PDA

View Full Version : Junaid vs Finn

Nasif
March 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
Not a good show from Finn. Right after Junaid's century, he comes back with sledging.

Zunaid
March 16, 2010, 12:07 AM
JS omly needed to hit. Finn the F-face has been taken off.

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 12:42 AM
Finn is a wannabe kiddo :p

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 12:43 AM
Sledging is great, but Finn was working hard to get in Junaed's way and frankly it was quite indecent.

dolcevita
March 16, 2010, 12:44 AM
It strategic...junaid should continue to defend
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 12:45 AM
Finn simply proved to be a little shrimp!

oracle
March 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
Tame stuff. Nowhere near Aussie standards of sledging.

Nasif
March 16, 2010, 12:47 AM
Finn simply proved to be a little shrimp!

Is it the one from NASA's find ;)

tiger_omar
March 16, 2010, 12:49 AM
Is it the one from NASA's find ;)

He's even smaller than that one :)

tiger_omar
March 16, 2010, 12:50 AM
The best response Junaid could give Flynn is to keep defending his good deliveries and hit the poor ones for boundaries and not to gift his wicket away. That will teach Flynn not to mess with our boys in these sort of conditions.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 12:52 AM
Tame stuff. Nowhere near Aussie standards of sledging.
I prefer the Aussie style. At least it isn't as blatantly physical as this was.

Orpheus
March 16, 2010, 01:01 AM
I prefer the Aussie style. At least it isn't as blatantly physical as this was.

Yeah I thought it was very innapropriate. He should be fined for that. It looked like a physcial confrontation to me rather than a verbal one.

Purbasha T
March 16, 2010, 01:11 AM
The best response Junaid could give Flynn is to keep defending his good deliveries and hit the poor ones for boundaries and not to gift his wicket away. That will teach Flynn not to mess with our boys in these sort of conditions.

It's Finn, mate; Flynn is an NZ player.

And I loved the way ZS kept changing his direction and later on got rid of him as if went past him with his trickeries in a football match. :D

samircreep
March 16, 2010, 01:25 AM
Who's the match ref? He should definitely be fined but i have a feeling he's going to get away with this..

al Furqaan
March 16, 2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah I thought it was very innapropriate. He should be fined for that. It looked like a physcial confrontation to me rather than a verbal one.

perhaps finn prefers physical contacts with other men

nahaz
March 16, 2010, 07:13 AM
perhaps finn prefers physical contacts with other men

Lol..maybe. Or maybe he's just a new kid on the block who's desperate for some attention (not being sarcastic). Junaed played him well...

If Finn did anything like obstruction during running, the right thing to do is to fine him in accordance of the rules for a first offense. But a video would clear things up a lot more for me...

auntu
March 16, 2010, 07:21 AM
Kids are always kids.

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 07:31 AM
the battle will go on in 2nd test

Bond
March 16, 2010, 11:39 PM
yes finn was bowling really really well and he had junaid almost knicking the ball
i think so far battle is winning by junaid, because junaid got out of braod and swann and not finn
Round 1 junaid strike finn in dustbin

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 11:53 PM
zunaed seems like a really soft and gentle kid..if that was tamim he wouldve verbally murdered him..didnt think finn did anything wrong..at 1st i got annoyed at him but then i kinda liked it cuz it showed the english were actually showing frustration..wish zunaed had said something as well..

Bond
March 16, 2010, 11:56 PM
zunaed seems like a really soft and gentle kid..if that was tamim he wouldve verbally murdered him..didnt think finn did anything wrong..at 1st i got annoyed at him but then i kinda liked it cuz it showed the english were actually showing frustration..wish zunaed had said something as well..

Yes he looks humble person and sweet smile, whenever someone come bullying him he look down, i felt like crying, he's so soft and kind hearted and also with broad smile, u can tell from his expressions he has no hingsha (jealousy) in mind, if i had sister i would make him my dhulabhai.

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:02 AM
Yes he looks humble person and sweet smile, whenever someone come bullying him he look down, i felt like crying, he's so soft and kind hearted and also with broad smile, u can tell from his expressions he has no hingsha (jealousy) in mind, if i had sister i would make him my dhulabhai.

lol..ya he does look like a very soft person..i saw his facebook pictures and i could tell he seems like a very soft and kind person overall..good 2 have some players on the soft side and also good 2 have players like tamim who have that badass attitude..

beshideshi
March 17, 2010, 12:12 AM
How tall is Big Z? Finn is 6'8'' and it doesn't look like finn has mroe than 3-4 inches on Z.

