PDA

View Full Version : Captain needs us...

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 02:03 PM
Some of us are criticizing our captain for being harsh on Rokibul (Siddons sympathises while Shakib fumes (http://banglacricket.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/451550.html)) which is as emotional as Rok's decision IMO!

Rokibul's retirement from international cricket put the captain and our team in disarray and shock just before few hours of 1st test against a top test playing country like England when a good result might stabilize our test status as we were hopping. Now that he has withdrawn himself out from the squad, the team became imbalanced and lacks moral boosting (for all the drama happening as being a young team).

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/bs13.jpg?t=1268330599
Ice Man and the Rok - those old days!

Like you, I am also a fan of the Rok and as shocked as you are. Though, we have to use our head instead of our heart for the shake of our cricket and country. Shakib is absolutely right - a corrupt and inefficient BCB is to blame here as they failed to take proper disciplinary action for same kind of incidents before. Now if NOT late, BCB and our captain needs to act professionally to prevent any further and future incidents like this.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/theIceMan.gif?t=1268333064
Who said our captain can't smile?!

So, my fellow fans of Bangla Cricket, please support our captain when he needs it most. Our support would only boost his and team's moral and motivate them to do the unfinished business - beat the English and win our first Test.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/bangladesh.gif?t=1268333873
Go Shakib Go Bangladesh, we are with you.

BD-Shardul
March 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Go Shaky go. You have my full backing.

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your timely post KP :up::up:

People are also criticizing Shak for bringing up Mashrafe and SN issues. I think that was needed - those two senior players set the precedent of leaving the team on their own whim and both got away Scot free! BCB can't allow this kind of things keep happening!

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 02:12 PM
Ice Man > SDB!!
case closed! :)

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 02:12 PM
^^ But who is SDB?!

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 02:13 PM

People are also criticizing Shak for bringing up Mashrafe and SN issues. I think that was needed - those two senior players set the precedent of leaving the team on their own whim and both got away Scot free! BCB can't allow this kind of things keep happening!
He was absolutly right : SN is selfish ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

babubangla
March 11, 2010, 02:14 PM
http://creativebangladesh.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bangladeshi-boatman-200dpi1.jpg
[বাংলা]অকুল দরিয়ার মাঝে আমার ভাঙ্গা নাও মাঝি বাইয়া যাও রে![/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
^^ But who is SDB?!

eh, Eshen bhai that's Sachin Sr. -- Sir Don Bradman!! :-p

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 02:15 PM

Indeed Eshen bhai. When Nafees refused to go to Australia, I had opened a thread/post pointing out dal me kuch kala hay about Nafees intention not to tour Australia! And we all know how Nafees join ICL later on. Mash also violeted team rules and should have punished regardless how much we love him or his contribution to Bangladesh Cricket. BCB failed again.

Now, Shakib stands up and we need to back him all the way.

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 02:21 PM
http://creativebangladesh.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bangladeshi-boatman-200dpi1.jpg

[বাংলা]অকুল দরিয়ার মাঝে আমার ভাঙ্গা নাও মাঝি বাইয়া যাও রে![/বাংলা]

Now I am getting nostalgic Babu bhai!!!;)

Rabz
March 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
Go Sakib go, we are with you.

Top post Babubangla bhai also.
We still can make it picturesque like that.

Its nice to see you around a bit more frequently these days.

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2010, 02:31 PM
^^ But who is SDB?!
This is how you say it:

SDB who?

Ice Man > Brad Man indeed.

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 02:36 PM
Come Shakib take a 5 wickets hauls then score a ton .

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
Shakib Quit cricket. Finish your studies and get a job and get married. Also apply for higher studies and come to US. Get a job, apply for green card and live here.

All the while keep an eye on the fans who doubted you, criticized you. See how they feel when Afgans come calling BD's number.

Jotto shob. :mad::mad:

Nafi
March 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-08-31-058589100-a-03.jpg

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-08-11-079983500-a-04.jpg

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/640x640/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-03-11-19-06-51-071885000-a-07.jpg

Rabz
March 11, 2010, 02:46 PM
Great pics, Nafi.
Thanks.

Tehsin
March 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
In Shak We Trust!

Ananna
March 11, 2010, 02:52 PM
We are with you captain.
Go Tigers!

WarWolf
March 11, 2010, 03:01 PM
Go captain go.....

Dhakablues
March 11, 2010, 03:16 PM
Go,, but get a course from Bashar on how to talk to journalists. I support him as the Bangladeshi capain but as a player,, he is definitely not motivating the team by saying such words against Raqibul, Mashrafee likes. That irks me as if he wants to 'teach a lesson' to his peer cricketers..

dolcevita
March 11, 2010, 03:22 PM
Go,, but get a course from Bashar on how to talk to journalists. I support him as the Bangladeshi capain but as a player,, he is definitely not motivating the team by saying such words against Raqibul, Mashrafee likes. That irks me as if he wants to 'teach a lesson' to his peer cricketers..

