PDA

View Full Version : Jahurul Islam set for debut

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 05:18 AM
Current/Forthcoming Tours

England in Bangladesh, 2010
Jahurul Islam set for debut
Batsman Jahirul Islam will become the 58th cricketer to don the Test cap for Bangladesh when the second and final Test of the Beximco Series gets underway at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur tomorrow (Saturday).
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/ENG_IN_BD/tour.php)

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 05:18 AM

19 March 2010
Batsman Jahirul Islam will become the 58th cricketer to don the Test cap for Bangladesh when the second and final Test of the Beximco Series gets underway at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur tomorrow (Saturday).
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/ENG_IN_BD/tour.php)

auntu
March 19, 2010, 05:36 AM
Geat decision by Bagh mama.

Aftab was never a test batsman. So the question is should Jahur bat at no#4 or Mushy should bat at no#4 and Jahur should bat at no#6 or 7.

I'm also hopful Shafiul would do better in Test than Shahadat. At the moment Shafiul has the most variation in the squad.

auntu
March 19, 2010, 05:50 AM
[বাংলা]মিরাজ ভাই ডাবল সুতা হয়ে গিয়েছে।[/বাংলা]

beshideshi
March 19, 2010, 05:57 AM
In recent times, we won Nayeem's debut game, we won Rubel's debut game, we almost won Shuvo' debut game. [Only exception, Shafiul]
So hopefully we will win Jahurul' debut game as well :)

mahbubH
March 19, 2010, 06:04 AM
i have never seen him play. hope he is not that talented.

Ananna
March 19, 2010, 06:05 AM
Good luck to Jahurul.
Hopefully he can produce the result we have been expecting for long time at No. 4.

abu2abu
March 19, 2010, 06:12 AM
I expect he'll keep wicket from time to time during the test match.

With Mushy and Jahurul sharing keeping duties, we may even see Mushy bowl an over or two!

Good luck Johurul..

Bashie
March 19, 2010, 06:26 AM
That Lad doesn't keep anymore guys. Trust me I know him very well. He left keeping becoz of injuries. He has back injuries which disturbes him time to time. He started cricket with my younger brother in Rajshahi Boikali

Bashie
March 19, 2010, 06:29 AM
His coach NURU will be very proud of him by now

gunda
March 19, 2010, 06:45 AM
Not expecting anything from this kid until i see him myself, Shuvo was so overhyped in this forum so much so that i got brainwashed believing he was the saviour of BD cricket, But after i saw him play, He cudn't even spin the damn ball. So i'll keep my reservation on him until i see it myself.

abu2abu
March 19, 2010, 06:45 AM
That Lad doesn't keep anymore guys. Trust me I know him very well. He left keeping becoz of injuries. He has back injuries which disturbes him time to time. He started cricket with my younger brother in Rajshahi Boikali

Well, that may be true, but he was seen practising his keeping in the nets earlier this week, so something is being planned...

Rabz
March 19, 2010, 06:53 AM
Best of luck to Jahurul.
His hard work paid off.

Hope he can make a memorable debut.

mahbubH
March 19, 2010, 06:56 AM
Zunaed,Zahurul,Mushy,Shafiul,and Naeem : 5 Rajshahi players in the first 11.

auntu
March 19, 2010, 06:57 AM
In recent times, we won Nayeem's debut game, we won Rubel's debut game, we almost won Shuvo' debut game. [Only exception, Shafiul]
So hopefully we will win Jahurul' debut game as well :)
Good catch. :)

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 06:59 AM
Not expecting anything from this kid until i see him myself, Shuvo was so overhyped in this forum so much so that i got brainwashed believing he was the saviour of BD cricket, But after i saw him play, He cudn't even spin the damn ball. So i'll keep my reservation on him until i see it myself.

This will be a big test for our domestic cricket. Jahurul has payed 60 first class macthes which is a very significant number. He has been a consistent performer of our domestic circuit and has FC average of 36.34 which is decent.

He is making debut at the age of 24 which is also good. He should be a more matured cricketer at this age compared to his team-mates who made their debut as teenagers.

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 07:01 AM

Makes sesne as Rajshahi is our top NCL team for the last 5 years.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 07:09 AM
so 4 virtual openers in the side ????????

i think in near future you will see everybody will want to be opening batsman or SLA bowler in bangladesh

M.H.Rubel
March 19, 2010, 08:01 AM
This will be a big test for our domestic cricket. Jahurul has payed 60 first class macthes which is a very significant number. He has been a consistent performer of our domestic circuit and has FC average of 36.34 which is decent.

He is making debut at the age of 24 which is also good. He should be a more matured cricketer at this age compared to his team-mates who made their debut as teenagers.

Yes everything supports that he has come through the right channel he was our academy player as well.I am egar to watch his performance as well cause really it will be a big test for our domestic cricket.Hope he will be able to make his big domestic success to an international success.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

auntu
March 19, 2010, 08:11 AM
Good luck Jahirul. Good decision bagh mama.

I would like to see Mushy batting at no#4 and Jahirul batting at 6 or 7.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 08:15 AM
Good luck Jahirul. Good decision bagh mama.

I would like to see Mushy batting at no#4 and Jahirul batting at 6 or 7.

looks like that wont happen. the 4 openers will play at 1,2,3,4

zman
March 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
Wow...gotta give it to the selectors this time...they did a very good job...I tip my hat to them...only thing I would've done different is include a W/K batsman and let Mushfiq focus on batting alone.

magic boy
March 19, 2010, 08:50 AM
Bangkladesh playing XI for 2nd Test: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Mushfiqur Rahim (Vice Captain/WK), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Zunaed Siddique, Jahirul Islam, Mahmud Ullah, Neem Islam, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain.

what a bunch of selectors we have! They've spoiled opportunities of other player by keeping Aftab match after match.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 08:56 AM
Welcome aboard. Don't be a sissy. Learn from Tamim and Mushy and mah man Mah Man and be a man, do the right thing, make a hundred.

zman
March 19, 2010, 09:03 AM
what a bunch of selectors we have! They've spoiled opportunities of other player by keeping Aftab match after match.
I'd rather have a team full of players who are talented plus hardworking/patient/persevering as opposed to those possessing "supreme?!!!" talent by our standards (likes of Ash, SN, Aftab) and lacking these all important virtues...kudos to the selectors for getting it almost right this time.

tiger_army
March 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
All these years peoples are crying for Shuvo, Jaharul, Faisal... First one is a big flop...
Lets see what he does. As Miraz vai said his performance will be the true reflection of our domestic league.

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 09:10 AM
i have never seen him play. hope he is not that talented.

Hope he is not that talented like Ash/Aftab///:shh:

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 09:13 AM
Johu Kakka will shine.....

cricket_pagol
March 19, 2010, 09:16 AM
I like the team, except Abdul Razzak, he was really inconsistent during the last test match.

Ajfar
March 19, 2010, 09:19 AM
^^^ I agree. I don't think razzak will make much of a difference. I hope i'm wrong.

Shaan
March 19, 2010, 09:21 AM
Wish him best luck, hope that he shows us his well deserve inclusion. Not expecting too much..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Raynman
March 19, 2010, 09:41 AM
Wish him the best of luck. A new firepower in the batting line up is always welcome and with Siddons being now forced to play Mushy and Riad up the order we may finally get to that stable line up need.

