PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Jamie and Shakib: Shommanjonok Porajoys (Honorable defeats) aren't good enough

Miraz
March 5, 2010, 06:31 AM
I am sorry, I can't take a 3-0 whitewash by England at home. England is not the greatest of the one day side and they have a relatively poor record in the sub-continent. A 3-0 drubbing by the England team is a complete failure in my eyes. I don't buy those individual improvement theories. These are bs if you can't win matches after matches. It's win that counts at the end of the day.

It's great if players continue to improve and get individual milestones while they are winning. I will take if they are not setting individual milestones, but still winning. However, it is completely unacceptable as an international team to play only for individual milestones, losing consistently and be satisfied with these so called progresses.

What progress? being able to achieve honorable defaets? Who cares? There is nothing to brag about the defeats, but apparently our team managements are getting satisfaction with some individual performances. Sorry Jamie Siddons, your development curve is too shallow to my liking and I expected better from a developing team.

We lost 10 consecutive ODIs in this year. Where is the improvement? Scoring 239 when the opposition is easily scoring 284s and 300s? I think the message is not clear to the boys. They are settling for honorable defeats and not going for wins to achieve individual milestones. This mentality will never help us to cross the line. Jamie Siddons is saying in 2 years time we will be winning against big boys, with this rate of improvement I don't see it in even next 5 years. Sorry Jamie! I started believing in your words, but time is running out quickly and patience is also running thin at the moment.

A 2-0 whitewash in the Test series is looming large followed by another 5-0 whitewash when we will be touring England later this year. We were good enough to win matches here and there and we should be good enough to win matches at home in suitable conditions. If we are not getting suitable wickets at home, that's again is the failure of the team management.

Shakib and Jamie, stop talking and start delivering results. Smart talking has little place in cricket when results are going only downhill.

BD-Shardul
March 5, 2010, 06:38 AM
This is what Chris Gayle said after their defeat to Zimbabwe:

"When you do crap, it's definitely crap and there is no excuse."

At the end of the day it is a binary calculation; no one will give us a s**t if our individual performances do not produce 1.

Shehwar
March 5, 2010, 06:42 AM
Well we would have won the 2nd match if not for the umpires.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

BD-Shardul
March 5, 2010, 06:43 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh..please. If you want to win, you will have to win defeating all odds. Zimbo got some bad decisions yesterday, but they squeezed a win.

Naimul_Hd
March 5, 2010, 06:55 AM
@ Miraz bro....can you please send it to Mr. Siddons ? I am sure he is out of focus now. This team is going nowhere except some individual performances which is not helping the team at the moment. I am not against any personal achievements but that should be beneficial for the team. Look at Morgan innings in the 2nd match. He scored his maiden century for his own career but look, that also helped the team to win. But i cant see anything like that for Bangladesh team. Every batsmen are getting runs but whenever they get settled and team needs him to stay longer, right at that moment he looses his cool and gets out, its just because he has achieved his own goal !

JS may not have hair on his head, but i guess, he is not also brainless like our batsmen. He better starts his brain engine sooner than the later !

Miraz
March 5, 2010, 07:01 AM
asddsa bro, I am in regular touch with Siddons and he is fully aware about my views. He clearly differs on my vision and expectations. For the moment, he wants to stick to his individual achievement approach.

Striker
March 5, 2010, 07:05 AM
Miraz bro, could you also get in touch with Shamim Chowdhury kindly and ask him to stay away from Bangladesh matches as he is the biggest kufa on all our lives and the nation!

Raynman
March 5, 2010, 07:10 AM
Eventually we'll get our one off win and everybody will be all excited and hail Siddons' brilliance.

EVEN IF WE get a Test win against ENG this month, this top half of 2010 has been an UTTER FAILURE.

Tintin
March 5, 2010, 07:19 AM
asddsa bro, I am in regular touch with Siddons and he is fully aware about my views. He clearly differs on my vision and expectations. For the moment, he wants to stick to his individual achievement approach.

Any idea what he does about the side's fielding ? For batting and bowling, you cannot change a donkey into a horse overnight, and can be improved only so much. But these are young men in early 20s representing their country, if they can't catch and field and seem to be getting worse every match, it is the coach who must be made run around the ground 20 times a day.

Miraz
March 5, 2010, 07:28 AM
Jamie wanted to keep Salahuddin as the fielding coach and was very satisfied with his effort as fielding coach and mentor of the boys. BCB thought otherwise and sacked him. Our fielding has gone significantly downhill since the departure of Salahuddin from the coaching staff.

Moron BCB.

cricket_king
March 5, 2010, 07:41 AM
Agreed with this thread. I'm going to be off cricket for a while - these idiots are affecting my uni studies.

Zeeshan
March 5, 2010, 07:42 AM
Excellent post Miraz bhai. I do agree with you on all the points, but in Siddons' defense what do you expect him to do? You cannot expect the team to transform overnight; afterall, he is not a miracle worker. I am sure this is exactly what would Siddons be thinking if he reads your post.

I haven't seen the presentation ceremony, so I am not sure if Shakib said that he is happy with the losses and that the team is making progresses. But, if he said anything of that nature, I agree with you that this is far from truth at least from today's match.

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2010, 09:17 AM
Yes this worthless English One day out fit did win against SA recently. :)

Role playing wasn't there. Selection was questionable.

We could have done way better, I agree. Even with all this we had two good chances of winning.
+++
Do we have any alternatives at this point? State them if any. You want Ashraful to be the captain again since he was the one when we last won against G8 full strenght? You want Habibul Bashar? Dav Watmore to be the captain again?

Miraz
March 5, 2010, 09:29 AM
+++
Do we have any alternatives at this point? State them if any. You want Ashraful to be the captain again since he was the one when we last won against G8 full strenght? You want Habibul Bashar? Dav Watmore to be the captain again?

I don't want Bashar or Ashraful or Rafique. I believe current bunch of players have the ability to do much better than what they are doing. A change in attitude and strategy is required. An inspirational and tactical coach could have done lot better with the current lot of players. Dav Whatmore has shown what underperforming players can achieve if you can inspire them and gel them into a team.

Current team doesn't look like a winning outfit to me. They aren't gelling properly. Their individual performances are very isolated incidents. Individual performances are not backed by team efforts. This is where I am not comfortable. They are pleased with very little gains.

International sports is mostly played in minds. Most international players are of similar quality except few geniuses like Tendulkar. Mentality and self-belief makes the difference between the winners and losers.

