PDA

View Full Version : Who is Cally Barlow talking about?

abu2abu
March 15, 2010, 05:21 AM
I'm everyone's seen this piece on Cricinfo: http://blogs.cricinfo.com/tourdiaries/archives/2010/03/eddies_barlow_m.php.

I am intrigued by this line, who do you think Cally Barlow was referring to when she said this:

The class of 2000 were all out in force – Akram Khan, Habibul Bashar, and a certain former player whom she greeted, with mock admonishment, as “a very naughty boy”, before expressing incredulity that he’d actually settled down and married.?

Rabz
March 15, 2010, 05:25 AM
It has to be one and only Mehrab Hossain Opi.
I'd assume so.

Banglatiger84
March 15, 2010, 05:29 AM
Take your pick from Pilot, Opi, or Shanto maybe?

Definitely not Bulbul, Nannu or the anti-BD umpire

Ashfaq
March 15, 2010, 05:37 AM
Me thinks it's Rokon.

Sohel
March 15, 2010, 05:41 AM
MeHo Opi for sure. The naughtiest of them all from that era. The ODI 100 against Zim accelerated his "naughtiness" to total dysfunction and debauchery. Now the only dail he consumes is the the traditional mug-moshur concoction prepared by his lovely wife.

abu2abu
March 15, 2010, 05:51 AM
Interesting suggestions. I thought it might be Pilot, but I'm probably wrong...

Nafi
March 15, 2010, 06:04 AM
Pilot probably

Purbasha T
March 15, 2010, 06:05 AM
It's me. :blush:

beshideshi
March 15, 2010, 06:36 AM
Didn't Mehrab Hossain beat up his wife? If so, then justifying the *naughty* tag :)

Shehwar
March 15, 2010, 06:56 AM
Shanto used to be very NAUGHTY hanging out in DOHS area ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

abu2abu
March 15, 2010, 08:27 AM
I read "naughty" as referring to womanising, I could be wrong of course. But if that is what she meant then maybe not opi (he has two wives, but I'm not sure if he was unmarried when he played for BD).

Beshideshi, you're right Opi's 1st wife accused him of hitting her.

I still think it's pilot. I don't know much about shanto, but Pilot's dalliances are well-known...

Maximillian
March 15, 2010, 08:35 AM
Its Shanto. Because of his dashing good looks and playful character.

CI remarked of his good looks (and adding - relative to other bangladeshis), in its article, during a tour.

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2010, 08:56 AM
Relative to other Bangladeshis? LOL.

abu2abu
March 15, 2010, 09:02 AM

CI remarked of his good looks (and adding - relative to other bangladeshis), in its article, during a tour.

I'd be interested in reading that article if you could find it. I can't find it on cricinfo. His profile picture looks good though...

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2010, 09:24 AM
Girls were crazy for Shanto in the ICC trophy days.

auntu
March 15, 2010, 12:34 PM
It should be the great Wills Little Flower kid..Mehrab Hossain Opi. :D

Need confirmation from Rabz bhai. (Incidentally another ex-WLF kid) ;)

Nocturnal
March 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
It would be either Opi or Shanto!
Rokon settled in NZ!

auntu
March 15, 2010, 01:23 PM
It would be either Opi or Shanto!
Rokon settled in NZ!
Must be Opi. Shanto was a [বাংলা]দুধের শিশু[/বাংলা] comparing with Opi.

Peace
March 15, 2010, 04:03 PM
I think she was referring to Taposh Bashyia. In the past days, girls were crazy Because of his tigarish tough looks and stubborn character.

NKVDv2
March 15, 2010, 08:54 PM
For all of you guys who were born yesterday, and read of eddie in the books, its Shanto.

Sohel
March 15, 2010, 08:57 PM
If CI mentioned "good looking" then it MUST be Shanto.

bujhee kom
March 15, 2010, 09:07 PM

I'd be interested in reading that article if you could find it. I can't find it on cricinfo. His profile picture looks good though...

If CI mentioned "good looking" then it MUST be Shanto.

Abu bhai ki er address khujtesen naki? Chithi/potro likhben naki? Ghotonata ki dada?
Apni jodi chaan ami tahole apnake ekhoni George Clooney-er private address dite pari!

Sohel
March 15, 2010, 09:21 PM
Shanto used to be very NAUGHTY hanging out in DOHS area ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Indeed. He's best friends with my first cousin Adil. Together they caused many a near-scandal in their teens and beyond. Then Adil was shipped off to London for his own good.

Ajfar
March 15, 2010, 09:27 PM

apnake ki tokhon kew reject korsilo naki shantor jonno?

bujhee kom
March 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
Indeed. He's best friends with my first cousin Adil. Together they caused many a near-scandal in their teens and beyond. Then Adil was shipped off to London for his own good.

Oooh Sohel bhaiya, Bangla cinemar FDC-er Adil? Fighting director Adil apnar cousin, arrey shey action Adil!!

Sohel
March 15, 2010, 09:32 PM
Oooh Sohel bhaiya, Bangla cinemar FDC-er Adil? Fighting director Adil apnar cousin, arrey shey action Adil!!

No bro. My cousin is far better looking, taller, fitter, more educated and sophisticated. Probably a better fighter too.

akabir77
March 15, 2010, 09:35 PM
it was pilot. he was out all night before kenya match... anyway past is past...

Sohel
March 15, 2010, 09:35 PM
Didn't Mehrab Hossain beat up his wife? If so, then justifying the *naughty* tag :)

Wife beating is a reprehensible CRIME way beyond naughtiness, at least in my world.

Bruno
March 15, 2010, 10:27 PM
Wife beating is a reprehensible CRIME way beyond naughtiness, at least in my world.

Son, u need to come to pimp school 101. I need to teach you a few things.

abu2abu
March 16, 2010, 06:38 AM
Abu bhai ki er address khujtesen naki? Chithi/potro likhben naki? Ghotonata ki dada?
Apni jodi chaan ami tahole apnake ekhoni George Clooney-er private address dite pari!

Lol - if you have clooney's number please give it to me!

Seriously though, I was only appreciating beauty. I think I'm man enough to appreciate good looks in other men...