PDA

View Full Version : Count of umpiring howlers against Bangladesh

Miraz
March 15, 2010, 09:28 AM
This is going way too far!! We are constantly getting idiotic decisions from umpires in both Tests and ODI matches. It is nothing new, we were denied in Multan by Russell Tiffin and most recently Tony Hill invented Glove Before The Wicket (GBW) as a mode of dismissal in Test cricket.

I am trying to compile a list of umpiring howlers against Bangladesh. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

ODI seris against England

1. Eoin Morgan given not out after two plumb LBW by Rod Tucker in the second ODI
2. Matt Prior given not by Nadir Shah after equally plumb LBW in the 2nd ODI
3. Shakib Al Hasan given out after hitting him way outside the off-stump while playing a shot by Enamul Haque Moni.

Test series against England
4. Aftab Ahmed given out caught behind by Rod Tucker when the ball came off the pad.
5. Shahadat Hossain given out by Rod Tucker after ball brushed his arm-guard and Prior even failed to collect it. reversed after realising that Prior grassed the ball.
6. Shakib given out by Tony Hill on 4 for Glove Before the Wicket (GBW), a new mode of dismissal only designed for Bangladesh.

Only Test against New Zealand

7. Shakib Al Hasan given out caught behind by Rod Tucker after the ball bounced six inches before McCullum's gloves.

Looks like Shakib is the most unfortunate batsman in our team who was dismissed three times by umpires, not by opposition.

Nafi
March 15, 2010, 09:37 AM
Blame BCB for not forking over the money URDS

al-Sagar
March 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Looks like Shakib is the most unfortunate batsman in our team who was dismissed three times by umpires, not by opposition.

they formed a syndicate to make sure shakib cant perform and his rating and rankings go down

ahms
March 15, 2010, 09:53 AM
BCB should complaint to the elite panel and demand a review of the "given out" cases. In future they will think twice before putting a rookie in BD match.

On other hand, our players need to take the umpires as an opponent as well. Be mindful of their plot and play as clean as possible. A test win against G7 will help us in our cause.

DJ Sahastra
March 15, 2010, 09:56 AM
Welcome to the club.

In past, the Indian team had been at the recieving end of quite a few match-turning howlers and our complaints (not to mention the agony and frustration of the fans) were treated as 'whinings of a loser'. To many of us, the sight of Steve Bucknor would strike a terror in the hearts of the faithful! Such was his fear. Long live the deceased (Steve's umpiring).

I believe that anything upto 60-40 can be genuine, in the essence that out of 10 contentious decisions, 6 go against you and 4 in your favour. Anything less than that points to issues that should atleast warrant the umpire being sent on probation. In any test series in Australia, our experience has been consistently like 90-10. Even the not so hyped sub-continental umpires, who are prone to an occassional howlers, haven't been that bad.

kalpurush
March 15, 2010, 09:57 AM
Blame BCB for not forking over the money URDS
You can't blame BCB for everything, can you!? Nothing to do with BCB here.
^^^umpires are XXXXXX (fill in the blanks as you like!!).:timeout:L-)

kalpurush
March 15, 2010, 10:00 AM
A test win against G7 will help us in our cause.
It's very tough/difficult to play againt 11+3 and win the match you know!

kalpurush
March 15, 2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the club.

In past, the Indian team had been at the recieving end of quite a few match-turning howlers and our complaints (not to mention the agony and frustration of the fans) were treated as 'whinings of a loser'. To many of us, the sight of Steve Bucknor would strike a terror in the hearts of the faithful! Such was his fear. Long live the deceased (Steve's umpiring).

I believe that anything upto 60-40 can be genuine, in the essence that out of 10 contentious decisions, 6 go against you and 4 in your favour. Anything less than that points to issues that should atleast warrant the umpire being sent on probation. In any test series in Australia, our experience has been consistently like 90-10. Even the not so hyped sub-continental umpires, who are prone to an occassional howlers, haven't been that bad.
Indeed. It was as painful as it is now...I hope BCB talk to ICC about poor umpiring.
Something has to be done ASAP.

reyme
March 15, 2010, 10:07 AM
I have given up...

if I were Shakib, I would simply stage a walk out of the game...

It's a disgrace and disgusting act of comedy what all these umpires are doing against BD.

I just hate umpires. They are out there to ruin cricket for us, thats pretty much it.

reyme
March 15, 2010, 10:10 AM
5. Shahadat Hossain given out by Rod Tucker after ball brushed his arm-guard and Prior even failed to collect it. reversed after realising that Prior grassed the ball.

I saw this live. Even English players were surpised when he was given out. Tucker instantly raised his finger as if he was waiting there to give us out. His role in the middle got to be give a BD batsman out, even if the opposition dont want it!

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2010, 10:13 AM
[বাংলা]নিয়তির এই নির্মম-নিদারুণ পরিহাস মেনে নিয়েছি[/বাংলা] :(

kalpurush
March 15, 2010, 10:15 AM
[বাংলা]নিয়তির এই নির্মম-নিদারুণ পরিহাস মেনে নিয়েছি[/বাংলা] :(
But why?!
And without a fight?!!

And, we blame out cricketers...?!!!;)

magic boy
March 15, 2010, 10:17 AM
Clear Discrimination.

If Australia can tag "the worst umpire of the year" why don't we can? :p lest do it

simon
March 15, 2010, 10:31 AM
Clear Discrimination.

If Australia can tag "the worst umpire of the year" why don't we can? :p lest do it

difficult as we have so many to choose from & tag!;)

Ananna
March 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
can't we send an email to ICC complaining about this?
I know this will not change anything, but still it will send a message to them.

Ashfaq
March 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm off to buy a sniper. Who's on the hit list? I'll knock their stamps over.

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2010, 10:48 AM
^Tucker, Ashoka, Moni bhai. For now.