If a team is happy about losing matches and content with individual performances, you can't expect them to be hungry for win.

magic boy
March 5, 2010, 09:44 AM
Would like to hear some temporary solutions for next 2 Test Matches. :p

One World
March 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
Agree current players are more technically advanced (are they really - can't field, catch, keep, bowl, run!!!) and our old players are no match to their individual advancement - but those faltu low scale players when combined and guided properly could do miracles. What would you do if you lost each 3 matches in the series closely, or lost 2 like minnow and won 1 neck and neck.

The records will still say 2-1 and nobody will be thinking that during the whole series no BD player got a 4 wicket haul, no batter got a half century. PM will send congratulation to the team and coach.

Honorary win although hard fought.

One World
March 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
Would like to hear some temporary solutions for next 2 Test Matches. :p

While batting second we may hit centuries but perish when actually possess the potential to draw. This "draw" mentality is lost, cos now they are guided by the coach for individual performance.

Raynman
March 5, 2010, 09:58 AM
I don't want Bashar or Ashraful or Rafique. I believe current bunch of players have the ability to do much better than what they are doing. A change in attitude and strategy is required. An inspirational and tactical coach could have done lot better with the current lot of players. Dav Whatmore has shown what underperforming players can achieve if you can inspire them and gel them into a team.
Current team doesn't look like a winning outfit to me. They aren't gelling properly. Their individual performances are very isolated incidents. Individual performances are not backed by team efforts. This is where I am not comfortable. They are pleased with very little gains.

International sports is mostly played in minds. Most international players are of similar quality except few geniuses like Tendulkar. Mentality and self-belief makes the difference between the winners and losers.

If a team is happy about losing matches and content with individual performances, you can't expect them to be hungry for win.

Thats what me and few others have been screaming our lungs out on all the while being ostrasized by the majority on this board.

You can not develop winners by creating a culture where losses are acceptable. On pen and paper, this team is way better than Whatmore's team. Yet the self belief and the desire to win doesn't seem as strong.

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2010, 10:04 AM
Jamie wanted to keep Salahuddin as the fielding coach and was very satisfied with his effort as fielding coach and mentor of the boys. BCB thought otherwise and sacked him. Our fielding has gone significantly downhill since the departure of Salahuddin from the coaching staff.

Moron BCB.
Players gelling or not gelling, being satisfied with individual achievements, Coach not looking at wins and losses are secondary. What you mentioned is primary problem and a this is a serious issue that is beyond Siddons control. If the board wouldn't give the coach all the amenities that he needs to succeed then how can you blame him entirely? If catches were held don't you think we would have won few games already this year?

If the answer is 'yes', then your opening post needs a revamp. ABC always comes before XYZ. What we are talking about is XYZ which needs to be addressed one point of time though. But putting blame solely on XYZ is not right.

Miraz
March 5, 2010, 10:11 AM
T_E bhai, your post defies logic. A fielding coach is an essential part of the team, but presence or absence of a particular fielding coach can't be difference between wins and consecutive losses. Until recently we had a very capable fielding coach in Kalpage and before Kalpage we had Salahuddin, still we failed to win matches under Siddons.

It's good to defend Siddons, but you should put forward stronger arguments to back him. Siddons has got everything at the moment. Trainer, Physio, Bowling Coach, Fielding coach, computer analyst, assistant coach in Sujan and he is a batting coach himself. Addition of couple more support staff won't make much differnce. The problem is in strategy.

BCB wasn't any better during Whatmore and we had less support staff (no bowling coach or assistant coach), still Whatmore succeeded due to better strategy with less capable players.

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2010, 10:14 AM
Personally, I wasn't expecting a win in the ODI series. The truth is the game has changed a lot in a very little time and we haven't kept up. I get the feeling we might have been focusing too much on individual batting performances during this time (and there's nothing wrong with that because if the basics aren't right then there's no point playing), which means that the world has moved up two steps while we have moved up one.

So although there has been some progress in the batting and we're scoring 240/250 more often, we have lost track of the fact that we actually need 300 to win games on batting tracks these days. Even then, we might get chased down. The rate at which the game has excelled is simply > the rate at which we have. So essentially, although we have made some improvements, the fact that we haven't done so fast enough means that we have effectively taken a couple of steps back.

We were supposed to build on the successes of the 2007 world cup, but instead we ended up here, with 14 losses in the first quarter of 2010 already. Personally, I don't think this team has what it takes to win ODI matches. The batting isn't strong enough, the bowling is toothless, the fielding crap. With 12 months left for the world cup, we'll have to work much harder if we're going to make it to the second round.

I like Siddons and I think he's the right man for the job, but it is what it is and three losses against England isn't ideal. In fact, one can only blame the coach so much when the players aren't delivering.

LateCut
March 5, 2010, 10:22 AM
It is the sum of the parts makes the whole. This is what SD is banking on. He is hoping that the indvidual performances will some day add up to a brilliant display of team effort. I am not that discouraged by the 3rd ODI performance as most of you. We had many batting starts. We had four middle order batsmen scored in the excess of 30 but none in the excess of 50. This where we suffer. We need to convert these starts into something more tangible. Our batting is definitely improving. It is fielding side that looked bad this series. I am bewildered by Sakib's many decisions in this aspect of the game. I could not find any logic behind the bowling changes he employed. Granted that he does not have much variety. But bowiling two SLA simultaneously is hardly ever effective. Naeem and Mahmudullah should have been paired with SLAs. As for Mahmudullah, I am surprised that Sakib is willing to use Rubel but not him when both went for runs. What is going on? There was glaring lack of use Mahmudullah on the 2nd ODI where he could have made difference. In this series, Sakib's choice of defensive fielding was also letting the batsmen bat without any pressure (six pushes and six runs). The decision to field first aftr winning the toss was rather dubious. I suppose this is the peril of having a very inexperinced captain. As for umpires allegedly giving wrong decisions, these all evens out. That is part of the game. Just hold on to the catches and you will win a number of close games despite what the umps do.

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2010, 10:23 AM
T_E bhai, your post defies logic. A fielding coach is an essential part of the team, but presence or absence of a particular fielding coach can't be difference between wins and consecutive losses. Until recently we had a very capable fielding coach in Kalpage and before Kalpage we had Salahuddin, still we failed to win matches under Siddons.

It's good to defend Siddons, but you should put forward stronger arguments to back him. Siddons has got everything at the moment. Trainer, Physio, Bowling Coach, Fielding coach, computer analyst, assistant coach in Sujan and he is a batting coach himself. Addition of couple more support staff won't make much differnce. The problem is in strategy.

