PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs England, 2nd Test, at Dhaka (SBNS), 20-24 March 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Purna
March 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Match Thread
Bangladesh vs. England
Second Test

Date: 20-24 March 2010
Time: 9:30 am
Venue: Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
Squad:----
1. Shakib-Al-Hasan (Captain)
2. Mushfiqur Rahim (Deputy Captain and Wicket Keeper)
3. Tamim Iqbal
4. Imrul Kayes
5. Junaed Sidiqui
6. Aftab Ahmed
7. Mahmudullah
8. Johurul Islam
9. Naeem Islam
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Islam
12. Abdur Razzak
13. Enamaul Haque Junior
14. Shahadat Hossain

BEST OF LUCK TO THE BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM!!!

Naimul_Hd
March 16, 2010, 08:35 AM
wow....wat a change ! our little miss sunshine opened a match thread for the first time ! lets thank her and hope that she brings some good luck as well. :D

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 08:38 AM
good luck Bangladesh. lots of positives from this match, specially batting wise. bowling wise needs a big improvement.

we expect an improved performance and lets hope we at least draw this match

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 08:40 AM
What I wanna see first:
a very good team selection

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 08:41 AM
so far no announcement for addition in squad

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 08:41 AM
btw, good job Purna....that's the gut & spirit..keep it up :p

Purna
March 16, 2010, 08:42 AM
LOL thanks Naimul Bhaiya and Magic Bhaiya!

BD-Shardul
March 16, 2010, 09:21 AM
At the moment, I believe we have players who are more than capable of winning tests and ODIs. Only thing that is missing from the team is the winning mantra. Someone needs to instill that among the boys, and the sooner it is done, the better.

Orpheus
March 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
I like this.. finally a change in the member that oepend the thread. this change comes with change in our squad and a change to victor.

I think BD will win the second test match. I never felt this way. Last time I felt something similar was when my gf dumped me for a younger guy.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Miraz
March 16, 2010, 09:28 AM
Formula to win the 2nd Test.

- Win the toss
- Bat first
- Bat for at least 5 session as this would ensure half-baking of English players in hot and humid condition
- Score 400+. With Tamim in form, a confident Zunaed and consistent Mushfiq and Mahmudullah this should not br dificult for our boys.
- Half-baked English players are likely to collapse under scorching Dhaka heat. Restrict them within 350
- Bat again, take 350 run lead and declare. Full bake the English team.
It would be impossible for baked English team to last more than 60-70 overs. Bangladesh win the Test and series ends 1-1

Orpheus
March 16, 2010, 09:39 AM

- Win the toss

I guess we gonna lose!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 09:51 AM

- Win the toss
- Bat first
- Bat for at least 5 session as this would ensure half-baking of English players in hot and humid condition
- Score 400+. With Tamim in form, a confident Zunaed and consistent Mushfiq and Mahmudullah this should not br dificult for our boys.
- Half-baked English players are likely to collapse under scorching Dhaka heat. Restrict them within 350
It would be impossible for baked English team to last more than 60-70 overs. Bangladesh win the Test and series ends 1-1

after scoring 400+ we must ensure that when bowling we bowl a tight line and try to stop boundaries.

if we can bat 5+4 sessions in the test........ we can draw.....coz opponents have only 6 to enforce a result

_Rafi_
March 16, 2010, 09:58 AM
I thought opening a test match thread is sacred thing. Purna gives of the courage to open match threads in future.
Congrats Purna and Good luck BD.

bdtiger
March 16, 2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for opening the thread Purna. Wish Bangladesh team showers with good luck.

AK420
March 16, 2010, 11:18 AM
BD ought to win this. If they dont, they will lose their prestige.

auntu
March 16, 2010, 11:39 AM
Best of luck for Purna and the Tigers!

alibangali
March 16, 2010, 11:45 AM
Our batting has certainly improved but our bowling has fallen apart. if you scrutinise our previous odi wins against g8 you will find that the bowlers played a big part. I am sure with the current batting and better bowling we would have won so many matches. I am at lost on how we can address this poor bowling problems.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

shuziburo
March 16, 2010, 11:56 AM
At the moment, I believe we have players who are more than capable of winning tests and ODIs. Only thing that is missing from the team is the winning mantra. Someone needs to instill that among the boys, and the sooner it is done, the better.

Putting the parts together, unfortunately, will take time and experience. We also need a second test spinner and consistent pace bowling from Rubel and Shafiul. That also might take time.

One thing that can happen now is improved fielding. We need a good fielding coach who will really work our cream-puffs. If we field well, our results can improve dramatically. Now.

ahms
March 16, 2010, 12:32 PM

- Win the toss
- Bat first

Team combination is important here. Rubel & Razzak need to be replaced with Shafiul and Shuvo (2 R's for 2 S's).

Rinathq
March 16, 2010, 12:52 PM
my squad,
Tamim
Imrul
Junayed
Sakib (His batting could improve by moving him up)
Aftab
Mahmudullah
Mushy
Naeem
Razzaq
Sahfiul
Rubel

I still dun see how the English spinners crushed Bangladesh in both innings. I would keep Razzaq though. He just came back to test and did pretty good. Aftab was ok but what we need is smthing from Imrul and Junaed. Imrul' s digits are looking horrible. Wouldn't be surprised if Nafees gets called back. Sakib isn't doing well in batting but atleast he is doing good bowling. I wouldn't change Naeem, Mushy, Mahmudullah's order because they are looking solid at their spot. Mushy HAS to improve keeping otherwise i would bring Saghir, Dhiman and let mushy play just as a batsman
Good luck Tigers. That was pretty good in first test.

WarWolf
March 16, 2010, 02:08 PM
Bismillah.

revolver
March 16, 2010, 02:16 PM
goood luck boys

Fazal
March 16, 2010, 02:49 PM
Who is in and who is out? And who is in between?

zainab
March 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
my squad,
Tamim
Imrul
Junayed
Sakib (His batting could improve by moving him up)
Aftab
Mahmudullah
Mushy
Naeem
Razzaq
Sahfiul
Rubel

I still dun see how the English spinners crushed Bangladesh in both innings. I would keep Razzaq though. He just came back to test and did pretty good. Aftab was ok but what we need is smthing from Imrul and Junaed. Imrul' s digits are looking horrible. Wouldn't be surprised if Nafees gets called back. Sakib isn't doing well in batting but atleast he is doing good bowling. I wouldn't change Naeem, Mushy, Mahmudullah's order because they are looking solid at their spot. Mushy HAS to improve keeping otherwise i would bring Saghir, Dhiman and let mushy play just as a batsman
Good luck Tigers. That was pretty good in first test.

No Nafees, Ashraful will do better.

WarWolf
March 16, 2010, 04:49 PM
No Nafees, Ashraful will do better.

Maaf chaisi. Ar na.

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hey hey hey ...it is our little baby sister Purna apu's first match thread, proabably firts thread too....and it is the second Test between BD vs. Eng!!! Yaaahhhoooo!!!!

Bismillah! Allah Malik! I hope and pray that we play excellent and we win this match!!! Best of luck to our sister Purna and BD Tigers in this match through this match thread!

Viva Bangladesh!!!! :flag:

Fazal
March 16, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hey hey hey ...it is our little baby sister Purna apu's first match thread, proabably firts thread too....and it is the second Test between BD vs. Eng!!! Yaaahhhoooo!!!!

Gondho jukto thread?

Hey that's not the way to make fun of baby sister Purna apu.

riankhan
March 16, 2010, 05:15 PM
Maaf chaisi. Ar na.

khik

nycpro96
March 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Tamim
Jahurul+
Junaid
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq
Shuvo
Enam
Shafiul
Rubel

This is such a good XI.

kalpurush
March 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
Good luck Princes Purna and Tigers :)

taklima_naj
March 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
I dont think we will do good with this two fast bowlers ( Rubel and Shahadat ), how come everybody is forgetting Robin did good in practice match, so I think Shafiul and Robin would do much better than this at least keeping line and length tight.

Gowza
March 16, 2010, 08:30 PM
i reckon we should use a rotation system to blood some youngsters, the current pacers (rubel and shahadat especially) aren't doing very much and i think with rubel it might actually be better for his developement if he doesn't play every game. bring in guys like subashis, sajidul, robin and start to give them some proper development at the international level. maybe not for this match, but it's something they should be thinking about doing.

Zeeshan
March 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
I think BD will win the second test match. I never felt this way. Last time I felt something similar was when my gf dumped me for a younger guy.

First love is always to get over with.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OfAACA6gWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OfAACA6gWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bangalee20
March 16, 2010, 10:11 PM
Tamim
Jahurul+
Junaid
Naeem
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq
Shuvo
Enam
Shafiul
Rubel

This is such a good XI.
I like your selection. Few points:
1. Rubel was horrible in 1st Test. We are going to line up with Spin attacks. We have Shakib, Enamul, Riyad, Shuvo and Naeem. Only one Pacer will be sufficient and that should be Shafiul who can also Bat when needed.
2. Replace Rubel with Raqibul Hasan.

Here is my choice:

1. Tamim (
2. Mushfiq
3. Raqibul
4. Junaid
5. Jahurul
6. Naeem
7. Riyad
8. Shakib
9. Shuvo
10. Enam
11. Shafiul

Top 9 Players can Bat very well and if they are patience enough in Test Match, they can score big. Both Enam and Shafiuls can Bat as well.

So, we will have 9 solid Batsmen, 5 solid Spinners, 1 solid Pacer. 1 part time fast bowler (Aftab). 1 solid wicket keeper (Jahurul).:-D

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 11:25 PM
1. Tamim
2. Mushfiq
3. Raqibul
4. Junaid
5. Jahurul
6. Naeem
7. Riyad
8. Shakib
9. Shuvo
10. Enam
11. Shafiul
Top 9 Players can Bat very well and if they are patience enough in Test Match, they can score big. Both Enam and Shafiuls can Bat as well.

So, we will have 9 solid Batsmen, 5 solid Spinners, 1 solid Pacer. 1 part time fast bowler (Aftab). 1 solid wicket keeper (Jahurul).:-D

---why play 3 openers but send mushfiq at opening, when u have jahurul and junaid at 4 and 5 ???
---shuvo is not in the test suad, so no chance.
---rakibul has not yet decided to come back, and even if he comes back he needs some rehabilitation before coming back.
---shafiul is not that much solid than either shahadat or rubel and specially in pitches where we are playing. he like both of them is also inconsistent. may be 1-2 overs with some aggression or venom but then will start bowling boundary balls. he still has a worse economy than rubel in ODI but slightly better in tests
--- HOW DO U KNOW JAHURUL IS A SOLID WICKET KEEPER...he is just as good as Junaid Siddiqi. he is only a part timer for his club or ncl team.

Bond
March 16, 2010, 11:45 PM
i reckon we should use a rotation system to blood some youngsters, the current pacers (rubel and shahadat especially) aren't doing very much and i think with rubel it might actually be better for his developement if he doesn't play every game. bring in guys like subashis, sajidul, robin and start to give them some proper development at the international level. maybe not for this match, but it's something they should be thinking about doing.

i like ur thinking, ur smart userman, i thinking u become bcb selector when u grow up, u can chose good players, u have good brans. i like ur selection policy

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
i like ur thinking, ur smart userman, i thinking u become bcb selector when u grow up, u can chose good players, u have good brans. i like ur selection policy

I totally agree with Bond bhai here! I really wish that bro.

