PDA

View Full Version : time for a reality check

al Furqaan
March 13, 2010, 02:15 AM
as i write england are 550-4 probably heading towards a score of 600 before declaring sometime just before or after tea.

a lot of hue and cry about our bowling etc, etc. but to be honest, lets wait and see how england's bowlers perform against our big 4 of tamim, shakib, mushy, and riyad. i say that because imrul will likely get out for 25, although i hope and these are the conditions that should see his maiden half century. junaid will probably score a ugly fifty before throwing his wicket away. and aftab is well aftab. i hope and pray aftab allows his class to get him a maiden ton, but i will settle for a solid 50. we've all seen where ashraful's path went and aftab is solidly on that track.

but our big 4 is what i want to watch bat. this is the wicket for tamim to the first of what should be a few double centuries in in a long career. shakib and rahim should likewise cash in on a pitch with no demons and no really imposing bowler on the other side. same with riyad. and hopefully the tail wags and we can force england to bat again. after all there ain't no dale steyn or mitchell johnson on the pommie squad, and while swann is certainly no ugly duckling, he ain't shane warne either.

until we can come across 3 or 4 test worthy bowlers, this is all we can hope for. and of course 2 more batsmen to supplement the big 4 are a necessity as well.

so here is my bold predicition...the big 4 will combine for at least 300 runs and lead bangladesh past the follow on mark.

victory in stages, my friends. we should know better than most...

WarWolf
March 13, 2010, 02:26 AM
[বাংলা]আসাদ ভাই সবই বুঝলাম। কিন্তু এতগুলো ক্যাচ কেন পড়বে, আর ফিল্ডিং কেন এত বাজে হবে এইটা তো বুঝলাম না।[/বাংলা]

al-Sagar
March 13, 2010, 03:02 AM
imrul already out in a HELPLESS manner. well besides the big 4 i expect contribution from naeem and junaed and specially from AFTAB.

anyway no matter we reach 399 or not lets bat a long time.... like the rajshahi chittagong final match where u all saw a example of long duration batting.

i would rather like to see us batting upto end of tomorrow or even go to 4th day morning

kiriket
March 13, 2010, 03:23 AM
check reality Mr, you are already 2 down. the time you spent writing these akash kushum hopes has produced nothing.

Raynman
March 13, 2010, 03:23 AM
imrul already out in a HELPLESS manner. well besides the big 4 i expect contribution from naeem and junaed and specially from AFTAB.

anyway no matter we reach 399 or not lets bat a long time.... like the rajshahi chittagong final match where u all saw a example of long duration batting.

i would rather like to see us batting upto end of tomorrow or even go to 4th day morning

including follow on or just the first innings :big_hug:

down to the ctg boys TI and AA

kiriket
March 13, 2010, 03:29 AM

For that you need Rajshahi team, which is much stronger than this national team. CTG team is also stronger than this National team.

_Rafi_
March 13, 2010, 03:43 AM
Yes time for check reality-
In real cricketing world-
1) Junaed has no value as a batsman. His inclusion is just waste of space
2) Aftab/Imrul and test match-contradictory
3) Abdur Rajjak is not a test material and without chucking he is not a good bowler in ODI too
4) Rokibul Hasan is not cricketing material. With this mental temperament he cant play cricket.

WarWolf
March 13, 2010, 04:09 AM

How can you expect from him? Old dogs never learn. He tried to paddle sweep the first ball he faced from Swann today. Non-sense.

Baundule
March 13, 2010, 04:09 AM
Well, when I am writing this, we are 3 down, the position occupying players Aftab, Zunaed and Imrul. If we follow Al Furqaan bhai reality check formula, let us see what could be the score:

Tamim 200
Imrul 50
Zunaed 50
Aftab 50
Riyadh 80
Shakib 150
Mushy 120
Naeem 30
Raj 20
Rubel 15
Shahadat 25*
---------------------------------
Total: 790

So, we were probably going to beat England by an innings. :D

But this will not happen, because :doh:
There is a tremendous mistake in the assumption related to the demons: we do not need a Perth pitch, we do not need a Warne or Lee playing against us, we have the self-destruction button to do all the jobs. And our hapless Mushfindition is very much reflected in paying too much importance to below average players like Mushy and Riyadh.

Rabz
March 13, 2010, 04:11 AM
The Holy Trinity of Imrul-Zunaed-Aftab failed to prove us wrong.
Razzak was dissapointing.
Mushy needs to seriously work on his gloves.

