shabbir Rahman*,

to watch out for CHITTAGONG : Nazimuddin*, Gazi Salahuddin, Faisal Hossain*, Dhiman Ghosh*, Arman Hossain, Elias Sunny, Tasamul Hoque Rubel,

(* already watched them in some other format or version)

anybody else......

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 10:34 PM
game starts..... rajshahi batting jahurul islam and sohrawardi shuvo batting

umpires are moni and nadir shah

looks like Rajshahi division has good conficence over Suhrawardi shuvo's batting as they send him to open,

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 10:35 PM
bowling for chittagong is kamrul islam

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 10:36 PM
chittagong fielding after winning the toss

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 10:37 PM
alauddin babu to bowl the second over.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 10:42 PM
7/0 runs after 2 overs

both alauddin and kamrul is getting some out swing

M.H.Rubel
March 5, 2010, 11:05 PM
7/0 runs after 2 overs

both alauddin and kamrul is getting some out swing

Any update?

M.H.Rubel
March 5, 2010, 11:29 PM
Raj 28/0

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 11:29 PM
ATN news...

M.H.Rubel
March 5, 2010, 11:41 PM
35/0 Suhrawardy got 3 lives and Jahurul 1 life

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:03 AM
Anybody watching this match on ATN Bangla should have a clear idea as to the overall quality of domestic "First Class" cricket this year. Some ought have have their head(s) examined for ignoring the gap between this atrocity and the highest level, and suggesting that NCL performers should be goaded into the senior squad without YEARS of A Team Cricket to try and fill the monumental gap. Remember that age-based and academy teams only play other age-based and academy teams and cannot be considered adequate preparation to play the senior sides of International cricket, especially of the test playing nations and Zimbabwe.

This is reality, not decontextualized statistics-based fantasy and/or EA Sports cricket.

RAJ 52-0 ... 4 dropped catches already.

tail-ender
March 6, 2010, 12:08 AM
Alauddin babu's bowling action is similar to Srishant..55/0

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:16 AM
Raj 56-0

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:21 AM
Irfan, the Chittagong WK is twice as tall as GoBoy but just as crappy! Lack of focus, bat rather than ball watching, ZERO lateral footwork etc, etc ... where is Dhiman?

Jahurul punishes a crappy delivery, wide and loose ... :four:

RAJ 67-0

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:25 AM
Beautifully timed cover drive ... :four: for Jahurul, on 42 now.

RAJ 73-0

mac
March 6, 2010, 12:26 AM
johurul has a good technique.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:26 AM
"Decans" to bowl ... gross!

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 12:27 AM
Sohel bhai,
BCB ei shob commentator kotha thekey dhoirey aney?

"Cricket onishchoita'r khela. Er porotey porotey khela bodley jatey parey"

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 12:29 AM
Ar these TV commentators or radio commentators

mac
March 6, 2010, 12:29 AM
good cover drive for 4 by shuvo. poor fielding,

mac
March 6, 2010, 12:31 AM
Sohel bhai,

Better than shamim, wicket to ar pore na :-p

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 12:32 AM
15 koti manush'er asha diye amra ki korbo? Khela dekha beaakkol!!!

mac
March 6, 2010, 12:34 AM
how fast is this kamrul?

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 12:35 AM
rajshahi 84-0

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 12:36 AM
Lunch: 84/0 Raj.

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 12:39 AM
how fast is this kamrul?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Speed tho dekhi nai. Shudhu hit me ball 4 khaitey deksi.

mac
March 6, 2010, 12:48 AM
Speed tho dekhi nai. Shudhu hit me ball 4 khaitey deksi.
He troubled ash with his pace two year ago. Though i can do that now. :-)

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:51 AM
Not "looking good" against these shite bowlers bowling on shitier pitches can still get you into the senior side. That's the power of lobbying ignorant and undereducated kiriket matobbors with toilomordon and chatukarita. With the sole exception of Shakil Kasem, they're ALL like that.

@Miju: we don't have ANY trained commies in any language. The ones we have don't know much about quality play-by-play punctuated by interesting and erudite anecdotes. Since they don't listen closely to quality foreign commies, they don't learn much on their own either. Why would they need to when Shamim's fake British accent and Ata's grossly incorrect English with that Indo-Pak accent can still put money in your bank? Mimicking cliché is good enough.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:07 AM
Sohel bhai,

"Cricket onishchoita'r khela. Er porotey porotey khela bodley jatey parey"

they give importance to literature than cricket

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:09 AM
Irfan, the Chittagong WK is twice as tall as GoBoy but just as crappy! Lack of focus, bat rather than ball watching, ZERO lateral footwork etc, etc ... where is Dhiman?