Hopefully, this will allow us to strenghten the bowling unit as well by taking the pressure off to select a team that bats way too deep.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 10:06 AM
Wish him the best of luck. A new firepower in the batting line up is always welcome and with Siddons being now forced to play Mushy and Riad up the order we may finally get to that stable line up need.

Hopefully, this will allow us to strenghten the bowling unit as well by taking the pressure off to select a team that bats way too deep.
All good signs, Raynman bhai. Siddons finally understands. Now I can stop banging my poor skull on the wall and peeling my skin with a carving knife. Independence day!

Naimul_Hd
March 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
aste aste shob non performer gula jhore jachche....dekhte valoi lagche...1st e SN, then ASH, ekhon Aftab....if Jahurul can manage something like Mahmudullah...wow tht would be gr8 !

BD-Shardul
March 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
All the best Jahurul. Hope you will open your account in style :)

AK420
March 19, 2010, 10:15 AM
Perhaps its too late to get him into the team. I believe that he is a better replacement for naeem(in tests).

BD-Shardul
March 19, 2010, 10:17 AM
aste aste shob non performer gula jhore jachche....dekhte valoi lagche...1st e SN, then ASH, ekhon Aftab....if Jahurul can manage something like Mahmudullah...wow tht would be gr8 !

Sooner or later, this was bound to happen. Millions of loyal fans, epic poems about talents, articles after articles about technical solidity--nothing in this world can save a player if he cannot produce performance in the field.

Ajfar
March 19, 2010, 10:35 AM
Asif bhai how did your son take the news that he can't keep in this match?

Miraz
March 19, 2010, 10:39 AM
Perhaps its too late to get him into the team. I believe that he is a better replacement for naeem(in tests).

It's way too late. He should have been handed Test cap at the age of 15. Not only Naeem, he is an ideal replacement for every future Test cricketer who are hard working and put a price on their wicket. However, it is a really a bad move that he is replacing one of the talented players of the team (Aftab) who are supposed to play regardless of their performances.

Tiger Manc
March 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Great news hopefully he can cement his place in the team. If he performs and Imrul gets some runs on the board, effectively we've got rid of all our deadwoods and non-performers. I'm glad the management have shown faith in Imrul, I think he will deliver in this Test. If Shuvo were to break into the team in the future instead of Razzak, that would mean we have 8 and a half batsman. Hopefully we can start scoring 400 runs on a regular basis.

rashed411
March 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
It's way too late. He should have been handed Test cap at the age of 15. Not only Naeem, he is an ideal replacement for every future Test cricketer who are hard working and put a price on their wicket. However, it is a really a bad move that he is replacing one of the talented players of the team (Aftab) who are supposed to play regardless of their performances.

lool, liking the sarcasm. :-p

KnightBD
March 19, 2010, 10:55 AM
Good luck to Jahirul. :up:

I hope he can handle bouncers well....

AK420
March 19, 2010, 11:05 AM

Dont forget, Aftab is the best player we have for T20 along with Shakib and Tamim. Riad(Better in longer versions), Naeem(so called good players) and so on does not have the talent but the performance. But Aftab is for short not longer version of the game.

Short is for short people

betaar
March 19, 2010, 11:15 AM

I hope you are kidding. I can use some sarcasm on Friday (oh, the day I've been waiting for, it's the day before I go to a weeklong Hawaii trip :wave:).

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 11:32 AM

Miraz bhai jaa bolechen dada!

bujhee kom
March 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
Bismillah, best of luck to our Jahurul Islam, Tiger Test cricketer # 58, Allah be with you.

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 12:54 PM
Kal Zokhon:
Johu Kakkka marbe anda,
BC ra shob marbe danda.

Next Test e:
Johu Kakkka half-century
Nachbe BC'r bura-buri

Pls be patient n kind to the lad
he'll shine, n we'll feel glad

"Mark my word" (dont merge me to that section...:( )

_Rafi_
March 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
How BD will be run without batteries(AAA)?

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 01:24 PM
How BD will be run without batteries(AAA)?
:) Good question. Is it the first time we are playing without any of them?

auntu
March 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
I like one thing about Jahurul is his age. He is having a matured age of 24. Good for the team.
I hope JS would size his technical problems (if he has any).

bdtiger
March 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
Nice to see Jahurul in the team. Hope our batting and fielding will be stronger. Make a history Jahurul...

wiseshah
March 19, 2010, 02:08 PM
Actually I have high hope for jahurul.At under 19 level shakib was only batsman and very occassional bowler , even mehrab jr used to bowl more than him
sabbir Rahman included under 19 team As a bowlerbut turned out to be one of the finest batsman.
Shuvo was more like a bowler and he is better in longer format
ash and kapali included in the team as a bowler but u know the outcome
naeem didn't bowl that many over even in his life time, thebowling he did for national team
mahmudulah was offspinner but turned out tone finest test batsmanand allrounder
who knows maybe jahurul will turnout to be best wktkeeper batsman
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

HereWeGo
March 19, 2010, 02:33 PM
Actually I have high hope for jahurul.At under 19 level shakib was only batsman and very occassional bowler , even mehrab jr used to bowl more than him
sabbir Rahman included under 19 team As a bowlerbut turned out to be one of the finest batsman.
Shuvo was more like a bowler and he is better in longer format
ash and kapali included in the team as a bowler but u know the outcome
naeem didn't bowl that many over even in his life time, thebowling he did for national team
mahmudulah was offspinner but turned out tone finest test batsmanand allrounder
who knows maybe jahurul will turnout to be best wktkeeper batsman

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Fact check: Ash was mainly a batsmen at the U17 and U19 level.....

Green Tea
March 19, 2010, 03:16 PM
Jahurul Islam
Batting and fielding averages
----------- Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 Ct St
First-class 60 110 11 3598 139 36.34 7422 48.47 7 24 62 2
List A 34 34 1 757 89 22.93 1061 71.34 0 6 13 0

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 03:20 PM
Sixty first class games. That's a good number for someone who hasn't made a Test debut, at least in our standards. The selectors have done the right thing in not picking him, say, after ten games or so.

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 03:24 PM
Charlie Randall's report from 2007 England A-team's tour of Bangladesh -

Omee is Stuart Broad 'Bunny' (http://www.charlierandall.org/blogcontrol.asp?viewsingleitem=1&BlogItemID=201)

Hopefully Aumi will do better against Broad this time.

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 03:32 PM
[বাংলা]‘মায়ের কারণেই এত দূর’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-03-19-18-24-19-028539800-jahurul.jpg

ঘরোয়া লিগে পরীক্ষিত পারফর্মারদের একজন, জাতীয় দলে আসি-আসি করছেনও অনেক দিন। সেই ডাকটা পেলেন নাটকীয়ভাবে, সিরিজের মাঝখানে। আজ টেস্ট অভিষেকও হয়ে যাচ্ছে তাঁর। দীর্ঘদিনের স্বপ্ন পূরণের খবর শোনার পর জহুরুল ইসলাম জানালেন তাঁর অনুভূতি, বললেন অতীত আর ভবিষ্যত্ নিয়ে...

