PDA

View Full Version : Biased Umpiring going too far

Nafi
March 14, 2010, 09:56 AM

Bresnan to Shahadat Hossain, no run, 86.7 mph, well, that's bizarre...the ball comes off Shahadat's shoulder and Prior drops the 'catch', but Rod Tucker gives him out before reversing the decision having noticed the ball wasn't taken...but it would have been an incorrect 'out' call anyway

This prejudice against Bangladesh from umpires, really is getting out of hand

Kabir
March 14, 2010, 10:00 AM
One word - CHALLENGE

But given that we still suck, even correcting the umpiring decisions will not help. In fact, I find that this is one way of avoiding the fact that we suck, which really sucks.

FagunerAgun
March 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
We need to prove more to win these bad decisions.

samircreep
March 14, 2010, 10:43 AM
two very marginal lbw decisions went against the british today. Theres no biased umpiring, just inept one.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

SMHasan
March 14, 2010, 10:48 AM
two very marginal lbw decisions went against the british today. Theres no biased umpiring, just inept one.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

True. But how Mr Tucker gave that one out when Prior dropped that??

BD-Shardul
March 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
[বাংলা]আগে নিজের ঘর সামলানো দরকার, তারপর না হয় এইসব আলোচনা করা যাবে। নিজের ঘরেই যেখানে চলমান উইকেট আছে তিন খান, সেখানে আম্পায়ারের একটা ভুল সিদ্ধান্ত আলোচনা [/বাংলা] unwarranted.

Fazal
March 14, 2010, 10:53 AM
Was watching the replay and slow motion of 1st day's out. Was Aftab's out was a genuine out?

Looks to me it didn't touched the gloves. Shouldn't the batsman gets the benefit of Doubt atleast?

BD-Shardul
March 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
Was watching the replay and slow motion of 1st day's out. Was Aftab's out was a genuine out?

Looks to me it didn't touched the gloves. Shouldn't the batsman gets the benefit of Doubt atleast?

Cricinfo said the ball touched Aftab's gloves as per the replay.

Ajfar
March 14, 2010, 11:00 AM

I think the bigger question here is, why the heck was he even playing that shot at that time knowing we were 2 down already?

Fazal
March 14, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think the bigger question here is, why the heck was he even playing that shot at that time knowing we were 2 down already?
That's a good question, but the topic of this thread is about different issue i.e. bad umpiring.

Rabz
March 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
Exactly Bd_Sy.
That shot was uncalled for.
It wasn't the perfect time to be cheeky and all so sweet.
There was no reason to try dragging a ball outside offstump in the first place.

Fazal
March 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricinfo said the ball touched Aftab's gloves as per the replay.

I know. But don;t agree. If you have access to espn360, its there to review it as may times as you want. In the slowmo... it looks to me it just barely missed his gloved. They showed the slow motion in different angles later, bu that time Cric Info commented on initial commentator's analysis.

Ist not clear though, either way... that why I was saying should it go to batsman's way?

AsifTheManRahman
March 14, 2010, 12:02 PM
Tucker is a joker.

Zeeshan
March 14, 2010, 12:47 PM
^ Seriously. That was pure embarrassment on Rajib's one. Tucker must have been sipping those Lil Wayne syrup.

Ananna
March 14, 2010, 12:51 PM

Aftab's one was not out for sure.

alibangali
March 14, 2010, 01:24 PM
Umpires will most likely give 50/50 decisions against us since we have a spineless bcb. Even the british commies have more spine than our board.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

_Rafi_
March 14, 2010, 02:19 PM
I should stay away from Tucker. Dont want to get banned anymore.
I hope BD will also stay away from Tuker and Asoka in future.

gunda
March 14, 2010, 02:24 PM
Why are we complaining? If the players and management hasn't got any balls and not saying a word then why are we wasting our breath and opening threads 1000 miles away here?

Zeeshan
March 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
Why are we complaining? If the players and management hasn't got any balls and not saying a word then why are we wasting our breath and opening threads 1000 miles away here?

That breath may be butterfly's wings. :-D

Miraz
March 14, 2010, 02:35 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Can't agree more. Ashoka is miles ahead of Tucker. Tucker is the worst umpire I have ever witnessed in international cricket.

Zunaid
March 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
Can't agree more. Ashoka is miles ahead of Tucker. Tucker is the worst umpire I have ever witnessed in international cricket.

He gives ineptitude a bad name. I cannot fathom how he made it to the elite panel.

