PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Shahriar Nafees

AK420
March 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
Has anyone wondered who has the highest average in odi excluding SHAKIB? Who has scored the highest number of centuries in odi with Shakib? Who was BD best batsmen before Tamim came?

ANS- Shahriar Nafees

There is no doubt that our team needs his talent to tackle spinners and play long innings. Lets beat up the selector and demand his return as a middle order batsmen

alibangali
March 15, 2010, 11:06 AM
Lol is this a joke thread
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

AK420
March 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
Lol is this a joke thread

I know this sounds a bit funny but this is the truth. We need Shahriar Nafees for good. He can play spin very well and also has have WK skills. The sad thing is that he is poor touch when he is exposed to fast bowlers. Do not forget, he had the highest average in the last one day domestic tournament, it was misfortune that his team could not progress and his run bank did not increase. Whatever you say, he can play better than Aftab

alibangali
March 15, 2010, 11:16 AM
I know this sounds a bit funny but this is the truth. We need Shahriar Nafees for good. He can play spin very well and also has have WK skills. The sad thing is that he is poor touch when he is exposed to fast bowlers. Do not forget, he had the highest average in the last one day domestic tournament, it was misfortune that his team could not progress and his run bank did not increase. Whatever you say, he can play better than Aftab

No doubt he was a decent player but he needs to get fit get some form in domestic cricket. We have the most talented player in bd out of the team due to poor form and poor confidence

AK420
March 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
No doubt he was a decent player but he needs to get fit get some form in domestic cricket. We have the most talented player in bd out of the team due to poor form and poor confidence

I heard that he has got reflex problem against pacers. That'd why he cant play pace well.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
I heard that he has got reflex problem against pacers. That'd why he cant play pace well.
That is why he need to fix his reflex problem FIRST and then show everyone that he is back in to his original form that made him famous. May be then if the team needs a player like him, selectors can consider. Not before that.

wiseshah
March 15, 2010, 11:41 AM
Stupid thread, if nafees is back I want dulu, shuru back

he needs to show form
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

jisaan
March 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
:lol::lol::lol:Lol is this a joke thread

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

worst joke i've heard for quite some time

auntu
March 15, 2010, 12:03 PM
[বাংলা]"বেহুদা প্যাচাল।" [/বাংলা]

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2010, 12:56 PM
[বাংলা]"বেহুদা প্যাচাল।" [/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]বেহুদা প্যাচাল নাও হতে পারে। একে৪২০ ভাই মনে হয় শাহরিয়ার নাফীসের সুদীর্ঘ চিকুররাজির নয়নাভিরাম সৌন্দর্যের কথা মনে করে নস্টালজিক ফিল করছেন। [/বাংলা]

simon
March 15, 2010, 01:11 PM
lol,is it a sarcastic thread or just a try to get banned from BC.

auntu
March 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
lol,is it a sarcastic thread or just a try to get banned from BC.
Rakibul style.
:)

frd
March 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
this kind of threads suckZZZ big time...

_Rafi_
March 15, 2010, 02:06 PM
Rajin Saleh is far more better contender than SN. It was our stupid selectors who think naturally aggressive batsmen are better than Rajin, Rok type defensive batsmen. Aftab, SN's inclusion in recent test matches proves they still believe that stupid theory.

M.H.Rubel
March 15, 2010, 02:58 PM
I do have a feeling that we may need SN back as a middle order.He is a good test cricketer.Just need some match practice before coming to national team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

al Furqaan
March 15, 2010, 03:05 PM
SN seems to be an extremely selfish and egotistical cricketer...which is fine when u average 50, but i dont think we need or want him at this moment.

BD-Shardul
March 15, 2010, 03:09 PM
sn seems to be an extremely selfish and egotistical cricketer...which is fine when u average 50, but i dont think we need or want him at this moment.

[বাংলা]ব্যাটিং এভারেজ ফিফটি না হলেও চুলের এভারেজ কিন্তু ঠিকই ফিফটি। [/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2010, 03:13 PM
Keno ei torture? Jano na amader Furqaan mia Bangla porte pare na?