টেস্ট অভিষেক হচ্ছে, কেমন লাগছে?
জহুরুল: খুব ভালো লাগছে। অন্যান্য ভালো লাগার মতো নয়, অন্যরকম এক ভালো লাগা। টেস্ট খেলাটা অনেক দিনের স্বপ্ন। সেই স্বপ্ন পূরণ হওয়ার আনন্দ অন্যরকম।

এত তাড়াতাড়ি টেস্ট অভিষেক হয়ে যাচ্ছে, অবাক লাগছে না?
জহুরুল: আসলে আমার তো মনে হয়, আমি একটু দেরিতেই ডাক পেলাম। নয় বছর ধরে আমি জাতীয় লিগ খেলছি, ‘এ’ দলে প্রথম খেলেছি ২০০৫ সালে। আমার চেয়ে কম বয়সেও তো কতজন খেলে ফেলল। আমি সব সময় পারফর্মও করেছি, তবে হয়তো ধারাবাহিক ছিলাম না। এবার ধারাবাহিক রান করেছি বলেই হয়তো ডাক পেয়েছি।

দলে ডাক পাওয়ার খবরটা কীভাবে পেয়েছিলেন?
জহুরুল: জাতীয় লিগের ফাইনালের শেষ দিন রাতে প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিক ভাই (রফিকুল আলম) ফোন করে বললেন মানসিকভাবে প্রস্তুত থাকতে, ডাকা হতে পারে। পরে আবার ফোন করে নিশ্চিত করেছেন।

এই দুই ফোনকলের মাঝের সময়টা কীভাবে কেটেছে?
জহুরুল: একটু টেনশন হচ্ছিল, অস্থির সময় কেটেছে।

সিরিজের মাঝখানে এভাবে ডাক পেয়ে অবাক লাগেনি?
জহুরুল: রকিবুল অবসর নেওয়াতেই তো ডাক পেলাম। দল ঘোষণা হয়ে গেছে, ভেবেছিলাম এবার অন্তত আর হলো না। সিরিজের মাঝখানে ডাক পাওয়াটা তো অবাক করার মতোই।

টেস্ট খেলাটা অনেক দিনের স্বপ্ন বললেন, ঠিক কত দিনের মনে পড়ে?
জহুরুল: যেদিন থেকে ক্রিকেটটা বুঝতে শিখেছি। যখন বুঝলাম টেস্ট ক্রিকেটটাই সবচেয়ে মর্যাদার, সবচেয়ে কঠিনও; সেদিন থেকেই স্বপ্ন।

৬০টি প্রথম শ্রেণীর ম্যাচ খেলে টেস্টে নামছেন, এটা নিশ্চয়ই সাহায্য করবে?
জহুরুল: তা তো অবশ্যই। আগেই বলেছি, আমি একটু দেরিতেই ডাক পেলাম। বাংলাদেশে ১৪-১৫টা প্রথম শ্রেণীর ম্যাচ খেলে প্রায় সবাই সুযোগ পেয়ে যায়। এত দিন ধরে বড় দৈর্ঘ্যের ম্যাচ খেলে আসছি, এই অভিজ্ঞতা সাহায্য তো করবেই। তবে আমি আগে থেকেই কিছু বলতে চাই না, আগে তো পারফর্ম করতে হবে।

একাদশে থাকায় আপনার উইকেটকিপিংয়েরও একটা ভূমিকা আছে বলে শোনা যাচ্ছে...
জহুরুল: ভূমিকা আছে কি না জানি না। তবে কিপিংটা আমি মোটামুটি নিয়মিতই করি। এবার প্রিমিয়ার লিগে বিমানের হয়ে ১৬ ম্যাচের ১২টিতেই কিপিং করেছি, মুশফিকও আমাদের দলেই ছিল, কিন্তু ও ইনজুর্ড ছিল। সামনে পিসিএলেও ব্রাদার্সের মূল উইকেটকিপার আমিই। পাইলট ভাই-ধীমান দুজনেই রাজশাহী দলে বলে এবার জাতীয় লিগেই শুধু কিপিংটা সেভাবে করা হয়নি।

আপনার নিজের কাছে কোনটা আগে?
জহুরুল: অবশ্যই ব্যাটিং। উইকেটকিপার-ব্যাটসম্যান নই, আমি নিজেকে মনে করি ব্যাটসম্যান-উইকেটকিপার।

টেস্ট অভিষেকের মাহেন্দ্রক্ষণে কার কথা সবচেয়ে বেশি মনে পড়ছে?
জহুরুল: অবশ্যই আমার মা। কেউ চাইত না আমি খেলাধুলা করি। একমাত্র মা-ই সব সময় আমাকে সমর্থন দিয়ে গেছে, বলেছেন মন দিয়ে খেলে যেতে। মায়ের কারণেই এত দূর আসা। বাবা খেলা-টেলা একদম পছন্দ করতেন না, চাইতেন শুধু পড়াশোনাটাই করি। অনূর্ধ্ব-১৭ দলে ডাক পেয়ে ঢাকা আসার সময় বাবা বলেছিলেন, বাড়ি থেকেই একেবারে বের হয়ে যেতে। তবু মায়ের ভরসায় আমি চলে আসি। এখন অবশ্য বাবাও অনেক খুশি। তবে বাবার চাপে পড়ে পড়াশোনাটাও করতে হয়েছে, এখন তো বুঝি এটা কত ভালো হয়েছে।

প্রিয় ক্রিকেটার কে?
জহুরুল: দেশের বাইরে প্রিয় রাহুল দ্রাবিড়, আর দেশে ছিলেন রোকন ভাই (আল-শাহরিয়ার)। রোকন ভাইয়ের খেলা দারুণ লাগত, খুব স্মার্ট ক্রিকেটার ছিলেন। খুব বড় ইনিংস হয়তো বেশি খেলতে পারেননি, তবে খুব স্টাইলিশ ব্যাটসম্যান ছিলেন।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-20/news/50193

He likes Rokon! Should we be alarmed?!

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 03:48 PM
[বাংলা]জহুরুল সম্পর্কে সিডন্সের প্রাথমিক পর্যবেক্ষণ, ‘শর্ট বলে খুব ভালো।’ তবে জহুরুলকে সবচেয়ে বেশি জানেন জাতীয় লিগে রাজশাহীর অধিনায়ক খালেদ মাসুদ। দীর্ঘদিন একসঙ্গে খেলার অভিজ্ঞতা থেকেই বললেন, ‘মাঠ এবং মাঠের বাইরে খুবই ডিসিপ্লিন্ড ক্রিকেটার। টেকনিক ভালো, সোজা ব্যাটে খেলে। আমার বিশ্বাস, পারফর্ম করে ও লম্বা সময় জাতীয় দলে থাকবে। ফর্মের তুঙ্গে থাকা অবস্থায়ই তাকে টেস্ট খেলার সুযোগ দেওয়াটাকে বিচক্ষণ সিদ্ধান্তই বলব।’ রকিবুল হাসানের অবসর হঠাত্ করেই জাতীয় দলে নিয়ে আসে জহুরুলকে। ১০ মার্চ জাতীয় লিগে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হওয়ার রাতে খবরটা পাওয়ায় জহুরুলকে ঘিরেই জমে উঠেছিল রাজশাহীর শিরোপা জয়ের উত্সব। তাঁর টেস্ট অভিষেকের খবরে মাসুদের আনন্দ বেড়ে যাচ্ছে আরও, ‘জাতীয় লিগে টানা ৯ ম্যাচ খেলার পর চট্টগ্রাম টেস্টেই খেলতে হলে তার ওপর চাপ পড়ে যেত। ঢাকাতে অভিষেক হওয়াতেই ভালো হচ্ছে। কোচ তাঁকে দেখেছেন, সে-ও দলের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে নেওয়ার সুযোগ পেয়েছে।’[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-20/news/50183

riankhan
March 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
Fact check: Ash was mainly a batsmen at the U17 and U19 level.....

