PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. England, 1st Test, at Chittagong (ZACS), March 12-16, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

kalpurush
March 9, 2010, 03:24 AM
The Tigers (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/squad/451250.html) vs. The Bulldogs (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/squad/444879.html)
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/shakib-1.gif?t=1268253352
Time (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_BD.aspx) Date (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/series/426373.html) Venue (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind2010/content/ground/56658.html) Weather (http://ca.weather.yahoo.com/forecast/BGXX0002.html) Live Scores (http://tigercricket.com/) BC Coverage (http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2010/INT/ENG_IN_BD/)

Anher
March 9, 2010, 03:26 AM
Good luck Bangladesh.

Welcome back Obayed bhai :-). Such a beautiful work.

al-Sagar
March 9, 2010, 03:34 AM
Three left-arm spinners in 14-man squad (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/451246.html)

Bangladesh's most-capped cricketer, Mohammad Ashraful, has been omitted from the Test squad for the forthcoming series against England, after failing to convince the selectors that he is in the right frame of mind to resume his international career.

Ashraful, 25, missed last week's ODI series in a bid to recapture his form following a poor tour of New Zealand, but in consecutive first-class matches for Dhaka Division, he made 21 runs in four innings, including three ducks.

His final chance to impress the selectors came during his captaincy stint for Bangladesh A against England at Chittagong, but having managed just 1 in the first innings, he was bowled by Amjal Shahzad for 30 on the third and final morning of the match.

Ashraful has played in 53 of Bangladesh's 64 Tests to date, having made his mark with a debut century against Sri Lanka in November 2001, when he was just 16 years old. However, he has never yet featured in a home Test against England, having been dropped for the 2003 series, again due to a loss of form.

The Bangladesh selectors have named a 14-man squad which includes the centurion from the warm-up match, Raqibul Hasan, as well as no fewer than three left-arm spinners - the captain Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak and Enamul Haque Jr - in response to Kevin Pietersen's much-publicised problems against that style of bowling.

Ironically, Pietersen fell to Ashraful's legspin for 20 on the final afternoon of the tour match.

Bangladesh squad Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Aftab Ahmed, Mahmudullah, Raqibul Hasan, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Enamul Haque Jr, Shahadat Hossain.

Naimul_Hd
March 9, 2010, 04:02 AM
Bangladesh have potential to Test tourists, says Athers

http://img.skysports.com/09/07/134x100/Atherton-800_2324225.jpg

We expected no less than a 3-0 one-day scoreline to England and that's what transpired, with the tourists rounding matters off with a resounding victory in Chittagong.

In the grand scheme of things this result won't reverberate around the game.

But equally people would be wrong to be dismissive and say 'England have only beaten Bangladesh'.

The home side had their moments in all three games - the problem was there simply weren't enough of them.

Bangladesh are a young squad and at times their inexperience and naivety stopped them taking advantage when they could have exploited a weakness.

I've no doubt that will change with time and as the likes of Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan develop.

There is an undoubted passion for cricket in Bangladesh, an enthusiasm and level of interest that can only bode well for the future.

With such fervour amongst a population of upwards of 150 million, there should be no shortage of talent to choose from in the years ahead.

read : http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12079_6004653,00.html#ss-bookmark

magic boy
March 9, 2010, 06:06 AM
InshAllah....there will be blood!!(Shahadat) no mercy for The English(Rubel).....Tigers roaring(Shakib)..[বাংলা]আআআআক্রমন !![/বাংলা] :p

auntu
March 9, 2010, 08:15 AM
[বাংলা]ধন্যবাদ ওবায়েদ ভাই। কি চমৎকার দেখালেন!

জুনায়েদের অন্তর্ভূক্তি বোধকরি ব্যাকআপ ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবে। সত্যিকারের কোয়ালিটি স্লো লেফট আর্ম বোলার এনামুলের অন্তর্ভুক্তি কিছুটা বিস্ময়করই বটে! আশাকরি সেটিও ব্যাকআপ হিসেবে ধরা হয়েছে। নাহয় সত্যিকারের কোয়ালিটি স্লো লেফট আর্ম বোলারের নিরন্তর লং হপ ডেলিভারী নিদারুণ বেদনার জন্ম দিবে।

এবার ইংলিশ লোথা খোকাদের নাকের পানি চোখের পানি এক করার পালা। [/বাংলা]

abu2abu
March 9, 2010, 08:38 AM
It's good to see enamul in the squad. He must have been feeling pretty low over the last year or so especially have gone to play for Maharashtra and struggling to take wickets there.

Since then, he's been more of a regular (even playing a few ODIs) and has started bowling with real confidence. I hope now he can start living up to his true potential.

There's a chance that all 3 spinners will play (shakib, razzak and enamul) but I think it's more likely that only two of these will play and mahmudullah (and possibly naeem too) will support them. If picking only 2, my guess is enamul will get the nod to partner shakib ahead of razzak

It might be tempting to call up shuvo, but when we're playing England and with the abundance of SLAs we have, surely it's wiser not to call up a rookie.

Bangladesh will have to play out of their skins, but I think a win is possible...

beshideshi
March 9, 2010, 08:52 AM
I actually fancy a win for Bangladesh, IF BD can set a target of 250+ in the 4th innings.
I honestly believe our attack at this moment is capable of scalping 20 British[and Irish, South African and Caribbean] wickets. But in order to record a win, we need at least 2 big innings in the game, and a total of minimum 650.

abu2abu
March 9, 2010, 09:08 AM
Also, let's not forget about shahadat.

Sure, he's not half as fast as he thinks he is, is absurdly expensive in ODIs and his line and length often goes awry. But when he gets his tale up and bowls with agression he's our most potent seamer.

We all (quite rightly) extol the virtues of Mashrafe. But for all his heroics, Mash has never taken a test 5-fer. Shahadat has done this 3 times and against decent sides too.

Don't get me wrong, I think an in-form Mashrafe is a blessing for BD, I'm just pointing out that Shahadat can be a real threat too...

fais
March 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
It's good to see enamul in the squad. He must have been feeling pretty low over the last year or so especially have gone to play for Maharashtra and struggling to take wickets there.

Since then, he's been more of a regular (even playing a few ODIs) and has started bowling with real confidence. I hope now he can start living up to his true potential.

There's a chance that all 3 spinners will play (shakib, razzak and enamul) but I think it's more likely that only two of these will play and mahmudullah (and possibly naeem too) will support them. If picking only 2, my guess is enamul will get the nod to partner shakib ahead of razzak

It might be tempting to call up shuvo, but when we're playing England and with the abundance of SLAs we have, surely it's wiser not to call up a rookie.

Bangladesh will have to play out of their skins, but I think a win is possible...

shuvo may be a rookie but if he is an effective rookie, than i wud prefer him over enamul, whose experience has counted for very little when it comes to taking wickets.

sadi
March 9, 2010, 09:33 AM
Here is my XI:

Tamim, Imrul, Junaed, Rakibul, Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Naeem, Shahadat, Rubel, Enamul.

The_Yorker
March 9, 2010, 09:57 AM
With Aftab, Imrul, Enamul and Razzak, I don't know how Bangladesh can even think about a decent score. This is the most ridiculous squad recently been selected in test. You want the best 11, not the best 11 whom selectors wish and pray could score so that they can justify their inclusions. Ask yourself, is this the best 11 we have? Forget about rookie, all the players are rookies in BD team. I will have 4 rookies than Razzak's 80 average in test, Enamul's no wicket stats in last first class and ODI matches, Aftab's poor performance, Imrul's test and first class average. Is this the best we got? I am asking you.

mac
March 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
Its now or never!!!!!

AK420
March 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
I think Raqibul will take over from Zunaid. He played excellent in the practice match. He might not have a good record in test(not even in odi) he should be able to play considerably well for the team.
Naeem might have been selected but I don't think he has much experience.
Its good to see Razzaq and Enamul in the test squad. I think the selectors have done a decent job.
Inshallah :flag: WILL WIN.

The_Yorker
March 9, 2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah selectors have done a crapy job

Nocturnal
March 9, 2010, 10:53 AM
With Aftab, Imrul, Enamul and Razzak, I don't know how Bangladesh can even think about a decent score. This is the most ridiculous squad recently been selected in test. You want the best 11, not the best 11 whom selectors wish and pray could score so that they can justify their inclusions. Ask yourself, is this the best 11 we have? Forget about rookie, all the players are rookies in BD team. I will have 4 rookies than Razzak's 80 average in test, Enamul's no wicket stats in last first class and ODI matches, Aftab's poor performance, Imrul's test and first class average. Is this the best we got? I am asking you.

we do not have sachin or warne in our bench, period.!

abu2abu
March 9, 2010, 11:33 AM
shuvo may be a rookie but if he is an effective rookie, than i wud prefer him over enamul, whose experience has counted for very little when it comes to taking wickets.

You might be right. I agree that an effective rookie is better than an ineffective experienced player.

I think shuvo is a bright prospect. But we know enamul caused England trouble the last time they toured here. I'm hoping he will again in chittagong...

abu2abu
March 9, 2010, 11:39 AM

I'm afraid it might well be. You seem full of criticism, but offer no alternatives. Who would you like to see in the team?

Some talk aboout Foysol Hossain (Deccans), but surely his time has come and gone. Rajin saleh? Perhaps, but the likes of Junaid have achieved more in the past 2 years than rajin has managed in the last 5.

Hannan Sarkar? I think even he knows deep inside, he's probably not good enough. Or perhaps you'd like to see ash in the side, our most experienced player who (after over 50 tests and numerous ODIs) averages less than 25 with the bat in both forms of cricket?