Sorry mates that what they deserves : rok quits the team because "bcb didn't pay attention to him"...he may thinks he is DRAVID

Then Mortaza plays against ENG only to show to KKR that he is really

Selfish stuff

Eshen
March 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
That irks me as if he wants to 'teach a lesson' to his peer cricketers..
I don't see anything wrong with him telling his peers quit being so emotional. Someone has to say it, and Shakib is currently the most qualified person to do so.

Dhakablues
March 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
What does selfish mean? I thought that world is obsolte since 1980s.

Mortaza being selfish is the first time I heard about the flagship player who gave his all for the team..

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
Though I am upset with shakibs comments but I agree action should be taken, that should be big amount of fine. Mash, rokib, nafees all needs punishment.
This using retirement announcement as a blackmail should be stopped. No place for personal revenge
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
What does selfish mean? I thought that world is obsolte since 1980s.

Mortaza being selfish is the first time I heard about the flagship player who gave his all for the team..

Agree too. Mortaza and selfish word doesn't go together

alibangali
March 11, 2010, 03:38 PM
The truth hurts sometimes but coating it with sugar can do more harm that good. He spoke the truth without worrying about himself, he is truly the tiger amongst a group full of scaredy cats. He deserves all the support and he definetly has mine :).

auntu
March 11, 2010, 03:39 PM
[বাংলা]সাকিবের মুখনিঃসৃত বাণী শুধু বাণীই নহে যেন অমিয় ধারা...আহা! আহা!

জয় হে সাকিব![/বাংলা]

চুরান্ত মোসাহেবীর নিদর্শণ স্বরুপ।

Nocturnal
March 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
[বাংলা]সাকিবের মুখনিঃসৃত বাণী শুধু বাণীই নহে যেন অমিয় ধারা...আহা! আহা!

জয় হে সাকিব![/বাংলা]

চুরান্ত মোসাহেবীর নিদর্শণ স্বরুপ।

[বাংলা]ইহা কিছুই নহে শাহ্‌ মোয়াজ্জেম সাহেবের কাছে -
একদা এক বিশাল জনসভায় তিনি অনেকটা এইরকম বলিয়াছিলেন - বঙ্গোপসাগরে যত পানি আছে তা দিয়ে যদি কালি বানানো হয় আর সুন্দরবনে যত কাঠ আছে তা দিয়ে যদি কাগজ বানানো হয় তাহলেও হোমো এরশাদ সাহেবের গুণ লিখে শেষ করা যাইবে না।
ধন্য মোয়াজ্জেম সাহেব।
কয়েক বছর পরেই তিনি অবস্থা বুঝে দলত্যাগ করে নতুন জাপা খুলেছিলেন!!

প্রাইসলেস!![/বাংলা] :-p

layperson
March 11, 2010, 04:16 PM
Top thread !!!! Shakib is the only one in the Bd cricket team along with Tamim who can be counted as men among boys. Speciallly shakib is born to be a leader. He says the right things in press conferences. After a long time I am happy to have a leader who can give it back in the field and take questions like a man in the press conferences.

zazabor
March 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
Sakib kotha gula valoy bolse .. but thing is MASH ke 1 match por e rest a deya ta Board or Selector der thik hoi nai..se upset hoitei pare bcaz he is one of the most valuable player of our team..i dnt think mash KKR er jonno oi match khelse..KKR a kono match a chance pai kina setai to boro ques jei na perform korsilo last time.. so he just wanted to play but BCB selection didnt give him more chance to play

auntu
March 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
[বাংলা]ইহা কিছুই নহে শাহ্‌ মোয়াজ্জেম সাহেবের কাছে -
একদা এক বিশাল জনসভায় তিনি অনেকটা এইরকম বলিয়াছিলেন - বঙ্গোপসাগরে যত পানি আছে তা দিয়ে যদি কালি বানানো হয় আর সুন্দরবনে যত কাঠ আছে তা দিয়ে যদি কাগজ বানানো হয় তাহলেও হোমো এরশাদ সাহেবের গুণ লিখে শেষ করা যাইবে না।
ধন্য মোয়াজ্জেম সাহেব।
কয়েক বছর পরেই তিনি অবস্থা বুঝে দলত্যাগ করে নতুন জাপা খুলেছিলেন!!

প্রাইসলেস!![/বাংলা] :-p
[বাংলা]এই রকম গুনী লোক দুই চারটা আছে বলেই না বাংলাদেশের এতো নাম।
কি দারুনই না দেখালেন। সাধু সাধু। [/বাংলা]

Maddog
March 11, 2010, 05:15 PM
Sakib kotha gula valoy bolse .. but thing is MASH ke 1 match por e rest a deya ta Board or Selector der thik hoi nai..se upset hoitei pare bcaz he is one of the most valuable player of our team..i dnt think mash KKR er jonno oi match khelse..KKR a kono match a chance pai kina setai to boro ques jei na perform korsilo last time.. so he just wanted to play but BCB selection didnt give him more chance to play

i actually disagree. he should never have been selected in the 1st place... i mean the guy looks terribly overweight for a fast bowler.. he was definitely unfit to play.. i dont know why they picked him for the 1st one-day. These are the kind of things that really irk me.. it is just because he is a senior player and he declared himself fit, no one bothered or dared to question the obvious... and we all know what happened then.. he couldn't even finish his quota and he was bowling rubbish. Imagine, zaheer khan coming back from injury with that massive tummy and demanding his place in the team. he is not even going to be considered in the indian setup because they have reached that level of professionalism.