Bond
March 16, 2010, 11:50 PM
I am sorry i do no think we can win matches by this team they are missing one key player, only he make different as he has winning habbit, born winner
my all time team xi
Tamim
Junaid
Mushfiq
Ahsraful (Trumps cards)
Riyahds
Naem Rahman
Shakib Sultan
Srubardho Shuvo
Saqlain Sojib
Shahdat Hosnain
Shafiul Islam

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Imagine if we had gowza bro in at the selection panel? Man we would have such a noncontroversial team and could have more hope that we could be a good team..

shovon13
March 17, 2010, 01:08 AM
same team. same team.

despite the weak points, there is no choice but to go with the same team. we cannot afford to change the team in the middle of the series. This will take away from much of the progress we can achieve. On the contrary, if we maintain the same team - these guys will build on the first test (where they fought as a team), and continue from where they left off.

view360
March 17, 2010, 05:45 AM
I am sorry i do no think we can win matches by this team they are missing one key player, only he make different as he has winning habbit, born winner
my all time team xi
Tamim
Junaid
Mushfiq
Ahsraful (Trumps cards)
Riyahds
Naem Rahman
Shakib Sultan
Srubardho Shuvo
Saqlain Sojib
Shahdat Hosnain
Shafiul Islam

Born winner ? Winning habit ? Even Trumps cards ? It reminds me of various Bangla newspaper articles written by students turned part time journalists.
We no longer have to depend on inept BD journalists for information thanks to modern technology and a little bit of numeracy. Let us see here what the stats have to say about your Ashraful's winning habit Source Cricinfo StatsGuru (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=1;result=1;template=results;type= allround)
Let us have an abstract below :
BD won 3 test mathes out of 53 where Ashraful played and that makes the winning ratio 5.66% .
His highest score in those 3 winning test matches was 22 with a batting average of 10.83 . I have no further comment.

al-Sagar
March 17, 2010, 06:18 AM
Born winner ? Winning habit ? Even Trumps cards ? It reminds me of various Bangla newspaper articles written by students turned part time journalists.
We no longer have to depend on inept BD journalists for information thanks to modern technology and a little bit of numeracy. Let us see here what the stats have to say about your Ashraful's winning habit Source Cricinfo StatsGuru (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=1;result=1;template=results;type= allround)
BD won 3 test mathes out of 53 where Ashraful played and that makes the winning ratio 5.66% .
His highest score in those 3 winning test matches was 22 with a batting average of 10.83 . I have no further comment.

we will win our next TEST, ODI and t20 without ashraful

view360
March 17, 2010, 06:25 AM
we will win our next test, odi and t20 without ashraful

যতার্থই বলিয়াছেন এবং ইহাই বাস্তব ।

Bond
March 17, 2010, 07:15 AM
we will win our next TEST, ODI and t20 without ashraful

যতার্থই বলিয়াছেন এবং ইহাই বাস্তব ।

Mission Impossible. Ashraful is our Tom Cruise.

Bond
March 17, 2010, 07:55 AM
I totally agree with Bond bhai here! I really wish that bro.

Shukriya bhai, my friend says strong mind thinks aliking

Purna
March 17, 2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks to all the bhaiyas for the wishes!!!

Ajfar
March 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
Ashraful is our trump player?? bhai ami hashbo nah kanbo bujhtase nah.

riankhan
March 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
Ashraful is our trump player?? bhai ami hashbo nah kanbo bujhtase nah.

1st group: Regular follower of BD cricket = Ash "Hater"
2nd group: Random follower = Ash "Better"

Though I should not use "Hater", but u n me belong to the first group. But most of our countrymen belong to other one!

Raynman
March 17, 2010, 11:06 AM

Though I should not use "Hater", but u n me belong to the first group. But most of our countrymen belong to other one!

I believe the terms you are looking for are Ash-kissers and Ash-kickers. :)

Anyhoo, here's a premature toast to our first win of 2010. Thats right, I'm calling the 2nd test ours. Cheers

ahms
March 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
same team. same team.

despite the weak points, there is no choice but to go with the same team. we cannot afford to change the team in the middle of the series. This will take away from much of the progress we can achieve. On the contrary, if we maintain the same team - these guys will build on the first test (where they fought as a team), and continue from where they left off.

Noop, we need bowling enforcement based on the pitch. We CAN NOT play same bowlers.

deshifan
March 17, 2010, 11:20 AM
What I understand is if we can post 400 runs in each innings, we aren't gonna lose. Win seems a far-fetched dream at this point. My wishes are always with the tigers. :flag:

Rabz
March 17, 2010, 11:52 AM
Awwww.Nice work Purna.
Didnt realise you've opened the match thread.
All the best of luck to you and to the boys.

May the innocence of a little girl bring luck and prosperity to our team.

al-Sagar
March 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
What I understand is if we can post 400 runs in each innings, we aren't gonna lose. Win seems a far-fetched dream at this point. My wishes are always with the tigers. :flag:

we should target batting 5 sessions each innings

Biggles
March 17, 2010, 01:08 PM
The only way I see Bangladesh getting any kind of result is by batting first . This firstly puts pressure on England if you score over 300 and they have been out in the heat. Secondly it means that you will be facing Swann on a less worn track . I know some of you are amazed that Swann did so much damage but for me he spun the ball more than any of the Bangladesh spinners which is worrrying for you guys. I reckon it will be a good test if you bat first if not I reckon it will be similar to Chittagong.

Beamer
March 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
Traditionally the BD spinners are not big turners. They instead get wkts with variations in length, or as Rafiq used to do better than any, with armers. The biggest turner of the ball didn't play in CTG. I hope they bring in Enam for Razzak.

I was very very impressed with Swann. World Class.

bdtiger
March 17, 2010, 01:42 PM
The only way I see Bangladesh getting any kind of result is by batting first . This firstly puts pressure on England if you score over 300 and they have been out in the heat. Secondly it means that you will be facing Swann on a less worn track . I know some of you are amazed that Swann did so much damage but for me he spun the ball more than any of the Bangladesh spinners which is worrrying for you guys. I reckon it will be a good test if you bat first if not I reckon it will be similar to Chittagong.

I hope the English will take the challenge. Eventhough they win the toss allow Bangladesh to bat. And lets see what happens then...

riankhan
March 17, 2010, 01:46 PM

Anyhoo, here's a premature toast to our first win of 2010. Thats right, I'm calling the 2nd test ours. Cheers

Why the hell we cant make a spinner's friendly wicket?
We need a true spinning wicket.....trueeeeeeee spinningggggggg wicketttttttt

Ball will turn from the 1st/2nd day...n.....bang bang.....English dead bodies all around!

Biggles
March 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have seen him play a couple of times and he has always impressed me. I just think he needs a 6 months break from the game . I think in any sport some players get mentally tired or stale. Mark my word if they leave Ashraful out for 5/6 months you will see a different player when he comes back in. I think Shakib going to Worcester for a bit will improve his game. They have a good player in solanki and if he can pick up some tips and expirience then it can't harm .

sadhat
March 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
who is 8. Johurul Islam?

sadhat
March 17, 2010, 03:24 PM
My Prediction {My guts feelings}:

This time Skakib will lose the toss, and we will be bowling. Well if he wins again, he will choose to bat first, but this time, wicket will give something to bowler. Either way, we will be in trouble.

smashyboy
March 17, 2010, 03:41 PM

:lol:

auntu
March 17, 2010, 03:59 PM
Will there be any change in the line up?

Like:

-Razzak OUT Enam IN
-Aftab OUT Jahir IN
-Shahadat OUT Shafiul IN.

Bond
March 17, 2010, 04:09 PM

Why are you two cyber bullying me?
Don't i have the right to be Ashraful's fan?
If a child's father thought he was a failure and always gave negative motivation what will happen to him, Ashraful is going lean path of form, instead of looking down and make fun why not support him. He's human being, he'll remember the true fans who stick together during hard time:fanflag:.

Fazal
March 17, 2010, 04:58 PM

This time Skakib will lose the toss, and we will be bowling. Well if he wins again, he will choose to bat first, but this time, wicket will give something to bowler. Either way, we will be in trouble.

My gut is also filling due to tension thinking about this scenario. Creating pressure, I need to go...

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 05:21 PM

Like:

-Razzak OUT Enam IN
-Aftab OUT Jahir IN
Bring it on baby bring it on...
Here comes our Test victory in Mirpur against E8!

Go Tigers :fanflag:Go Bangladesh

Nafi
March 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
BD havent got many experienced reliable test bowlers.

Shahadat only performs once in a blue moon in tests. This guy get a 6-26 against south africa, then has horrible figures the next six tests, i.e 1-100, then bursts again with another fantastic spell, like his five wicket haul to bowl India out for ~250

Mortaza has been an okay test bowler, but he is not even match fit/available. And is only great in tests, when he is bowling at full pace (85-90mph) to make use of his ability to get movement off the seam.

Shafiul and Rubel are still very new and unexperienced

For the spinners, whom none are wrist spinners.

Razzak is not suitable for tests
Riyad and Naeem are actually part timers, and not even specialists, though they are getting better.
Shakib is our only reliable test bowler, and alongside being a premier batsmen and captain, the burden is huge amount.

Short term solutions for the bowling front, we just need one of the other all-rounder spinners to evolve from support roles to attacking roles, like Shakib had in recent times.

And for shahadat to bloody regain form, for mashrafe to regain fitness, and for a young seamer eg (shafiul/Rubel/robin) to gain confidence and have a breakthrough.

We also could use an amazing wrist spinner, but then again every country wants a reincarnation of Shane Warne. To be frank there isnt a test class wrist spinner playing for any test team atm.

bura
March 17, 2010, 06:58 PM
Mission Impossible. Ashraful is our Tom Cruise.

muahahaha

bura
March 17, 2010, 07:05 PM
Why are you two cyber bullying me?
Don't i have the right to be Ashraful's fan?
If a child's father thought he was a failure and always gave negative motivation what will happen to him, Ashraful is going lean path of form, instead of looking down and make fun why not support him. He's human being, he'll remember the true fans who stick together during hard time:fanflag:.

nobody is bullying you. All they are asking is to get your logic straight. If you say Ash should be included better come up with stat/data/logic not emotion. :)

We all want performers. NAT team is not a practice ground where you want to get your form back.

bura
March 17, 2010, 07:08 PM

Like:

-Razzak OUT Enam IN
-Aftab OUT Jahir IN

agree! may be Shfi for Rubel not Shahadat.

Rifat
March 17, 2010, 07:17 PM
Purna Apu, good stuff and may Allah help your, our and my cause...

Jaybaba
March 17, 2010, 07:28 PM
A good assessment of Bangladesh cricket: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/mar/18/bangladesh-need-sptaeed-slow-progress

Everyone understands the importance of domestic cricket infrastructure and sporting wickets. Only BCB does not seem to care.

chol_bd123
March 17, 2010, 08:21 PM

thats exactly what i have been thinking.

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 08:36 PM
thats exactly what i have been thinking.
Then think a bit positive please...^^^;)

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 08:39 PM
A good assessment of Bangladesh cricket: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/mar/18/bangladesh-need-sptaeed-slow-progress

Everyone understands the importance of domestic cricket infrastructure and sporting wickets. Only BCB does not seem to care.
Thank you ...
Bangladesh have need for speed after a decade of slow progress

Critics claim Bangladesh should not be a Test nation, but with the right infrastructure they will develop the bowlers to compete

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/3/17/1268846944652/Junaid-Siddique-001.jpg Junaid Siddique's century against England was evidence of Bangladesh's progress, but now they need to improve their bowling. Photograph: ANDREW BIRAJ/REUTERS

If some of the pundits had their way it would be a long time before England toured Bangladesh again. There have been plenty of suggestions that Bangladesh, beaten by 181 runs, should be demoted from Test cricket, either down to a second tier of nations or out of the cycle altogether. It is a viewpoint that I would question.
Poor as Bangladesh were in patches, England still needed to play proper cricket to beat them. We saw in this match that Bangladesh are improving as a side. If you plotted a graph of their progress since they came into Test cricket, the line would be curving steadily upwards. Junaid Siddique's 106 in the second innings made him the fifth Bangladeshi batsman to score a Test century since 1 January. That is as many centuries in the last two and a half months as the team managed in the previous four years.
It has been 10 years since Bangladesh made their Test debut. In that time they have played 65 matches and won three of them. Critics have short memories. That record is in line with the trend for emerging Test nations. In their first 10 years of Test cricket, between 1982 and 1992, Sri Lanka played 37 Tests, and won two. In New Zealand's first decade they played 14 times without winning once (and took 45 matches to do so). No doubt there were people who wanted to kick those teams out of Test cricket then, too.
Where Bangladesh's record does differ is in the number of draws they have secured, only six, as opposed to Sri Lanka's 16. Sri Lanka were lucky in that they went on to discover Muttiah Muralitharan and were able to build a bowling attack around him. In the absence of such a star spinner, Bangladesh's big difficulty is fast bowling. There are two sides to the problem – their batsmen are not comfortable facing it, and their bowlers are not capable of delivering it. The first issue can be fixed, but the second is tougher to solve.
The weaknesses of their top order against fast bowling were clear in the first innings of this Test in Chittagong. Both Siddique and Imrul Kayes were bounced out. I know from my own playing days with Zimbabwe just how difficult it is as a batsman in a developing team to deal with the step up in pace that occurs when you play a top nation. It is a real shock to the system to come out of a net or a first‑class game where the bowling has been at 130kph to face a barrage in a Test match at 140kph.
That extra 10kph may not seem much on paper, but imagine it as the difference between a spin bowler's regular delivery and his arm-ball. The change in pace is similarly slight but very effective. In Zimbabwe we actually recruited two South African baseball pitchers to come into the nets and throw at us as fast as they could from 19 yards, to help us adapt to the pace of top-level cricket. At first we could hardly get the bat on the ball, but over time we became accustomed to the increased speed. Until Bangladesh can find some quicks of their own for their batsmen to practise against, they may need to resort to more unnatural methods like that one.
Developing that bowling talent is a tough task. Even India have faltered because they do not have a consistent squad of pace bowlers who can really intimidate the opposition. Bangladesh face similar difficulties. Between the flat wickets and the heat and humidity of the conditions, not many young players are going to want to run up and bowl at 140kph for any period of time. One way forward would be to develop wickets that offer more encouragement for seam bowlers.
But the bedrock for future development is what is happening underneath Test cricket. I would want to visit and inspect Bangladesh's domestic set-up before passing judgment, but wherever you are in the world strong first‑class cricket is absolutely crucial for Test success. You can't pluck players from a weak domestic league and expect them to make a quick transition to the top level. This also takes time. Bangladesh have had 10 years to work on their domestic structure. England have had more than 100, and still not got it right.
Bangladesh have a part to play in the modern game. Their huge cricketing population is a resource that the sport should not waste. If you suddenly split Test cricket into two divisions then that interest will wane. England's visit will stimulate enthusiasm in a way that playing Ireland and Zimbabwe never would. The mismatches, we are told, are doing nothing for the health of Test cricket, but what about the longer-term development of the sport? Cricket would only benefit from Bangladesh getting better.

beshideshi
March 17, 2010, 08:49 PM
Bond brother, I am a huge Ashraful fan, but time has come for him to take a break, collect himself and get back to his usual self. Every player has these horrible patches, where runs look like something from planet mars and beyond reach. Shane Watson, Marcus North, Ravi Bopara, V. Solanki, G. Hick, S. Ganguly and almost everyone had these patches. I am sure Ash will bounce back, our top order really needs a full firing Ash.