Shahriar Nafees? The mighty slayer of the Australians, has done little of note against a major side since he scored that hundred against ponting's boys in 2006. A man who talks the talk, but can't even raise his game to score against England in a warm up match. Against India, he swished at a few, but never even got a start.

There maybe better batsmen out there. But if there are, no-one knows who they are yet. This, I think, genuinely is the best we have right now...

wiseshah
March 9, 2010, 11:41 AM
we do not have sachin or warne in our bench, period.!

Which country has sachin or warne in their bench, just curious
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

M.H.Rubel
March 9, 2010, 12:25 PM
I can see lot of hope in this match.Just worried about #3 batsman and 2nd spinner

Rabz
March 9, 2010, 12:35 PM
We've been losing for a while now.
Three months of non stop cricket and not a single win.
Hope we can turn things around.

Nocturnal
March 9, 2010, 01:17 PM
Which country has sachin or warne in their bench, just curious

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

umm! none.
reread yorker's post and hopefully you will get the point of my comment!!

Tiger Manc
March 9, 2010, 01:23 PM
Come on boys. I want to see England all out for less than 300.

auntu
March 9, 2010, 01:42 PM
We've been losing for a while now.
Three months of non stop cricket and not a single win.
Hope we can turn things around.
This is the dead fact.
We need some positive result.

Rifat
March 9, 2010, 02:17 PM
Welcome Back Kalpurush Bhai :) you were greatly missed :big_hug:

(i was thinking of opening this thread, but then i thought, it wouldn't be fair since Kalpurush bhai has been missing out in a long long time, it would be very unfair to him!!)

Only one formula for this test: WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

anything less: Dissapointing

Rifat
March 9, 2010, 02:18 PM
Golden opportunity for Enamul Haque Jr. to reclaim his fame!

kalpurush
March 9, 2010, 02:23 PM
Welcome back Obayed bhai :-). Such a beautiful work.

[বাংলা]ধন্যবাদ ওবায়েদ ভাই। কি চমৎকার দেখালেন!
[/বাংলা]

Welcome Back Kalpurush Bhai :) you were greatly missed :big_hug:

(i was thinking of opening this thread, but then i thought, it wouldn't be fair since Kalpurush bhai has been missing out in a long long time, it would be very unfair to him!!)
Very nice of you! :notworthy:

Only one formula for this test: WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

anything less: Dissapointing
Indeed. :)

nannu
March 9, 2010, 03:21 PM
my team:
Tamim Iqbal,
Imrul Kayes,
Raqibul Hasan,
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk),
Shakib Al Hasan (capt),
Mahmudullah,
Naeem Islam,
Rubel Hossain,
Shafiul Islam,
Abdur Razzak,
Enamul Haque Jr,

yes i want 3 sla.... if we want to create any kind of balling pressure.. this is the best option...
junaed is out of form and aftab will never be a test batsman... rubel/ shafiul are much better than shahadat...

nannu
March 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
faisal has the best batting style i have ever seen in any bd batsmen...

fais
March 9, 2010, 04:08 PM
it is really sad that the Faisal Hossain has not been given a chance after a great season

Purbasha T
March 9, 2010, 05:09 PM
Ki achanok dekha gelo!
KP bhai fire elo.
Shuta khule amod dilo.
Ki achanok dekha gelo.
Ashrafule dim dilo.

Eshen
March 9, 2010, 05:29 PM
I hope our KP's luck will turn soon , unlike the luck of the Saffer (pretending to be a Brit) KP .

WarWolf
March 9, 2010, 05:34 PM
Good work Obayed bhai.

Ashfaq
March 9, 2010, 05:46 PM
I hope our KP's great work annihilates their Kp's hope.

A lot hinges on our middle order and spinners. I miss Rafique now.

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2010, 05:48 PM
Bismillah.

Great thread as usual.

I hope our boys hold on to the catches that come their way.
+++
I am not satisfied with Shahadat opening the bowling and in 5/7 overs Shakib bringing in spinners. What is the use of this pacer if the wicket will not help? We need nightwatchman? Same with Shafiul or Rubel. This is a planning issue. Take four SLAs in the team. Make sure the curator and Mushi understands what is at stake. Take extra batsmen as well.

I know I am getting a little edgie. "Win" can only come if you plan properly and execute against opponents who are weak in spin bowling and strong in 120k sharapova bowling or leg side hit me bowling or as such. This is not English county pitch. Include four pacers there, I have no problem with that.

I don't think our pacers can win any session for us on this wicket which offers nothing to them. Please prove me wrong Shahadat, Shaiful and Rubel whoever plays. :(

Eshen
March 9, 2010, 06:11 PM
We can easily go with three SLAs by leaving out one from Zunaed and Aftab. Enamul is already working on his batting, he can prolly score enough runs to make up for the loss of one of those two batsmen. Razzak prolly can also do better with some net practice with bat.

Biggles
March 9, 2010, 06:12 PM
Bangladesh need to score a minimum 325 batting first and restrict England to under 300 if they bat first. If they do this they will have a slight chance. The only thing Bangladesh lack is the ability to apply pressure and sustain it. I think England will win but Bangladesh will have their moments in the match. I just can not see Bangladesh getting the full 20 wickets to cause England problems.

I could see England being shot out for a low total in first innings but scoring more in their second innings. Bangladesh must take their half chances or I can not see them challenging England in this match. I must admit that I think you have played well in ODI's even though 3-0 loss, But England are a much better Test team than ODI team so I worry for you.

England line up for me reading behind the seens here.

Trott
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Tredwell
Onions

That is a good line up considering Tredwell has a first class hundred to his name.

ahms
March 9, 2010, 06:43 PM

You forget to mention Junaid. And Imrul is more sound than Junaid and Aftab. I would pick Shuvo over Aftab. Shuvo will score better than Aftab at his best and added advantage is his spin attack.

nycpro96
March 9, 2010, 06:46 PM
Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
Raqibul
Mushfiq
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
Razzak
Enamul
Shafiul/Rubel

ahms
March 9, 2010, 06:46 PM
Bangladesh need to score a minimum 325 batting first and restrict England to under 300 if they bat first. If they do this they will have a slight chance. The only thing Bangladesh lack is the ability to apply pressure and sustain it. I think England will win but Bangladesh will have their moments in the match. I just can not see Bangladesh getting the full 20 wickets to cause England problems.

I could see England being shot out for a low total in first innings but scoring more in their second innings. Bangladesh must take their half chances or I can not see them challenging England in this match. I must admit that I think you have played well in ODI's even though 3-0 loss, But England are a much better Test team than ODI team so I worry for you.

Trott
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Tredwell
Onions

That is a good line up considering Tredwell has a first class hundred to his name.

I do not think Onions is playing. Steve Fin will replace him.

beshideshi
March 9, 2010, 07:17 PM
Enamul once toyed with the British A team batsmen at the start of his career. Does anyone know if anyone from that British team is playing in the current team?

Roni_uk
March 9, 2010, 08:10 PM
good luck Bangladesh.. although I will miss it :(....
great to see Rakibul included, sad to see Aftab and Junaid is also included.

chol_bd123
March 9, 2010, 08:34 PM
why is enamul playing. He has been largely unsuccessful in the last couple of years

Naimul_Hd
March 9, 2010, 08:44 PM

Trott
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Tredwell
Onions

kishob peyaj, roshun, pokki, baburchi, ghonta niya team banaiche....ei gula re uradhuna koire deya uchit ! :D

btw, english ra ki ar nam pay na...ei shob manush er nam hoy kemne !? :-/

yaseer
March 9, 2010, 08:55 PM
Trott
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Bresnan
Broard
Swann
Tredwell
Onions

That is a big tail to remove.
Cook and Colligwood will be the key. They handle spinners very well.

Zeeshan
March 9, 2010, 09:23 PM
kalpurushda is timothy leary of banglacricket....goodjob ;)

Haradhon
March 9, 2010, 10:00 PM
I do not think Onions is playing. Steve Fin will replace him.
Onion is not playing, Garlic is! Finn ......

Zobair
March 9, 2010, 10:08 PM
In his recent international appearances Enam Jnr appeared to be getting his confidence back...IMO he is a superior test bowler to Razzak! Jnr has a tendency to serve up half-trackers and release the pressure but he is also lot more attacking and is always looking to get batsmen out using variations in flight and using different angles. Razzak on the otherhand is always looking to choke the batsmen and gun for their pads with fast ones!

Rinathq
March 9, 2010, 11:14 PM
my squad
Tamim
Imrul
Mushfiq
Roqibul
Sakib
Aftab
Mahmudullah
Naeem
Enamul
Shafiul
Rubel

I would keep aftab because i saw him on the last test, he played pretty cool mindedly and did not show signs of agressive batting. He did pretty good on the last ODI and if we can give Ash 1 year why cant we give Aftab 2 series? Put Mushfiq on onedown because we need a strong onedown someone who would stop the collapse. I would take Enamul because he is a better test option in my opinion. If the batsmen can score anything ober 250, we are winnning, there is now way the English lineup would be able to defend this spin attack........

One World
March 9, 2010, 11:41 PM
Tamim - Imrul - Rokibul - Mushfikur - Shakib - Mahmudullah - Aftab - Naeem - Shahadat - Shafiul - Razzak

One World
March 9, 2010, 11:46 PM

kalpurush
March 9, 2010, 11:54 PM
You forget to mention Junaid. And Imrul is more sound than Junaid and Aftab. I would pick Shuvo over Aftab. Shuvo will score better than Aftab at his best and added advantage is his spin attack.
Shuvo is not in the Test squad my friend!;)

Rabz
March 10, 2010, 04:39 AM
Obayed bhai, absolutely great work.
Hats off to you.