Jahurul punishes a crappy delivery, wide and loose ... :four:

RAJ 67-0

dhiman is out of sorts and even cant get a chance in the CTG side

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:10 AM
how fast is this kamrul?

just a little bit faster than rasel may be, near shahadat pace

tiger_omar
March 6, 2010, 01:13 AM
So is this match being broadcasted on ATN Bangla?

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:14 AM
So is this match being broadcasted on ATN Bangla?

Yes.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:16 AM
they give importance to literature than cricket

Spot on observation. That's the Khodaboksh Mrida-Chowdhury Jafrullah Sharafat School of Jatra, Abritti and Ishpors Dharabashshokola for you.

wasi_ahmed
March 6, 2010, 01:17 AM
Isn't Dhiman playing for Rajshahi with Pilot fielding?

Like last match against Dhaka
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/440872.html

tiger_omar
March 6, 2010, 01:20 AM
Yes.

Thank you. And did they resume play after lunch? Because if they did, I'm gonna leave my room and go watch a bit of the game in my living room. I'm too lay to just check :) Thanks.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:20 AM
Isn't Dhiman playing for Rajshahi with Pilot fielding?

Like last match against Dhaka
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/440872.html

Right you are! My bad to think he was still playing for Chittagong. Dinajpur lad playing for Rajshahi again. I guess he'll play for Rangpur Div next year. Hope they play him in this match.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you. And did they resume play after lunch? Because if they did, I'm gonna leave my room and go watch a bit of the game in my living room. I'm too lay to just check :) Thanks.

Play has been resumed.

RAJ 84-0

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:25 AM
Still no runs after lunch! Jahurul can't find the gap. The less said about Shubho, 3 lives already, the better.

84-0

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:28 AM
Toothless bowing waiting for unforced batting error. Classic NCL.

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:29 AM
shuvo out...good catch by the wk.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Sohel
Shoubho finally bites it @ 47(98) ... :outbad: ... Irfan's range gets him caught behind.

84-1

Shabbir Rahman Rumman comes in at number 3. Omi better score a 100 today.

al-Sagar
shuvo out.....

ct-shukkur b kamrul 3 consecutive maidens and this could be the 4th

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
sabbir in the crease!

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
dhiman is out of sorts and even cant get a chance in the CTG side

I saw name of Dhiman in player list of Raj probably he is playing today for Raj if i am not wrong.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:32 AM
here comes Shabbir Rahman.... a real promisng talent.... good aggressive batsman and showled good performance in the last match scoring 60+ and 100+

also a good leg spinner

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:32 AM
finally a run!

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:34 AM
Just saw Dhiman's name on the Rajshahi batting card. Shubhashish is playing too. Looking forward to seeing him bowl.

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 01:35 AM
Though have made some runs but it seems to me Suhrawardy does not have good technique and specially his foot work is poor.

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:36 AM
looks like sabbir already got a sponsor. Cloud lemon sticker on his bat.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:39 AM
I saw name of Dhiman in player list of Raj probably he is playing today for Raj if i am not wrong.

i also saw and could be a mistake by ATN.

dhiman was in the actually in the ctg squad.

just found out he is now in the rajshahi squad and playing for rajshahi

u r right

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:39 AM
The decision to have someone like MS Shubho open is typically callous and arbitrary. He thinks of himself as a bowling all-rounder. SR Shubho is the top order batsman.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:41 AM
Though have made some runs but it seems to me Suhrawardy does not have good technique and specially his foot work is poor.

shuvo should concentrate on his bowling, i think he is giving too much concentration on his batting which is his weaker side.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:42 AM
Fugly crossbatted swing and a miss ... dumb and typical of his age.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:43 AM
Chittagong's Skipper in this match: Mohammad Nazim:Dddin ... :floor: :floor: :floor:

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:46 AM
Nicely timed by Rumman for :four: ... poor delivery flicked off the pad.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:46 AM
Elias Sunny is crap. Nothing other than the occasional flight variation.

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:49 AM
50 by omi, now convert this to a three digit innings.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:50 AM
Omi gets another "FC" 50 with a nice :four: ... other than that life on 8, pretty decent innings so far. Now move on to 100 against this shite attack on faltland ... :applause:

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:50 AM
Absolutely correct Sohel vai, no turn at all.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:51 AM
Absolutely correct Sohel vai, no turn at all.