Ash was a spinning allrounder at U-17 level

Aritro
March 19, 2010, 03:57 PM
I wish him well but fear that putting him behind the stumps is a disaster waiting to happen. You don't just suddenly pick up the gloves again after God knows how long and perform to international standard.

Is there anything concrete to suggest he's definitely been brought in as a keeper and not as a batsman?

Aritro
March 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
Ash was a spinning allrounder at U-17 level

I read all his U/17 scorecards a while ago and he was batting between 1-4 in all of them if I remember correctly. The spinning, I think, I may have been secondary.

From memory he also said as much in an article a couple of years ago.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 04:07 PM
Shalar Bangali baap, cricket khelse dekhe ghor theke bair koira dise.

And I agree - Rokon shouldn't be anyone's idol.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 04:09 PM
[বাংলা]জহুরুল সম্পর্কে সিডন্সের প্রাথমিক পর্যবেক্ষণ, ‘শর্ট বলে খুব ভালো।’ তবে জহুরুলকে সবচেয়ে বেশি জানেন জাতীয় লিগে রাজশাহীর অধিনায়ক খালেদ মাসুদ। দীর্ঘদিন একসঙ্গে খেলার অভিজ্ঞতা থেকেই বললেন, ‘মাঠ এবং মাঠের বাইরে খুবই ডিসিপ্লিন্ড ক্রিকেটার। টেকনিক ভালো, সোজা ব্যাটে খেলে। [/বাংলা]

I'll reserve my judgment for later, but I get the feeling I'm going to like this guy. Hope he doesn't turn out to be yet another disappointment though.

Raynman
March 19, 2010, 04:27 PM
Whatever the case, I hope he gets a fair run and not just in and out based on 1 or 2 tests. He should be given this test as well as the next two in ENG and possibly the next series so he is not under the added pressure to score runs in his debut test.

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 04:31 PM
Jahurul is prolly 25+ years old. He played in the U/17 team alongside Ashraful, Mashrafe, N Iqbal, Talha, etc.

Same goes for Zunaed.

Tiger444
March 19, 2010, 04:31 PM
I'll reserve my judgment for later, but I get the feeling I'm going to like this guy. Hope he doesn't turn out to be yet another disappointment though.

His credentials are very good. 7 centuries and 22 half centuries means the guy has talent, application, and temperament. He has proven he can be good in domestic cricket but I think he needs time before he is going to be a good international batsman. Lot of the batsmen come in and have problems with their technique, so Siddons has to work with him and try to make him the best player he can be. I think patience is key but I believe he will be a solid batsman for us in the future. Wish him the best of luck.

betaar
March 19, 2010, 04:52 PM
[বাংলা]জহুরুল সম্পর্কে সিডন্সের প্রাথমিক পর্যবেক্ষণ, ‘শর্ট বলে খুব ভালো।’ ’[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-20/news/50183

Good at playing short balls from BD bowlers doesn't say much. Just like Fletcher said, an additional 10 miles or even 10k from 6.7' bolwer would be very uncomforting for someone just coming in at the internation level. So we really need to wait and see how good he is.

al Furqaan
March 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
best of luck...good ot see we're rewarding domestic performers.

Wakidul
March 19, 2010, 05:18 PM
4 sum very perculiar reason, i just feel as though this jahurul islam guy may be a great prospect. I neva watched him nor have i heard much abut him, but for sum reason his name just makes me feel as though this guy will be something special for bdesh cricket. Not as a keeper but as a batsmen. I rekon he will finally be our most solid number 3-4 and he will score a century in the second innings.

kalpurush
March 19, 2010, 05:28 PM
Best of luck to Jahurul..
He needs ^^^ badly. :)

His hard work paid off..
Paid off?! Or, just starting....!;)

Does he has any other option?

Good luck Jahurul. Make us proud :fanflag:

Haradhon
March 19, 2010, 05:34 PM

He is probably the only player who spend signficant amount of time in 1st class and NCL prior to drafting.
Good Luck, Jahurul
I will stay up to see what he does.

Eshen
March 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rabz

Does he has any other option?
Well, he can always teach the selectors a lesson (for ignoring him all this years) by retiring before his debut. He does not even have a contract to lose!

dolcevita
March 19, 2010, 05:44 PM
Can he score a 50+ for his debut ??
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

babubangla
March 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
[বাংলা] জহুরুল আমাদের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের ব্র্যান্ড অ্যাম্বাসেডর।
ও যখন আজ ব্যাটিং করবে, তখন শুধু জহুরুল একা নয়, তাঁর সাথেই ব্যাটিং করতে নামবে সমগ্র দেশের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট।
অভিনন্দন জহুরুল।
অভিষেক পারফরম্যান্স ভালো হোক বা খারাপ হোক, জহুরুলের জন্য কমপক্ষে দশটি ম্যাচের নিশ্চয়তা চাই।

[/বাংলা]

nahaz
March 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
He is probably the only player who spend signficant amount of time in 1st class and NCL prior to drafting.
Good Luck, Jahurul
I will stay up to see what he does.

he acutally sounded like he was a bit disappointed in not having been called all these years...lol. I think the 60 FC matches would serve him well. I too hope he gets to play in England as well now that he is getting picked. Maybe its time for Raqib to really get nervous. Raqib has two FC centuries and this guy has 7....

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 07:42 PM

So, what's the point? R U now going to bring which Moholla they are from? :doh:

Omio
March 19, 2010, 07:46 PM
In their debut match our batsman are performing well, because they don't have that much pressure on him and we don't have a huge expectation on them. Best of luck Jahurul. A solid innings will be fine.

bangalee20
March 19, 2010, 07:47 PM
I like the team, except Abdul Razzak, he was really inconsistent during the last test match.

Well Razzak blame the Chittagong Pitch. Let's see how he performs this time... No more excuse !!!

al-Sagar
March 19, 2010, 08:31 PM
ও যখন আজ ব্যাটিং করবে, তখন শুধু জহুরুল একা নয়, তাঁর সাথেই ব্যাটিং করতে নামবে সমগ্র দেশের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট।
অভিনন্দন জহুরুল।
অভিষেক পারফরম্যান্স ভালো হোক বা খারাপ হোক, জহুরুলের জন্য কমপক্ষে দশটি ম্যাচের নিশ্চয়তা চাই।

[/বাংলা]

if jahurul does well, then the likes of farhad, shuvagoto will feel confident that they will also perform in this level.

if imrul can get this much chance why not jahurul get 10 matches ???

FagunerAgun
March 19, 2010, 08:52 PM
Great excitement before one debutant comes in to the team
then the next is :lol::floor::flag: or :mad::head::pig: or :o:confused::yawn:

Bashie
March 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
Fathers not happy with their sons taking any game as a career is a common trait in BD. Thats how my brother, who used to play with Omee and was included in the BD under 17's tour to Srilanka, was forced to give up his cricket.

Our parents were not much confident in BD cricket's future. I hope Omee's case changes the views of our respected parents.

yaseer
March 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
I hope and pray that Jahurul makes a memorable debut. He can open the window for our domestic performers. He can prove the point that years of NCL can produce quality and matured cricketers.

Go Jahurul and make us proud.
Good Luck!!!

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Fathers not happy with their sons taking any game as a career is a common trait in BD. Thats how my brother, who used to play with Omee and was included in the BD under 17's tour to Srilanka, was forced to give up his cricket.