Catskills
March 15, 2010, 03:16 PM
Shahriar Nafis is permanently out of form. With his new hair style, he looks more like a pagol, vagbond, etc.

dolcevita
March 15, 2010, 03:22 PM
Nafees has missed his opportunity ...

alibangali
March 15, 2010, 03:43 PM
Rakibul style.
:)

sn should resign from all forms of communication

kmasum
March 15, 2010, 05:07 PM
SN, Aftab old stories ...its time to move on....
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Ajfar
March 15, 2010, 05:32 PM
next test series Aftab will get dropped, and then 2 series later we will see a Bring back Aftab thread.

420 bhai, how did SN did in the NCL? please enlighten me.

nsd3
March 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
Thamle.........Bhalo Lage!

NitaiPal
March 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
Nafees was good when bd was wack ... now bd is better and Nafees is wack in comparison... so no ... no nafees ... thank you

auntu
March 16, 2010, 08:19 AM
[বাংলা]ঐ কি এমন তালেবর যে ওরে নিয়ে সুতা পাকাতে হবে?
[/বাংলা]

Equinox
March 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Who?

Equinox
March 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
But seriously this culture of recycling players must stop. He was given his chance he failed let's MOVE ON!

He shouldn't be given a spot in the A team let alone the National team.

zainab
March 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
Nafees has to learn how to use his feet. Siddons should improve on Imrul and Nayeem, these two young guys are willing to learn and hardworking.

alibangali
March 16, 2010, 03:58 PM
Time to move on from the inconsistent batch. The only player who has a chance to get back from that era is ash based on his influence to bd cricket. This will only happen if he performs in domestic and a team matches.

cricman
March 16, 2010, 03:58 PM
But seriously this culture of recycling players must stop. He was given his chance he failed let's MOVE ON!

He shouldn't be given a spot in the A team let alone the National team.

Than Mahmudullah would never have gotten another Chance

BCB doing a disservice in not making a Challenger Series, With Discards vs Up and comers

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 04:29 PM
First of all I apologize for writing a post like this in a thread like this, but then I think why not!!

Yeah, let's bring Shahriar Nafees back into the team to drive the team bus....make sure he has a commercial bus driving licence first!

fais
March 16, 2010, 07:10 PM
why only bring SN back, lets also bring all the other crap players from the NCL in and give our top XI a break

NKVDv2
March 16, 2010, 07:45 PM
Shareer Nafees is stinging as badly as hannan, opi, JOB, and Nafis Iqbal.

Lets look forward and see who we can bring in from the domestics.

mona
March 16, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Shahriar Nafees himself wants to perform better and become a better batsman before being called up again. He doesn't expect any handouts, nor should he. I hope he does figure out his game though, we do have a top-middle order problem and we know he has it in him somewhere. Don't really agree with the whole 'only look forward' thing, everyone who shows promise should get a chance. Simple as that.

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 08:59 PM
In a way Zunaed and SN are similar batsmen in that once they get by early tensions, they can go on to make decent scores..both have problems with the moving ball but SN is poorer with pace then Zunaed..but Zunaed is weaker against spin then SN..SN really needs to work hard on his technique but I believe he can come back..not really a big fan of him but he is young and can improve if he works hard..first he needs 2 prove himself in domestics..think he should be in the A team as well in the upcoming tours 2 prove if he deserves 2 be in the team..

beshideshi
March 16, 2010, 09:22 PM
There shouldn't be anything as *rejected* player. Any player should be able to make a comeback if he performs well, may it be SN, Hannan, Tushar,Rajin.
But during the last series SN looked horrible, scored 20odd with 4 lives. Let him work on that first, and then we can consider him. If he can bat 85% of the Fatullah innings, he should come back in the team. But at this moment the 85% looks far far away

NKVDv2
March 16, 2010, 09:43 PM
Don't really agree with the whole 'only look forward' thing, everyone who shows promise should get a chance. Simple as that.

You are ofcourse correct in your thought.

Unfortunately, I am not sure how many times we need to try and resurrect someone's career. Shariar Nafees is unfortunately one such case. All of our players who have performed, past and present, have essentially performed from day 1 or within 18 months of debut.