No pace or angualr variation either.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:53 AM
Nazim:Dddin's decision to field first under these conditions exemplifies his formidable IQ.

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:54 AM
nazim uddin decided to field first? Really this is picnic cricket, nothing else.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:56 AM
His kind of idiocy is the type of infectious cancer that will start a plague. He and the rest of our Special Olympics cricketers should be kept miles away from International cricket.

mac
March 6, 2010, 01:57 AM
ah, want those fresh mangos :-(

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:57 AM
nazim uddin decided to field first? Really this is picnic cricket, nothing else.

there was some swing intially...... both kamrul and alauddin babu was getting some good shape, but it was for 30-40 mins.

nazimuddin should have backed his batsmen to overcome that and then build.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:02 AM
proti ghontar songbad! Why doesn't mahfuzur rahman start a new 24*7 news channel! Painful.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:03 AM
can vuturi make it? 14 needed off 12. Only 1 wicket remaining.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:05 AM
match over. Vuturi bowled by harris. Great innings.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:08 AM
100 up for rajshahi.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:09 AM
catch dropped at silly mid-off. Lucky sabbir.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:09 AM
103-1/41 ... Omi better get a BIG 100 today.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:10 AM
catch dropped at silly mid-off. Lucky sabbir.

That's 5 so far in the innings.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:11 AM
alauddin babu getting some reverse swing at decent pace.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:12 AM
Rumman seems like yet another stylish player susceptible to loud and deadly brainfarts. Develop these guys in A Team cricket.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:13 AM
That's 5 so far in the innings.
Thats why our catching is so crap, and we don't even have any national fielding coach. WTG BCB!

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:14 AM
Thats why our catching is so crap, and we don't even have any national fielding coach. WTG BCB!

BCB mafia thought of that as a "faltu" expense.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:15 AM
omi gone! Sad end.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:16 AM
Omi fails to get one of the easiest "FC" 100s offered. Inside edged and bowled by an ordinary delivery ... :outbad: ... another "FC" wicket for Elias Sunny, the Alamgir Kabir of SLAs.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:18 AM
Omi fails to get one of the easiest "FC" 100s offered. Inside edged and bowled by an ordinary delivery ... :outbad: ... another "FC" wicket for Elias Sunny, the Alamgir Kabir of SLAs.

it shows how poor bowlers gets lots of wicket in NCL... ... like elias sunny got this of jahurul. poor shot on an ordinary delivery.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:20 AM
so another big performer Farhad hossain in. lets see what he is made of.

sreesanth of BD..... Alauddin babu bowling. his run up, action and follow through similar to sreesanth

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:24 AM
so another big performer Farhad hossain in. lets see what he is made of.

sreesanth of BD..... Alauddin babu bowling. his run up, action and follow through similar to sreesanth
Well, even his expression is also like sreesanth! Lolz, though bowling good.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:24 AM
Raj 109-2/44

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:25 AM
Well, even his expression is also like sreesanth! Lolz, though bowling good.

But how's his Bollywood @$$clowning/Dichkoo Denchink?

Style ought not be confused with substance, LOL!

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:26 AM
farhad going back to play sunny. Come on, show us better technique make life hell for this faltu bowler.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:27 AM
thats more like it, good shot.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:27 AM
poor commentator, that was just a bit footwwork, but commentator saying dancing down the wicket, lol

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:28 AM
But how's his Bollywood @$$clowning/Dichkoo Denchink?

Style ought not be confused with substance, LOL!
We don't have harbajan, so he's safe. Won't get spoiled.

jisaan
March 6, 2010, 02:28 AM
Guys, what's the score of Jahirul & Shuvo?

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:29 AM
the other commentator, not khodabox.... is so excited as if it is the last over of a high climax match

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:32 AM
the other commentator, not khodabox.... is so excited as if it is the last over of a high climax match

:lol:

@Jisaan: MS Shubho- high 40, 3 lives, soft dismissal. JI Omi- low 50, 1 life, soft dismissal.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:34 AM
bad luck, that was a good on drive. Deviated off the bat of the non striker.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:36 AM
actually shuvo scored 32.
Now mahmudul hasan to bowl his off spin.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:37 AM
Both of these players look good prospects

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 02:38 AM
Limon to Rumman ... Nazim:Dddin continues make HaBa look like the lovechild of Chappell and Waugh.

mac
March 6, 2010, 02:45 AM
finally, one ball turned for sunny!