Our parents were not much confident in BD cricket's future. I hope Omee's case changes the views of our respected parents.
Who's your brother?

Sohel
March 19, 2010, 08:57 PM
I wish Omi the best on his debut and pray that he'll sustain whatever success that may come his way. Also wish some of us fans will be patient with him when he doesn't. Not easy to make the transition to the highest level from crappola domestic without adequate preparation.

FagunerAgun
March 19, 2010, 09:04 PM
[বাংলা]মিরাজ ভাই ডাবল সুতা হয়ে গিয়েছে।[/বাংলা]
:lol::lol:

Nocturnal
March 19, 2010, 10:27 PM
wishing Juhurul all the best!

WarWolf
March 20, 2010, 12:38 AM
That was a bad decision. The ball was turning too much. You cannot give out LBW in such a ball.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 12:41 AM
I don't have much of a problem with that LBW decision as it did turn out to be the right one.

But Tamim's was a farce. Missed the gloves by miles.

yaseer
March 20, 2010, 12:43 AM
That was a bad decision. The ball was turning too much. You cannot give out LBW in such a ball.

I would rather term it as "tough luck". It looked tight at the first sight as Jahurul was in the back foot, but if you look replays over and over, then you think that benefit should have gone to batsman. He should have been on the front-foot to that ball.

Anyway, do not write him off. He deserve to get some more chances. Also the 2nd innings is still there, though I doubt as he will be very very nervous. First run in the 2nd innings will be crucial.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
But Tamim's was a farce. Missed the gloves by miles.
There is no hotspot camera, I can't see how you can be so sure whether the ball touched the bat or not.

cricman
March 20, 2010, 12:47 AM
There is no hotspot camera, I can't see how you can be so sure whether the ball touched the bat or not.

they showed an Angle where it showed that it missed the bat, andthan there was no sound of an edge either Atherton was speechless

amar11432
March 20, 2010, 12:47 AM
Jahurul Islam fail!!!

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 12:49 AM
Jahurul's wicket was 50-50, as Shamim said. Can't hold it against the ump for giving it out. Shakib got KP's wicket in last innings of the 1st Test with a delivery that was even more likely to miss the leg stump, so you can't say umps being biased with this kind of decisions.

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 12:55 AM
wish him better luck next innings.

Nocturnal
March 20, 2010, 12:59 AM
Jahurul's wicket was 50-50, as Shamim said. Can't hold it against the ump for giving it out. Shakib got KP's wicket in last innings of the 1st Test with a delivery that was even more likely to miss the leg stump, so you can't say umps being biased with this kind of decisions.

Shamim Who? :mad:

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 01:01 AM
they showed an Angle where it showed that it missed the bat, andthan there was no sound of an edge either Atherton was speechless
That and Tamim would have to be one heck of a good actor to be able to pull off the kind of reaction he did right after the finger went up.

Tormuz
March 20, 2010, 01:04 AM
Unlucky Juhu. I liked the way he defedned first 5 balls he faced. Looks a better replacement for Aftab. Just needs a bit of time.

Sohel
March 20, 2010, 01:04 AM
Deliveries 50-50 to the naked eye generally result in the batsman's favor (benefit of doubt). Unless of course one sees the world according to the Gospel of Shamim.

That being said, Omi's tentativeness contributed to the decision also.

nahaz
March 20, 2010, 01:43 AM
That and Tamim would have to be one heck of a good actor to be able to pull off the kind of reaction he did right after the finger went up.

Or an Italian faking a tackle...

_Rafi_
March 20, 2010, 02:44 AM
I didnt expect too high from Johurul. It is very difficult to adjust in international cricket for a BD domestic player. I expected him to come no8 position which I think grooming position of a new player in BD team. Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Rahim all adapted themselves in international cricket by playing lower order.

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 03:03 AM
I didnt expect too high from Johurul. It is very difficult to adjust in international cricket for a BD domestic player. I expected him to come no8 position which I think grooming position of a new player in BD team. Mahmudullah, Nayeem, Rahim all adapted themselves in international cricket by playing lower order.

an opener need to be grromed playing at the top. naeem riad rahims were middle order batsmen so they can be played late order.

do u think openers like tamim, imrul, junaid needs to adapt playing in no 8 ???

Rabz
March 20, 2010, 04:37 AM
Bhai Jahurul, tumi next innings e jhok jhoke ekta century amader upohar diye dekhao to.
Tomar upor amar astha ase.

Inshallah.

_Rafi_
March 20, 2010, 04:57 AM
an opener need to be grromed playing at the top. naeem riad rahims were middle order batsmen so they can be played late order.

do u think openers like tamim, imrul, junaid needs to adapt playing in no 8 ???

he is included in national team as a middle order batsman though he normally opened for his domestic league. Nayeem Islam was also an opener before turning himself as a middle order batsman. The bowling attacks we provide for our domestic opener is equivalent if not less to middle overs bowling of international match.

Alien
March 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
I would wait until next innings till I judge him. And the fact that he just came from domestic and having trouble adjusting to international pressure is not justifiable. If he is not ready, he shouldn't be playing. There are people like Tamim, Shakib doing the hard work and he is ruining it.

salin
March 20, 2010, 06:02 AM
or jonnay ar ekta zero opekkha kortaysay

BangladeshFan
March 20, 2010, 07:03 AM
i think he was unlucky to face swann first up. swann is a very good spinner, accurate and has lot of variation and can become too much to handle for a player on debut. if he is an opener i guess he is more comfortable playing pacers. in any case, he has to figure out swann, england will be bowling their spinners a lot more in 2nd innings.

Ashfaq
March 20, 2010, 07:49 AM
I would wait until next innings till I judge him. And the fact that he just came from domestic and having trouble adjusting to international pressure is not justifiable. If he is not ready, he shouldn't be playing. There are people like Tamim, Shakib doing the hard work and he is ruining it.

I disagree. There will always be a quantum jump between domestic and international cricket. Even Hashim Amla suffered it. The gap is even bigger for our domestic players. It's too quick to judge Jahurul. right now, he's as ready as he'll ever be. Let's just wait and see if he's got it in him to be a success like Mahmudullah.

Catskills
March 20, 2010, 08:56 AM
He is an opener, not a number 8 player. If you want this way then Tamim, Imrul, Zunaeed and others had to start at # 8, but they didn't. Openers always play at top order, thats how they have been trained up.

magic boy
March 20, 2010, 09:05 AM
I cant take the theory of "regular opener's inability of batting down the order"..as specialist batsman one should have the mentality of batting at any level. Although thing may not goes same while opening the inning. but also an opener has to deal during middle of the innings. Otherwise he wont be able to score tons.
in case of Aumi...it was bound to happen since he was a debutant. either duck or century. hope may he come back strongly in 2nd innings

Omio
March 20, 2010, 09:20 AM
Agree with you. No7/8 position would be better for any debutant middle-order batsman. They wouldn't have that much pressure on that position. His technique looks good to me. Hope he will be fine on 2nd innings.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 09:34 AM
The management did the right thing batting him up the order. I don't like the practice of "grooming" a specialist batsman at #8/#9. It's a waste of a spot and just not right. A batsman should not have to play as a tail-ender.

alibangali
March 20, 2010, 09:50 AM
The management did the right thing batting him up the order. I don't like the practice of "grooming" a specialist batsman at #8/#9. It's a waste of a spot and just not right. A batsman should not have to play as a tail-ender.

