PDA

View Full Version : Kapali should get a chance

Pages : [1] 2 3

sir john
March 21, 2010, 04:46 AM
Kapali need a chance in bangladesh team.he can bat as well bowl.

Tormuz
March 21, 2010, 04:49 AM
Why? What has he done since coming back from ICL? Who would you replace him(we already have Riyad/Nayeem)?

Answer me please.

sir john
March 21, 2010, 04:51 AM
In ICL he play superbly,did you follow him.

Eshen
March 21, 2010, 05:01 AM
Sure, he needs a chance, like so many other Bangladeshi cricketers do.

But his immediate concern should be whether he can get a good club next season, considering how poorly he is playing since returning from ICL. As for national team, we now have many allrounder prospects better than he is.

Tormuz
March 21, 2010, 05:03 AM
In ICL he play superbly,did you follow him.

T20 is different ball of game than ODI and Test. A\'m i right?

And all those runs in the icl was against some dredful bowler. yes dredful(when he played against the pakistani team he failed coz they had WC bowlers).

And atm There is at least 5 AR, who is better than alok.

sir john
March 21, 2010, 05:16 AM
He also score a ODI hundred an hatrick in Test.

Shaan
March 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
well he deserves to get another chance like Aftab and Shahriar nafees, but currently our team is full of good players, so, I don't see any place for him to comeback quite soon, unless he does something miraculous with his bat, or the selectors do the miracle who are very capable and love to give surprises.

I wish he can get his good form before he comeback, I vote for yes.

salin
March 21, 2010, 05:55 AM
Why? What has he done since coming back from ICL? Who would you replace him(we already have Riyad/Nayeem)?

Answer me please.

Rajjak! KP is far better than RAJ

Naimul_Hd
March 21, 2010, 05:55 AM
Bangladesh A is gonna some games in couple of months...kapali may be given a chance to play there and then he can be considered for ODI and T20 matches ! cant see any place for him in test replacing nayeem or mahmudullah at the moment !

tiger_club
March 21, 2010, 05:56 AM
all i can say he has lot of catching up to do..

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 05:57 AM
kapali who......

i remember a player name kapali... he used to be a good cricketer.... had a odi hundred, test hattrick but then got off-form and was dropped. then he went to play a stupid tourney ICL and had fun against crap bowlers.

i forgot him. BECAUSE i cannot remember him doing anything good after returning from ICL.

so now does he need another chance ??? first let him prove he is worthy of another chance by playing good in the domestic level

zainab
March 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
We can see if he plays well in the coming T20/20 bashes.

IanW
March 21, 2010, 06:40 AM
Whats he done in the Bangladesh first class comp.

Show me some stats, and tell me how he earned them.

BD-Shardul
March 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
Woah.....Alex is still the heartthrob of some fans.

dolcevita
March 21, 2010, 08:21 AM
No need kapali
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger444
March 21, 2010, 08:34 AM
welcome to bc sir john.. but this is a worthless thread unless you prove the facts..what has he done since the icl? He did well in icl so he deserves to be in the T20 but not ODI/test teams..his average is of a tailender so no way he should be in based on past performances..honestly i think we dont really need anymore batsmen..maybe 1 or 2 more but when roqibul comes back then the spots will get even tightet..doubt he will be on the team..

BanCricFan
March 21, 2010, 08:53 AM
Bring back Kapali to the folds in 6 months given that he does well in A Tours. Not necessarily in the playing xI. We need a thorough rehab programme for the AAA.

Shamim Mia
March 21, 2010, 09:07 AM

Answer me please.

shouldnt replace him put him in t20!!!

1.Tamim 1. Nadim 3. Ashraful 4. Alok Kapeli 5. Aftab 6. Shakibul 6. Mahmuddullah 7. Niyam 8. Rahim(wk) 9.Razzak 10.Mortaza 11. Shafiul

AK420
March 21, 2010, 09:33 AM
Alok Kapali might not be an impressive player but he is so in T20s. Should at least get in the playing XI.

Sohel
March 21, 2010, 10:01 AM
Agree 100% with BCF, and as much as I like Alok, here's the fact: -

MSN* >>> AAA

Don't see how he'll find his way back into the test and ODI sides without MSN faltering badly. Sure that won't happen.

*MahmudullahShakibNayeem: from KP AFAIR.

simon
March 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
He has to do more in Domestic before getting a chance.

Ajfar
March 21, 2010, 10:59 AM

1.Tamim 1. Nadim 3. Ashraful 4. Alok Kapeli 5. Aftab 6. Shakibul 6. Mahmuddullah 7. Niyam 8. Rahim(wk) 9.Razzak 10.Mortaza 11. Shafiul

Miya bhai posted on another thread besides his own thread. this is a big moment, we need to celebrate.

wiseshah
March 21, 2010, 11:10 AM
Ha ha bangladesh sy. I didn't notice that. Miahbhai never posted on other peoples thread. I agree with shamim. Kapali don't deserve test and odi now but he definitely can fit in 2020
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Rabz
March 21, 2010, 11:19 AM
Kapali would gep his chance when he starts to perform.

nycpro96
March 21, 2010, 11:22 AM
Honestly, we don't really need Kapali anymore. We don't really need Aftab or Ashraful too badly either. We have a lot of new cricketers, consistent ones, who are doing well and deserve a spot on the team rather than just being put into the team even though they can't perform.

