PDA

View Full Version : Shakib does not deserve to be a captain!

AK420
March 18, 2010, 11:06 AM
Who in the world had ever made Shakib, our best cricketer VC anyway. Without Mash, he has to be the captain. We might have thought he would be a good one, with reference to our progress in 2009, but in 2010, he was totally hopeless.
Before taking up Captaincy, he has been a captain only once. I thing he is has been assigned such post because of his performance, not captaincy skill. BD has enjoyed losses in every match in this year.

PS: When a team wins, we hail the captain. When it lose, we boo at him but sometimes we do praise. But Shakib does not need any praise. He fails to play well when his team needs him the post. He has spoiled so many tosses, especially in the tri series. Come on, we could have won against India if it hadnt been for Shakib's decision. He does not even deserve captaincy. Even Mushy would handle captaincy better!:mad:

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 11:25 AM
Who in the world had ever made Shakib, our best cricketer VC anyway. Without Mash, he has to be the captain. We might have thought he would be a good one, with reference to our progress in 2009, but in 2010, he was totally hopeless.
Before taking up Captaincy, he has been a captain only once. I thing he is has been assigned such post because of his performance, not captaincy skill. BD has enjoyed losses in every match in this year.

PS: When a team wins, we hail the captain. When it lose, we boo at him but sometimes we do praise. But Shakib does not need any praise. He fails to play well when his team needs him the post. He has spoiled so many tosses, especially in the tri series. Come on, we could have won against India if it hadnt been for Shakib's decision. He does not even deserve captaincy. Even Mushy would handle captaincy better!:mad:

can u recommend anybody else at this moment...... who has captained more than once ??? what makes u think mushy would be good captain, may be captaincy will make him miss more catch and stumpings and also make his batting weak ???

billah
March 18, 2010, 11:27 AM
The "Ajaira Poll" option is missing....

betaar
March 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
Dude, this is meaningless. As much as I criticized Shakib in other threads, there's none better than him atm. Mash was a bad choice for captaincy, I know I don't have any proof of that since he never got to fulfill his duty, but he never had any captaincy potency. But I guess to be fair he should get his chance if Shakib turns out to be real bad at it.
Yes, Shiakib did make some bad decisions as an on field captain while the games were in progress, but I must defend his toss calls. I don’t think, though I could be wrong since I don’t have insider info, Shakib enjoys that much liberty to decide on his own what the team should do upon winning the toss, it’s a mgmt (meaning him, Siddons, Shujon and vc) decision before the toss is even flipped. So don’t blame him solely.

BD-Shardul
March 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/bishonno/COPYRIGHTKDPP-2.jpg?t=1268932765

Ashfaq
March 18, 2010, 12:41 PM
^^ what he said. Where's the "Mind your own Effing business" option in the poll?

_Rafi_
March 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
Amar vaier thread khular por Shakib form fire paisilo. Ekon AK420 vai thread khulsen Shakib er captaincy nia. Now I am real optimistic here that we are gonna win the test.
Thanks AK420 vai. Very timely thread

ahms
March 18, 2010, 02:21 PM
Simply back off.

sufism
March 18, 2010, 02:23 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/bishonno/COPYRIGHTKDPP-2.jpg?t=1268932765

That is exactly what came to my mind. Unfortunately, the standard of BC forum has been going down over the last couple of years. Too many unnecessary threads. Too many immature and naive members. People getting confrontational more often. Sad.

reyme
March 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
Kaj nai to khoi vaj

M.H.Rubel
March 18, 2010, 02:34 PM
We are helpless we have no option other than Shakib anyway i hate the idea of giving captaincy to a player under 25.It was nice if Shakib was the captain on Bangladesh U-23.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

chol_bd123
March 18, 2010, 04:14 PM
he makes good decisions when he bowls well.

nycpro96
March 18, 2010, 05:53 PM
When Shakib is on a roll he does everything well. When he bats and scores 35-40 he comes out bowling and fielding like a champ.

kazis2007
March 18, 2010, 08:17 PM
congrasulation it is one of da worst thred in bc 2010
pls claim ur prize
sdhfsghfkjfsjkffjkfj
lol
ajaira thred

wiseshah
March 18, 2010, 08:52 PM
i dont like shakib's toss decision, otherwise his bowler rotation is excellent. i think if mash is fit, he should get back his captaincy, otherwise there is no other player in the team to be captain.

mishu
March 18, 2010, 09:27 PM
he is the best we've got at the moment, yes he might make mistake but he is young, most likely the youngest captain in the world?..

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:30 PM
mushfiq could be and should be our next captain..... but after mushfiq becomes 25+

mushfiq was the captain when shakib was in u-19. thats why u can see mushfiq has a say in the field settings. the two have a good understanding

Ajfar
March 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
dude you make Zeeshan bhai's thread look like super duper cool.

kalpurush
March 19, 2010, 12:31 AM
i dont like shakib's toss decision.
Did he ever made one?!!

It's out coach, manager and BCB officials who ^^^ do that...