Just one little request??
Sakib er face ta ar kisukhon dekhano jae na??
It comes and goes too fast.

auntu
March 10, 2010, 05:20 AM
Hats off to you.

Yes, a bit too fast. [বাংলা]
আমাদের অসীম চাওয়া-পাওয়া... [/বাংলা] ;)

fais
March 10, 2010, 05:43 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/451414.html
What does Siddons love Aftab so much,
well we r destined to lose if we play both junaid and aftab, naeem is a much better choice and he can occasionally be handy with his spin

abu2abu
March 10, 2010, 06:26 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/451414.html
What does Siddons love Aftab so much,
well we r destined to lose if we play both junaid and aftab, naeem is a much better choice and he can occasionally be handy with his spin

This is an interesting team selection. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few changes ahead of Friday. I can't believe they are seriously considering leaving Shahadat out. He's not always on song, but when focused (perhaps bowling in short bursts will help as he did against India) he can be a handful - as he was against India.

Ideally we'd want razzak, enamul and shakib all playing, but that would mean we go for only 1 seamer. I can't see that happening, so to include all 3 spinners would mean weakening the batting. Again, they're not going to do that.

So, we are left with the compromise of 2 seamers + shakib and razzak with mahmudullah providing back up and naeem too (if picked ahead of aftab/junaid)...

kiriket
March 10, 2010, 08:00 AM
In his recent international appearances Enam Jnr appeared to be getting his confidence back...IMO he is a superior test bowler to Razzak! Jnr has a tendency to serve up half-trackers and release the pressure but he is also lot more attacking and is always looking to get batsmen out using variations in flight and using different angles. Razzak on the otherhand is always looking to choke the batsmen and gun for their pads with fast ones!

He is a Crap and will be a crap.

al-Sagar
March 10, 2010, 08:09 AM
so according to this we are gonna play

tamim
imrul
junaed
rakibul
aftab
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
razzaq
rubel
shafiul

the player who now they are certainly gonna play both tests are tamim, shakib, mushfiq, mahmudullah.

now....

# shahadat dropped coz he was the worst performer out of the trio in NZ. but now rubel and shafiul will know that if they dont perform in the 1st test then shahadat is there to replace either of them.

# razzaq or enamul ??? looks like selectors gonna give razzaq the go for his recent performance over ENGLAND in odi's. but if he does fail, enamul will play the 2nd test.

#naeem not getting a chance but players like junaed, aftab will know that if they dont perform naeem will get the chance next match. even rakibul will feel the pressure. and may be imrul. coz with naeem in may be junaed can be pushed to opening.

actually bangladesh want to keep the combination of 8 batsmen (including WK and 2 allrounders), and 3 bowlers. last two series we had 3 pacers as bowler, but this time 2 pacers and 1 spinner.

al-Sagar
March 10, 2010, 08:15 AM
so according to this we are gonna play

tamim
imrul
junaed
rakibul
aftab
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
razzaq
rubel
shafiul

the player who now they are certainly gonna play both tests are tamim, shakib, mushfiq, mahmudullah.

now....

# shahadat dropped coz he was the worst performer out of the trio in NZ. but now rubel and shafiul will know that if they dont perform in the 1st test then shahadat is there to replace either of them.

# razzaq or enamul ??? looks like selectors gonna give razzaq the go for his recent performance over ENGLAND in odi's. but if he does fail, enamul will play the 2nd test.

#naeem not getting a chance but players like junaed, aftab will know that if they dont perform naeem will get the chance next match. even rakibul will feel the pressure. and may be imrul. coz with naeem in may be junaed can be pushed to opening.

actually bangladesh want to keep the combination of 8 batsmen (including WK and 2 allrounders), and 3 bowlers. last two series we had 3 pacers as bowler, but this time 2 pacers and 1 spinner.

also if we see both pacers false then their could be a situation of playing both enamul and raj and only 1 pacer

Biggles
March 10, 2010, 08:15 AM
Onions is out so I reckon that Finn will come in for him , or even Plunkett. I hope that the game goes the full five days as it will be very interesting if England or Bangladesh have to get 240 on the last day. I still go with my prediction of an England win. I think that you will have periods in the game where you could look like getting a result though.

Miraz
March 10, 2010, 08:42 AM
I think Cook will find it difficult to get a winning recipe without Onions.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 08:47 AM
Likely Playing XI:
Tamim
Imrul
Zunaed
Rokibul
Aftab
Shakib
Mushfiq
Riyad
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel

ahms
March 10, 2010, 10:24 AM
Can someone confirm that Rokibul resigned from all forms of cricket game that includes 1st test match Eng vs. Ban

auntu
March 10, 2010, 10:48 AM
Can someone confirm that Rokibul resigned from all forms of cricket game that includes 1st test match Eng vs. Ban
Yes that's confirmed.
Link (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=122223&?us=82l5ekq1hkmknjgev0tbks8ql1#tp122223)

auntu
March 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
Jahirul Islam (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshdomestic-09/content/current/player/55944.html) is in.

He also scored a ton and a half century in his last match. 59 & 117

view360
March 10, 2010, 10:55 AM
Jahirul Islam (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshdomestic-09/content/current/player/55944.html) is in.

He also scored a ton and a half century in his last match. 59 & 117

He is also a good wicketkeeper , scored 4 centuries in this season and bats like Graem Smith. This is also going to solve the wicketkeeping issue with Musfiq who can now concentrate on batting.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 11:00 AM
He is also a good wicketkeeper , scored 4 centuries in this season and bats like Graem Smith. This is also going to solve the wicketkeeping issue with Musfiq who can now concentrate on batting.
He hasn't kept for Rajshahi this season and it has helped his batting. If he does make the XI it makes no sense to hand him the gloves. According to members he isn't that good a keeper anyway.

Tiger Manc
March 10, 2010, 11:05 AM

:floor::floor::floor: Classic!

view360
March 10, 2010, 11:06 AM
He hasn't kept for Rajshahi this season and it has helped his batting. If he does make the XI it makes no sense to hand him the gloves. According to members he isn't that good a keeper anyway.

Surely , Omi is not as good as Pilot as a keeper but Pilot is among the best keepers in the world cricket. Pilot loves keeping and that was the reason why Omi did not keep.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 11:08 AM
Surely , Omi is not as good as Pilot as a keeper but Pilot is among the best keepers in the world cricket. Pilot loves keeping and that was the reason why Omi did not keep.
Not even Pilot kept for Rajshahi. It was Dhiman Ghosh mostly and Hamidul Islam when Dhiman was injured.

Tiger Manc
March 10, 2010, 11:14 AM
Dhiman Ghosh scored 120 runs in the final. It seems his batting is starting to pick up, I wouldn't mind having him in the test team if he could average around 20+ and most importantly give us some solid world-class wicketkeeping.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 11:15 AM
Dhiman Ghosh scored 120 runs in the final. It seems his batting is starting to pick up, I wouldn't mind having him in the test team if he could average around 20+ and most importantly give us some solid world-class wicketkeeping.
I agree with you.

auntu
March 10, 2010, 11:43 AM
But his keeping was horrible. Missed catches.

auntu
March 10, 2010, 11:45 AM
I hope the team member's mind set is OK. This is going to be a acid test for the Tigers to concentrate after the Raqibul resignation saga.

Tiger Manc
March 10, 2010, 11:49 AM
But his keeping was horrible. Missed catches.

Really? Did you watch the match? Looks like we don't have a replacement for Mushy then. Did anyone see the practice match? How was Saghir's keeping?

magic boy
March 10, 2010, 11:50 AM
Dhiman Ghosh scored 120 runs in the final. It seems his batting is starting to pick up, I wouldn't mind having him in the test team if he could average around 20+
yup!:up:

and most importantly give us some solid world-class wicketkeeping.

definitely not:down:....let alone world class...long way to go bro!

Tiger Manc
March 10, 2010, 12:07 PM
yup!:up:

definitely not:down:....let alone world class...long way to go bro!

Damn! :hairpull:

al-Sagar
March 10, 2010, 12:46 PM
so now without rakibul, we may have naeem playing in the team

Fazal
March 10, 2010, 12:57 PM
Karo Posh Mash, Karo shorbonash. Karro "missed opportunity", karoo "lucky break".

Regardless how much we love rakibul, life goes on ... with or without Rakibul.

Naeem, Jahirul, (or Rakibul) whoever is comming, I hope they make it a memorable encounter and use as a "steeping stone" for their internatioanl career.

Biggles
March 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
The Bangladesh players I think will be fine . They need to focus on their own individual performances . The roquibal saga is over now they need to move on and play their own game. I think that the players for Bangladesh need to stand up and be counted.

kalpurush
March 10, 2010, 02:48 PM
The most funniest post I have read lately! :lol::floor:

kalpurush
March 10, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hats off to you.

Yes, a bit too fast. [বাংলা]
আমাদের অসীম চাওয়া-পাওয়া... [/বাংলা] ;)
Much thanks :)

I am working on it! I will update tonight. I am just a beginer ... you know!!

kalpurush
March 10, 2010, 02:54 PM
Karo Posh Mash, Karo shorbonash. Karro "missed opportunity", karoo "lucky break".

Regardless how much we love rakibul, life goes on ... with or without Rakibul.

Naeem, Jahirul, (or Rakibul) whoever is comming, I hope they make it a memorable encounter and use as a "steeping stone" for their internatioanl career.