AK420
March 6, 2010, 02:51 AM
120/2, this is good cricket

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 02:57 AM
looks like we are approaching another ATN NEWS

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 03:46 AM
Raj 151/3

fais
March 6, 2010, 03:47 AM
who scored how many runs?

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 03:58 AM

sorry i do differ.he got a good line and length.He can maintian constant nagging good line and length.

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 03:59 AM
who scored how many runs?

Jahurul 59
Shurawardy 32
Shabbir 39*

mac
March 6, 2010, 04:15 AM
another catch miss. Total 7 so far.

mac
March 6, 2010, 04:32 AM
sabbir bowled by babu for 41(143). Great inswinger got him.

sadi
March 6, 2010, 04:35 AM
any online links, guys?

yaseer
March 6, 2010, 04:35 AM
Any link to watch the game?
Which channel is showing?

mac
March 6, 2010, 04:42 AM
Any link to watch the game?
Which channel is showing?
ATN bangla.

mac
March 6, 2010, 04:43 AM
2nd new ball doing the trick for ctg. Both the pacers bowling well and catching is much better now.

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 04:45 AM
2nd new ball doing the trick for ctg. Both the pacers bowling well and catching is much better now.

There is some grass on the track it seems its a sporting wicket

sadi
March 6, 2010, 04:47 AM
scores?

mac
March 6, 2010, 04:54 AM
184-5

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 05:00 AM
another news break........ lol, more 50% of the game is missed for news

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 05:09 AM
The standard of the league does not look too bad to me!

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 05:37 AM
The standard of the league does not look too bad to me!
its getting better.

well oneday i was watching a program of Hrsha bhogle. there he was saying india has lots of players having average of 60,50,40 in domestic cricket. but what history says that when these players go to international games, the 60 average batsman become 50 in test, the 50 average become 40, and the 40 average become 30. so there is a drop of 10 in average from domestic to test because of the level of quality in two arena

so you cant expect somebody who is averaging 35/40 in NCL to average 35/40 in test arena. the drop is 10 in test to indian domestic cricket. it should 15 to 20 in test to NCL.
so these 35-40 will average 20-25 in tests is natural.

35-40 is max our players can acieve. we need to improve on this.

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 05:39 AM
Stumps

208-5

mona
March 6, 2010, 05:40 AM
I think the score is 6/208 now? This is a link, it's not the best for me but may work better with other people

http://allbdtv.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=58

Register and join to watch. The channel is ATN Bangla.

Edit: Oh only 5 down? As I was saying, the link is a bit grainy. And I thought it was tea! Well for tmrw then.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 05:42 AM
rajshahi ends the day on 208/5..... rajshahi had a good opening stand. batsmen in middle order had starts. but jahurul 59, shuvo 32, sabbir 41, nasir 28 could not capitalize on the starts.

bowling hasn't been anuthing special. it was more or less stump to stump bowling. though firlding not that good. lots of catches dropped. looking forward for tomorrow. Dhiman to bat..... and then shuvashis shahzada saqlain shuvo sabbir and nasir with the ball. also nazimuddin, mahmudul , faisal will bat

fais
March 6, 2010, 06:03 AM
its getting better.

well oneday i was watching a program of Hrsha bhogle. there he was saying india has lots of players having average of 60,50,40 in domestic cricket. but what history says that when these players go to international games, the 60 average batsman become 50 in test, the 50 average become 40, and the 40 average become 30. so there is a drop of 10 in average from domestic to test because of the level of quality in two arena

so you cant expect somebody who is averaging 35/40 in NCL to average 35/40 in test arena. the drop is 10 in test to indian domestic cricket. it should 15 to 20 in test to NCL.
so these 35-40 will average 20-25 in tests is natural.

35-40 is max our players can acieve. we need to improve on this.

Going by those calculations we shud def. bring Faisal Hossain in, he should be able to average around 40-50 in international tests.

auntu
March 6, 2010, 06:12 AM
another catch miss. Total 7 so far.
Looks like our whole cricketing system has a terrible problem regarding ground fielding. If no measure taken by BCB this problem would persist more.

dolcevita
March 6, 2010, 06:24 AM
Looks like our whole cricketing system has a terrible problem regarding ground fielding. If no measure taken by BCB this problem would persist more.

7 catch miss OMG what is this!!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

One World
March 6, 2010, 10:36 AM
7 catch miss OMG what is this!!!!

Catchophoebia and Fieldingogytis.

sadi
March 6, 2010, 04:15 PM
Can someone shred light on the players who played yesterday? How was Forhad, Mahmudul Hasan or Jahurul? Are they just domestic bully or they do have decent techniques to go with it?