_Rafi_
March 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
Miya bhai posted on another thread besides his own thread. this is a big moment, we need to celebrate.

Mia vai ar Sir john ki ekoi bakti?

cricket_dorshok
March 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
Kdpp

Neel Here
March 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
yep, gipe him a chance :D

auntu
March 21, 2010, 01:11 PM
He also score a ODI hundred an hatrick in Test.
HHS.
How long he would sell the same old stat?

BanCricFan
March 21, 2010, 01:15 PM
HHS.
How long he would sell the same old stat?

As long as Ashrafool did...youngest centurian on the debut and all :-p

sir john
March 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
I agree that ist he need to prove himself in domestic cricket.

baisab
March 21, 2010, 01:47 PM
Look, if he can perform consistently in the domestics, then i dont think anyone here would object to giving him a chance (look at the example of Omi), he just needs to get back in form and im sure he would get chances to play A team and XI, and if he performs in them he should get a call up, but untill then he should be sidelined.

I actually like the way he plays, and we definately need decent offspinners (to add to riad and naeem) , especially playing against left handed batsmen.

BanCricFan
March 21, 2010, 01:57 PM
Baisab, Ollie is a part-time leggie.

Ashraf-FTP
March 21, 2010, 02:26 PM
I am just waiting for the selectors to give us a surprise -__-

I want AK back though, hes awesome :D

Haradhon
March 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
Who is he going to replace? Is his spin test quality?

Gowza
March 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
kapali's only chance atm to get into the test or ODI team atm is as a spinner because his leggies add a variation that BD doesn't often get and kapali is one of the few leggies they have to choose from. he's done nothing with the bat since the ICL, he did a good job with the ball in the 20/20s earlier in the season though, but since then hasn't really bowled too much.

Rubu
March 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Who is he going to replace? Is his spin test quality?Replace Shakib, or Tamim for that matter. Who cares. As long as the kopali is in(according to many of the fans).

revolver
March 21, 2010, 03:56 PM
most icl indian players got chance in ipl, wondering hw comes no bd icl players got bought by ipl

view360
March 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
[বাংলা]'অলৌকিক কপালের' কেরামতি এখন শেষ । রান না করলে ভাত নেই ।[/বাংলা]

fais
March 21, 2010, 07:29 PM
this is another mindless thread, wat does Kapali offer, we have enough spinner come batsmen in our team who can perform why wud we need an irratic player like kapali? esp. as he is not a single man match winner, he offers nothing

sir john
March 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
Upcoming t20 can decider his future

bura
March 25, 2010, 09:20 PM

this is a path to failure! On any sort of cricket.

bujhee kom
March 25, 2010, 09:24 PM
Upcoming t20 can decider his future

I hope so sir john! As a proud club owner myself, I personally am looking forward to see how Kapali does in the future T20s.

bujhee kom
March 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia

this is a path to failure! On any sort of cricket.

Amader priyo BC-er Nadim Nadstar naki?

bura
March 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
Amader priyo BC-er Nadim Nadstar naki?

i think he meant Nadif

bujhee kom
March 25, 2010, 09:28 PM
i think he meant Nadif

Now we do have a Nadimuddin and then we have Nazimuddin from Chittagong, right?

Dhruvo
March 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
Why should he get a chance now when there are so many better prospects who are more consistent and are in form ? It would be unjust to disregard their performances and give alok a spot in the national team.

Haradhon
March 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
How good is his leg spin? We do not need him as a batsman because we have a few yound batsmen who are performing and will continue to improve over time.
Is he any better than Naeem Islam?
If you bring in leg spinner, he better be a Shane Warne or Anil Kumble, which Kapali is not

Dhruvo
March 25, 2010, 10:01 PM
How good is his leg spin? We do not need him as a batsman because we have a few yound batsmen who are performing and will continue to improve over time.
Is he any better than Naeem Islam?
If you bring in leg spinner, he better be a Shane Warne or Anil Kumble, which Kapali is not
His batting is better than his bowling. He's just a part timer, not enough bowling ability to make any big impact with the ball although he did that in the past, but the past is history.

detshoitan
March 25, 2010, 11:42 PM
his days r over

sir john
March 26, 2010, 03:43 AM
He will make a comeback.

FagunerAgun
March 27, 2010, 08:46 PM
He deserves one or two....jodi laiga jai.

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yes!! needs a chance in sylheti leagues. Dhaka Premier League T20 matches he averaged 12 runs per outing in most recent tournament. That is the form he is holding with the bat after ICL. Before ICL ... "Rubu tumi bedona". He definitely needs a chance there.

Kaj'er binimoi khaddo kormoshuchi. No free rides anymore. Ashraful'er free ride bondho hoiye gasey, Kapali kothakar shharr!!

al-Sagar
March 27, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yes!! needs a chance in sylheti leagues. Dhaka Premier League T20 matches he averaged 12 runs per outing in most recent tournament. That is the form he is holding with the bat after ICL. Before ICL ... "Rubu tumi bedona". He definitely needs a chance there.

Kaj'er binimoi khaddo kormoshuchi. No free rides anymore. Ashraful'er free ride bondho hoiye gasey, Kapali kothakar shharr!!

currently imrul is enjoying the free ride in tests.

sir john
March 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
Try atleast for his bowling.

