PDA

View Full Version : The next 4 days checklist for playing England

billah
March 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
When the English play cricket, the whole race plays with them. As you all can see a display of it at Mirpur. Thanks to their Rod Tucker, they were able to snatch initiative away from us on several occasions. They were also able to completely keep our best player Shakib out of the matches.

Bangladesh had a great first day on the field. Now, let's get ready for the followings:

1. Down playing of our performance - already the press is acting like we were almost all out twice for below 150 on the first day. Mind you, this is our second highest first day score.

2. Starting today, the English press and team management will begin producing a long and deep list of injuries, hidden injuries in the team. Injuries will be dicovered, if not invented. Just in case a mishap happens - this injury list will become a permanent features of the press conferences afterwords.

3. Attack on the umpires will begin - one slip by any one of them, specially that stubborn Hill, the ump will be put to the sword.

4. We have seen the naked verbal assault by the English players throughout the tour. The complete absence of any remote talk of any punitive measures by the officials only clears up one fact - Rod only needs a white stick to go with those dark sunglasses. He is representing ICC's elite BLIND umpire panel. Yes guys, if we show any merit with the ball, expect to see a lot more sledging by the English, aided by the umpires.

5. There will be a sheer lack of LBW decision in this match from this point on, until, of course, Bangladesh comes back to bat again. A "Decision", not a draw - will be forced. Our bowlers won't have much to look forward to, unless they can uproot the stumps 20 times in this match. Anyone can check this out by taking a stat on % of LBW decision in this series so far, and check it against the one taken from this Test at the end.

6. Watch for forcing decisions down the umpire's throats, I mean Hill's throat, Rod is already playing for England.

For us Bangladesh fans: Just relax. England did not come here to hand us a draw. That is out of the question. Won't happen that easily. Don't get your blood pressure up when all the above start happening. Because?

Because they WILL happen.

Zunaid
March 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
I am not paranoid, somebody is really out to get me.

billah
March 20, 2010, 05:37 PM

You must have dozed off to your old people nap when Tucker gave Shahadat out. :-D

foul-mouth Prior, seeing the ball dead on the ground in front of a thousand cameras, said there was s slim chance he might not have taken the catch.

nahaz
March 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
You forget that umpires nowadays are too incompetent to even judge catches properly. So just by judging LBW's won't do you much good.

Those are some excellent points, and I for one will be referring to them in the course of this match. :)

Farhad
March 20, 2010, 05:39 PM
The problem with making predictions is that the future is imminent.

I love that proverb.

We'll find out in four days. :)

Zunaid
March 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
You must have dozed off to your old people nap when Tucker gave Shahadat out. :-D

foul-mouth Prior, seeing the ball dead on the ground in front of a thousand cameras, said there was s slim chance he might not have taken the catch.

I was not all tuckered out, when Tucker tucked Shahadat. Did you not see the Dhaka street picture I posted in the other thread?
http://virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/wanted.jpg

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 05:45 PM

In a similar note, you prolly dozed off when Hill gave Trott out when a Rubel bouncer bounced of his helmet and Mushfiq caught it.

LBW decision? Shakib got one against KP in the last match with an armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump.

Umps in this series are incompetent, but don't look biased.

Farhad
March 20, 2010, 05:58 PM
In a similar note, you prolly dozed off when Hill gave Trott out when a Rubel bouncer bounced of his helmet and Mushfiq caught it.

LBW decision? Shakib got one against KP in the last match with an armer that was very likely to miss the leg stump.

I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, but you've got to admit that the number of decisions that went against us far outweigh the ones that went against ENG (I'm pretty sure the figure is somewhere around 10-3 for the tour). Thats not to say that its a result of biased umpiring (although i wouldnt be surprised if it was, at least on a subconscious level, given the gap), but we cant pretend we haven't gotten the short end of the stick...

Peace
March 20, 2010, 05:59 PM
5. There will be a sheer lack of LBW decision in this match from this point on, until, of course, Bangladesh comes back to bat again. A "Decision", not a draw - will be forced. Our bowlers won't have much to look forward to, unless they can uproot the stumps 20 times in this match. Anyone can check this out by taking a stat on % of LBW decision in this series so far, and check it against the one taken from this Test at the end.

6. Watch for forcing decisions down the umpire's throats, I mean Hill's throat, Rod is already playing for England.

For us Bangladesh fans: Just relax. England did not come here to hand us a draw. That is out of the question. Won't happen that easily. Don't get your blood pressure up when all the above start happening. Because?

Because they WILL happen.