Ashfaq
March 15, 2010, 10:56 AM
Moni used to live right across my home in Comilla. Wonder if he's still there. Come to think of it, a visit to my Mom's is long overdue. Hmm......:waiting:

jisaan
March 15, 2010, 11:13 AM
Seriously, with all the threads of the mods looming large, time has come for us to open a 'Bad Decision thread' where we will record all those rubbish decisions made by the umpires against us

BTW, i am pretty shocked to see BCB/Team management didn't make an official complaint against Mccullum

Thanks a lot.

had i not been in my office today, i would've opened it myself

anyways, now 2 requests to the mods and the initiator:
1) stick this thread
2) In the 1st page, add a table where all those blunders would be added.

wish someday we would be able to change this trend

t697318
March 15, 2010, 11:19 AM
for a country like bangladesh, it really hurts the nation, basically we have to get a wicket or 2 more, and have a wicke t or 2 less
especially in tests, it is unacceptable

akabir77
March 15, 2010, 11:24 AM
I am going dhaka this firday inshallah. I want to take a poster with me to the 2nd test. please help me write a punch line for the poster against the umpeirs.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
This is going way too far!! ...

7. Shakib Al Hasan given out caught behind by Rod Tucker after the ball bounced six inches before McCullum's gloves.

This wouldn't have been an issue if the team management lodged a WRITTEN complaint on Shakib's first out in NZ where deception was used and leg umpire was sleeping.

Even now team management would not complain against GLW.

If the team management stays happy with the proceedings, we as a fan can only swallow what is being shubbed down the team's throat.

+++

The World and ICC know Rod Tucker as a good umpire. I know he is better than many. However, I also know occationally he gets things wrong which the world and ICC DOESN'T know (or will ignore). They will not know (or keep on ignoring) unless there is an official complaint against him.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2010, 11:32 AM
I am going dhaka this firday inshallah. I want to take a poster with me to the 2nd test. please help me write a punch line for the poster against the umpeirs.
Thank you umpires.
GLW. GLOVE BEFORE WICKET.

auntu
March 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
[বাংলা]আসলেই সাকিব বারে বারে এই কদর্য আম্পায়ারিং এর শিকার হচ্ছে।
ফুটবলে যেমন প্রতিপক্ষের সেরা খেলোয়ারকে টার্গেট করে খেলা হয় এবং কখনও ব্যাপারটা শুধু শারিরিকভাবে আঘাতের দ্বারা হলেও লক্ষ্য অর্জনের ব্যাপার হিসেবে দাঁড়ায় (ব্রাজিলের রোনালদো দ্রষ্টব্য) তেমন মনে হয় সাকিবের ক্ষেত্রেও তাই ঘটছে বলে মালুম হচ্ছে। [/বাংলা]

WarWolf
March 15, 2010, 01:53 PM

We are planning to go on the next Saturday to the stadium. It would be great to me a protest.

baisab
March 15, 2010, 02:12 PM

this should do the trick

"BANGLADESH 11 VS ENGLAND 11+3UMPIRES"

cricket_pagol
March 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
This is going way too far!! We are constantly getting idiotic decisions from umpires in both Tests and ODI matches. It is nothing new, we were denied in Multan by Russell Tiffin and most recently Tony Hill invented Glove Before The Wicket (GBW) as a mode of dismissal in Test cricket.

I am trying to compile a list of umpiring howlers against Bangladesh. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

ODI seris against England

1. Eoin Morgan given not out after two plumb LBW by Rod Tucker in the second ODI
2. Matt Prior given not by Nadir Shah after equally plumb LBW in the 2nd ODI
3. Shakib Al Hasan given out after hitting him way outside the off-stump while playing a shot by Enamul Haque Moni.

Test series against England
4. Aftab Ahmed given out caught behind by Rod Tucker when the ball came off the pad.
6. Shakib given out by Tony Hill on 4 for Glove Before the Wicket (GBW), a new mode of dismissal only designed for Bangladesh.

Only Test against New Zealand

Miraz bhai, nice compilation. But to be fair, England got a couple of bad decision as well, both during the ODI and test series. But, it did not hurt them as much because they more depth in their team. But, when our key players like shakib gets a bad decision it hurts us really bad, and as for our inconsistent players they don't stick around long enough to get a bad decision!

I am extermely unhappy that incompetent umpires are ruining our games. ICC needs to do something about this. The bad decision listed above, was literally the difference between win and loss.

LateCut
March 15, 2010, 04:35 PM
I read in CI that umpires watch the replayes of all the decisions given at the end of the day. I was wondering if this is just for self-improvement or mandatory such that they could defend the decisions given to a ICC review panel. In any event, I think the umpires are equally afraid to make wrong decision. This is their livelyhood and they would not want to jeaoperdize it. However, fear alone cannot correct incompetence. It needs to be dealt or mitigated in other ways. For example, in NFL, the men in stripes use to be called on each wrong judgments they passed during a game they officiated. Often these caused a lot of furor but outcome of the game is never changed and frequency of errors remain nearly flat. To be fair, it is seldom that an outcome of a given game hinged on one or two poor decision. Nevertheless, they invented the challenge system as a mitigating process. It seemed to have changed nothing on the competence front but does correct the mistakes when it counts. Cricket's counterpart is UDRS. If we think that we are wronged then why on earth we do not use it? It cannot be a question of money alone. The hawkeye is already there. I think, in the back of their mind, BCB hunchoes realize that it is a convenient means to coverup the true cause of failures. Umpires may make a few bad calls but good teams raise and perform to make these a non-issues.

dolcevita
March 15, 2010, 05:23 PM
I just seen the highlight of Shakib's dismiss I am shocked the ball didn't even hit the pad...poor umpering just killing us
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

tiger_omar
March 15, 2010, 08:02 PM
You can't blame BCB for everything, can you!? Nothing to do with BCB here.
^^^umpires are XXXXXX (fill in the blanks as you like!!).:timeout:L-)

Ofcourse the umpires are retarded $hit heads.

But I thought (not 100% sure) it's up to the host board to pay for and provide the extra technology for the UDRS system. If that's the case, a lot of the blame has to be put on BCB. They should be aware that lots of poor decisions go against us and they should pay for the technology so we can have a fair match.

I agree that we shouldn't blame the BCB for everything, but this is an area where some of the blame must be directed towards BCB.

Zeeshan
March 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm off to buy a sniper. Who's on the hit list? I'll knock their stamps over.

".45 desert eagle you'd think i am an eagles fan" -Gucci Mane

akabir77
March 15, 2010, 09:40 PM
Thank you umpires.
GLW. GLOVE BEFORE WICKET.

This is supper idea...

