PDA

View Full Version : Why Mashrafee in IPL???

mohmoh
March 18, 2010, 01:12 AM
I don't understand why Mashrafee is in IPL at the moment? I thought he was injured and needed some rest.He could have stayed with the Bangladesh cricket team and trained with the physio.Instead he decided to go and play (rather carrying the towels and the bottles) for the KKR.He should show more commitment to Bangladesh cricket team. I think he just came up with an excuse (mom sick and conflict with the management)not to play in the Test against England.It's all about money nowadays. I am pretty sure he would make more money with the KKR than with the Bangladesh the Test Team.Personally, I do not think IPL is a world class tournament.If you look at the scorecard of Yusuf Pathan, you will get an idea. He thrashed bowlers like Ali Murtaza and Satish (auli gauli's bowler). India is the only nation that has not invited Bangladesh for a full Test tour yet. It's an unbelievable and extremely shocking fact that despite gaining the Test staus in 2000, our next door neighboring country cricket board thinks inviting Bangladesh for a Test tour would be financially not feasible.The Indians simply do not want to pay the respect that we deserve. It's true that initially our cricket Team was struggling to adapt to the new format of the game but they are definitely getting better day by day. It's not been that long Sri Lanka had started playing good at the highest level. Furthermore, don't you think players like Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiqur deserve to be in the IPL auction list? They are a lot better than the other players IPL franchises have bought (Yousuf Abdullah, Henriques Moises ,Dimitri Mascarehas...... come on) But the Indians won't put them on the auction list because they are Bangladeshi cricket players. The fact that we beat them in the World Cup 2007 still hurts them and it will haunt them for the foreseeable future as well. Can you imagine idiots like Mandira Bedi (edit) commentating about Bangladesh Cricket Team??? IPL is simply destroying the cricket world. How many good and young players have you seen coming out of that tournament? Anyone??? Once players like Lakshman,Rahul and Shachin retire then you will see the downfall of the Indian cricket team.

magic boy
March 18, 2010, 01:38 AM
I assume that Mashrafe literally retired from international cricket !!

Rabz
March 18, 2010, 01:47 AM
Welcome to BC, Mohmoh.
Its nice to have you amongst us.

Pls be careful with your choice of words. A new member coming in and in his/her very first post, starts to use abusive language doesn't really do any good to the credibility of the member or the post.

We do have a number of minors here, so hope you'd keep that in mind.

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 02:44 AM
why mashrafe in iPL ????

ans: almost the same reason u r in BC forum

MarufH
March 18, 2010, 02:52 AM
He is there cause he is not fit enough to play test cricket. However, he can rest staying with KKR team and make $300K in the process. (600/2yrs I believe)

bangla-red
March 18, 2010, 03:01 AM
Hey, don't diss Dimi!

RazabQ
March 18, 2010, 03:02 AM
As myself and as Mod: Welcome moh-moh. Please try and maintain a civil tone on your forum posting and minimize foul language. On a stylistic note ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

mij
March 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
why mashrafe in iPL ?

Because he is unfit and we don't need another unfit in our team.

tiger_army
March 18, 2010, 07:08 AM
Although this guy is banned, He is speaking the truth.....And seriously I don't know What mash doing there since he got no chance to play a single game..

beshideshi
March 18, 2010, 07:26 AM
The reason why mash went to IPL is quite simple, in an ODI/Test match he would have to bowl minimum 10 overs a day. But in a T20 he has to bowl maximum 4 overs.
And in order to regain his form/confidence, he needs match practice. And what better practice than bowling 4overs in an international tournament. Hopefully he gets some form/confidence back.

nura43
March 18, 2010, 07:29 AM
মাশরাফির একটু দাদাপ্রীতি আর ভারত প্রীতি আছে বলে শুনেছি । বোধ হয় এই কারনেই ওখান থেকে ডাক আসলেই সে ছুটে যায় । আমার মনে একটা প্রশ্ন প্রায়ই জাগে । তা হলো - আই পি এল এ যাওয়ার আগে সে যে নাটকটা করল সেটা কি ভারতে আই পি এল খেলতে যাওয়ার জন্য তার তৈরি করা কনো বাহানা ছিল? আমার তো মনে হয় এমনই কিছু হবে ।

AK420
March 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
He did not go to IPL to move away for BD cricket. He moved away from BD cricket to play IPL. As simple as that. I bet that he will be given only one chance. He cant go through Bond, Langavleldt and also be in the foreign four players for KKR.

bangalee20
March 18, 2010, 08:18 AM
Mash is a Clever guy. Not only he will make some moolah, he is in good company and observing closely how to bowl efficiently. He is getting good opportunity to learn and then apply when needed.