BCB wasn't any better during Whatmore and we had less support staff (no bowling coach or assistant coach), still Whatmore succeeded due to better strategy with less capable players.
Who is that? He don't deserve to be there for sure. I thought we didn't have any in this series.

lamisa
March 5, 2010, 10:27 AM
look,the coach cant really do much unless our players get it through their thick skulls dat they are representing our country on international level.they walk into the ground every time with no sense of responsibility or any guilt conscience bcoz they kno dat however badly they suck,they wouldnt get the sack as there is no "replacement" for them ,so yeah.....

Tigers_eye
March 5, 2010, 10:34 AM
...I am bewildered by Sakib's many decisions in this aspect of the game. I could not find any logic behind the bowling changes he employed. -I on the otherhand found the changes almost perfectly sequenced. Granted that he does not have much variety. But bowiling two SLA simultaneously is hardly ever effective. -Yet Pieterson fell to SLA previously that was the study done, and fell to an SLA yesterday. Immidiately after Pieterson's departure Shakib brought in off spinner. Naeem and Mahmudullah should have been paired with SLAs. As for Mahmudullah, I am surprised that Sakib is willing to use Rubel but not him when both went for runs. What is going on? There was glaring lack of use Mahmudullah on the 2nd ODI where he could have made difference. -Each of three SLAs are different. Different in run up to the pitch, grip, bowling, bowling angle, turn, speed. Read RazabQ's comment on Riyad's bowling. he got carted for six as well. In the dying moments of the game he would have conceded more for sure. In this series, Sakib's choice of defensive fielding was also letting the batsmen bat without any pressure (six pushes and six runs). -Well when players are dropping catches like flies what must a captain do? England went on a hitting rampage with lives. ...As for umpires allegedly giving wrong decisions, these all evens out. -In this ODI series, it is 1:3 in favor of England if not more. That is not evening out. ..
The red ones are my comment.

hbk619
March 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
I am sorry, I can't take a 3-0 whitewash by England at home. England is not the greatest of the one day side and they have a relatively poor record in the sub-continent. A 3-0 drubbing by the England team is a complete failure in my eyes. I don't buy those individual improvement theories. These are bs if you can't win matches after matches. It's win that counts at the end of the day.

It's great if players continue to improve and get individual milestones while they are winning. I will take if they are not setting individual milestones, but still winning. However, it is completely unacceptable as an international team to play only for individual milestones, losing consistently and be satisfied with these so called progresses.

What progress? being able to achieve honorable defaets? Who cares? There is nothing to brag about the defeats, but apparently our team managements are getting satisfaction with some individual performances. Sorry Jamie Siddons, your development curve is too shallow to my liking and I expected better from a developing team.

We lost 10 consecutive ODIs in this year. Where is the improvement? Scoring 239 when the opposition is easily scoring 284s and 300s? I think the message is not clear to the boys. They are settling for honorable defeats and not going for wins to achieve individual milestones. This mentality will never help us to cross the line. Jamie Siddons is saying in 2 years time we will be winning against big boys, with this rate of improvement I don't see it in even next 5 years. Sorry Jamie! I started believing in your words, but time is running out quickly and patience is also running thin at the moment.

A 2-0 whitewash in the Test series is looming large followed by another 5-0 whitewash when we will be touring England later this year. We were good enough to win matches here and there and we should be good enough to win matches at home in suitable conditions. If we are not getting suitable wickets at home, that's again is the failure of the team management.

Shakib and Jamie, stop talking and start delivering results. Smart talking has little place in cricket when results are going only downhill.

Thanks Miraz bhai for pointing out some right facts..

Shakib and Jamie are always try to be overconfident. For instance, Shakib said few days ago that," we will make slow pitch, we will use our spinners to trap them...I expect 1-2 win against England" Why do you have to say that? As a captain, Shakib is doing what Ash did last year. Ash couldn't use the right bowler on right time. Now it's shakib's time. The thing is that Siddons as a coach atleast can suggest some ideas to Shakib, if shakib is doing the wrong thing like Ash. But shakib keeps making mistakes as a captain.

Siddons developed the batting skills of our players, but as a head coach, he sucks big time.

nowdays top class teams can score 320-350 runs on consistent basis. Can our team chase 320-350 runs? Also most top class teams are well developed in playing spin. Should we make our spin department as a main weapon for bowling?

someone posted this few days ago.
Get a life buddy, or identify Siddons' true failures.

the reply should be 3-0= whitewash. This England series proves where is the problem...

hbk619
March 5, 2010, 11:21 AM
Thats what me and few others have been screaming our lungs out on all the while being ostrasized by the majority on this board.

You can not develop winners by creating a culture where losses are acceptable. On pen and paper, this team is way better than Whatmore's team. Yet the self belief and the desire to win doesn't seem as strong.

lol..I need a 7up soda. You need it too.

The team management did a slight good thing in this series. Which is 20% out of 100%. They changed the batting order a little bit.

There was a time that one player played a match wining innings, and then the team spirit made the team to win the match. Now couple of players are playing big innings, but there is no team spirit.

cricket_dorshok
March 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
We are not in the same league as of G7, a simple fact. We are trying to catch but others are running faster than us as ATMR said. Some people seriously have lack of judgment. They think we already became Australia in terms of skill only mentality let us down. Well, they have similar judgment on our own players, e. g, Ashraful, KM Pilot....

fais
March 5, 2010, 12:10 PM
We are not in the same league as of G7, a simple fact. We are trying to catch but others are running faster than us as ATMR said. Some people seriously have lack of judgment. They think we already became Australia in terms of skill only mentality let us down. Well, they have similar judgment on our own players, e. g, Ashraful, KM Pilot....

we need to be at the level of Australia; for how long are we going to be an improving side (and pls don't give me the details about how India took 20 yrs and etc, that day and age is gone);

the simple matter of fact is clear: we dropped catches, we had stupid run outs, we could not control the death overs and we had sh*t umpires but the 1st three are more important than the last.

checkmate
March 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
I think we are going at a good pace...we won before, during the last world cup.coz other teams didnt plan against us...they were not prepared..or taken us seriously..hickups happen once in a while..did we ever win a match consequtively with any of the G8's during the watmore era....We beat Australia..but after that ...we they didnt let us get any near..so is south aftica..but in the past one year..we came more than once close to winning..matches..consecutively...in this series ..we could have won the first match..that was our best chance..if even one player had given support to tamim..the second one also was very close..a few bad calls and drop catches had given it away...in todays match..sakibs wicket was the turning point.till then we were in the chase...cricket is definitely a team game...but a team is as good as the individual player..and each player has a role.and they all should do their part at their best..then we can form a good team..we had a few flashes before this..now we have consistent players..a few years back our players..were not upto the mark of international cricket..if u read cric info article on kieswetter today...u will see..how he adjusted to the situation..but to get there...u should have perfected ur game..then finally the mental part comes..coz at the highest level...any weakness. will be taken care of..by ur opponent...