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 09:11 PM
Great ^^^article.
BCB should make sporting wicket soon if they want to keep Test status

al-Sagar
March 17, 2010, 09:46 PM
BD havent got many experienced reliable test bowlers.

Shahadat only performs once in a blue moon in tests. This guy get a 6-26 against south africa, then has horrible figures the next six tests, i.e 1-100, then bursts again with another fantastic spell, like his five wicket haul to bowl India out for ~250

Mortaza has been an okay test bowler, but he is not even match fit/available. And is only great in tests, when he is bowling at full pace (85-90mph) to make use of his ability to get movement off the seam.

Shafiul and Rubel are still very new and unexperienced

For the spinners, whom none are wrist spinners.

Razzak is not suitable for tests
Riyad and Naeem are actually part timers, and not even specialists, though they are getting better.
Shakib is our only reliable test bowler, and alongside being a premier batsmen and captain, the burden is huge amount.

Short term solutions for the bowling front, we just need one of the other all-rounder spinners to evolve from support roles to attacking roles, like Shakib had in recent times.

And for shahadat to bloody regain form, for mashrafe to regain fitness, and for a young seamer eg (shafiul/Rubel/robin) to gain confidence and have a breakthrough.

We also could use an amazing wrist spinner, but then again every country wants a reincarnation of Shane Warne. To be frank there isnt a test class wrist spinner playing for any test team atm.

just perfect.

dollar and robin are two more prospects but also unexperienced as shafiul and rubel. these 4 need somebody experienced like mashrafe or shahadat to spear head them. but shahadat is not upto the task. may be we need talha jubair back

Rinathq
March 17, 2010, 09:47 PM
I dunt know why some ppl want to take out Razzaq, Aftab, Imrul. This is a bad attitude by bengali fans that we want someone out immediately after one or two bad performance. Razzaq just returned to test and i think he should be given more time. Aftab has also returned 2 tests ago and we have seen that he is not so aggressive anymore. Siddons also said that he likes working with Aftab and thinks he is imroving. SO why not listen to our coach and let him work on Aftab.
I wouldn't change the team. Ash was never ever a test material. unlike Aftab he showed no imrpovement what so ever. 2 spinners are enough if they are good. We dunt need 5 spinners in the team. I dun remember a team becoming successful with soo many spinners. Sakib, Razzaq, Mahmudullah is good enough.
We are doing well now but not winning because u have played with poor teams all last year and thats why lacking something....But as we go to play our third test of the year, i feel pretty confident. Our team is always giving a fight.. keep going BD

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
Thank you ...
Bangladesh have need for speed after a decade of slow progress

snipped

Critics claim Bangladesh should not be a Test nation, but with the right infrastructure they will develop the bowlers to compete

snipped ...

Beshi pump diley aabar BD player ra jaa kheley na!!...20 er beshi kingba 1 ta wicket er beshi paai e na!...

Rifat
March 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
Bond brother, I am a huge Ashraful fan, but time has come for him to take a break, collect himself and get back to his usual self. Every player has these horrible patches, where runs look like something from planet mars and beyond reach. Shane Watson, Marcus North, Ravi Bopara, V. Solanki, G. Hick, S. Ganguly and almost everyone had these patches. I am sure Ash will bounce back, our top order really needs a full firing Ash.

:up:

+++++1

Tanvir703
March 17, 2010, 10:47 PM

Like:

-Razzak OUT Enam IN
-Aftab OUT Jahir IN

Our best chance.

beshideshi
March 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
good on mushy http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=130524

RazabQ
March 18, 2010, 01:19 AM

Wow - we've managed to impress Duncan Fletcher! He's a deep thinker of the game and as curmudgeonly as they come!

Holden
March 18, 2010, 03:37 AM
Wow - we've managed to impress Duncan Fletcher! He's a deep thinker of the game and as curmudgeonly as they come!

Duncan Fletcher is a great all round coach, if Siddons leaves after 2011 World Cup (not that I particularly want him to leave), and we some how manage to get Fletcher as our head coach, he would be the guy who could take us to the next level.

jisaan
March 18, 2010, 03:50 AM
Match Thread

Bangladesh vs. England
Second Test

Date: 20-24 March 2010
Time: 9:30 am
Venue: Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
Squad:----
1. Shakib-Al-Hasan (Captain)
2. Mushfiqur Rahim (Deputy Captain and Wicket Keeper)
3. Tamim Iqbal
4. Imrul Kayes
5. Junaed Sidiqui
6. Aftab Ahmed
7. Mahmudullah
8. Johurul Islam
9. Naeem Islam
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Islam
12. Abdur Razzak
13. Enamaul Haque Junior
14. Shahadat Hossain

How come a lot of ppl are going for Shuvo? Is there any change? At least, i haven't heard of any
although i would like to send Raz, Imrul & Shahadat to rest
Get Raquibul, Shafiul & enamul in their place

ammark
March 18, 2010, 04:13 AM

Echoing Jaybaba, here's to quote fletcher:

But the bedrock for future development is what is happening underneath Test cricket. I would want to visit and inspect Bangladesh's domestic set-up before passing judgment, but wherever you are in the world strong first‑class cricket is absolutely crucial for Test success. You can't pluck players from a weak domestic league and expect them to make a quick transition to the top level. This also takes time. Bangladesh have had 10 years to work on their domestic structure. England have had more than 100, and still not got it right.

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 04:32 AM
How come a lot of ppl are going for Shuvo? Is there any change? At least, i haven't heard of any
although i would like to send Raz, Imrul & Shahadat to rest
Get Raquibul, Shafiul & enamul in their place

u r right, no shuvo.

but how come u want raquibul, have u heard anything about him coming back ????

it is possible to call up shuvo any time if needed. but nor possible calling up raquibul in this short time. isnt it ???

nahaz
March 18, 2010, 06:32 AM
I suggest we do not pick Ashraful or Rakib till the England series...Rakib will not succeed in tests. In ODIs, he may come good. Ashraful should play in both. In tests, he's one of the most technically correct batsman, and a debut there will be too daunting for a batsman. By playing ODIs, he may jsut remember his last tour and grow in confidence. Remember how Ash always scores against the Lankans since his maiden test (century)..he's all about confidence and what's in his head.

I'd be disappointed if Jahurul isn't replacing Imrul. I'd be happy if aftab gets replaced by Faisal, but coach may think of that as inconsistent, so that won't happen. True that he hasn't got too many chances....

Shafiul must replace one of the pacers, preferably Shahadat. He cannot perform unless someone does sth wrong to him by his definition (eg Sehwag).

Razzak must be replaced..his 2nd innings wicketsd should not fool us...I really think Shuvo's the way to go. He can bat too...and he can prob take more wickets. He's a good sensible player...

beshideshi
March 18, 2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/current/story/452366.html

Kevin Pietersen believes he is back to his best form after battling to overcome his technical deficiencies against left-arm spin, but he has nevertheless voiced his criticism of the Chittagong wicket that aided his recovery in the first Test against Bangladesh. Pietersen made 99 in England's first innings of the series and followed that up with a hard-hitting 32 from 24 balls, but feels that the surface on which the match was played was bad for spectators, and by extension, the five-day game as a whole.

The Bangladesh series clashes with the glitz and glamour of the Indian Premier League, to which Pietersen will flying as soon as the second Test is over to link up with the Bangalore Royal Challengers, and while he was full of praise for the spirit that Junaid Siddique and Mushfiqur Rahim showed in extending the Chittagong Test into the final afternoon, he questioned the entertainment value on offer in a match that England, to all intents and purposes, dominated from ball one.

"I don't think the conditions are good for Test match cricket," said Pietersen. "Everyone is talking about where Test cricket will be in five years' time, and I don't think wickets like that are conducive to people watching. On day five of a Test match, you expect some spin and something in the wicket, because you need wickets that will produce victories or results. I don't think the wicket was great in terms of entertainment, but in terms of English toughness it was good for our young bowling attack."

"Bangladesh were good," he said. "They fought hard in patches, especially on the last day, but with the way Test match cricket is going and the way people are talking negatively about it now, as a Test match cricket lover [I am concerned]. If we had played India on that pitch, it would have been 700 plays 700 plays 100 for 1. It's not good for Test match cricket, because I want Test match cricket to survive for as long as possible. It tests every individual and toughens you up."

Pietersen's criticisms were echoed by one of his chief tormentors of the tour, the left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, who felt that his team had been let down by the Chittagong wicket after packing their side with four spinners in a bid to exploit the turn that they had anticipated from the surface. "The Chittagong wicket was not very spin-friendly," said Razzak. "Nothing happened for the first two days. The ball just went straight when we bowled in the first innings, and though there was some bounce, it's useless without turn."

The net result, however, was a timely return to form for Pietersen, who has had to drag his game out of the doldrums after a desperate run of form which, he claimed, was triggered by a technical fault that crept into his game during the tour of South Africa in December and January. Following scores of 40 and 81 at Centurion - his first Test since undergoing Achilles surgery in the summer - Pietersen managed 56 runs in his next five innings of the series, and said that by the end of the tour "I didn't know where I was and what I was doing".

"It was strange," said Pietersen. "I felt in good nick after the Twenty20 in Centurion [his comeback match], but then something went wrong in the third and fourth Test matches. I looked at a lot of footage, and compared it to some footage from before, and I realised I had made some technical errors, and I wasn't playing the way I used to. But I've sorted that out now, and I feel a different player."

The root of Pietersen's problem had been in his trigger movement at the crease, which involves an exaggerated knee-bend at the point of delivery. "If you lose your technique, the more your head goes," he said. "I don't want to jinx [my recovery], but I honestly do feel really, really good about my game at the moment. It's a nice place to be compared to ten days ago when I needed something to click, and something to work on, which I love doing. Yeah, I feel good now."

"There was a little thing I needed to work on, technique-wise, against the left-arm spinners, but then spending two or three hours at the crease [at Chittagong] was important as well, because when you're going through a tough time you often think: 'wow, how do I get to 20, 30, 50 ...' So to get to 99 and 30-odd off 20, by when I was hitting a lot of my areas I used to hit - midwicket off the spinner, and hitting over the top - I'm pretty happy."

As a by-product of all the thought that Pietersen has had to put into his technique against spin, he has rediscovered an urge to work on his own offspin - the facet of his game that first earned him the chance to play first-class cricket for Natal. "I think I can get a lot more wickets bowling to left-handers," he said, "with some that turn, and some that don't turn.

"A lot of the decisions I have got in my career have been down to my bounce and pace, and the uncertainty of where it is going, so I think I can get quite a few wickets. I'm looking to bowl more, and I've actually spoken to Cookie about it and I keep saying to him: 'get me on here.'"

He might well be called upon to perform with the ball in Dhaka if the wicket is anything like as slow and low as the Chittagong surface, but whatever happens, Pietersen is adamant that England must finish the series with focus and determination - two traits that have often deserted them towards the back-end of lengthy tours.