"IPL is simply destroying the cricket world." ---- Really? R U Serious? T20 is the game of the Future.
Have you been watching the games????

Baundule
March 18, 2010, 08:24 AM
I am happy that Mash is in the IPL. I did not know that it was a two years' contract and thought he was ditched after the Buchanan dominated first year. Mashrafe clearly have not regained the fitness to play international cricket. Moreover, his chance of making in the playing XI of the KKR is almost null. So, Bangladesh is not losing anything. Anyway, if someone does not like professionals earning money thinking that sport should be a charity to prove one's patriotism, them he/she may get angry with Mash's joing the IPL.

bangalee20
March 18, 2010, 08:26 AM
মাশরাফির একটু দাদাপ্রীতি আর ভারত প্রীতি আছে বলে শুনেছি । বোধ হয় এই কারনেই ওখান থেকে ডাক আসলেই সে ছুটে যায় । আমার মনে একটা প্রশ্ন প্রায়ই জাগে । তা হলো - আই পি এল এ যাওয়ার আগে সে যে নাটকটা করল সেটা কি ভারতে আই পি এল খেলতে যাওয়ার জন্য তার তৈরি করা কনো বাহানা ছিল? আমার তো মনে হয় এমনই কিছু হবে ।

What Natok? He was not chosen by the BCB. He had to come up with some excuse. Remember, he was named Captain of the team before Shakib. It was an insult to him when BCB dropped him.

I have been watching IPL. Shane Bond (Fastest Bowler) from KKR did not get a single wkt against Chennai and scored only 1. Will he be dropped from the team? No.

Our selectors are CLUELESS. Having Mash play in the Test Match against England would have been much better choice than picking Rubel, Shahadat or even Shafiul.

Nafi
March 18, 2010, 08:40 AM
Gosh some people on this board, lack a lot of common sense.

Mashrafe is not match-fit, he is FAT AND CAN ONLY BOWL 75MPH :floor:

He is in KKR, so he has access to mult-million pound state of the art gym and training facilities, also he has wasim akram as a trainer.

Getting paid to get your form back, seems like a win-win situation. BCB saves money, and have a better rehabilitated mashrafe.

I will not take mashrafe back in the BD team, until he is bowling atleast 85mph consistently. Meaning that he is at least match-fit

bangalee20
March 18, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am happy that Mash is in the IPL. I did not know that it was a two years' contract and thought he was ditched after the Buchanan dominated first year. Mashrafe clearly have not regained the fitness to play international cricket. Moreover, his chance of making in the playing XI of the KKR is almost null. So, Bangladesh is not losing anything. Anyway, if someone does not like professionals earning money thinking that sport should be a charity to prove one's patriotism, them he/she may get angry with Mash's joing the IPL.

At the least, Mash is earning the money proper way because of his talent. I wish I could say the same thing for Corrupt Politician Lotus Kamal, our BCB Chief.

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
Gosh some people on this board, lack a lot of common sense.

Mashrafe is not match-fit, he is FAT AND CAN ONLY BOWL 75MPH :floor:

He is in KKR, so he has access to mult-million pound state of the art gym and training facilities, also he has wasim akram as a trainer.

Getting paid to get your form back, seems like a win-win situation. BCB saves money, and have a better rehabilitated mashrafe.

I will not take mashrafe back in the BD team, until he is bowling atleast 85mph consistently. Meaning that he is at least match-fit

and the company of shane bond, charl langeveldt, ishant sharma, ajit agarkar

nahaz
March 18, 2010, 06:29 PM
why mashrafe in iPL ????

ans: almost the same reason u r in BC forum

As in, nothing better to do?lol..

Neel Here
March 18, 2010, 10:20 PM

bhai, ami jodi fast bowler hotam mash er moto, wasim akram er coaching KKR'e.......

any fast bowler would give an arm and a leg for that opportunity. ;)

wiseshah
March 18, 2010, 10:27 PM
bhai, ami jodi fast bowler hotam mash er moto, wasim akram er coaching KKR'e.......

any fast bowler would give an arm and a leg for that opportunity. ;)

sure, the way he shaped up Irfan pathan, coinfirmed him out of indian team and very soon from all format.

wiseshah
March 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
i hate people when they bash mashrafe. mashrafe doesnt deserve any kind of bashing, still not yet. he is way above criticism because of his 100% commitment. my full support with him

bujhee kom
March 18, 2010, 10:36 PM
Mashrafee went to IPL and KKR and I am very happy for him, for him I will now follow the KKR matches and wish him all the best and I hope he gets to play in as many games as possible and I hope he does very well and shine. this is something I think I definitely would be proud of, get more exposure, get a few games and be more and more competetive and hungrierfor success and perform.