Sohel
March 27, 2010, 10:24 PM
I supported Alok in light of his back-to-back outstanding performances in the NCL a couple of years ago. Slots were open back then. Now that he has failed to perform in a lower quality NCL, IMHO, I cannot support his inclusion in either the test or the ODI side. Him chickening out of the A Team opportunity against England was also annoying. Maybe he'll perform in the T20s and justify his inclusion in the T20I squad, but I'm not holding my breath.

ahms
March 27, 2010, 11:12 PM
No need kapali

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Absolutely, we have so many new faces knockning. There is no reason to pick a mediocre at best for National Team. Quite frankly, there are so many like him in and around the team, which we are trying to get rid of them. I do not see any point opening a thread for him.

Bond
March 27, 2010, 11:39 PM
if he plays good cricket like ashraful then yes or else no no

al-Sagar
March 28, 2010, 12:42 AM
i think the team would be selected before kapali shows anything

cricket_pagol
March 28, 2010, 01:35 AM
I supported Alok in light of his back-to-back outstanding performances in the NCL a couple of years ago. Slots were open back then. Now that he has failed to perform in a lower quality NCL, IMHO, I cannot support his inclusion in either the test or the ODI side. Him chickening out of the A Team opportunity against England was also annoying. Maybe he'll perform in the T20s and justify his inclusion in the T20I squad, but I'm not holding my breath.

I did not know that he chickened out of that match against England A... very interesting!

However, I still think he is a great batsman and he should force his way into the team by playing good cricket!

_Rafi_
March 28, 2010, 01:46 AM
if he plays good cricket like ashraful then yes or else no no

apni ki vai Ash er chachato vai. Ash kokhon good cricket khello? Last NCL e Ash er performence kheyal korechilen tho?
Btw apni ki Murad vai k chinen?

nannu
March 28, 2010, 01:55 AM
bd team e chance dawar din shesh...

ekhon shudhu performance , performance, performance

samlove01
March 28, 2010, 09:18 AM
'I didn't ever want to come out of that zone'

How a man given to shouldering bowlers and mouthing off at them buckled down to play a knock of monk-like discipline

Interview by Sidharth Monga

March 28, 2010
Comments: 13 | New! Post yours as Sohail Khan | Text size: A | A

March 2009 in Napier is a time in life Gautam Gambhir happily transports himself back to. There is an unmistakable glee in his eyes when he talks about his match-saving 643-minute marathon, for just 137 runs. No man has batted longer in the second innings in 10 years. It is the fifth-longest effort in second innings in all Test cricket. By his own admission an impulsive man, Gambhir looks back at the three days of his most uncharacteristic innings.

VVS Laxman has a chat with Gautam Gambhir, New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Napier, 5th day, March 30, 2009
Hold on VVS, I don't want to talk © AFP
Related Links
Players/Officials: Gautam Gambhir | VVS Laxman | Sachin Tendulkar
Matches: New Zealand v India at Napier
Teams: India

Do you think that was the best you played?
I think that's the best I have played because of my concentration, because I had to play out of my skin. Being an impatient guy, even off the field, I would always look to score runs and score them quickly. Sometimes I panic if runs are not coming. So I had to play out of my skin, out of my comfort zone. It was a big achievement for me.

Do you remember exactly how many minutes and balls?
Ten hours and some minutes. Balls I don't remember.

You have played long innings before. You have scored double-centuries. But you score double-centuries in, say, eight hours, sometimes less, here you played 11 hours for just 137. Did you think you could play that kind of innings?
I had it in me. It used to hurt me that people thought I didn't have the technique and the temperament to play Test cricket. Scoring three double-hundreds in first-class cricket, obviously I had something in me.

What was the feeling when you went in to bat the second time, after making 16 in the first innings?
It was very difficult, batting two-and-a-half days to save the Test. I always thought it was a matter of taking it one hour at a time. Taking it one drinks break at a time, and then playing till the next break. If I had thought that I had to bat two-and-a-half days, I would never have been able to do it.

What was the longest innings you had played till then?
Must have batted for one-and-a-half days, that's about it.

Going back: day three, stumps, Viru was out already. What were you thinking in the evening? What did you do that evening?
I remember, I called up a very close friend and told him I had a very strong gut feeling that I was going to bat for two days. It was very instinctive. I was batting on 20-something. I got to the room and just called him up. He said, "It's not going to be easy." I said, "I know, but somehow I am getting the feeling that I will be able to save this Test match." Then it just happened.

The score moved slowly. In a normal innings you have milestones - say, 25 runs, 50 runs - where you switch off and come back on. What was it here? Runs couldn't have been, because you were scoring 12 runs an hour.
If I had said I had to bat through two-and-a-half days, it wouldn't be possible. As I said, I broke it down to drinks breaks and then session breaks. At one point I was taking it five overs at a time. Five overs, then five overs, then drinks would come. So I had to break it up into very, very small goals. That's how it worked.

During the long partnerships with Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar, did you talk much?
There was a time when I was batting with Sachin when I scored one run in about an hour. I got stuck for one-and-a-half hours. I wasn't even in the zone of scoring runs. I wasn't looking to score runs. I don't know why. So I told Sachin, "First of all, I have got stuck. For one hour I haven't scored a run. On top of that, I am not even looking to score runs. It's a completely new place for me to be in." He said, "Sometimes what you are doing for the team is much more important than your personal goals. I think this innings will take you to another level. Don't think about your individual score, just think about the team. Maybe this innings will be the best you have played for India, and this could be the best anybody can play." That helped me concentrate harder and keep myself in the zone. Otherwise I was on the verge of losing concentration and trying to break the shackles.

