PDA

View Full Version : I'd Belatedly Like to Say That

WI4EVER
March 13, 2010, 04:27 PM
I was impressed with the Bangladesh A team. Especially Raquibul, its a shame he retired. The team batted well in the 2nd innings. If those who go on to play Test Cricket from the A team can do the same over 5 days, then there is a lot to be excited about. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Remember this: A wise old cricketing head once told me, "Son, you do not only confirm the strength of a cricket team by the quality of the players that make the team, but more importantly by the quality of the players that cannot make the team".

rashed411
March 13, 2010, 06:49 PM
I was impressed with the Bangladesh A team. Especially Raquibul, its a shame he retired. The team batted well in the 2nd innings. If those who go on to play Test Cricket from the A team can do the same over 5 days, then there is a lot to be excited about. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Remember this: A wise old cricketing head once told me, "Son, you do not only confirm the strength of a cricket team by the quality of the players that make the team, but more importantly by the quality of the players that cannot make the team".

dont worry Raqibul un-retired.

WI4EVER
March 13, 2010, 06:56 PM
dont worry Raqibul un-retired.

Really? Forgive me for not knowing, just get back into following cricket, still getting up to date.

Ahmed_B
March 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
"Son, you do not only confirm the strength of a cricket team by the quality of the players that make the team, but more importantly by the quality of the players that cannot make the team".
Priceless! :up:

Rabz
March 14, 2010, 04:14 AM
Bhaijanera, chup thaiken.
Amader ei bideshi bhai ke ar bolar dorkar nai ditio innings e ki hoisilo.
Uni mone hoy run er bohor dekhe mone korse amra darun batting korsi.

auntu
March 14, 2010, 04:25 AM
bhaijanera, chup thaiken.
[বাংলা]খেক খেক...চাইপা যাওয়াই উত্তম...[/বাংলা]

al-Sagar
March 14, 2010, 04:31 AM
Bhaijanera, chup thaiken.

dollar ar shuvagoto er score deikkha mone hoy bhabse je amader desh e new yousuf pathan ar shane watson jonmo nise

shujan
March 14, 2010, 06:20 AM
I

True.. We have some solid test players like
Tamim(Batting)
Mahmudullah(Batting)
Shakib(Batting & Bowling)
Rubel(Fast bowling)
Razzaq(Spin bowling)

Above 5 players are taking our test matches in 5th day consistently with some contribution coming from other players in the roster. If I may compare Bangladesh batting line up with England batting lineup? England top 5 batsman avgs are above 40 Cook, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior and Broad. Bangladesh has 3 batsman with avg above 30 Tamim, Shakib, and Mahmudullah. Bangladesh need to find 5 batsman who can keep their avg aroung Mid 30 consistently(In more then 10 Test). Their are new batsman waiting in the pipline like Jahurul and other. Hopefully Raqibul and new once will get their chances to show they can be as solid as Tamim and Mahmudullah.

BanCricFan
March 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
A side where a player like Asraful cannot get in must be a quality side ;)