PDA

View Full Version : Mahmudullah and Naeem Islam

ma_o_mati
March 5, 2010, 01:07 PM
it was painful to watch them bat in both 2nd and 3rd odi....in the 2nd odi, they could've easily added 20 more runs...i mean what's up with the blocking...oh man

HoJoBoRoLo
March 5, 2010, 01:19 PM
how could you guys start a thread about every single issue??? about this most of us talked in the match thread.

The_Yorker
March 5, 2010, 01:58 PM
Both Ryad and Naeem are doing just fine. You cannot expect them to hit every ball when top and middle order fail.

Shaan
March 5, 2010, 03:08 PM
These two just killed the game, I mean all of a sudden they looked they just went into shell and they were too scared to come out. it was really sad the way they approached the game. I mean really, look at Nayeem if he is chokka Nayeem then he didn't do justice himself or he is just fluke. I don't mean that he needed to hit sixes in every ball, but why on earth he even didn't try to take on spinner like Peterson. Same goes with Mahmudullah !!

Their approach today just was really pathetic to say. I had very high hope for these two but they just disappointed me today. It is totally unacceptable the way they played, sometime even felt like they were playing to keep their place in the team, not for the winning or try hard till the end kind of guts.

So, their this type of approach and attitude at the game now open more space for players like, Ash, Aftab and Alok.

Purbasha T
March 5, 2010, 03:15 PM
Both Ryad and Naeem are doing just fine. You cannot expect them to hit every ball when top and middle order fail.

Yep. Even today the English bowling wasn't like that Riyad and Naeem could hit every single ball. And I'm sure the plan was to go bonkers in the PP (by taking it late) after making as much runs as possible in the non-PP ones.

sadi
March 5, 2010, 03:15 PM
Agree. The sad part is they didn't even have to play for their spot in the team since their spots are set for a while. All they had to do was show some heart and give an effort. Personally, they totally disappointed me.

Shaan
March 5, 2010, 03:23 PM
Yep. Even today the English bowling wasn't like that Riyad and Naeem could hit every single ball. And I'm sure the plan was to go bonkers in the PP (by taking it late) after making as much runs as possible in the non-PP ones.

How come then Rahim and Shakib managed to rotate run in every single ball and even they tokk 6-7 runs per over without boundaries against same English bowler. But these two(Nayeem, Riyad) just played test at very best when team craving for runs on regular basis. They were blocking and blocking when team needed runs to flow not to dry up! In the end everything dried up..

Our mentality still left runs mean boundaries, not that runs mean you can get 6 runs per over without boundaries. Thats the reason we just play all the silly shots too early and give the wicket even before settle down at the crease or even not know what kind/type of bowler bowling to me, or the pitch behaviour to concern.

Raynman
March 5, 2010, 03:24 PM
How come then Rahim and Shakib managed to rotate run in every single ball and even they tokk 6-7 runs per over without boundaries against same English bowler. But these two(Nayeem, Riyad) just played test at very best when team craving for runs on regular basis. They were blocking and blocking when team needed runs to flow not to dry up! In the end everything dried up..

if only they were instructed properly as they are coming in to bat.

Tiger444
March 5, 2010, 03:30 PM
Thats why these 2 need to be moved up the order..they are batsmen who need time at the crease before they can start accelrating..players like aftab, ash and alok are guys who could finish because of their power hitting abilities..instead we have finishers up at the top and true batsmen down at the bottom..

Shaan
March 5, 2010, 03:32 PM
But at that stage professional players like them should know and play according to the situation and I frankly don't think anyone would instruct them to play test cricket at that moment of the game as aware of the tight situation. I mean they could have rotated strike properly, but blocking all the ball and wasting overs, and creating more pressure on team, I don't think any insane will even instruct such..

dolcevita
March 5, 2010, 03:46 PM
I don't think they were selfish they just hasn't the ability
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

fais
March 5, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thats why these 2 need to be moved up the order..they are batsmen who need time at the crease before they can start accelrating..players like aftab, ash and alok are guys who could finish because of their power hitting abilities..instead we have finishers up at the top and true batsmen down at the bottom..