So i think we just need to be patient with these boys...we showed a lot patience till now..and a bit more...This world cup..will show what we truely are...I really believe ...so...and inshallah next time we face..England...here again in chittagong...they will take the bite...and that would be The World Cup...

Eshen
March 5, 2010, 12:48 PM
I have given up hope on Siddons long time ago, he simply does not have the thinking process of a head coach, still stuck with his mentality as a batting coach.

Few posters here pointed out that it is not that we have not improved at all, but that our improvement is too slow to catch up with rapid improvement G7 teams have shown in recent years (we may still get the #8 spot in the ODI/Test ranking because of deterioration of WI team, just like how we got #9 spot because of deterioration of Zim). IMO, our reason for falling behind in ODI is related with our negligence of T20I format. Because of T20I, other teams have now mastered the art of being aggressive without losing their heads. BCB have to expose our players to more T20I matches if they want to overcome this shortcoming soon. I am glad that PCL is prospering, that we are arranging at least two T20 leagues in a domestic season (to begin and to end with), but BCB got to arrange more T20I matches against other international teams too, be it Zimbabwe or Afghanistan.

AsifTheManRahman
March 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
Watching our team treat T20s like picnic cricket day in day out is very painful. Only nut jobs would do such a thing.

Shehwar
March 5, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hope we have kapali, ash, aftab and SN on the t20 squad. It's their forte.

aniksh1
March 5, 2010, 03:47 PM
Eng batsmen play so their team win...not like imrul kayes in 2nd innings...

we have to put in the effort... its that simple

aniksh1
March 5, 2010, 04:05 PM

Despite that I will stick with this team.

Face it guys this is the final boulder. All the teams are taking us seriously and we are losing out close. Just a year worth of EFFORT and we shall topple all...BUT WE CANNOT GIVE UP NOW or ever really...inshallah we shall reach

We better draw one of the test matches... not another tour whitewash....

Raynman
March 5, 2010, 04:53 PM
Despite that I will stick with this team.

Face it guys this is the final boulder. All the teams are taking us seriously and we are losing out close. Just a year worth of EFFORT and we shall topple all...BUT WE CANNOT GIVE UP NOW or ever really...inshallah we shall reach

We better draw one of the test matches... not another tour whitewash....

No one is giving up. The truth is we shouldn't be where we are now. We should be kicking butt and taking names. So something has to change and someone needs to pay the price. It could be one/many players or the coach or the selectors but somebody.

"Just a year worth of EFFORT and we shall topple all" ... wasn't this the battlecry in Oct 2008 when we took it to the Kiwis in the ODI series and one of the tests. Wasn't this true when we almost chased down 500 in a tes and almost beat SL in a final match? or was it 'Two and a half years' back then? How can we accept without criticism that the BD team is not performing (as a TEAM) any better than we were a year or even 3 years ago. In 2009 we went 14-5 in ODIs (1-1 vs. SL). This year we're already 0-10.

Take everything else out of the equation and we went from a 1-1 which could have easily been a 2-0 vs. SL at Home to 0-2 (no competition whatsoever) vs. SL at Home.

So where is this improvement (as a Team) everyone keeps talking about?

meazz1
March 5, 2010, 05:15 PM

One thing we are good at is giving excuses.
Last 10 ODIs we lost due to the umpires.
How come I never thought of that....

Tiger444
March 5, 2010, 05:37 PM
The reality is we are just not good enough as the other top 8 teams..you can tell how New Zealand, England, Sri Lanka and India are just at a higher level then us..this was really a test as to whether we are now and the fact is we are still number 9..we are better then zimbabwe and we proved that but unfortunately we have a distance with the other test teams..the main problem has been that the batsmen just have poor shot selection and it hasnt been improved..they still go 4 unnecessary shots and throw their wickets away..look at the way the other batsmen bat..they give respect to good balls by taking singles and when the occasional bad balls come they put it away..our batsmen however just build the pressure by blocking out good deliveries and then go 4 boundaries..our runs mostly come from boundaries which is not good..the batsmen really need 2 learn how 2 take singles, until then we are just not going to improve..

betaar
March 5, 2010, 06:04 PM
Reading all the post it is very apparent that some of us wants to cut open the golden goose while the others are ok waiting. Under Whatmore we did win matches only to lose very badly in the following matches. Take 2007 WC for an example, while we won against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=India</st1:country-region> and SA, we also lost against <st1:country-region w:st="on">Ireland</st1:country-region> and found it hard against <st1:place w:st="on">Bermuda</st1:place>.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=I think what Siddons is trying to do is to take the team at a stage, slowly but surely, where once they start wining, it will not be a fluke. BD team will then win more matches on a consistent basis and even if they lose it will not be by a huge margin. I think am ok giving the golden goose more time……….<o:p></o:p>

hbk619
March 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
Reading all the post it is very apparent that some of us wants to cut open the golden goose while the others are ok waiting. Under Whatmore we did win matches only to lose very badly in the following matches. Take 2007 WC for an example, while we won against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=India</st1:country-region> and SA, we also lost against <st1:country-region w:st="on">Ireland</st1:country-region> and found it hard against <st1:place w:st="on">Bermuda</st1:place>.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=I think what Siddons is trying to do is to take the team at a stage, slowly but surely, where once they start wining, it will not be a fluke. BD team will then win more matches on a consistent basis and even if they lose it will not be by a huge margin. I think am ok giving the golden goose more time……….<o:p></o:p>

Nowdays it's kinda impossible to beat top class team. The strategy that bd is following right now could've done 2-3 years ago. So that the level would be same as top class teams. Teams like India/Australia can score 300-400 runs easily. T-20 makes them 1 step ahead. Even if our team scores 320 runs, top teams can chase down easily. Cricket is getting tough thesedays. The whole bd team needs to learn fast. The coach should take the right decision on right time. Our batsmans along with the captain have to show maturity. Otherwise, the jokes will continue.

