PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on getting banned

Zunaid
March 13, 2010, 11:19 PM
These preemptive congratulatory threads are getting extremely annoying and definitely goes against the spirit of BC. I know emotions are raw but that does not excuse the annoyances.

SO congrats! You may be next.

cricman
March 13, 2010, 11:19 PM
Assad is temporary right?

Tintin
March 13, 2010, 11:23 PM
Nobody is banned.....Till now ;) .

Zunaid
March 13, 2010, 11:24 PM
Aye - consider my post a shot across the bow

capslock
March 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
I salute you sir!

al-Sagar
March 13, 2010, 11:56 PM
i think we need a threas " congratualtion bangladesh for winning WC 20XX, XX>50"

capslock
March 14, 2010, 12:06 AM
i think we need a threas " congratualtion bangladesh for winning WC 20XX, XX>50"

Go for it.

Ajfar
March 14, 2010, 12:06 AM
and what about countdown threads?

amar11432
March 14, 2010, 12:08 AM
U guys are mean.

Zunaid
March 14, 2010, 12:09 AM
U guys are mean.

Congrats!

amar11432
March 14, 2010, 12:14 AM
Congrats!

Damn u one Alpha Brah, srsly.

fishyguy
March 14, 2010, 12:46 AM
Anyone notice the irony of this thread

AsifTheManRahman
March 14, 2010, 12:48 AM
Anyone notice the irony of this thread
Good catch :)

al Furqaan
March 14, 2010, 02:54 AM
i will be starting the countdown to getting banned threads now.

:D

Rabz
March 14, 2010, 04:10 AM
Ban Ki Moon!!

Omio
March 14, 2010, 06:00 AM
I was expecting something like "Congrats Mushfique for his brilliant 71". ;)

Shaan
March 14, 2010, 06:07 AM
where is Nadim !!

Equinox
March 14, 2010, 06:18 AM
Thank you!

Naimul_Hd
March 14, 2010, 07:09 AM
where is Nadim !!

dnt worry...he is here in disguise ! :-D

_Rafi_
March 14, 2010, 07:30 AM
The thread opener himself should be banned for opening this type of thread.

WarWolf
March 14, 2010, 07:46 AM
The thread opener himself should be banned for opening this type of thread.

By himself?

_Rafi_
March 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
By himself?
ofcourse. His last action:-)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

kazis2007
March 14, 2010, 08:35 AM
mushfiq will retried soon bcz of bc fans criticis

Kabir
March 14, 2010, 08:58 AM
Can we ban Capslock?
His signature is longer than 3 lines. It's 6 lines, with 3 blank lines.

Can we also ban Zunaid bhai?
He advertises for Virtual Bangladesh on BC, which the code of conduct for BC.

If not ban, at least a warning will do. Also, we definitely want to make sure that they ALSO follow the rules laid out by ...

FagunerAgun
March 14, 2010, 10:18 AM
Can we ban Capslock?

If not ban, at least a warning will do. Also, we definitely want to make sure that they ALSO follow the rules laid out by ...
Wonderful! This is a rare awareness of fairness in BC.

Kabir
March 14, 2010, 10:41 AM
Btw, if anyone thinks that VirtualBangladesh is a website that does NOT profit, think again.

The site's full of Google Ads, and every single time you click on that, there's money in the owner's pocket. So, putting a hyperlink to VirtualBangladesh from BC will earn a few extra clicks to the Google Ads, hence more money. That is a sweet way of advertising, isn't it? But is that allowed? I know others have linked to their personal site, but I haven't seen anyone making money out of it.

Just my two poishas, before I get banned.

hoodlum
March 14, 2010, 11:18 AM
Why was Nadim 98 banned?

Ashraf-FTP
March 14, 2010, 11:45 AM
Why just congrats threads?? There are much more annoying threads. Like "I hope BD wins" and other sh!t.

And I agree Kabir bhai. But they are never gonna ban themselves, cause they are the "boss" right? They rule however they want. They themselves are not guilty.

And cant you ban someone for banning someone for a stupid reason? That would have been great :D

Ananna
March 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
A guy named Nazmul was badmouthing all the BC members/users in allsportslive.info. Apparently he was very angry on BC. Was he banned from this site?

Zeeshan
March 14, 2010, 01:16 PM
Can we ban Capslock?

Kabir bhai should get the customer user title BC Gangster

Nocturnal
March 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
A guy named Nazmul was badmouthing all the BC members/users in allsportslive.info. Apparently he was very angry on BC. Was he banned from this site?

can't remember member Nazmul being banned! he must be here with some other Nick.
may be it's our bowler Nazmul who got the name "Naz apa" here in BC :-p

riankhan
March 14, 2010, 03:07 PM

Yes, I saw that and actually......I was watching him for a while using un-acceptable words in public chat room. It looks odd as a Bangladeshi

Peace
March 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
Wonderful! This is a rare awareness of fairness in BC.

Fairness and equality are not the same entity. You are probably getting mixed up.

For example, in a democratic fair society, a ruling president enjoys more privileges than an ordinary citizen. These extra privileges do not ensure equality, but may be deemed to be fair.
So I reject the notion that fairness = equality.

Kabir
March 14, 2010, 07:05 PM
Oh no, here comes the pocha dim logic again!!!

Tehsin
March 14, 2010, 08:10 PM
Democracy - being able to question certain practices by the admins for AGES and still not getting banned. What does that say about the fairness from the admin's and mod's? :)

Not sure who Nazmul is but according to riankhan, he "was watching him for a while using un-acceptable words in public chat room. It looks odd as a Bangladeshi". Odd for a Bangladeshi but not odd for a majority of folks who have been banned from BC. What does that say to you about those folks? <!-- / message -->

Fazal
March 14, 2010, 08:22 PM
to question 1:
... that says amader MODra Chadeer moto pobitro?

to question 2:
... that says those folks are drain-er paanir moto durgondo jukto?