We are planning to go on the next Saturday to the stadium. It would be great to me a protest.
I will land dhaka on sunday morning. so probably wont get to the stadium before monday.
this should do the trick

"BANGLADESH 11 VS ENGLAND 11+3UMPIRES"
This one is cool too

Ajfar
March 15, 2010, 09:44 PM
One of these days Shakib is gonna get so pissed off, he just might go after the umpire with his bat.

al Furqaan
March 15, 2010, 11:21 PM
where is that smashed up character...??

Zunaid
March 15, 2010, 11:23 PM
You should now decrement the count for every decision that favors us. :)

betaar
March 15, 2010, 11:52 PM
I read in CI that umpires watch the replayes of all the decisions given at the end of the day. I was wondering if this is just for self-improvement or mandatory such that they could defend the decisions given to a ICC review panel. In any event, I think the umpires are equally afraid to make wrong decision. This is their livelyhood and they would not want to jeaoperdize it. However, fear alone cannot correct incompetence. It needs to be dealt or mitigated in other ways. For example, in NFL, the men in stripes use to be called on each wrong judgments they passed during a game they officiated. Often these caused a lot of furor but outcome of the game is never changed and frequency of errors remain nearly flat. To be fair, it is seldom that an outcome of a given game hinged on one or two poor decision. Nevertheless, they invented the challenge system as a mitigating process. It seemed to have changed nothing on the competence front but does correct the mistakes when it counts. Cricket's counterpart is UDRS. If we think that we are wronged then why on earth we do not use it? It cannot be a question of money alone. The hawkeye is already there. I think, in the back of their mind, BCB hunchoes realize that it is a convenient means to coverup the true cause of failures. Umpires may make a few bad calls but good teams raise and perform to make these a non-issues.

I agree with what you are saying but to be a a good team you have to have the confidence of a team that continously win matches and for a weak team as hours you need all the luck you can get. If you are not lucky enough to get few decisions going in your favor, you at least don't need decisions going against you.

RazabQ
March 15, 2010, 11:53 PM
This is how grateful we are for our crumbs - Ump makes a correct close decision for us and on another gives the batsmen benefit of doubt and we're ready to beatify him! AFAI am concerned, Tucker is belatedly making some right calls and not doing us any favors.

Tintin
March 15, 2010, 11:56 PM
In any event, I think the umpires are equally afraid to make wrong decision. This is their livelyhood and they would not want to jeaoperdize it. However, fear alone cannot correct incompetence.

Weaker teams in Ranji trophy used to complain that the umpires follow the rule "when in doubt, favour the stronger team" because a bad error against an influential team (like Bombay) could ruin their career. It would hardly be surprising if the umpires do the same, consciously or subconsciously, at higher level also. Especially when you are dealing with teams like England whose journalists have a lot of influence.

I don't like writing this but peaceful protests may accomplish little in improving the umpiring. Letters to ICC will receive polite replies that they will look into it. They will look into it six months and return a not-guilty verdict, by which time we would hardly remember what it was all about.

There was the incident in 1981 when Gavaskar nearly forfeited the Test match when he was given lbw off the inside edge off Dennis Lillee. This was one in a long series of incorrect decisions that went against India in that series. It was, and is, considered as an immature action on Gavaskar's part. But it has also been recorded that the umpires were so disturbed by it that from then 50-50 decisions, which were favouring Australia till then, started going in India's way. India after having conceded a first innings lead of 182 won by 58 runs.

billah
March 16, 2010, 03:29 AM
Point well taken, Tintin.

But what Rod Tucker has done so far in Bangladesh is a travesty of umpiring. That Shahadat incident for me was the eye opener. It showed how motivated Rod was in calling our batsmen out ! It is as if he has taken in on to himself to defeat Bangladesh !

Rod Tucker is no longer a credible fellow for me.

jisaan
March 16, 2010, 05:52 AM
This is supper idea...

I will land dhaka on sunday morning. so probably wont get to the stadium before monday.

This one is cool too

when in doubt, favour the stronger team
this would be fine as well
courtesy: tintin

jisaan
March 16, 2010, 06:52 AM
can we have all other similar threads (there have been quite a few from enraged bd fans) merged under this one?

Miraz
March 20, 2010, 12:54 AM
Rod Tucker again!! He is a disgrace in the name of umpiring.

Howler number 8 : Tamim Iqbal given out when the ball came off the forearm.

Tony Hill gave a 50-50 decision, can't blame him as the bastman was on the backfoot.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
Are we keeping track of how often our bowlers get wickets too due to bad decisions? Like how Trott was given out after the ball bounced on his helmet or how KP was given out to a Shakib armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump?

Miraz
March 20, 2010, 01:08 AM
Are we keeping track of how often our bowlers get wickets too due to bad decisions? Like how Trott was given out after the ball bounced on his helmet or how KP was given out to a Shakib armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump?

Nope Eshen. I don't want to be politically correct here. We are getting the highest number of wrong decisions (in fact not 50-50, howlers) in international cricket and I want to keep a record of that.

A fan of England or any other opponent can keep track of their record.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 01:09 AM
That's expecting too much from our fans.

nahaz
March 20, 2010, 01:13 AM
Rod Tucker again!! He is a disgrace in the name of umpiring.

Howler number 8 : Tamim Iqbal given out when the ball came off the forearm.

Tony Hill gave a 50-50 decision, can't blame him as the bastman was on the backfoot.

Enough is enough...I say Rod Tucker gets taken off the Elite Panel. He has not only given a wrong decision, he has denied the 21 year old opener a place in history along with Sir Don and V. Trumper. Its a sad end to an innings that could've highlighted our improvement perfectly. Just imagine, 20 years down the track some Australian making his debut could've wanted to break the record for most runs scored before lunch on the first session by a Bangladeshi named T.Iqbal.

Tucker's made way too many errors...I don't think he's being partial. Just being incapable, and at times taking the safer option of pleasing England. There's a gulf of difference between this "elite" umpire and Simon Tauffel. Take him out!!

_Rafi_
March 20, 2010, 01:13 AM

KP's out 50/50 like Johurul's out. So we are not blaming umpirer in either cases.
Btw you can track umpire decisions favouring us. You will find atleast 4 of 5 wrong decisions suffer us.

cricket_dorshok
March 20, 2010, 01:15 AM
Someone should who show tendency to oppose every occasion BD fans feel being denied or robed.