"The key to this week is finishing the tour well and concentrating on the Test match," he said. "What matters is winning the series, because we often don't finish tours the way that we would like, we sort of veer off at the end of a series because we want to get home, because we travel so much. The key to the team this week is to really make sure we grind it out here and get a good victory for Cooky [Alastair Cook], because he's done a great job on the field and off the field. We want to serve up a good victory for the chef."

beshideshi
March 18, 2010, 07:37 AM
^^ I have serious problems when Aus/Eng/SAF players cry about low and slow pitches in the sub continent, we don't go to tours and complain how the pitches over there are not suitable. Every home team has the right to try and use it's strength and exploiting opponent's weakness. If slow and low pitches put them in trouble, so be it.

magic boy
March 18, 2010, 08:16 AM
Our last test match at home in this year 2010?:sigh:

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:50 AM

we expect a trip of NZ at the end of the year

auntu
March 18, 2010, 09:53 AM

The link is not working. :(

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 10:00 AM

followed by zimbabwe, but they wont play tests

Miraz
March 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
The link is not working. :(

Try this one
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/mar/18/bangladesh-need-speed-slow-progress

auntu
March 18, 2010, 10:24 AM
Try this one
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/mar/18/bangladesh-need-speed-slow-progress
Thanks Miraz bhai.

AK420
March 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
My team:

Tamim Iqbal
Jahurul
Zunaid
Aftab(SN or Ash would be better)
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Shuvo
Shafiul
Enamul
Razzaq

auntu
March 18, 2010, 10:36 AM
Is it?

We are going to host NZ in Oct'10. Also we will host ZIM in Dec'10 for 2 tests and 5 ODIs.

Link: (http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ugc/documents/DOC_80C5D865BBCABD83AA3248B1E70EBF9A_1257060419593 _125.pdf)

magic boy
March 18, 2010, 10:55 AM

Is it?

We are going to host NZ in Oct'10. Also we will host ZIM in Dec'10 for 2 tests and 5 ODIs.

Link: (http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ugc/documents/DOC_80C5D865BBCABD83AA3248B1E70EBF9A_1257060419593 _125.pdf)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h6hmdu.gif

Miraz
March 18, 2010, 11:51 AM
All Bangladesh has to do is prepare rank turners at home; get in their spin bowlers, condition their batsmen to play spin properly, and soon they will be able to have a decent home record (and end all this talk about them not been good enough to play test cricket)

Plain and simple. Only if our administrators were this smart in thinking.

alibangali
March 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
^^ I have serious problems when Aus/Eng/SAF players cry about low and slow pitches in the sub continent, we don't go to tours and complain how the pitches over there are not suitable. Every home team has the right to try and use it's strength and exploiting opponent's weakness. If slow and low pitches put them in trouble, so be it.
You are absolutely right. They are just whining because we a lowly side made them sweat hard. Indian pitches are even worse yet the curators there get praised for such pitches since indian crowd like to watch batting. had we made a a pitch which favoured the english the game would have ended in 3 days and we would have been critised for being shite.

Eshen
March 18, 2010, 01:01 PM
Focus on Mirpur pitch

Jahurul debuting as a keeper?

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=130630

http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2010/03/19/2010-03-19__sp11.jpg

WILL THIS PITCH TURN? Curator Badiul Alam (R) advises coach Jamie Siddons about the pitch of the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium while fielding coach Ruwan Kalpage looks on during Bangladesh's practice session yesterday.Photo: STAR

On the eve of the second Test match between Bangladesh and England, the pitch came under spotlight as question has been raised about the unsuitable surface for the five-day game in Chittagong. The common knowledge was that there would have been only one result -- a draw -- from the first Test if two even-strength sides played the match.

So both sides are expecting something different at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur and understandably the home side are in favour of a pitch where the slow bowlers can dictate terms. And there is a prediction that the slow bowlers will get favour as the game progresses and Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan may not make the same mistake he did in the port city if he calls the coin rightly for the second Test which starts tomorrow.

"Our main target is to play good cricket. It would be really helpful for us if there is some turn as the game goes on. There was nothing in the pitch in Chittagong for the bowlers but we hope it will be different in Dhaka," said left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak while talking to reporters at the stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

"I think England is one of the best teams in Test cricket right now and they always feel comfortable against the pace bowlers. Low wicket is always good for us. Actually we need that type of wicket where we play our domestic cricket," he added.

The experienced cricketer also hoped that the batting problem in the number three and four positions would be solved in the second Test.

"Our batting was not that bad in the first Test. Yes we have problem in the No 3 and 4 positions but you can't say that it will not be fine in the second Test," he said.

There has however been a thought of changing one top-order batsman from the first Test's playing eleven and in that case Jahurul Islam may come in place of Aftab Ahmed to make his international debut.

Jahurul practised keeping wickets and also batted in the nets under the guidance of coach Jamie Siddons yesterday to make many believe that he may get the nod. It was learnt that the uncapped player was in consideration not only as a batsman but also as a wicketkeeper though he has rarely stood behind stumps in the domestic scene.

Mushfiqur Rahim has been in good form as a batsman but continued his poor showing behind the stumps and that's why many believe that he can only be used as a specialist batsman in the team but the main question was: who will replace him as a 'keeper?

One change in the team is all but confirmed, as Shafiul Islam is likely to replace Shahadat Hossain, who was ordinary in the first Test.

Beamer
March 18, 2010, 01:17 PM
Please, don't experiment like that with a part timer keeper. Its far from the solution, in fact, it doesn't even address the problem but deepens it.

Ajfar
March 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
^^ amader management je ki? ekta part time wicket keeper re national team er keeper banabe?? it will be probably end up being same as Mushy if not worse. I really hope this news is not true.

I guess we should be happy that they recognized there is a problem.

alibangali
March 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
Why cant they get in a specialist keeper in who may not be a good batsmen. Like many have pointed out some of the catches if taken would equal to a large amount of runs saved. We need a keeper not another batsmen who can keep a bit.

Fazal
March 18, 2010, 01:36 PM
So it looks like the following:
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Junaid
4. Rahim
5. Riyad
6. Naeem
7. Sakib
8. Jahirul
9. Saiful
10. Razzak
11. Rubel
I am happy with the team except that I would also like to see Razzak replaced by Enamul or some other specialized spinner who performed in local league.
Razzak is not giving what he is supposed to give as a specialized spinner in the team. His batting is also not helping him out to compensate his toothless bowling.i

Nocturnal
March 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
Good luck Bangladesh Team. Hopefully this time we will see a Win finally in 2010!!

M.H.Rubel
March 18, 2010, 02:13 PM
At last Siddons has understood that:
1.Aftab is not a test material and going to replace him?
2.Mushy is not a keeper at all but Siddons is trying to think Jahurul as a keeper.I am in fear it may be another mistake as well?Though i wish Jahurul will do better than Mushy as a keeper.Best of luck Jahurul.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
March 18, 2010, 02:19 PM
What's is frustrating is that it takes Siddons too long to realize there is a problem in the team, and then he dances around the problem for way too long before going for the obvious solution.

I highly doubt we will find our best combination under him by the time for WC'11.

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 02:26 PM
...and they continue to try to make out of players what they are not. If you really want to torture the guys, why not do it the right way by giving them 10 laps for every edge in the nets? ;)

Nafis 1718
March 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
shakibr part mara bondho kore bhalo kisu kore dekhano uchit.

Tiger444
March 18, 2010, 03:22 PM
What's is frustrating is that it takes Siddons too long to realize there is a problem in the team, and then he dances around the problem for way too long before going for the obvious solution.

I highly doubt we will find our best combination under him by the time for WC'11.

thats very true actually..some people at bc highlight the problems and then a long time later siddons and team management addresses it..its good he figures it out eventually but he has 2 figure things out quicker..for example ash shouldve been out of the team way sooner..now he pretty much rotted in the team and hes gone an all time low..if he was gone b4 he couldve been back 2 his old self already..now he mite not be back to his old self when time comes..wicketkeeping issues were happening long b4 and now he finally realizes..mahmudullah and mushfiq shouldve been moved up the order waay back..now he finally realizes..i really hope we get the right combo b4 world cup time..

Nafi
March 18, 2010, 03:27 PM
If we're going to get a keeper, get the best god damn keeper we have, that might even be dhiman ghosh

Eshen
March 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
From http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-19/news/49935

[বাংলা]টেস্টের দুই দিন আগে একাদশ জানিয়ে দেওয়ার উদাহরণ কমই আছে। বিরল সেই উদাহরণ হতে চাইলেন না বলেই কি না কাল দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের দল জিজ্ঞেস করায় ‘হয়তো’ শব্দটা নিয়ে এলেন জেমি সিডন্স, ‘রাজীবের (শাহাদাত হোসেন) জায়গায় সুহাস (শফিউল ইসলাম)...হয়তো।’

কোচ ‘হয়তো’ বললেও মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে কাল থেকে শুরু ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের দলে এই একটা পরিবর্তন নিশ্চিতই বলা যায়। শাহাদাত হোসেনের জায়গা নিয়ে ক্যারিয়ারের চতুর্থ টেস্ট খেলার সুযোগ পাচ্ছেন আরেক পেসার শফিউল। কাল অনুশীলনের আবহে আরেকটা পরিবর্তনের গুঞ্জনও বেশ ঘুরে বেড়াল। গুঞ্জনটা সত্যি হলে আফতাব আহমেদের জায়গায় এই টেস্টেই অভিষেক হয়ে যেতে পারে জহুরুল ইসলামের। ইনডোরের নেট প্র্যাকটিসে তাঁকে নিয়ে দীর্ঘ সময় কাটিয়েছেন কোচ। শুরুতে জহুরুল উইকেটকিপিং প্র্যাকটিসও করলেন লম্বা সময় নিয়ে।

জহুরুলের কিপিং প্র্যাকটিস দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্বে ফেলে দেওয়ার মতোই ব্যাপার। মূলত ব্যাটসম্যান হলেও ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে টুকটাক উইকেটকিপিং করেন। উইকেটের পেছনে মুশফিকুর রহিমের ব্যর্থতায় দুইয়ে দুইয়ে চার মেলালে প্রশ্নটা আসেই—তবে কি মুশফিকের ওপর চাপ কমাতে চাইছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট? থিংক ট্যাংকের সঙ্গে কথা বলে অবশ্য সরাসরি ‘হ্যাঁ’ বা ‘না’ কোনোটাই শোনা যায়নি। তবে নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক দায়িত্বশীল একজন সম্ভাবনা উড়িয়ে দিচ্ছেন না, ‘কাঁধের ইনজুরির কারণে গত প্রিমিয়ার লিগে মুশফিকুর কিপিং করেছে খুবই কম। এই সিরিজে তার মিসগুলো হয়তো সেটারই জের। ওর যদি কিপিং থেকে বিশ্রাম প্রয়োজন হয়, অমিকে (জহুরুল) দিয়ে চেষ্টা করানো যেতেও পারে। তবে তার আগে অমিকে একাদশে আসতে হবে।’ শাহাদাতের জায়গায় শফিউল মোটামুটি নিশ্চিত হয়ে যাওয়ায় আজকের একাদশ নির্বাচনসংক্রান্ আলোচনার কেন্দ্রবিন্দুতে থাকার কথা আফতাব-জহুরুলেরই।[/বাংলা]

bdtiger
March 18, 2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/admin/news_images/109/thumbnails/image_109_41079.jpg

