PDA

View Full Version : English debutants

Miraz
March 11, 2010, 11:11 AM
I am slightly concerned that our batsmen will make English debutant Steven Finn, Tredwell and Test newbie Tim Bresnan a big hit like they did to Martin Saggers, Richard Johnson and Rikki Clarke. We have already gifted impressive debut to Shahzad.

I hope we are a more mature side than the one played in 2003 and will utlize the relative inexperience of the English bowlers to our advantage.

WarWolf
March 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hopefully. We need to show that we learnt to put values on our wickets.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 11:18 AM
I remember an English leggie terrorizing our batsmen during an A-team tour (before our Test status). The guy was soon given an ECB contract. But within an year or two he faded away and even his county did not bother to extend his contract!

abu2abu
March 11, 2010, 11:22 AM
Bresnan of course has played a couple of tests against the Windies.

Saggers and Johnson were a touch unlucky, they could have made more of their abilities. Riki clarke was always out of his depth in international cricket.

Anyone remember England seamer (and ocassional ofspinner) James Ormond? He was a favourite of former England coach Duncan Fletcher. Now he was rubbish and, thankfully, never played against BD!

Finn, I suspect is the real deal. A bit like Saj Mahmood, but with more accuracy.

abu2abu
March 11, 2010, 11:23 AM
I remember an English leggie terrorizing our batsmen during an A-team tour (before our Test status). The guy was soon given an ECB contract. But within an year or two he faded away and even his county did not bother to extend his contract!

Chris Schofield perhaps? He played in the 2007 T20 world cup, currently at Surrey and alarming close to a T20 recall...

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/20073.html

Zobair
March 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
Spot on! How we deal with the debutants and newbies is a major test of how far we have come along as a test team. Finn has the potential to be a real banana skin for us. I hope Zunaid has done a good job of briefing his mates about this kid.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 11:25 AM
Chris Schofield perhaps? He played in the 2007 T20 world cup, currently at Surrey and alarming close to a T20 recall...

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/20071.html
Yeah, that was him.

What do you mean he played in T20 world cup?! His record shows only one FC match!

BD-Shardul
March 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
Ah..H Gibbs scored a double ton in his debut match against BD. Yassir Hamid scored tons in his both innings in his debut against Bangladesh.

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 11:32 AM
Matthew Sinclair...

Tiger Manc
March 11, 2010, 11:33 AM
Onions, Sidebottom, Anderson and potentially Broad out. New inexperienced captain in Cook and potentially new top order batsman in Carberry. An out-of-form Pietersen and home conditions. So another innings defeat then.....

abu2abu
March 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that was him.

What do you mean he played in T20 world cup?! His record shows only one FC match!

I pasted the wrong link the first time. Try it again.

Schofield was selected for and played in the T20 world cup: http://www.cricinfo.com/england/engine/match/287869.html

In fact he's played a total of 4 T20Is...

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
OK, found the right Schofield - http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/20073.html

So, he was not a total waste then!

auntu
March 11, 2010, 04:58 PM
i am slightly concerned that our batsmen will make english debutant steven finn, tredwell and test newbie tim bresnan a big hit like they did to martin saggers, richard johnson and rikki clarke. We have already gifted impressive debut to shahzad.

I hope we are a more mature side than the one played in 2003 and will utlize the relative inexperience of the english bowlers to our advantage.
[বাংলা]ঐ রিচার্ড জনসন ভদ্রলোকের প্রতি একধরনের আগ্রহ কাজ করে।

ভদ্রলোক বেশ কয়েক বছর আগে ইংলন্ড এ টীমের হয়ে খেলে গিয়েছিলেন। নান্নুর একটা বড় ইনিংস ছিলো এছাড়াও বুলবুল একটি ঝাকঝকে শতক মেরেছিলো বেশ মনে আছে।

বাকী দু'জনের নাম মেরে কেটেও মনে পরছে না যদিও।[/বাংলা]

Slater582
March 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about Tredwell. He's an Ashley Giles type of English spinner, has a county bowling average of about 36 I think.

Carberry will be interesting. He's toured Bangladesh before, with the England A team. He tends to be very good or very poor, not so much in between.

Sounds like you guys have seen as much of Finn as I have. Tall which allows some bounce, quite accurate, reasonable pace. Only 20 years old though.

bujhee kom
March 11, 2010, 07:41 PM
Best of luck to the debutants!! I hope they will have a great game!!

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 07:50 PM
Carberry ke bhishon bhoy pai. Chorom. Haar kaapano bhoy.

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 08:02 PM
unfortunately we dont have any debutants

RazabQ
March 11, 2010, 08:07 PM
unfortunately we dont have any debutantsAnd for that I am thankful.

bura
March 11, 2010, 08:46 PM
yes our players seem to find it difficult to handle new unknown players. They also struggled against the debutantes in NZ.

kiriket
March 11, 2010, 11:43 PM
England can take 4 new players and we can not find spaces. we are Australia.
I believe Carberry will show sporting mentality by retiring after scoring 200.