Those who have success written on there back, has it written out quite well. We don't have to keep on letting them trying out new gear.

fishyguy
March 16, 2010, 10:08 PM
That guy has the worst technique ever. He looked so pathetic on his comeback just flashing at every delivery like he was playing T20.

al-Sagar
March 17, 2010, 06:25 AM
he is the best thing we lost to ICL. he was better than aftab, kapali performance wise.

he needs to score big again to come back

zainab
March 17, 2010, 06:30 AM
I strongly believe Alok should be brought back and given a chance.

view360
March 17, 2010, 06:36 AM
he is the best thing we lost to icl. He was better than aftab, kapali performance wise.

He needs to score big again to come back

যতার্থ কর্ম ব্যতীত সাফল্যের ভাবনা নির্বুদ্ধিতারই নামান্তর । সবাইকে ইহা উপলব্ধি করিতে হইবে ।

IanW
March 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
If you're going to argue for recalls, show be some numbers out of the First Class comp.

Score big runs there consistently, and I'll pay attention.

Gowza
March 17, 2010, 10:24 PM
yeah gone are the days of picking players purely on talent imo, they have to have numbers backing them up now.

Ajfar
March 17, 2010, 10:25 PM
he is the best thing we lost to ICL. he was better than aftab, kapali performance wise.

IMO our best loss was Dhiman the wicket keeper.

zainab
March 18, 2010, 06:05 AM
IMO our best loss was Dhiman the wicket keeper.

He can still be included in the squad for the National team, but BCB may have a grudge against him, because he really criticized them in saying that he has done a lot for BD cricket and does not owe them anything. I think those words will bite him for a few years.
Aftab and Alok on the other hand kept their mouths shut.

nahaz
March 18, 2010, 06:12 AM
He can still be included in the squad for the National team, but BCB may have a grudge against him, because he really criticized them in saying that he has done a lot for BD cricket and does not owe them anything. I think those words will bite him for a few years.
Aftab and Alok on the other hand kept their mouths shut.

I think holding a grudge on this by the board is a bit unprofessional. Unless they have a better wicketkeeper, Dhiman should really be keeping for tests. For one-dayers, we still need another wicketkeeper, but if we take gloves from mushque, we just have to make sure the guy won't drop more than one catch every four matches. Mushfique prob drops 5/6 in 4 ODIs and 3 per test. (4 ODIs mean less than one per series).

nahaz
March 18, 2010, 06:15 AM
Nafees' technique is so terrible I do not think he can ever play international cricket. Any type of pace or swing, and he'd et out. I'm sure every one of the top 11 teams including Ireland have bowlers capable of getting him out straight away. He looks like what I heard of the legendary Tushar Imran....

Getting any of the top NCL performers into test squads and top 10 of both NCl& DPL performers into one day teams is a far better approach.

Shaan
March 18, 2010, 06:20 AM
হা হা !! লোকজন উত্তেজিত হয়ে পড়ছে...

Shehwar
March 18, 2010, 06:39 AM
MMW SN would be back with a bang!

mij
March 18, 2010, 06:43 AM
People who wants SN to be back, they want to see bangladesh lose.

AK420
March 18, 2010, 07:47 AM
I know that he is not in good touch but let us look overall. How many matches has Ash played? Most probably over 150 odis and has scored only 3 centuries and quite a few half centuries with average of less than 25. On the other hand SN has played no more than half of the matches Ash has played but has scored 4 centuries. People are still willing for Ash's comeback but not Nafees. When SN started playing, Dave Whatmore believed that he was Bangladesh's best batsmen. In fact he was. When none of BD's player was over 30, his average was over 35. Players like Shak, Tamim and Mushy took a lot of time to become good quality players but not SN. He needs to be given chance in the team for quite a while of he needs to get use to it. Dave whatmore did it, but JS has other thoughts, with investing in players like Rubel, Naeem, Rock, Shafiul who have never and I mean never have achieved anything big like SN, Shakib, Tamim, Ash and so on.
He deserves to be in the team.

AK420
March 18, 2010, 07:49 AM
People who wants SN to be back, they want to see bangladesh lose.