this is def. true of riyad
naeem is a blaster when he comes in right at the end; when he is made to come in earlier he becomes like Kayes and plays rlly slow
ideally aftab should exchange places with riyad, that would ensure that we don't have collapses early on esp. with kayes and mushfiq there

fais
March 5, 2010, 04:07 PM
But at that stage professional players like them should know and play according to the situation and I frankly don't think anyone would instruct them to play test cricket at that moment of the game as aware of the tight situation. I mean they could have rotated strike properly, but blocking all the ball and wasting overs, and creating more pressure on team, I don't think any insane will even instruct such..

the fact of the matter is that they didn't have the capability to accelerate and rotate strike; our batsmen lack this fundamentally important capability to find the gaps and take 5 or 6 singles in an over
if they accelerated we wud have had an early finish.

Tiger444
March 5, 2010, 04:16 PM
the fact of the matter is that they didn't have the capability to accelerate and rotate strike; our batsmen lack this fundamentally important capability to find the gaps and take 5 or 6 singles in an over
if they accelerated we wud have had an early finish.

thats the biggest problem.. our batsmen can either block or hit boundaries..they cant really accumulate which is really hurting the team..in order to put up big scores you need 2 get those singles and then at the end go 4 boundaries..just look at the way England batted..they didnt go 4 any risks at all..for the most part they stayed under 5 an over and then just blasted at the end..thats the way you have to bat..if you just rely on boundaries 2 get you runs there is no way theres a chance 2 win..hope siddons is working hard with them on this ability..

simon
March 5, 2010, 04:47 PM
It wasn't the same Ryad or Naeem we saw in Triseries.
But have to say the Eng bwlrs did really well & I think because of their lack of pace
it became difficult to get 4s or 6s.
If u look at Shehzad's eco rate ,it's quite high as he was the fastest bowler in their team.

Eshen
March 5, 2010, 05:14 PM
The whole team need to learn the art of aggression, the problem is not with one or two players.

Tamim needs to learn playing aggressive does not mean you have to slog from ball one.

Imrul and Raqibul need to learn not to hit the ball so hard but to place it in gaps better.

Mushfiq needs to learn he does not have the power to hit sixers on a big field (he may get away with one or two slogs, but will get caught more often than not), he needs to stick with ground shots.

As I have pointed out in another thread - best format to learn art of aggression (in case of bowlers, the art of restraining scoring rates) is T20 format. Our players better take PCL seriously.

Purbasha T
March 5, 2010, 05:15 PM

Our mentality still left runs mean boundaries, not that runs mean you can get 6 runs per over without boundaries. Thats the reason we just play all the silly shots too early and give the wicket even before settle down at the crease or even not know what kind/type of bowler bowling to me, or the pitch behaviour to concern.

True actually...the thing is they just couldn't do it.

The_Yorker
March 5, 2010, 05:55 PM
I think people are being harsh on them because we had a glimps of hope that we could win the match. They have the capability to accelerate and rotate strike as they have done it before, perhaps they couldn't do it at that time due to situation. Nevertheless, they should have tried, eventhough they could have lost their wickets trying to hit every ball.

Ananna
March 5, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think people are being harsh on them because we had a glimps of hope that we could win the match. They have the capability to accelerate and rotate strike as they have done it before, perhaps they couldn't do it at that time due to situation. Nevertheless, they should have tried, eventhough they could have lost their wickets trying to hit every ball.

No. Scroing 25 runs at 60 deliveries is not acceptable from a batsman who bats at no. 6. Nobody asked them to hit every ball. They should should have picked singles and doubles and then should have gone for big hits duirng last 5/6 overs. He was just blocking the ball.
Probably Naeem was showing Siddons that he is a test material too.

snake
March 5, 2010, 06:56 PM
Both Nayeem and Ullah played like bone head..That's the difference between Shakib (or any world class player) and them. I think Nayeem should be dropped from ODI and bring back Kapali. Nayeem and Ullah both are batting alrounder and Siddons has given them to play in the same spot for a while so if they say "I do not know how to play in lower order", this will be simply ridiculous.

I guess, they were expecting them to spoon feed the match. Nayeem's fiedling was not good and Ullah now dropping catch in every match. Our problem is our batsman hits boundary in test but in 20-20 they can not take more than 3 run in an over.