kalpurush
March 11, 2010, 07:24 PM
i actually disagree. he should never have been selected in the 1st place... i mean the guy looks terribly overweight for a fast bowler.. he was definitely unfit to play.. i dont know why they picked him for the 1st one-day. These are the kind of things that really irk me.. it is just because he is a senior player and he declared himself fit, no one bothered or dared to question the obvious... and we all know what happened then.. he couldn't even finish his quota and he was bowling rubbish. Imagine, zaheer khan coming back from injury with that massive tummy and demanding his place in the team. he is not even going to be considered in the indian setup because they have reached that level of professionalism.
Well said Maddog. Mashrafee shouldn't have selected at the first time. Or, could have played the 3rd ODI instead. BCB / selectors are to blame here.

bujhee kom
March 11, 2010, 07:34 PM
Shakib Al Hasan Moyna! Shakib Al Hasan Moyna!!!

Yes, the King needs me and I am behind him 100% with my keyboard, ready to fight tonight!!!

al-Sagar
March 11, 2010, 07:56 PM

we need professionalism to grow in our players. not this emotions and getting upset. sachin was rested after the 200..... .....

RazabQ
March 11, 2010, 08:05 PM
Shak's our first Australian player. You know how Jamie says "BS" whenever someone says "I'm ill coach - can't play". Shak's the same - he cries BS when he sees it.

He got my support!

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 08:11 PM
Shakib Al Hasan Moyna! Shakib Al Hasan Moyna!!!

Yes, the King needs me and I am behind him 100% with my keyboard, ready to fight tonight!!!

Don't stand too behind him
lol
oh behind keyboard is safe place

shafayeen
March 11, 2010, 08:18 PM
can any1 give me the link to shakib's comments...the link at the top of the page doesnt work.

shafayeen
March 11, 2010, 08:24 PM
never mind, i found the link in cricinfo....Btw....SHAKiB all the Way! Our best Bagger Baccha!

reyme
March 11, 2010, 08:54 PM
And we need him!! Awesome thread!!

Lets win this TEST Shak, lets do it! We are with you!

PS: BUT Who are the umpires?

mahbubH
March 11, 2010, 09:03 PM
as long as he is performing no one can touch him .... I am just thinking what will happen when he will not perform consistently (I don't want to see that happening), all the ants will then act like elephants!

As Razab wrote, he is really our first Aussie cricketer. I liked his bold statement, none of our former players had that courage to say something like that!

wiseshah
March 11, 2010, 09:21 PM
Shakib' s enemy list for future

lotus kamal
mashrafe
rokibul
shahriar nafees
hasina(kan tanle matha ase)

ahms
March 11, 2010, 09:23 PM
I told you in my previous post and I say it again Rok action was nothing short of selfish act.

Little learning is a dangerous thing.

Tigers_eye
March 11, 2010, 09:24 PM
Shak's our first Australian player. You know how Jamie says "BS" whenever someone says "I'm ill coach - can't play". Shak's the same - he cries BS when he sees it.

He got my support!
Nice pinch.

You are little dissapointed that the rokibul incident didn't come from the practice, aren't you? Can't blame Shakib here anyway so must be.

Zobair
March 11, 2010, 09:30 PM
Shakib's clearly laid out what he expects from his band of merry men! Onwards and upwards and don't look back!

yaseer
March 11, 2010, 09:48 PM
When fans criticize Sakib, it is because everyone cares for him. No one wants to loose this boy. He is the one to full-fill our dream to take us to the next level.

Sakib is our Gold. Every Bangladeshi is with him and will be - always.

GO SAKIB GO!!
LETS MAKE HISTORY!!

layperson
March 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
And we need him!! Awesome thread!!

Lets win this TEST Shak, lets do it! We are with you!

PS: BUT Who are the umpires?

hahaha the million dollar question !!!! :lol:

kalpurush
March 22, 2010, 08:21 PM
For those who are blaming Shakib to continue with Razzak:

The pre-match plan had been for both spinners to operate in tandem, but Shakib instead had to rely on the reverse-swing of Rubel Hossain to keep England under wraps as the day wore on.
Source: Shakib slams board for lack of UDRS (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/453049.html)

Note: Though I think captain should take decisions according to match situation! Again, we all know BCB & Co.!!

Sohel
March 22, 2010, 09:17 PM
O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

-Walt Whitman

Let us not get carried away either way and become Moyna's John Wilkes Booth. He's only 22 FGS!!!

kalpurush
March 22, 2010, 09:54 PM
Let us not get carried away either way and become Moyna's John Wilkes Booth. He's only 22 FGS!!!
Indeed Sohel bhai.