Rifat
March 5, 2010, 07:16 PM
Completely agree with Thread Opener :) IT was tolerable at one point...but Against ENGLAND? :mad: if we even think to climb up the ladder, this was our golden opportunity but we wasted it....

tejkuni
March 5, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sometimes I feel frustrated by seeing the lack of patience among our fans. I think Siddons is doing juct fine. All of us want fast results. Roquibul-Badshah to Bulbul-Akram to Masrafee-Ashraful to
Shakib-Tamim. The next generation will be on the top. I took aboust five generations for India and New Zeeland to go to the top level. I think we need to improve our domestic infrastructure and will accelerate our speed.

Eshen
March 5, 2010, 08:03 PM
Reading all the post it is very apparent that some of us wants to cut open the golden goose while the others are ok waiting. Under Whatmore we did win matches only to lose very badly in the following matches. Take 2007 WC for an example, while we won against <st1:country-region w:st=" border=" 0="" alt="">India</st1:country-region> and SA, we also lost against <st1:country-region w:st="on">Ireland</st1:country-region> and found it hard against <st1:place w:st="on">Bermuda</st1:place>.

I think what Siddons is trying to do is to take the team at a stage, slowly but surely, where once they start wining, it will not be a fluke. BD team will then win more matches on a consistent basis and even if they lose it will not be by a huge margin. I think am ok giving the golden goose more time……….<o:p></o:p>
See the problem is the goose is not laying any golden egg at all! It is laying ordinary eggs (wins against minnows) but that too not in a convincing manner. The goose is about the right age and health but it's not doing what it's supposed to do! So you can either keep wishing the goose will one day lay a golden egg or you can urge the people that handle the goose to find a treatment for it!

BTW, I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to call for the goose's life, it may be just that you are not understanding what they are saying.

nsd3
March 5, 2010, 08:18 PM
It's good to put the coach under pressure with high expectations. But with what he's doing we also need to be patient.

Antora
March 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
I agree with you Miraz Bhaiya.

Its just so annoying and frustrating to see that we still play for honourable defeats? WTH is honourable about a defeat? We could have so won the series but no! we only play for honourable defeats, Don''t we?! I am seriously questioning Jamie Siddons' views as a coach. Yes he has done a lot for us, but it has come to a point where I can not take it anymore. Bangladesh are completely lost when it comes to the batting PP, I mean you would expect them to know that when two batsmen are at the crease and there's only one other known batsmen left, you should take the PP!! But our golden boys leave the PP for our bowlers! Just wonderful. If jamie Siddons doesn't teach us anything, I would at least expect him to teach the boys about the batting PP and when to freakin take them!
I think I have said this somewhere before and I'm going to say it again! we need a coach like Ganguly, who himself is mentally strong and has the ability to inspire a team. How long can we fans be patient for? How much pain can we possibly go through :(

yaseer
March 5, 2010, 09:03 PM
We could not keep improving with the changing nature of the game and we were always behind the standards and still behind. In past, we used to score around 200, when 250 is a competitive score. Now we are scoring around 250 where around 300 is a competitive score. We are still same way behind.

If anyone thinks we have improved a lot as a team, then it is wrong. What we have got is some individual players (Tamim and Sakib) who are more consistent than the previous bunch. But at the end, it is a team game and as a team there is very little improvement. Scoring 250 regularly is not a big improvement as changing nature of ODI (PP+inclusion of 20/20) contributed to this. We are always behind 4/5 years in this standard.

It is more visible in Tests. Still an individual brilliance gives us a "Shommanjonok Porajoy". Still we are struggling to avoid innings defeat. We are playing good test matches/Sessions here and there. But it was also the same case in past. Difference is again, Tamim and Sakib are the two guys who are bit more consistent and winning more sessions for us. Have we practically been close to winning/drawing any test recently? No. Same old story still repeating for 10 years without much difference and repeating same mistakes over the years with different players.

I am also not satisfied with the team as Miraz Bhai mentioned earlier "individual performance is not enough". As a team, also result wise, it is the same Bangladesh team. I am also not satisfied with the quality of players we got as well. After 10 years, I am expecting much better. without 1/2 exceptions, I do not think this bunch is not good enough to repeat the WC 2007 in 2011.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 09:21 PM
we need a coach like Ganguly, who himself is mentally strong and has the ability to inspire a team

we need fielding coach.....

a bowling coach like Aaqib javed, Javagal Srinath or Damien Fleming.

also we need good professional coaching stuff for the NCL teams.

FagunerAgun
March 5, 2010, 09:38 PM
Why it is a rocket science for incompetent BCB to hire a fielding coach without any delay? Or they need a hartal.

deshifan
March 5, 2010, 10:07 PM
Miraz bhai er rhetoric dekhe mugdho holam ....

But Bangladesh is a slowly improving inconsistent side with poor management structure. You gotta give them some time. Cricket is a culture which doesnt develop overnight.

:flag:

tejkuni
March 5, 2010, 10:46 PM
We could not keep improving with the changing nature of the game and we were always behind the standards and still behind. In past, we used to score around 200, when 250 is a competitive score. Now we are scoring around 250 where around 300 is a competitive score. We are still same way behind.

If anyone thinks we have improved a lot as a team, then it is wrong. ..........

I certainly think that we have improved a lot. As some of you said that individual performance is not enough, but it is an important step towards the goal. Our gap with the top team has reduced. Before we were happy with shonmanjonok porajoy, but now create situation where we feel that we may win. Before we had hard time beating Holland, Kenya, or Canada, not now. Other than experiance, our gap with West Indies and New Zeeland are not that great. Next we will beat Pakistan and England and so on. Before our cricket fan used to talk about Pakistan, India, Imran Khan, etc. Now we talk about our own team. We have our own heros. I am grateful to our cricket boys for giving us this dignity. Shakib, Tamin, Mashrafee, Asraful are our golden boys.

nahaz
March 6, 2010, 12:07 AM
we need fielding coach.....

a bowling coach like Aaqib javed, Javagal Srinath or Damien Fleming.

also we need good professional coaching stuff for the NCL teams.

We really really need to better our divisional teams. We need to have each state teams run through their business models, and we need the fans to support the states. If we get the right people managing the state teams, and if they have money, making better teams with better grounds and facilities is not a problem. We need to also go back to having home grounds for the states. This way each state will try to make better grounds, or at least produce one which suits them. BCB should also force some to have sporting grounds with nice bounce and carry through off the pitch. Otherwise we'd always struggle overseas.