To me, we should sepaarte 20/20, ODI and test batsman. EVen Ash will play better slog than Nayeem . AT 8, we can bring Kapali/Ash or Aftab.

In conclusion, world class player shows consistency over the years and ICC ranking/average is also good indication of a players ability.

To me only Tamim and Shakib are world class players, Mushfiq/Imrul/Mash/Rajjak/Ullah are just average and while, the rest of the players are just PURE CHICKENS wearing tiger hoods.

Antora
March 5, 2010, 08:01 PM
This is how I see it. A little strange..but ...ye.
Jamie Siddons probably said '" if u can play for the 50 overs, runs will come"".
Tamim came in and was like "' pffft, I am gonna make sure we score it in 40 overs..*SMASH* Oh no! I'm out :S""
the others in the dressing room were probably like '' Tamim hasn't scored, we're never gonna win now!""so they kinda gave up just then!
Aftab came in and was like "" woot today's ma day babbyyy"" then got run out by Mushy.
I dunno what imrul was thinking.. he just dissapointed me.
Then Skaib and Mushy were like '' we're gonna be heros!!!"" and then both got out :(
and then OMG came a snail and a turtle. ( Naeem and Riyad)
The way they were batting was like "" we need to be in the test team, we already lost.. lets start blocking"
ARGH! I hate it how they gave up so quickly. Scoring those runs were possible. If Shakib and Mushy could bat like that.. why could those two? Playing like that was NOT Naeem's natural game =P and Riayd? i wanted to bash him up!:mad:

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 09:01 PM

yesterday was a rare day when our middle order did some thing we never rarely did. our no 3,4,5 played excellent rotating strikes and and maintaining run a ball partnerships. though we expect all of aftab, mushfiq and shakib could have go on and scored a bigger score. well it did not happen. when mushfiq was out and riadh came in. all we needed from riadh is to maintain that run a ball innings like the top order played. also when shakib was out and naeem came still if they continued run a ball partnership, the asking rate in the PP or last 10 overs should have been 7-8.

both of them were 1st looking to block the ball, and then considering if a run scoring opportunity was there. cant think what their strategy was, makes no sense. we know both of them can play. naeem had a good partnership with Tamim in the 1st innings. he was taking singles easily that day. riadh showed he could be a very batsman if he comes to bat over 30-35 in the triseries. well yesterday the intention and effort was not their. even imrul made some effort, when he was driving hard and hooking and pulling balls.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 09:06 PM
it looked like they dont have a definite plan... or two of them had different plans. riadh said to naeem, u hit i stay. naeem said, u hit i stay. both of them thought i cant be out as then i will be vilain so wont hit

snake
March 5, 2010, 09:18 PM
"Both Ryad and Naeem are doing just fine. You cannot expect them to hit every ball when top and middle order fail."

- Riyad still couldn't prove that he is ready for bigger challenge, he is still #7/8 batsman. Nayeem should seriously think about his future, he can't hit in 20/20 and not in ODI, his bowling is also not that good. I think ODI/20-20, players like Kapali, Ash, Nazimuddin, Mahbubul karim is out there. I think we should take a pure batsman or a very good alrounder who can quickly rotate strike and do big hits.

I thought we have some very good hitters but after looking into their 20/20, I realized our 7/8 batsman are not good enough as a hitter and not even rotate strike. Yesterday, they showed how selfish and bone head they are. Both should be fined for their intentions in the middle for "honorable draw"

snake
March 5, 2010, 09:23 PM
I remember, when Aftab was in good form, he could hit even Mcgragh, pollock, even he was scoring 20/30, he could hit out Gillespe for a six for famous win against aus. But, Nayeem/Riyad no hope. These are really chickens. Riyad plays well in batting pitch (India/SL series and NZ series), the moement it started little swing or spinning he cannot rotate strike. Riyad can still bat at lower order in test but Nayeem, dude, you have long way to go.