[বাংলা]একাদশে ফিরছেন শফিউল খেলবেন জহুরুলও!
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : 'কী, আরেকটা সুযোগ চাও নাকি,' কোচের প্রশ্নের উত্তরে সম্মতির সঙ্গে ঢাকা টেস্টের একাদশে টিকে থাকার অনিশ্চয়তাও যেমন মাখামাখি হয়ে থাকল আফতাব আহমেদের উপচে পড়া হাসিতে। ঠিক একই সময়ে মিরপুর স্টেডিয়ামে নাসির আহমেদ নাসুর তত্ত্বাবধানে উইকেটকিপিং অনুশীলনে ব্যস্ত জহুরুল ইসলাম অমি। তাহলে কি চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে মিডল অর্ডারে আফতাব আহমেদ এবং গ্লাভস হাতে মুশফিকুর রহিমের ব্যর্থতা আড়াল করতে এই নবাগতকে নিয়ে 'বাজি' খেলতে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ? একেবারে নিশ্চিত না হলেও এমন একটি সম্ভাবনা বাংলাদেশের টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের ভাবনায় আছে। তবে ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের একাদশে না থাকাটা নাকি চট্টগ্রামেই নিশ্চিত করে এসেছেন শাহাদাত হোসেন! তাঁর জায়গায় শফিউল ইসলামকে টেস্ট একাদশে ফিরিয়ে আনছে বাংলাদেশ।
২০০৫ সালে লর্ডসে অভিষেকটা ঝলমলে না হলেও ধীরে ধীরে বাংলাদেশের পেস আক্রমণে মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজার সহচর হয়ে উঠেছিলেন শাহাদাত হোসেন। আক্রমণাত্দক মেজাজটা তাঁর বড় অস্ত্র। কিন্তু দলে যত বেশি অপরিহার্য হয়ে উঠছিলেন, ততই যেন সেই মেজাজ হারাতে থাকেন শাহাদাত। স্পোর্টস কার চালান। কিন্তু শাহাদাতের বোলিংয়ে সেই গতি নেই। চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে সেই গতি ১২০-এর ঘরে ওঠা-নামা করতে দেখে বাংলাদেশ টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের একজন নাকি সোজাসাপ্টা বলেই দিয়েছেন, 'এটা তোমার শেষ টেস্ট!' দল থেকে বাদ পড়লে নাকি জেদ নিয়ে ফিরে আসেন। আপাতত শাহাদাতের টেস্ট ভবিষ্যৎ নির্ভর করছে তাঁর সেই 'জেদ'-এর ওপর।
তাই বলে ক্যারিয়ারের প্রথম টেস্টেই কিপিং গ্লাভস পরে ফেলবেন জহুরুল! জন্মসূত্রে রাজশাহীর ক্রিকেটার না হলে হয়তো উইকেটকিপার জহুরুলকে নিয়ে সংশয় জাগত না। জাতীয় লিগে রাজশাহী দলে একটা জায়গায়ই সবচেয়ে বেশি ভিড়। দেশে কিপারের বড় অভাব। কিন্তু রাজশাহীর স্কোয়াডে তিন-চারজন কিপার নিয়মিত ব্যাপার। এর মধ্যে খালেদ মাসুদও থাকায় জাতীয় লিগে টপ অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবেই খেলেছেন জহুরুল। এ মৌসুমে শুধু দুটি ম্যাচে মূল কিপারকে বিশ্রাম দিতে কিছুক্ষণ কিপিং করেছেন তিনি। প্রিমিয়ারে অবশ্য গ্লাভস পরেছেন। কিন্তু ওয়ানডে এবং টেস্টে উইকেটকিপিংয়ের গুরুত্ব কতটটা বেশি, সেটি মুশফিকই ভালো জানেন! এক দিনের ক্রিকেটে এক-দুটি ভুলের খেসারত দিতে হয়। তবে সেটি কোনোভাবেই টেস্টের মতো সর্বগ্রাসী নয়। চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে দুর্দান্ত ব্যাটিংয়ের পরও কিপিং নিয়ে তো কম কথা শুনতে হয়নি মুশফিককে। এমন পরিবেশে কিপার হিসেবে 'অপ্রস্তুত' এক নবাগতের হাতে গ্লাভস তুলে দেওয়া যথার্থ হবে কি না, সেই প্রশ্ন থাকছেই।
এর চেয়ে বরং আফতাবের পরিবর্তে জহুরুলকে মিডল অর্ডারে খেলিয়ে দেওয়ার পেছনে যুক্তি খুঁজে পাচ্ছেন অনেকে। দলের বিপদের সময় চার নম্বরে নামা ব্যাটসম্যান 'প্যাডল সুইপ' খেলে আউট হবেন, টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে এটি ক্ষমার অযোগ্য অপরাধ। ওই পজিশনে দ্রুত ৩০-৪০ রান করে আউট হয়ে যাওয়ারও কোনো কদর নেই। তার চেয়ে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে রানের মধ্যে থাকা, যার ধৈর্যের ঘাটতি নেই_এই যোগ্যতায় আগামীকাল টেস্ট ক্যাপ পরেও ফেলতে পারেন জহুরুল।
এই দুটি ছাড়া বাংলাদেশ একাদশে আর কোনো পরিবর্তনের সম্ভাবনা নেই। সাকিব আল হাসানের সঙ্গে বিশেষজ্ঞ স্পিনার হিসেবে আবদুর রাজ্জাকই খেলছেন। আর উইকেট? 'চট্টগ্রামের চেয়ে একটু ভিন্ন হবে। তবে আমরা একটু লো বাউন্সের উইকেট চাই,' বাংলাদেশ দলের মুখপাত্র হিসেবে গতকাল জানিয়েছেন রাজ্জাক। গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটির সূত্র মতে, ঢাকায়ও 'টাইমলেস টেস্ট' উপযোগী উইকেট বানানোর প্রাণপণ চেষ্টা চলছে। রাজ্জাকের ভাষ্য অনুযায়ী, যে উইকেটে বাংলাদেশের চেষ্টা থাকবে, 'দেড় দিন ফিল্ডিংয়ের পর যেকোনো দলের জন্যই ব্যাটিং করা কঠিন। বিশেষ করে টপ অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যানদের। আমি নিশ্চিত, চট্টগ্রামে শুরুর পাঁচ সেশন ফিল্ডিংয়ে রাখতে পারলে ইংলিশদের টায়ার্ড করে ফেলা যেত।'
টস জিতে ফিল্ডিংয়ে নেমে সেই সম্ভাবনা বাংলাদেশই বিলীন করে দিয়েছে চট্টগ্রামে। তবে কি ঢাকা টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের টস পরিকল্পনায় পরিবর্তন আসছে? অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসান সরাসরি কিছু বলছেন না। তবে চট্টগ্রামে পাঁচ দিনের ক্রিকেট সবার শারীরিক ও মানসিক শক্তি কতটা শুষে নিয়েছে, সেটি নিয়ে ভাবছেন সাকিব, 'দ্রুত ক্লান্তি কাটিয়ে উঠতে হবে সবাইকে।' বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটের দীর্ঘদিনের সঙ্গী খালেদ মাসুদ অবশ্য আশাবাদী, 'ক্লান্তি বড় কোনো ব্যাপার নয়। দলে এখন অনেক আধুনিক সুযোগ-সুবিধা আছে। আর পারফরম্যান্স সব ভুলিয়ে দেয়। ওই যে জুনায়েদকে দেখেন। মুশফিক, রিয়াদদের (মাহমুদুল্লাহ) হাঁটা দেখলেই আপনি বুঝে যাবেন, ওরা ফর্মে আছে। ফর্মে থাকার আত্দবিশ্বাস টায়ার্ডনেস ধারে-কাছেও আসতে দেবে না।'
চট্টগ্রাম টেস্ট সবার প্রত্যাশাই যেন বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে!

* চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে ভালো করতে না পারা শাহাদাত হোসেনের ঢাকা টেস্টে বাদ পড়া নিশ্চিত, তাঁর জায়গায় ফিরছেন শফিউল।
* চট্টগ্রামে আফতাব যেভাবে আউট হয়েছেন সেটাও পছন্দ হচ্ছে না টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের। তাই ঢাকায় তাঁর খেলাটাও অনিশ্চিত।
* আফতাবের পরিবর্তে ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবেই শুধু নয়, জহুরুলকে উইকেটকিপারের দায়িত্বও দেওয়া হতে পারে![/বাংলা]

Source: KalerKantho

M.H.Rubel
March 18, 2010, 04:45 PM

Thats Siddon's negative side but he have lots of good side as well that you need to remember concurrently.As a coach he is inexperienced this is most important to me and his inexperience is costing us sometime.I recon one day he will be a good coach.

M.H.Rubel
March 18, 2010, 05:39 PM
thats very true actually..some people at bc highlight the problems and then a long time later siddons and team management addresses it..its good he figures it out eventually but he has 2 figure things out quicker..for example ash shouldve been out of the team way sooner..now he pretty much rotted in the team and hes gone an all time low..if he was gone b4 he couldve been back 2 his old self already..now he mite not be back to his old self when time comes..wicketkeeping issues were happening long b4 and now he finally realizes..mahmudullah and mushfiq shouldve been moved up the order waay back..now he finally realizes..i really hope we get the right combo b4 world cup time..

I do differ a bit regarding Riyad and Mushy.The way Siddons moved them up i liked the way.It was done with well planning.In an interview Siddons said that he want to give confidence to Riyad if he is confident there then i ll move him up.And he did it.Regarding Mushy in tests Siddons felt to move Mushy up but Mushy refused as it would be a tough job after doing hard work of doing of keeping.

Equinox
March 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
We'll lose the toss this time so doesn't matter if Shakib has learnt how to read pitches.

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 06:43 PM
My guess is Jahurul might keep wickets for small periods of time throughout the Test, with Mushfiq taking on the keeping responsibilities most of the time.

SS
March 18, 2010, 07:44 PM
Even Shafiul or Jahirul play batsmen got to perform, not sure why Enamul Jr. is not taken...Razzak might be flop unless he develops variations

nycpro96
March 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
I also think Jahurul and Mushfiq will probably share keeping responsibilities. Jahurul should open and if he does, I really don't know where Imrul would bat or should be leave Aftab and replace Imrul. Tough decision. Shafiul for Rajib is must.

kazis2007
March 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
how long we have to wait..........
lets open ur account tigers for this year

beshideshi
March 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
Is it?

Zim are coming back to tests :| ? Or is it gonna be another 5 ODI series?

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/admin/news_images/109/thumbnails/image_109_41079.jpg