Peace
March 14, 2010, 02:54 PM
I think one can not be an elite umpire unless he is capable of pleasing the big boys, of course, at the cost of “minnows”. This is the underwriter’s rule implemented by ICC.

riankhan
March 14, 2010, 02:59 PM

He cant be worse than Enamul!

wiseshah
March 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
Tired of complain abt umpire

how come cricinfo never talk abt this
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

cricket_pagol
March 14, 2010, 03:44 PM
it's unfortunate that we had to deal with these inept umpires in our test matches... Even the Bangladeshi umpire who adjudicate in our games suck (talkin' about Moni here)...

Imtiazk
March 14, 2010, 04:13 PM
Weak sides always complain about umpiring ! Has anybody written here that Trott was not out in the first innings ?

bujhee kom
March 14, 2010, 04:15 PM
Weak sides always complain about umpiring ! Has anybody written here that Trott was not out in the first innings ?

Excellent point!!

alibangali
March 14, 2010, 04:38 PM

Assuming your terming bangladesh as a "weak side" then your comment is factually incorrect. No member of the bangladesh team or management or even board have complained about poor umpiring. Its only us fans and we have all the right to express our opinions.

Secondly English Commentators and Media are extremely critical of any decisions given against england. They have made outbursts and whined about poor umpiring when it goes against them. Our media and commentators are much less spineless so they dont really say much.

I cant say much about the england team or management since i can't recollect any instances that i have either read, heard or seen them complain about poor umpiring.

Peace
March 14, 2010, 04:45 PM
In cricket, there will always be a few decisions that will go against every team, after all, the umpires are human. For example, if an umpire gives an incorrect decision against both teams, you can not complain about that umpire. You also need to consider other factors such as how difficult it was for the umpire to make the decision, how close was the decision, who should get the benefit of the doubt, most importantly, the circumstances in the game. In the 1st ODI, Tucker gave three lives to Morgan, and he went on to score hundred for England and won the game. In the third ODI, when Shakib was scoring fluently, he was given a terrible LBW out by Moni, which cost us the game. The above mentioned bias decisions were significant in deciding the outcome of the game. On the other hand, Trot’s out decision was not significant at all, because it would not decide the outcome of the game. So, when a bad decision is made, it should be judged on its merit, taking all relevant circumstances into consideration.

You should also consider that big teams can always recover from one or two bad umpiring decisions, where as team like us will struggle to recover from such bad decisions. That is why ICC should ensure a better protection from bad umpiring decisions for the developing teams.

Zunaid
March 14, 2010, 05:07 PM
Seen in Dhaka:

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/wanted.jpg

BD-Shardul
March 14, 2010, 05:13 PM
^^Gold.

kalpurush
March 14, 2010, 05:58 PM
Seen in Dhaka:

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/wanted.jpg
Priceless!! Boss rules. :)

kalpurush
March 14, 2010, 06:08 PM
In cricket, there will always be a few decisions that will go against every team, after all, the umpires are human. For example, if an umpire gives an incorrect decision against both teams, you can not complain about that umpire. You also need to consider other factors such as how difficult it was for the umpire to make the decision, how close was the decision, who should get the benefit of the doubt, most importantly, the circumstances in the game. In the 1st ODI, Tucker gave three lives to Morgan, and he went on to score hundred for England and won the game. In the third ODI, when Shakib was scoring fluently, he was given a terrible LBW out by Moni, which cost us the game. The above mentioned bias decisions were significant in deciding the outcome of the game. On the other hand, Trot’s out decision was not significant at all, because it would not decide the outcome of the game. So, when a bad decision is made, it should be judged on its merit, taking all relevant circumstances into consideration.

You should also consider that big teams can always recover from one or two bad umpiring decisions, where as team like us will struggle to recover from such bad decisions. That is why ICC should ensure a better protection from bad umpiring decisions for the developing teams.
Couldn't say it better! :up::up:

Zeeshan
March 14, 2010, 06:31 PM
Seen in Dhaka:

Haha at least you made me ask myself if it was real or fake. Result? Pass.

BD Tigers
March 14, 2010, 07:39 PM
Aftab was not out, or at least it was not conclusive from the replay. There was definitely a doubt and it always goes to batsman. But because of inept umpire tucker, he does not care.