I think every 3/4 series coach should evaluate players like world class, average and chickens with tiger hood so that players also aware of their situation based on format of the game

BD Tigers
March 5, 2010, 09:34 PM
they r both good players but dont have much experience on chasing. I dont think BD batted 2nd innings in ODI this year. So when Shakib got out, run rate required was around 7. All they had to do is rotate strikes and get the odd ball 4. And then take power play in 40/41st over and go all gun blazing. But they just didn't know how to do that. Even after 10 rrr around 40th over they didn't take pp. that shows lack of experience.

FagunerAgun
March 5, 2010, 09:35 PM
it was painful to watch them bat in both 2nd and 3rd odi....in the 2nd odi, they could've easily added 20 more runs...i mean what's up with the blocking...oh man
They are young, restless and on typical BD hyper.
They need more time to mature.

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 09:48 PM
they r both good players but dont have much experience on chasing. I dont think BD batted 2nd innings in ODI this year. So when Shakib got out, run rate required was around 7. All they had to do is rotate strikes and get the odd ball 4. And then take power play in 40/41st over and go all gun blazing. But they just didn't know how to do that. Even after 10 rrr around 40th over they didn't take pp. that shows lack of experience.

well i have followed naeem in domestic cricket a lot. well he was called the michael bevan as he was the best finisher when chasing. he used to come at 4-5 and was a busy player making singles, doubles and taking the target close and then hit and accelerate later. even if wickets tumbling he used to hold his composure and finish the game staying not out and fight with tail-enders. well its a different quality in domestic and interanational level, but still one can try to make the effort. u all saw naeem's effort in the game against ZImbabwe, where he won us the game. well. yesterday there was not the effort.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 01:09 AM
Give these cats a break for GOD's sake! They're young guys at the onset of their International careers and had a bad game in light of the match situation. There will be other bad games also until they learn on the job and not have too many. It's not their fault that they were goaded into the senior side without adequate preparation for the highest level.

Give them time, they'll make us proud when the time comes, InshAllah.

beshideshi
March 6, 2010, 02:12 AM
Come on guys, Riyad and Nayeem are both doing quite fine.
about the 3rd odi, I believe they wanted to leave 80 runs in the last 8, and then go from there. The chase never took off. But it will be harsh to say they played for themselves and etc. People who are trying to undermine Riyad's batting ability should look at his recent 100 against NZ in NZ. Where the ball swings/seams 20 times more than any Bangladeshi wicket. And he is one of our finest batsmen at this moment, he just did not click on Friday.
And Nayeem is a really handy player, his bowling is getting better, and his batting is decent as well. And everyone should know its not easy to just walk in and hit bowlers for 6s in international cricket.
I say no need to blame these guys, they will surely do better in future, as they have showed capability in the past.

AK420
March 6, 2010, 02:22 AM
Mahmudullah is fit for test, not one day. If he is made to play in odi, he needs the following:
1) Play for the team, not for himself.
2) Taught how to slog at regular intervals
3) Rotate strike when there is someone important at the other end.
4) If he could not contribute enough to lead his team to victory, he should have smashed the umpires head at least.

AK420
March 6, 2010, 02:28 AM
Mahmudullah was extremely pathetic for:1) He wasted far too many ball2) Dropped a catch in the last match, 2 in the second match3) He did not rotate the strikeResult: Match lost. You cant blame umpires, they say "Nachte Na Janle Uthan Baka.

Murad
March 6, 2010, 02:58 AM

Lack of experience in chasing. Bujhlam. What about the 2nd game? Played the power play overs like the middle overs. We lost the 2nd game during the PP overs just because of them. We had wickets in hand but still they didnt go for shots.

fwullah
March 6, 2010, 05:08 AM
It has just proven the fact that neither Mahmudullah nor Naeem can bat against quality seam bowling.

napoleonIV
March 6, 2010, 01:30 PM
Give these cats a break for GOD's sake! They're young guys at the onset of their International careers and had a bad game in light of the match situation. There will be other bad games also until they learn on the job and not have too many. It's not their fault that they were goaded into the senior side without adequate preparation for the highest level.

Give them time, they'll make us proud when the time comes, InshAllah.