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 04:29 PM
I have seen of little bit of Alauddin Babu, and I was impressed with his pace and accuracy (can't say for sure if he was getting any swing). However, he was not really tested by Pilot-Sanchay pair who were happy to leave or defend.

The_Yorker
March 6, 2010, 04:42 PM
Faisal alone took Chittagong into final. lets see what he can do in the final. If he gets out earlier in both innings, I think Chittagong will loose the game, otherwise it is going to be a pretty good game.

AsifTheManRahman
March 6, 2010, 04:58 PM
So when Faisal fills up on mejbaner chorbi, he goes boom boom 100. When Aftab does the same, he goes boom boom 100 less the 1. Amazing how the same diet can work different on different individuals. Cricman, are you reading this?

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 04:59 PM
A note on Elias Sunny - for the part I watched, he was bowling too fast to extract any turn (though one or two deliveries might have spun). His strength seems to be flight variation. Again, he was not tested by Pilot-Sanchay pair.

Gowza
March 6, 2010, 05:13 PM
Can someone shred light on the players who played yesterday? How was Forhad, Mahmudul Hasan or Jahurul? Are they just domestic bully or they do have decent techniques to go with it?

am interested to hear about jahurul, shuvo, shabbir, farhad, nasir, alauddin and mahmudul, so if anyone saw the match please give us your insights on these players.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
I have seen of little bit of Alauddin Babu, and I was impressed with his pace and accuracy (can't say for sure if he was getting any swing). However, he was not really tested by Pilot-Sanchay pair who were happy to leave or defend.

i have seen him more. early in the morning he was getting some away swing. he is a sreesanth look-a-like. runup is similar (though sreesanth runs a bit faster), quick arm release and also follow throughs like sreesanth.

length wise he was impressive but he was occasinaly bowling wide.

mac
March 6, 2010, 10:28 PM
babu also bowled some very impressive inswinger with the old ball and the 2nd new ball. Sabbir's stump was disturbed with one genuine inswinger.

cricman
March 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
Mona link is super fuzzy, like watching from an TV Antenna from 15 years ago

Nobody kind enough to take their laptop webcams and put it infront of there TV?

mac
March 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
only jahurul looked promising and almost ready for intl cricket. he has decent technique. Farhad still has to work with his technique a bit.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:31 PM
rajshahi 2nd innings...... 208/5 , 2nd day starts......

cricman
March 6, 2010, 10:45 PM
Commies got so Excited for that 6

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 10:51 PM
only jahurul looked promising and almost ready for intl cricket. he has decent technique. Farhad still has to work with his technique a bit.

I also saw Jahurul for few occasions he got patience very cool heade person,he can wait long for a bad ball and his defence seems ok shot selection ok and foot work during playing shot is ok as well.As we have deficiency of #3 batsman for tests i think we can think of him.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:56 PM
shabbir can make a big step up soon. i think he is a definite selection for the A team against SA and WI. also he can be given a go in t20 WC if he gets a good PCL

rashed411
March 6, 2010, 11:10 PM
Mona link is super fuzzy, like watching from an TV Antenna from 15 years ago

Nobody kind enough to take their laptop webcams and put it infront of there TV?

lol its not even working anymore..

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:47 PM
256/6 (107.0)

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:51 PM
Pilot is one cool customer

he doesn't care he'll face 300 balls and score 40

Dhiman Batting also

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
is atn bangla showing this match?

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
Ansiur Scored a 50, 52(92)

Pilot 23* (102)

is atn bangla showing this match?

yeah

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 11:56 PM
oh great, my ATN bangla tv is working, great stuff.

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 11:57 PM
wish we had pilot in test team as a wkt keeper

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:58 PM
Dhiman Dropped of Sunny's Bowling, from a close fielder

jisaan
March 7, 2010, 12:00 AM
shabbir can make a big step up soon. i think he is a definite selection for the A team against SA and WI. also he can be given a go in t20 WC if he gets a good PCL

After his heroics in SAG Cricket (That one over agaisnt Pakistan when he came and blasted 22 runs changed the face of a struggling batting line-up and, in the final, his bowling at the death virtually snatched win from the jaws of defeat), i am a bit shocked /:)that he is not in the list of 30 probables.
Then he comes off with his 1st FC hundred immediately thereafter.

BTW, which team is he playing for in PCL?

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
mahmudul hasan looks a better bowler than the part time naeem or riadh.

