PDA

View Full Version : 2nd test mentality

Huda
March 16, 2010, 03:28 PM
Recent history has shown we do poorly in our second tests after coming close in the first test. I want this to change starting from 3 days time. It must be something mentally. Maybe the players feel they've achieved what they've wanted from the first test and ease off in the second test. I have a feeling this will again happen in Mirpur. Siddons needs his team to keep focus and make the correct decisions from the on set, the rest will then take care of it self. I want another fight, more centuries, a fifer, more grit and determination by the players.

bujhee kom
March 16, 2010, 04:56 PM
Very good points! Hello Huda bhai, bohoo deen por!!

Bond
March 17, 2010, 07:30 AM
No comments or else sharadul bhai beat me

itsrumman
March 17, 2010, 07:57 AM
I dont get one thing here.What did BD achieve in the first test anyways?couple of individual performances thats all.Taking the test to the 5th day, if thats the only thing we are looking for then I have nothing to say really.
This England side was one of the worst in the history of English cricket.

ahms
March 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
I dont get one thing here.What did BD achieve in the first test anyways?couple of individual performances thats all.Taking the test to the 5th day, if thats the only thing we are looking for then I have nothing to say really.
This England side was one of the worst in the history of English cricket.

I do not agree with you that this English team is the worst. They beat AUS and SA in South Africa. This is the same team sans Strauss and Anderson. They are very fighting team. But, I got your point that we should aim for win rather than just a good fight or taking the game to 5th day. It is hard to imagine to win a match if we do not have good bowlers, unless make a pitch to suit our slow bowlers. It is still 50/50 chance, since they have good spin bowlers as well. We can gamble on only slow bowlers and see.

beshideshi
March 17, 2010, 10:43 AM
Huda Bhai, this mentality of ours is what's holding us back imo. Our system is not ideal for generating players with mental strength to cope with test matches. Also, the problem may lie in the nature of players as individual. Until recently, most of our players were scared of the bowlers rather than the deliveries, scared of a team rather than their plays.
I am no psychology guy, but anyone majoring in psych. will be able to give you a better explanation. If our players were as strong[mentally] as Kiwi/Proteus/Aussie players, I believe we would have achieved much more than we have.

betaar
March 17, 2010, 12:30 PM
I think Bangladesh not diong well in the 2nd or the following tests is not due to them lacking the grit or focus. It's to do with the opponent figuring out their weaknesses and executing the right strategies (such as bowling on the right areas based on the batsman). I'm sure Bangladesh team's think tank comes up with their own strategies too but it's the players who cannot execute it properly due to lack of skills and mindset.

auntu
March 17, 2010, 12:31 PM
After the first test they probably get mentally exhausted.
They need some mental therapy or some relaxation.

Ashfaq
March 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
Mentality is for pansies. If our players are real men, they will be professional. But I doubt our players are that mature yet or ever will be. I'm just hoping that they will show some spunk instead of rolling right over.

Tanvir703
March 17, 2010, 10:17 PM
Recent history has shown we do poorly in our second tests after coming close in the first test. I want this to change starting from 3 days time. It must be something mentally. Maybe the players feel they've achieved what they've wanted from the first test and ease off in the second test. I have a feeling this will again happen in Mirpur. Siddons needs his team to keep focus and make the correct decisions from the on set, the rest will then take care of it self. I want another fight, more centuries, a fifer, more grit and determination by the players.

I wouldn't call a 181 defeat "coming close". Had England enforce the follow-on, we would've lost by an inning.

Zunaid
March 17, 2010, 10:24 PM
Mentality is for pansies. If our players are real men, they will be professional. But I doubt our players are that mature yet or ever will be. I'm just hoping that they will show some spunk instead of rolling right over.

Unfortunately true - but much of the team is made of sterner stuff. Those that came through McInnes training program - remember all the brouhaha with his techniques? But again - we are as Shakib said - a bit Kamchor. Recall the recent exodus of the booters when the training became 1/4 way professional?

What? I am a National team player - I should not have to work out 7 days a week.

Gowza
March 17, 2010, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately true - but much of the team is made of sterner stuff. Those that came through McInnes training program - remember all the brouhaha with his techniques? But again - we are as Shakib said - a bit Kamchor. Recall the recent exodus of the booters when the training became 1/4 way professional?

What? I am a National team player - I should not have to work out 7 days a week.

yeah shocking mentailty if that's the case, i train 7 days a week, twice a day sometimes and i don't play any sports, just general fitness. training/working out is part of being an athlete, it's their job to be fit and ready to play.