Bad game is when you hit, it goes to the fielder. Bad time is when you play an awful shot and get out. But the problem withn Nayeem and Riyadh was that they didn't show any intent at all. I am not saying that they should have tried to to hit boundaries from the word go. They should have at least tried to score 5/6 an over, specially against such a part-timer like Pietersen. What was really baffling is that inspite of being a recognized batsmen (the number 6 position in ODI goes to a batsmen. period), and an asking run rate hovering around 8, Riyad played premeditated block shots, the ones you expect to see in tests. Look at Riyady's SR. On a not-so-bad pitch, with a part-timer bowler, with a high asking rate, his strike rate was 60 !! He does not need to go past 100 (which is just run-a-ball), at least it should have been 80/90. And to do that, you do NOT need to deal in boundaries. So please don't say that we expected him to go gung-ho and was over expecting.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 6, 2010, 02:39 PM

I totally agree with you man.

sadi
March 6, 2010, 04:26 PM
The thing that was really frustating to me is that they didn't even bother trying. What were they thinking? They were just playing defensive shots when they could've atleast tried to rotate the strike. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. You don't have to play cricket in international level for 10 years to figure it out. I seriously think one of the following happened; either they completely gave up or there is some sort of internal issues in the team. The other possibility is ofcourse they thought they could score 12-15 runs per over in last 5 overs in powerplay. Go figure!!!

dolcevita
March 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
Really feeling bad to watch them playing K pieterson like Murali
Pathetic stuff , brainless : Naeem was catch in long of , why this idiot doesn't tzke PP ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

ma_o_mati
March 6, 2010, 05:58 PM
you get out after trying and putting up a fight is understandable...but these two in the last two odi's just killed the match...if shuvo didn't score those 4's and 6's in the second odi, we wouldn't have 260 score...and 3rd odi...chasing 284 u bloke and play like test...you're kidding me...and chokka nayeem is the biggest joke eva...useless..we r not playing zimbabwe my friend....hit the damn ball..don't be a coward

The_Yorker
March 6, 2010, 06:34 PM
What about Imrul- 17 runs with strike rate of 56.66. Is that acceptable?

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 06:39 PM
People are just being too hard on these 2..yes their approach was questionable but everyone has off games..in a lot of matches they have delivered while our top order batsmen failed..so we cant expect them 2 perform all the time..

dolcevita
March 6, 2010, 07:00 PM
People are just being too hard on these 2..yes their approach was questionable but everyone has off games..in a lot of matches they have delivered while our top order batsmen failed..so we cant expect them 2 perform all the time..

mate its not about their performance , but about their approach...they block every ball 40th over...

Gowza
March 6, 2010, 07:09 PM
naeem has always had performances like this in the national, he's always been a bit inconsistent with his approach. riyad also at times had some issues with approach but it seemed like he found a way past them in the india series.

these 2 are still better than anyone else who isn't already in the team.

fais
March 6, 2010, 07:22 PM
i am not yet sure about naeem but riyad is just not suited to play that low down, he needs to come up the line-up so that he can play out the middle overs

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:52 PM
Come on guys, Riyad and Nayeem are both doing quite fine.
about the 3rd odi, I believe they wanted to leave 80 runs in the last 8, and then go from there. The chase never took off. But it will be harsh to say they played for themselves and etc. People who are trying to undermine Riyad's batting ability should look at his recent 100 against NZ in NZ. Where the ball swings/seams 20 times more than any Bangladeshi wicket. And he is one of our finest batsmen at this moment, he just did not click on Friday.
And Nayeem is a really handy player, his bowling is getting better, and his batting is decent as well. And everyone should know its not easy to just walk in and hit bowlers for 6s in international cricket.
I say no need to blame these guys, they will surely do better in future, as they have showed capability in the past.

well, the match where Riadh scored the 100 was the flatest pitch NZ has ever produced. not a pitch were ball was seaming 20 times.

i know both naeem an riadh are capable players. there was no question of riadhs capabilty in those innings in the triseries.
45(47) against SL
60*(45) against india
24*(24)against SL
64*(80) against india
the top 3 innings came when he came to bat and the need was accelerate and he done nicely.
4th game BD were 95-5 so he had to repair for a long time

also look at naeem in that triseres
22*(14) against SL
14*(15) against india
5(3) agaisnt SL
22*(14) against india

we never had doubt at their capabilty. they were capable to win us that game. but they never showed an intention to approach or were having a bad approach

SMHasan
March 7, 2010, 01:36 PM
It has just proven the fact that neither Mahmudullah nor Naeem can bat against quality seam bowling.