I think 1st session will be vital tonight. If we can add another 50+ runs, we are unlikely to lose this Test. As for bias umpires, I agree that we are unlikely to get many LBW decisions. You rightly identified that this is going to be a crucial factor in deciding the outcome of this test. This pitch appears to be best suited for LBW trap. And, I will be disappointed if Razzak does not utilise this conditions, with the backing of loud appeals by rest of the players. The boys need to be more assertive, that is put pressure, pressure, and pressure.

Nafi
March 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, .

White english, australian, new zealand are all the same race - anglo- saxon.

But still nonetheless, Racist no. Elitist yes.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2010, 06:05 PM

umpires have made aprox a dozen wrong decisions his series, perhaps more...two or three calls went our way. that means 80% of the "bad calls" are going against us. again, i am going to tabulate the bad calls we've gotten so far in 2010 in tests and ODIs in the India series, NZ series and ENG series. give me a few hours...

now, my assumption is that if "bad calls" are random, as they should be, teams should be "victimized" at an aproximately 50-50 spread. if one team is conisistently benifitting or being harmed by umpiring, it would necessarily mean that umpires are biased, for or against.

and the only way to fight bias is to stand up for oneself.

and that is a counter-bias in and of itself.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
I don't believe that its a racist conspiracy by all white people in the world (Tuckers Australian while Hills from NZ) to put Bangladesh down, but you've got to admit that the number of decisions that went against us far outweigh the ones that went against ENG (I'm pretty sure the figure is somewhere around 10-3 for the tour). Thats not to say that its a result of biased umpiring (although i wouldnt be surprised if it was, at least on a subconscious level, given the gap), but we cant pretend we haven't gotten the short end of the stick...
You prolly got that impression because we magnify umpiring mistakes against us, but happy to overlook mistakes in our favor.

Bruno
March 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
Fight the good fight and we will see. U cant keep a good man down.

tkandi4
March 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
To Al_Furqaan Bhai and others: while testing your hypothesis, can you please also focus on calls against our batsmen and opponents' batsmen? If your test fails to reject 50-50 decision, it may still be misleading. A wrong out against a recognized batsman (Tamim) is not the same as a right out not given against a bowler (Rubel). If you could compare the decisions of batsmen from both teams, it would serve a great purpose. I know it will take a long time to do this test.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 06:44 PM
BTW, I think Nimbus is jerking off BCB by demanding crores for hotspot cameras. NZC is not that rich either, if they can afford to pay extra for UDRS so should be BCB. What BCB need is someone better than Lotus to negotiate with Nimbus (and to save us from all this whining against umps).

cricket_pagol
March 20, 2010, 06:47 PM

Absolutely spot on!

Sometimes the umpiring decision hurts us more because we are usually have one or two players playing a responsible innings while the others throw their wicket away... and if the players playing a long innings get a bad decision, then it hurts us really bad (for example Tamim got a bad one yesterday).

BTW, at this moment I am hoping that the umpires will be consistent in giving bad decisions to both sides for rest of the sessions.

Spitfire_x86
March 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
You prolly got that impression because we magnify umpiring mistakes against us, but happy to overlook mistakes in our favor.
This is how to interpret the match thread comments on umpiring

1. Kill the umpire - Really bad decision, went against us
2. Bad decision - Close call, went against us
3. Nothing - No place for doubt / Close call, in our favor
4. About time we got something in our favor - Really bad decision, went in our favor

IMO, the first test was an average case of bad umpiring in a match involving BD. LBW calls were pretty much alright, 3 dubious caughts were were given- 2 against us (Aftab, Sakib), one in our favor (Trott). So it's not an 80%-20% scenario. Umpiring wise we've had worse and better matches. If we are to accept the 1st test as average case, it's definitely not an 4:1 scenario at all.

Zunaid
March 20, 2010, 06:52 PM
This is how to interpret the match thread comments on umpiring

1. Kill the umpire - Really bad decision, went against us
2. Bad decision - Close call, went against us
3. Nothing - No place for doubt / Close call, in our favor
4. About time we got something in our favor - Really bad decision, went in our favor

Needs a thumbs up!

:notworthy:

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
Well said Spitty.

Though it was still 2:1 ratio against us, I don't think Shakib and Aftab cases were as obvious as the Trott mistake. In case of those two, it seemed to me, on the first look, that the ball went up because of slog sweeps.

Peace
March 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
We have fans like eshen and spitty, no wonder we have umpire like moni, one eyed man. Go and watch 3 ODI’s again, and show us your manipulative statistics.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 07:35 PM
Peace, you seriously want me to relive the horror of watching our boys being whitewashed in an ODI series by a depleted England team on our own backyard?! Come on now, don't hate a fellow fan so much!

Peace
March 20, 2010, 07:43 PM
Peace, you seriously want me to relive the horror of watching our boys being whitewashed in an ODI series by a depleted England team on our own backyard?! Come on now, don't hate a fellow fan so much!
It is not about hating own fans, it is about relaying a powerful message with unity, of course, for deprived cricket fans.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 07:49 PM
It is not about hating own fans, it is about relaying a powerful message with unity, of course, for deprived cricket fans.
Yes, I am guilty of going against group thinking very often. God has given me intelligence to form my own opinions, why not use it?

It's not like agreeing with whatever the mob say here will help Bangladesh team to improve.

Peace
March 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, I am guilty of going against group thinking very often. God has given me intelligence to form my own opinions, why not use it?

It's not like agreeing with whatever the mob say here will help Bangladesh team to improve.
Similarly, I am entitled to say your intelligence is flawed, unless you prove otherwise, unlike the "mob".

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
^^ Peace, intelligence can never be flawed (at least not for normal human), it's more of a matter of how much you use it.

I am sure God has given you intelligence too, may be you should try to use it more often.

Farhad
March 20, 2010, 08:21 PM
White english, australian, new zealand are all the same race - anglo- saxon.

But still nonetheless, Racist no. Elitist yes.

WHAT? :wow: Why wasn't I told??

Peace
March 20, 2010, 08:31 PM
^^ Peace, intelligence can never be flawed (at least not for normal human), it's more of a matter of how much you use it.

I am sure God has given you intelligence too, may be you should try to use it more often.

Intelligence can be flawed if you are brain washed or bribed. Political correctness is big problem in the modern world. It can convert a goru to guru, or conversely.

Farhad
March 20, 2010, 08:31 PM
Umpiring Standards all over the world are going downhill. Anybody watching the Aus - NZ test can attest to that. There are only about 2-3 umpires in the world I have complete faith in atm. In the age of UDRS, umpires are much more likely to give out marginal decisions, and thats a shame. They should just carry on like they always have, and let the teams worry about UDRS...

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 08:42 PM
Umpiring Standards all over the world are going downhill. Anybody watching the Aus - NZ test can attest to that. There are only about 2-3 umpires in the world I have complete faith in atm. In the age of UDRS, umpires are much more likely to give out marginal decisions, and thats a shame. They should just carry on like they always have, and let the teams worry about UDRS...
I think it's a combination of two things -

1) Comparing to past, number of international matches have increased many folds. There is no system in place to produce enough quality umpires for all matches.

2) Human eyes have limitations, umps are bound to make mistakes (even Simon Taufel or Aleem Dar does). In past we could not catch them often as TV technologies were not as improved, but now can catch them almost always.

At the end, there is no real option left but spend extra for UDRS if you care for quality umpiring.

Eshen
March 20, 2010, 08:54 PM
Have to say though that English cricketers looked ridiculous with kind of appeals they were making yesterday. They should be the last bunch of cricketers any umpire should trust. Couple of them (Swann for one) should be fined for excessive appealing.

al-Sagar
March 20, 2010, 09:30 PM
Have to say though that English cricketers looked ridiculous with kind of appeals they were making yesterday. They should be the last bunch of cricketers any umpire should trust. Couple of them (Swann for one) should be fined for excessive appealing.

they were shouting for LBW's where no shots were offered. so where it pitched and where is the impact is no question. only question is will it hit the stump.but out of those appeals almost 99% have no chance of hitting a even a 6th stump. so certainly a excessive appeal issue comes. i think if a bD bowler does even half amount of appeals he will be fined or warned for excessive appeal.

billah
March 21, 2010, 02:17 AM
Like I said - no LBW will be given - Tucker's promise to the English holds true...

Abdur Razzak to Trott, no run, 51.5 mph, Big appeal from bowler and the close fielders! A much better line this time, on middle and Trott pressed forward with bat and pad together. Bangladesh thought the ball had struck the pad first, but the appeal is turned down

billah
March 21, 2010, 03:07 AM
LBW #2 goes a begging....

Rubel Hossain to Pietersen, 2 leg byes, oh that is very close! Slung in full, finding some reverse-swing into Pietersen, beats his attempted drive and it looks very close. Replays show it just clipping the top of leg stump

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 03:14 AM
2 bad decisions already..........

