PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful out from the test squad.

tiger_2007
March 9, 2010, 03:23 AM
According to Daily Prothom Alo, 13 memeber test squad is announced with Ashrafool being kept out of the squad.

al-Sagar
March 9, 2010, 03:40 AM
not the biggest surprise at all

Bangladesh 14 man squad Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Aftab Ahmed, Mahmudullah, Raqibul Hasan, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Enamul Haque Jr, Shahadat Hossain.

Ahmed_B
March 9, 2010, 04:42 AM
Mod.edit: Thread title edited: its 'Ashraful'..not 'Ashrafool'. Taking too much zeal in mockery is not really good!

magic boy
March 9, 2010, 05:21 AM
here's already a thread on test squad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32701). why to open another thread being over hyped for a player out of form?

also There's an official thread for Mohammad Ashraful Matin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=25682), btw.

zainab
March 9, 2010, 07:33 AM
I am pretty sure that many of Ash's haters are delirious at this news, but is Aftab and Junaid better prospects than him? Time will tell, but I pray that Ash regains his composure and form and join the team once again. i am sure that BCB is very sad about this.

Bruno
March 9, 2010, 11:28 AM
here's already a thread on test squad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32701). why to open another thread being over hyped for a player out of form?

also There's an official thread for Mohammad Ashraful Matin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=25682), btw.

Hate knows no threads. Hatin is an art, not a science. You could hate anywhere about anyone.
When it comes to ash, the hate is muah! delicious. As a hate connoisseur, I enjoy the subtleties of hate on display.

so please, before I whip some of you tricksters, tricks, trick *** sugurplums and ponies...please HATE HATE HATE!

Tiger444
March 9, 2010, 02:46 PM
I am pretty sure that many of Ash's haters are delirious at this news, but is Aftab and Junaid better prospects than him? Time will tell, but I pray that Ash regains his composure and form and join the team once again. i am sure that BCB is very sad about this.

It's very unfortunate that ash has been performing this bad in the test arena..he seems 2 have gotten worse actually in the longer version..he is still 1 of our only true matchwinners in our team so the guy definitely has talent but his stats are just embarrassing..having an avg of only a 22 in test cricket after 51 matches is absolutely pathetic..whats worse is he has only 5 centuries and 7 half centuries and yet he kept on getting match after match..we have no choice but 2 try out different players..im sure players like shuvogoto, jahurul, marshal and farhad can do better then ash..we arent at the stage where we have 2 rely on ash's blue moon performance..he is still very young at 25 so he can improve his overall game and come back..he just needs 2 score more consistently..actually i think zunaed is pretty similar 2 ash..5 half centuries in 14 tests is very good..thats almost more then ash in 37 less tests..so at the rate zunaed is going he can easily overtake the amount of half centuries he has..ya he doesnt have the centuries in his name but give him a bit more time and i think he will be a fine test batsman 4 us..he is under pressure tho 2 perform..aftab however is no better then ash..an FC average of a 26 and 32 avg in the NCL is just terrible..and in tests, 15 tests and only 1 half century is really poor..worse thing about him is he is not a test prospect..yet we give him chances in tests..we need 2 try out more players then aftab..replacing a non performer with another non performer isnt going 2 good 4 the team..

bujhee kom
March 9, 2010, 09:30 PM
I think it is a dark, rather a very sad day for Bangladesh cricket that Ash is not part of the current playing team.

But he needs this rest/time off for concentrating on how to to get his form back on and doing a lot of self-analysis, and in the process re-discovering himself again! I wish him all the best and my and many many fellow cricket lovers prayers and good wish will be with Ash and we are looking forward to that day when he returns and returns in style!

One World
March 9, 2010, 11:51 PM
This is no wonder, I wish him all the best.

tiger_2007
March 10, 2010, 02:04 AM
Ashraful needs rest for a while. He needs to sit back and relax a bit. We all want this genius to play to his potential. Sometimes, I dream of a double century from this little master. But, he has been consistently failing in the recent time, thus causing a great damage to team’s spirit. We need a fit Mashrafee along with an in-form Ahsraful.

zainab
March 10, 2010, 06:28 PM
I feel that Ash should really be a bowling allrounder. He himself saif that he loves to bowl. It is by accident that he became a batsman.