PDA

View Full Version : Wicket of the Mirpur Test

Miraz
March 16, 2010, 09:15 AM
Should we prepare another flattest pitch? or, a dust bowl that will turn from day 1?

With Swann taking 10 wickets and England packed with seamers, slow low flat batting pitch looks really a good option again.

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 09:48 AM
swann may be a good spinner, but we must back our spinners too.

i think there should be just a bit more spin in this wicket.

well the most important thing is winning the toss.

i worry.... shakib wont win this time

Aritro
March 16, 2010, 10:31 AM
Realistically we only stand a chance of winning if it's a dustbowl and we have the good fortune to win the toss and bat first to ensure we get to bowl on day 4.

Another flat pitch will do nothing other than boost a few of our bats averages on the way to handing England another easy win.

_Rafi_
March 16, 2010, 10:41 AM
I think BCB is pressurized by Nimbus sports to make flat track for ensuring full five days of television coverage.

bdtiger
March 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
I agree with offstump. It will be a little more turning but flat wicket. And also my 6th sense says Shakib will loose the toss and England will bat first again.

auntu
March 16, 2010, 12:02 PM
It should be slow and low but there should be plenty of turn. There is no point of making a flat deck. Which doesn't help our batsman at all.

ahms
March 16, 2010, 12:22 PM
A batting pitch might give BD a chance of draw at least, since BD batting is better at the moment.
A slow bowling pitch will give equal chance for both teams. If it is found to be slow wicket Eng will not hesitate to take 2nd spinner for 2nd test.

Think before you do.

Shehwar
March 16, 2010, 05:22 PM
We should prepare a pitch that turns square from the first day. Where no team can score more than 200. Tokhon dekha jabe koto dhane koto chaal. We should play to our strength.

kalpurush
March 16, 2010, 07:08 PM
We should prepare a pitch that turns square from the first day. Where no team can score more than 200. Tokhon dekha jabe koto dhane koto chaal. We should play to our strength.
Fortunately, ^^^ that's our opponent's weakness too!
So, a turning pitch is the key for a win here.

And Swann might not be lucky everyday to take ten wickets!

hbk619
March 16, 2010, 08:46 PM
swann killed it! shakib said that spin is the main weapon for the team to beat England. Surprisingly, Swann the only spinner in the English team killed the Bangladeshi Batting order. Surprise Surprise!

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 10:49 PM
swann killed it! shakib said that spin is the main weapon for the team to beat England. Surprisingly, Swann the only spinner in the English team killed the Bangladeshi Batting order. Surprise Surprise!

its not a surprise..... danish kaneria, vettori, cant rememeber the SA spinner.... and other foreign spinners get wicket against us in our home regularly

Bond
March 16, 2010, 11:42 PM
its not a surprise..... danish kaneria, vettori, cant rememeber the SA spinner.... and other foreign spinners get wicket against us in our home regularly

yes we are bad spinner players, we have spin but contradicting spin withinself, we need good spin players like mushfiq, i think playing spin batting coach should be mushfiq, playing pace batting coach should be tamim, shakib should concentrate on bowling, his bolwing was really really bad, his 4 wickets he got was nothing special deliveries, swann turn the ball even in this pitch, shakib got 1inchi turn only

Tiger444
March 17, 2010, 12:11 AM
i think either way we will struggle..dust bowl or flat pitch..fact is our batsmen are just not good enough against other test sides and that clearly showed this year..i have realized that these days pitches are extremely flat..since we are in the subcontinent our pitches are slow and low and NZ has pitches with some good bounce..realistically with our batting, we really should have scored 400 in each innings on such flat pitches..if we cant do that then we cant really win no matter what pitch we play on..

nsd3
March 17, 2010, 12:22 AM
Pitch should spin friendly. Take Shuvo in place of Razzak.

auntu
March 17, 2010, 01:41 AM
Pitch should spin friendly. Take Shuvo in place of Razzak.
Shouvo would do better in ODI and T20.

view360
March 17, 2010, 07:55 AM
Based on the Statsguru ; SBNS,Mirpur (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/ground/236761.html?class=1;template=results;type=aggregat e) , it will be wiser to bat first at SBNS , Mirpur. The worst thing there is to bat at the 4th innings.

SMHasan
March 17, 2010, 09:56 AM
It is a question. But the bigger question is - will the curator be able to tell us what sort of wicket he is gonna hand us? I am saying this because in recent times everybody misread the pitch, from our coach to the captain Shakib and not to mention the Curator himself.

Once (I can't remember when it was) the curator had said that we would have a turning track from day one, instead it helped the pacers and there was nothing for the spinners. As a result everybody was left wondering including myself.

Actually it's a part of a cricket culture that the ground staff understand the nature of the pitch, the management read the pitch properly. And taking home advantage is also a part of cricket culture. I really can't remember if any time or at all our curator has given us the exact pitch as we wanted.

Hope it improves as we are getting a little matured now a days.

view360
March 17, 2010, 10:45 AM
If it is the turning wicket that our team is seeking , it is better to bring in either Indian or Sri Lankan curators to prepare the pitch. BD curators have been consistently misleading us due to their lack of ability.