Bangladesh has won only 2 matches against quality teams in three years (SL, NZ).

ahms
March 18, 2010, 08:19 AM
SN seems to be an extremely selfish and egotistical cricketer...which is fine when u average 50, but i dont think we need or want him at this moment.

Thank you for pointing out his other side. Honestly, there are many who deserve better than SN. Let him show some thing extra ordinary in international standard, I will over look all his fault, probably beg him to play for BD. Unil then, adios.

AK420
March 18, 2010, 10:36 AM
Ever since he got married, he faded away. The best thing he should do is to have a divorce.

magic boy
March 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ever since he got married, he faded away. The best thing he should do is to have a divorce.

plz Respect player's privacy/personal life. don't act like those Britney Spears' fans

BD-Shardul
March 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
MMW SN would be back with a bang!

Don't day dream brother. Reality might bite your bum (to put it in Siddon's way) :-D

AK420
March 18, 2010, 10:56 AM
plz Respect player's privacy/personal life. don't act like those Britney Spears' fans

Sorry :smug:

Tiger444
March 18, 2010, 11:03 AM
I know that he is not in good touch but let us look overall. How many matches has Ash played? Most probably over 150 odis and has scored only 3 centuries and quite a few half centuries with average of less than 25. On the other hand SN has played no more than half of the matches Ash has played but has scored 4 centuries. People are still willing for Ash's comeback but not Nafees. When SN started playing, Dave Whatmore believed that he was Bangladesh's best batsmen. In fact he was. When none of BD's player was over 30, his average was over 35. Players like Shak, Tamim and Mushy took a lot of time to become good quality players but not SN. He needs to be given chance in the team for quite a while of he needs to get use to it. Dave whatmore did it, but JS has other thoughts, with investing in players like Rubel, Naeem, Rock, Shafiul who have never and I mean never have achieved anything big like SN, Shakib, Tamim, Ash and so on.
He deserves to be in the team.

Bro his ODI average isnt the problem, its his performance against top 8 teams..29 matches and only 2 half centuries and an average of a 16..we have waay better batsmen now..even zunaed is better then him against top 8 teams..the thing is we are a test team and his performance against zimbabwe even isnt really noteworthy..hes actually worse then javed omar even against test teams..and also what games has SN won for us against top 8 teams? I dont know why ur putting him in the category of shakib, tamim, and ash..he needs 2 improve playing pace a lot if he wants to come back..im not gonna rule him out tho..hes still very young and has talent..but hes gonna have 2 prove himself a lot if he wants 2 beat out some players..

Ashfaq
March 18, 2010, 12:48 PM
We see this type of demands very frequently now a days. I guess that's the difference between a fan and a selector. Kapali, SN or even Aftab would do well to take a leaf out of Ash's book and take a hiatus to rework there games.

Meanwhile, we fans should keep such musings to ourselves.

tiger1000
March 20, 2010, 03:41 AM
in odi's he destroyed Zim and other lower ranked teams. he cant even play a ball if it has a hint of swing on it

mij
March 20, 2010, 06:42 AM
in odi's he destroyed Zim and other lower ranked teams. he cant even play a ball if it has a hint of swing on it

True.

AK420
May 19, 2010, 11:25 AM
Guyz, SN scored a century, now dont you think he needs to be back to the squad

Bikhari
May 19, 2010, 11:29 AM

No offense to you but do you really understand cricket properly?

A century and you want Nafees to be back in the NT team?

al-Sagar
May 19, 2010, 12:46 PM

i may score a century tomorrow, but i don't want to join back the squad soon ... ... ...

Bond
May 19, 2010, 12:48 PM
S. Nafees i still better than Imrul Kayes in all formats. Imrul's odi average is going to drop by 20 and the law od average will catch up haha

Shaan
May 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
Abar ki hoilo lukjon ki pagla pani khaiya bar mate namche !!

simon
May 19, 2010, 03:34 PM

isn't Bhimrul the most valuable plyr in NCL T20 which is why he played in T20 cup with 2 consecutive ducks.:-p

Atleast Bhimrul isn't a clown in the middle,the last time I saw SN in test vs India he was worse than tail enders.

