PDA

View Full Version : Swann’s outburst and ..

acbizz
March 18, 2010, 10:28 AM
Here is a reply I have received from ICC after asking them why no action was taken by the match referee JJ Crowes against Swann’s outburst in the 1st test against Junaid S. I guess umpires, match referee & all the other officials went to temporary eyesight and hearing loss when this happened. it was so dramatic that even when they watch the replay on tv they experience the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
_,

Thanks for your email. It is up to the umpires to lay a charge against a player they feel has breached the code of conduct. It is the job of the match referee to follow up on those charges and hold a hearing. In this case the umpires did not lay a charge against any player.

Kind regards,
_ _

magic boy
March 18, 2010, 10:30 AM
any video clip of that incident available ?? wanna see

WarWolf
March 18, 2010, 10:32 AM
What to do against the Benias?

AK420
March 18, 2010, 10:38 AM
What was so special about the outburst

AK420
March 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
Here is a reply I have received from ICC after asking them why no action was taken by the match referee JJ Crowes against Swann’s outburst in the 1st test against Junaid S. I guess umpires, match referee & all the other officials went to temporary eyesight and hearing loss when this happened. it was so dramatic that even when they watch the replay on tv they experience the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
_,

Thanks for your email. It is up to the umpires to lay a charge against a player they feel has breached the code of conduct. It is the job of the match referee to follow up on those charges and hold a hearing. In this case the umpires did not lay a charge against any player.

Kind regards,
_ _

I doubt that you send an email

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 10:43 AM
No offense, but what a cry baby thread.

I thought Finn was a tad inappropriate (as anything remotely physical should), but what happens on the field should stay there. In fact, I was equally chagrined by Junaed's lack of retort. Such a sissy, such a waste of height.

But must we go crying every time someone swears at us on the field? Our guys need to man up.

BD-Shardul
March 18, 2010, 10:47 AM

I thought Finn was a tad inappropriate (as anything remotely physical should), but what happens on the field should stay there. In fact, I was equally chagrined by Junaed's lack of retort. Such a sissy, such a waste of height.

But must we go crying every time someone swears at us on the field? Our guys need to man up.

It is the fans who are cry babies. Our players have always responded manly to such swearing/sledging stuff.

BangladeshFan
March 18, 2010, 10:53 AM
he must have done great to earn that sledge lol. after our pathetic performance its a miracle that some england player even bothered to sledge.

auntu
March 18, 2010, 10:57 AM
I missed that.
I also thought it was Finn.

dolcevita
March 18, 2010, 11:01 AM
If prove that Bang really test hard england
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2010, 11:03 AM
I missed that.
I also thought it was Finn.
There was Finn and then there was Swann. Love how the names end in two n's.

Rabz
March 18, 2010, 11:04 AM
C'mon, they are flesh and blood too.
Momentary outburst is a part and parcel of it.
He apologised.
Whats the big deal??

betaar
March 18, 2010, 11:40 AM

Where was shibir when you need one? how come there was no jihad or fatwa against those to aforementioned players? j/k :-D

Orpheus
March 18, 2010, 01:29 PM

Asif Rahmann has spoken!!

Electrequiem
March 18, 2010, 01:30 PM
if zunaid can't defend himself, there's nothing we can do about it. ultimately, it comes down to those 10 seconds or so during when the sledging is taking place: if you don't have an appropriate reply then, don't cry about it later.

auntu
March 18, 2010, 01:35 PM
Usual funny English name. :)

Nocturnal
March 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
and Swann & Broad apologsies .....
DS Link 1 (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=130634)
DS Link 2 (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=130642)

auntu
March 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
Here's the Cricinfo article about the issue:

Swann apologises for celebration outburst

Andrew Miller in Chittagong (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/story/452195.html?cmp=fbc_updates#)
March 16, 2010
[/URL]