The Bangladesh players I think will be fine . They need to focus on their own individual performances . The roquibal saga is over now they need to move on and play their own game. I think that the players for Bangladesh need to stand up and be counted.
Indeed. :)
BD playes should give their best effort and fight hard to win few sessions if not the match. England is a good Test team to beat anyway!

mishu
March 10, 2010, 03:30 PM
we shud concentrate on this game first and then we can talk about rock..

cleazer
March 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
I was feeling optimistic about this first test, but now I'm sure that the Raqibul situation will be a huge distraction to the rest of the team, and sadly England will be able to take advantage.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 03:41 PM
Tamim
Zunaed
Johirul
Aftab
Riyad
Mushfiq
Shakib
Naeem
Razzak
Shahadat
Shafiul

Tigers_eye
March 10, 2010, 03:45 PM
ei rokom wicket'a everyone should score and did. This is not indicative of his form. False sense of security. 25 wickets in 5 days should be enough to know what was the wicket like. BCB failed again on not being able to produce a result in the 5 day finals.

Equinox
March 10, 2010, 03:50 PM
ei rokom wicket'a everyone should score and did. This is not indicative of his form. False sense of security. 25 wickets in 5 days should be enough to know what was the wicket like. BCB failed again on not being able to produce a result in the 5 day finals.
It may be a strategy for BD-Eng series. We have a greater chance to beat England in Chittagong wicket and then if we do win a flat wicket is ready in Mirpur to draw the second Test and take the series.

BCB is not as useless as we all think.

shamster
March 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
Looks like Shahadat might miss out !!! Hmm I think he is out best test seamer at the moment I think he should play instead of Rubel!

WarWolf
March 10, 2010, 04:10 PM
Looks like Shahadat might miss out !!! Hmm I think he is out best test seamer at the moment I think he should play instead of Rubel!

Me too. Going with two inexperienced pacers are too risky. If I were to decide the team, I would have gone with Shafiul and Shahadat.

Ajfar
March 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
I have lowered my expectation for this match after this Rakib incident, who knows what's going on in our dressing room. whatever it is it i hope it wont' have too much negative effect on our players.

ahms
March 10, 2010, 04:13 PM
Cricket must go on. Rakib alone is not a team. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq , Mahmud, Enam,... all make up of BD team. They are bright future for Bangladesh. I wish them success in up coming test and many more to come in future.

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2010, 04:33 PM
Now that Ashraful is gone...

Maar Aftaibba maar!! Gorur gosto diya pita!

WarWolf
March 10, 2010, 04:38 PM

I want to see Nayeem in his place. Maar Nayeem mar. Chokka maira fatai fatai fala.

RazabQ
March 10, 2010, 04:44 PM
If Razzak is playing - his job will be simple - tie one end and keep the RPO to <2. That's it. He can bowl a leg-stump line if he likes.

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
I want to see Nayeem in his place. Maar Nayeem mar. Chokka maira fatai fatai fala.
Sadi bhai, amader fan der chawa-pawar majhe je Akram Khaner bhurir chaiteo bishaal farak...

BD-Shardul
March 10, 2010, 04:49 PM

Aftab er kache theke mairpit dekhte chan na? Be prepared to see his stump walking instead.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44124000/jpg/_44124518_bangladesh416.jpg

WarWolf
March 10, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sadi bhai, amader fan der chawa-pawar majhe je Akram Khaner bhurir chaiteo bishaal farak...
:floor::floor::floor:
good one Asif.:-D

Rifat
March 10, 2010, 04:56 PM
I have absolutely no expectations from aftab: Except the following:

AS a #8 batsmen he can pitch in 30-40 quickfire runs...I do not see him as a consolidator, this is contrary to how he plays, he will block and block and eventually get out and say:

"Dhurr, why didn't i play my natural game, since i was gonna get out anyways..."

my point is that this quickfire 20-30 runs is far better than a 90 ball 10 we are too used to seeing from him these days! besides about 95% of the time Bangladesh bats, there are at least 2 batsmen who score below 10 runs....

on the other hand, "Rakibul(thukku :D) i mean Naeem Islam can rotate the strike quite well and play against good pace, hence Naeem is my #1 candidate fo a #3 spot!

Jahirul hasn't even been selected yet, so no comment!

Rifat
March 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
We are always playing with 4 batsmen anyways...the other four i am, not gonna mention names and are walking wickets anyways....

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
Getting the team composition right is a prerequisite for winning matches. Unfortunately, we've been playing with multiple weaklings in the line-up for too long and it has hindered our chances of coming out victorious on many occasions.

If Zunaed and Aftab can find some form, all power to them, but they don't deserve their spots at the moment; especially now that we have guys with bags full of FC centuries who are either sidelined or made to play deep down the order.

PS: Actually, Aftab never deserved a Test spot in his career.

WarWolf
March 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
Getting the team composition right is a prerequisite for winning matches. Unfortunately, we've been playing with multiple weaklings in the line-up for too long and it has hindered our chances of coming out victorious on many occasions.

If Zunaed and Aftab can find some form, all power to them, but they don't deserve their spots at the moment; especially now that we have guys with bags full of FC centuries who are either sidelined or made to play deep down the order.

Gotta agree.

auntu
March 10, 2010, 05:16 PM
Really? Did you watch the match? Looks like we don't have a replacement for Mushy then. Did anyone see the practice match? How was Saghir's keeping?
Yes, I saw a highlights where he missed catches.

auntu
March 10, 2010, 05:18 PM
Gotta agree.
[বাংলা]How Aftab is in the test team?
Another রহস্য। [/বাংলা]

Raynman
March 10, 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna take the optimistic route and say we win in Ctg.

Shakib and MM better follow up on the NZ centuries now that the triple digit virginity is out of the way. Same goes for Mushy and Tamim better look to that 6th century to knock off Ash from that BD test pedastal. After all, how much more could you want with no Onions, Sidebottom and Anderson in the line up.

No Strauss, bad form KP. The bowlers gotta make the best of this.

Come to think of it, shouldn't we be the favorites to win?

bdtiger
March 10, 2010, 06:15 PM
Looks like a bad start again even before the starting of the test match due to Raqibul incedence. Hopefully it will not affect much! I am still positive that we can fight well against this English team if everyone can do his job. Tamim has to stay for a while and Imrul should company him. Then a two of the middle orders click will post a 350+. Win toss bat first and put on the 350. Our SLAs will do the rest.

nannu
March 10, 2010, 07:40 PM
we should actually go with 5 batsmen and 6 bowlers..

as we have only 3 real test batsmen.

tamim ( proven test batsmen )
imrul ( best option as opening partner with tamim)
mushfiq ( proven test batsmen )
sakib ( proven test batsmen )
mahmudullah ( good batsmen )
naem ( good allrounder )

any other batsmen wil only make under 10 runs.. so why add more batsmen..
instead we with a strong bowling team . with 3 pacer and 3 sla.
shahdat
rubel
shafiul
razzaq
enamul

what do u think guys?

chol_bd123
March 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
ROkib is pissed because Aftab is getting picked ahead of him. that is unjust

Eshen
March 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
Pitch report - Chittagong Divisional Stadium (http://www.cricket365.com/news/story/6014445/Pitch-report-Chittagong-Divisional-Stadium)

Happy Hunting Ground

Recalled batsman Shahriar Nafees' average of 34.62 across eight innings is as good as it gets on a batting front for Bangladesh, while spinner Shakib Al Hasan and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain boast 22 and 20 wickets each here, with the former's 26.09 average head and shoulders above the latter's 42.75.

With Shahriar Nafees again out of favour and Mohammad Ashraful now out of favour, Mushfiqur Rahim stands man alone as Chittagong's star batsman. 339 runs across eight knocks here, including a consolation century in January's loss to India.

This will be England's first five-day outing at the venue, so no Chittagong failure or success to speak of yet.

They Said

"The pitch is very flat" - short and sweet from perennial centurion Gautam Gambhir.

"Here it is not easy to play shots, that is the important difference and you have to bat very straight from the start to the end." - Sri Lankan batsman Thilan Samarweera after a laboured half-century in 2009.

"The wicket is pretty flat and we realised that pretty soon. From then on it was just a case of playing the ball on its merit." - Bangladesh batsman Mehrab Hossain junior after his best Test score of 83, against New Zealand in 2008.

"As the day grows and the ball gets older it dies a little bit. We found that when we were bowling. As the day went on I was out there and it didn't seem to be turning that much. I guess it gets easier the longer you bat but that's the same anywhere in the world." - New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori after a hard day in the field.

"There are cracks but not that prominent and if you look back to the Test here against New Zealand in October the pitch actually got better for batting in the last three days." - Bangladesh pace ace Mashrafe Mortaza realises his three early wickets against Sri Lanka will be short-lived.

"I think the biggest thing is that if you hit in the right areas, and show the full face of the bat, then it is still a good wicket out there. It didn't deteriorate as much as we thought it would. Actually it probably played the best in the whole game so we were obviously looking to play straight, and then there is the patience factor." - Black Caps opener Aaron Redmond after grinding out a dogged half-century in last year's tightly-contested series opener.

"When there is high tide in the sea the ground gets more moisture. But that is early in the morning. The game starts at around nine. By then the sun is up and the moisture disappears." - Bangladesh Cricket Board curator Shafiul Alam Belal

Eshen
March 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
Michael Carberry and James Tredwell set for debuts (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/story/451453.html)

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/115000/115047.2.jpg
Steven Finn could be one of three Test debutants in the England team to face Bangladesh <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn"><nobr>© PA Photos</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

Haradhon
March 10, 2010, 10:38 PM
Do we know who the no. 3 and 4 batters are? Is it Aftab & Jahurul/Junaed, or Aftab & Junaed?

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 01:18 AM
this was siddon's original plan

tamim
imrul
junaed
rakibul
aftab
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
razzak
rubel
shafiul

bench: naeem, enamul, shahadat.

now with raqibul gone, naeem looks favourite replace him and jahurul will be in the bench.. but will he bat at 4 ??? may not there will be some rotation in orders. well lets see what happens.