The idea of honourable defeats has gone on for too long. What did Riyad or Naeem gain by batting like this? Surely a proper attempt at going for the runs could not have done any harm. Its not like blocking 50 balls in an ODI without any pressure will mean much in a test series. Siddons and Sakib should've told them to get on with it.

nahaz
March 6, 2010, 12:19 AM
Also, the idea of Mushfiq keeping shows our poor attitude to cricket. You do not have someone keep for years just because of his batting, if he can't keep. Mushfique is missing catches every match now. This is ridiculous. I don't know if some overseas slip fielders can do any worse. Who cares if he chirps or not. If you like his chirping so much just put him at slips or gully. We need to try out Dhiman and Saghir. If Saghir drops them too, have Dhiman. I have seen Dhiman and he is a diamond when it comes to keeping.

Due to our ill attempts at finding the next Sangakarra or GIlly we forget to look at the one thing that's a must for the keeprs, and that's the quality of keeping. Mushfiq's 5' 2" or thereabouts, meaning he cannot reach a lot of catches that keepers 6" taller would. Add to that 1-2 catch/stumpings missed per match, and there you go. He is a major reason we lose. I like his batting right now. I'd keep him as a batsman for now. But his keeping is a national embarassment. If I was a Kiwi watching him I'd wonder " surely they've got people taller than him who can actually catch a red ball when he's wearing such big gloves? Maybe its just their national physique!" Is it? He wouldn't be a Grade or County keeper, I'd tell you that much. Drop Aftab, or one of Shuvo or Naeem for the XI in England, and bring in a keeper. All these bits and pieces players are ultimately costing the match.

tiger_club
March 6, 2010, 12:24 AM
We need to win no matter what.. enough of this individual progress bs.. our team performance simply not good enough, our bowler suck during the death overs, batsmen shiver to hold the bat, when they run as if someone holding their legs.. there is no footwork what so ever and we just love dropping catch at the vital moment.. how can we win? we’re never mentally prepared.. choker tag should go to our national team not just under 19.

Rifat
March 6, 2010, 12:32 AM
Sometimes I feel frustrated by seeing the lack of patience among our fans. I think Siddons is doing juct fine. All of us want fast results. Roquibul-Badshah to Bulbul-Akram to Masrafee-Ashraful to
Shakib-Tamim. The next generation will be on the top. I took aboust five generations for India and New Zeeland to go to the top level. I think we need to improve our domestic infrastructure and will accelerate our speed.

I take great pride and honor in being one of the more "patient fans" in BanglaCricket...however, there is a point where things are made super easy for you, and you still can't take advantage of how easy things are made easy for us. I Mean New Zealand and England are the MOST VULNERABLE to be defeated by Bangladesh after West Indies...this is when you are frustrated. it shows that how much we suck even after it has been made very easy for us we still can't take a series win where we should.

We are lacking One quality Batsmen... that's all! this lack of a a #3 is difference between Victory and Defeat these days. we are always one batsmen short! if this problem is never to be resolved, then we might as well as play a extra specialist keeper who can chip in a couple of runs(since it maeks no difference anyways because we are always a batsmen short!)

somtimes it is not just about patience it is about using the most out of the opportunities you have been given. patience is Good, not just good, in fact G-R-E-A-T :big_hug: but there is a reason why you are being patient. If no good comes out of your patience, then you have basically wasted your time being patient to begin with...

This is why batsmen like Rajin Saleh is criticized. he is patient. but sometimes he just doesn't use his opportunities well enough, you gotta find the balance between the two...:)

SMHasan
March 6, 2010, 01:19 AM
I don't know what should I write.

I am wondering what happened to Mahmud Ullah and Naeem yesterday? They didn't show any intent to score fast at all. I think someone plays that slow only when they got a connection with the bookies. But I believe it's not the case here.

Bad umpiring is the part of game but still people win matches. The management should find the problems first. I think they don't realize it.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

kmasum
March 6, 2010, 01:39 AM
Miraz bro, could you also get in touch with Shamim Chowdhury kindly and ask him to stay away from Bangladesh matches as he is the biggest kufa on all our lives and the nation!

yes please!

BANFAN
March 6, 2010, 05:38 AM
JS is the best BD coach... Though I need a microscope to see th eimprovement and I see his actions opposite to the vision set to begin with. Or may be he is sticking to his vision but the fans are expecting the opposite to happen??

BlindSupporterofBD
March 6, 2010, 06:32 AM
I fully disagree with meraj bh's following quote:
"A 2-0 whitewash in the Test series is looming large followed by another 5-0 whitewash when we will be touring England later this year. "

current BD team has really improved under JS as compare to DW BD team and i can sense a test win against ENG is bound to come in this series. However as a team we are not still as good as G8 team so we will lose most of the time which is natural.

tiger_army
March 6, 2010, 06:56 AM
JS is there to improve individual performance. If any of our player has technical issue JS job is to help the player fix the issue. I think its happening.

Now these players are playing for their own country not playing for a club. these players are our national hero and they know it. So they should sacrifice everything for the sake of winning matches. That includes personal issues with others, money, fame, average....this is called patriotism. Now JS cant teach them patriotism. It should be inside our players. Our players should understand the fact and wake up. they are technically getting better day by day and the last piece of the puzzle is love for the country.

Just look at the Afgans they dont have any million dollar coach... they are wining for their country....Arent they?

shajib14
March 6, 2010, 07:42 AM
Actually, bad umpiring ruined the last two matches for us. 2-1 in favour of us, was very much within the reach. Nevertheless, i strongly agree with the post.

Equinox
March 6, 2010, 09:32 AM
I have always been pro-Siddons but now I am at the crossroads. There is no point in denying the improvements in our batting under him, it is there for all to see. I think he is a top batting coach and a brilliant technician. However my problem with him is the tactics he employs and his approach to the game in general. I feel he is still stuck in the 90s. He still believes that pacers should be express pace (Shafiul and Rubel) and that pacers like Rasel are ineffective. He pre-meditates tactics instead of changing them as the game goes along. As has been said before in this thread my views are we have improved but we have not evolved into a modern day International cricket team like India and Australia. The thing that I am most pissed off about is his disdain towards T20 cricket. He sees it as a distraction instead of an opportunity to enhance our players' aggression. T20 has benefitted a lot of the World's top players today: Gambhir, Watson, Sehwag and most recently Dilshan, who was seen as bits and pieces player in his own team but after the WT20 he has become their best batsman in all formats. I believe T20 can be phenomenal for someone like Tamim. It can transform him into a genuine world class batsman. But the problem is he doesn't know how to approach T20s he thinks it all slog, slog, slog and Siddons doesn't care about the format enough to help him. Which is why I believe IPL would be really helpful for Tamim where he can play with the World's Top T20 players and work with coaches who actually understand the format. Sadly BCB also isn't backing the T20 format. Why was there no T20s against England on this tour or in England? Actually we have only played one T20 in Bangladesh and that was back in '06. Since we played only one Test in New Zealand there should have been two more T20s on the tour. All the other teams are now playing two T20s in every series.

