PDA

View Full Version : Stop the wild celebrations after getting a 100

fishyguy
March 17, 2010, 01:57 AM
How many times do cricketers and BD cricketers get out after they get 100. they have these wild celebrations and lose their concentration and get out the the next over.Knock it off with the wild jumping hugging, kissing the pitch. Just raise your bat calmly fist pump your partner and go back to batting. This is a big problem for many batsman. They should celebrate once they are in the dressing room. Their mentality should be great I got a 100, it'll look good in my stats but big whoop I gotta keep batting cuz this 100 in the end won't mean anything to the team if I get out. I say celebrate when you get 200. there is only a 4 run difference between 98 and 102. Its not worth it.

al-Sagar
March 17, 2010, 03:01 AM
what next " stop wild celebration after 200"

How many times do cricketers and BD cricketers get out after they get 200. they have these wild celebrations and lose their concentration and get out the the next over.Knock it off with the wild jumping hugging, kissing the pitch. Just raise your bat calmly fist pump your partner and go back to batting. This is a big problem for many batsman. They should celebrate once they are in the dressing room. Their mentality should be great I got a 200, it'll look good in my stats but big whoop I gotta keep batting cuz this 200 in the end won't mean anything to the team if I get out. I say celebrate when you get 200. there is only a 4 run difference between 198 and 202. Its not worth it.

godzilla
March 17, 2010, 03:28 AM
Ohh plz such a sour puss ... EVEN the mighty TENDULKAR celebrates after hitting a century ... honestly nothing to fuss about .. YOU go score 100's in regular basis for BD then we can stop celebrating -_-

BANFAN
March 17, 2010, 03:49 AM
Wild celebration is never expected. Players should look for celebrating victories. But team management probably yet targets individual perormance more than team... so

simon
March 17, 2010, 04:13 AM
u gotta understand these are maiden centuries ,so deserves a wild celebration.

BD-Shardul
March 17, 2010, 04:24 AM
Apnar kharap lagle celebration thread e na ashlei paren..keu to apnake ar jor kore celebration thread visit korachche na.

BD-Shardul
March 17, 2010, 04:34 AM
Ohh plz such a sour puss ... EVEN the mighty TENDULKAR celebrates after hitting a century ... honestly nothing to fuss about .. YOU go score 100's in regular basis for BD then we can stop celebrating -_-

And I have seen Tendulkar and Laxman celebrating after scoring 50s even when their team was 100-5.

tiger_army
March 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
Fishguy never score more then 0 in his lifetime, so he doesnt like celebration... i think he is jealous. Every time someone scores 100 and celebrates mr Fishguy closes his eye and starts dreaming about himself scoring a ton and celebrate...

Bond
March 17, 2010, 07:33 AM
And I have seen Tendulkar and Laxman celebrating after scoring 50s even when their team was 100-5.

sharadul bhai were u cricketer, nice picture, why are u not playing cricket now?

dash
March 17, 2010, 09:05 AM
c'mon guys this is over the top reaction ........

the thread opener has a decent point bt you cant stop people from celebrating that is natural reaction of joy; but the team cause is the bigger picture and one should get back to concentrating.

Nafi
March 17, 2010, 09:05 AM
BLAH BLAH!

Get back in your hole! :ticking:

deshifan
March 17, 2010, 09:09 AM
Stop opening ajaira thread.

akabir77
March 17, 2010, 09:13 AM
faltu

Ajfar
March 17, 2010, 09:31 AM
dude if I worked my butt off to get a 100 I'll celebrate however I want to, who are you to tell me? as long as they keep on scoring the run I don't really care how they celebrate it.

Rizvi
March 17, 2010, 09:38 AM
there is something fishy about this request....

I'd rather see a celebratory century than a calm and composed 25.

Shaan
March 17, 2010, 10:00 AM
I think fishyguy meant that a player should start his innings afreash after hitting a ton, and then concentrate and continue the momentum and go for the next milestone which not only benefit a team also the player himself.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

magic boy
March 17, 2010, 10:36 AM
actually something for the first time is always remarkable therefore players celebrate their first ever international century accordingly.
Tamim Iqbal dint stop after scoring century but turned that to 150+ against Zim to win chasing 300+ run.So not all incidents are same.