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 12:19 AM
also good 2 have players like tamim who have that badass attitude..
Interesting phrase indeed!!!;)

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 12:22 AM
didnt think finn did anything wrong..
!!! and I thought he did!!!

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:33 AM
Interesting phrase indeed!!!;)

lol thanx kp..thats my 1st thought of tamim..or also a gangsta..i luv tamims attitude though..its really good 4 our team..we need players who arent scared of these test teams..

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:34 AM
!!! and I thought he did!!!

hmm how so? I feel like it was just some trash talking which happens in every sport..

fishyguy
March 17, 2010, 01:35 AM
You now you've arrived in cricket when big teams are sledging at you. However in this case I would not consider Finn to be a big name obviously. But still.

akabir77
March 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
it looked to me Finn was asking Zunaids Number and and Zunaids just ignoring him as he doesn't date MAN.

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:05 PM
If people really think finn did something wrong then thats pretty ridiculous..if people watch other sports, then they knoe that this happens all the time..trash talking is part of the game..when i played for my basketball teams there was all kinds of sledging i heard towards me..but thats a part of the game and i would just shrug it off or say something back..in this case he seems 2 be just seems 2 be getting in his head that "alright man its time for you 2 go 2 one of my deliveries"..nothing wrong with this

Fazal
March 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
If people really think finn did something wrong then thats pretty ridiculous..if people watch other sports, then they knoe that this happens all the time..trash talking is part of the game..when i played for my basketball teams there was all kinds of sledging i heard towards me..but thats a part of the game and i would just shrug it off or say something back..in this case he seems 2 be just seems 2 be getting in his head that "alright man its time for you 2 go 2 one of my deliveries"..nothing wrong with this

I see other sports and in NBA and NFL you get "technical foul" and "unsportmanship conduct" penalties for taunting. Yes thrash talking goes on between players with smiling face so that it doesn't look like agression to the referee/umpire in distance. And obtracting a player's path multiple times is indeed beyond trash talking.

Plus different sports have different criteria what's is exceptabe and what is not. For example what is exceptable in football is not acceptable in golf for example.

Moreover we are talking about a game in the highest level, not your street game. Finn's conduct is beyond your normal trash talking, when he repeatedly tried to confront Junaid while Juniad tried to avoid it by changing his path. Its not acceptable behavior, however you see it.

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:24 PM
I see other sporst and in NBA and NFL you get personal foul and unsportmanship conduct penalties for taunting. yes thrash talking goes on between players with smiling face so that it doesn't look like agression t the referee/umpire. And obtracting a player's path multiple times is indeed beyond trash talking.

Plus different sports have different criteria what's is exceptabe and what is not. For example what is excepted in football is not acceptable in golf for example.

Moreover we are talking about a game in the highest level, not your street game. Finn's conduct is beyond your normal trasj talking, when he repeatedly tried to confront Junaid while Huniad tried to avoid it. Its not acceptable behavior, however you see it.

sometimes players do get penalties but a lot of times you'll see that there is a lot of trash talking by players and its not picked up by refs..i remember 2003 NCAA final 4 game carmelo anthony got trash talked big time by a player named tj ford and they never really said anything..ya maybe finn should not have done this but in my eyes its nothing so bad..i remember munaf patel in the world cup game kept on sledging tamim and it repeatedly happened..i thought patel was worse then finn and nuthin happened 2 patel i believe..i see what you are saying though fazal but in my opinion is nothing beyond trash talking..

reyme
March 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
I am amazed to see no action was taken against Finn and Sawnn. Can you believe this behavior in Soccer or any other sports at highest level? This a RED card offense and Ban is automatic.
These idiots got away only because they are English and playing against Bangladesh.

Go do it against Aussies, there will be bloodshed.

reyme
March 17, 2010, 02:09 PM
Everything has a limit, even trash talking got to have a limit.
And what Finn did, my goodness.
Junaed should slap his face in the second test and then apologize.
I want to see what the match referee does then.

auntu
March 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
I am amazed to see no action was taken against Finn and Sawnn. Can you believe this behavior in Soccer or any other sports at highest level? This a RED card offense and Ban is automatic.
These idiots got away only because they are English and playing against Bangladesh.

Just imagine if this was done by any BD cricketer?!
Straight away match referee calling and loosing some percentage of match fee.