[বাংলা]একাদশে ফিরছেন শফিউল খেলবেন জহুরুলও!
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : 'কী, আরেকটা সুযোগ চাও নাকি,' কোচের প্রশ্নের উত্তরে সম্মতির সঙ্গে ঢাকা টেস্টের একাদশে টিকে থাকার অনিশ্চয়তাও যেমন মাখামাখি হয়ে থাকল আফতাব আহমেদের উপচে পড়া হাসিতে। ঠিক একই সময়ে মিরপুর স্টেডিয়ামে নাসির আহমেদ নাসুর তত্ত্বাবধানে উইকেটকিপিং অনুশীলনে ব্যস্ত জহুরুল ইসলাম অমি। তাহলে কি চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে মিডল অর্ডারে আফতাব আহমেদ এবং গ্লাভস হাতে মুশফিকুর রহিমের ব্যর্থতা আড়াল করতে এই নবাগতকে নিয়ে 'বাজি' খেলতে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ? একেবারে নিশ্চিত না হলেও এমন একটি সম্ভাবনা বাংলাদেশের টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের ভাবনায় আছে। তবে ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের একাদশে না থাকাটা নাকি চট্টগ্রামেই নিশ্চিত করে এসেছেন শাহাদাত হোসেন! তাঁর জায়গায় শফিউল ইসলামকে টেস্ট একাদশে ফিরিয়ে আনছে বাংলাদেশ।
২০০৫ সালে লর্ডসে অভিষেকটা ঝলমলে না হলেও ধীরে ধীরে বাংলাদেশের পেস আক্রমণে মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজার সহচর হয়ে উঠেছিলেন শাহাদাত হোসেন। আক্রমণাত্দক মেজাজটা তাঁর বড় অস্ত্র। কিন্তু দলে যত বেশি অপরিহার্য হয়ে উঠছিলেন, ততই যেন সেই মেজাজ হারাতে থাকেন শাহাদাত। স্পোর্টস কার চালান। কিন্তু শাহাদাতের বোলিংয়ে সেই গতি নেই। চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে সেই গতি ১২০-এর ঘরে ওঠা-নামা করতে দেখে বাংলাদেশ টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের একজন নাকি সোজাসাপ্টা বলেই দিয়েছেন, 'এটা তোমার শেষ টেস্ট!' দল থেকে বাদ পড়লে নাকি জেদ নিয়ে ফিরে আসেন। আপাতত শাহাদাতের টেস্ট ভবিষ্যৎ নির্ভর করছে তাঁর সেই 'জেদ'-এর ওপর।
তাই বলে ক্যারিয়ারের প্রথম টেস্টেই কিপিং গ্লাভস পরে ফেলবেন জহুরুল! জন্মসূত্রে রাজশাহীর ক্রিকেটার না হলে হয়তো উইকেটকিপার জহুরুলকে নিয়ে সংশয় জাগত না। জাতীয় লিগে রাজশাহী দলে একটা জায়গায়ই সবচেয়ে বেশি ভিড়। দেশে কিপারের বড় অভাব। কিন্তু রাজশাহীর স্কোয়াডে তিন-চারজন কিপার নিয়মিত ব্যাপার। এর মধ্যে খালেদ মাসুদও থাকায় জাতীয় লিগে টপ অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবেই খেলেছেন জহুরুল। এ মৌসুমে শুধু দুটি ম্যাচে মূল কিপারকে বিশ্রাম দিতে কিছুক্ষণ কিপিং করেছেন তিনি। প্রিমিয়ারে অবশ্য গ্লাভস পরেছেন। কিন্তু ওয়ানডে এবং টেস্টে উইকেটকিপিংয়ের গুরুত্ব কতটটা বেশি, সেটি মুশফিকই ভালো জানেন! এক দিনের ক্রিকেটে এক-দুটি ভুলের খেসারত দিতে হয়। তবে সেটি কোনোভাবেই টেস্টের মতো সর্বগ্রাসী নয়। চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে দুর্দান্ত ব্যাটিংয়ের পরও কিপিং নিয়ে তো কম কথা শুনতে হয়নি মুশফিককে। এমন পরিবেশে কিপার হিসেবে 'অপ্রস্তুত' এক নবাগতের হাতে গ্লাভস তুলে দেওয়া যথার্থ হবে কি না, সেই প্রশ্ন থাকছেই।
এর চেয়ে বরং আফতাবের পরিবর্তে জহুরুলকে মিডল অর্ডারে খেলিয়ে দেওয়ার পেছনে যুক্তি খুঁজে পাচ্ছেন অনেকে। দলের বিপদের সময় চার নম্বরে নামা ব্যাটসম্যান 'প্যাডল সুইপ' খেলে আউট হবেন, টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে এটি ক্ষমার অযোগ্য অপরাধ। ওই পজিশনে দ্রুত ৩০-৪০ রান করে আউট হয়ে যাওয়ারও কোনো কদর নেই। তার চেয়ে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে রানের মধ্যে থাকা, যার ধৈর্যের ঘাটতি নেই_এই যোগ্যতায় আগামীকাল টেস্ট ক্যাপ পরেও ফেলতে পারেন জহুরুল।
এই দুটি ছাড়া বাংলাদেশ একাদশে আর কোনো পরিবর্তনের সম্ভাবনা নেই। সাকিব আল হাসানের সঙ্গে বিশেষজ্ঞ স্পিনার হিসেবে আবদুর রাজ্জাকই খেলছেন। আর উইকেট? 'চট্টগ্রামের চেয়ে একটু ভিন্ন হবে। তবে আমরা একটু লো বাউন্সের উইকেট চাই,' বাংলাদেশ দলের মুখপাত্র হিসেবে গতকাল জানিয়েছেন রাজ্জাক। গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটির সূত্র মতে, ঢাকায়ও 'টাইমলেস টেস্ট' উপযোগী উইকেট বানানোর প্রাণপণ চেষ্টা চলছে। রাজ্জাকের ভাষ্য অনুযায়ী, যে উইকেটে বাংলাদেশের চেষ্টা থাকবে, 'দেড় দিন ফিল্ডিংয়ের পর যেকোনো দলের জন্যই ব্যাটিং করা কঠিন। বিশেষ করে টপ অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যানদের। আমি নিশ্চিত, চট্টগ্রামে শুরুর পাঁচ সেশন ফিল্ডিংয়ে রাখতে পারলে ইংলিশদের টায়ার্ড করে ফেলা যেত।'
টস জিতে ফিল্ডিংয়ে নেমে সেই সম্ভাবনা বাংলাদেশই বিলীন করে দিয়েছে চট্টগ্রামে। তবে কি ঢাকা টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের টস পরিকল্পনায় পরিবর্তন আসছে? অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসান সরাসরি কিছু বলছেন না। তবে চট্টগ্রামে পাঁচ দিনের ক্রিকেট সবার শারীরিক ও মানসিক শক্তি কতটা শুষে নিয়েছে, সেটি নিয়ে ভাবছেন সাকিব, 'দ্রুত ক্লান্তি কাটিয়ে উঠতে হবে সবাইকে।' বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটের দীর্ঘদিনের সঙ্গী খালেদ মাসুদ অবশ্য আশাবাদী, 'ক্লান্তি বড় কোনো ব্যাপার নয়। দলে এখন অনেক আধুনিক সুযোগ-সুবিধা আছে। আর পারফরম্যান্স সব ভুলিয়ে দেয়। ওই যে জুনায়েদকে দেখেন। মুশফিক, রিয়াদদের (মাহমুদুল্লাহ) হাঁটা দেখলেই আপনি বুঝে যাবেন, ওরা ফর্মে আছে। ফর্মে থাকার আত্দবিশ্বাস টায়ার্ডনেস ধারে-কাছেও আসতে দেবে না।'
চট্টগ্রাম টেস্ট সবার প্রত্যাশাই যেন বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে!

* চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টে ভালো করতে না পারা শাহাদাত হোসেনের ঢাকা টেস্টে বাদ পড়া নিশ্চিত, তাঁর জায়গায় ফিরছেন শফিউল।
* চট্টগ্রামে আফতাব যেভাবে আউট হয়েছেন সেটাও পছন্দ হচ্ছে না টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের। তাই ঢাকায় তাঁর খেলাটাও অনিশ্চিত।
* আফতাবের পরিবর্তে ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবেই শুধু নয়, জহুরুলকে উইকেটকিপারের দায়িত্বও দেওয়া হতে পারে![/বাংলা]

Source: KalerKantho

most of these bangla papers cannot predict the real team most of the times.

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:44 PM
i hope u read the third paragraph it says. Jahurul use to do tuktak wicketkeeping in domestic arena. so certainly u cannnot rely on him as a regular wicket keeper. he is a part time wicket keeper like junaed. so JAHURUL is NEVER BETTER than MUSHFIQ.

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_03_19/content_zoom/2010_03_19_22_1_b.jpg

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
Zim are coming back to tests :| ? Or is it gonna be another 5 ODI series?

that ftp was created when zim was playing test cricket.

so it would be 5 odis. perhaps we can arrange two fC match between BD "A" and ZIM in the series

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 09:48 PM
Apas and bhais and aunties and uncles and khukis and khokas, harar jonno ready? I'm so excited...Tamim er century dekhbo, Mushfiq er century dekhbo, Aftab miar duck mara dekhbo...let's go let's go! Less then 25 hours left! Let's go let's go!

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm already working out extra hard to stay fit throughout the game, all five days!

Zunaid
March 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Apas and bhais and aunties and uncles and khukis and khokas, harar jonno ready? I'm so excited...Tamim er century dekhbo, Mushfiq er century dekhbo, Aftab miar duck mara dekhbo...let's go let's go! Less then 25 hours left! Let's go let's go!

tomar kotha to kichhu bujhee na

nsd3
March 19, 2010, 12:05 AM
They are thinking about winning the toss and putting England to bat first! What about losing the toss and being sent to Field first? I think we needed more spinner cum batcmen. Specially Suhrawardy could have been called in place of Aftab or even almost ordinary Razzak.

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 12:07 AM
I thought this match is on Friday(today in BD). :( but another 22 hours left!! I've canceled a holiday tour to watch the match today :(

Bond
March 19, 2010, 12:10 AM
I thought this match is on Friday(today in BD). :( but another 22 hours left!! I've canceled a holiday tour to watch the match today :(

yes you got pwned

wiseshah
March 19, 2010, 12:19 AM
glad aftab and shahadat will be changed

i think razzaq and imrul should be replaced too. atleast razzaq with enamul jr

Biggles
March 19, 2010, 05:28 AM
The new batsmen looks like a decent player from looking at his stata. Is the bowler quicker than the one he has replaced . I hope Bangladesh win the toss and bat first . I think it will make it a better game. I am getting up at 3am in the morning here to wtch it I can't wait .

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 05:43 AM
The new batsmen looks like a decent player from looking at his stata. Is the bowler quicker than the one he has replaced . I hope Bangladesh win the toss and bat first . I think it will make it a better game. I am getting up at 3am in the morning here to wtch it I can't wait .

The new bowler is at least 10 miles/hr quicker than Shahdat.

Jahurul is a bright propsect for our batting depertment. He was in the pippeline for quite some time. I hope he will make a decent debut.

abu2abu
March 19, 2010, 06:15 AM
Shahadat was awful in the 1st test. I still rate him, due to his ability to take 5-fers (and the because of the way he bowled against India) but I can understand why he's been dropped.

Shafiul deserves his recall. It would have been nice to see enam in the side, but razzak didn't do much wrong last time...

auntu
March 19, 2010, 06:46 AM
Already lost one chance.
No AFTAB in this test. :D

alibangali
March 19, 2010, 07:22 AM
I dont like duck so its a welcome change. hopefully Jahurul will get something more delicious.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 08:04 AM
tamim
imrul
junaed
jahurul

so we have four opening batsman in our top 4. or we can say two opening pairs.

cricket_pagol
March 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
Waiting to learn about the final 11 for the test match

beshideshi
March 19, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sorry for the off-topic stuff, but I was thinking about the Brit players' name, and came across this piece. The question is, how many English players are there in the story?

Everyone in the group has had chicken/turkey/beef/lamb roast before. So the chef decided to cook up something new, he went to the market and stumbled upon something that you don't see everyday! shark fin! He also got a swan for roast.
Good enough, he brings in the swan and the shark fin. there will be some mouth watering soups and roasts today.
He got the whole swan from the bag, and put it down in the broad white cutter, enabling him to maneuver the swan the way he wants . The marination, pre-cooking process were going well.
Midway through the cooking he realized he had done some boo boo, he looks through the recipe book and sees he should have put the onions in the oil prior to turning the heat. But what' done is done, so he decided to carry on. He put the whole swan into the oven and set the timer at 1 hour.
In the meantime he started working with the shark fin soup, he has to impress the whole group today. And as soon as he poured the soup into the serving dish, the oven's bell rang up, indicating the swan's ready.
So he got the roast, the shark fin soup and some cranberry sauce and served it to pieterson and co. Pieterson was calling woods when the food came in. They all had a great meal and thanked the chef for the wonderfully prepared dinner.

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
Sorry for the off-topic stuff, but I was thinking about the Brit players' name, and came across this piece. The question is, how many English players are there in the story?

9 players

deshifan
March 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cant wait to see the action. :flag: :fire: :fire:
Hope the batsmen will come up with patience and will stick to the crease like what Michael Clarke did last night at Basin Reserve. Tamim needs to cool down once he gets a start and convert that into a three figure, Kayes (if included) seems volatile but he should apply cent percent to come out of this timid shell and give us a really good start. Aftab doesn't seem to be included, nonetheless if plays should take it as a lifeline in his test career. Zunaid needs to keep feet in ground and not carried away by Ctg feat. Dont know much about Jahurul (expected debut), eagerly waiting to see him with the willow. Shakib needs to keep the past in past and play more responsibly. He looks a bit out of focus and need greater attention and patience. Riyad and Mushy are doing good but I still think they lose temperament after some 30 or 50. I want to see some gritty middle order in them. Bowlers need to ponder what went wrong in Ctg and be fast enough to rectify them. Cant wait to see the tigers fire in all cylinders. :joy: :fire: :flag:

Catskills
March 19, 2010, 09:19 AM
In our top order, Imrul is the weekest link at this moment, he should play at number 4.
I am worried about our bowling department. Hopefully they will not give away over 500 runs in one innings. Razzaq does not make sense in the test.

Farhad
March 19, 2010, 09:28 AM

The new bowler is Shafiul. You've probably seen him in action already. He played in the ODI series. The one who got thrashed by Morgan in the final over in the second ODI. He's got a long way to go, but he's got pace in his favor. I remember one of the English commies saying he was the quickest of the bowlers from either side in the ODI series (although we know Rubel can bowl a hell of a lot quicker than him from past series', most notably in NZ where he averaged 143-145)...

We know pace isnt the problem with these two, we just dont know what is. Bowling acumen, perhaps?

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
I have a bad feeling about the second Test. We usually get thrashed in the final home Test after decent performances in the first Test. I hope our boys will break the trend and will show a better fight.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 09:59 AM
Already lost one chance.
No AFTAB in this test. :D
Retired scared?

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 10:01 AM
Don't worry Magic bhai, our players will repay you for your sacrifice with nice ducks against the swan and the shark fin.

nannu
March 19, 2010, 10:22 AM
like the team selection...

if we win the toss and bat first.. than we have the most ideal situation to get our firat win against a strong test team.

will watch the game with interest...

BD-Shardul
March 19, 2010, 10:23 AM
I have a bad feeling about the second Test. We usually get thrashed in the final home Test after decent performances in the first Test. I hope our boys will break the trend and will show a better fight.

We didn't do that bad in our second test against India.