Dhiman, well need him to get back in some decent batting form. we need him for his keeping.

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 12:21 AM
rajshahi 269/6

masud pilot--27* (134b)
dhiman ------8*

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 12:24 AM
run

juhurul--59 (114)
shuvo---32 (98)
partnership 84 runs

sabbir---41 (144)
farhad--11 (35)
nasir hossain--28 (64)
anisur rahman--52 (92)
khaled masud--29* (131)
dhiman ghosh--11* (47)

total run-- 275/6, now lunch...

mahmudul hasan looks better bowler than elias sunny

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 12:25 AM
moni is umpire and he didnt give one out today

amar11432
March 7, 2010, 12:27 AM
Any ATN Bangla online links?

sadi
March 7, 2010, 12:30 AM
It sux. I have all the bangla channels except ATN Bangla. :(

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:32 AM
lunch 2nd day.......

rajshahi 1st innings 275-6

pilot and dhiman the not out batsmen will look to carry the innings after lunch

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 12:40 AM
juhurul--59 (114)
shuvo---32 (98)
sabbir---41 (144)
farhad--11 (35)
nasir hossain--28 (64)
anisur rahman--52 (92)
khaled masud--29* (131)
dhiman ghosh--11* (47)

total run-- 275/6, now lunch...

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 12:42 AM
atn bangla is showing top spin a cricket show, seems nice show

Naimul_Hd
March 7, 2010, 01:34 AM
kire bhais......allbdtv.com is showing error msg saying this site is under construction ! :O

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 01:49 AM
rajshahi looking to accelerate in this session, specially Pilot has opened up a bit

jisaan
March 7, 2010, 02:25 AM
curent score?

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 02:50 AM
328-6

Pilot scored fifty with 205 balls.

magic boy
March 7, 2010, 02:53 AM
Pilot scored fifty with 205 balls.

oree khaise !! cool :p

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 03:39 AM
dhiman gets a fifty, in tests he may get a call and mushfiq play only as batsman

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 03:46 AM
Raj 347-7

Pilot 55 (222)

Dhiman 52*(135)

Shahzada is the other not out batsman.

beshideshi
March 7, 2010, 03:47 AM
Wow, looking at the scoreboards, it looks like a really decent FC match. Playing out 1.5-2 days. Not bad. I hope we use Dhiman as a specialist keeper in tests.

tiger_army
March 7, 2010, 03:54 AM
moni is umpire and he didnt give one out today

BCB is crap
Our bowlers are crap
our battys are crap
our umpires are crap too....

Cricket shud be banned from Bangladesh

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:00 AM
Raquibul 85*, Robiul Islam is the new man. Tredwell 25-8-76-5, 176 for 9 (63.2 overs)

tredwell is geting a confidence booster in the match

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:08 AM
355-7
alauddin babu bowling!
I love khuda box commies!! :)

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 04:09 AM
Aha wish pilot was lil younger, perfect test batting

dhiman looked good today

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:12 AM
ball chole gelo shimanar baire...
59* Dhiman Gosh!!
359/7

fais
March 7, 2010, 04:14 AM
at least slow rate we are going to have a boring tie.

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
Rajshahi- 367-7...too slow!! :(

AsifTheManRahman
March 7, 2010, 04:31 AM
Almost batted two days to score 370? If only they could replicate this in Test matches.

One World
March 7, 2010, 04:32 AM
Valo achen Bhaia-ra :-p

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:36 AM
Valo achen Bhaia-ra :-p

bhaloi asi ek dunya bhai. koekdin BC ashi nai... odi bash er por ektu break niyechilam cricket theke...ajke ar thakte na pere abar chole ashchi BC te. apni? :)

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 04:40 AM
Can't blame batsmen for slow scoring, bowlers are being too defensive, ie bowling most deliveries 2-3 feet outside the offstump!

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:42 AM
eighth wicket down

One World
March 7, 2010, 04:42 AM
bhaloi asi ek dunya bhai. koekdin BC ashi nai... odi bash er por ektu break niyechilam cricket theke...ajke ar thakte na pere abar chole ashchi BC te. apni? :)

Valo, shudhu tax return nia ektu jhamelai achi. :-p

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:43 AM
saqlain sajib in, well he wont be bowling now.... will bat. well eager to watch him bowl

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 04:43 AM
Shahzada dragged the ball in from outside the stump, but commies are saying it was an inswinger!

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:47 AM
now may be dhiman will go for some shots

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 04:47 AM
Mamun is kidding only himself! His deliveries don't come anywhere near the stumps, yet he is appealing for LBW!

