PDA

View Full Version : Tigers still learning to roar

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 09:05 AM
Nobody could have predicted back in 2000 that a format of the game designed to capitalise on long English summer evenings could have mushroomed into the same format that has Bollywood superstars falling over themselves to get involved with.

But if the Noughties will be regarded as the decade in which cricket discovered Twenty20, it's also coming up to the 10th anniversary of Bangladesh's bow as a Test-playing nation. Their record reads like this: played 64, won three, drawn six, lost 55.

It's not exactly the most compelling run of results. And if we really wanted to twist the knife we could attach some mighty great asterisks to those three victories.

Written by Oliver Brett

In order to view the full article plus an insight by Athar Ali Khan see http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/oliverbrett/2010/03/bangladesh_blog.html

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 09:09 AM
You can also find the interview by Atahar Ali Khan on the website.

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 09:38 AM
"We would like the Indian board to be better stewards of the game. The top two first-class sides in Bangladesh should be invited to perform in an Indian first-class tournament, with perhaps top sides from Pakistan and Sri Lanka invited as well.

"We also need way, way more A tours to close the gap between our feeble first-class standards and the big leagues."

after the end of the season the with the top performers of the season A team, B team and may be two age group teams of u-23 and u-19 should be formed and then these teams should go to tours or play in the domestic FC leaugue of better countries. this would give these player an opportunity to taste better quality cricket and realize how good they are

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 09:42 AM
after the end of the season the with the top performers of the season A team, B team and may be two age group teams of u-23 and u-19 should be formed and then these teams should go to tours or play in the domestic FC leaugue of better countries. this would give these player an opportunity to taste better quality cricket and realize how good they are

Yeah sounds like a good idea. There should be a club format arranged where the best teams from each country play in a tournament. Kinda like the champions league.

Is it not possible to arrange an NCL All Stars v National Team match. It would be interesting to see which of the NCL players would perform against better quality opposition.

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2010, 10:30 AM
Ah, so the article finally came out.

oliver_bbc
March 8, 2010, 10:44 AM
thanks for promoting this guys! Wow, that was quick work. Do you mind if I post a direct link to the full article, with the Athar Ali Khan interview embedded,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/oliverbrett/2010/03/bangladesh_blog.html

Please put comments on that blog if you can! (And I will be very keen to read the responses, and will answer as many questions, criticisms etc as you have)

RazabQ
March 8, 2010, 12:38 PM
Oliver, good use of the quotes :) Why don't you guys have a Share this capability so we can post to Twitter, FaceBook, etc?

auntu
March 8, 2010, 12:51 PM
Nice article. Ends with hope.
Choudhury sab nice quotes. :)

Farhad
March 8, 2010, 01:01 PM
Tiger_Manc, maybe you should shorten the quote of the article and post a link to the actual piece. It is a lot of hard work you know... Best to let his page get the hits :)

Good work Oliver :up:

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 01:11 PM
You mean most of the quotes at the top of the article? The stuff most of us know anyway? I'll do that now.

Farhad
March 8, 2010, 01:15 PM
You mean most of the quotes at the top of the article? The stuff most of us know anyway? I'll do that now.

Nah, its alright. Razab already did it for you. It was the entire article, not the quotes. I could have been a little clearer I suppose. What I meant was, provide just a snippet of the article to draw people in, and then provide a link to the rest of the article...

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 01:19 PM
Nah, its alright. Razab already did it for you. It was the entire article, not the quotes. I could have been a little clearer I suppose. What I meant was, provide just a snippet of the article to draw people in, and then provide a link to the rest of the article...

Aaaah I see. Erm, well I edited it slightly.

RazabQ
March 8, 2010, 01:22 PM
Tsk Tsk Tiger Manc - we encourage people to not post articles in their entirety here - it's good netiquette ...

Farhad
March 8, 2010, 01:23 PM
Aaaah I see. Erm, well I edited it slightly.

Woops. No, thats not what I meant. Maybe you should change it back. Heres what you should do:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Insert your own thoughts here (if you want to, of course)]
Nobody could have predicted back in 2000 that a format of the game designed to capitalise on long English summer evenings could have mushroomed into the same format that has Bollywood superstars falling over themselves to get involved with.

But if the Noughties will be regarded as the decade in which cricket discovered Twenty20, it's also coming up to the 10th anniversary of Bangladesh's bow as a Test-playing nation. Their record reads like this: played 64, won three, drawn six, lost 55.

It's not exactly the most compelling run of results. And if we really wanted to twist the knife we could attach some mighty great asterisks to those three victories.

Written by Oliver Brett

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 01:24 PM
Tsk Tsk Tiger Manc - we encourage people to not post articles in their entirety here - it's good netiquette ...

Oh right. I didn't realise that sorry.

Tiger Manc
March 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
Woops. No, thats not what I meant. Maybe you should change it back. Heres what you should do:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Insert your own thoughts here (if you want to, of course)]

Thanks for the tutorial. I've edited it. I'll do it that way next time.

auntu
March 8, 2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the tutorial. I've edited it. I'll do it that way next time.
Good job. Just Wrap the text with this code: [QUOTE][/QUOTE ]
:)

Fazal
March 8, 2010, 03:40 PM
Tiger roars.... mew mew meeew...

fais
March 8, 2010, 05:26 PM
we are the Bangladeshi pussycats, we have a while to go before we become tigers