Spitfire_x86
March 20, 2010, 01:15 AM
Nope Eshen. I don't want to be politically correct here. We are getting the highest number of wrong decisions (in fact not 50-50, howlers) in international cricket and I want to keep a record of that.

A fan of England or any other opponent can keep track of their record.
If you keep track of the bad decisions we get in our favor, you may prove with numbers that we indeed get more than fair share of bad decisions.

mona
March 20, 2010, 01:17 AM
That's expecting too much from our fans.

If there wasn't such a blatant imbalance between the wrong decisions that favour us and the ones that don't, maybe people would.

SMHasan
March 20, 2010, 02:11 AM
It does not matter whether these decisions are going for or against us,the main thing is this level of umpiring is simply pathetic.

Both Tony Hill and Rod Tucker should not be allowed to conduct matches at the international level.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 03:28 AM
If you keep track of the bad decisions we get in our favor, you may prove with numbers that we indeed get more than fair share of bad decisions.
Yep, but no one here is interested to do that. We just keep track of bad decisions against us and cry our hearts out how unfair umps are.

Simple fact is that human eyes have limitations, umps are bound to make mistakes. That's why we have UDRS, it's no one but BCB's fault that we are not using it.

mij
March 20, 2010, 06:44 AM
It does not matter whether these decisions are going for or against us,the main thing is this level of umpiring is simply pathetic.

Both Tony Hill and Rod Tucker should not be allowed to conduct matches at the international level.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
:up:

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
perhaps a good decision against us is getting rare

Tasin
March 20, 2010, 07:16 AM

IF England wins this test then:

1. Umpires win or
2. Umpires win the second test (not England)

Peace
March 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
another issue to think about- why our best batsmen, e.g tamim, shakib, are victim of bad umpiring decisions most of the time? why not rubel , razzak et al? this defies the law of probability of human error.

zman
March 20, 2010, 09:19 AM
Yep, but no one here is interested to do that. We just keep track of bad decisions against us and cry our hearts out how unfair umps are.

Simple fact is that human eyes have limitations, umps are bound to make mistakes. That's why we have UDRS, it's no one but BCB's fault that we are not using it.
I see your point but the reason these bad decisions are hurting us waaaaaaay more than any other team is because unfortunately we seem to be at the wrong end of these decisions in crucial moments more often than not. KP or Trott's decisions weren't game changing events, they wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, Tamim's decision today may turn out to be the difference between a Win/Draw for Bangladesh and defeat. That said I'm with you regarding utilizing UDRS and all for increasing the number of challenges in that system.

P.S. Does anyone know the cost associated with implementing UDRS per test?

zman
March 20, 2010, 09:41 AM
Khoroch beshi na hoile amra amra chanda tuila BCB re UDRS er taka dile kamon hoy :D

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
Unlike our cricket pundits here, Tamim can't say for sure whether the ball touched his bat or not!

[বাংলা]বলটা হাত ছুঁয়ে যাওয়ার আগে ব্যাট ছুঁয়েছিল কি না, সেই দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্ব তামিমের ম্যাচ শেষেও, ‘আমি বলব না যে এটা আউট না, আবার এটাও বলব না যে এটা আউট। আমি আসলে নিশ্চিত না। বল যদি একটা জিনিসে লাগত বুঝতে পারতাম, লেগেছে তো ২-৩টা জিনিসে। এসব ক্ষেত্রে ব্যাটসম্যানই সবার আগে বলতে পারে বল ব্যাটে লেগেছে কি না। কিন্তু সত্যি করে বলছি, আমি আসলেই সেটা জানি না।’[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-21/news/50478

Once again, I think only BCB is to be blamed that we don't have a hotspot camera in the series and can't use UDRS.

Ashfaq
March 20, 2010, 03:56 PM
Khoroch beshi na hoile amra amra chanda tuila BCB re UDRS er taka dile kamon hoy :D

If BC can amass enough money to buy UDRS, that money will be better spent in many other much more vital facets of development. The point is UDRS is too expensive for us and a luxury we can ill afford.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2010, 03:58 PM

since when does water need to be proved wet?

but, you do have a point. we need it for the critics and haters.

WarWolf
March 21, 2010, 03:12 AM
Now the umpires started to play in favor of the English batsmen. That was definitely out.

cricman
March 21, 2010, 03:13 AM
If you gave Jahirul out than you MUST and I MEAN MUST give KP out on that Ball.

Personally I believe both balls were outs, theres a problem when 1 teams continuously gets the shaft and the other doesn't

reyme
March 21, 2010, 03:16 AM
What a surprise ! This is bound to happenn! Stop this cheating game!

Nocturnal
March 21, 2010, 03:19 AM
Again!! :(

Rubel Hossain to Pietersen, 2 leg byes, 136.4 kph, oh that is very close! Slung in full, finding some reverse-swing into Pietersen, beats his attempted drive and it looks very close. Replays show it just clipping the top of leg stump

Tormuz
March 21, 2010, 03:19 AM
Stop!
Stop!
Stop!
Stop!
Stop!
Stop!

This

Umpire!

jisaan
March 21, 2010, 04:16 AM
Can't we stage a protest in and outside the stadium?

yaseer
March 22, 2010, 01:25 AM
Another one by Rod Tucker.
Clear bat-pad catch at silly point not given.

This is crossing every limit now.

yaseer
March 22, 2010, 01:27 AM

Shakib Al Hasan to Bresnan, no run, 83.1 kph, oh dear, another decision goes against Bangladesh. Bresnan leant forward and this pitched and spun via a clear inside edge on to the pad and looping up to silly point. Bangladesh were very confident but again they have been wrongly denied.

Nasif
March 22, 2010, 01:30 AM
Evidence:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlSquIsdJps&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlSquIsdJps&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:41 AM
Unlike our cricket pundits here, Tamim can't say for sure whether the ball touched his bat or not!

[বাংলা]বলটা হাত ছুঁয়ে যাওয়ার আগে ব্যাট ছুঁয়েছিল কি না, সেই দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্ব তামিমের ম্যাচ শেষেও, ‘আমি বলব না যে এটা আউট না, আবার এটাও বলব না যে এটা আউট। আমি আসলে নিশ্চিত না। বল যদি একটা জিনিসে লাগত বুঝতে পারতাম, লেগেছে তো ২-৩টা জিনিসে। এসব ক্ষেত্রে ব্যাটসম্যানই সবার আগে বলতে পারে বল ব্যাটে লেগেছে কি না। কিন্তু সত্যি করে বলছি, আমি আসলেই সেটা জানি না।’[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-21/news/50478

Once again, I think only BCB is to be blamed that we don't have a hotspot camera in the series and can't use UDRS.

