PDA

View Full Version : SALHUDDIN reapointed BD fielding coach

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:50 PM
Salahuddin have been reappointed as BD fielding coach. on emergency basis. thats a good news. he has started training with BD team at mirpur.

well lets hope the much needed catching and fielding now improves.

Anher
March 6, 2010, 10:54 PM
Some good news at last.

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 11:05 PM
he could have been our bowling coach and we should get fielding coach from SAF

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 11:37 PM
Thank GOD we have one once again!

bujhee kom
March 6, 2010, 11:41 PM
Thank Allah, it is indeed a very goiod news!

One World
March 7, 2010, 12:00 AM
what happened to time-page

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 12:02 AM
BCB doing their best impressions of headless chooks.

mafizraju
March 7, 2010, 12:15 AM
BCB doing their best impressions of headless chooks.

BCB is the headless chooks them selves for taking out salahuddin at the first place

Go_Bangladesh
March 7, 2010, 12:24 AM
how come he is in mirpur, isnt the team in Chitagong

cricman
March 7, 2010, 12:48 AM
how come he is in mirpur, isnt the team in Chitagong

no the team is in Dhaka

magic boy
March 7, 2010, 12:50 AM
Lets see...whether our fielding gets really improved or not.

kmasum
March 7, 2010, 01:49 AM
Finally a good news
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:17 AM
My question is WHY HE WAS FIRED
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

tiger_army
March 7, 2010, 03:46 AM
My question is WHY HE WAS FIRED

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Because there are few morons in BCB.
Can we bring back Saber Hossain as BCB president?
Only this guy can improve our cricket.....Those Lobi, coconut, Letus ruined our cricket...

fais
March 7, 2010, 03:49 AM
we were dropping catches when he was coach and we dropped catches when he isnt
so don't rlly see an improvement

One World
March 7, 2010, 03:55 AM
What happened to Jhonty Rhodes(ia)

alibangali
March 7, 2010, 06:26 AM
a fielding coach needs to be more permanent. couple of days of training before a test match will not make a huge difference Hopefully he stays on for a long time.

cricket_king
March 7, 2010, 06:35 AM
Any sources?

Anyway, that's probably good news. Fielding has just died since he left, though it wasn't much better while he was around.

yaseer
March 7, 2010, 06:37 AM
As far as I remember, one of the reason (if not only) of him being fired was that he does not have good personality. Has he done some course on that to get a call back? Or BCB is admitting that they have done mistakes by sacking him in the first place.

Purbasha T
March 7, 2010, 06:57 AM
Not that he would do wonders in 2-3 days, but he's loved by all the players. And having one more person of their choice around them means more happiness, satisfactions, relaxation (and all the other good words). :)

Now, does emergency basis mean that he's only appointed for this tour only?

FagunerAgun
March 7, 2010, 09:27 AM
Seems to me someone from BCB reads BC posts and comprehended what they, BCB guys, are.
Regret for the some losses in the past: some good catches could have brought some positive results for us.

fwullah
March 7, 2010, 10:04 AM
Salahuddin has been appointed as Kalpage's (or another SL fielding coach? Can't remember his name) contract with BCB is coming to an end and BCB is currently under-staffed in the trainer/coaches' area.

auntu
March 7, 2010, 10:43 AM
So the Morons (BCB) proved again that they are really morons.
Good for the Tigers.

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 09:47 AM
Well it's okay for now, but I still think we need a good fielding coach. Our fielding is a national embarrassment.

zainab
March 8, 2010, 01:25 PM
Well it's okay for now, but I still think we need a good fielding coach. Our fielding is a national embarrassment.

I agree, they have not really improved under his coaching, maybe, he is not using the right techniques, and if he is too chummy with the players, then he would not push them hard. They need a new coach with new ideas and technique. They will not improve under this coach, because he has nothing new to teach them.
IMO, their catching is quite embarrassing, I wonder if the coach replays the videos and points out to them their weakness, they need to catch more balls at the boundary.

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 01:37 PM
I agree, they have not really improved under his coaching, maybe, he is not using the right techniques, and if he is too chummy with the players, then he would not push them hard. They need a new coach with new ideas and technique. They will not improve under this coach, because he has nothing new to teach them.
IMO, their catching is quite embarrassing, I wonder if the coach replays the videos and points out to them their weakness, they need to catch more balls at the boundary.

If Salahuddin was such a good fielding coach in the first place, then how is it that the team dropped catches after he left? I mean just because you lose your fielding coach, doesn't mean you forget how to catch. If Siddons left Bangladesh, would Tamim Iqbal forget how to score runs and average 5 after he left? No. I don't think Salahuddin is that good because even while he was there, our fielding wasn't that good anyways, but after he left our poor fielding was highlighted even further with the numerous amount of spills. I think it's time for us to get a strict and disciplined fielding coach, we need someone who will get tough. The boys need to know that poor fielding is unacceptable at International cricket. We would save so much runs from more accurate and quicker throws to the keeper, more dives, being able to hold on to catches. We would create pressure and ultimately gain more wickets. I think we would save at least 15 runs per match if it wasn't for poor fielding.