When you were playing like that, do you realise that you have not scored many runs and if I you were to get out in three hours you would have scored only 40, and the team would not be in a much better position?
But we were looking to save the Test, not win it. If we were looking to win it would have been a crime.

"I remember I called up a very close friend and told him I had a very strong gut feeling that I was going to bat for two days. It was very instinctive. I was batting on 20-something then"

But still, if you are scoring faster you know you have at least erased the deficit. This way, you are taking a big risk, so to speak
We were so much behind that it was immaterial. And time was equally important. Reducing the deficit was important, but I decided time was more important.

Before lunch on the fourth day, you stepped out and hit Daniel Vettori over the infield twice in one over. Was that a release of tension? Because they had bowled a couple good overs leading up to that.
I got to 50 by stepping out and hitting Vettori. I also remember I stepped out and hit him over midwicket when I was on 98. I was getting nervous, and that milestone was distracting me from the main goal. So I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

When you start out on such an innings, you say, "Okay, let's see. Then you have played five or six hours and you think, "Wow, it's possible." Does that mean more pressure?
Exactly. I thought, "Okay, let's see." After four or five hours, you think, "Look I am set, I can do it, I have done half of it." You get more nervous because it's a possibility, but with me, it made me more determined.

They must have tried to lure you. Attacking fields. Flighted deliveries.
There were times with five fielders around me. There was a lot of temptation, but I was playing completely out of my skin.

Did they try to sledge you?
No they didn't. New Zealand is one team who never sledge.

Did you feel physically tired? Did that affect you at any time?
After I got out, I was physically exhausted. When I was playing, I didn't feel a thing. I was so much into it.

Anxiety in the 90s?
Oh, in the 90s I am usually very anxious. I just wanted to cross that milestone. And also stumps was approaching. I needed to just get it out of the way.

What did Sachin tell you after you reached your hundred?
The best moment was when he hugged me. It is the best moment of my career.

How did you spend the fourth evening?
I was so exhausted after the end of the day's play, I went back, ate and slept. The only thing was the next day.

Gautam Gambhir celebrates his century, New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Napier, 4th day, March 29, 2009
"If someone asks me if I can do that again in my life, it's an absolute no" © Getty Images

Could you get sleep?
What happens is, when you are very tired you don't sleep well. I managed to sleep, but I got up very early. The only thought was how I had to bat the whole day.

Did you follow any routines?
I was listening to one song, and just kept listening to it on loop.

Throwdowns, nets?
I don't do throwdowns. Just hit a couple of balls. If I am middling them, it's fine.

Fifth morning. Did something inside you say, "Okay it's easy to hit a quick 50, we are almost there"?
Never. The only thought was that I had to bat as long as I could.

What was your favourite phase of the innings?
I remember I was in that zone. I was batting with Laxman and I didn't utter a word. I never wanted to come out of that zone. I was so much into that concentration. It was so high when Sachin got out on the fifth day and when Laxman batted with me, for one and a half hours I didn't say anything. He said, "Why aren't you speaking?" I said, "I am in that zone, I am fully concentrating on the ball. I don't want to come out."

Was that the best you have felt on a cricket field?
Absolutely. There was only one thing in my mind and that was the ball.

Viru called you the best opener since Gavaskar.
Had anyone else said that I wouldn't have taken it seriously. But coming from him... he must have seen something. It matters. It made me happy.

What was the first thing you did after getting out?
I didn't take off my pads for 45 minutes. I don't know, I was so much into it I just couldn't take off my pads. And after I took the pads off, I was absolutely gone.

How did you celebrate that day?
I was very happy. Laxman came up to me and told me it was the best Test innings he had ever seen. Coming from these greats it makes you very happy.

How do you look back at those three days?
If someone asks me whether I can do that again in my life, it's an absolute no. It just happens. That zone just happens. Anybody would say no.

Sidharth Monga is a staff writer at Cricinfo
RSS Feeds: Sidharth Monga

Think Abt It.....With This Innings He Cement his place in INdian Team and now he is the best opener in the world...

Just playing cricket for the country is the achivement.. Playing 2 save the country matters a lot.. He Did IT... Cant We...

Temperment,paitience and concentration is the main thing for a player..he work a lot on his batting.. he wont throw his wicket if runs wont come 2 him..

think abt it guys.. We hav lot of expections from u..

Ajfar
March 28, 2010, 09:40 AM
^^^^ you my friend need to open your eyes and see where you are.

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2010, 11:26 AM
He has not just one but several chances in the PCL and then in the NCL to prove his worth ahead of the world cup.

auntu
March 28, 2010, 12:59 PM
bd team e chance dawar din shesh...

Ekhon shudhu performance , performance, performance
[বাংলা]হক কথার এক কথা।
এইটাই এই সুতা সিল গালা করার জন্য যথেষ্ঠ।[/বাংলা]

cricman
March 28, 2010, 01:13 PM
He has not just one but several chances in the PCL and then in the NCL to prove his worth ahead of the world cup.

You have name your final 15 by the 30th ... So if he doesn't make the cut for the T20, than he'll have the rest of the PCL and the NCL T20 to prove his worth for the future tours, Asia Cup/A Team/Eng ODI's

mij
March 28, 2010, 01:35 PM
this is another mindless thread, wat does Kapali offer, we have enough spinner come batsmen in our team who can perform why wud we need an irratic player like kapali? esp. as he is not a single man match winner, he offers nothing
:up:

sir john
March 28, 2010, 01:35 PM
He have enough Cricket to play.

FagunerAgun
March 28, 2010, 01:36 PM
[বাংলা]হক কথার এক কথা।
এইটাই এই সুতা সিল গালা করার জন্য যথেষ্ঠ।[/বাংলা]
:-D, auntu's teton teton kotha.

bujhee kom
March 28, 2010, 02:03 PM

Happy 40th birthday dearest mij bhai!
Hope you had a great day!

Shehwar
March 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
May be as a wild card...he has the ability for sure and what if he delivers when it matters? I remember the days when Bulbul used to go through really lean patches in domestic cricket...Hardly score a run against third grade bowlers and then he gets selected and BANG!!! The 69* agaisnt India at the Independence Cup '98 and his 145 in our very first test springs to mind in particular. I think in that season his highest score in the domestic arena in all forms was 43 but the selectors knew what a gem he was. Not saying Kapali is in Bulbul's league but you never know!

Shaan
March 28, 2010, 05:27 PM
May be as a wild card...he has the ability for sure and what if he delivers when it matters? I remember the days when Bulbul used to go through really lean patches in domestic cricket...Hardly score a run against third grade bowlers and then he gets selected and BANG!!! The 69* agaisnt India at the Independence Cup '98 and his 145 in our very first test springs to mind in particular. I think in that season his highest score in the domestic arena in all forms was 43 but the selectors knew what a gem he was. Not saying Kapali is in Bulbul's league but you never know!

exactly.. this guy has lots of potentials, hope he can click some of these coming games soon. He deserves few chances like Aftab and SN, how we can know unless he is given chances, if others can get chances !

Tiger444
March 28, 2010, 05:44 PM
Im just shocked at why people love this guy so much..28 yes and 28 no? Wat has he done since icl? Or an even better question what has he done in the past 2 get a spot? An average of only 19.83 in 65 ODIs and an average of a 17.69 in tests is just horrible..against the top 8 teams his average is a 21.3 in 51 ODI matches with 1 hundred and 4 half centuries..again not that great..sure its better then aftab and SN but i would put them all on the same boat..overall we just have more reliable players 2 rely on..also we have a lot of players with talent so i would rather not give a chance 2 a player that has failed in the past..let him perform in the domestic matches before we consider him..so far he hasnt done anything good enough 2 earn an inclusion in2 the national team..maybe T20's but he still has 2 perform in the PCL..i think siddons likes him better then all the iclers but still he isnt good enough 2 be in the team yet in my opinion..

BangladeshFan
March 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
kapali did quite well in ICL, so he definitely deserves a look from the selectors. we desperately need a natural stroke maker at number 4 or 5 which boosts the batting. I hope selectors take a good look at him in the PCL

Bond
March 28, 2010, 09:21 PM
I hope so sir john! As a proud club owner myself, I personally am looking forward to see how Kapali does in the future T20s.

bhai which club?:-D

Bond
March 28, 2010, 09:23 PM
apni ki vai Ash er chachato vai. Ash kokhon good cricket khello? Last NCL e Ash er performence kheyal korechilen tho?
Btw apni ki Murad vai k chinen?

No comments.

al-Sagar
March 28, 2010, 09:28 PM
i am not sure abput the fixture changes of pcl.... but i think alok is gonna play today

so lets see how he goes.

i think the t20 team is gonna be declared very soon.... and lets see what happens

Tiger444
March 28, 2010, 10:33 PM
kapali did quite well in ICL, so he definitely deserves a look from the selectors. we desperately need a natural stroke maker at number 4 or 5 which boosts the batting. I hope selectors take a good look at him in the PCL

He definitely should get a look..he is a good stroke maker and no matter what level he did score a century in T20's which is special..i dont know about 4 or 5 though..because thats probably where mushfiq and shakib will be batting..i think if he got picked, he will come in before naeem..thing is his icl success is kinda far back and since then he hasnt performed in domestics..so this pcl is huge 4 him..hes a great talent like aftab but like him he has underachieved big time..so lets see if he can bounce back..

auntu
March 29, 2010, 01:24 AM
:-D, auntu's teton teton kotha.
[বাংলা]আপনাদের দোয়ায়।[/বাংলা] hehe
:D

Shehwar
March 29, 2010, 02:12 AM
Well Sir Vivian Richards pointed him out specially years back as a special talent! There has to be something to that!!!

auntu
March 29, 2010, 02:36 AM
Well Sir Vivian Richards pointed him out specially years back as a special talent! There has to be something to that!!!

He sure is a talent.
But he has wasted his talent over last couple of years.

I can still remember his flashy series against WI. It was a ray of light for Bangladesh cricket. But following years were frustrating for the fans.

I was a fan of Alok's classy batting. But he has proved to be too inconsistent to be supported.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2010, 09:48 AM

Talent not converted in to runs means nothing. Even if Bradman, Sobers, Richards, Tendu combinedly attests someone.