But the fact is that it was Petersen who was bowling in the batting PP when we needed to lift the RR :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

cricman
October 5, 2010, 01:30 AM
What about Imrul- 17 runs with strike rate of 56.66. Is that acceptable?

7 months later same still talking bout the same Crap

RazabQ
October 5, 2010, 01:33 AM
Naeem and Riyadh have to go from the ODI team. No ifs and buts. Bring back Aftab if needed.

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 01:36 AM
Turds.

desirocker
October 5, 2010, 01:43 AM
mamdu and naimma form er a ki obostha?

_Rafi_
October 5, 2010, 01:51 AM
"Chokka Nayeem" is replacing bagdhara "kana cheler nam podmo lochon".

yaseer
October 5, 2010, 01:51 AM
Riyad ans specially Nayeem cost us the match today. We could have easily reached 250+

Razi
October 5, 2010, 01:54 AM
The two most selfish and gutless players Bangladesh has ever produced!

yaseer
October 5, 2010, 01:55 AM
oopss wrong thread!! Sorry

Shocky
October 5, 2010, 01:55 AM
Shobce kharap lage ei dui gadhar shot khelar intension e thake na...khub kharap lagtese...khub :-( dollar koi?? Dollar mahmud tumi koi?? Nayeem gadhar jaigai ore dorkar...dollar koi?

yaseer
October 5, 2010, 01:57 AM
Riyad+ Nayeem show is not over. They have 10 more overs to bowl. Watch out for that too!!! bhua player 2 ta!!

Nafis 1718
October 5, 2010, 02:01 AM
Riyad Nayeem and Kayes shld be out of the team...bring in Jahirul,ASH(lmao) nd Nazimuddin.

Rabz
October 5, 2010, 02:04 AM
Very dissapointed by their batting today.
Still chance to pick up their game in this series...

Murad
October 5, 2010, 02:10 AM
They did the same in Asia cup and in England.

Equinox
October 5, 2010, 02:11 AM
Get these losers out. I've had enough.

inspyr9
October 5, 2010, 02:14 AM
ash and kapali in place of these two

Habib
October 5, 2010, 02:21 AM
Bring in Jahirul.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 02:38 AM
i say let naeem play another match or so but pls pls pls for God's sake take this retard riyad out of the team!

Rabz
October 5, 2010, 05:07 AM
Oh, nayeem makes up a little bit.
Takes vet's prized wicket

simon
October 5, 2010, 05:42 AM
Bring in Jahirul.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

ya right,atleast Jahu won't play only for his avrge.

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 06:13 AM
Credit goes to Nayeem to for his bowling.......HE IS SO UNDERRATED AS A BOWLER HERE.

SEE MY POST IN PAGE 2/3(in the MT).I WANTED HIM IN THE TEAM AS A BOWLER BUT HE DIDNT DISSAPOINT ME:FANFLAG:

Riyad, will u improve?

mij
October 5, 2010, 06:49 AM
As I alway said Mahmudullah is waste of time in ODI, he should only play Test match. So please no Mahmudullah for ODI's

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:06 AM
Credit goes to Nayeem to for his bowling.......HE IS SO UNDERRATED AS A BOWLER HERE.

SEE MY POST IN PAGE 2/3(in the MT).I WANTED HIM IN THE TEAM AS A BOWLER BUT HE DIDNT DISSAPOINT ME:FANFLAG:

Riyad, will u improve?

Props to you bro..ya he's become a very solid bowler and I have to say that he can make the team solely on his bowling..he's been 1 of our best bowlers against G8 teams and it just shows if we can use his batting talents correctly then he's a world class batsman in the making..as for Riyad, he needs to be out..he's great for tests no doubt and I hope he's just selected for tests..no way he can be a finisher or be a regular bowler in ODIs..its obvious he's out of form so let him sit and lets try someone else..

simon
October 5, 2010, 07:08 AM
considering the performance Ryad shld be dropped & Jahu shld be given a chance.

cricket_king
October 5, 2010, 07:23 AM
I have no clue as to why Jahurul was dropped in the first place. Stupid selection.

