PDA

View Full Version : Formula to win Mirpur Test

Miraz
March 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
- Win the toss
- Bat first
- Bat for at least 5 session as this would ensure half-baking of English players in hot and humid condition
- Score 400+. With Tamim in form, a confident Zunaed and consistent Mushfiq and Mahmudullah this should not br dificult for our boys.
- Half-baked English players are likely to collapse under scorching Dhaka heat. Restrict them within 350
- Bat again, take 350 run lead and declare-
Bangladesh win the Test and series ends 1-1

Prime
March 16, 2010, 12:51 PM
Should merge this with call me a dreamer thread

auntu
March 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
Great one Miraz bhai.
I see this doable.

ahms
March 16, 2010, 01:22 PM
- Win the toss
- Bat first
- Bat for at least 5 session as this would ensure half-baking of English players in hot and humid condition
- Score 400+. With Tamim in form, a confident Zunaed and consistent Mushfiq and Mahmudullah this should not br dificult for our boys.
- Half-baked English players are likely to collapse under scorching Dhaka heat. Restrict them within 350

Any back-up plan if we lose the toss.

_Rafi_
March 16, 2010, 01:32 PM
- Win the toss

Shakib cant do anything with this.

al Furqaan
March 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
sounds good.

the trend has been so far, play well first test, lose by an innings 2nd test.

this will change starting saturday. a new bangladesh team has arrived, but winning a test will take some time yet.

betaar
March 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
sounds good.

this will change starting saturday. a new bangladesh team has arrived, but winning a test will take some time yet.

Don't jump to conclusin too early my friend. Bangladesh has always a trick up in their sleeve to prove you wrong.

ahms
March 16, 2010, 02:14 PM
We need a bowling prodigy to win a match. We desparately need one.

I know one but he is too young, only 2 and 1/2 years. He has good arm. Can throw ball at a good speed of his age. His name is Sabir Ahmed, lives in WI.

Ajfar
March 16, 2010, 02:19 PM
Shakib cant do anything with this.

I doubt had Shakib chosen to bat first the result would have been any different. It wouldn't have mattered weather we batted first or 2nd in that pitch. Its not like Swann was getting any assistance from the pitch in the fourth innings, so either way our bowling would have been toothless in both innings. and our big gap at the top of the order from 1-5 would have been exposed even if we batted first. IMO even though it probably wasn't the right call to bowl first, but I don't the result would have been any different had we batted first.

WarWolf
March 16, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hope Shakib and co. reads this thread.

Fazal
March 16, 2010, 02:31 PM
Formula to win Mirpur Test ...

Extra attention to our Meehman....
\
Chanachur mixed with Kacha Morich, Peyaaj ar Lembur rosh iserved in newspaper from dustbean....
Fuchka with extra spice....
Amraa with Morich ar lobon....
Chaltar Achhar
Street Faluda ...
Pocha boiled deem....
Baby icecream ....
Kothbell with reused stick...
Kochi Daab-er dui nombor paani...
Coke local brand (bottled in Jinjira)...
Aam shotto...

Extra rough toilet paper....

and then tolpeet bashake.....
running for toilet...

only then WIN amader mayer koley... we can sleep in peace.

_Rafi_
March 16, 2010, 02:32 PM
A Kanpur type of pitch is only formula. Otherwise we should play for a draw right from the begining. We dont have a decent bowling lineup to take 20 wickets on any pitch other than excessive turning pitch.

nsd3
March 16, 2010, 05:25 PM
Any plan for the Toothless bowlers?!!! Same dead pitch favours opposition bowlers always (it's not that batsnmen always give their wickets, bowlers bowl well too).

makorsha
March 16, 2010, 05:34 PM
- Win the toss
- Bat first

I had a fight with you regarding Ashraful and you didn't agree that Ashraful is a pre Madonna and he should be dropped to make him realize he was dispensable ..
that was long time ago

but this time I agree with you hope our cpatain and coach has the brain to exploit local condition..
This is the only team in the world does not utilize the home team advantage..

How come we cant afford a Pakistani curator..they are the world well-known cheater..

But I finally agree with you.

Nafi
March 16, 2010, 05:57 PM
Fast bowlers need to get wickets, and get reverse swing. Why does Shahadat bowl like a demon every half a dozen tests.

He is like the bowling version of Ashraful.