FagunerAgun
March 14, 2010, 08:57 PM
:floor::floor::floor: May God bestow peace on them.

Fazal
March 14, 2010, 09:02 PM
This thread is unique in a way. How often you get congratulation for getting banned?

This thread deserve its own picture. Here is one suggestion:

http://www.freethinker.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cyclists.jpg
CONGRATULATIONS FOR GETTING BANNED... From the MODs

deshifan
March 14, 2010, 09:11 PM
Some folks who are neither Bangladeshi nor well-wisher of our cricket deserve to be banned.

:flag::flag::flag:

Peace
March 14, 2010, 09:18 PM

So, if you disagree with my logic, where is your counter logic?

In the absence of such counter argument, I must conclude that pocha dim = no counter logic.

Tehsin
March 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
1 - mostly. There's always a few decisions that are borderline and mildy questionable. They are human. In general, they show fairness.

2 - Not all of them were "durgondo jukto", majority were. Some durgondo came in the form of brand new member silply posting links to unvarified sites. It's like this, what would you do if someone comes to your house and hits on your sister/wife after you specifically tell them not to? Besides the posted rules and reg, ALL banned folks get a warning, sometimes multiple, before they get banned. We try not to bother other members be a spectacle to the interaction between the mods and the violators. We've been hear long enough to see the difference between BC and other open and democratic forums that are "family friendly".

to question 1:
... that says amader MODra Chadeer moto pobitro?

to question 2:
... that says those folks are drain-er paanir moto durgondo jukto?

riankhan
March 15, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hmm....kind of fishy....
The character... "Nazmul" (in allsportslive.com site) appeared only when Ash was dropped.
And, he was talking abt giving "Thappor" as well.......hmmm.......hmmmmmm.......
I am sure he will be vanished when Ash will be back to the NT (but might appear in lunch/tea breaks)......:D

auntu
March 15, 2010, 12:32 PM
One of the most interesting thread of recent time.

One question came to mind: Does this thread deserves to be in the Bangladesh cricket section/FC /Support or Announcement section?

এরে বলে চান্স নেয়া... ;)

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2010, 01:00 PM
এরে বলে চান্স নেয়া... ;)

This thread is a bait (Look at Kabir bhai). You cross the line and you get congratulated for getting banned.

Ahsan
March 22, 2010, 11:27 AM
Boss, can I open yet another congratulations thread? I would like to congratulate Sir Tucker and Sir Hill for their upcoming Knighthoods.

Ananna
March 22, 2010, 11:33 AM
Can you ban Tucker and Hill?

BANFAN
April 10, 2010, 01:56 AM
This thread is a bait (Look at Kabir bhai). You cross the line and you get congratulated for getting banned.

Was this really a bait .... Shardul ? You smelled it so well, just miss judged the direction. :(

Casualty of a pre-emptive thead ?? At least, his ban is an example for side effects of pre-emptive threads.

riankhan
April 10, 2010, 04:27 AM
was this really a bait .... Shardul ? You smelled it so well, just miss judged the direction. :(

casualty of a pre-emptive thead ?? At least, his ban is an example for side effects of pre-emptive threads.

ban ban fan..........:d

cricket_king
April 10, 2010, 08:00 AM
You know this could be considered a pretty intimidating thread for a newbie.

Niceman70
April 18, 2010, 12:33 AM
Moderating is not an easy job and it can get tougher once moderators start to catch people's feelings. :)<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bond
April 18, 2010, 01:46 AM
I miss the banned brothers and aunties. The site needs the old legends back.

Bikhari
April 18, 2010, 03:00 AM
I miss the banned brothers and aunties. The site needs the old legends back.

Aunties? :lol:

by the way i don't get this thread:-|

Ajfar
April 18, 2010, 08:56 AM
by the way i don't get this thread:-|

I don't think you were around this thread was made, so here is the story. For a short while our batsman's started scoring hundreds and fifties more often than they used to. In the past 50s and 100s specially in test was very rare, so people started opening up congratulation every time someone was scoring big. It was fine for maiden centuries but than it started getting a little annoying, so mods decided to do something about it. and that's where this thread comes in.

Rizvi
April 19, 2010, 05:31 PM
We should also do the people's vote to request a ban!

Request - Please ban AK420! I know you all feel it inside deep somewhere...

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2010, 10:09 AM
We should also do the people's vote to request a ban!

Request - Please ban AK420! I know you all feel it inside deep somewhere...
He is just a kid. Just take away his "New thread" button. He will grow up like many others. :)

Or

Make a rule that one can not open a thread without 500 posts. If one has less than 500 posts and he/she wants to open a thread, then they have to get permission from one of the Mods (via) PMs.

riankhan
April 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
Make a rule that one can not open a thread without 500 posts.

L-) I like the idea

Have to make:
500 post to become eligible to open a thread
1000 post to become eligible to get married
1006 post to become eligible to "kill cat" on wedding night
:)

Ajfar
April 20, 2010, 11:41 AM
L-) I like the idea

Have to make:
500 post to become eligible to open a thread
1000 post to become eligible to get married
1006 post to become eligible to "kill cat" on wedding night
:)

1 post with the word villiage idiot in it and you are eligible for fazal mamu's crew.

riankhan
April 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
1 post with the word villiage idiot in it and you are eligible for fazal mamu's crew.

He is a legend, my idol (on hating Ash)
I would love to join his crew...n now.....I am confused:confused::confused: