PDA

View Full Version : Big hitter chai big hitter!

AK420
March 20, 2010, 10:50 AM
I do not know any Bangladeshi who can hit the ball big like JP, Gilchrist, Yusuf Pathan, Afridi, Yuvi and the list continues. Come on dont we have at least one big hitter?

P.S - Does anyone know any Big Hitter in the domestics or in the BD team?

dolcevita
March 20, 2010, 11:04 AM
Tamim , naeem , shakib
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 11:10 AM
dollar mahmud may be.

AK420
March 20, 2010, 11:13 AM
Tamim , naeem , shakib

Tamim- I can see him hitting sixes at few times but cannot hit sixes at will, the main characteristic of big hitters.

Naeem- Naeem is only a so called big hitter. He depends on timing and placement a lot.

Shakib- He cannot even be considered as a big hitter. His only good class shot is the slog sweep which he has forgotten.

Not good guesses, a big hitter is supposed to be able to hit sixes that can travel more than 90m. These three dont seem to hit so big, not more than 85m.

riankhan
March 20, 2010, 12:42 PM
Tamim- I can see him hitting sixes at few times but cannot hit sixes at will, the main characteristic of big hitters.

Naeem- Naeem is only a so called big hitter. He depends on timing and placement a lot.

Shakib- He cannot even be considered as a big hitter. His only good class shot is the slog sweep which he has forgotten.

Not good guesses, a big hitter is supposed to be able to hit sixes that can travel more than 90m. These three dont seem to hit so big, not more than 85m.

Chokka Milon, Mithun Ali

Cric_blood
March 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
we need batsman not big hitter....T20 iz a faltu game afterall

bura
March 20, 2010, 01:04 PM
we need batsman not big hitter....T20 iz a faltu game afterall

exactly my words! We don't need more Aftabs. One around the team (carrying water bottles) is enough!

What we need is patience, good shot selection....may be most importantly the capability to build innings through singles/doubles not just by 4s/6s.

wiseshah
March 20, 2010, 01:04 PM
In a order

milon
ziaur Rahman
tamim
sakib
dollar
nazimudin
mithun ali
anamul haque
kapali
junaid
ashraful
farhad Reza
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
Big hitting != what Aftab does. Hitting and lack of patience need not go hand in hand. A good, clean hitter will not ride his luck like Aftab, Ashraful, etc., but rather score big on his own merit.

Ajfar
March 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
He depends on timing and placement a lot.

what else is he suppose to depend on? if you don't perfection your timing and placement you can easily edge it up in the air.

Equinox
March 20, 2010, 01:08 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Alok Kapali
Aftab Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Shabbir Rahman
Alauddin Babu
Dollar Mahmud

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
We do lack someone who can match the opponent's power game for the shorter versions. Tamim, Shakib and Nayeem currently have to rush down the wicket and/or put their all into their shots as opposed to, let's say Hayden, who would merely have to plant his front foot out and tonk the ball pretty effortlessly.

Nafis 1718
March 20, 2010, 01:31 PM

Nafis 1718
March 20, 2010, 01:32 PM
our players are not well built for big hitting.they need to go to the gym nd build some muscules.

bura
March 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
Big hitting != what Aftab does. Hitting and lack of patience need not go hand in hand. A good, clean hitter will not ride his luck like Aftab, Ashraful, etc., but rather score big on his own merit.

Thats a better definition. People associate big hits with unnecessary risks cause historically many of the big hitters Afridi, Kalu, Jayasuriya are like that. On the other hand clean hitters are known as sweet timers like Arvind de Silva, Tendu, lara...

I do think that right now we need a couple of players who can take singles and doubles comfortably rather than taking unnecessary risks and try to hit big (good, clean, with force however u say it) once they choke to find runs!

But if the ball is there to hit... hit it!

bura
March 20, 2010, 02:03 PM
our players are not well built for big hitting.they need to go to the gym nd build some muscules.

thats another imp point.

If we look at our current bunch of U19 and other youth players almost everyone's tendency is to score runs by bitting 4s/6s nobody wants to be Ranatunga, Bevan, Hussey....

In 1996 Srilanka could afford to have stroke making players cause they had ranatunga/mahanama/tilakratna to stabilize there innings however mediocre they look.

Later, Aus had Bevan, Hussey....

Stroke makers and stabilizers go hand in hand. Without the other they would fail.