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:25 AM
I have no clue as to why Jahurul was dropped in the first place. Stupid selection.

Was surprised to see that as well..he should replace Riyad next match since Riyad seemed to be the weakest link from today's match..

M.H.Rubel
October 5, 2010, 07:32 AM
Definately Naeem is always a better bowler than Riyad in ODI.I stated it earlier several times.Riyad is not a full time bowler in international standard.If we want to play with 8 batsman in that case todays bowling attack formula is the best formula.2 pacers+2 SLA+1 offi+1 part timer.

M.H.Rubel
October 5, 2010, 07:39 AM
Was surprised to see that as well..he should replace Riyad next match since Riyad seemed to be the weakest link from today's match..

As we most of the time play with 8 batsman and 4 bowlers,it creat lot of pressure on bowlers.Probably this was one of the criteria of selecting Riyad to use his part time bowling.Unless we play with 5 bowlers i think we ll have to rely on Riyad or some one else to mitigate the lack the shortage of one bowler.

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:44 AM
As we most of the time play with 8 batsman and 4 bowlers,it creat lot of pressure on bowlers.Probably this was one of the criteria of selecting Riyad to use his part time bowling.Unless we play with 5 bowlers i think we ll have to rely on Riyad or some one else to mitigate the lack the shortage of one bowler.

Well it looks like Naeem has got his position locked in now and then Shakib and Razzak are in there..then we have our 2 pacers..Naeem should honestly be our #7 batsman and we should drop Riyad..having both of the same players is completely pointless..

beshideshi
October 5, 2010, 07:58 AM
I don't think Riyad is a horrible player and must be out of the team, I think he is asked to fill in a spot which he really shouldn't be. You can't ask a genuine #4,5 to come in at #7 and start playing against his natural instinct. He should bat at #4/5, if there are better players there[Rakib, Jahurul] then he must wait for his chances. Ghora ke jotoi jorajuri koro, o kintu dim parbe na.

Trigger_Tiger
October 5, 2010, 08:00 AM
Naeem and Riyadh have to go from the ODI team. No ifs and buts. Bring back Aftab if needed.

And that is pretty much like shooting yourself in the head instead of just shooting yourself in the foot!

Trigger_Tiger
October 5, 2010, 08:05 AM
ash and kapali in place of these two

Neither will score more than 12 in the current international scenario.

If you want Mahmudullah to score, then bring him 2nd down! Naeem can be brought in after Shakib AKA 6 down!

Naeem is a handy ODI bowlers and a good pinch hitter when circumstances favor, so sidelining him most of the time is running with 3/4 tank of gas in my opinion.

Mahmudullah is good on his day and situation. But as I said, he is a vital player who SERIOUSLY needs to come way up the batting order before any of us judge him whether it be good or bad!

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 08:07 AM
I don't think Riyad is a horrible player and must be out of the team, I think he is asked to fill in a spot which he really shouldn't be. You can't ask a genuine #4,5 to come in at #7 and start playing against his natural instinct. He should bat at #4/5, if there are better players there[Rakib, Jahurul] then he must wait for his chances. Ghora ke jotoi jorajuri koro, o kintu dim parbe na.

He's a 5/6 batsman primarily..thats where he batted in domestics..thats why he should prove he's better at that position..he's a lower middle order batsman..and he's not a terrible batsman..he's just not great for ODIs..his domestic stats always showed he was a much stronger batsman in FCs then List A's..the fact is he needs time at the crease before he can score but at 5/6 you won't have a lot of time to score..so thats why he's better for tests then ODIs..

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
Riyad and Naeem are not lower order batsman. They are both top order batsmans who happen to know how to ball a bit. That's as far as it gets. Team management trying to make something out of nothing will not work.

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 08:51 AM
Their batting was not good. Specially Mahmudullah's was disappointing.