Ajfar
March 11, 2010, 01:40 AM

oke team e rakha khub joruri bhai, jodi England amaderke 5th day te target dei 300 after lunch, Aftab er moto eto high Strike Rate player nah thakle amra eto boro score kemne korbo bolen

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 01:52 AM
oke team e rakha khub joruri bhai, jodi England amaderke 5th day te target dei 300 after lunch, Aftab er moto eto high Strike Rate player nah thakle amra eto boro score kemne korbo bolen

shakib and tamim can do that job in a test much. even mushfiq and mahmudullah can score at higher rates effectively for a long time in tests.

Rabz
March 11, 2010, 01:54 AM
Obayed bhai, love your work boss.
Love the way you reversed the process.
Sakib turning into a tiger suits better.
Keep up the great work.

yaseer
March 11, 2010, 02:43 AM
Looks like Razzak is going to make the XI and Enam jr. going to sit out. JS prefers Razzak over Enam jr.

Not sure whether it is right decision or n not. But why not play both?

fuzzy
March 11, 2010, 02:50 AM
Tamim
Imrul
aftab
Junaid
Mushfiq
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
rubel
Enamul
Shafiul

fuzzy
March 11, 2010, 02:52 AM
wana c aftab play well

salin
March 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
This is a winning thread....

babubangla
March 11, 2010, 04:05 AM
Channel-I news said that the playing XI is declared in the news conference. The news said, if I heard it right, Shafiul, Jahirul and Enamul Jr. will be left out of the playing XI.

Keeing Shafiul out is kind of surprising!

So the playing XI is: Tamim, Imrul, Junaid, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Razzak, Shahadat, Rubel.

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 04:24 AM
Channel-I news said that the playing XI is declared in the news conference. The news said, if I heard it right, Shafiul, Jahirul and Enamul Jr. will be left out of the playing XI.

So the playing XI is: Tamim, Imrul, Junaid, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Razzak, Shahadat, Rubel.

yup, saw that too in both ekushe tv and ntv. this is the final 11 for 1st test.

WarWolf
March 11, 2010, 04:25 AM

Bad team. Shafiul should have made it.

Rabz
March 11, 2010, 04:25 AM
Imrul,Junaed and Aftab holds the key!!!

beshideshi
March 11, 2010, 04:32 AM
Ahh, good to see the selectors did not do the stupid thing of keeping Shahadat out. If its a test in the sub continents, Shahadat would be the first man I pick.
Also good to see Razz getting the acknowledgement for his more than decent bowling in the ODI series.

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 04:32 AM
Oh no, now shafiul and enam jr may retire.

Why they r not in main xi?

yaseer
March 11, 2010, 04:38 AM
Shahadat er inclusion ta risky hoye gelo. Shahadat+Rubel, 2 joni pita khaile khobor ase.

Enam has the bad luck again. Selectors (?JS) want to give another chance to Razzak to prove himself in Tests though he has a horrible average in this format.

mahbubH
March 11, 2010, 04:39 AM
on paper a very week batting side. Don't think Razzak is a better bowler than Enam in tests.. Razzak could be reported again, let us see how long he can keep his arm straight! He needs to bowl about 30 overs per innins.

abu2abu
March 11, 2010, 04:58 AM
I did think it odd yesterday when Siddons suggested Shahadat might be dropped. Rajib has aggression and can get reverse swing. He also has the ability to take 5-fers especially in home conditions.

It's a shame enamul's not been picked. The selectors might live to regret that decision, but in the end I suppose it effects the balance of the side to include him together with razzak and shakib...

Hatebreed
March 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
Onions out of test series with a back injury.. Hmm... Was he also staying at the Hotel Peninsula? :-D

yaseer
March 11, 2010, 05:11 AM
Onions out of test series with a back injury.. Hmm... Was he also staying at the Hotel Peninsula? :-D

If we win, Hotel Peninsula will be the MOM :D

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 06:12 AM
playing XI is: Tamim, Imrul, Junaid, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Razzak, Shahadat, Rubel.

#raj or enamul..... not too much between them. anyway raj knows if he does not perform enamul will be playing next game replacing him.

#rubel or shafiul..... the pacers will get very little to bowl . and for short burst rubel can be effective as a wicket taker or unsettling batsmen better than shafiul. and like enam he will keep both the pacers on their toes as both of them know shafiul may replace anyone of them in the 2nd match.

#jahurul : just wait one match, either imrul,junaed or aftab will be desperate to ensure ur debut in the 2nd test

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 06:27 AM
according to cricinfo i.e alex miller aftab at 4, riyadh promoted to 5 and naeem i 8

Team news

Bangladesh's plans were hit a severe blow when Raqibul Hasan stunned the team by announcing his retirement after practice on Wednesday. His place in the squad has gone to Jahurul Islam, who scored 117 and 59 in the final of their domestic competition last week, but Aftab Ahmed will take over at No. 4 in the final XI. Mahmudullah, who impressed with a series of fine performances at No. 8 in New Zealand last month, moves up to No. 5, with Shadahat Hossain replacing Shafiul Islam as Rubel Hossain's new-ball partner. With four spinners to rotate, however, neither man is likely to do much more than take the shine off the ball.

Bangladesh 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Imrul Kayes, 3 Junaid Siddique, 4 Aftab Ahmed, Mahmudullah, 6 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 7 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 8 Naeem Islam, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Rubel Hossain, 11 Shadahat Hossain

nahaz
March 11, 2010, 06:32 AM
playing XI is: Tamim, Imrul, Junaid, Aftab, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Razzak, Shahadat, Rubel.

#raj or enamul..... not too much between them. anyway raj knows if he does not perform enamul will be playing next game replacing him.

#rubel or shafiul..... the pacers will get very little to bowl . and for short burst rubel can be effective as a wicket taker or unsettling batsmen better than shafiul. and like enam he will keep both the pacers on their toes as both of them know shafiul may replace anyone of them in the 2nd match.

#jahurul : just wait one match, either imrul,junaed or aftab will be desperate to ensure ur debut in the 2nd test

Aftab and Naeem did not do much to be in the team. But both do have potential. Good luck to them, but I'm keen to see a real performer, Omi (Jahurul) in action.

I'd have preferred Shafi over Rubel. NOw we have two ht-or-miss bowlers. Result could be really bad. Shafi can complement either pretty well.

Raj and Enam, not much different...both there to support Sakib in terms of extra overs bowled. I'd have preferred Enam, but anyways...good luck to all...

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 06:58 AM
Go aftab Go.Get duck in the both innings. Create a history. This is your chance to do. C'on Aftab.

Ananna
March 11, 2010, 07:24 AM
Go aftab Go.Get duck in the both innings. Create a history. This is your chance to do. C'on Aftab.

Why so much grudge about Aftab? he is a BD player and he is trying his best. If you're a BD supporter you should wish him the best. Hope he scores big and help keep you mouth shut.

Ananna
March 11, 2010, 07:24 AM
I would prefer Safiul over Ruble though.

Nafi
March 11, 2010, 07:45 AM
No point in getting Shafiul, if there's no grass on the pitch.

Rubel atleast can reverse swing.

Naimul_Hd
March 11, 2010, 08:13 AM
No point in getting Shafiul, if there's no grass on the pitch.

Rubel atleast can reverse swing.

i think siddons had to toss the coin to choose either Rubel or Shafiul ! :)

Naimul_Hd
March 11, 2010, 08:31 AM
Collingwood : 'These women are the brave victims of acid throwing. Please visit asti.org.uk and help in any way you can. I'm sure you'll agree, acid throwing needs to stop completely'.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/73730470.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1268315100&Signature=%2Fp4mTkkuuy6d1iI0QBdVUIbYJ78%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/73111163.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1268315208&Signature=A%2FliLQCSEuCZafKsItFlIikGzRA%3D

Tiger Manc
March 11, 2010, 10:11 AM
Well I'm happy that Naeem Islam makes the team. It would be a traversty to see him miss the NCL final, warm-up match and 1st Test. In a way I'm glad Jahurul hasn't played because he's only just played a 5 day match where he batted in both innings, also I think he needs a bit of time to settle in and get used to the surroundings. The management, the players, the set-up. Most likely Aftab will score less than 30 in both innings, so Jahurul's got a good chance of playing the 2nd Test at #4.

beshideshi
March 11, 2010, 10:46 AM
I actually feel Aftab will score his first test century in this game. He seems to be working hard on his batting and willing to control the brain farts.
If we are to win this game, we will need at least Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Rajib, Razzak to perform.

kiriket
March 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
I actually feel Aftab will score his first test century in this game. He seems to be working hard on his batting and willing to control the brain farts.
If we are to win this game, we will need at least Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Rajib, Razzak to perform.

Ya I also feel that he will score 9 in this match, hey that's like hundred from him!

Tiger Manc
March 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
It's been so far, so good for England in Bangladesh, albeit with the occasional fright along the way in the one-day series and a troublesome list of injuries to their quick bowlers. Even though their strike power has been reduced they should still have too much class for the home side over this short series, but it's unlikely that success will come in the form of three-day thrashings.

The problem for Bangladesh in Test cricket has been sustaining a level of performance throughout the duration of a game. They can bowl well for a session or two, a batsman can hit a flowing fifty (or even a hundred) and they can have the opposition sweating, but the killer blow almost never arrives.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/story/451466.html

sadhat
March 11, 2010, 11:33 AM

I thought Hannan Sharkar already made this history!!!

chol_bd123
March 11, 2010, 12:04 PM
We will lose with Aftab. He wont score many runs.
They should recall Mohammed Ashraful. I think he will do better then Aftab. He can also bowl a couple of overs.