As I said, averaged 12 in the last T20 with the bat. I await to see what he averages in PCL and NCL T20 also.

auntu
March 29, 2010, 01:39 PM
[বাংলা]আজকে কাপালীর বোলিং দেখলাম অনেক দিন পরে।
ব্যাটা যে রকম খোদার খাসিতে রূপান্তরিত হয়েছে। এখনও ক্রিকেট যে খেলতে পারছে এই অনেক।[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2010, 01:50 PM
[বাংলা]আজকে কাপালীর বোলিং দেখলাম অনেক দিন পরে।
ব্যাটা যে রকম খোদার খাসিতে রূপান্তরিত হয়েছে। এখনও ক্রিকেট যে খেলতে পারছে এই অনেক।[/বাংলা]
I really don't get this. What is with everyone getting bhuri and stuff? They are athletes for crying out loud.

Ashraful, Aftab, Mashrafe, Alok ek se ek shobgula? These are the ones who have been trained and should know the value of diet first hand.

auntu
March 29, 2010, 02:12 PM
i really don't get this. What is with everyone getting bhuri and stuff? They are athletes for crying out loud.

Ashraful, aftab, mashrafe, alok ek se ek shobgula? These are the ones who have been trained and should know the value of diet first hand.
[বাংলা]আমিও মিজান ভাই। আফতাবের ভুড়িও দেখলাম টি-শার্ট দিয়ে ঢেকে রাখা যাচ্ছে না।
এটা কি অল্পতে তুষ্টির ব্যাপারটা চলে আসছে। ফাকিবাজী এবং কম পরিশ্রম করার ব্যাপারতো আছেই। সিডন্সও এই দিকে ইঙ্গিত দিয়েছিলো।

সত্যিই দুঃখজনক।[/বাংলা]

Equinox
March 29, 2010, 02:25 PM
Looks like he got some runs today. Did anyone see his batting? His bowling looked ordinary.

Ajfar
March 29, 2010, 05:14 PM
I'm tired of the hearing the word talent. Forget talent, we need hard workers like Riyad.

zainab
March 29, 2010, 05:26 PM
From what I have seen of him, he seems to have put on weight.

Sohel
March 30, 2010, 03:17 AM
His batting looked comfortable and elegant before ATN Bangla "news" cut into the game as usual. So I missed most of his 32 runs. What I didn't, couldn't miss was his weight!

The mutton from Meherpur is the best in the world because the the fat is flavored by jackfruit leaves, the only things these once Turko-Persian animals are allowed to eat since birth. Not sure how they'll do away from the dinner table and with the bat at the highest level.

al-Sagar
March 30, 2010, 04:10 AM
so he did not get the chance.... no complains.

better luck next time
end of ... ... ...

banglacricpagol
March 30, 2010, 04:19 AM

exactly kapali doesnt offer anything on the table.... if he does excellent with the bat in the PCl then can only he be considered for t20 wc. and by excellent consistent 40+ scores at good strike rate... otherwise no point

Shaan
March 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
exactly kapali doesnt offer anything on the table.... if he does excellent with the bat in the PCl then can only he be considered for t20 wc. and by excellent consistent 40+ scores at good strike rate... otherwise no point

so why Ashrafull and Aftab is there plus Imrul ??

zainab
April 2, 2010, 06:21 AM
After the PCL and if he performs well in the NCL, he might get a chance to come back into the National team, but I think that he will be comfortable in the A team.
I like the competition that is taking place now for a spot in the National team.

al-Sagar
April 2, 2010, 09:45 PM
kapali was asked to play for academy team against bahrain and A team against england for odi and FC.

but he withdrew his name everytime

Ajfar
April 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
^^ that's because at the time he was family family issue, I believe some one in his family died.

Gowza
April 2, 2010, 09:55 PM
well from reports he's put on some weight so i'd hazard a guess that he's lost a bit of fitness. i'd like to see him get into shape, score some runs, take some wickets and comeback to the national team but he's got to put in the hard yards just like anyone should have to.

sir john
April 2, 2010, 11:31 PM
Fitness is a worry.

tiger1000
April 3, 2010, 01:34 PM
bad domestic form, averages 25 with the bat

BANFAN
April 9, 2010, 02:47 AM
Let's see what he does in NCL T20. I have high expectations....

auntu
April 9, 2010, 12:27 PM
^^^ Yes this NCL should be his golden opportunity to return to the national side.

sir john
April 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hope for best at last.

zainab
April 11, 2010, 05:18 AM
If he performs well, he should be given a chance in the Asia Cup.

Shaan
April 12, 2010, 02:19 AM
Kapali did a good job today, some classy boundaries were there !!

al-Sagar
April 12, 2010, 02:46 AM
bad luck that his performances are coming after the team was selected.

well today was a good innings but he needs to show consistency until the selectors meet again for the section of the next team

Equinox
April 12, 2010, 07:09 AM
He is the best T20 batsman in the country.

Anher
April 12, 2010, 09:51 AM
He has to perform consistantly in order to get into National side again. Who knows if he performs well in NCLT20 and if he get lucky we might see him in coming world cup. We all know players get injured but ofcourse i dont want anyone from world cup suqad get injured. They all deserve their place in World cup squad.