[বাংলা]হাবিবুলের আমলে বাংলাদেশ প্রথম ব্যাটিং করে ৩৫০ এর উপর রান করেছে, এমন দেখার সৌভাগ্য হয়েছে অনেকবার। সিডন্সের আমলে প্রথম ইনিংসে ৩৫০ দেখেছি বলে মনে করতে পারছি না, যদিও দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসে দেখেছি অনেকবার। এই টেস্টে তাই চাতক পাখির মত অপেক্ষা করছি টসে জিতে প্রথম ইনিংসে টাইগারদের ব্যাটিং বীরত্বের পরাকাষ্ঠা দেখার জন্য। আল্লাহ মালিক![/বাংলা]

Ajfar
March 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
no aftab?? who are we gonna blame the top order collapse on.

BD-Shardul
March 19, 2010, 12:13 PM

Imrul is still there :D

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 12:22 PM
Don't worry Magic bhai, our players will repay you for your sacrifice with nice ducks against the swan and the shark fin.

duck roast will be prepared then ! :-D

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 12:25 PM

Imrul is still there :D

recently there's a little bit syndrome of "Collapsing Virus" noticed in Shakib-al-Hasan as well /:)

camrul786
March 19, 2010, 12:42 PM
"The one thing we're aiming for is to be consistent," said Siddons. "All of our top order - apart from our No. 4 position - are centurions in Test cricket now, and they have all made them in the last four months. But we're still having Mahmudullah making a fifty then nothing, Tamim 80 then nothing, Shakib [Al Hasan] nothing then a score. To get scores of 400 you need more consistency than that.

Kayes hasnt got a hundred in test, the guy hasnt even got a fifty in test. Siddons is sooo dopey
[i]<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Camrul, good catch. :)

camrul786
March 19, 2010, 01:03 PM
Camrul, good catch. :)

Lol...im new to banglacricket, wats all this test cricketer and legend by peoples username?

auntu
March 19, 2010, 01:53 PM
[বাংলা]প্রথম আলোও জহুরুলের কিপিং এর গান বাজাচ্ছেঃ[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]কাল অনুশীলনের আবহে আরেকটা পরিবর্তনের গুঞ্জনও বেশ ঘুরে বেড়াল। গুঞ্জনটা সত্যি হলে আফতাব আহমেদের জায়গায় এই টেস্টেই অভিষেক হয়ে যেতে পারে জহুরুল ইসলামের। ইনডোরের নেট প্র্যাকটিসে তাঁকে নিয়ে দীর্ঘ সময় কাটিয়েছেন কোচ। শুরুতে জহুরুল উইকেটকিপিং প্র্যাকটিসও করলেন লম্বা সময় নিয়ে।
জহুরুলের কিপিং প্র্যাকটিস দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্বে ফেলে দেওয়ার মতোই ব্যাপার। মূলত ব্যাটসম্যান হলেও ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে টুকটাক উইকেটকিপিং করেন। উইকেটের পেছনে মুশফিকুর রহিমের ব্যর্থতায় দুইয়ে দুইয়ে চার মেলালে প্রশ্নটা আসেই—তবে কি মুশফিকের ওপর চাপ কমাতে চাইছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট? থিংক ট্যাংকের সঙ্গে কথা বলে অবশ্য সরাসরি ‘হ্যাঁ’ বা ‘না’ কোনোটাই শোনা যায়নি। তবে নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক দায়িত্বশীল একজন সম্ভাবনা উড়িয়ে দিচ্ছেন না, ‘কাঁধের ইনজুরির কারণে গত প্রিমিয়ার লিগে মুশফিকুর কিপিং করেছে খুবই কম। এই সিরিজে তার মিসগুলো হয়তো সেটারই জের। ওর যদি কিপিং থেকে বিশ্রাম প্রয়োজন হয়, অমিকে (জহুরুল) দিয়ে চেষ্টা করানো যেতেও পারে। তবে তার আগে অমিকে একাদশে আসতে হবে।’[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]
প্রথম আলো (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-19/news/49935)[/বাংলা]

auntu
March 19, 2010, 01:54 PM
Lol...im new to banglacricket, wats all this test cricketer and legend by peoples username?
Welcome.

Don't look at that. That's bad. :D

That depends on post count.

bdtiger
March 19, 2010, 02:06 PM
Lets prepare for the fight!!

_Rafi_
March 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
Happy birthday Tamim(21)
I want you to make merry(not marry) on 21st birthday

zainab
March 19, 2010, 03:29 PM
Is Tamim younger than Mushy?

Seems this team is full of players under 23 yrs of age.

Anyhow, wishing them best of luck for this test match. As Miraz bhai said, they perform better in the first test match, but I feel that they should not allow the Brits to score more than 400 runs, and try to make them bat twice.

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 03:54 PM
Is Tamim younger than Mushy?

Seems this team is full of players under 23 yrs of age.

Anyhow, wishing them best of luck for this test match. As Miraz bhai said, they perform better in the first test match, but I feel that they should not allow the Brits to score more than 400 runs, and try to make them bat twice.

I dont think "actually" they are that young as shown. Pls care to add 2/3 years for each.

Aritro
March 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
From all accounts, the official ages for this crop of players are nowhere near as wildly inaccurate as previous ones (Sharif, Enamul Haque jr., Rajin Saleh et al.). I'd be surprised if any of them were more than a year older than stated, although I could be wrong.

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
Disturbance in the English camp -

ECB in a spin over central contract spat as England players feel undervalued (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1259318/ECB-spin-central-contract-spat-England-players-feel-undervalued.html)

England's top cricketers are refusing to sign their central contracts because they feel undervalued in comparison with their Australian counterparts, it has emerged.

The damaging row dates back to September, when 11 players — seven of whom were due to play in Saturday's second Test against Bangladesh — were offered the latest batch of ECB contracts, with seven others awarded less lucrative incremental deals.

But a source close to the negotiations has confirmed that the full contracts, believed to be worth between £120,000 and £450,000, remain unsigned because the players are unhappy that Australia’s cricketers earn more than they do as a percentage of their own board’s profits — even though in many instances England’s players are better off in real terms.

The players, who argue that they generate a sizeable chunk of the board’s income, are also thought to resent the fact that overseas professionals in county cricket can earn more pro rata than a rank-and-file England cricketer.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 04:11 PM
Shala khelte pare na abar poysha chaay. Aagey Australian der moto perform kor, tarpor poysha chaa. Winning an Ashes series isn't the end of the world.

Aritro
March 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
The players generate the board's income and are entitled to as large a share of that money as they can possibly ring out of their bosses. Doesn't matter what their results are like, in a sporting sense.

Good luck, Comrades. :P

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 04:25 PM
From all accounts, the official ages for this crop of players are nowhere near as wildly inaccurate as previous ones (Sharif, Enamul Haque jr., Rajin Saleh et al.). I'd be surprised if any of them were more than a year older than stated, although I could be wrong.

May be its true for most of our current bunch. But I know abt Sohrawardy Shuvo, his younger borther was studying MS while he was playing for our U19 WC (or just finished playing)!!

Aritro
March 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
I really wish I hadn't known that. :D

Faisal
March 19, 2010, 05:34 PM
Thejas: "It must be really frustrating to be someone like Daniel Vettori or Shakib Al Hasan. Both excellent players surrounded by either under-performing or under- talented players. You have to feel sorry for them."

bura
March 19, 2010, 05:37 PM
জাতীয় দলের আশপাশে কান পাতলে শাহাদাতের ব্যক্তিগত জীবনের শৃঙ্খলা নিয়ে কিছু গুঞ্জন শোনা যায়। অভিযোগ আছে, মাঠের বাইরে তাঁর জীবনটা নাকি বড় বেশি অসংযমী। তারকা জীবন থেকে বয়সের চঞ্চলতাকে দূরে সরিয়ে রাখা হয়তো বর্তমান জাতীয় দলের অনেকের পক্ষেই কঠিন হচ্ছে, কিন্তু দুটোর সম্মিলনে পা পিছলে যাওয়ার উপক্রম শাহাদাতের। আগের সেই ফর্ম বা ফিটনেস হারিয়ে ফেলার পেছনে এই জীবনটারও দায় নেই তো? প্রশ্নটা কাল সরাসরিই জিজ্ঞেস করা হলে শাহাদাত সেটা স্বীকারও করলেন, আবার অস্বীকারও, ‘হ্যাঁ, একটা সময়ে হয়তো ডিসিপ্লিনে একটু সমস্যা হয়েছিল। তবে সেটা এখন আর নেই। আমি এখন জানি, আমার জন্য কোনটা ভালো কোনটা খারাপ। এখন ভালো খেলাটাই আমার একমাত্র লক্ষ্য। খারাপ খেললে এসব কথা হয়ই।’

source: PA (http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-20/news/50184)

Is it another one of those PA speculation?

kalpurush
March 19, 2010, 05:39 PM
Thejas: "It must be really frustrating to be someone like Daniel Vettori or Shakib Al Hasan. Both excellent players surrounded by either under-performing or under- talented players. You have to feel sorry for them."
and under-performing BCB!;)

dolcevita
March 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
Come on Shakib make some good decision after winning the toss

Ps: this year shak lost all the crutial test

Abid_Khan
March 19, 2010, 05:51 PM
hahahaha I laughed at this when i read it

Number of Bangladeshis waiting to welcome Paul Collingwood with wooden golf clubs. Those intending the clubs to be used for putting, chipping, driving, hooking etc: 0. Those planning to use them for clubbing, shoving, mashing and thwacking: 468. Cricinfo: Page 2

niroshu
March 19, 2010, 06:20 PM
Wana a double century from Tamim for his birthday
happy birth day TAMIM

and a 10 wicket haul from Sakib also for his birthday
agam jonmodiner shuvecha Sakib k!!!

double century + 10 wickets = bd won by janina koto run ei !!!

nannu
March 19, 2010, 06:45 PM
WIN chai

noile rokto......

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 06:54 PM

Aftab Mia khelche na ... Zohur Mia khleche tar bodle ....:lol:Moja laghche

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cant wait to see the action. :flag: :fire: :fire:
Hope the batsmen will come up with patience and will stick to the crease like what Michael Clarke did last night at Basin Reserve. Tamim needs to cool down once he gets a start and convert that into a three figure, Kayes (if included) seems volatile but he should apply cent percent to come out of this timid shell and give us a really good start. Aftab doesn't seem to be included, nonetheless if plays should take it as a lifeline in his test career. Zunaid needs to keep feet in ground and not carried away by Ctg feat. Dont know much about Jahurul (expected debut), eagerly waiting to see him with the willow. Shakib needs to keep the past in past and play more responsibly. He looks a bit out of focus and need greater attention and patience. Riyad and Mushy are doing good but I still think they lose temperament after some 30 or 50. I want to see some gritty middle order in them. Bowlers need to ponder what went wrong in Ctg and be fast enough to rectify them. Cant wait to see the tigers fire in all cylinders. :joy: :fire: :flag:

Patience will be the Key for out Batsmen. Just look at the Aussies playing Test against New Zealand now. Clarke and North have 227 partnership and if you look at the overs, they are taking 1s and 2s and ever now-and-then a boundary. This is TEST Cricket and you don't see them going boom boom like Tamim does.

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
I hope this English team behave this time. I didn't like that Finn boy ...the way he was abusing Junaid. Kub Ichcha hocchilo koshe ekta chor mari Finn boy ke.

chol_bd123
March 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
i think this will be a competitive game if we win the toss and if its a turning wicket.
The Mirpur wicket starts to turn early on and the foot marks start building up early on. The wicket is also very dark and has less clay like the one in CTG.
LET'S HOPE WE WIN THE TOSS AGAIN!

chol_bd123
March 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
I hope this English team behave this time. I didn't like that Finn boy ...the way he was abusing Junaid. Kub Ichcha hocchilo koshe ekta chor mari Finn boy ke.

Somebody needs to teach Zunaid a couple of curse words. It seems like he doesnt know any English.

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 07:17 PM
I have been watching the IPL 3 games. Sri Lankan Bowlers are dominating ... Ora to amader motoi ... Kintu ki khai ora? Shob gulo tagra tagra ... Vaas, Mahroof, Angelo Mathews, Malinga ...

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
2 more hours

Fahim
March 19, 2010, 08:40 PM
Bangladesh will Trott and Tread Well on their way and Cook the Finn's of the Swannes Prior to hearing a Bell from the Woods of Colling all for a Broad meal of Onions and Carberry juice all taking place in the Sidebottoms which is surely the Wright thing to do.

Rifat
March 19, 2010, 08:43 PM
Excellent team selection :) Alhamdulillah!!!!

I don't see any reason other than our own players screwing up to Lose this Test match. This could be our Historic Moment!!!!

detshoitan
March 19, 2010, 08:46 PM
shakib better bat first if he wins the toss

someone needs to score a century

Bond
March 19, 2010, 08:46 PM
Excellent team selection :) Alhamdulillah!!!!