Neel Here
March 18, 2010, 10:48 PM
sure, the way he shaped up Irfan pathan, coinfirmed him out of indian team and very soon from all format.

oh dear, irfan didn't listen to what akram asked him to do ! he asked him to bulk up and increase pace, irfan didn't do it. and the tips he did follow helped him for a long time to stay in the team. irfan went out of the team much later.

mishu
March 18, 2010, 11:03 PM
i know this might hurt some people, but i thing Bangladesh should give up test and focus ODI and twenty20 as these are the future of this game. In a fast world test matches has no place anymore... Just imagine this England team playing 5 twent20 games over five days, compared to this 1 test game played over 5 days. and for most average people is boring (not to me btw). Financially all 5 twenty20 games would generate much more of revenue...

Kana-Baba
March 18, 2010, 11:27 PM
i know this might hurt some people, but i thing bangladesh should give up test and focus odi and twenty20 as these are the future of this game. In a fast world test matches has no place anymore... Just imagine this england team playing 5 twent20 games over five days, compared to this 1 test game played over 5 days. And for most average people is boring (not to me btw). Financially all 5 twenty20 games would generate much more of revenue...

পুরান পাগল ভাত পায় না, আবার নতুন পাগলের আমদনি।

Bond
March 18, 2010, 11:55 PM
Mashrafe is there in ipl to play for kolkota knight rider, he get pay money and he come bangladesh and donate to charity. Mashrafi is bangladeshi he has honor and pride, only reason he left is because he wasn't selected in team, as a senior he was shown little respect, he did right thing.

nsd3
March 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
Mash should return being a better player and I believe he is able to do that. His wicket taking ability should increase before he comes back. He's been talking too mucha bout bowling in the right area blah blah blah....need wicket man. Our bowlers appear really toothless.

revolver
March 19, 2010, 04:32 AM
i can guarantee tamim will go ipl next season for sure

godzilla
March 19, 2010, 04:33 AM
IPL, why not? I would choose the money to, woudn't you? Sitting on the bench while getting payed.I mean common... who in the world offers almost a million buck doing that ... On the other hand, how did your argument shift to india not supporting us?

nannu
March 19, 2010, 05:28 AM
did someone saw him sitting in bench?

i did not.

he is not even in the stadium while is team is playing.

so whats the point?

Tiger Bhai
March 19, 2010, 05:47 AM
the reality is IPL or any PL is good for BD cricket and our players. Also with the help of Sharukh Khan he might even start acting on Dordorshan tv.

Faceoff
March 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
I was shocked to see Mashrafee's Bhuri in the first ODI. Looks like all that time he was eating lots of rice and very little work out. He shouldn't have been included in the Eng series with that kind of fitness.

Nafi
March 19, 2010, 10:19 AM

The result of Wasim Akram's mentoring

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6WXbDqfWj4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6WXbDqfWj4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BD-Shardul
March 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
Before screaming why Mash is in IPL, we need to put ourselves in the feet of Mash and decide if we could have been able to resist the temptation of $600K.

I might turn into a bekar pola withing 4-5 weeks. I really envy the job of Mashrafe. $600K for @$$ warming sitting in bench and lying in comfortable hotel beds?

AK420
March 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
IPL for wanna bes'. Mainstream australians, BD, Pak and so many other top quality players are not playing in it anyways

ialbd
March 19, 2010, 10:42 AM
did someone saw him sitting in bench?

i did not.

he is not even in the stadium while is team is playing.

so whats the point?

I still think the fact Mash being in KKR is something just above a rumor. He is in Kolkata, probably bowling in the nets to the KKR batsmen as well, but until you wear the jersey you are not part of the squad.... let alone be in the starting eleven.

bhai Mashrafee I know money talks.... but atleast comeback with some dignity...

Wakidul
March 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
Welcome to BC, Mohmoh.
Its nice to have you amongst us.

Pls be careful with your choice of words. A new member coming in and in his/her very first post, starts to use abusive language doesn't really do any good to the credibility of the member or the post.

We do have a number of minors here, so hope you'd keep that in mind.

It depends what u say as young. I am now almost 16 and i have heard a whole lot of swear words during my last 5 years or so.

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-PXF-9_iAq4/SYK4fanA3xI/AAAAAAAAAcI/eMA5J7FrxOk/s320/donkey-carrot.gif

This is what KKR doing keeping Mashrafee in it's team. catching eyes of Bangali spectators ,although we wont be lucky enough to watch our hero playing regularly . this is the marketing policy of IPL. *sigh*