BANFAN
April 12, 2010, 03:21 PM
He is fantastic in T20. Looks to be in same form as ICL

Ishtylish cricketer
April 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
Kapali cannot break into the team as an allrounder anymore. His bowling is really inconsistent.

Tiger444
April 12, 2010, 04:12 PM
I gotta admit he had a very good 39 ball 49..very solid score in the 1st T20..but lets not jump in2 conclusions as of yet that hes the best T20 player in the country and that hes getting consistent yet..lets see if he can continue the success..the problem has never been that he hasnt has big scores..problem is his consistency..if he cant prove 2 be consistent then he should not be considered..but hopefully he can continue the success..hes 2 good of a player 2 not play 4 the national team again..

zainab
April 12, 2010, 06:01 PM
He might get picked for the Asia Cup squad, he did perform well in the last Asia cup.

Bond
April 12, 2010, 07:37 PM
Kapali cannot break into the team as an allrounder anymore. His bowling is really inconsistent.

His bowling is better than Rubel and Shafiul put together lol, I say drop one of those useless pacer maybe Rubel as Shafiul batting might come in handy and bring in Alok

al-Sagar
April 12, 2010, 08:39 PM
lets see what he does today

al-Sagar
April 12, 2010, 08:40 PM
if he scores a duck then everybody change their tune about kapali

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
Why do they have these games during the day? Raate current thake na bole? :)

Bond
April 12, 2010, 09:23 PM
Why do they have these games during the day? Raate current thake na bole? :)

bhai police and hawaldars fined my chacha 5000 taka for turning on the generator and ac:mad:

Ajfar
April 12, 2010, 10:07 PM
bhai police and hawaldars fined my chacha 5000 taka for turning on the generator and ac:mad:

aie takar koto percent police ar hawaladar bhaijan er pockete jabe?

bdtiger
April 15, 2010, 08:51 PM
[বাংলা]আফসোস বাড়াচ্ছেন অলক[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-04-15-18-41-36-011617400-alok.jpg

[বাংলা]অলক কাপালির ব্যাট হেসেই চলেছে আর বাড়ছে আফসোস! টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ দলেই যে তিনি নেই। কাল এমনই আফসোস বাড়ানো ঝোড়ো ইনিংস খেলার পথে [/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]প্রেসবক্সে কেবলই আফসোস ছড়ালেন অলক কাপালি। এনসিএল টি-টোয়েন্টি লিগে প্রথম দুই ম্যাচে ৪৯ আর ৩৩ রানের পর কাল ৩৮ বলে ৬২। অথচ এই অলকই কি না নেই টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের বাংলাদেশ দলে!
মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে রাজশাহী রেঞ্জার্সের সামনে টুর্নামেন্টের সর্বোচ্চ ১৮২ রানের চ্যালেঞ্জ ছুড়ে দেওয়া সুলতানস অব সিলেটের ২৬ রানের জয়ে অলকের ইনিংসের বড় অবদান। এর আগে সকালে বিকেএসপিতে সাইক্লোনস অব চিটাগং প্রথম জয়ের দেখা পেয়েছে বাঁহাতি পেসার কাজী কামরুলের বোলিং আর তামিম ইকবালের ব্যাটিং-নৈপুণ্যে। বরিশাল ব্লেজার্সকে তারা হারিয়েছে ৮ উইকেটে।
শ্রীলঙ্কান ওপেনার কৌশল্য বীরারত্নে আর ধীমান ঘোষের ওপেনিং জুটিতে ৬.৩ ওভারেই ৫৫ রান। অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাকে নিয়ে সুলতানস অব সিলেটকে অস্পর্শনীয় দূরত্বে নিয়ে যাওয়ার বাকি কাজটা করেছেন অলক। মাশরাফি ১৭ বলে ২৬ রান করে মুক্তার আলীর বলে বোল্ড হয়ে গেলেও সোহরাওয়ার্দীর বলে অলক এক্সট্রা কাভারে নাদিফের ক্যাচ হয়েছেন শেষ ওভারে। গ্যালারির হাজার দুয়েক দর্শক অলক-ঝড়ের চুম্বক অংশটা দেখে নিয়েছে ঠিক আগের দুই ওভারেই। মুক্তারের করা ইনিংসের ১৮তম ওভারে এসেছে ১৮, তাতে লং অন দিয়ে মারা ছক্কাটিসহ অলকেরই ১১। শফিউলের পরের ওভারে আসা ১৭ রানের ১৭-ই অলকের, বাউন্ডারিতেই ১৬ রান। সাত বাউন্ডারি আর ওই এক ছক্কায় ফিফটি করেছেন ৩২ বলে, পরে চার মেরেছেন আরও দুটি।
ছয় নম্বর ব্যাটসম্যান শুভাগত হোমের ফিফটিটা না হলে ৬০ রানে ৪ উইকেট হারানো রাজশাহী রেঞ্জার্সের জন্য পরাজয়ের ব্যবধান হতে পারত আরও বড়। ৪ ছক্কা আর দুই বাউন্ডারিতে শুভাগতের ৫১ রান অবশ্য দর্শক বিনোদনেরই উপলক্ষ্য হলো কেবল, রাজশাহীর টানা দ্বিতীয় হার এড়ানোর সহায় হতে পারেনি। কৃতিত্বটা সিলেটের দুই বোলার ফরিদউদ্দিন আর মোশাররফ হোসেনের। ৩ উইকেট করে নিয়েছেন দুজনই, ফরিদ তো অলককে টপকে ম্যান অব ম্যাচের পুরস্কারটাও নিলেন।
তাতে অবশ্য অলকের কোনো আফসোস নেই, আফসোস নেই টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের দলে থাকতে না পেরেও, ‘যে সময়টায় বিভিন্ন দলে খেলার জন্য আমাকে নির্বাচকেরা ডেকেছিলেন, তখন আমার শারীরিক অবস্থা খুবই খারাপ ছিল। জীবনের চেয়ে তো আর খেলাটা বড় না! বিশ্বকাপ নিয়ে তাই আমার কোনো আফসোস নেই।’ তবে এই এনসিএল টি-টোয়েন্টি লিগে একটা প্রতিজ্ঞা নিয়েই নেমেছেন তিনি, ‘এই টুর্নামেন্টের সব ম্যাচে আমি ধারাবাহিকভাবে রান করতে চাই।’
সেটা অলক করছেনও। সাইক্লোনস অব চিটাগংয়ের ওপেনার তামিম ইকবাল অলকের মতো এতটা ধারাবাহিক না হলেও কাল পেলেন লিগে নিজের দ্বিতীয় ফিফটি। বিকেএসপিতে বরিশাল ব্লেজার্সের ৯২ রানের মামুলি সংগ্রহ টপকাতে গিয়ে সাইক্লোনসের তামিম একাই করেছেন ৫১ বলে অপরাজিত ৬৫। তবে ম্যান অব দ্য ম্যাচের পুরস্কার এখানেও উঠেছে একজন বোলারের হাতে। ২৩ রানে ৪ উইকেট নিয়ে বরিশালকে অত অল্প রানে বেঁধে ফেলার আসল কাজটা যে করেছেন পেসার কাজী কামরুল! ১৫ রানে ৩ উইকেট নিয়েছেন এনামুল জুনিয়রও। বরিশালের সর্বোচ্চ স্কোরার শাহরিয়ার নাফীস (৩৩ বলে ৩০) আর মাহমুদুল হাসানকে পর পর দুই বলে ফিরিয়ে হ্যাটট্রিকের সম্ভাবনাও জাগিয়েছিলেন এই বাঁহাতি স্পিনার।[/বাংলা]