I agree and that will also send the wrong impression to the new player that there is no confidence in him. Its different with Riyadh since he was brought in as an allrounder and fought his way up the order which he derserved. We should not put too much pressure on jahurul by expecting too much. It is always a big gap between int and domestic cricket however its not wise to judge him after an innings. I think judgment should be made after 5 matches however since BD do not really play too much test cricket he should atleast get another home test series regardless of his performance in the second inings.

zman
March 20, 2010, 09:52 AM
A top order batsman should bat at the top...batting lower down the order can't really help a debutant calm his nerves when he has to hang around for so long with butterflies in his stomach, add to that he has to adjust his game to something he's not used to doing...I'm still not giving up on him since it was only his first innings and one could argue he was unfortunate to get a bad (or at least not so good) decision considering both height and line of the ball (taking turn into account)...I really want him to do well for our sake as that'll be a great boost to our domestic/first class cricket paving the way for others/showing that performers in these leagues are capable of transitioning onto the international stage.

Ananna
March 20, 2010, 11:59 AM
I didnt expect too high from Johurul. It is very difficult to adjust in international cricket for a BD domestic player. I expected him to come no8 position which I think grooming position of a new player in BD team. .

What a ridiculous idea!!!

babubangla
March 20, 2010, 04:51 PM
[বাংলা]জহুরুলের অভিষেকটা হয়তো আমাদের প্রত্যাশা মতো হলো না। কিন্তু কি আর করা যাবে?[/বাংলা]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/it_happens_funny_shirt_b.jpg

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
I didnt expect too high from Johurul. It is very difficult to adjust in international cricket for a BD domestic player. I expected him to come no8 position which I think grooming position of a new player in BD team. What a ridiculous idea!!!
You don't like the idea! It's from Siddons' book of "How to groom a new batsman in the team".

Bruno
March 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
What a waste! LOL

Comeon i wanna see this guy bat again in the 2nd innings....

I will give u the benefit of the doubt.

A DUCK for debut isnt so bad.........

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
^^ How about a pair on the debut? Here is the list - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283116.html

You can see well known players such as Graham Gooch, Saeed Anwar, and Marvan Atapattu on the list.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
tendulkar started his ODI career with 2 ducks...in both of his first two innings.

Bruno
March 20, 2010, 06:10 PM
Ok so your guys are giving this guy a badge of honor for his ducks now....lol.

We will see if he turns out to be a Tendulkar, attapattu, gooch, anwar, etc...all for his duck, maybe its written in the stars.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 06:12 PM
^^ Nope, all we are saying you should not judge a player based on his debut match.

Nocturnal
March 21, 2010, 02:51 AM
:( no Juhurul nooooooooo

Shakib Al Hasan to Trott, no run, 85.8 kph, what happened here? Replays suggest it was a drop. Trott lunged forward and inside edged his defensive prod onto his pad and it went rather gently to short leg, who put down the chance. Shakib leaps before collapsing in a heap. Really deserved a wicket there

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 03:15 AM
a WK (full or part timer) is expected to catch it.

in fact any cricketer is expected to catch it

Shaan
March 21, 2010, 05:52 AM
come on guys don't be harsh on him, this is his debut test and in fact many people miss such chances, I mean it was to be taken but that happen in cricket, for that reason we can't demand to take him immediately off from the team. Lets wait for few more games then we can come into some conclusion, but now very tough to judge him.

cricket_king
March 21, 2010, 08:09 AM
Jahurul is having a horrid debut so far, but hopefully the guy gains some confidence in the 3rd and fourth innings. You can't help but feel bad for him...

dolcevita
March 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
Pressure . Trott's wicket was vital .

Tiger444
March 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'm sure jahurul will turn out to be a fine batsman 4 us but he seems to be very jittery and is looking like a fool for getting out 4 a duck and dropping a catch..he needs a few more matches and then we can see if he can play..I'm hoping he turns out 2 be a bright star..can't tell though..just because he dominated domestic cricket, doesn't mean he'll turn out 2 be a solid batsman in international cricket..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Imtiazk
March 21, 2010, 03:55 PM
It was the wrong test to pick him. Period.

amar11432
March 23, 2010, 02:55 AM
This guy is NOT a Test cricket Player. 6-6-4-4. Takes all the risks. Put him in T20 not test cricket squad.

fishyguy
March 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
So far looks like he has the patience for test cricket especially the way he is flashing at anything wide of off

Equinox
March 23, 2010, 03:56 AM
This guy is NOT a Test cricket Player. 6-6-4-4. Takes all the risks. Put him in T20 not test cricket squad.
So Tamim should not play Tests as well?

Rabz
March 23, 2010, 03:57 AM
I like of so far what I've seen of Jahurul.
He looks like a solid batsman.
See how he goes in this innings..

amar11432
March 23, 2010, 04:46 AM
So Tamim should not play Tests as well?

Please, that comment is so childish. Tamim proved himself whereas Jahurul Islam started off by playing all the risky shots, who does he think him self as? Just watch the England inning and see how many 6 they tried to hit. Test cricket on this pitch should be risk-free.

WarWolf
March 23, 2010, 04:53 AM
Please, that comment is so childish. Tamim proved himself whereas Jahurul Islam started off by playing all the risky shots, who does he think him self as? Just watch the England inning and see how many 6 they tried to hit. Test cricket on this pitch should be risk-free.

We need to go in such discussions after he plays at least 10 test matches. If you can score regularly every thing is fine, if you can't nothing is good for you as a batsman.

amar11432
March 23, 2010, 04:59 AM
We need to go in such discussions after he plays at least 10 test matches. If you can score regularly every thing is fine, if you can't nothing is good for you as a batsman.

Agree, but here is a serious problem. He scored 32 off boundaries and ONLY 11 from running. Is he scared of running under the sun or something? How is it that English batsman can run under this scorching sun but BD players can't?

cricman
March 23, 2010, 05:00 AM
<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
(http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2006-07_BDESH_Scotland_in_Bangladesh_2006-07.html)</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Scotland XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107059.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114645.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">09 Apr 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/120/120542.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">27 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Western Australia Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127527.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">28 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">New South Wales Institute of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127530.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">30 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Queensland Academy of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127534.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">31 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Australian Capital Territory v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127537.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">02 Sep 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Tasmania Institute of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127685.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">10 Sep 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Northern Territory v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127687.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">04 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166925.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">09 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166926.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">15 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166927.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">16 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166928.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">26 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166934.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">08 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180449.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">14 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180450.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">20 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180451.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">22 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180452.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">21 Sep 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka Cricket Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/186/186515.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">23 Sep 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka Cricket Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/186/186516.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">06 Jan 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Zimbabweans (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/205/205170.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">30 Apr 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244743.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">04 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244744.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">10 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244745.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">21 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244749.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

amar11432
March 23, 2010, 05:11 AM
^^ Thanks for bringing this up. Lots of single digit scores!! I may be speaking soon but he seems like a BD cricketer from the previous generation with no patience and lack of knowledge about proper test cricket. He is no where near the same caliber as Tamim, Shakib, Mushy & co.

WarWolf
March 23, 2010, 05:14 AM
^^ Thanks for bringing this up. Lots of single digit scores!! I may be speaking soon but he seems like a BD cricketer from the previous generation with no patience and lack of knowledge about proper test cricket. He is no where near the same caliber as Tamim, Shakib, Mushy & co.