If you had known a single thing about cricket umpiring decision, you would have known that any doubt decision is supposed to go to the batsman.

Alas, your cricketing knowledge is awfully poor.

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:42 AM

I hereby nominate you for the job. Count away, please.

al-Sagar
March 22, 2010, 01:42 AM

Shakib Al Hasan to Bresnan, no run, 83.1 kph, oh dear, another decision goes against Bangladesh. Bresnan leant forward and this pitched and spun via a clear inside edge on to the pad and looping up to silly point. Bangladesh were very confident but again they have been wrongly denied.

i cant take this anymore

unda_bhai
March 22, 2010, 01:52 AM
sik of hearing commies say "...bangaldesh havent had a lot of luk"

its not a matter of luk on how good n competent the umpires shud be. this is bullsht bias and everything along those lines.

nayeem just got turned down bowling to bell.

and as i watch siddons comes out and makes a few gestures suggesting umpiring is bullshit

n then english commy goes "probably shud keep his thots to himself"

piss off commi. go kiss queens *** u shT. this is Sht

yaseer
March 22, 2010, 01:54 AM
Another one

Abdur Razzak to Bell, no run, beats the bat here, Bell trying to flick it away, it comes off the pads, there wasn't much of an appeal but replays actually show it pitching in line and hitting

dolcevita
March 22, 2010, 02:03 AM
Biased umpering is killing us
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

zman
March 22, 2010, 02:04 AM
I don't know about you guys but I have no doubt in my mind there's some conspiracy going on against BD. I guess ICC doesn't wanna piss off English cricket board by letting them taste defeat in the hands of Bangladesh. I can't think of anything else given the blatantly bias nature of their decisions today. I mean usually we get denied some close decisions...most of today's decisions weren't even close they were Effin obvious to ANYONE who understands an iota of cricket ##$%%

baisab
March 22, 2010, 02:45 AM
Theres only one way the team can show there anger, and that is through staging a walkout.

DJ Sahastra
March 22, 2010, 09:00 AM
Too many bad decisions have gone against BD and i share your pains - having been in those very exact shoes before.
However, i tend to believe that Rubel's percieved LBW denial blunder is only exaggerated by so many other partisan decisions that should have invariably gone in BD's favour.

Pardon me for this, but that Rubel LBW (that wasn't given), if i was the umpire, i wouldn't give it either. It is too much swing from off to the leg at the point of impact. I believe that benefit of doubt should go to the batsman. A batsman gets only one chance and as far as LBWs go, you have to be absolutely sure about the line, the height and the point of impact before sending him on his way. This one leaves some doubt (even if hawkeye shows the ball hitting the leg).
It maybe my personal view but a delivery swinging as much as Rubel's, that is from outside the off towards the leg, unless it hits a batsman on the backfoot, is a recipe for a contentious decision in that an umpire would find himself at the wrong end of the hawkeye in more than 50% cases.

cricket_king
March 22, 2010, 09:04 AM
Too many bad decisions have gone against BD and i share your pains - having been in those very exact shoes before.
However, i tend to believe that Rubel's percieved LBW denial blunder is only exaggerated by so many other partisan decisions that should have invariably gone in BD's favour.

Pardon me for this, but that Rubel LBW (that wasn't given), if i was the umpire, i wouldn't give it either. It is too much swing from off to the leg at the point of impact. I believe that benefit of doubt should go to the batsman. A batsman gets only one chance and as far as LBWs go, you have to be absolutely sure about the line, the height and the point of impact before sending him on his way. This one leaves some doubt (even if hawkeye shows the ball hitting the leg).
It maybe my personal view but a delivery swinging as much as Rubel's, that is from outside the off towards the leg, unless it hits a batsman on the backfoot, is a recipe for a contentious decision in that an umpire would find himself at the wrong end of the hawkeye in more than 50% cases.

If UDRS was in play, I can assure you, as long as it had pitched in line (which I'm pretty sure it had), your decision, along with the umpire's would have been overturned, as even hawkeye agreed it was going onto hit leg stump.

Miraz
March 22, 2010, 09:08 AM
DJ, KP one was 50-50, but Prior one was 70-30 and both were ruled not out. Main problem is consistency of the umpires, if Bangladeshi batsmen were in a similar situation (like Jahurul in the first innings), these umpires would have given those out without a second delay.

If they were consistently giving these as not outs, there would have been less cry.

Ananna
March 22, 2010, 09:12 AM

It seems you have better understanding of cricket than BoB willis , Mark Butcher, atherton and others. I am impressed!!!

Naimul_Hd
March 22, 2010, 09:17 AM
anybody could make a vdo of umpires double standard of umpiring ??? u can make a comparison of decisions where ump gave out to BD but didnt give out to English !!! anyone who has the footage and vdo editing skills ???

Ajfar
March 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
DJ did you see the replay with Hawk-eye??

baisab
March 22, 2010, 09:35 AM
Just been doing some number crunching, had those decisions come our way this is what the cards would have looked like.

KP LWB at 30, scored 45, extra 15
Prior LBW at 9, scored 62, extra 53
Bell LBW at 82, scored 138, extra 56
Bressnan Caugt on 5, on 74*, extra 69* and counting

So thats 193* runs and counting, just so you know this would have meant 247 for 7 by tea with only the tail remaining.

DJ Sahastra
March 22, 2010, 09:37 AM
Sorry and my bad that i forgot to add -> with UDRS or any review system, it is a 200% OUT.

I was just saying from a naked-eye, non-review supported system. And Miraz Bhai, i totally understand what you are saying - if Rubel's LBW shout was iffy, then Juhurul's out was 100 times worse and it does lead to a broader questions on the consistency. I believe that as long as umpires are even 60-40 in consistency (Out of 10, if i am at the recieveing end of 6 out of 10 decisions, atleast the opponent should be at the recieving end of 4) and so far, it looks like 90-10 which is always a case for legitimate grievances and anger.

