PDA

View Full Version : Why do we bother with 2 pacers?!!

betaar
March 5, 2010, 02:07 AM
I don't understand why Bangladesh even bother now days to play 2 medicre pacers, especially on turning wickets. We are pretty unconventional in using spinners at the beginning, so why do we have to play 2 pacers, to be conventional?

Neither Shakib nor management has any confidence on our fast bowlers, so why take up the space which could be an additional batter spot? The economy rate of our pacers is so bad that any of the 5th spinner would be embarassed by it.

rahat90
March 5, 2010, 05:03 AM
thats exactly what i was thinking
stupid init

Equinox
March 5, 2010, 05:10 AM
No. Rasel or Nazmul would've been very helpful on these type of pitches. Rubel is s**t. I don't care if has the potential to bounce the head off batsmen or break the sound barrier but the reality is he isn't doing it. He isn't even showing signs of doing it. At least Aamer and Roach have shown what they can do. But in his case it is some disillusioned members hoping he will turn into our Waqar Younis.

BangladeshFan
March 5, 2010, 05:32 AM
our pacers bowled 11 overs gave aways 97 runs, thats where the match is lost. they dont have slower balls and the variation needed in these kind of slow turners. bresnen is also a pacer, ended up having economy of 3. sakib tends to overbowl his pacers. with our current situation 5-6 overs of pace would have been enough and there was no need for 2 pacers in the team.

BangladeshFan
March 5, 2010, 05:35 AM
No. Rasel or Nazmul would've been very helpful on these type of pitches. Rubel is s**t. I don't care if has the potential to bounce the head off batsmen or break the sound barrier but the reality is he isn't doing it. He isn't even showing signs of doing it. At least Aamer and Roach have shown what they can do. But in his case it is some disillusioned members hoping he will turn into our Waqar Younis.

I agree, Nazmul and a set of spinners would have been right choice. Rubel and Shafiul, both pacey, dont have variations............ are the give-away bowlers in these kind of pitches.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 05:40 AM
the fast and bouncy shafiul and rubel showed promise, but they are still not ready, needs to learn a lot more about bowling in different conditions and situation. until then we have to go back to our slow and low bowlers like nazmul, rasel etc

BD-Shardul
March 5, 2010, 06:03 AM
Mash+Rasel combo is light years ahead of Safiul+Rubel combo, which is only good for conceding :four:s and :six:s.

Tiger Manc
March 5, 2010, 08:51 AM
First match: 8 overs
Second match: 12.5 overs
Third match: 11 overs

Average: 10.4 overs

What's the point of using 2? It's such a waste. I'd rather see Shafiul bowl the full 10 overs. We could give the extra position to someone else.

Mashrafe had figures of 6-0-37-0
Rubel had figures of 12-0-92-0

The two of them combined bowled 18-0-129-0!!

18 overs @ 7 an over and NO WICKET!!

Completely ridiculous to have 2 pacers in the team.

betaar
March 5, 2010, 10:29 AM

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Though Nazmul sucks big times most of the games, I thought in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Chittagong</st1:place></st1:City>’s slow and low pitch, he would do ok like he did against Zim. But then again Eng is no Zim and it’s not a good thing to keep chopping and changing all the time. But where is Rasel? Does anyone know? He would’ve done much better in these conditions.

betaar
March 5, 2010, 10:33 AM
the fast and bouncy shafiul and rubel showed promise, but they are still not ready, needs to learn a lot more about bowling in different conditions and situation. until then we have to go back to our slow and low bowlers like nazmul, rasel etc

but I thought he was included because of his variations in local conditions......but I guess it depends on the opositins. which is why our domestic quality is so low....you can never judge how a player will fair unless they play in the international arena.