Let's see. Definitely he is getting a call for the England tour as JS think that he is a good player of short balls.

amar11432
March 23, 2010, 05:19 AM
Anyone know how well he did in the domestics? Not just this season, but since he statred playing FC, one dayers, T20...

cricman
March 23, 2010, 05:24 AM
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh A v Zimbabwe A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107482.html)</td> <td valign="top">Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, Fatullah (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/4/237.html)</td> <td valign="top">f49482</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">22 Feb 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh A v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114643.html)</td> <td valign="top">Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/4/2735.html)</td> <td valign="top">f49721</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">01 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh A v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114644.html)</td> <td valign="top">Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/4/1992.html)</td> <td valign="top">f49739</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">07 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh A v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114640.html)</td> <td valign="top">Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/4/1992.html)</td> <td valign="top">a18066</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">11 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh A v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114642.html)</td> <td valign="top">Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/4/2735.html)</td> <td valign="top">a18077</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">19 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka A v Bangladesh A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/116/116636.html)</td> <td valign="top">Colts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/25/1698.html)</td> <td valign="top">f49763</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">25 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka A v Bangladesh A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/116/116637.html)</td> <td valign="top">Colombo Cricket Club Ground (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/25/1697.html)</td> <td valign="top">f49765</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">31 Mar 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka A v Bangladesh A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/116/116638.html)</td> <td valign="top">Colts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/25/1698.html)</td> <td valign="top">a18152</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">02 Apr 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka A v Bangladesh A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/116/116639.html)</td> <td valign="top">P Saravanamuttu Stadium, Colombo (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/25/1704.html)</td> <td valign="top">a18158</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">04 Apr 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka A v Bangladesh A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/116/116640.html)</td> <td valign="top">P Saravanamuttu Stadium, Colombo (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Grounds/25/1704.html)</td></tr></tbody></table>
Looks like he had some ABility in 06/07 but he had ducks as well ... He's still the Flavor of the month in my opinion one good season should not vault you in the Test Team unless your Averaging 50+ or doing a Ryiad

Miraz
March 23, 2010, 05:53 AM
He looked like a decent player, got out by a very good delivery which turned miles out of nowhere. It's too early to pass judgment on him, but I will take him to England. He should play the warm-ups and his performances in those matches should decide his position within the Test team.

mij
March 23, 2010, 05:58 AM
He looked like a decent player, got out by a very good delivery which turned miles out of nowhere. It's too early to pass judgment on him, but I will take him to England. He should play the warm-ups and his performances in those matches should decide his position within the Test team.
:up:

Bikhari
March 23, 2010, 06:20 AM
I'm impressed with him. If kayes/Aftab can tour England, then i don't see any reason to left him out of the squad. Bare in mind, this Jahirul guy is playing cricket since 2001/2002 (along with Ash and mash), which is a lot of time to gain enough experience compare to most of the current players. And i'm sure he will improve alot if he stay under JS.

And i agree with Miraz, he should be given chances in thepractice matches in London before we consider him toplay the first test against England in May.

simon
March 23, 2010, 06:42 AM
I would also like to see Jahurul in England.
If Aftb/Imrul can get so many chances(never reached 40s even) then Jahurul is a must.

zainab
March 23, 2010, 07:18 AM
It was the wrong test to pick him. Period.

Any newbie should not be chosen for test cricket unless he has played in ODI's, come to think of it, Aftab would have played better. Jahirul might be a good choice for ODIs and 20/20s and eased into the test side in a few years.
This will give him more confidence to make it as a test player.

magic boy
March 23, 2010, 08:08 AM
no problem-0. while others are doing consecutive craps his presence in the team wont be that much hard. Rather I see more potentiality in him than previous new comer Sohrawardi Shuvo. Though Aumi sounds better in ODI & T20.

_Rafi_
March 23, 2010, 08:16 AM
Aumi should take Aftab's position in ODI

Tiger444
March 23, 2010, 08:16 AM
(http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2006-07_BDESH_Scotland_in_Bangladesh_2006-07.html)</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Scotland XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107059.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v England A (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/114/114645.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">09 Apr 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/120/120542.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">27 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Western Australia Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127527.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">28 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">New South Wales Institute of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127530.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">30 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Queensland Academy of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127534.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">31 Aug 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Australian Capital Territory v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127537.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">02 Sep 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Tasmania Institute of Sport v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127685.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">10 Sep 2007</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Northern Territory v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/127/127687.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">04 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166925.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">09 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166926.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">15 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v South Africa Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166927.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">16 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166928.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">26 Apr 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Pakistan Cricket Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/166/166934.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">08 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180449.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">14 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180450.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">20 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180451.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">22 Aug 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">South Africa Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/180/180452.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">21 Sep 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka Cricket Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/186/186515.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">23 Sep 2008</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Sri Lanka Cricket Academy v Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/186/186516.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">06 Jan 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Zimbabweans (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/205/205170.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">30 Apr 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244743.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">04 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244744.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">10 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244745.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">http://cricketarchive.com/logos/cricketarchive/cricketball.gif</td> <td valign="top">21 May 2009</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy v Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/244/244749.html)</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Who else can we try out then? I mean this guy absolutely dominated the NCL this past season and its only fair 2 try out a player whose done so well..I mean averaging in the 60's for a whole season is very impressive in any league and also 7 centuries is clearly amazing..the guy had to be tried out more..if your thinking aftab should be there instead of jahurul then your wrong..aftab has consistently sucked and we need to try out more batsmen..since when has aftab done well on any level? Not even in the NCL he's good..jahurul at least dominates the ncl..i think in the end he will become a good player but we have to be patient and no matter what you say he did deserve the call..

Fazal
March 23, 2010, 08:17 AM
Now that he is already being choosen, there is no reason to drop him in next series. Thats the worst thing we can do to a new player. Wright or wrong, BCB made a decision about giving him a chance, now they need to stick with him a little longer.... it doesn't matter whether he is long term solution or not.... BCB need to give him enough chance to make a case for either way... and that means he need to be included for atleast one more series.

AsifTheManRahman
March 23, 2010, 09:00 AM
I don't think it was a wrong decision. He's been playing in the NCL for a long time and has 60 FC games to back him up. Moreover, he has replaced Aftab and anybody is better than Aftab. I didn't watch him yesterday, how did he look? Debuting a batsman in ODIs first is so yesterday - if he is more suitable for the longer version and has played enough games, by all means pick him.

Now if you were picking him for Tests after only a handful of FC games or based on his List-A performances, that's different. I agree with Miraz bhai - take him to England and make him sit out the Tests if he doesn't seem ready and in that case, give him a few games against the associates.

Shaan
March 23, 2010, 10:13 AM
To me he looked very decent batsman as a debutant. He got agression equally compose and solid bating tecnique. Why r we so eager to change and bring in every match new replacement if though some tendulkars waiting in our backyard for replacement. Wake up people, give this lad sometime to cope at this level. Whoever come next they will need time to adjust. Look at tamim recall his starting career innings, how erratic and limited he was. Look at tamim now , he has improved a lot. Jahurul need sometime, so no cry for change now, period.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

simon
March 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
Jahurul got something "Rakibul" in him.

ahms
March 23, 2010, 10:45 AM

---- ditto ------

I would like him play with Tamim instead. Put Imrul lower down if at all.

sadi
March 23, 2010, 11:20 AM
Omi looked pretty decent. Ofcourse, he was nervous in the beginning and played some risky shots but he does have a decent technique and with time, he should be fine. Bye bye Imrul!