The other part of Siddons which annoys me is his role behind the scenes. He is a contol-freak. He wants to have power over everything. Yes I am refering to the incident with Mashrafe. You may say it is exaggerated but there is no fire without spark. It may be exaggerated but there is certainly an issue. I believe he is a shubidha-badhi who makes statements which suit the situation and he uses players for his own benefit. He used Ashraful to kick out Bashar and now he is using Shakib to get rid of Mashrafe and Ashraful. Once Shakib stops being a yes-man to him he will use Mushfiq or Tamim to get rid of Shakib. Another issue which needs a mention is his negligence towards bowling and fielding.

My views on Shakib as captain is that he gets too ahead of himself. He bites of more than he can chew and gets involved in unnecessary controversies. He has a gorom mejaj and needs to calm down. He tries to be over-smart on the field on many occasions and it backfires on him. He is a good leader on the field but nowadays you need to be complete leader which according to me he isn't.

Equinox
March 6, 2010, 09:38 AM
Adding to that I don't think Siddons should be sacked as it would be disastrous at this stage however BCB needs to evaluate his methods and let them know that they are not good enough.

BANFAN
March 6, 2010, 10:17 AM
I fully disagree with meraj bh's following quote:
"A 2-0 whitewash in the Test series is looming large followed by another 5-0 whitewash when we will be touring England later this year. "

current BD team has really improved under JS as compare to DW BD team and i can sense a test win against ENG is bound to come in this series. However as a team we are not still as good as G8 team so we will lose most of the time which is natural.

We went mighty close in Multan & Fatullah even before JS made any contribution. How much ahead we have gone from there in test matches?

We have beaten manysides in ODI before JS; have we improved on that frequency during JS?

On What basis you claim that we have improved during JS? Have you forgotten the Vision of JS when he first joined? Wining matches isnt yet on his agenda or yardstick of improvement; he measures individual performances as imrovement.

So, if your judgement says we must show improvements in terms of winning as a team, you will have to say JS hasn't contributed, but if you look at the individual performances, you definitely will get more people performing these days. It can always be debated who made them, JS or the cricketing structure that we have?

If he could fix the troubled existing players in the national team, I would feel he has undisputed contribution in improvement of individual players; I find that area severely lacking.

zainab
March 6, 2010, 11:14 AM
If there is infighting within the team, then disaster looms ahead.
There is only one year left for 2011 WC, and BD is in the group of death, if they do not improve, then they will lose in their own backyard and not progress to the super eight.
Siddons, IMO, was never the right coach for BD, he is not tough enough and shoots off his mouth with useless words which comes back to bite him.Seems that Sakib is following his example by also overshooting his mouth and uttering useless words.

BlindSupporterofBD
March 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
We went mighty close in Multan & Fatullah even before JS made any contribution. How much ahead we have gone from there in test matches?

We have beaten manysides in ODI before JS; have we improved on that frequency during JS?

On What basis you claim that we have improved during JS? Have you forgotten the Vision of JS when he first joined? Wining matches isnt yet on his agenda or yardstick of improvement; he measures individual performances as imrovement.

So, if your judgement says we must show improvements in terms of winning as a team, you will have to say JS hasn't contributed, but if you look at the individual performances, you definitely will get more people performing these days. It can always be debated who made them, JS or the cricketing structure that we have?

If he could fix the troubled existing players in the national team, I would feel he has undisputed contribution in improvement of individual players; I find that area severely lacking.

In JS era we have won test series and ODI series against WI. we have beaten SRI, NZ in ODI. We were very close to win series aginst SRI & NZ. We have consistently beaten ZIM & IRE in ODI. Consistently making 250+ score. players getting more centuries, more 5 for than any other coach era. if individual performence get better n better, then the result is bound to come. just wait a bit,,, the win is coming for sure. every time opposion will not have their luck in their favour...

simon
March 6, 2010, 12:11 PM
In JS era we have won test series and ODI series against WI. we have beaten SRI, NZ in ODI. We were very close to win series aginst SRI & NZ. We have consistently beaten ZIM & IRE in ODI. Consistently making 250+ score. players getting more centuries, more 5 for than any other coach era. if individual performence get better n better, then the result is bound to come. just wait a bit,,, the win is coming for sure. every time opposion will not have their luck in their favour...

very well said.
Individually our players are improving quickly,so I also blve good results will come.
Some of us fans need to be more patient otherwise don't watch crckt.

mishu
March 6, 2010, 12:41 PM
i dont need wins agains england in a odi series... I want BD to win 2011 world cup... ;-)

look in order for Siddon to do better he need more support, he cant teach batting, baling, fielding, etc, we need a solid staff around the team, we need to improve physical strength of some players who not willing to take singles, like we saw last match, they just wanted boundaries,,, also DROP CATCHES? so many in a game and in important stages, yo want Siddon to teach these players how to catch? i cant even believe people can even think under Jamie we are not going the right direction,, people forgot how we used to get out even b4 scoring 100 runs,,

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 6, 2010, 12:45 PM
What improvement Jammie Siddons brought in Pace category is a million dollar question! As Rubel/ Shaiful/ Shahadat is our opening bowler....its much much below standard.

mishu
March 6, 2010, 01:11 PM
What improvement Jammie Siddons brought in Pace category is a million dollar question! As Rubel/ Shaiful/ Shahadat is our opening bowler....its much much below standard.

so you want a pace lineup from Australia? we can import them you know... first of all its not his job to select player, second he is not a bowling coach, third we dont have good pacers in Bangladesh period!!

auntu
March 6, 2010, 01:54 PM
I completely agree with what Miraz bhai stated in this thread.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 6, 2010, 02:28 PM
so you want a pace lineup from Australia? we can import them you know... first of all its not his job to select player, second he is not a bowling coach, third we don't have good pacers in Bangladesh period!!

Excuse me! By the term "Improvement", I meant bowling the right length, variation in bowling, change of pace, not bowling on leg stump. I think Siddons being a coach was supposed to teach them these simple things again and again, even though they forget that.

