PDA

View Full Version : the more west indies loses, the better it is for bangladesh (in terms of being no. 8)

wasi90lkv1
March 4, 2010, 07:44 PM
before today's match between (west indies and zimbabwe), west indies had 74 points. now they have 71 points after the loss to zimbabwe.

which means, bangladesh is only 18 points away from surpassing west indies. if bangladesh beats england, the difference will become smaller.

edit: bangladesh also needs to win, we can not depend on this.

wiseshah
March 4, 2010, 07:54 PM
good news. hope zimbabwe thrashed them. zim team looks promising, they have quality spinners like price, cremer, utseya. i think west indies pitch is helping spinners. then its good news for us in 20/20 wc

Zeeshan
March 4, 2010, 08:00 PM
imho...we shouldnt worry about climbing up the ladder at all. we should try to be as competitive as possible. we should attempt to win each and every series thrown at us. then the numbers and rating will take care by themselves. i mean shakib never said 'oh how can i be #1 all rounder let's see?' it's just a number game. sure it'd warm my cockles if we move up the ladder but that's ancilliary compared to fact if we can gradually start winning series and gain opposition's respect. just my 2 cents.

One World
March 4, 2010, 08:06 PM
imho...we shouldnt worry about climbing up the ladder at all. we should try to be as competitive as possible. we should attempt to win each and every series thrown at us. then the numbers and rating will take care by themselves. i mean shakib never said 'oh how can i be #1 all rounder let's see?' it's just a number game. sure it'd warm my cockles if we move up the ladder but that's ancilliary compared to fact if we can gradually start winning series and gain opposition's respect. just my 2 cents.

Honor your opinion but not MS Dhoni or any of his mates carry the same philosophy, rather Ponting and team Aus may have such mentality - professionalism it is and definitely Shakib is one of the best professionals not only of Sports arena but of whole BD. Politicians should learn from him.

akabir77
March 4, 2010, 08:07 PM
that is loser mentality... we need to become 8 by beating the number 8. not by depending on some one else

wasi90lkv1
March 4, 2010, 08:11 PM
that is loser mentality... we need to become 8 by beating the number 8. not by depending on some one else

i believe we already beat them last time. it was a weaker squad, but bangladesh did not ask west indies to field a weaker squad.

i am not saying bangladesh to be dependent on zimbabwe, i am saying we are getting closer.

magic boy
March 4, 2010, 09:47 PM
^^you mean getting closer by this way? that's not the right way to think. getting closer doesn't matter if we're not capable of keeping that position.

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 10:47 PM
WI are now getting craper... u will see lots of faces now in the main 11 who were playing bangladesh.

if u see their team yesterday, if u take out gayle and chanderpaul out, none of the other 9 have a average more than 20 in batting

boka
March 5, 2010, 02:38 AM
before today's match between (west indies and zimbabwe), west indies had 74 points. now they have 71 points after the loss to zimbabwe.

which means, bangladesh is only 18 points away from surpassing west indies. if bangladesh beats england, the difference will become smaller.

[বাংলা]এই বিষয়-টা এই ফোরামের কেউ ভাবতে পারে
এই-টা ভাইব্বা মন-টা খারাপ হইলো.... [/বাংলা] :sick::sick::sick:

rahat90
March 5, 2010, 05:17 AM
forget WI
concentrate on developing BD cricket
and we will auto matcially overtake them

Baundule
March 5, 2010, 05:25 AM
That is why I was supporting Zim. :D
The idea is not fair; but I would be happy to see us at no. 8, no matter if it means a decline of the pathetic WI or our own performances or a combination of both.

Rating counts, fair play is only in the book. In a perfect world, we were not going to be whitewashed to England, rather the umpires deprived us of a 2-1 series win.

godzilla
March 5, 2010, 05:51 AM
The more we loose the more we are farthering away from that dream.

pocha
March 5, 2010, 12:35 PM

what a loser mentality!!!! :mad:

if we lose like this, we will end up finishing 10th behind Zimbos, wonder if our players also had such a mentality.

dolcevita
March 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
First we need to win our game , before thinking about what zim and wi are doing!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)