I also think it was a bad time to post what i did - my apologies. I just thought that Rubel video didn't do much justice to highlighting the grievance (Of course, unless you can have a comparative video of Juhural's dismissal side by side to highlight the inconsistency in decision making rather than the merits of each decision).

DJ Sahastra
March 22, 2010, 09:47 AM
DJ did you see the replay with Hawk-eye??

bangladesh_sy,

Please refer to my earlier post.

With hawk-eye or any review system, that is more than 100% out. I was talking from the perspective of an umpire who has to give a decision based on what he sees. And from the non-review perspective, it doesn't look like a blunder.

I think the main anger or the grudge is not on the decision itself, but because BD batsman have gotten far worse decisions, and i am with you on that. My concern is, i may have gotten both the timing and the context of my post to be horribly wrong even if my intent was just to highlight that this particular decision was not bad really. What is bad is the generally consistency (as Miraz rightly pointed out) or the lack of it, in giving decisions.

M.H.Rubel
March 22, 2010, 10:35 AM
It seems you have better understanding of cricket than BoB willis , Mark Butcher, atherton and others. I am impressed!!!

Good counter.
I want to add one thing more.Jahurul Islam was given LBW against a spiner and the LBW shout of Rubel was almost same position.Being a spinner Broad got the wicket despite being a pacer Rubel did not get the wicket this should be the main concern.

jisaan
March 22, 2010, 12:59 PM
Shakib Al Hasan to Bresnan, no run, 83.1 kph, oh dear, another decision goes against Bangladesh. Bresnan leant forward and this pitched and spun via a clear inside edge on to the pad and looping up to silly point. Bangladesh were very confident but again they have been wrongly denied

jisaan
March 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
once upon a time, in ctg. i led a protest agt Ashoka
aleem dar had to come to that section of the crowd where, i with 100 others were avenging ashoka's misdeeds in pakistan
i wish someone would do something similar agt Hill & Tucker (rue that i am no more a student, a full-time professional instead)

auntu
March 22, 2010, 01:17 PM
Just been doing some number crunching, had those decisions come our way this is what the cards would have looked like.

So thats 193* runs and counting, just so you know this would have meant 247 for 7 by tea with only the tail remaining.
Easy 150 to 200 runs lead has been taken by the umpires.

cricket_dorshok
March 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
Easy 150 to 200 runs lead has been taken by the umpires.
Does that mean, Hill and Tucker are two best english all rounders (they took wicket too).

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 03:23 PM
From Prothom Alo...
Gutsless BCB. All they know is how to oil the powerful persons.
[বাংলা]আম্পায়ারিং নিয়ে মরগানও অসন্তুষ্ট!

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৩-০৩-২০১০

০ মন্তব্যপ্রিন্ট
ShareThis
« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»
আর সবার মতো ব্যাপারটা ধরা পড়েছে তাঁর চোখেও। টেলিভিশনে ধারাভাষ্য শুনেও যা বোঝার বুঝেছেন। বাংলাদেশ-ইংল্যান্ড ঢাকা টেস্টের আম্পায়ারিংটা যে ঠিক মানসম্মত হচ্ছে না, সেটা এখন তিন দিনের সফরে বাংলাদেশে আসা আইসিসির সভাপতি ডেভিড মরগানেরও জানা।
বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল ‘না, উনি এ রকম কিছু বলেননি’ বলে ব্যাপারটা এড়িয়ে গেলেও প্রেসিডেন্ট বক্স থেকে আসা খবর, রড টাকার আর টনি হিলের আম্পায়ারিং নিয়ে অসন্তুষ্ট আইসিসি সভাপতি। একই অসন্তুষ্টি বিসিবি কর্মকর্তাদের মধ্যেও। রাগে-ক্ষোভে এক কর্মকর্তা তো এমনও বলে দিলেন, ‘ওরা (আম্পায়াররা) আমাদের হারিয়ে দিচ্ছে!’
কিন্তু বাজে আম্পায়ারিং নিয়ে কেবল ক্ষোভ প্রকাশ ছাড়া আর কিছুই করার নেই বিসিবির। বোর্ডের ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন একরকম আত্মসমর্পণের ভঙ্গিতেই বললেন, ‘খেলা শেষে অধিনায়ক-ম্যানেজার ম্যাচ রেফারির কাছে যে রিপোর্ট দেয়, সেটায় হয়তো এ নিয়ে অসন্তুষ্টির কথা উল্লেখ থাকবে। আর টেলিভিশনে ব্যাপারটা যেহেতু সবাই-ই দেখেছে, ভবিষ্যতে হয়তো এই দুই আম্পায়ারের সুযোগ কমে যাবে। তবে বোর্ডের এখানে কিছু করার নেই।’
বিসিবির নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক এক কর্মকর্তা অবশ্য বলেছেন, আইসিসির সভায় ভবিষ্যতে বাংলাদেশ দলের পারফরম্যান্স নিয়ে কেউ প্রশ্ন তুললে টানা বাজে আম্পায়ারিংয়ের শিকার হওয়ার ব্যাপারটা সামনে নিয়ে আসতে পারেন তাঁরা।
[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-23/news/51022

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 03:26 PM
Another one from PA...
[বাংলা] 
থার্ডম্যান থেকে
বিচারপতি তোমার বিচার...