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 05:45 PM

Not Finn, but....

England in Bangladesh, 2009-10
Swann apologises for outburst (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/452195.html) 'That was born out of emotion' (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/452195.html) | Broad sorry for appeal (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/452329.html)

chol_bd123
March 17, 2010, 07:01 PM
please teach Zunaid some swear words he can use against Finn for the next match

fishyguy
March 18, 2010, 02:46 AM
Not surprised you guys forgot Shadat calling Dravid a Mother ...... Not surprised this board should win 1st prize in being blinded biased supporters BD cricket. Ofcourse if a white guy does it then its all racism and them getting favouritsm from white umpires. England had no poor decision against them BD because they are poor 3rd world country blah blah blah

Tiger444
March 18, 2010, 04:09 PM
Not surprised you guys forgot Shadat calling Dravid a Mother ...... Not surprised this board should win 1st prize in being blinded biased supporters BD cricket. Ofcourse if a white guy does it then its all racism and them getting favouritsm from white umpires. England had no poor decision against them BD because they are poor 3rd world country blah blah blah

Exactly..ive seen a lot of people on this board taking shots at the white people and saying we get treated unfairly just because of race..do you really think all white people are that racists? Lotta people just look at 1 side of the coin and just bash white people thinking that they treat us unfairly..players say crap 2 other players all the time..it doesnt mean its racist..so we can say all we want and they cant say anything? Thats not fair..

Fazal
March 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
Can you imagine what would happen if it were Tamim instead of Junaid?

Instead of changing his direction, he would have shoved Finn out of his way. If Finnw ould try to further confornt him, he would chase him out ofthe field with his bat.

Now if that what Pietersen meant by "It's a man's game, not a game for girls. " , then Finn would have a better test how manly he realy is.

Just hope Tamim hits a century in 2nd test and trash Finn's bolwing... then we will see koto dhane koto chaal.

WarWolf
March 18, 2010, 04:38 PM
Can you imagine what would happen if it were Tamim instead of Junaid?

Instead of changing his direction, he would have shoved Finn out of his way. If Finnw ould try to further confornt him, he would chase him out ofthe field with his bat.

I hope it was Tamim.

nahaz
March 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
Moreover we are talking about a game in the highest level, not your street game. Finn's conduct is beyond your normal trash talking, when he repeatedly tried to confront Junaid while Juniad tried to avoid it by changing his path. Its not acceptable behavior, however you see it.

Wait a minute, did Finn try to block Junaid running? That is illegal...its distinctively different to sledging. He can get fined for that. What the BCB should have done is tell him and Cook that he should apologise to Junaid, else we'll report to match referee. Too late now, but that should be the approach for next time.

Sledging should not involve physcial contact or swearing. Those offences should get reported and acted upon by match referees under any circumstances. Cricketers nowadays are too happy to cross the limit in the excuse of gamesmanship and entertainment.

acbizz
March 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
Junaid should learn from big boss Javed Miandad :notworthy:
dont be scared of Englishmen

http://www.andyinformation.com/cricket%20sledging.jpg

lilie vs Miandad

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
Wait a minute, did Finn try to block Junaid running?
No he didn't. That would be another man with an English last name. Harbhajan Singh.

cricket_king
March 18, 2010, 06:43 PM
No he didn't. That would be another man with an English last name. Harbhajan Singh.
Lawl.

Shakib should've owned his behind. I guess that six over cover did the trick though.

BangladeshFan
March 19, 2010, 05:43 AM
Well he actually needs a bit of english skill to sledge back. Cricket is so unfair, we have to reply to their abuse in their language lol.

it reminds me of tendu. he sledged mcgrath in marathi in one of their first encounters!!

Tiger Bhai
March 19, 2010, 06:12 AM
this second test, we need to Booo when ever this finn guy bowl's, trust me the english don't like it when Booo'd..

auntu
March 19, 2010, 06:56 AM
this second test, we need to Booo when ever this finn guy bowl's, trust me the english don't like it when Booo'd..
He might be lucky for not picked for the second test.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
junaid vs finn......................

another battle

12 runs from the finn over by junaid

BD-Shardul
March 20, 2010, 04:32 AM
Junaid should learn from big boss Javed Miandad :notworthy:
dont be scared of Englishmen

http://www.andyinformation.com/cricket%20sledging.jpg

lilie vs Miandad

Javed Miadad-Disgrace for Cricket.