BD-Shardul
March 6, 2010, 02:31 PM
Excuse me! By the term "Improvement", I meant bowling the right length, variation in bowling, change of pace, not bowling on leg stump. I think Siddons being a coach was supposed to teach them these simple things again and again, even though they forget that.

Why do we pay for bowling coach?

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 6, 2010, 02:37 PM
Why do we pay for bowling coach?

I think bowling coach is another stupid someone. And we are stupid enough to pay him for no improvement.

Rifat
March 6, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have always been pro-Siddons but now I am at the crossroads. There is no point in denying the improvements in our batting under him, it is there for all to see. I think he is a top batting coach and a brilliant technician. However my problem with him is the tactics he employs and his approach to the game in general. I feel he is still stuck in the 90s. He still believes that pacers should be express pace (Shafiul and Rubel) and that pacers like Rasel are ineffective. He pre-meditates tactics instead of changing them as the game goes along. As has been said before in this thread my views are we have improved but we have not evolved into a modern day International cricket team like India and Australia. The thing that I am most pissed off about is his disdain towards T20 cricket. He sees it as a distraction instead of an opportunity to enhance our players' aggression. T20 has benefitted a lot of the World's top players today: Gambhir, Watson, Sehwag and most recently Dilshan, who was seen as bits and pieces player in his own team but after the WT20 he has become their best batsman in all formats. I believe T20 can be phenomenal for someone like Tamim. It can transform him into a genuine world class batsman. But the problem is he doesn't know how to approach T20s he thinks it all slog, slog, slog and Siddons doesn't care about the format enough to help him. Which is why I believe IPL would be really helpful for Tamim where he can play with the World's Top T20 players and work with coaches who actually understand the format. Sadly BCB also isn't backing the T20 format. Why was there no T20s against England on this tour or in England? Actually we have only played one T20 in Bangladesh and that was back in '06. Since we played only one Test in New Zealand there should have been two more T20s on the tour. All the other teams are now playing two T20s in every series.

The other part of Siddons which annoys me is his role behind the scenes. He is a contol-freak. He wants to have power over everything. Yes I am refering to the incident with Mashrafe. You may say it is exaggerated but there is no fire without spark. It may be exaggerated but there is certainly an issue. I believe he is a shubidha-badhi who makes statements which suit the situation and he uses players for his own benefit. He used Ashraful to kick out Bashar and now he is using Shakib to get rid of Mashrafe and Ashraful. Once Shakib stops being a yes-man to him he will use Mushfiq or Tamim to get rid of Shakib. Another issue which needs a mention is his negligence towards bowling and fielding.

My views on Shakib as captain is that he gets too ahead of himself. He bites of more than he can chew and gets involved in unnecessary controversies. He has a gorom mejaj and needs to calm down. He tries to be over-smart on the field on many occasions and it backfires on him. He is a good leader on the field but nowadays you need to be complete leader which according to me he isn't.

Top Post. you have summarized the situation quite nicely :) i believe this is one of the reasons why "theBest"( he is MIA for over a year now..:() bhai called him a "Charlatan"

dolcevita
March 6, 2010, 03:26 PM
Why criticise Shakib ? What can he does with bowler like rubel znd shafiul , batsmen like aftab , junaid, kayes , and fielder like mahmudullah and mushfiq ?
If we could have 5 Shakib , we will be better than aussie
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

M.H.Rubel
March 6, 2010, 11:13 PM
As a coach Siddons erra is very bumpy and Siddons is still passing through a very bumpy land.After departure of Dave by turn senior players like Rafiq and Bashar get retired that had a huge effect on the team Siddons tried to overcome it and was making shape of the team then the worst thing happen half of the players from the team resigned from the team and Joined ICL that was a nasty blow.I have to give credit to Siddons to survive well after ICL saga.Now we can make a good team without the help of ICL PLAYERS thanks is due there to Siddons.
Now ICL saga is over but after math remains.All those players joined ICL lost their shape and probably they will need another 1 year to settle down in the team so i ll make my comment about Siddons after 1 year.Hope in the mean time he will be able to make 2 or 3 good middle order batsman and will be able to make TEAM BANGLADESH.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BANFAN
March 7, 2010, 05:40 AM

If we are still going mighty close like multan and not winning, that means, there is no improvement.

The win is coming for sure (?) :) that's the word of HOPE, all Bangladeshis are living with, irrespective of there is a coach or not.

Infact JS never said that he will make us win matches; in fact if someone thinks of winning against the G8, he is a fool. That's his idea.... he might have made contradictory statements later, to keep his job intact. But nothing around BD team has changed so dramatically to expect that he has changed his mind. Why the BD fans expects to win against G8 in JS era while JS himself doesnt expect & more so, even ready to credit JS for that? I really can't explain that, some others might.

yaseer
March 7, 2010, 06:10 AM
This is the scorecard of BD vs ENG Test matches when we they last visited us in 2003.
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/60752.html

We showed good fight and had a "Shommanjonok Porajoy" in 1st Test.
We performed poorly in the 2nd Test.

After six and half years, what sort of performance we should be happy/satisfied with? Should we be satisfied with a fight like 1st Test of 2003, adding one of the player scoring century?

After the ODI series, I have become a bit hopeless on winning/drawing a Test against England now. But if we have really improved as a "team", we should at least win/draw one of the Tests. On experience ground, this English side is not much ahead of us either. So, inexperience is not a cause anymore.

I believe if our Batsmen can score 450+ runs, we can make history. "IF" we can score.....

To prove that we have really improved, we need to achieve some result in Test level. Winning 1/2 sessions, one/two century is not good enough at this moment.

nsd3
March 7, 2010, 07:28 AM
On experience ground, this English side is not much ahead of us either. So, inexperience is not a cause anymore.

Then it comes down to how the players were developed to play int'l matches (Domestic match standards). This was already highlighted by Siddons earlier. So comparing int'l match experience may not be the right criteria here. It's how rich their backgrounds of grooming as cricket players are - This I guess has got attention from the Board already. Still a long way to go before we see the output, but putting the resources in the right place to ensure that happens fast is what we should concentrate on now. We as fans can speak in the same line as well.

fais
March 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
i am hoping for a spinning track in the test, come on curator - enough with high scoring pitches, lets have a pitch with some character

bujhee kom
March 7, 2010, 02:10 PM
No matter how much it hurts me to say this, but I must and I now I will say....I am getting very very disappointed, frustrated and annoyed at Shakib and coach Siddons both! Time is indeed running out guys!