amar11432
March 16, 2010, 12:00 AM
Congratulations to Junaid Siddique for his Maiden Century

Expect more from you in the future!

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/87200/87221.jpg

Zunaid
March 16, 2010, 12:03 AM
Merged 3 threads. Magic Boy wins.

Congrats JS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sohel
March 16, 2010, 12:10 AM
Watershed innings for Bangladesh and JSI InshAllah.

GOD bless you son, on to many more.

Nasif
March 16, 2010, 12:22 AM
Few more pics

wiseshah
March 16, 2010, 12:37 AM
what a comeback, comeback kid of the year. it requires strong nerve

simon
March 16, 2010, 12:38 AM
nice work Nasif bro!

And congratulating JS for his maiden 100.

yaseer
March 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
Congrats. Very good one for the team.
Lets see how he carries it on now.

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
thats how to make a comeback....... 100 in a test when the team REALLY needs it.

not a 100 in a practice match and then retire.

anyway ZS, keep it up for today

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 12:41 AM
This has been an epic inning. I blabber a lot about the greatness of hundreds with sub forty SR's and he's done just that. I daresay the boy has become a man. A Test hundred in the face of defeat is no joke. Batting for more than six hours is even more of a no-joke. He probably didn't deserve his spot coming into this game but has now made sure that he does, at least in the next couple of games.

Having said that, he still has a long way to go - his technique is still very suspect against a range of deliveries and he might struggle in England later this summer. Today, however, he hung in there despite his limitations and that's what matters.

Now go get 200.

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 12:43 AM
Salaam Junaid Siddiqui, tomake baba otite bohoo gali disi, ajke tomake paa chue salaam abong tomar jonno dua kortesi baba, Allah tomake meherban koruk!

BD Tigers
March 16, 2010, 12:44 AM
congrats Zunaid!!! now make history and stay till end of day, Insha Allah!!!

dolcevita
March 16, 2010, 12:46 AM
Well played now get your 150
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

oracle
March 16, 2010, 12:55 AM
Very important innings. Judging by the centuries that are coming in more frequently, one should see the positives instead.

cricket_pagol
March 16, 2010, 01:02 AM
Good innings Junaid, it's always good to see Bangladeshi players fighting hard.

Ashfaq
March 16, 2010, 01:06 AM
The first potentially match saving innings by a BD batsman against major teams. We have seen great evil can come out of no where (Rock), fortunately so can great Heroism.

Zunaid
March 16, 2010, 01:10 AM
Very important innings. Judging by the centuries that are coming in more frequently, one should see the positives instead.

agreed

Zeeshan
March 16, 2010, 01:38 AM
In ancient Iran there existed a heretical sect called the zervanists who taught that infinite time is the originating principle of existence. Centuries later a modern day Bangladeshi -who may be uninitiated with this theory- just proved that indeed miracles can occur if someone adopts the very kernel of such philosophy.

A zuni brown Zunaed appearing in a zero-sum game situation reached from zifr
to the zenith of his ziggarut innings with Zoroastrianism patience during a zwischenzug
of 250 minutes facing zenzizenzizenzic of 263 balls of bombardment from the opponents zumbooruk. Putting a zugzwang to zazzy shots of zanyism, with minimal zizz but sparse zig zag edgy boundaries, his grafting on the zuurveldt should be enough to put zolism from critics in zek ushering in a new zeitgeist to the country's cricket. Zodiacal killer of time, he gave heavens and Zeus a look as he reached his milestone driving to Finn's ball on the 96th over. Zumbador chirping, zufolo whistling and zurna playing - zounds! only for so long as his innings came to a halt with a catch from Collingwood shortly after the zwigenschpiel, and thus this zwickau prophet of miracle was denied the ambrosia of immortality from zegedine....although he would be idolized as zeme for years to come for his zealotry for producing ziraleet and zest to so many in the zayat in an otherwise soporific match in ZACS where audience would be catching...Zzzz's

Congratulations ZS on your hard fought century!! :fanflag:

alibangali
March 16, 2010, 02:31 AM
This century deserved its own thread. a brilliant performance. Inshallah he can take heart from this and develop in to a solid player for us for years to come.

MohammedC
March 16, 2010, 03:03 AM
Congrats Zunaed.

wasi_ahmed
March 16, 2010, 03:08 AM
Congrats!

Me and my friends used to call Junaid - 'The Junabot', because of his robotic movements, no batting AI (just a few if-elses) and accurate slip catching. Maybe it's time for a new nick...

dolcevita
March 16, 2010, 03:47 AM
When BD batsmen are determined they can perform .
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Rabz
March 16, 2010, 03:51 AM
One hell of an impressive innings.
Great determination.

Congrats Zunaed on your maiden test century.

Banglatiger84
March 16, 2010, 04:33 AM
We have seen great evil can come out of no where (Rock), fortunately so can great Heroism.

Best line I have seen on BC in quite a few days

nura43
March 16, 2010, 04:39 AM
অভিনন্দন জুনায়েদ প্রথম টেষ্ট শতকের জন্য । এই অর্জন যেন আগামীতে আরো অনেক বড় অর্জনের প্রেরণা যোগায় ।

WarWolf
March 16, 2010, 04:40 AM
Congrats Big Z. Hope you will continue this.