Neel Here
March 23, 2010, 11:31 AM
I liked what I saw. stick with him.

Ajfar
March 23, 2010, 11:50 AM

Shakib, Mushy & Co. are a different breed apart from a lot of our players, and a lot of that has to deal with how McInnes brought them up. so yes Jahrul is probably a little behind in terms of them, but the recent improvements by Mushy & co. came because of Siddon. I think you are jumping on the gun a bit too early. you can't judge a players knowledge of test cricket by watching one game.

Fazal
March 23, 2010, 11:59 AM
When Tamim first came, he was termed as one dimensional player with limited batting skillset. When Sakib first came he was termed as the Rana 2.0. Plus Sakib's bolwing was termed as below average. Now see where they are right now.
Now Jahirul may or may not grow that way, but you never know unless you try them. As long as he takes baby steps toward that, I will be happy.

Omio
March 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
My first impression on him:
Good:
1. He got solid technique.
2.Good hitter of the ball.
3.Can play over the top.
4.Good on short delivery.

Bad:
1. Not a very good fielder
2.Cant play square or late cut.
3.Not a good sweeper.

bura
March 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
When Tamim first came, he was termed as one dimensional player with limited batting skillset. When Sakib first came he was termed as the Rana 2.0. Plus Sakib's bolwing was termed as below average. Now see where they are right now.
Now Jahirul may or may not grow that way, but you never know unless you try them. As long as he takes baby steps toward that, I will be happy.

good point!

Nocturnal
March 23, 2010, 01:02 PM
he looks pretty decent. technique is better than lots of previous talented player. stick with him. he will flourish IMO.

Rabz
March 23, 2010, 01:04 PM
I'm all for Jaharul too.
I did see a bit of him today and he looked pretty solid to me.
I liked how he was ready to use his feet against the spinners and when he played shots, he played shots. There was no yes-no. It was yes and then it flew over the boundary ropes.

More importantly, he looked assuring.

riankhan
March 23, 2010, 01:05 PM
My first impression on him:
Good:
3.Can play over the top.

Bad:
3.Not a good sweeper.

Considering a Test match, It should look like:

Good:

Bad:
3.Not a good sweeper.
+4. Can play over the top.

Tiger444
March 23, 2010, 01:16 PM
People who are saying get jahurul in2 ODI's before tests..look at his stats before saying that!! He has an average of a 21.89 in List A matches which is not good enough for the ODI team..lets play players to their strengths and in this case Jahurul has a solid FC record and should be only considered in the test fold 4 now..he does look like hes got the shots and technique but he needs 2 prove himself in domestic List A matches..these upcoming A team tours would be good 2 try him out..in my opinion i would keep him around for the next 5-10 matches and then i'll make a judgement on him but so far hes been decent..

Catskills
March 23, 2010, 01:39 PM
As I watched him, Juhrul seemed a very solid player to me. He was unlucky in both innings the way he got out. I am pretty sure he will contribute a lot in near future for BD. He has improved little bit little over the years. I know few years ago he was not that great, but now he has become really a solid player, seems to be our future. Please let him play for at least 6/7 matches, then we all can judge him.

Eshen
March 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
[/বাংলা]
Though he was ignored during McInnes era, in post McInnes era Jahurul spent significant amount of time in A-team/academy set up. Also, the Rajshahi coach Shahnewaz Shahid (Shanu), who according to Jahurul is a significant influence on his batting, should be considered in another league from typical Bangladeshi domestic coaches. IMO, it will be misleading to generalize Jahurul as simply a product of the domestic leagues.

On a related note, Shanu should be appointed as the batting coach for the academy.

Bikhari
March 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
Jahirul remains upbeat

The platform was not perfect for debutant batsman Jahirul Islam to deal with the press as defeat was looming for the home team at the end of the fourth day's play of the second and final Test at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

But there was no shortage of confidence when the newcomer talked about his team's chance to earn a credible draw, his effort in the second innings after a first innings duck and obviously on poor umpiring and the pitch.

"We should draw the match because we have played good cricket. It will be really nice for us if we have two more wickets in hand at the end of the day. But still we are hopeful because Shafiul scored a fifty in the first innings while Naeem is yet to bat," said Jahirul when asked whether it would be possible for his side to save the match on 172 for six.

"You never know what can happen in cricket. Still it is possible to draw the match if we can spend time in the middle for two sessions on the final day. The first session will be crucial for us and we must play the first session without any damage," he added.

Jahirul said that he could have prolonged his innings if he had avoided playing too many shots and dealt with spinner Graeme Swann more carefully. "Actually I stepped into a trap. I was a little bit excited as it's my first match and I went to bat on the back of a duck. I wanted to get back my confidence by playing some shots but it was not my plan to hit sixes," he said about his innings.

"I played a lot of four-day matches but Test cricket is a totally different ball game because the intensity is too high here. And what is important is that everybody is looking to me when I'm playing for my country which is not the case for the domestic or other competition,” he added.

Like his captain Shakib Al Hasan told on the previous day, Shafiul also said that nothing could have been better than a spin-friendly wicket when they play at home.

Jahirul could barely hold back his emotion when asked whether he believed that they lost their focus following some bad decisions, which went against them on the third day.

"It's right. We were working hard yesterday and if you don't give out one specialist batsman, then you may not get the second chance. They didn't give out Matt Prior, he scored 62, then same mistake for [Tim] Bresnan, and he scored 91. If we had got those two wickets, they might have been bowled out for 275 to 300 runs. Then we would have been in a strong position," he said.

He also said that the umpires made mistakes when asked about today's decisions some of which went against England bowlers. "We want a fair result."

AsifTheManRahman
March 23, 2010, 03:05 PM
"It's right. We were working hard yesterday and if you don't give out one specialist batsman, then you may not get the second chance. They didn't give out Matt Prior, he scored 62, then same mistake for [Tim] Bresnan, and he scored 91. If we had got those two wickets, they might have been bowled out for 275 to 300 runs. Then we would have been in a strong position," he said.

He also said that the umpires made mistakes when asked about today's decisions some of which went against England bowlers. "We want a fair result."
LOL. Come on, you don't wanna get fined on debut. Let the big boys do the talking. You do your job and hold on to the catches that come your way.

alibangali
March 23, 2010, 04:07 PM
LOL. Come on, you don't wanna get fined on debut. Let the big boys do the talking. You do your job and hold on to the catches that come your way.

Lol he is naive honest and pure untouched by politics at this level. I am proud that atleasf he showed some backbone and inshallah in future he will let his bat do the talking.

sbsash
March 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
can I get the highlights of his 2nd innings please?

riankhan
March 23, 2010, 05:03 PM
can I get the highlights of his 2nd innings please?

L-) ........ok lemme think......ok

http://cricket-online.tv/day-4-bangladesh-vs-england-2nd-test-dhaka/

I'll send u da bill online

sbsash
March 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
L-) ........ok lemme think......ok

http://cricket-online.tv/day-4-bangladesh-vs-england-2nd-test-dhaka/

I'll send u da bill online

lol thnx

al-Sagar
March 25, 2010, 12:46 AM
lets see what selectors do. is he boarding for england or not.

zainab
March 25, 2010, 05:50 AM
I am aure that he will be in the 20/20 squad, and should ease himself in international cricket by playing ODIs and then test matches. BCB has done everything backwards, you just cannot push a player into the Test arena without trying him out in the odis first.
I hope that they never do this again.