Bond
March 16, 2010, 06:45 PM
u need Einstein to come with forumuals to win Bangladesh matches, haha i joke.
i think lotus kamal will make changes in team and we can win

nycpro96
March 16, 2010, 06:50 PM
the pitch needs to really help out our spinners. our pacers are super bhua. i say we play shakib enam and shuvo with riyad and naeem. crazy stuff. a spinning pitch would kill

NKVDv2
March 16, 2010, 07:46 PM
sounds good.

well said.

one step at a time..I mean one test at a time

hbk619
March 16, 2010, 08:32 PM
- Win the toss
- Bat first

i hope siddons chachhu will follow this thread. Kintu mori hai, playerra je double century korar shopno dekhe, kintu double centuryr dhare kacheo jete pare na

NKVDv2
March 16, 2010, 09:38 PM
Miraz - you are a funny man. I expected much more from you. HBK619 has dragged you down into the shabby depths of lost sanity.

Just after the 3rd ODI you hastily opened a thread that in all effect wrote out the death of BD cricket.

And now you are dabbling over why we cannot win, and to follow your prescription.

Haradhon
March 16, 2010, 10:33 PM
- Win the toss
- Bat first

Everything you suggested is possible except for bowling them out within 350. Eng have batting depth with some technically sound batters. We can only exploit some of their inexperience with spin.
So Mirpur has to be spin friendly.
We will do better batting first in a pitch that is likely to deteriorate sooner that the one in Ctg.

If we won anything in the 1st test, that is "treat us with respect because we not ordinary."

Ashraf-FTP
March 16, 2010, 10:59 PM
Formula to win Mirpur Test ...

Extra attention to our Meehman....
\
Chanachur mixed with Kacha Morich, Peyaaj ar Lembur rosh iserved in newspaper from dustbean....
Fuchka with extra spice....
Amraa with Morich ar lobon....
Chaltar Achhar
Street Faluda ...
Pocha boiled deem....
Baby icecream ....
Kothbell with reused stick...
Kochi Daab-er dui nombor paani...
Coke local brand (bottled in Jinjira)...
Aam shotto...

Extra rough toilet paper....

and then tolpeet bashake.....
running for toilet...

only then WIN amader mayer koley... we can sleep in peace.
Good enough. We wont need the BD players to work so hard to fail. Just get some 10 years old in the team, we will still win :D

DJ Sahastra
March 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
This one is easy: Bat Well, Bowl Well, Field Well.

simon
March 17, 2010, 10:34 AM
A suggestion to Sakib: Learn from Junaed & Tamim how to play Swann.

magic boy
March 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
I see nothing but batting more and more...we wont be able to take their 10 wickets in first innings restricting them under 400 or 300 ! everything depending on batting.
after gathering 400+ then we'll have something to hope for winning.

BD-Shardul
March 17, 2010, 10:57 AM
Bat like Tamim, Mushy or Zunaed in both innings.

auntu
March 17, 2010, 12:25 PM
Have some pro BCites at the gallery.

view360
March 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
The technique is Hidden Earpieces which are virtually invisible. Although it is used by the security services , this was first controversially introduced by the late Bob Woolmer when he was the coach of South Africa .
http://www.gadgetvenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/secret-headset.jpg

Eshen
March 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder why everyone keeps saying low-slow wicket is the way to go. Chittagong pitch offered as much turn as possible for finger spinners. But English batsmen showed they got decent footwork to negotiate spin on a slow wicket. IMO, our spinners would have done better if the pitch offered both turn and bounce.

reyme
March 18, 2010, 04:47 PM
Thats right, we need more turn and bounce in Mirpur.

Also I dont see any reason wasting 2 slots with pacers. We see a bowling change as early as 7th over and our pacers and no threat to the English batsmen. They are good at leaking runs and cant even bat.

The team selection really needs a change. Our selectors and coach cant think anything outside the box.

M.H.Rubel
March 18, 2010, 06:08 PM
I wonder why everyone keeps saying low-slow wicket is the way to go. Chittagong pitch offered as much turn as possible for finger spinners. But English batsmen showed they got decent footwork to negotiate spin on a slow wicket. IMO, our spinners would have done better if the pitch offered both turn and bounce.

If there is bounce in the wicket there is a chance of collapse in our batting probably this is reason behind so much fascination about low bounce wicket.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
March 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
^^ Our batting side can collapse on the dullest of pitches (like they did in the last Test), there is no point in trying to protect them. We should try to play to our strength, which is our spin department.

yaseer
March 18, 2010, 08:59 PM
- Win the toss
- Bat first

This is a general formula to win a test match in sub-continent, has been practiced for years after years by the teams. Though players know it, but the problem is our players have not been able to implement it for the last 10 years. Nothing special has not actually happened to believe that they will be able to implement it this time.

Most important pre-requisite:

Scoring 450+ runs in the 1st innings - not possible at the moment in any given pitch when bowlers are fresh and will be after our batsmen.