PDA

View Full Version : Where is the crowd ?

Woodster
March 13, 2010, 08:58 PM
I am amazed by the lack of people (Bangladeshis) watching this first Test match between England and Bangladesh ?I expected there to be a fair turnout from the locals. Why is it that such a passionate nation for cricket is not turning out for a Test match ? Maybe there is a most logical explanation that I'm unaware of, ticket prices, location, etc, but currently I am confused.

Rifat
March 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
Woodster, Welcome to BanglaCricket. it is rather a simple equation, People have jobs, they have to study, family to take care of, especially when your team Loses ALL THE TIME: what is your incentive to support a Bunch of Losers(Except Tamim, Riyad and a few others from time to time...) for the lack of a better adjective?

AsifTheManRahman
March 13, 2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, no one likes losers.

amar11432
March 13, 2010, 09:25 PM
I am amazed by the lack of people (Bangladeshis) watching this first Test match between England and Bangladesh ?I expected there to be a fair turnout from the locals. Why is it that such a passionate nation for cricket is not turning out for a Test match ? Maybe there is a most logical explanation that I'm unaware of, ticket prices, location, etc, but currently I am confused.

No one watches 5 full days of Test match, your typical hardcore fans would be exception to this rule. So why would the situation in Bangladesh be any different than anywhere else in the world?

amar11432
March 13, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, no one likes losers.

yep, this too. Pretty pointless when you already know the result in day 1.

shovon13
March 13, 2010, 10:20 PM
Dhaka test might see more people coming to the grounds.

Aritro
March 14, 2010, 08:39 AM
Our test match crowds, while tiny compared to those in England and Australia, are generally healthier than what I've seen in India and Sri Lanka's home tests.

The crowd for this particular match is smaller than what we're used to, due to the state of the match, but I think the Dhaka crowd may be more in keeping with what you expected.

And really, I think England and Australia are the only two places where they still get decent sized crowds for tests, bar the odd glamour series (India at home vs Australia etc.). Test match crowds in South Africa, Pakistan and New Zealand are truly pathetic.

FagunerAgun
March 14, 2010, 10:21 AM
The crowd may not be interested that much because even if they see an innings going good, they can not rely on it, they know the typical BD collapse can come any time, discouraging to come and cheer.

bangla-red
March 14, 2010, 11:54 AM
It's all about Tamim. More people go when they know that he is batting.

dolcevita
March 14, 2010, 12:04 PM
It's all about Tamim. More people go when they know that he is batting.

Tomorrow their will be good crowd because BD will bats , people don't like we BD field...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

billah
March 14, 2010, 05:01 PM
Just let Tamim go at it tomorrow...

The stadium will fill up in less than half an hour. The rate at which the crowd builds up in Bangladesh, the barmy army has never ever seen anything like it in their entire 130 year history of cricket. Shakib's poor decision to bowl and the subsequent momentum of this match has just killed it all.

Woodster
March 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yes sure I appreciate that Test macth crowds all over the world are pretty sparse, but places like New Zealand and South Africa I suppose cricket is not essentially the main sport. Also the fact that Bangladesh are yet to experience any run of favourable results will undoubtedely have numbers dwindling. Peeple have to work and support their family, absolutely, these are all understandable reasons for the crowd not be too high, yet despite all these reasons I do still expect the grounds to be of a fuller nature with all the passion for cricket within the nation.

I will await to see what Dhaka brings with anticipation.