PDA

View Full Version : Tamim should get chance in IPL

AK420
March 16, 2010, 10:36 AM
Tamim is our most consistant batsmen. Whenever he bats, he bats in his own way. His aggressive nature makes him suitable for T20. Why doesnt any team in the IPL buy him? If players like Owais Shah, Ravi Bopara, Kockroach(K Roach), Mathews, etc, etc, etc got chance in IPL but not Tamim. Even Ashraful Bhodai got a match in the last year's IPL.

If Tamim is not given a chance in IPL, how do you suppose anyone else in the team getting into the IPL. The IPL teams should now about the power of Tamim Iqbal. He scored a Century against England this month and even a 150+ against India in a test match, not to forget his 62 run innings in 40 balls that helped BD score 296 in the tri series. He also did well last year. Why does he not get a chance then? Everyone knows that he is purely talented. BCB should complain about this.

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
AK420, Do you want Tamim to lose his form joining IPL benching like Ashraful and Mashrafe?!! ow ma gOd

aklemalp
March 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
come on..........IPL?

rashed411
March 16, 2010, 10:51 AM
Tamim kicked India out of 07 World cup. They are still pissed...

AK420
March 16, 2010, 10:52 AM
AK420, Do you want Tamim to lose his form joining IPL benching like Ashraful and Mashrafe?!! ow ma gOd

Do yo think he will be benching? Comeone, look at Ash, he has nothing called form. Mashrafee on the other hand is always with injury. There is big difference between these two and TI.

AK420
March 16, 2010, 10:54 AM
Tamim kicked India out of 07 World cup. They are still pissed...

You are absolutely right

wiseshah
March 16, 2010, 10:55 AM
Why ipl? National team is better place than ipl
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

aklemalp
March 16, 2010, 11:04 AM
i hate the ipl .,.,.,.,pollard:$750,000(US)
roach:$750,000(US)
INEXPERIENCE ARE GOING TO KILL THEIR CAREERS,S0 WE WILL NOT SEE TAMIM IN THE IPL:timeout::timeout::timeout:

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
i would rather see him play in English county ... ...

that will make him a better player

magic boy
March 16, 2010, 11:19 AM
Do yo think he will be benching? Comeone, look at Ash, he has nothing called form. Mashrafee on the other hand is always with injury. There is big difference between these two and TI.

when Mashrafe was selected for IPL/KKR he was in better form than Tamim and was used to be known as potential hard hitting allrounder. now see where is Mashrafe?

you know what. tournament like IPL & ICL are best for retired star players so far!

'nuff said

dolcevita
March 16, 2010, 11:20 AM
next year tamim and shakib will play ipl , this year shakib hasn't a contract due to this test serie : Swann to has no contract

aklemalp
March 16, 2010, 11:23 AM
i don'teven like the ipl because it's for the new generation

auntu
March 16, 2010, 11:40 AM
Yes he should.
He should have a Hammer too.

sufism
March 16, 2010, 12:03 PM
Why on earth would you want to see Tamim playin in IPL. Our players have to learn real cricket first before they could think about some bollywood junk. IPL is no cricket tournament. Cricket plays a side role in this movie. Once you are a complete cricketer then you could consider making some extra buck. Such as Kallis, Boucher, Hayden, Gilli.

an IPL disaster is the last thing we could wish for our team.

Foozy
March 16, 2010, 12:08 PM
Fcuk the IPL!

I hope many of our players get chance in county cricket like sakib did.

aklemalp
March 16, 2010, 12:19 PM
i don't know which idiot invented the t20 format,but wasn't test cricket awsome,think about it b4 t20there was the world record of the most wickets taken by a cricketer in a single innings which i got to see ,i got it on dvd,this particular test match showed the true joy and awsomeness of this format of cricket,tradition is better than invention,if it wasn't for power play then sachin could have never made the 200* in odi's,well for an era of cricket ,i love the 90's and the first half of 2000"s,i also love when bangladesh won the odi match against australia,but my best was when bangladesh won the test and odi series in the west indies last,that was awsome,in my view a series doesn't make a quality of a cricketer(roach and pollard)they are more inexperienced than tamim,hasn't any in india see when tamim made the 151 against them in january?
long live the tigers,hope that they win the next test match convincingly

aklemalp
March 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
the ipl is something like this :when you hae too much of money you don't know what to do with it,and it is also the root of all evil

sufism
March 16, 2010, 12:30 PM
I would not mind Tamim playing in the Aussie Big Bash T20. It is lot more competitive and a serious tournament. T20 by itself is not bad. Proper use of T20 could be very beneficial to cricket as a whole. I like T20 but just do not take it seriously.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
The IPL, the national team and County cricket don't necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. He can play all three if he gets a chance. We need to start taking the T20 format seriously, otherwise good luck earning a shommanjonok porajoy against Ireland or even winning ODIs seeing how T20s have injected so much firepower in the 50 over format too.

Ajfar
March 16, 2010, 02:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with playing in IPL. It is completely up to the player. If he wants to play and he gets a contract than why not play. After all they became cricketer to entertain the crowd and earn money. so what's so wrong about that?

Wakidul
March 16, 2010, 02:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with playing in IPL. It is completely up to the player. If he wants to play and he gets a contract than why not play. After all they became cricketer to entertain the crowd and earn money. so what's so wrong about that?

R u sayin that they do not become a cricketer also because they enjoy the game. That i feel is the beauty of earning money in this way. U earn money for something u enjoy!

Fazal
March 16, 2010, 02:40 PM
He should score a double century first before going anywhere.