Nocturnal
March 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
amra jokon bat kori tokon shob 50-50 decision amader against a jay ...ar ora jokon bat kore tokon oder favor a jay!! Allah tumi bichar koro ei shob pishch umpire der!! ar to kono upay dekhi na ....BCB to andha oi shob umpire der moto ... eto churi hoy tao kono formal complain kore na!

eto kosto koira khela dekhar por mejaj tai kharap hoya jay ei rokom churi dekle... :(

NKVDv2
March 21, 2010, 03:41 AM

Your problem is that you are confined to your original opinion and primitive measures of success (binary yes/no or win/lose) as ways to define our team's performance.

You still can't get over the fact that Siddons is actually bringing success to us as a team, and hence resort consistently to comparisons that can only put our success in a light that makes it confusing to admit so.

At this point, you may be one of the following, or actually all -

anti bd cricket
anti professional coaching
zealot supporter of all means that hinder our progress

there you go. I am spelling it out for you w/o any constraint. That is something that other readers here have tried to do more tactfully.

The other readers are our cricket players, and you are from the other side.

BangladeshFan
March 21, 2010, 06:19 AM
well cricket is a colonial game and england will always get the umpires playing for them. we are a poor nation, dont have the economic firepower of india or rich cricket tradition of pakistan. why will anyone judge us fairly against the shahebs?? have u ever seen a white bowler being called for chucking, yet i think lee chucks more than shoaib or murali does. waqar and wasim had been called for ball tempering when england batsmen had no clue against their reverse swing but when a england bowler finally learned the trade(waqar was gough's ustad) the world was full of praise for him. but then life is not fair, u have to get on with it and the one who gets on with it and shows his guts usually wins in the end.

about this test, i think we finally got england where we wanted them to be. the pitch will help the spinners more as the test progresses and we batted first. we need to bat well in the 2nd innings hoping imrul and zahurual contribute more with the bat and then hopefully sakib gives more overs to the spinners, riyad and naeem.

oracle
March 21, 2010, 07:11 AM
Billah, I agree on one point - dubious lbw against BD . The LBW dilemma should be handled by this lethargic BCB we got now. Hasina, we want to see some action here!
BCB can press the Indian+SL+ Paki boards to table this asap, please..

auntu
March 21, 2010, 01:23 PM
Only Elite Blind men can doom us.

billah
March 21, 2010, 05:18 PM

I'm sorry Eshen. I have to expose your deliberate attempt in misinformation here.

I reviewed that out myself a few times myself. No one could say with 100% confidence that the ball did not clip the bat before touching the helmet. You can go back and look at the video yourself. From what the umpire saw and heard, it looked like that the ball might have clipped the bat before hitting his helmet. None of the commentators said it was a plain wrong decision based on video review.

None, except for - you.

billah
March 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
One more LBW, not given against Bangladesh.

Rubel Hossain to Prior, no run, oh this is a very close call! Swinging late and full and crashing into Prior's pads bang in front, the umpire Tony Hill shakes his head but replays show it crashing full and hard into leg stump. Very unlucky for Rubel, who's bowling fantastically

oracle
March 21, 2010, 11:07 PM
If this crap from Hill happens again we should boycott this game.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 11:15 PM
this is so frustating.

well this will now demoralize our team and you will see we will loose the line and length very soon

kalpurush
March 21, 2010, 11:20 PM
I just can't believe it!!! How on earth it wasn't given LBW???

Shame on you Hill and Co.:down::down::down::down::down:
T. Hill:outbad: b Miraz c Billah

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:25 AM
One more, from England's best player, Rod Tucker:

Shakib Al Hasan to Bresnan, no run, oh dear, another decision goes against Bangladesh. Bresnan leant forward and this pitched and spun via a clear inside edge on to the pad and looping up to silly point. Bangladesh were very confident but again they have been wrongly denied.

Spitfire_x86
March 22, 2010, 11:04 AM
I guess Hill & Tucker was in a mission to billah right :D

Seriously, I can't remember a worse day of umpiring in our 10 years of Test cricket. Even if UDRS was in action, would it be able to save us? Isn't referral limited to 2 per innings only?

Roni_uk
March 22, 2010, 11:13 AM

Seriously, I can't remember a worse day of umpiring in our 10 years of Test cricket. Even if UDRS was in action, would it be able to save us? Isn't referral limited to 2 per innings only?

2 per innings but if we get it right, its still 2 per innings (i think).

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:12 PM

Just you wait.

If we can take those last 2 wickets quick, and if we can gather some fast runs tomorrow, that injury list will pop up all over the press. England under pressure, because we have a "second string" team playing in Bangladesh, "in their own condition" etc....

Actually, Eshen has already started..