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
isn't Bhimrul the most valuable plyr in NCL T20 which is why he played in T20 cup with 2 consecutive ducks.:-p

Atleast Bhimrul isn't a clown in the middle,the last time I saw SN in test vs India he was worse than tail enders.
Imrul is a clown too. Just bounce him and you'll see.

Shehwar
May 19, 2010, 05:00 PM
SN should always be part of this squad unless we find an opener in the league of Tamim. SN any day over 10 Imruls combined!

firstlane
May 19, 2010, 07:58 PM

None of them were "in form"' before going to ICL. Specially SN was in really poor form. He shouldn't get a chance in national team just because what he has done 4 years before. So you are right- if he is to comeback, he needs to prove he can still do a better job than Jahirul Islam, Shamsur Rahman and other new crop of promising batsmen.

Dilscoop
May 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
He looked like a fool against those joke Indian pacers, on a flat deck. How do you think he will play likes of Anderson on English pitch, in English condition?

1st thing SN needs to do is to GET A HAIR CUT!

detshoitan
May 19, 2010, 09:47 PM
that i agree!!! imrul just sucksss and naeem

S. Nafees i still better than Imrul Kayes in all formats. Imrul's odi average is going to drop by 20 and the law od average will catch up haha

Nafis 1718
May 20, 2010, 02:20 AM
never^infinity..........

lamisa
May 20, 2010, 04:11 AM

we are playing against england(who happen to have very good pace bowlers and the pitches are traditionally good for pacers in eng) and not zimbabwe

unda_bhai
May 20, 2010, 04:16 AM
nafees shud concentrate on his bba n maybe more education. he has no place in this team anymore. some one on crutches will have better footwork than him.

dark mage
May 20, 2010, 06:14 AM
LoL Are you kidding me? We dont need this sort of trash in the Bangladesh Team anymore, who cant even play swing. You want him back just because he scored one century against WI A after getting so many opportunities, he clicked in one match. Nazimuddin and Shamshur Rahman, have both been far more consistent. Nazim deserves another chance. I dont want trash like Sharier Nafees anywhere near the Bangladesh Team

al-Sagar
May 20, 2010, 06:33 AM
nafees shud concentrate on his bba n maybe more education. he has no place in this team anymore. some one on crutches will have better footwork than him.

i think he can be a good cricket administrator or commentator

AK420
May 20, 2010, 08:25 AM
we are playing against england(who happen to have very good pace bowlers and the pitches are traditionally good for pacers in eng) and not zimbabwe

no that was againts wi

Dilscoop
May 20, 2010, 02:31 PM
No, Nafees mostly scored against Zim.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
5 - 44. had there was a poll attached to this thread. lol. Another fail.

Nadim
May 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
It seems most of the fan's are failing nowdays. Can't blame them.they are just following out cricketers. IDOL!

Tiger Manc
May 21, 2010, 09:06 AM
I don't think he would make a good opener at International level so I don't know why he always plays as an opener. I think he would be good at #4, as #3 is the only position available at odi, he'll have to do really well to get into the team.

AK420
May 21, 2010, 10:23 AM
I know that you guyz think I am wrong but remember one thing, I accept he is crap, and he will still be. But dont you guyz think that he is a good cricketer??

Honestly speaking, Tamim was PURE crap when he first came to play and had his uncle not been a selector, he would not be able to defend his position in the team. NOW HE IS BANGLADESH'S BEST OPENER, and also he is better than any opener you will see in IPL.

Similar will be the case with SN. He was pulled into the team and he was not allowed to improve. He has talent and it would take some time re-prove that he can play. Also I believe that he is a way better batsman than Naeem, whom many of you claim to be BD's best batsmen. Calling Naeem's best batsman means that the other batsmens like Tamim are crap, which is absolutely wrong. Only time will tell my brothers, only time will tell

Imteaz
May 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Absolutely, Absolutely... :D

al-Sagar
May 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
we will need him in the matches agaisnt ireland, scotland and nether land.

then also again when we host zimbabwe.

also agaisnt ireland and netherland in WC 2011

al-Sagar
May 21, 2010, 11:58 AM
we will need him in the matches agaisnt ireland, scotland and nether land.

then also again when we host zimbabwe.

also agaisnt ireland and netherland in WC 2011

though i fell imrul can be our next minnow basher.