Rinathq
March 11, 2010, 12:41 PM
We will lose with Aftab. He wont score many runs.
They should recall Mohammed Ashraful. I think he will do better then Aftab. He can also bowl a couple of overs.

Well u should see a doctor, if u want ASh back in test

Nafis 1718
March 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
We have a very srtong middle order with sakib,mushy,riyad,nayeem.

magic boy
March 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
is final 11 announced ? willing to know

Tiger Manc
March 11, 2010, 12:48 PM
We have a very srtong middle order with sakib,mushy,riyad,nayeem.

That's true. I can't wait to see Naeem in action, I think he will grab at least a half-century.

Tiger Manc
March 11, 2010, 12:48 PM
Well u should see a doctor, if u want ASh back in test

:D lol

Zobair
March 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
On a lighter note here is a dictionary of comments likely to be made by the English commentators!

http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/451448.html

Tanvir703
March 11, 2010, 12:50 PM

If thats the case....We lose by an inning. :lol:

Tanvir703
March 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
On a lighter note here is a dictionary of comments likely to be made by the English commentators!

:lol::lol::lol:. Awesome.

magic boy
March 11, 2010, 12:55 PM

lolzz...so true...101%

Nafi
March 11, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hmm why hasnt Rokibul been included in the squad, the guy scored 150 runs in the warm up match, I'd rather see him than aftab. Why havnt I heard anything about Rokibul playing the 1st test

PS (http://megnetwork.com/just%20joking_final%20global.jpg)

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
Good one Alex.

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Why so much grudge about Aftab? he is a BD player and he is trying his best. If you're a BD supporter you should wish him the best. Hope he scores big and help keep you mouth shut.

wow! Aftab is trying his best for his country and still failing in every match?!?!?

Well, i think he should go because after trying so hard for his country, he isn't able produce the results, which would be enough, thus he needs to go for good because we need to give others a chance who are also willing to give their best for their country because if we stick with Aftab, then we wouldn't know is there any better player than Aftab in the country or not.

Especially a player who doesn't even have a FC century, playing test again and again is painful to watch:(:sick:

paagla
March 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
"Cricket is passion. I don't play cricket so that i get to represent a nation. I don't want to take a leadership position in any team. All i want to do is to play my best cricket, bat my best while at it, bowl my best while at it and field my best while at it. Any other oppurtunities comes along the way to represent a nation just adds to my honor and glory. However even without that oppurtunity i will still play my best cricket at any level." .. Paagla

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 02:04 PM

If they can score250/300 runs in 2 innings we will win
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hmm why hasnt Rokibul been included in the squad, the guy scored 150 runs in the warm up match, I'd rather see him than aftab. Why havnt I heard anything about Rokibul playing the 1st test

PS (http://megnetwork.com/just%20joking_final%20global.jpg)

Was you in Hibernation ???

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
[বাংলা]অনুশীলনে খেলোয়াড়দের নিয়ে একটু মজা করছেন অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসান [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-08-31-058589100-a-03.jpg

[বাংলা]অনুশীলনে বাংলাদেশের খেলোয়াড়েরা [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-08-11-079983500-a-04.jpg

[বাংলা]বাংলাদেশের কোচ সিডন্স [/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-06-51-071885000-a-07.jpg

Source PA

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 02:36 PM
Siddons looks like a ballet dancer there. So graceful.

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hope we will see this more in test matches!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00694/pietersen585_694624a.jpg

Kevin Pietersen fails against Bangladesh A as first Test looms
Source: Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article7054994.ece?openComment=true)

Biggles
March 11, 2010, 02:50 PM
What total will you be realistically happy with if you bat first on this wicket. If England bat first I would be happy with 360 +

Tehsin
March 11, 2010, 02:53 PM
Wish the games started earlier. The wait is killing me.

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 02:55 PM

Then kill time!!

Beamer
March 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
What total will you be realistically happy with if you bat first on this wicket. If England bat first I would be happy with 360 +

BD : 500
Eng : 45 :-D

Biggles
March 11, 2010, 03:05 PM
I love my cricket guys like all of you , I have next week off work and am getting up at 3 in the morning to watch it :) I just hope it goes 5 days .

Fazal
March 11, 2010, 03:13 PM
Bangladesh need to score 400+ in 1st Innings.

Junaid / aftab ek ta kichu kor. Ta na holey Motin beta abar chole ashbe 2nd TESTe. taklu beta already Motin-er todbir shutu korey dishe....kopal bhalo Taklur kono voting power nai.

Ashfaq
March 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
At this point, mamu, Ash actually looks a pretty good punt. If our "most calm headed guy" can destroy his entire career in a meticulously planned madness, then perhaps we need more brainless idiot like Ash. At least he is predictable.

SS
March 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
Another Whitewash....we will be doomed...tensions inside the team will break us apart....Bangali okarone rokto gorom kore

Rinathq
March 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
Bangladesh need to score 400+ in 1st Innings.

Junaid / aftab ek ta kichu kor. Ta na holey Motin beta abar chole ashbe 2nd TESTe. taklu beta already Motin-er todbir shutu korey dishe....kopal bhalo Taklur kono voting power nai.
u are kidding right? the maximum Bangladesh is scoring is 220. No, If BD wins it will be cause of the bowlers
Dun worry Aftab will shine.

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 04:06 PM
Why junaid and Aftab are selected ahead of Naeem islam and
Jahurul ?

There are 80% chance that both will be out before scoring 20 runs

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 04:16 PM
[বাংলা]‘আমি নিজেই অনেকাংশে দায়ী’

ওয়ানডে সিরিজ শেষ, তাঁর কাজও শেষ। প্রায় পুরো ক্যারিয়ারে এমনটাই দেখা গেছে। ৬ বছরের ওয়ানডে ক্যারিয়ারে যেখানে ম্যাচ খেলেছেন ৯৬টি, সেখানে ৪ বছরের টেস্ট ক্যারিয়ারে মোটে ৫টি! শুধুই ওয়ানডে বোলারের তকমাটা গা থেকে ঝেড়ে ফেলার আরেকটি সুযোগ পেয়ে আবদুর রাজ্জাক জানালেন টেস্ট দলে জায়গা পাকা করার সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টাই করবেন তিনি...

কত দিন পর আবার সাদা পোশাকে বাংলাদেশের হয়ে মাঠে নামছেন মনে পড়ে?
আবদুর রাজ্জাক: হ্যাঁ, ১৬ মাস পর। নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ঢাকায় সর্বশেষ খেলেছিলাম (২০০৮ সালের অক্টোবরে)।

রাজ্জাকের মতো বোলারকে কেন স্মৃতি হাতড়ে টেস্ট খেলার কথা মনে করতে হচ্ছে?
রাজ্জাক: এটা নিয়ে আসলে আমি কোনো মন্তব্য করতে চাই না। টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট, নির্বাচকেরা যা ভালো মনে করেছেন, তাই করেছেন। আমার কিছু বলার নেই।

কিন্তু টেস্টে আপনার পারফরম্যান্সও তো ভালো নয়, ৫ টেস্টে মাত্র ৭ উইকেট, যেখানে ওয়ানডেতে ৯৬ টেস্টে ১৩৮ উইকেট...
রাজ্জাক: হ্যাঁ, ভালো নয়। এই ৭ উইকেটের ৫টিই মনে হয় নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে এক টেস্টেই...(আসলে চারটি)।

এর কারণ কী, ওয়ানডে ও টেস্টের রাজ্জাক কেন এত আলাদা?
রাজ্জাক: আসলে অনেক কারণই আছে। আমি নিজেই অনেকাংশে দায়ী, বেশ কবার বল ছোড়ার অভিযোগ উঠেছে, পুনর্বাসন-প্রক্রিয়া কাটিয়ে আসতে হয়েছে। এসব তো একটা প্রভাব ফেলেই। নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ওই সিরিজের পরই তো আরেকবার অভিযোগ উঠল। তারপর বোলিংয়ে বেশ কিছু পরিবর্তন আনতে হয়েছে, সব মিলিয়ে তাই ধারাবাহিক হওয়া হয়ে উঠেনি। তা ছাড়া শুরু থেকেই সবাই বলত আমার বোলিংটা ঠিক টেস্টের উপযোগী নয়, এটাও আমার মাথায় কাজ করত। প্রথম প্রথম যখন টেস্ট খেলতাম, আমার নিজেরই মনে হতো, ‘আমি পারব তো!’ আমি ধরেই নিয়েছিলাম টেস্ট এলেই আমাকে বাইরে বসে থাকতে হবে।

সর্বকালের সেরা বাঁহাতিদের একজন বিষেন সিং বেদির কাছে কোচিং নেওয়ার পর একবার বলেছিলেন, টেস্টই আপনার মূল লক্ষ্য...
রাজ্জাক: আসলে টেস্টই তো একজন বোলারের মূল লক্ষ্য হওয়া উচিত। আসল ক্রিকেট তো ওটাই। বেদির কাছ থেকে অনেক কিছু শিখেছিলাম। একটা টিপস আমার এখনো মনে পড়ে, বেদি বলেছিলেন ‘বোলিং করবে রংধনুর মতো করে, তীরের মতো ফ্ল্যাট নয়। না হলে টেস্টে কখনোই ভালো করতে পারবে না।’

কিন্তু আপনি তা একটু জোরের ওপর সোজা বলই করেন। ইদানীং অবশ্য ফ্লাইট একটু বেশি দিচ্ছেন, আপনার মূল অস্ত্র আর্ম বলটাও কম করছেন...
রাজ্জাক: আমি আগে একটু জোরেই বল করতাম, আসলে আস্তে বোলিং করতে পারতাম না। অ্যাকশনের সমস্যায় বোলিংয়ে এখন অনেক পরিবর্তন আনতে হয়েছে। এখন একটু ঝুলিয়ে বল করি, এতে লাভই হয়েছে, ড্রিফটাও পাই, আগে যেটা ছিল না।