Purbasha T
March 17, 2010, 10:43 AM
Umm, I don't necessarily mind a bit over the top celebration. But there are a few awkward stuff I have seen in recent times from our players. For example - Mushy against India...team losing, only one wicket left..but looking at his celebrations and expressions after the century, made it look like he already won the match for us. I understand he's young and that was his maiden century, but you've to set priorities. If this is how you celebrate your own achievement when you're team is about to lose (and lose very badly), that's a bit odd.

But the rest I'm fine with. Tamim's stuff were fine, we were in a good position. Junaid's one yesterday was alright as well, we weren't really in the worst of positions.

auntu
March 17, 2010, 12:33 PM
[বাংলা]একটা সেঞ্চুরী মেরে দেখেন না তখন বুঝবেন how many rice how many paddy. [/বাংলা]

reyme
March 17, 2010, 01:40 PM
First stop the crazy swaering after getting a wicket. This got to be worst behavior by a player, I have ever seen (and some of are happy to call that a sledging), Sawnn and Finn that is.

If Junaid would have done it to them he probabaly would get a ban for life. 300 years gone and English are still the rulers and subcontinets people are still the subjects...whatever happened to our backbone? Did we ever grown any?

kalpurush
March 17, 2010, 06:42 PM
I think fishyguy meant that a player should start his innings afreash after hitting a ton, and then concentrate and continue the momentum and go for the next milestone which not only benefit a team also the player himself.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Point taken. :)

I want both...wild celebration and a fresh start from there to finish the match with a win!

bujhee kom
March 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
sharadul bhai were u cricketer, nice picture, why are u not playing cricket now?

Ohh yes Bond bhai, Shadrul bhai was a very famous pro cricketer, but one time time his middle stump got bowled (no guard, can you believe it?!) and he cried a lot and stopped playing ever since! But now a days he is a celebrety spokesperson for protector/guard companies, goes to schools and tells young cricketers the importance of safety first!

BD-Shardul
March 17, 2010, 08:15 PM
ohh yes bond bhai, shadrul bhai was a very famous pro cricketer, but one time time his middle stump got bowled (no guard, can you believe it?!) and he cried a lot and stopped playing ever since! But now a days he is a celebrety spokesperson for protector/guard companies, goes to schools and tells young cricketers the importance of safety first!

[বাংলা]সাপও মারেন, লাঠিও ভাঙ্গে না। খঞ্জর ভালোই চালান। তবে ভাই: গার্ড ছাড়া এখনো খেলতে পারি, নিন্দুকদের কোন তোয়াক্কা কখনো করি নাই, এখনো করি না ;)। আমাপায়ারদের (পড়ুন মডারেটর) আবশ্য সমীহ করি, নইলে পড়ে স্টেডিয়াম থেকে বের করে দিবে :(।[/বাংলা]

Zeeshan
March 17, 2010, 08:21 PM
[বাংলা]সাপও মারেন, লাঠিও ভাঙ্গে না। খঞ্জর ভালোই চালান। তবে ভাই: গার্ড ছাড়া এখনো খেলতে পারি, নিন্দুকদের কোন তোয়াক্কা কখনো করি নাই, এখনো করি না ;)। আমাপায়ারদের (পড়ুন মডারেটর) আবশ্য সমীহ করি, নইলে পড়ে স্টেডিয়াম থেকে বের করে দিবে :(।[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ঠুশে ![/বাংলা] :smug:

Gowza
March 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
i think maybe "wild" is the imperative word. it's ok to celebrate any ton, but "wild" celebrations should be kept to important tons such as a maiden ton or one that is really crucial to the match.

Shaan
March 18, 2010, 02:30 AM
Point taken. :)

I want both...wild celebration and a fresh start from there to finish the match with a win!

Exactly KP bai, what else can be better than to celebrate a century with a win for the team, of course everyone has right to rejoice and express their milestone for their hard work achievement but need to carry on. I guess we fan are not anymore thirsty for centuries, more hungry for the victory but sweet with century !!

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 02:47 AM
so also .................. we may need to stop celebrating after taking wickets.............

shujan
March 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
I love those century celebration!! Hope to see some more in near future.

Getting century is hard work!! Celebration is justified in my opinion!! It also show the world yes we can!! Right on your face!! Take that sukka!!

Just a little trash talk :)