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 02:49 PM
Let him develop as a batsman 1st before he goes on to play IPL..to me he still needs to develop in tests and odi's before playing in a high profile league in the T20's..in my opinion, the players who should be in the ipl are superstar batsmen such as gayle, kallis, ponting etc. tamim isnt at that level yet so let him average around a 40 in both tests and odi's before he gets a chance in the lucrative league..

bdtiger
March 16, 2010, 02:50 PM
He is the best aggressive and successful batsman bangladesh has ever produced. And yes he should be considered for IPL. But for some reasons Indians don't like BD cricketers. Remember they never host us for any test or even ODI unlike all other test playing countries.

WarWolf
March 16, 2010, 02:51 PM
What Tamim has done so far in T20?

dolcevita
March 16, 2010, 05:01 PM
Let him develop as a batsman 1st before he goes on to play IPL..to me he still needs to develop in tests and odi's before playing in a high profile league in the T20's..in my opinion, the players who should be in the ipl are superstar batsmen such as gayle, kallis, ponting etc. tamim isnt at that level yet so let him average around a 40 in both tests and odi's before he gets a chance in the lucrative league..

Tamim,shakib are much much better than roach,bopara,etc...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

DJ Sahastra
March 16, 2010, 05:21 PM
I am sure Tamim has been noticed and will be among the hot-bids during the next IPL. Atleast RR needs exacttly his kind of batting opener to play along with Graeme Smith.

makorsha
March 16, 2010, 05:47 PM
ipl **** was copied by the drug delaer money making machine name lolit Modi...
He is going to bring betting on this IPL soon or already is doing that...
He is a mafia and this whole IPL thing is hog wash for money laundering..
Indian police will get in this POS

These are all assumption...
Btu this is going to destroy cricket..

Cheerleaders cheering both the sides..

Tiger444
March 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
Tamim,shakib are much much better than roach,bopara,etc...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

As players in general yes, but how good are they in T20's? Thats where the question lies..also you put shakib and tamim with roach and bopara but theres no way 2 compare those 2 with these 2..i think the main reason was because of national duty for tamim and shakib..if they were available then shakib would definitely have gotten a contract but i think its better he didnt get selected..let them develop in ODI's and tests before they get thrown in2 the ipl..i really dont like them being in ipl as of yet..their very young and have a lot of time to play in the ipl..not 2 be pessimestic but i dont really see tamim and shakib doing anything great even if they were in the ipl..i think in few years time they could potentially be stars in the ipl but 1st let them develop in2 superstar players..

BD-Shardul
March 16, 2010, 05:55 PM
**** ipl

Bond
March 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
have u seen players getting injury, grame smith and many more is following? u want our best opener injured u friend or enemy

fais
March 16, 2010, 07:04 PM
Tamim is going to make an smooth 20000 USD in the PCL T20. Seeing how he wasn't going to be available for most of this IPL, he prob wudnt have made more than that. i wud rather see him play in PCL than IPL

al Furqaan
March 16, 2010, 07:17 PM
i hope he doesn't...IPL will ruin cricket and cricketers.

already indian fans have lamented how IPL money has ruined ishant and others.

i hope BCCI continues to be arrogant and ignores bright prospects like tamim and shakib.

Shakib should get picked up by a english county.

nycpro96
March 16, 2010, 07:32 PM
i hope he doesn't...IPL will ruin cricket and cricketers.

already indian fans have lamented how IPL money has ruined ishant and others.

i hope BCCI continues to be arrogant and ignores bright prospects like tamim and shakib.

Shakib should get picked up by a english county.

Shakib is already contracted with Worcestershire and will join them when he doesn't have any national duty. Tamim would shine in county cricket. I also think Rubel needs to play some county cricket. That would be a great experience for him to learn to bowl with great effectiveness as he already has so much to offer and really holds a great future.

al-Sagar
March 16, 2010, 10:57 PM
Shakib is already contracted with Worcestershire and will join them when he doesn't have any national duty. Tamim would shine in county cricket. I also think Rubel needs to play some county cricket. That would be a great experience for him to learn to bowl with great effectiveness as he already has so much to offer and really holds a great future.

both tamim and shakib are aggressive in nature. they know how to play attacking shots and they have all that is needed for a t20 player. but they dont how to control the aggression. and if they go to IPL i think they have nothing to learn cricketwise but lot to earn moneywise.

bUT playing in county will be a great experience for both of them. against some good first class bowlers in some good pitches and playing with some regular FC batters will make them a complete player for tests and odi's.

its nice that shakib will have a go this season before the world cup. u may see shakib will return from england as a much more matured player.

we dont need more aggression in their game. we need maturity in their game which ipl wont give.... county will give.

AK420
March 17, 2010, 12:36 AM
The reason we are failing in T20, is that our players dont get chance in T20, is that they do not get oppurtunity in domestic leagues throughout the world. We nee to play more T20 and so IPL and County is the best option. PCL has very few matches that are not enough for our players.

Rabz
March 17, 2010, 06:52 AM
He'll get his turn in due time.

Ajfar
March 17, 2010, 09:49 AM
R u sayin that they do not become a cricketer also because they enjoy the game. That i feel is the beauty of earning money in this way. U earn money for something u enjoy!

I didn't say that. why can't they enjoy playing alongside International player and make a whole lot of money.

jisaan
March 17, 2010, 12:28 PM
let him score a 150 in pcl...

Ashfaq
March 17, 2010, 12:56 PM
Well, who gives a flying hoot about that circus anyway? Tamim earns enough.

dolcevita
March 17, 2010, 02:01 PM
Well, who gives a flying hoot about that circus anyway? Tamim earns enough.

Tamim and Shakib earn more than 1 crore / year . i think its around 2 crore
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

bangla-red
March 17, 2010, 03:39 PM

Rubel couldn't get into a 2nd XI match, let alone a first-class one in most other countries.