You are right Asad, our hopes are really with the Fantastic Four.
May I dare enough to say Fabulous Five?? (Tamim-Riyad-Sakib-Mushy-Naeem)
With 3 down at 51, i'd dearly hope so.

al-Sagar
March 13, 2010, 04:12 AM
4) Rokibul Hasan is not cricketing material. With this mental temperament he cant play cricket.

thats the truest and best comment i heard in BC forum ever

kazis2007
March 13, 2010, 06:47 AM
i can see follow on

amar11432
March 13, 2010, 06:59 AM
Well, when I am writing this, we are 3 down, the position occupying players Aftab, Zunaed and Imrul. If we follow Al Furqaan bhai reality check formula, let us see what could be the score:

Tamim 200
Imrul 50
Zunaed 50
Aftab 50
Riyadh 80
Shakib 150
Mushy 120
Naeem 30
Raj 20
Rubel 15
Shahadat 25*
---------------------------------
Total: 790

So, we were probably going to beat England by an innings. :D

But this will not happen, because :doh:
There is a tremendous mistake in the assumption related to the demons: we do not need a Perth pitch, we do not need a Warne or Lee playing against us, we have the self-destruction button to do all the jobs. And our hapless Mushfindition is very much reflected in paying too much importance to below average players like Mushy and Riyadh.

Ur math is all wrong. :lol:

zainab
March 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
What is wrong ith Sakib? Will he do a repeat like in NZ, make a century in the second innings< He has to buckle down somehow>

Beamer
March 13, 2010, 11:44 AM
Some reality check for Siddons and team management :

In Imrul and Zunaid, we have two of the worst players that has combined to play at no.2 and 3 in our test history. I just don't see any future with Zunaid playing at no.3. I know he has got a few test fifties under his belt, but a no.3 must exhibit an aura of assuredness about him, which he clearly doesn't have. Yea, Imrul has done decent in ODI's so far, but he is completely cluless in tests, when bowlers actually bowl with a plan for a specific player. So, no credible no.2 and 3.

No.4 is also a question mark now. On paper and on field , Rakibul and Ash are miles better than Aftab, and both are gone now. So, no.2,3,4- zero capability.

Finally, Riyad has been pushed up to no.5 and he stays there.

The biggest check of all is Mushy as the wkt keeper in tests. Its time to invest in a proper wkt keeper in tests, who will bat at no7 or 8, thus freeing Mushy to bat at no.4 as a pure batsman. It will solve, hopefully , the wkt keeping issues and should take care of a middle order spot. In due time, Ash will make a comeback and I hope he snatches the no.3 from Zunaid or maybe the no.4.

You are right Asad. The big four is our main core. Two of them have fired today. I wish Riyad stayed around, but Tamim is still there and he will pick up the slack for Sakib.

BD-Shardul
March 13, 2010, 11:58 AM
Some reality check for Siddons and team management :

In Imrul and Zunaid, we have two of the worst players that has combined to play at no.2 and 3 in our test history. I just don't see any future with Zunaid playing at no.3. I know he has got a few test fifties under his belt, but a no.3 must exhibit an aura of assuredness about him, which he clearly doesn't have. Yea, Imrul has done decent in ODI's so far, but he is completely cluless in tests, when bowlers actually bowl with a plan for a specific player. So, no credible no.2 and 3.

Dr. Z, take care.

mishu
March 13, 2010, 12:44 PM
we need roqibul back at 4, we need omi at 3, and we need a new player at 2nd spot for test,, I think imrul is ok for odi..

reyme
March 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
As usual Beamer hits the bulls eye.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

reyme
March 13, 2010, 01:09 PM
For that you need Rajshahi team, which is much stronger than this national team. CTG team is also stronger than this National team.

Exactly!

Eshen
March 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
Looks like Asad is once again confused between reality and fantasy!

reyme
March 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
You take out core 4, and the national team will get an inning defeats to Rajshahi
or any top 3 club team. I also think all our clubs have superior team mananement
than the national team.

Imtiazk
March 13, 2010, 01:21 PM
This is Imrul's 10th test match. His highest score is 33. That tells you everything, doesn't it. A batting average of just 13. Despite Siddons, who has stood by him, he has to go.

Unless we find someone better, Junaid and Aftab has to stay, for the time being. JS actually has five 50s under his belt. Averages 22, which is not good but was our norm until about 2 years ago. We clearly miss Raqibul.

Mushfiq has to be promoted and a wicket-keeper taken in his place. I can bet that if a spinner is bowling he will drop [ or even altogether miss ] more than half the chances offered. This cannot go on. His keeping is a joke !

Ironically, this will not weaken the side but actually strengthen it.

Firstly, the best keeper comes in [ Dhiman or Saghir ]. Then we choose the six best batsmen. Mushfiq will be one of them. Mushfiq can be the keeper in ODIs, if necessary.

The team could be:

Tamim
Junaid
Mushfiq
Raqibul, if available or Aftab / Ashraful.
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Naeem
Dhiman/Saghir
Rubel
Shafiul
Razzak / Shahadat or whoever.