উৎপল শুভ্র | তারিখ: ২৩-০৩-২০১০

০ মন্তব্যপ্রিন্ট
ShareThis
« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»
প্রথম ইনিংসে ১০৮ রানের লিড নেওয়ার পর দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসে বাংলাদেশ ২২৭। চতুর্থ ইনিংসে ৩৩৬ রান তাড়া করতে নেমে ইংল্যান্ড ২৮৭ রানে অলআউট। বাংলাদেশ ৪৮ রানে জয়ী।
এটা কী? কেন, ঢাকা টেস্টের চূড়ান্ত ফলাফলের সংক্ষিপ্তসার! দ্বিতীয় অংশটা অবশ্যই কল্পনা। স্কোরকার্ড আপনাকে জানাবে, কল্পনার রং মেশানো পুরোটাতেই। বাংলাদেশ প্রথম ইনিংসে লিড নেবে কি, উল্টো তৃতীয় দিন শেষে ইংল্যান্ডই ২১ রানে এগিয়ে।
কল্পনা, আবার কল্পনাও নয়। রড টাকার ও টনি হিল অমন প্রতিপক্ষ হয়ে দাঁড়িয়ে না গেলে বাংলাদেশ তো শ-খানেক রানের লিড পেতই। ইয়ান বেল, ম্যাট প্রিয়র, টিম ব্রেসনান—কাল ইংল্যান্ডের যে তিন ব্যাটসম্যান রান করলেন, তিনজনেরই তো দুই আম্পায়ারকে ডিনার খাওয়ানো উচিত।
দুই অঙ্কে যাওয়ার আগেই আউট ছিলেন প্রিয়র-ব্রেসনান, ৮২ রানেই ফিরে যাওয়ার কথা বেলের। এমনিতে আম্পায়ারিং সিদ্ধান্ত, বিশেষ করে এলবিডব্লুর ক্ষেত্রে মন্তব্য করার সময় ‘হয়তো-টয়তো’ বলার নিয়ম। কিন্তু টাকার-হিলের ‘ভুল’গুলো এমনই যে, নিয়মের ব্যতিক্রম হয়ে ইয়ান বেল পর্যন্ত সংবাদ সম্মেলনে নিজের সৌভাগ্যের কথা স্বীকার করে ফেললেন।
আম্পায়ারিং নিয়ে অনেক কৌতুক চালু আছে। তার একটি কালকের টাকার-হিলের সঙ্গে খুব যায়—স্টাম্পের একেবারে সামনে ব্যাটসম্যানের প্যাডে লেগেছে বল। বোলারের তারস্বরে ‘হাউজ দ্যাট’ চিত্কারে আম্পায়ার বলছেন, ‘আমি তো কিছু দেখতে পাইনি। সামনে প্যাড এসে গেল যে!’
নিশ্চয়ই বানানো গল্প। এবার একটা সত্যি গল্প বলি। ১৯৯৩ সালে ভারতের শ্রীলঙ্কা সফর। তখনো নিরপেক্ষ আম্পায়ারের চল হয়নি এবং শ্রীলঙ্কান আম্পায়াররা পণ করেছেন স্বাগতিক ব্যাটসম্যানদের এলবিডব্লু দেবেন না। হোটেলের লবিতে আম্পায়ার বিসি কুরের সঙ্গে দেখা ভারতীয় ম্যানেজার অজিত ওয়াদেকারের। ওয়াদেকার বললেন, ‘মিস্টার কুরে, আমার বাবা কিছুদিন আগে মারা গেছেন। উনার নাম ছিল লক্ষ্মণ বিজয় ওয়াদেকার। আমি বুঝতে পারিনি, উনার নামের আদ্যক্ষরগুলো দিয়ে যে আউটটা হয়, মৃত্যুর সময় সেটি তিনি সঙ্গে নিয়ে গেছেন।’
টনি হিল ও রড টাকারও বোধহয় এলবিডব্লু বলে যে একটা আউট আছে, সেটি ভুলে গিয়েছিলেন। তবে নিশ্চিত থাকতে পারেন, বাংলাদেশের ইনিংসে ঠিকই তা মনে পড়বে। টাকার অবশ্য প্রতিবাদ করতে পারেন, শুধু এলবিডব্লু বলছেন কেন, ব্রেসনানের ব্যাট-প্যাড ক্যাচও তো আমি দিইনি। হু হু!
খেলোয়াড়েরা যেমন ভুল করেন, তেমনি আম্পায়াররাও করেন—এই জ্ঞানের কথাও বাংলাদেশের দুঃখে বিন্দুমাত্র প্রলেপ হতে পারছে না। আম্পায়ারের ভুলগুলো যে বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষেই বেশি হয়! ‘বাংলাদেশের’ জায়গায় অবশ্য ‘দুর্বলতর’ দল পড়তে পারেন। বাংলাদেশকে এমন আম্পায়ারিং অবিচারের শিকার হতে দেখে সাবেক ইংল্যান্ড-অধিনায়ক মাইকেল আথারটনের যেমন মনে পড়েছে বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় জীবনের কথা। কাউন্টি দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে ফার্স্ট ক্লাস ম্যাচ খেলার সময় আম্পায়ারদের ভুলগুলো নাকি শুধু কেমব্রিজ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের বিপক্ষেই হতো।
জেমি সিডন্সও এটি খুব ভালো টের পাচ্ছেন। আগে ছিলেন অস্ট্রেলিয়া দলের সঙ্গে। তখন আম্পায়ারদের বড় দলপ্রীতি খুব ভালো লেগেছে। এখন বুঝতে পারছেন দুর্বলের যন্ত্রণা। ড্রেসিংরুমের সামনে ক্ষুব্ধ প্রতিক্রিয়ায় সারা দিনই বুঝিয়ে দিয়েছেন তাঁর মনোভাব। সোজাসাপটা লোক, পরে স্কাই স্পোর্টসকে সরাসরি বলেও দিয়েছেন মনের কথা।
কাজী নজরুল ইসলামের ক্রিকেটপ্রীতি ছিল বলে কখনো শুনিনি। তার পরও তাঁর কবিতার একটা লাইন দিব্যি বাংলাদেশ দলকে নিয়ে লেখা বলে চালিয়ে দেওয়া যায়—এমন করিয়া জগত্ জুড়িয়া মার খাবে দুর্বল? তবে ঢাকা টেস্টে যা হচ্ছে, তাতে ‘দুর্বল’-এরও দায় আছে। এই টেস্টে রেফারেল সিস্টেম থাকলেই তো ইংল্যান্ডের ইনিংস ৩০০ রানে শেষ হয়ে যায়। নেই কেন? কারণ বাড়তি কিছু খরচ হবে বলে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড সেই ব্যবস্থা রাখেনি। রেফারেল না থাকায় সাকিবের আক্ষেপ শুনে এক সাংবাদিক জিজ্ঞেসই করে বসলেন, আইসিসি প্রেসিডেন্ট ডেভিড মরগানকে খুশি করতে এত ব্যানার-ফুলের পেছনে টাকা খরচ না করে রেফারেলের পেছনে করাটাই বেশি জরুরি ছিল কি না! মনের কথা বলে ফেলায় সাকিবও সিডন্সের অনুসারী। সরাসরি বলে দিলেন, ‘হ্যাঁ, ছিল।’
বিতর্কের ভয়ে জড়োসড়ো ক্রিকেটারদের বিরক্তিকর সংবাদ সম্মেলনের ভিড়ে সাকিব আল হাসান যেন এক ঝলক তাজা বাতাস!
প্রিন্ট[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-23/news/51019

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 03:28 PM
From DS...
Tuesday, March 23, 2010Sports

Beximco Test Series 2010 England Vs Bangladesh
Frustration gets the better of Shakib
Sports Reporter
It was not an easy task for Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan to keep his patience after some crucial umpiring decisions went against them on the third day of the second and final Test against England yesterday. The young skipper's frustration however boiled over at the press conference as he threw diplomacy out of the door and came down as hard as he could while slating the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on their failure to pay for the use of the Umpire Review Decision System.