On the other hand, I applaud Prior's quick response that it was not out, unlike some NZ players.

godzilla
March 14, 2010, 09:45 PM

I think you are forgeting the series between INDIA vs AUSTRALIA where a lot of bad umpiring decisions was given and INDIA threatened to pull out of the series. And if you think that INDIA is a weak side you are dead wrong there ...

al-Sagar
March 14, 2010, 10:11 PM
we seem to get the benefit of doubt almost never

arsenalsri
March 15, 2010, 02:27 AM
Well hopefully at least this will spur the team to ask for UDRS for home games. If after this they are still not bothered to get UDRS then may be the team themselves are not bothered about the poor umpiring

cricketboy
March 15, 2010, 03:16 AM
Shakib was unlucky in the 3rd ODI and also in this 2nd innings.

al-Sagar
March 15, 2010, 03:18 AM
SO it goes on

Purbasha T
March 15, 2010, 06:09 AM
Actually from now on Shakib when he comes to bat should tell the umpire, look ya baldy man i'm gonna play jhaaru-shots now and then, so you make sure you take the glasses off and see properly, otherwise you know my arm-ball? right, this time you'll see my arm-bat, it will come with the arm straight to you. :mad:

And this should be done every over (even better, every delivery).

SMHasan
March 15, 2010, 09:19 AM
I am shocked with this quality of umpiring. Today Shakib received a shocking decision from Tony Hill.

If we receive 1/2 bad decisions in every match then what we can do? I don't know how to react. Really need to do something to protest.

Morpheous
March 15, 2010, 09:28 AM
I am shocked with this quality of umpiring. Today Shakib received a shocking decision from Tony Hill.

If we receive 1/2 bad decisions in every match then what we can do? I don't know how to react. Really need to do something to protest.

Something gotta happen with Umpiring.....cant take it anymore

Rizvi
March 15, 2010, 09:35 AM
Shocker's from Ashoka!
Tucker the Joker!
Moni is a Phony!

reyme
March 15, 2010, 10:21 AM
In the 1st ODI, Tucker gave three lives to Morgan, and he went on to score hundred for England and won the game. In the third ODI, when Shakib was scoring fluently, he was given a terrible LBW out by Moni, which cost us the game. The above mentioned bias decisions were significant in deciding the outcome of the game. On the other hand, Trot’s out decision was not significant at all, because it would not decide the outcome of the game.

That is why ICC should ensure a better protection from bad umpiring decisions for the developing teams.

Exactly. Biased umpiring is deciding the outcome of the games. If we had fair umpiring, we could even won the ODI series against England...that would have woke up the cricket world...instead we got whitewashed.

ahms
March 15, 2010, 10:25 AM
My word to Shakib, stay focused. They can't stop you. Roar like a tiger.

reyme
March 15, 2010, 10:30 AM
[বাংলা]আগে নিজের ঘর সামলানো দরকার, তারপর না হয় এইসব আলোচনা করা যাবে। নিজের ঘরেই যেখানে চলমান উইকেট আছে তিন খান, সেখানে আম্পায়ারের একটা ভুল সিদ্ধান্ত আলোচনা [/বাংলা] unwarranted.

Thats a pathetic comment. I wish you did not have "BD" before your name. We went out there to play and we were winning with whatever we had. But if the umpires constantly give wrong decisions against us then whats the point of even going out there in the middle?

Just becasue some one is not a A+ student does it mean that he wont go to school? And then when he is taking exam, if the teacher intentionally gives him D's and F's instead of A, or B that he actually deserved, the can you blame the student? Is it fair?

Lets have a neutral ground first, then we should talk about team selection. Otherwise with all that is going out there recently, even team Australia cant win against these biased decisions.

reyme
March 15, 2010, 10:31 AM
My word to Shakib, stay focused. They can't stop you. Roar like a tiger.

When he get out Gloves before Wicket, he does not have much room to roar...

alibangali
March 15, 2010, 10:45 AM
Something gotta happen with Umpiring.....cant take it anymore

Its so frustrating sometimes i switch the game off in disgust after i have calmed down i start watching the game again:
someone has to do something about this. i think Miraz bhai should write an article to kit it off then our media and then hopefully bcb would react and put in a formal complaint
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2010, 11:14 AM
thats a pathetic comment. I wish you did not have "bd" before your name. We went out there to play and we were winning with whatever we had. But if the umpires constantly give wrong decisions against us then whats the point of even going out there in the middle?

Just becasue some one is not a a+ student does it mean that he wont go to school? And then when he is taking exam, if the teacher intentionally gives him d's and f's instead of a, or b that he actually deserved, the can you blame the student? Is it fair?

Lets have a neutral ground first, then we should talk about team selection. Otherwise with all that is going out there recently, even team australia cant win against these biased decisions.

[বাংলা]দুর্বল টীম হয়ে আম্পায়ারিং নিইয়ে আমরা যদি বেশি আওয়াজ করি, মানুষ আমাদের মুখের উপর বলে দিবে আমরা কেমন দল।[/বাংলা]

auntu
March 15, 2010, 12:04 PM
He gives ineptitude a bad name. I cannot fathom how he made it to the elite panel.
Just to fill up a Aussie spot in the panel.