Right now in BD team everybody wants to play stokes (even if they are not capable of doing that - but thats a different issue) nobody wants to be a stabilizer cause they dont look attractive.

Point is we have an ok flow of stroke makers... now to alleviate pressure on them we need couple of stabilizers/run rotate-ers.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2010, 02:05 PM
Rotation has always been a problem for our batsmen. Wonder what the coaches in the age groups do.

MaRi, Nayeem, Shak and Mushy are generally capable of rotating though. Even Tamim can rotate if he puts his mind to it.

WarWolf
March 20, 2010, 02:07 PM
I am happy with the hitting capabilities of the current team players. All the need to do is to find out which balls to hit, which ball not to hit.

billah
March 20, 2010, 02:07 PM
Big hitters of ajaira threads - 420

bura
March 20, 2010, 02:10 PM
Big hitters of ajaira threads - 420

I would have thought its an ajaira thread but unfortunately our players/selectors/coaches/fans think like that. Its necessary to tweak their thinking.

revolver
March 20, 2010, 02:59 PM
tamim is a true hitter

wiseshah
March 20, 2010, 03:06 PM
Teacher rokibul: chaile haat khule khelte pari, can we call him big hitter? But he wasted too many balls before hitting big.
I am glad he isnot part of 2020 plan

revolver
March 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
Teacher rokibul: chaile haat khule khelte pari, can we call him big hitter? But he wasted too many balls before hitting big.
I am glad he isnot part of 2020 plan

his not even called a odi player

Gowza
March 20, 2010, 04:57 PM
nazmus sadat, mahbubul karim, imtiaz (i think...)

Bruno
March 20, 2010, 05:02 PM
A proper big hitter is Imran nazir (pakistan). he def. relies on timing the ball to get it past 140 meters+ . Besides the guy is not very big or muscular, but better hitter than afridi. So timing and technique is very important to big hitting. Its cricket silly, not baseball.

Farhad
March 20, 2010, 05:46 PM
Mashrafe?

Didn't he hit four sixes in a row against India? I'm willing to bet 90% of the players you cited cant attest to doing that...

dolcevita
March 20, 2010, 05:50 PM
Not neee big hitter , need more consistent batsmen like mushfiq, mahmudullah and Tamim

cricket_king
March 20, 2010, 06:47 PM

Tamim is definitely a big hitter. There's no doubt in that. He simply can't afford to go for sixes at will because we need him so badly.
Naeem is a beast of a hitter. Have you seen that guy hit consecutive sixes on those few occasions?

Oh and btw, your definition of "big hitter" is somewhat flawed. As long as you can take that ball over the ropes often enough, you're a big hitter, whether you get it just a mm over the rope, or 50 metres over it. You can't get more than a :six: in one ball.
And we need BATSMEN. Not neccessarily big hitters.

AK420
March 21, 2010, 09:49 AM
I doubt that this is ajaira thread. I really mean that we need a big hitter. If we did have plenty, we would not have been critcised about the BPP

beshideshi
March 21, 2010, 10:57 AM
I do not know the exact definition of a big hitter, but we need someone around the bottom of the order to come in and blast a quickfire 30 off 15 balls.
Nayeem is not a natural hitter imo, he is simply too good to be wasted as a hitter. Ideally we should have one of the quick bowlers fill up the big hitter slot, simply due to their superior build. Mashrafe around 2007 was the perfect example. Robin/Dolar/Ziaur could be our big hitters, but first they have to make the team.

Ajfar
March 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
I doubt that this is ajaira thread.

Ajaira thread is what public gets to label it, unfortunately you don't get a say in it.

BangladeshFan
March 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
A proper big hitter is Imran nazir (pakistan). he def. relies on timing the ball to get it past 140 meters+ . Besides the guy is not very big or muscular, but better hitter than afridi. So timing and technique is very important to big hitting. Its cricket silly, not baseball.

you nailed it, one doesnt need muscles to hit big but good hand eye coordination, timing, technique etc. I remember saeed anwar could also hit big but he was very thin and short. i saw upal chandana (former srilankan player) in practice in buet field very closely, he was thin like a stick, but was hitting the ball so cleanly and clearing the field with such ease, it defies belief.

auntu
March 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
I am happy with the hitting capabilities of the current team players. All the need to do is to find out which balls to hit, which ball not to hit.
Agreed.