I don't see any reason other than our own players screwing up to Lose this Test match. This could be our Historic Moment!!!!

yes good selection i think selectors visiting banglacricket forum and take advice from gozwa brother, he is intelligent guy. Inshallah we will win rifat bhai.

kiriket
March 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Tamim, Jahurul, Sakib, Mahmudullah and Mushfiq - I want any three among these five to score triple century in this test match.

Razzak, Sakib, Safiul and Rubel - I want any two among these four to get 10 wicket in the match.

3 triple century + 2 10-wicket haul = we win match.

Orpheus
March 19, 2010, 08:57 PM
Today our top three will score atleast 200....I can feel it. Last time I felt this way was when my kajer bua slept in my bed. Needless to say I scored that day.

finger crossed.

FagunerAgun
March 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
Come on tiger cubs, roar like tigers in this test.

Bond
March 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
Today our top three will score atleast 200....I can feel it. Last time I felt this way was when my kajer bua slept in my bed. Needless to say I scored that day.

finger crossed.

bhai this is low class, chichi shorbonash :sick::sick:

seriously bhai, kam ta kinto thik koren nai.

sorry bhai if i offended you.

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 09:02 PM

finger crossed.

:lol::-D

Orpheus
March 19, 2010, 09:10 PM
:lol::-D

I like your avatar.. shabash bangalee!! Shabash!!

Rubu
March 19, 2010, 09:29 PM
does, any of the bangla channel shows the match live?

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 09:30 PM
Bismillah, oohh khoob excited ami ekhon! Allah Malik!

Salaam bhais and apas! One more hour, ki kore katai....

Jege utho Banglaar ghumonto hingsro Baaghera!! :flag:

deshifan
March 19, 2010, 09:33 PM
Javed bhai, lungi thik kore bosen. Ajke singho-r mangso diye dinner hobe. :flag::flag:
Bismillah, oohh khoob excited ami ekhon! Allah Malik!

Salaam bhais and apas!

Jege utho Banglaar ghumonto hingsro Baaghera!! :flag:

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 09:39 PM
Javed bhai, lungi thik kore bosen. Ajke singho-r mangso diye dinner hobe. :flag::flag:

Ji ji thik bolechen deshifan dada!! Ajke Baagh Inshallah shinghoke bhalo kore kamre dibe!!

Rommel
March 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
Tamim, Jahurul, Sakib, Mahmudullah and Mushfiq - I want any three among these five to score triple century in this test match.

Razzak, Sakib, Safiul and Rubel - I want any two among these four to get 10 wicket in the match.

3 triple century + 2 10-wicket haul = we win match.

3 triple centuries=draw, my friend.

Freehit
March 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
Salaam everybody from new member!

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
It's 2:40 AM here in UK. Was trying to have a nap before the start of the match, but it's so difficult to sleep. Finally gave up and I know same thing will happen for the next 5 days.

Sleepless nights followed by red eyes at work followed by poor performance by Bangladesh followed by continous teasing from friends and family followed by hope to do well in the next match followed by seleepless nights again.

Caught in the beauty of Bangladesh cricket cycle. :D

yaseer
March 19, 2010, 09:47 PM

Well-come to BC, Freehit.
Enjoy your stay.

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 09:48 PM

Salaam Freehit brother! Welcome to BC!!

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
10 minutes and we will kno whether shakib will have the chance to call right after the toss

yaseer
March 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
Toss is vital here. Game almost over if we loss the toss. We may see the 1st test staged again. Assuming, surely Sakib not going to bowl again.

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 09:54 PM
I personally don't mind bowling first, but you have to justify the decision by taking 10 wickets within 250-300 runs. Bowling first and conceding 600 runs is pure stupidity.

Fahim
March 19, 2010, 09:55 PM
It's 2:40 AM here in UK. Was trying to have a nap before the start of the match, but it's so difficult to sleep. Finally gave up and I know same thing will happen for the next 5 days.

Sleepless nights followed by red eyes at work followed by poor performance by Bangladesh followed by continous teasing from friends and family followed by hope to do well in the next match followed by seleepless nights again.

Caught in the beauty of Bangladesh cricket cycle. :D

ditto for me man except instead of work, its red eyes at uni

yaseer
March 19, 2010, 09:58 PM
I personally don't mind bowling first, but you have to justify the decision by taking 10 wickets within 250-300 runs. Bowling first and conceding 600 runs is pure stupidity.

Bowling first not bad when you have something for the bowlers. In our home condition, it is only and only justified in those winter days when we have lots of morning dew. Other than this, win the toss and bat first. Do not think other way. Also in this heat, it is compulsory for us to bat first just to make the English boil out there before coming to bat.

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 10:02 PM
Shakib has won the toss and we will bat first.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
Shakib al Hasan has won the toss once again, and has decided to bat.

yes yes yea

450+ or bat 5 sessions

deshifan
yayyyyyyyyyy :joy::joy::joy:

yaseer
The team selection looks OK. It was a touch and go again with Razzak and Enamul. I personally would have gone for Enamul. But anyway not much of a difference with the current form of Enam. Also could have gone with both instead of Jahurul as we need to restrict England from scoring 600.

Anyway, these are all different combination, and the team looks OK.

Sohel
First love is always to get over with.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OfAACA6gWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OfAACA6gWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNelft_JUV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNelft_JUV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5SGXFDbvdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5SGXFDbvdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4SWTY7Elp0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4SWTY7Elp0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 10:04 PM
YESSSS!!!

I'd probably not watch had we bowled tonight. Yes yes yes!!!

yaseer
March 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
That is a good beginning. Now make it count. Bat for 5 sessions. If we can do that, I guarantee that we are winning this test.

deshifan
match thread e eisob ki bhai ?
line ta slow hoye gelo :(

Tintin
Shakib al Hasan has won the toss once again, and has decided to bat.

yes yes yea

450+ or bat 5 sessions

Finally. Hope the temperatures are really high

alibangali
March 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
YESSSS!!!

I'd probably not watch had we bowled tonight. Yes yes yes!!!

Was going to do the same

Haradhon
March 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Do-jahaner Maleek, Din Dunyar Maleek, Mowla, Poroardegar, Tumi Bangladeshke ei matchta jitaiya dao.. Maleek,… AmeenYa Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Tumi Bangladeshi criketerderke taufiq daan koroTader Tumi sahi salmate abong kono rokon taqleef chara match khelar dhoirjo dao… Ameen (3)
Ya Maleek, Gofurur Rahim, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Tumi Bangladeshi criketerderke proti doyia porobosh hao and tahader lojja, durgoti and opoman hoite rokkha koro, Maleek
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Tumi…Tamim ke arekta century korar taufiq dao… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Tumi amader notun batsman bahi Jahurulke antoto ekta fifty marte doa, Maleek…… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Tumi Mahmuddullah (Jar nam tomar name alonkrito) eibar ekta century marte dao, Poroardegra, Maleek…… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Poroardegar, Tumi…amra batku bhai Musfiq ( jar naam Toamr name diye olonkrito) bhaike ekta century kobul kore dao, Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Poroardegar, Tumi…Shakibke ehtu Tomar Doiyar Shagar theke dyi fota doiya diye take pahcta wicket and ekshoto run diyo, Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Poroardegar, Tumi…Rajjak kichu wicketer bebosta koriya diyo.. Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Poroardegar, Tumi amra chotobhai Shafiulke prochondo shati dao, jate she Kevin Petersoner Jaw bhenge dite pare,… Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Poroardegar, Tumi Cook, Collingwood and Prior er pet kharap koriya diyo, Mowla, Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Mowla, Poroardegar, Tumi Bangladesh teamke taufiq daan koro jeno tara Endlandke goohara haraiya tader rito shomman abar uddhar korte pare Maleek,… Ameen
Ya Maleek, Rahmatul Alaameen, Din Dunyar Maleek, Mowla, Poroardegar, Tumi England fieldertherke fielding korar shomoy achar khaoyar bebosta hore dao, abong catch drop korar jonno probhabito koro Maleek,… Ameen

deshifan
Miraz bhai ajke sokale bolsilo "I have a feeling we will get killed .... and blah blah blah ...."

ekon dekha jabe koto dhan e koto chail.

Antora
Why is Shahdat dropped?
Why is rubel in the team?
ewww
!
and also everyone its TAMIM'S BIRTHDAY :D

wiseshah
March 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
finally shakib made a good decision. hope our batsman will make us proud

focus is on imrul kayes--last chance for him in test match.so is razzaq.

they are the 2 weak points today

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
Jago Bangladesher Batsmenera Jago!!

wiseshah
March 19, 2010, 10:10 PM
Why is Shahdat dropped?
Why is rubel in the team?
ewww
!
and also everyone its TAMIM'S BIRTHDAY :D

i also think shahadat did better than rubel, he was economical first 6 or 7 overs, when rubel was thrashed, so is razzaq

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
england dropped caDbury and tredwell in

its a simple combination......

5 specialist batters 1 specialist WK 5 specialist bowler

though most of their specialist bowlers are decent batters, which is a bonus

ahms
Eng choose 3 pacers + 2 spinners = 5 specilist bowlers. Plan to finish the game early. Some want to catch flight to IPL.

Ananna
England has dropped carbeey and included Tradewell

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 10:12 PM
Jago Bangladesher Batsmenera Jago!!
Shongrami janowar howe jaao tomra!! Howe jaao raam danob!! Howe jaao Shundorboner byaghro shabok!! Howe jaao durgom paharer bhoyonkor doitto!! Fatay felo pretty boy re fatay felo!!

M.H.Rubel
March 19, 2010, 10:13 PM
Shakib has won the toss and we will bat first.

Yes thats a good toss to win now we need to make our way.Hope for the best Roar on tigers.

Sohel
I don't think we'll see Carberry again with Strauss returning.

al-Sagar
i just hope the SNBS pitch is not a green top where shakib decided to bat

deshifan
Tamim er paglami na kore carefully khela uchit. Baburchi-r moto ekta innings khelte parle ajke kam hoise :fire:

bdbazar_com
March 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
any link ? I have time warner so cant watch ESPN 360

Cric_blood
March 19, 2010, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone ..my first post here though I have been following BC for long long time(24 months)..
I njoy reading comments of particularly BK bhai,ATMR, shamim mia, KP and many more. Hope the match will be gr8 for out tigerz...cheerz!

Tanvir703
March 19, 2010, 10:17 PM
any link ? I have time warner so cant watch ESPN 360

hitcric.info not working? or allsportslive.info?

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
i had a big worry about the toss but now relieved.

well now a new thing to get worried.

tamim iqbal, imrul kayes and the batsman to follow..... hope they dont get out soon. normally when we win the toss and bat, we collapse in the first session

Shehwar
Yes! We are batting first!!!

deshifan
heyyy... welcome cric_blood bro. cheers :flag:

Tanvir703
Dont they usually broadcast the toss? how did you guys find out so early?

Cric_blood
March 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
heyyy... welcome cric_blood bro. cheers :flag:

thnkx brother

Orpheus
March 19, 2010, 10:20 PM

not live.. they usually show pre-recorded ones just prior to the game.

btw I am happy as long as carberry or blackberry or whatever his name is don't field. that guy saved atleast 30 runs on first match

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 10:21 PM
only finn and broad has no FC centuries.

bresnan has 3
swann 4
tredwell 2

broad have no bat a good batsman we all know.

finn may be the only real tail ender in the england side

deshifan
March 19, 2010, 10:21 PM
Toss takes place half an hour before the match takes off. And the Cricinfo and other websites show the toss result.

Nocturnal
March 19, 2010, 10:22 PM
ghotona ki ...cable wala ra super sports/neo sports dite eto deri kortese ken...sojjo hoitese na!! :(
Good Luck Tigers! :)

al-Sagar

u can find it in cricinfo as soon as it happens

Tanvir703
not live.. they usually show pre-recorded ones just prior to the game.

btw I am happy as long as carberry or blackberry or whatever his name is don't field. that guy saved atleast 30 runs on first match

Thanks! And yea its good that cranberry is not there.

Tanvir703
March 19, 2010, 10:24 PM
Why is Razzak still there...? What has he done in the first test to justify his place here?

al-Sagar
ghotona ki ...cable wala ra super sports/neo sports dite eto deri kortese ken...sojjo hoitese na!! :(
Good Luck Tigers! :)

amader 2 ta SS always thake.

inswinger
Sakib won the toss and decided to bat.

Sohel
March 19, 2010, 10:25 PM
Uncool tie on Ata!

Sohel
March 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
The pitch looks to be yet another "baganer malir ishpishal".