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:49 AM
commentator Saidur Rahman wants big hits or quick runs..... lol

M.H.Rubel
March 7, 2010, 04:53 AM
Rajshahi- 367-7...too slow!! :(

Probably Rajshahi is thinking for a draw or win.If they can make a draw then they will be champion as their points are high.

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:57 AM
Valo, shudhu tax return nia ektu jhamelai achi. :-p

eibar koto return paben?!!...ami ekbar 3500 cad paisilam....ki sukher din chilo oi gula ...lol :D

riankhan
March 7, 2010, 04:59 AM
Probably Rajshahi is thinking for a draw or win.If they can make a draw then they will be champion as their points are high.

Previous points will be ignored in this match, if the match is drawn, who ever takes the first innings lead will win the title.

Posted via BC PC Edition

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 05:03 AM
atn bangla songbad :(
tarek rahman er karamukti dibosh - 7th march! not so funny!

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 05:04 AM
Previous points will be ignored in this match, if the match is drawn, who ever takes the first innings lead will win the title.

commentator says others!

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 05:06 AM
372 allout

Nocturnal
Rajshahi all out 372
Dhiman remains not out 67

riankhan
commentator says others!

According to prothom alo

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 05:49 AM
Subhashis bowling well.

Gazi Salahuddin does not have much of a footwork.

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 05:53 AM
Saqlain found some turns in last two deliveries.

CTG 21-0 at stumps.

mac
March 7, 2010, 06:04 AM
how good is saqlain?

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 07:13 AM
how good is saqlain?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Unlike most other Bangladeshi spinners, he gives his deliveries plenty of flight. He gets good bounce because of his height. Earlier, couple of his deliveries were hit to the boundary as he was not finding any turn. But he kept looping the ball up and found good turns in last two deliveries of the day, which I thought was remarkable as no other spinner from either side found any significant turn on this pitch so far.

I have not noticed any arm ball from him. Also, unlike Shakib or Enamul, he does not use the width of the crease to vary angle of his deliveries . May be those are the two areas he needs to work on.

nsd3
March 7, 2010, 07:19 AM
Where is Enamul Jr playing this year?

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 07:29 AM
Where is Enamul Jr playing this year?
Sylhet. The team was eliminated in the first phase of NCL.

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2010, 08:12 AM
Very good total for Rajshahi. Chittagong has to climb a mountain to stay in the game. 5 day match guys!! Rajshahi did what they had to do. Is KM the only one who played 5 day matches? Did Faisal play test? Experience counts.

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2010, 08:49 AM
So the umpire again costed Shuvo's wicket? Shamsur Rahman Shuvo that is. From the Twitter, I read the ball hit his pad flap and bell took the catch. But the half hearted appeal saw the finger went up?

This is what we deal with in domestic cricket.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 09:10 AM
So the umpire again costed Shuvo's wicket? Shamsur Rahman Shuvo that is. From the Twitter, I read the ball hit his pad flap and bell took the catch. But the half hearted appeal saw the finger went up?

well that was not a domestic game it was the Practice game between BD A and england.

Spitfire_x86
March 7, 2010, 01:22 PM
Did Faisal play test?
Yes, he did (2004 WI Tour)

Tigers_eye
March 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
well that was not a domestic game it was the Practice game between BD A and england.
I understand that. These are the same umpires who stand in the domestic matches, no?

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 10:11 PM
I understand that. These are the same umpires who stand in the domestic matches, no?

oh got it, and also these umpires are now standing in international matches

Eshen
March 7, 2010, 10:17 PM

It was Anisur Rahman. He is next in line to be an international umpire. I guess he was too eager to impress the England team and journalist contingent that's accompanying the team.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 10:34 PM
after rajshahi playing for almost two days no ctg has to bat long and score quickly, make a big score and then finish rajshahi quickly in second innings. tough for ctg. nazimuddin needs to play a quickish 200+ to give them a chance.

well, shahjada, shuvashish, shuvo, saqlain, shabbir and nasir would prove handy

Ajfar
March 7, 2010, 10:54 PM
where is everybody?? khela dekhar icha nai

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 11:01 PM
where is everybody?? khela dekhar icha nai

to be honest i would much rather pay attention to the practice match then this final..occasionally i'll check in here tho..