Cricmas
March 16, 2010, 05:37 AM
ZS showed how to play a test innings. A real fighting ton. Hopefully he does carry it towards Dhaka.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BD-Shardul
March 16, 2010, 06:08 AM
This has been an epic inning. I blabber a lot about the greatness of hundreds with sub forty SR's and he's done just that. I daresay the boy has become a man. A Test hundred in the face of defeat is no joke. Batting for more than six hours is even more of a no-joke. He probably didn't deserve his spot coming into this game but has now made sure that he does, at least in the next couple of games.

Having said that, he still has a long way to go - his technique is still very suspect against a range of deliveries and he might struggle in England later this summer. Today, however, he hung in there despite his limitations and that's what matters.

Now go get 200.

How does your own word taste Mr. ATMR? 'The biggest loser to play Bangladesh cricket'. :lol::D

PS. Never mind. I had to eat my words many time, especially with Mah-Man. And it has always tasted sweet :-p :saint:

BD-Shardul
March 16, 2010, 06:09 AM
And congrats Zunaed. Have always had faith in your grit. As ATMR bhai pointed, please work with JS to polish whatever technical glitches you have.

Ananna
March 16, 2010, 07:29 AM
Congrats Junaed. It was a tremendous innings under pressure. I hope your innings will teach other top order batsmen how to build a test innings. great job. Hope to see more of this in near future.

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 07:31 AM
most importantly...He played 292 balls .....pure test batting

auntu
March 16, 2010, 07:40 AM
Congrats Big Z.
Great knock under pressure and also it was scored in the 4th innings. A 4th innings century is always priceless. Hope you would carry on.

Credit also goes to JS.

mahbubH
March 16, 2010, 07:44 AM
I am very happy.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 09:35 AM
How does your own word taste Mr. ATMR? 'The biggest loser to play Bangladesh cricket'. :lol::D

PS. Never mind. I had to eat my words many time, especially with Mah-Man. And it has always tasted sweet :-p :saint:
Well he was the biggest loser to ever play for Bangladesh and didn't deserve his spot going into the game. But he made good use of his chances as anyone should.

tkandi4
March 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
Congratulations son. May Allah make you humble and give you determination to score more tons in future. Always listen to your Coach.

It also shows that the Coach knows his players. When we all gave up on Zunaid, the Coach kept on supporting him.

Now we have Tamim, Imrul, Zunaid, Mushy, Sakib, Mahmudullah scoring a ton against G-8 teams in recent ODIs and tests. This is very encouraging. If we could get better in fielding and bowling, we should be a very competitive side.

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 12:22 PM
Congratz 2 zunaed..he really set himself from aftab and imrul now and there is now no way he can be dropped from tests for a while..hes still extremely raw and needs a long time before he can be a very good test batsman..hes got the temperament though and also most importantly scoring shots..even though he was extremely slow he played some fascinating shots throughout the match..the kid should just play tests and not ODI's..hes doing much better in this format and they should just keep him here..stupid bcb though will now guarantee him a spot in ODIs 4 a while as well..

Beamer
March 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
One of the most battling centuries ever posted by a Bangladeshi. Congrats Z. It was a bit chancy, but when you face that many balls, you are bound to have some mishaps. But, he stuck it out in the hour of need and showed tremendous character in the process. His test record is actually pretty decent in terms of BD standards. But, he has room for improvement, like many others. I don't think he is an opener, though he has opened before, and I certainly don't think he is a no.3, though he has been batting there for a while. In my mind, I think he is a better suit at no.4. But then again, we all have our own opinions.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 12:57 PM
Congratz 2 zunaed..he really set himself from aftab and imrul now and there is now no way he can be dropped from tests for a while..
Consistency is the key. One inning doesn't define a man and if he goes back to his own self, none of this will matter anymore.

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
Consistency is the key. One inning doesn't define a man and if he goes back to his own self, none of this will matter anymore.

Thats very true asif bhai..but the thing is zunaed now has a century and 5 half centuries in 15 tests and 29 innings and that is very good for our standards..problem is his average does do justice 2 his scores..he shouldve been averaging about a 30 by now if he didnt get out so early in a lot of tests..so he really needs 2 get his eye in early and really try 2 focus on staying on the crease from ball 1..but in reality i think its gonna be hard 2 replace zunaed in the test squad because the fact is he does have a decent average 4 bangladeshi standards and has good scores in there as well..the big holes are now aftab and imrul in tests because imrul has no fifties yet and aftab has only 1 so its those 2 then zunaed, so maybe jahurul will get in at #2 but who else will come in?

Ajfar
March 16, 2010, 02:24 PM
Congrats Big Z. Keep up the good work.

NKVDv2
March 16, 2010, 07:49 PM
CONGRATZ.

SIDDONNS, now take him to some well tiled passage way at the Prsidents house, and aim your bouncers at him, followed with a tirade of galagali each time he is unable to dodge the ball.

chengra are batting bhulbo na.,

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
^ I like the way you think.

Zeeshan
March 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
Etto koshto koira ami zed diya rochona koirlam aar keui froshongsha koillo no... :(

deshifan
March 16, 2010, 11:18 PM
অনেক অনেক অভিনন্দন জুনায়েদকে। সকালে ঘুম থেকে উঠেই স্কোরটা দেখেছি। আশা করি দ্বিতীয় টেস্টে আরো বড় কিছু দেখব।

:flag::clap::flag::clap::flag:

fishyguy
March 17, 2010, 01:37 AM
Good on him but one century won't convince anyone its all about consistency and lets see how many runs he gets in the next games. Even JO got a century like this once but he was crap.