Tiger444
May 21, 2010, 12:06 PM
I know that you guyz think I am wrong but remember one thing, I accept he is crap, and he will still be. But dont you guyz think that he is a good cricketer??

Honestly speaking, Tamim was PURE crap when he first came to play and had his uncle not been a selector, he would not be able to defend his position in the team. NOW HE IS BANGLADESH'S BEST OPENER, and also he is better than any opener you will see in IPL.

Similar will be the case with SN. He was pulled into the team and he was not allowed to improve. He has talent and it would take some time re-prove that he can play. Also I believe that he is a way better batsman than Naeem, whom many of you claim to be BD's best batsmen. Calling Naeem's best batsman means that the other batsmens like Tamim are crap, which is absolutely wrong. Only time will tell my brothers, only time will tell

Alright you pretty much contradicted yourself..you accept hes crap but hes a good cricketer? Also comparing Tamim and SN? You must be out of your mind..Tamim is so good because he used his talent correctly and worked really hard with Siddons and never left for the icl..dont wanna keep knocking on SN for that but thats what really hurt his career and now its gonna be very hard 2 get back 2 the level he used 2 be and that was the back up opener for the team..the thing is its not that SN was not allowed 2 improve but he just didnt want 2..he shouldve realized that he is so poor against pace and needs 2 work on his technique but has he ever improved? You have 2 solely blame SN for that..and naeem can at least play pace and has the better average then SN in every format of the game..so comparing them is useless..if SN wants 2 come back hes really gotta improve..I'm sick of him just bashing and then failing hard against good teams..

lamisa
May 22, 2010, 03:34 AM
no that was againts wi

what i mean is that he shouldn't be included in the current squad coz we are playing against england

AK420
May 22, 2010, 10:05 AM
Alright you pretty much contradicted yourself..you accept hes crap but hes a good cricketer? Also comparing Tamim and SN? You must be out of your mind..Tamim is so good because he used his talent correctly and worked really hard with Siddons and never left for the icl..dont wanna keep knocking on SN for that but thats what really hurt his career and now its gonna be very hard 2 get back 2 the level he used 2 be and that was the back up opener for the team..the thing is its not that SN was not allowed 2 improve but he just didnt want 2..he shouldve realized that he is so poor against pace and needs 2 work on his technique but has he ever improved? You have 2 solely blame SN for that..and naeem can at least play pace and has the better average then SN in every format of the game..so comparing them is useless..if SN wants 2 come back hes really gotta improve..I'm sick of him just bashing and then failing hard against good teams..

Has anyone thought of what is Naeem's average against S8

AK420
May 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
By the way 444 bhai, the truth is that our best batsman was not such a good batsman at first. Shakib was not our best SLA, nor was Mash our best opening bowler at the beginning.

If you did not notice, our team never looked promising when SN was around. In 2008,09,10 our team played terribly

Tiger444
May 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
AK420, I took the stats of Naeem and you can look at it here

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56054.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6; opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;type =allround

So as you can see Naeem actually has an average of about a 35 against the top teams..its actually higher then his actual average..so the guy is a good player..and also his SR was low because the top order completely failed and he had 2 pick up the slack..yes hes not a great batsman but he has done his job in most games..

al-Sagar
May 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
Has anyone thought of what is Naeem's average against S8

u cant compare naeems average with SN

SN is always opening the batting and has full 50 overs to bat.

naeem playing at 7-8, some times come when only 5 overs left and has to go hitting blindly or rotate strike to give strike to set batsman.

or some times come to bat after 20-30 over when BD is 5-6 down and he has to bat to repair the damage.

Tiger444
May 22, 2010, 12:13 PM
u cant compare naeems average with SN

SN is always opening the batting and has full 50 overs to bat.

naeem playing at 7-8, some times come when only 5 overs left and has to go hitting blindly or rotate strike to give strike to set batsman.

or some times come to bat after 20-30 over when BD is 5-6 down and he has to bat to repair the damage.

very true..SN comes in to build the foundation for BD's innings while Naeem finishes off innings or if the top order fails, repairs the damage by rebuilding the innings..so cant compare naeem with SN..hoever we can compare SN and Imrul and so far I can say that Imrul is a far better ODI batsman then SN..