<table style="margin-top: 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td height="1" width="10">
</td> <td class="phototbl"> http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/115200/115221.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn"> Graeme Swann was England's matchwinner with 10 wickets in the match <nobr>© Getty Images</nobr>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2"> <!-- Related links panel -->
[URL="http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/series/426373.html"]
(http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/story/452195.html?cmp=fbc_updates#comments)

(http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/team/1.html)

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> As a man who once feared his international career would be limited to five wicketless overs in a forgotten ODI in Bloemfontein, Graeme Swann is in a hurry to make up for lost time. So much so, that even when the conditions have seemingly been designed to slow him down, he still continues to take strides into the history books. On Tuesday in Chittagong, he completed the first ten-wicket haul of his career (having earlier in the game bagged a wicket in the first over of a spell for the 18th occasion in 17 Tests) to emulate the late, great Jim Laker, the last England offspinner to achieve such a feat, in 1956.
Laker, as it happens, grabbed the small matter of 19 for 90 on that famous occasion at Old Trafford to secure match figures that may never be equalled. But he would at least have sympathised with the hard toil that Swann had to put in to get his rewards, having whirled his way through 51.2 overs in Australia's second innings of that match, compared to Swann's 49 on days four and five in Chittagong.
"I certainly didn't realise I was the first since Jim Laker, so to be in that esteemed company is a really nice feeling," Swann said. "But I wasn't thinking about that when I was bowling. All I was thinking about was how on earth are we going to break this partnership that has lasted for four-and-a-half hours, so to get through that and end up with ten was the icing on the cake."

Read full (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshveng2010/content/story/452195.html?cmp=fbc_updates)

acbizz
March 18, 2010, 03:00 PM
I guess we are missing the point of here (or at least my post’s point).
It is not about

1. Zunaid not getting back to Swann. Not everyone’s mentality is same. I advise him to google "Miandad vs Lillee" image and get inspiration for the next time.
2. It is not about how frustrated England was because of his marathon batting. Bangladeshi players are always frustrated about the umpires numerous wrong decision and are they suppose to show the frustration? I believe Shakib was warned in the ODI by match referee in the terms of code of conduct
3. And certainly not about Swann’s apology. Do I care?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It just shows how bias the ICC referee and umpires are. If the same treatment was given by a
Sub-continent players to other, 85% chances are you will get fined or warned even if the umpire did not report to match referee. And I am pretty much sure I can dig up few incidents from the past. I want one of the Bangladeshi player said F.U caught in the camera (of course out of frustration and later apology) to any of the English players @ Lords. My preference is Mushfiqur to Cook or Strauss. thanks for everyone's input :)

bangla-red
March 18, 2010, 03:29 PM
Jeez, he just swore. Big deal. Was it even at Big Z?

Equinox
March 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
I agree with Asif bhai. These things are a part of the game and I think our players deal with it quite well, barring Tamim and Shakib (although Tamim didn't offer much reaction to the sledging from the English in this match). However it is the inconsistency from the ICC when it comes to decision making which pisses me off. How many of you remember this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/ban_v_eng_2003/3228183.stm

Mohammad Rafique was fined half of his match fee for pointing towards the dressing room after dismissing Mark Butcher. What Swann did was much worse.

And I am still surprised why there has been no action taken against Steve Finn.

bangla-red
March 18, 2010, 04:04 PM
Lol, did anyone see the bit at the bottom? Deja vu?

cricket_king
March 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
I remember Shahadat swearing at Dravid too, and no one really cared. Karma for the fans baby. :up:

godzilla
March 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
I pity this thread. Just cause someone swear's at you, you don't have to go crying to
mom ...

t697318
March 18, 2010, 09:30 PM
can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what did swann said that he apologized for?

kalpurush
March 19, 2010, 12:38 AM
I doubt that you send an email
And why (what reason/s) you are thinking like ^^^ that?!:doh:

Bond
March 19, 2010, 12:45 AM
swanna played really good cricket and he bowled over 70 overs, he alone beat bangladesh, we were not good enough. he should not be fine because he plays for the Queen and god save the queen

