PDA

View Full Version : Desperate to win: Too much fun for our boys

fwullah
March 10, 2010, 09:54 PM
Situation is getting desperate for us to win a match on the field. Our Sakibs, Tamims & Mushfiques are finding life too easy - too much fun-fun cricket.

Just a one year before the World Cup, this is an ominous sign for us.

I believe this is the time for Sakib to actually lead a group of people. Looking at our recent history, we do not want Sakib to follow Pilot's footsteps. From the looks of things, this is where wer're going.

Pilot was a (individual) performing captain on the field. But his off the field behavior as a captain was not what it should have been. He could not unite the team and come out with better team performance. Result - 2003 World Cup Disaster. Former Chief Selector Faruk Ahmed was also such a (bad) example in 1994 ICC Trophy. In Pilot's case, Sujon came in to the rescue - but it was already too late for us. Good thing is that Sujon is now within the team helping out in any way he can; doesn't matter what his job is.

We need Sakib to come forward and follow the examples of Akram Khan, Aminul Islam Bulbul and Habibul Bashar.

There have been too much fun and too much talking within the team. Lots of people (in the team) have been talking and talking too much bullshit. And it seems that Sakib is not talking when and where he should be. The difference between Sakib and Bashar is that Sakib is too young, now we'll know whether he's actually a leader or just a performing captain.

I believe there's also a time when a group of people also need some discipline and some toughness - some restrictions. It seems our 22 year old boys need both.

Ofcourse, things could become much easier for Sakib to actually lead if we could just actually win either of the 2 test matches against England. Otherwise, more news like Raquibul's quitting cricket or Mashrafee will turn up every other day.

yaseer
March 10, 2010, 10:13 PM
I just pray that Mashrafee gets back his form and gets into the national team and takes the captaincy. I was always against Sakib being the captain, he is too young and not ready yet. We are ruining the career of our best player. Now there is no way out but to wait for Mashrafee. Luck is also never with us. Mashrafee was injured in a very very crucial time for both Bangladesh and Sakib's career.

biddut
March 11, 2010, 01:02 AM
Mashrafee gained lot of weight. What was he thinking when he gulped GATTI GATTI BHAT and GOSTO?

Ajfar
March 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
I just pray that lotus kamal leaves us alone before its too late

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 02:18 AM
Bad luck : crucial toss lost , poor umpering
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 03:05 AM
Bad luck : crucial toss lost , poor umpering

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Poor team selection, crap BCB and lota Kamal is icing on the cake!?;)