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/280734.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;o pposition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=8 ;orderby=default;template=results;type=allround

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56153.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=6; opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template =results;type=allround

So when you look at the stats, you cant even compare the 2..true imrul has not played as many games but you still cannot knock him..SN is just simply an overrated batsman who sucks against quality pace bowling..imrul does 2 but 2 his credit hes batted pretty well in ODIs..the big problem for our selectors is that Imrul should only be considered for ODIs and not tests..this is just getting his confidence down and now when he gets back in to ODIs then he cant play as well..thought there was the same problem with roqibul..hes a very poor test player and besides the triple century hes been a poor FC player..hes been a very good player in List As and pretty good in ODIs and should be only considered there 4 now..if selectors dont have a plan on selecting players then how can we expect players 2 improve?

AK420
May 22, 2010, 02:59 PM
AK420, I took the stats of Naeem and you can look at it here

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56054.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6; opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;type =allround

So as you can see Naeem actually has an average of about a 35 against the top teams..its actually higher then his actual average..so the guy is a good player..and also his SR was low because the top order completely failed and he had 2 pick up the slack..yes hes not a great batsman but he has done his job in most games..

Its mostly because he bats a bit too selfishly, he needs to be replaced by Alok or Dickens. AND FOR SN ITS UPTO PERFORMING IN THE BIG STAGE.

Tiger444
May 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
Its mostly because he bats a bit too selfishly, he needs to be replaced by Alok or Dickens. AND FOR SN ITS UPTO PERFORMING IN THE BIG STAGE.

Your saying that because you dont know the situations he came in2..I cant waste my time in everything you say but look at the matches yourself and see what he came in2..again I'm not saying hes great but when you lose so many wickets he obviously has 2 slow down and graft..you cant really blame naeem here..you gotta blame the top order batsmen like ash and zunaed..players like roqibul, mushy, and naeem had 2 play slow innings because of poor shots from the top order and they could not play their games..when the top order does fire then naeem does score quick..and alok averages 21 against top 8 teams..so your saying he should play over naeem who averages 35? Dickens is way slower then naeem..have you seen him play? No way he can play in naeems spot..You make all these foolish statements how naeem sucks but dont back up your statements..hes the best finisher we have right now and its time 4 you 2 accept that..

mij
May 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
Lol is this a joke thread still.

Dhruvo
May 22, 2010, 06:24 PM
I accept he is crap, and he will still be. But dont you guyz think that he is a good cricketer??

Lol :lol:

AK420
May 23, 2010, 10:52 AM
Lol :lol:

I meant in terms of is hair. Why does a guyz keep such long hair when it comes to being a cricketer.

Polapain to itere dekhe spoiled hoiya jabe.:mad:

Ajfar
May 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
I meant in terms of is hair.

Crap in terms of hair?

Dhruvo
May 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
I meant in terms of is hair. Why does a guyz keep such long hair when it comes to being a cricketer.

Polapain to itere dekhe spoiled hoiya jabe.:mad:
Whats so bad about long hair ? More importantly, why should it matter ? And how will it spoil kids ?

AK420
May 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Whats so bad about long hair ? More importantly, why should it matter ? And how will it spoil kids ?

Bhai, SN judi taroka cricketer hoye jai, tahole shobai tar hairstyle copy korbe.

Shakiber smile dekhe oneke onupranito hoi.

Ash hashle amra hashi

Ash biye korile biyebarite overcrowding hobe.

SN to biye kore pheleche, bachchau hoye geche, tar mani she ekhon bap. Tar mani tar pichchi pola take dekhle tar mayer cheye lomba chul rakhbe:D:lol:

AK420
May 23, 2010, 03:01 PM
Crap in terms of hair?

Ashole dekhte dakater moto lage:big_hug:

cricket_king
May 23, 2010, 09:43 PM
Ashole dekhte dakater moto lage:big_hug:

...Says the guy with the creepy looking Mr.Bean avatar.