তাহলে কি আশা করা যায় টেস্টেও এখন রাজ্জাককে নিয়মিত দেখা যাবে?
রাজ্জাক: মুখে বলে তো লাভ নেই। মুখে বললাম এই করব, ওই করব, তারপর দেখা গেল পারলাম না, তাহলে তো আর লাভ নেই। আমি শুধু বলতে পারি, সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টাটাই করব, তারপর যা হওয়ার হবে।

এনামুল জুনিয়রকে না নিয়ে একাদশে আপনাকে নেওয়া হলো, দেশের মাটিতে তাঁর রেকর্ডটা কিন্তু অনেক ভালো...
রাজ্জাক: এটা নিয়ে আমি কিছু বলব না, টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট-নির্বাচকদের ব্যাপার।

বোলার হিসেবে এনামুলকে কীভাবে মূল্যায়ন করবেন?
রাজ্জাক: দেখুন, ভালো বোলার না হলে তো আর এনাম এতগুলো টেস্ট খেলে না, যোগ্য বলেই খেলেছে। ও অনেক ভালো বোলার। ওর মতো বোলারকে বাইরে থাকতে হচ্ছে, তার মানে দল হিসেবেও আমরা এগিয়ে যাচ্ছি।

ওয়ানডেতে টানা দুই ম্যাচে কেভিন পেটারসেনকে আউট করেছেন, টেস্টেও নিশ্চয়ই করতে চান?
রাজ্জাক: ওর মতো ব্যাটসম্যানের উইকেট কে না চায়, আমিও চাই। দেখা যাক, চেষ্টা তো করবই। [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-12/news/48220

Equinox
March 11, 2010, 04:27 PM
Siddons looks like a ballet dancer there. So graceful.
Or he could be saying "WTF Yo?!"

zazabor
March 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
Why junaid and Aftab are selected ahead of Naeem islam and
Jahurul ?

There are 80% chance that both will be out before scoring 20 runs

akdom hacha kotha :notworthy:.. amaro tai mone hocche ..

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
Jahurul is much taller than I thought he was!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-03-11-19-24-49-066502700-sakib.jpg
[বাংলা]জহুরুল (বাঁয়ে) দলে ঢুকেছেন অপ্রত্যাশিতভাবে।[/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
^ Looking at Shakib, Jahurul must be thinking about what he got himself into.

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
[বাংলা]সংখ্যা তত্ত
০— কোনো সেঞ্চুরি নেই বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে, জয়ও।
১— একটি মাত্র সেঞ্চুরি জুটি বাংলাদেশের (হান্নান সরকার ও হাবিবুল বাশার)।
৩— সবচেয়ে বেশি সেঞ্চুরি মার্কাস ট্রেসকোথিকের। তিনবার শূন্য রানে আউট হয়েছেন মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা।
৪— দুই দলের খেলা টেস্ট। সবচেয়ে বেশি ম্যাচে নেতৃত্ব দেওয়া অধিনায়ক মাইকেল ভন।
৪/৬০—বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সেরা বোলিং, মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার।
৫— সেঞ্চুরি দেখেছে দুই দেশের টেস্ট সিরিজ।
৫/৩৫—ইনিংসে সেরা বোলিং, স্টিভ হার্মিসনের।
৮— সবচেয়ে বেশি ক্যাচ মার্কাস ট্রেসকোথিকের, ছক্কাও।
১২— বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সবচেয়ে বেশি উইকেট, মাশরাফির।
১৩—সবচেয়ে বেশি ডিসমিসাল জেরাইন্ট জোন্সের।
১৪—এক সিরিজে সর্বোচ্চ উইকেট ম্যাথু হগার্ডের (২০০৫ সালে)।
২৩—সবচেয়ে বেশি উইকেট ম্যাথু হগার্ডের।
৩৮—এক ইনিংসে অতিরিক্ত খাতে সবচেয়ে বেশি রান, দিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ।
৮২*—বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সর্বোচ্চ ব্যক্তিগত ইনিংস, আফতাব আহমেদের।
১০৪—বাংলাদেশের সর্বনিম্ন স্কোর।
১৫০—এক ইনিংসে সবচেয়ে খরুচে বোলারের রান। ২০০৫ সালে লর্ডস টেস্টে দিয়েছিলেন মোহাম্মদ রফিক।
১৯৪—সর্বোচ্চ ব্যক্তিগত স্কোর, মার্কাস ট্রেসকোথিকের।
২০৫—বাংলাদেশের পক্ষে সবচেয়ে বেশি রান, জাভেদ ওমরের।
৫২৮—সর্বোচ্চ স্কোর, ইংল্যান্ডের।
৫৫১—সবচেয়ে বেশি রান, মার্কাস ট্রেসকোথিকের।
[/বাংলা]

Source PA

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 04:59 PM
At kotokhkhon baki?

auntu
March 11, 2010, 05:05 PM
I hope if Shak win the toss he would choose batting and they would be able to put 400+ in the scoreboard. I don't see it impossible.

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 05:06 PM
Come on Shakib that a 5 wickets hauls or score a 100

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 05:07 PM
If shakib win toss, he will askcaptaincook what he wants

u know then what will happen

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
এনামুলের চেয়ে এই মুহূর্তে তিনি রাজ্জাকেরই পক্ষে। এটা জানানোর পাশাপাশি জেমি সিডন্স গত পরশু এটাও জানিয়ে দিয়েছিলেন, তিন পেসারের মধ্যে বাইরে থাকবেন শাহাদাত হোসেন। চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের প্রথম একাদশটা মোটামুটি নিশ্চিতই ছিল। সেই ‘নিশ্চিত’ একাদশেও একটা পরিবর্তন এসেছে—শফিউল নয়, রুবেল হোসেনের সঙ্গে বাংলাদেশের নতুন বল হাতে নেবেন শাহাদাত।

pa

bdtiger
March 11, 2010, 05:15 PM
So the line up

1. Tam
2. Im
3. Juna
4. Af
5. MM (Promoted)
6. Shak
7. Mush
8. Naeem
9. Shahadat
10. Razzaq
11. Rubel

Side Bench: Shafiul, Enam, Johur

pa

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
So the line up

1. Tam. We need to drop one of between aftab and junaid ,both sucks
2. Im
3. Juna
4. Af
5. MM (Promoted)
6. Shak
7. Mush
8. Naeem
9. Shahadat
10. Razzaq
11. Rubel

Side Bench: Shafiul, Enam, Johur

pa

Rommel
March 11, 2010, 06:27 PM
I don't know about you all, but I am quite hyped for this match. Hopefully Shakib can win the toss and bat first.

nannu
March 11, 2010, 06:29 PM
bd final

1. Tam.
2. Im
3. Juna
4. Af
5. MM (Promoted)
6. Shak
7. Mush
8. Naeem
9. Shahadat
10. Razzaq
11. Rubel

seeing aftab in a test match line up is a mystery... junaed is turning out to be a another hannan sarkar.

thatswhy i will miss rakib despite his poor test record.

dont understand the including of shahadat instead of shafiul. looks like the " give one more chance theory " is back. i thought the new theory " performance, performance, performance " was started in bd team but i was wrong.

only one positive thing is to see mahmudullah batting at no 5.

nycpro96
March 11, 2010, 06:40 PM
Shahadat is probably back because in his last test match at this ground, he took 6 wickets. I see no other reasoning behind his inclusion. I hope Naeem makes something good off this match and hopefully Riyad can capitalize on the promotion. I don't understand the reasoning of Aftab and test cricket. I feel that Naeem is a much better batsman than Aftab yet Aftab is occupying the 4 spot whereas Naeem has to bat at 8. Poor management.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 06:51 PM
Shahadat is probably back because in his last test match at this ground, he took 6 wickets.
How about reverse swing? He and Rubel generates pretty good reverse swing where as I am yet to see any such stuff from Shafi. In this match, reverse swing may turn out to be a damn important factor, especially when the pitch becomes flatter on the last two days.

Shehwar
March 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
Another three hours! I should go to bed and then wake up but just struggling to fall asleep!

kazis2007
March 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
aftab will make a hundred in this match

nycpro96
March 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
aftab will make a hundred in this match

so will rubel. wait and see.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 11, 2010, 07:28 PM
I am worried about strategy of fast bowling by Bangladesh.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
I was looking forward to see Shafi hitting Carberry with a slow bouncer though :D

chol_bd123
March 11, 2010, 07:46 PM
I think we should bowl first to them hoping we get them out pretty quickly like we did to India. This pitch offers more to the bowlers in the first couple of days. THere is more for both spinners and pacers in Day 1,2 then 3,4,and 5.

My Prediction is that Sakib will pick fielding if he wins the toss. And England will pick batting if they win the toss. A lot depends on the first session and how well our pacers do. Hope Shahadat gets some wickets in the beginning.
For some reason, I have a bad feeling on the inclusion of Razzak. Even though he got wickets in the 2nd and 3rd ODI, i dont think he can bowl as well as Shakib in Tests.

chol_bd123
March 11, 2010, 07:48 PM
I am worried about strategy of fast bowling by Bangladesh.

Me too, I wish them all the best. Looks like our team 4 main bowlers and 8 main batsmen.
Our top order batting line up is also very weak. I wish them all the best

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 07:48 PM
I don't know about you all, but I am quite hyped for this match. Hopefully Shakib can win the toss and bat first.
We need two of Imrul, Aftab and Zunaed to fire. It doesn't help when you're 3 down for nada.