M.H.Rubel
October 5, 2010, 08:52 AM
If Riyad is not that much standard we r looking for then we need to have a replacement there.I dont see any better replacement ready now to replace Riyad now.Lot can name Jahurul but still his list A stats are not good at all and we need to remember that its very difficult to bat at no 7.More over we need to remember that he did very well in last january in Dhaka.He is not doing too bad in that place,specially as we dont have any good replacement for him i dont see any changes shortly.

roman
October 5, 2010, 10:19 AM
^^ Johurul is a much better batsman than many many others in the current squad. His mindset is very positive, he plays for the team. Just curious Rubel Vai..did you get a chance to look into Johurul's Stats? If not please check the stats of Johurul.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/player/55944.html

M.H.Rubel
October 5, 2010, 10:38 AM
^^ Johurul is a much better batsman than many many others in the current squad. His mindset is very positive, he plays for the team. Just curious Rubel Vai..did you get a chance to look into Johurul's Stats? If not please check the stats of Johurul.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/player/55944.html

After playing so many ODI in #7 still Riyad have better list A stats than Jahurul.

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:21 AM
These 2 need to go period. If there were anyone except them, we couldve easily reached 250........I saw Naeem bat yesterday. In slog over that dumb **** juts play it back to bowler.....WTF!

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
The thing with both of them is that all they had do was just get off strike and give as much strike to Shakib as possible since he was in the middle for a while..they didn't even need to go for boundaries..instead they just blocked..especially Naeem..it was just painful to watch..the players should know these basics of the game by now..but their still making the same mistakes..

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:42 AM
Thats why we need a slogger here.......Nizumuddin, Alok, Aftab even Ash would do a better job. If u guiss are looking for one bowler, than Shuvo or even Dolar who can slog better than half of our team

magic boy
October 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
Just watched live talk show featuring selector Akram Khan and ex captain Habibul Bashar. None of them think Aftab may come back. Akram informed Aftab was given every possibility to take part in month long practice but he himself denied.

Fazal
October 5, 2010, 12:14 PM
Four things that I didn't like about today's BD batting (and the line-up).

1. Imrul followed by Junaid followed by Rakib, all relatively slow batsman. This kind for three slow batting one after another will pretty much kill any hopes of winning (batting first) and giving our bolwers any realistic chance to win. To me, today was an exception rather than a norm and our bowlers made a win out of almost nothing. I think this lineup is based on the assumption that most of the time our batting will collapse. However, I think either Juniad or Rakibul bat at #3 (but not both one after another) and Jahirul/Mushfiq/Riyad or even Naim (with a question Mark) can play similar role that Rakibul is playing at #4. Plus they have the potential to end up having better RR at the end of their batting.

2. Playing Riyad and Naim at the slogging overs is a mistake based on their recent track record. Riyad needs time to build his inning. If he plays he need to play early so that he can build his (as well as BD) innings in the middle and end up with some slog and good RR. Naim with the bat is a mystery to me. He used to play his role in slogging overs, but looks like he is off-form with his bat now a day. In his good days, he was better than a lower end batsman. But for now definitely is doing a bad job as a slogger. It make sense to bring mashrafee and Saiful ahead of Naim when we are in slogging overs. We need to be flexible enough to shuffle a bit in batting order based on how the innings is progressing.

3. Not selectecting Jahirul. We should have selected either Junaid or Rakib not both. And Jahirul should bat at #4 or #5. He is a reliable batsman with decent RR. Dropping Jahirul doesn’t make sense at all.

4. Except for Sakib and SN, all of the other front end batsman couldn't stay longer and accelerate their RR even after spent some overs and established their footing and foundation with slow RR. Only Mashrafee played his slogger role well.
But at the end, we won the game. So somehow it worked out fine. So as long as we are winning, whatever question I raise, really doesn’t matter much... at least as long as we are winning.

auntu
October 5, 2010, 01:26 PM
Riyad was totally down today.

al Furqaan
October 5, 2010, 01:55 PM
Sad to say but Riyadh and naeem are not up to the task. Whether it's their fault or siddons' they shud be dropped ASAP.

I think bringing back AAA for the WC as specialist pinch bitters may be our only option...who else can score faster than those 3 idiots?

MarufH
October 5, 2010, 02:04 PM
I say bring in Shuvagoto for Zim series.

nycpro96
October 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
I was always a big fan of Naeem and I always say that he should bat up the order. His bowling was never terrible and he always had a decent economy rate too.