Blaming Ice Man alone is a sin!!!;)

Bond
March 19, 2010, 12:41 AM
Ashraful was a better captain than Shakib. I remember him making good bowling changes and field changes also his after match speeches were very pleasant. Ashraful has a good vocabulary compared to Shakib, Shakib only says "we played very good cricket" compared to Ash he goes into the depth of the solutuon and tries to give a better explanation of defeats. We miss you Ash

kiriket
March 19, 2010, 02:06 AM
This is sad. This forum is becoming silly day by day. Are we silly by nation? no. Most likely some members here are under-aged and passing meaningless life.

godzilla
March 19, 2010, 04:06 AM
Not much of a thread to talk about. But I have a questions for the BC members who keeps nagging about the toss always . HONESTLY, DO YOU PPL ACTUALY THINK THAT HE MAKES THE DECISION ON HIS OWN? THE COACH, THE TEAM MEMBERS, THE STAFFS, ETC HAS NO INFLUENCE ON THE DECISION?? ... honestly ... think for a while then asnwer it ...

TIME TO GIVE THIS SUBJECT A BREAK.

p,s : WHAT HAPPEND TO THOSE GOOD OLD THREAD WHICH USED TO BE FULL OF STATISTICS AND NOT FULL OF FEELINGS WHICH I ENJOYED READING :)

Tiger Bhai
March 19, 2010, 05:59 AM
open ur eye's plzzz..Shakib is... THE BEST CAPTAIN IN THE WORLD or in construction!

Ananna
March 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
Although I dont like shakib's captaincy at certain time, he is still the best person to lead our country.

auntu
March 19, 2010, 06:43 AM
[বাংলা]"মানুষ হও।"[/বাংলা]

AK420
March 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
Shakib should go through captaincy training

Ananna
March 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
I just changed my BC member profile and remove sakib from my fav. players list. He is such an irresponsible idiot.

rockNrolla
March 20, 2010, 05:45 AM
Ashraful was a better captain than Shakib. I remember him making good bowling changes and field changes also his after match speeches were very pleasant. Ashraful has a good vocabulary compared to Shakib, Shakib only says "we played very good cricket" compared to Ash he goes into the depth of the solutuon and tries to give a better explanation of defeats. We miss you Ash

buddy plz get your head outta ash's rear end to see the reality.. living in that bubble ain't good for either ya or ur idol!! /:)

dark mage
March 20, 2010, 06:21 AM
Definitely Shakib should continue to be the captain, he is the best person for the job atm. I like Shakib as the captain. International media already calls Bangladesh as Shakib's Bangladesh

BangladeshFan
March 20, 2010, 07:28 AM
lol 82% want him to remain captain. so they dont agree with you.

AK420
March 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
lol 82% want him to remain captain. so they dont agree with you.

If I am wrong, then Bangladesh should have prospered under his captaincy. He keeps on saying that BD is improving despite seeing the team failing ever match. His batting has detoriated with the immense pressure of captaincy.

dark mage
March 20, 2010, 10:31 AM
If I am wrong, then Bangladesh should have prospered under his captaincy. He keeps on saying that BD is improving despite seeing the team failing ever match. His batting has detoriated with the immense pressure of captaincy.

Bangladesh HAS improved under his captaincy, winning isnt the only way you measure improvent. Just ask the pommies, they will vouch for this fact, that this present Bangladesh team is aot better than the past two generations of Bangladesh teams that the British played against. We definitely have improved and almost all our batsmen are alot more consistent. You say Shakib's battting has suffered? Gimme a break, he scored a 50 and a 100 in the NZ tour, didnt do much in the last test match and scored a 40 in this match, and you still say he is inconsistent? He gets 5 wickets almost every innings, just last match in the 2nd innings he got a 4-wicket haul. In the On-day series, the umpires got his wicket. Our batting order is definitely the consistent we have had in years, however, I admit our bowling department has indeed deteriorated, apart from Shakib, we dont have a single world-class bowler. If we had a decent bowling line-up trust me, we would be already winning matches. Its the bowling and fielding that's letting us down, what can the captain do if one of his fast-bowlers bows really fast but sprays it all around, what can a captain do if his another fast-bowler keeps giving atleast two loose balls every over, what can a captain do if one of his fast bowlers grunts like Saharapova but bowls at 125km/hr, what can a captain do if one of his best left-arm ODI spinners dsuddenly stop performing after changing action, what can a captain do if his fielders keep dropping catches. I have rarely seen Shakib drop a catch, or bowl badly, he bats irresponsibly at times, but that's his style and he is pretty consistent.

Morpheous
March 20, 2010, 10:36 AM

Why dont you buy some weed...smoke it and get high...and go be the Captain of BD

What a Stupid thread....

BanCricFan
March 21, 2010, 12:42 AM
Shakib lacks intelligence and commonsense and has attitude problems. Not captaincy material at all. Mushfique would be a much better option.

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 12:49 AM
simply outrageous...if Sakib is not the captain then who will be?
Mushy is good for the vice captain.
Yes, Sakib is not a Vettori yet, but he is matuing with bat, ball and intelligence.

Antora
March 21, 2010, 12:50 AM
Shakib does not deserve to be Captain.. hell no!!! Make Shafiul captain because Shakib is not good enough!
Seriously dude..wth?

BangladeshFan
March 21, 2010, 05:55 AM
well sakib can make wrong decisions, may not behave captainlike etc etc. but one thing u cant disagree is that he has lots of guts and he works hard. this is the character which you need in a captain the most. this gets rubbed on others hopefully.

BanCricFan
March 21, 2010, 09:01 AM
well sakib can make wrong decisions, may not behave captainlike etc etc. but one thing u cant disagree is that he has lots of guts and he works hard. this is the character which you need in a captain the most. this gets rubbed on others hopefully.

Guts without brains useless most of the time. He throws his wickets daily when his team needs substantial contributions from him. When did Shak play a captains innings??

Dont worry I'm an admirer of Talented Mr. Hasan but not a blind fan.