BD-Shardul
March 13, 2010, 01:21 PM

Reality check is easy: We SUCK.

auntu
March 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
[বাংলা]হায় করুন বাস্তবতা।
[/বাংলা]

Tehsin
March 13, 2010, 01:58 PM
Why do people still talk about Aftab and test in the same sentence? He did worse then I thought he would do (10 runs and maybe a combined 20 in two innings) and unless he gets really LUCKY by whacking indescriminately, he won't even get avarage of 10 for this test.

Junaid continues his failtu performance along with Imrul. Shakib proved Lota right and gave his wicket away facig only 20-odd balls for his one with less than two overs to go. Bell and Colly did not look comfortable against spin but they did not give away their wickets (Mushy and the umps helped). Why can't we have batsme who put a price on their wicket?

Imtiazk
March 13, 2010, 02:20 PM
Why can't we have batsme who put a price on their wicket?

Like Raqibul, you mean, or , even Khaled Mashud from a bygone era.

Raqibul has got the humps and started to throw toys from the pram !!!

al Furqaan
March 13, 2010, 06:14 PM

my OP was pretty much spot on. except that we will likely be following on due largely to sakib's indiscretion. 50-75 from him would have changed the scenario drastically.

i was hoping for production from all top 8 batsmen, but predicted that only the big 4 would cash in and give us 300 runs with the other 7 players giving us 100 more.

so far big 4 = 133 runs (tamim and mushy still to bat)
everyone else = 21 runs (includes extras)

so my predicted ratio is more or less spot on. instead of 3 to 1, its 6 and a half to 1. bottom line is big 4 have done everything and i was hoping others would help a bit more. clearly thats not to be.

so all hope on mushy and tamim now.

also i will be keeping a close eye on Naeem. i am a big believer that he can be the 5th wheel to make it a big 5.

Russell2k7
March 13, 2010, 06:24 PM
We all know that ENG won't have much response to Tamim, the rest of the goons are more or less won't qualify as a club cricketers.

capslock
March 13, 2010, 08:28 PM
Why do people still talk about Aftab and test in the same sentence? He did worse then I thought he would do (10 runs and maybe a combined 20 in two innings) and unless he gets really LUCKY by whacking indescriminately, he won't even get avarage of 10 for this test.

Junaid continues his failtu performance along with Imrul. Shakib proved Lota right and gave his wicket away facig only 20-odd balls for his one with less than two overs to go. Bell and Colly did not look comfortable against spin but they did not give away their wickets (Mushy and the umps helped). Why can't we have batsme who put a price on their wicket?

Honestly, because they started playing international cricket too young.

betaar
March 13, 2010, 08:48 PM
Why can't we have batsme who put a price on their wicket?

They do but the price is in TK. Against pound or dollar it's nothing.....

al Furqaan
March 14, 2010, 05:15 PM
and the thread is vindicated, not by this match, or today's play, but general trends.

this is now 8 straight games without innings defeats to a team which otherwise loses 75% of matches by an innings. there is at least one fightback in every test, again something that didn't happen before except once every several matches/series.

the big 4 can now be expanded to a big 5 (tamim/sakib/rahim/riyad/naeem).

big 5 came short of my hope-for 300 by 45 runs, getting 255. other six couldn't manage even 42 runs between them, and three of those six are top order batters. that we will play well into the 4th day, possibly into a 5th day, and still fought back a bit, is testament to how valuable those 5 are.

again the real kudos is to Siddons who has stuck by those 5 and built up a solid core.

we just need to find 2 more batsmen who, even averaging a consistent 25, will change the equation significantly.

yaseer
March 14, 2010, 07:56 PM
this is now 8 straight games without innings defeats to a team which otherwise loses 75% of matches by an innings. there is at least one fightback in every test, again something that didn't happen before except once every several matches/series.

AF bhai, Where you see fight back in this current test? you consider 131/5 as a fight back? How mate? Are we back in the match?

There is a difference between "fight" and "fight back". By "fight back", I mean getting back in the match. We are never in this match. England took a massive 303 lead and if we bowled them out less than 100, then we could have (?) said that. Their lead is now 434!!!

Then lets go back to the last NZ Test. We just able to avoid the follow-on. Till NZ had the 1st innings lead of 145. Where is the fight-back. Is avoiding follow-on is equal to getting back in the match? We were never in the match. I can say our middle order showed some fight and we were not walk in the park.

Then go further behind, 2nd Test against India, were we get back in the match at any stage? Never. Tamim showed some fight and glimpse that we may get back to match. That is it. But never was in the match.

Those are all showing some "fight" to me. Not "fight back" as we never on the match and always chasing the game.

Ajfar
March 14, 2010, 08:06 PM

Rakib is a clown for the BS he pulled right before the first test match, and he should serve some kind of punishment. Even after all that BS if this kid got one things its determination, he was determined to get back at the selector so his only way back to the team was scoring against ENG, and he did. Even though his thoughts were all screwed up, his process proved he has the determination in him to prove people wrong.