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 07:50 PM

Means CTG pitch will be a spin friendly one, thus, RBX is a better option than Saiful IMO. :)

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
Oh no, now shafiul and enam jr may retire.

Why they r not in main xi?

Because there could be only 11 players in the squad!!!;):)

bujhee kom
March 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
[বাংলা]অনুশীলনে বাংলাদেশের খেলোয়াড়েরা[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-08-11-079983500-a-04.jpg

Source PA

Haahahahahahaa...arrey Bhais etaki shei Michael Jackson-er zombie dance/break dance naki??? Grafittis in the background??

chol_bd123
March 11, 2010, 07:53 PM
Means CTG pitch will be a spin friendly one, thus, RBX is a better option than Saiful IMO. :)

I think its more spin friendly in the first couple of days then days 3,4,5.
CTG pitch gets flatter as the days go on.

Orpheus
March 11, 2010, 07:53 PM

Aftab will score a century in this test.....

Ashraful should have played this test (with all the rakib debacle) and batted lower down...his bowling would come in handy.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 07:54 PM
I think we should bowl first to them hoping we get them out pretty quickly like we did to India. This pitch offers more to the bowlers in the first couple of days. THere is more for both spinners and pacers in Day 1,2 then 3,4,and 5.

Agree with you there.

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
No Hindi chhobi in stock Tehsin bhai?!;)

bujhee kom
March 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
Bismillah, Khoob excited hoe boshe achi kintoo bhais!

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 07:57 PM
If we win, Hotel Peninsula will be the MOM :D
:lol::lol::lol:

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 08:04 PM
How about reverse swing? He and Rubel generates pretty good reverse swing where as I am yet to see any such stuff from Shafi. In this match, reverse swing may turn out to be a damn important factor, especially when the pitch becomes flatter on the last two days.
Top thinker. BCB missing out here...

nycpro96
March 11, 2010, 08:09 PM
Bat first is a must. Opening partnership of 100 minimum. 2 out of Imrul, Zunaid and Aftab must score minimum of 40. Lots of responsibility on the shoulders of Mr. Iqbal and the skipper. I'm pretty sure Mushfiq and Riyad will both do good. Naeem will perform and do well under pressure. Bowling wise, Shakib and Razzak WILL do good. I say give Naeem a lot of overs and even give Riyad the ball once in a while. We should bowl one SLA and one OB a lot of the time side by side because the ball will spin in two different ways. One will bowl spin turning away from the bat and the other coming in to the pads. Rubel and Rajib should just bowl as much as they need to or as instructed by the Skipper. If reverse works out, both our pacers should be able to extract the swing. We have more than enough bowling options. Should be a good test match if my plan works out. Good luck to the boys. :flag:

roman
March 11, 2010, 08:15 PM
i think Johur should have been picked. This guy is in great form.

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 08:17 PM
bat first is a must. :flag:
[বাংলা]সাকিবের টস ভাগ্য যদি সহায় থাকে, তবেইনা...[/বাংলা]

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 08:20 PM
i think Johur should have been picked. This guy is in great form.
International cricket is much different than Bangladesh domestic cricket. Aftab is a better choice here...

By the way, Roman bhai - Did you live Mohammadpur?

roman
March 11, 2010, 08:30 PM
International cricket is much different than Bangladesh domestic cricket. Aftab is a better choice here...

By the way, Roman bhai - Did you live Mohammadpur?

na vai, used to live in Dhanmondi

Rommel
March 11, 2010, 08:32 PM
Bat first is a must. Opening partnership of 100 minimum. 2 out of Imrul, Zunaid and Aftab must score minimum of 40. Lots of responsibility on the shoulders of Mr. Iqbal and the skipper. I'm pretty sure Mushfiq and Riyad will both do good. Naeem will perform and do well under pressure. Bowling wise, Shakib and Razzak WILL do good. I say give Naeem a lot of overs and even give Riyad the ball once in a while. We should bowl one SLA and one OB a lot of the time side by side because the ball will spin in two different ways. One will bowl spin turning away from the bat and the other coming in to the pads. Rubel and Rajib should just bowl as much as they need to or as instructed by the Skipper. If reverse works out, both our pacers should be able to extract the swing. We have more than enough bowling options. Should be a good test match if my plan works out. Good luck to the boys. :flag:

lol 100 run partnership minimum? Wake up.

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 08:35 PM
Brothers and SheStars, ami kintu khubi uttejito!

nycpro96
March 11, 2010, 08:35 PM
lol 100 run partnership minimum? Wake up.

I didn't say realistic. Ideal is key word. :D

Zeeshan
March 11, 2010, 08:41 PM
I didn't say realistic. Ideal is key word. :D

You still don't get it, do you? smh

Cricmas
March 11, 2010, 09:01 PM
Hey i m going to the ground. Exited about the boys playing in front of my eyes.:-)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hey i m going to the ground. Exited about the boys playing in front of my eyes.:-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
We want live ball by ball video coverage. Go Chatgaiya!

Peace
March 11, 2010, 09:13 PM
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Aftaibba aar Tamimma re hoiban chittanga manushor maan-ijjot rakhibolla!

czone
March 11, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi everybody! Just an hour to go!! Hope Sakib wins the toss and elects to bat. May Allah be with us. I havea feeling we will play well and win eventually.

Haradhon
March 11, 2010, 09:34 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
I am sure last night Tamim and Aftab had beef for dinner.
"Chatgaiya pfoa Tamimma ar Aftaibbare khoibande Broad ar Bresnanore beshi gori phidaito":lol::lol::lol::lol:

nsd3
March 11, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm worried about the bowling that becomes toothless on our dead pitches. Also I'm not sure how middle order can survive and make good partnerships.

ahms
March 11, 2010, 09:58 PM
I think its more spin friendly in the first couple of days then days 3,4,5.
CTG pitch gets flatter as the days go on.

1st day is the most spin/bowling friendly. After 1st day it gets flatter. Dizzy Gillespi scored 200 on that pitch where as Ponting was out for 90 + run. Hope Ban wins the toss select to bowl first.

Even in flatter pitch fast bowler can extract something out of it. You need to bowl bending your back.

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 09:59 PM
Confirmation that England look like this: 1 Alastair Cook (capt), 2 Michael Carberry, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Tim Bresnan, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 Steven Finn

Interesting. No Treadwell.

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
Some one please give me a link for the match. I want to watch it.

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
BD won the toss and fieldingfirst.

Peace
March 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
shakib won the toss and decided to field.

MohammedC
March 11, 2010, 10:03 PM
Toss Bangladesh and fielding

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 10:03 PM
All eyes, as Gnasher's preview (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/451466.html) will tell you, on their super-hero captain, Shakib Al Hasan.
- Cricinfo

Shooper-hero indeed.

M.H.Rubel
March 11, 2010, 10:04 PM
shakib won the toss and decided to field.

Field? Is it a good decision?

ahms
BD bowl first

al-Sagar
oh.... we will chase, unless we follow on

AsifTheManRahman
Toss Bangladesh and fielding

And now I go to sleep.

ahms
March 11, 2010, 10:05 PM

Pitch gets flatter after 1st day. It is good decision.

Tormuz
March 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
link please.

Zeeshan
March 11, 2010, 10:07 PM
missing nadim all of a sudden

Peace
March 11, 2010, 10:08 PM

flat and batting pitch.
negative approach by shakib.

bangalee20
March 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
Bangladesh win the toss and field. Good decision. Hope this is a good sign. We never won the toss during ODI.

fishyguy
March 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
Its gonna be a loooooooong day for BD in the field. My prediction England will be 380/3 at the end of the day. pretty stupid how they left out kieswetter and Morgan. looks like England selectors arent the only dumbasses around. Completely useless playing Junaid and Rubel although I like his pace. He is gonna get hammered all over the place. Shafiul has been BD most consistent bowler overall. If Shahadat joins in with his lack of control with rubel, short,wide, overpitched down the the leg side deliveries England will have a feast which is what I predict.

bangalee20
March 11, 2010, 10:10 PM
Some one please give me a link for the match. I want to watch it.

Check out www.allcric.com

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
9.00 Bangladesh win the toss and field. Interesting decision that, Alastair Cook said he would have batted, so everyone's happy I guess. Shakib reckoned there could be a hint of dampness early on, but with a pitch that could turn later, it seems peculiar to chose not to bowl last

actually the toss does not matter, shakib and BD management are always taking the decision that opponents fancy. so whats the point of toss. let the opponents decide what they need, cause shakib always want that. like england wanted bat, and shakib wanted bowl.

350/4 at the end of the day....... ........ ......... after eng dismised less than 100

bujhee kom
March 11, 2010, 10:12 PM
Salaam bhais, ki khobor, apnara kemona achen dadas?>

tonoy
March 11, 2010, 10:13 PM
Dhut chai fielding nite gese. mejaj kharap hoyegelo.

Tormuz
Shakib didn\'t wanted to lost the match in the first session of first day by losing 5+ wickets, thus he choose to bowl first?

Peace
if we can not capitalise 1st one hour, it is going to be a long day or two.

BagherBacha
whats wrong with bd mgmt? why the heck they are bowling? dont they want to bowl in the 4th innings, isnt spin out main strength?/

M.H.Rubel
March 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
Pitch gets flatter after 1st day. It is good decision.

England captain wanted to bat as well so is it good decision? We have 4 spinners we have to have bowl in 4th innings.

deshifan
March 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
টস জিচ্ছি । এইবার দেখায়া দিমু ।

BagherBacha
March 11, 2010, 10:15 PM
Shakib didn\'t wanted to lost the match in the first session of first day by losing 5+ wickets, thus he choose to bowl first?

Exactly, when you have Imrul, Zunaed, Aftab in the lineup? what do u expect????