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 01:04 AM
Swann was very right to act the way he did and express joy and success emotion after the all those scalps, as Bond bhai above said, Swann beat us single handedly, very true, I think we BD team, well-wishers need to be more prompt about accepting these sorts of expressions by the oppositions, we need to grow a thicker skin. And I don't know why and what Swann apologized for, but that was a very nice gentlemanlike gesture from him. I must say I used to for some reason strongly dislike the English team but now I must say that I have seen soem of these players very closely and listened to them and watch how they behave and express about Bangladesh and cricket among common folks , I have begun to like them and notice them induvidually for the first time. Like for example Sidebottom, Broad and Cook and a few others have been very warm and enthusiastic toward the Bangladesh youth and cricket among them! Sidebottom said some of the things which seemed very genuine to me, he said that after doing these and seeing these among general rural kids the desire to play Cricket only made him realize how much he needs to go back to his own home and reach out to the people and do volunteer and public work, I think it was very refreshing and encouraging to hear that from him.

By the way I really like a lot of Bond bhai's amazingly energyfilled, refreshing, witty and playful posts!

tiger_2007
March 19, 2010, 02:10 AM

Spot on. Our players should charge back ! Tamim won't let it go !

zainab
March 19, 2010, 06:07 AM
Pieterson said that it was a game for men, not girls, Australia sledges worst and I think it is great fun when the Brits and Australia play each other, they hammer away at each other. Matt Prior used to be very naughty wicket keeper, but he sort of cooled down since that jelly bean incident in England in the match against India. Of course, Australia tried it against India and BCB had a private plane waiting to get the team away from Australia. What fun that was!

Ananna
March 19, 2010, 06:15 AM
It happens due to emition,no matter who the opposition is. Besieds, he apologized after the match. He is a true gentle man.

al Furqaan
March 19, 2010, 07:56 PM

compared to finn, junaid is a mushfiq-heighter.

smart move on siddiquee's part. another 50 runs from his bat would have been sweeter tho.

fishyguy
March 19, 2010, 08:02 PM
Lame thread

Zunaid
March 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
This thread pretty much epitomizes why we fans should not be allowed to breed. - as myself.

Orpheus
March 19, 2010, 08:49 PM
This thread pretty much epitomizes why we fans should not be allowed to breed. - as myself.

but I like to breed :(

Zunaid
March 19, 2010, 08:57 PM
but I like to breed :(

But you know you can't. Wait for advances in genetics.

Orpheus
March 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
But you know you can't.

but how do YOU know I can't - that is the bigger question.

Banglatiger84
March 20, 2010, 03:12 PM
Swann was very right to act the way he did and express joy and success emotion after the all those scalps, as Bond bhai above said, Swann beat us single handedly, very true, I think we BD team, well-wishers need to be more prompt about accepting these sorts of expressions by the oppositions, we need to grow a thicker skin. !

Joy and success emotion = swearing?

That said the main issue is not that he swore, but that subcontinental players have often been punished for less,Rafique's case being an example

Bruno
March 20, 2010, 04:51 PM

What a waste of.... height? LOL love that one

nahaz
March 20, 2010, 05:30 PM

I'm really glad Junaed didn't react to any abuse. Shows his class, plus his concentration on cricket. Unlike some other players.

International cricketers often do that when they get a worthy adversary out. You wouldn't see it when one gets Imrul out in tests, unless its some idiot like Watson....

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 05:34 PM
KP is in trouble for saying Test cricket is not for girls :lol:

Pietersen's sexist remark angers women cricketers (http://www.ndtv.com/news/sports/pietersens-sexist-remark-angers-women-cricketers-18147.php)

Nafi
March 20, 2010, 05:55 PM
KP is in trouble for saying Test cricket is not for girls :lol:

Pietersen's sexist remark angers women cricketers (http://www.ndtv.com/news/sports/pietersens-sexist-remark-angers-women-cricketers-18147.php)

I think its a great way for them to get a tan. :D

Serious: He meant little sissy girls, not women as a gender.