Ajfar
March 7, 2010, 11:29 PM
53/2 salauddin 19 mamun o. shuvo got 1 wicket i dont about the other wicket

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 12:19 AM
87/3, two wkts for shuvo, one for subhasish. nazimuddin and faisal, two of ctgs best batsmen in

sadi
March 8, 2010, 12:28 AM
It's a dumb final where Rajshahi needs to draw but Chittagong needs to win. If there is an advantage coming into the Final, what is the point of a final?

tail-ender
March 8, 2010, 12:34 AM
Nazimuddin connects the ball beautifully against best bowling lineup..dickens has no feet movement,batting style is like the sri lankans.

The_Yorker
March 8, 2010, 12:35 AM
87/3, two wkts for shuvo, one for subhasish, nazimuddin and faisal, two of ctgs best batsmen in

As I have said before, if Faisal gets out early in both innings, Rajshahi wins otherwise the game goes on. I really don't count Nazimuddin much. He is once in a blue moon type now.. yse I know he has scored 200 runs recently, but thats about it. It's the Faisal who holds the key.

jisaan
March 8, 2010, 12:59 AM
It's a dumb final where Rajshahi needs to draw but Chittagong needs to win. If there is an advantage coming into the Final, what is the point of a final?

that needs a re-thinking

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:07 AM
Lunch Day 3.
Ctg - 103/3
Nazim not out 34
Faisal not out 20

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:13 AM
Play resumes after lunch. Shahzada bowling....
in first innings ctg still trailing 269 runs with 7 wkts in hand.
their two best batsman are playing now IMO

Brief scorecard:
salauddin - 19
mahbubul- 25
mamun - 0
nazim - 34*
faisal - 20*

shuvo got 2 wkts
suvashish got 1 wkt

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:14 AM
7-2 fielding for shahzada....faisal on strike

faisal dickens 24*
ctg 107/3

and another 4 - great cover drive
faisal dickens 28*
ctg 111/3

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:20 AM
shuvo bowling to nazim.
very good over by ss. no runs off it.
nazim defended all of them with front foot.
ctg - 111/3

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:24 AM
maiden by shahzada now off faisal
ctg still 111/3

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:27 AM
shuvo gets another maiden off nazim
shuvo - nazim
shahzada - faisal
111/3

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:32 AM
faisal GONE!! it was a trap. 8-1 fielding does the trick.
Shahzada gets him! way outside offstump and useless shot. Shuvo caught it deep cover.
trouble for Ctg- 111/4.

Mahmudul comes to middle.
2 slips and a gully

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:37 AM
NOW, Shuvo gets Mahmudul Hassan- LBW!
Rajshahi doing some funny dancing while celebrating the wickets :)
still ctg 111/5!!
Mominul comes to bat
follow on maybe....?

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 01:39 AM
faisal GONE!! it was a trap. 8-1 fielding does the trick.
Shahzada gets him! way outside offstump and useless shot. Shuvo caught it deep cover.
trouble for Ctg- 111/4.

Mahmudul comes to middle.
2 slips and a gully

shahzada was constantly bowling those almost wide for ODI's and short of good length balls. it was a matter of patience. shazada was pateint wait and see what faisal does. faisla was not patient enough to let this go. Pilot knows faisal wont use his feet if he tries to drive or slash one out of frustration and there is ever chance of a wicket.

jisaan
March 8, 2010, 01:43 AM
how good is shahzada? can anybody explain?

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 01:44 AM
so shuvo is warming up for a test chance may be. it will be interesting to see how nazimuddin reacts.... he has played well so far. will he lose his patience and start hitting...

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 01:49 AM
how good is shahzada? can anybody explain?

a slow steady approach and delivery. like collingwood or styris i will say. can hit a length or line constantly. he was bowling almost wide balls to faisal for 3-4 overs with 7-2, 8-1 field and faisal was just letting go letting go and then out of frustration he hit one and was caught.

well it was possible to faisal as faisal doesn't move his feet, a batsman with good footwork could have used his reach and drive those ball through cover.

not sure what shahzada will do then. also have not seen him bowling to a right hander

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:52 AM
4 by nazim (38*) off shuvo
118/5

Nocturnal
March 8, 2010, 01:54 AM
edge not carry to 1st slip, forhad hussain the fielder, batsman momin, bowler shahzada

auntu
March 8, 2010, 01:59 AM
so shuvo is warming up for a test chance may be. it will be interesting to see how nazimuddin reacts.... he has played well so far. will he lose his patience and start hitting...
I don't see any Test prospect in Shuvo. He can be a decent ODI and T20 player at best.

cricman
March 8, 2010, 02:01 AM
8-1 Field?

Maye Shakib can a lean a few things from Pilot