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:15 PM

I am not paranoid, somebody is really out to get me:(

Beamer
March 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
I just feel sorry for our guys. You know they deserve better than this. We have to quickly forget it somehow and play each day as if it was a brand new day. Thats all you can do and they have to do it.

billah
March 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
I just feel sorry for our guys. You know they deserve better than this. We have to quickly forget it somehow and play each day as if it was a brand new day. Thats all you can do and they have to do it.

Well, I'm just glad Shakib opened his mouth about this. Yes, after this travesty, we can keep our heads high for a 4th day on even par. If we had gotten just half of the clear outs, England would have been all out before tea with a large deficit.

This thing went on throughout the series. That Shahadat incident really exposed Tucker for me. Now it's naked and hanging it's butt out the window.

Ajfar
March 22, 2010, 02:23 PM
That Shahadat incident really exposed Tucker for me. Now it's naked and hanging it's butt out the window.

what Shahadat Incidet? what did i miss?

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 02:26 PM
what Shahadat Incidet? what did i miss?

Pathetic decision about Shahadat's catch in the first test.

billah
March 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
what Shahadat Incident? what did i miss?

In the first Test match, ball hit Shahadat's forearm and reached Matt Prior. Rod Tucker immediately gave Shahadat out by lifting his finger. Shahadat was standing his ground, pointing to his forearm, however pointless that might be.

This is not the story. The story is:

Matt actually dropped the catch ! The ball was on the ground. He failed to take the catch ! He did not have the ball ! Although the ball clearly did not even touch the bat & foul mouth Prior was cursing up a storm that he did not take the catch, Tucker gave Shahadat out.

Imagine the mental readiness of Rod Tucker to give our batsmen out ! He is just waiting to give us the finger ! Catch or no catch, you are out !

Finally, the English players pointed out to Tucker that the ball was floored and hundreds of TV cameras were looking. Seeing that there might be a slim chance for an international incident over this, Tucker decided to let Shahadat play. The commentators were gasping, bewildered, holding their breaths, until Rod Tucker reversed his decision to allow Shahadat to play.

Rod Tucker is playing for the English team. And in one drunken stupor he exposed himself.

Hence I opened this much needed thread. Tucker ain't gonna return the money he took. My guess is that he has already spent much of it on alcohol. Hill probably forced him to share some of it with him also, judging by his present tilt.

So, just be prepared of many more "wrong" decisions against us in the final two days. A promise is a promise. Don't think for a moment we can save this match to a draw.

There will be an England win.

AsifTheManRahman
March 22, 2010, 03:11 PM
^ That was very funny indeed. I laughed my buttocks off when I saw that. What a sore loser. The ICC is a joke and now the game is becoming one too.

Ajfar
March 22, 2010, 03:38 PM
so what's bucknor up to these days?

AsifTheManRahman
March 22, 2010, 03:40 PM
Retired?

Bikhari
March 22, 2010, 03:44 PM
Buckner is definitely laughing his hass off.

Ajfar
March 22, 2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.myspace.com/linvoyprimus1

dolcevita
March 22, 2010, 05:05 PM
I am disgusted by these ****er ( well i said **** to these ****ing umper , I may will be ban but this is just heartbreaking stuff from these racist umper )
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Bancan
March 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
In the first Test match, ball hit Shahadat's forearm and reached Matt Prior. Rod Tucker immediately gave Shahadat out by lifting his finger. Shahadat was standing his ground, pointing to his forearm, however pointless that might be.

This is not the story. The story is:

Matt actually dropped the catch ! The ball was on the ground. He failed to take the catch ! He did not have the ball ! Although the ball clearly did not even touch the bat & foul mouth Prior was cursing up a storm that he did not take the catch, Tucker gave Shahadat out.

Imagine the mental readiness of Rod Tucker to give our batsmen out ! He is just waiting to give us the finger ! Catch or no catch, you are out !

Finally, the English players pointed out to Tucker that the ball was floored and hundreds of TV cameras were looking. Seeing that there might be a slim chance for an international incident over this, Tucker decided to let Shahadat play. The commentators were gasping, bewildered, holding their breaths, until Rod Tucker reversed his decision to allow Shahadat to play.

Rod Tucker is playing for the English team. And in one drunken stupor he exposed himself.

Hence I opened this much needed thread. Tucker ain't gonna return the money he took. My guess is that he has already spent much of it on alcohol. Hill probably forced him to share some of it with him also, judging by his present tilt.

So, just be prepared of many more "wrong" decisions against us in the final two days. A promise is a promise. Don't think for a moment we can save this match to a draw.

There will be an England win.
I wanna see this. Is there a video?