Shakib was also critical of a lack of expertise on preparation of the pitch to gain a home advantage as well as on the decision of picking left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak instead of Enamul Haque, who is believed to be a more effective bowler in the longer-version of the game.

"I don't have enough money, so I don't want to make any comment," responded Shakib with an inquisitive smile when asked about the poor umpiring. "You know what the decisions were and what they should have been. You all saw it on TV. It could have been a little bit better, and if it was better, we would have got a chance to bat today," he added.

And the obvious question was raised on whether he felt the absence of the referral system that the BCB could have arrange by paying some extra money for the umpiring technology? It seemed that Bangladesh captain was unhappy with the board rather than the umpiring decisions and was critical of the fact that the board paid to have the stadium facilities repainted and redecorated overnight to welcome the arrival of the ICC president David Morgan.

"The system is expensive, so they would have had to spend some money. I think we would have asked for a referral four times with full confidence, and three of them would have come our way for sure," said Shakib.

"We would have been in a very good position if this system was in use here. It's really bad for us that we did not use the referral system, which we could have done," he continued.

Had it been wise to spend money for the referral system rather than spending all these for flowers?

"Yes, I think it was more important for us [than all these flowers]," he responded.

There was a buzzing that the ball might get some turn from the third day after a dead pitch in the first Test at Chittagong but there was no evidence of that yesterday which further irritated the Bangladesh skipper.

"Whenever we hear the ball will spin, it doesn't. It's nothing new and I am not too disappointed with it, although we have been playing Test match cricket for 10 years, so we should know by now how to take this advantage. When we go to England, they are sure to prepare a bouncy wicket for us," he observed.

Shakib was also disappointed as Razzak failed to make a good partnership with him to put the pressure on the English batsman and he also admitted that it might be better if Enamul was there. "I didn't take this decision (about Razzak selection) but you know everything would have looked okay if he (Razzak) picked up few wickets today," he said.

"I was expecting more from Razzak, especially when we both were bowling. It was very important to have a partnership between us to create pressure from both ends, but he ended up making the same mistakes from the first Test, because the main thing is patience. Whoever loses his patience first will be a loser. Maybe he thought he'd try to bowl wicket-balls, but every time he conceded a four, the pressure came off," observed Shakib.

Bangladesh captain said that now their main job would be to bat well in the second innings after wrapping up the England innings quickly in the morning.

"Still, everything is possible - win, draw or loss because the game is now evenly poised. I think both teams are under pressure. But we have more pressure, because we cannot always play consistently well. I am looking for good batting in the second innings," he hoped.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=131190

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 03:40 PM
I wished to see more harsh words from our media like the English media do all the time.

tigerpain
March 22, 2010, 03:54 PM
I was shocked and angery on those Umpire who has caused so much trouble for us in 2nd day of the 2nd test... PPL we need to awake up ...We need to flood the ICC and/or other media with email to show our anger... Cannot take this minnow bully anymore enough is enough:mad::mad::mad:
here is ICC email address ...
enquiry@icc-cricket.com
I emailed them .. i urge everyone to do so ...let them know we can not be pushed around anymore!!!
Please email them ASAP!!!:timeout:

meazz1
March 22, 2010, 04:02 PM
I mentioned in the other thread that only media can bring this to light and to ICC.
As a player, Shakib's hands are tied. He can't over react because he has a future to look forward to.

Media, bring it on...

Shehwar
March 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
I emailed icc as well.

Huda
March 23, 2010, 02:13 AM
Tredwell to Tamim Iqbal, no run, well, eventful over this! Tamim skipped down the track and Tredwell immediately pulled the ball down short. It came off the pad and ballooned just short of Cook at short mid off. Was there glove involved? Looked like it

One for us

WarWolf
March 23, 2010, 02:25 AM
Tredwell to Tamim Iqbal, no run, well, eventful over this! Tamim skipped down the track and Tredwell immediately pulled the ball down short. It came off the pad and ballooned just short of Cook at short mid off. Was there glove involved? Looked like it

One for us

No. It dropped in short of Cook.

baisab
March 23, 2010, 03:42 PM

Continuing from yesterdays count, Bresnan scored 91, this makes the total contributions from the umps 215 runs!!! this means that the England 1st inning total would have been (496-215) = 281 all out.

Thats still 138 less than BD 1st innings total. Thats 138 + 172/6 = 310 run lead for BD.

if there ever was a chance for BD to record a comprehensive win this would have been it.

someone should forward this calculation to the board and tell them that this is what is would have been had they had invested on UDRS.

Nocturnal
March 24, 2010, 01:31 AM
Day 5th Lunch time:

Cricinfo:
Foxx has found a calculator to produce this little stat - "KP LWB at 30, scored 45, = 15 Prior LBW at 9, scored 62, = 53 Bell LBW at 82, scored 138, = 56 Bresnan Caught on 5, scored 91 = 86 That amounts to 210. 496-210 = Eng 286/10. 419-286= Bng lead +133.Bangladesh could have declared long ago.."
It's a good point and an obvious injustice. But it also shows how little was created by Bangladesh between those chances. Still, before we got bogged down in those decisions, we have a fascinating game in prospect. Bangladesh need to bat as close to an hour as possible.

Huda
March 27, 2010, 03:38 PM
lol Nadir Shah's run out of Trott was bloody disgraceful. If that happened to us, we would have gone crazy.

al-Sagar
March 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
lol Nadir Shah's run out of Trott was bloody disgraceful. If that happened to us, we would have gone crazy.

moni actually gave mashrafe out in a similar situation against NZ, didnt he ???