beshideshi
April 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
Its really exciting to see Alok in some great T20 form. He can surely be a feature in the T20 side, if not the ODI/Test side yet. According to the newspapers, he lost faith in the board, expected that he will never be called[after ICL] and when he was declared the Icon for SS, he felt he still has chance and performed.

babubangla
April 15, 2010, 09:51 PM
[বাংলা]কাপালী যখন এতই ভালো খেলছে, তো কি আর করা... বিশ্বকাপ দলের কেউ একজন "অনিবার্য কারনবশতঃ" আহত বা অসুস্থ হয়ে গেলেই হয়। এই আহত বা অসুস্থ খেলোয়াড়টির জন্য বোর্ড নিশ্চয়ই "প্রয়োজনীয় চিকিৎসার" ব্যবস্থা করবে। [/বাংলা]

al-Sagar
April 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
well i think he will get selected for the A team games against SA and WI.

if he can perform there he may get a call up for the england tour

kalpurush
April 15, 2010, 10:21 PM
[বাংলা]কাপালী যখন এতই ভালো খেলছে, তো কি আর করা... বিশ্বকাপ দলের কেউ একজন "অনিবার্য কারনবশতঃ" আহত বা অসুস্থ হয়ে গেলেই হয়। এই আহত বা অসুস্থ খেলোয়াড়টির জন্য বোর্ড নিশ্চয়ই "প্রয়োজনীয় চিকিৎসার" ব্যবস্থা করবে। [/বাংলা]
One "A" out of AA could make the way...?!;)

wiseshah
April 15, 2010, 11:26 PM
I think razzaq is awful this days, can't believe how he missed catch, I think he has serious fitness issue, hope he can make way for kapali by withdrawing his name

wiseshah
April 15, 2010, 11:27 PM
Ashraful is doing good bowling. If we play him in lower order, it won't be bad at all.
Aftabs form is worry, so is mushfiq

rest all are doing fine

auntu
April 15, 2010, 11:37 PM
Nothing to be frustrated abot Alok's absent in the WC squad.
Just remember Nazimuddin and Riyad.

sir john
July 1, 2010, 01:42 AM
he did't get again selected for england tours,he need a chance,

sir john
July 1, 2010, 01:44 AM
selector drop naeem islam,he can replace naeem,as he is a good allrounder,
but at last selector decision is final,

BANFAN
July 1, 2010, 04:43 AM
I think he should have got a chance. He deserves it. I don't know the reason why he is not being called at all.

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 05:00 AM
I think he should have got a chance. He deserves it. I don't know the reason why he is not being called at all.

there's definitely some filthy politics going on

Nadim
July 1, 2010, 05:16 AM
He got called up for BD A team twice this yr and both time he refused to play

Reason: once he said his dada died...
......2nd time he said he said he wasn't feeling well.......

2nd reason is defo a excuse....HE IS ANOTHER LAZY COW LIKE AFTAB. and we dont have any place for the lazy cow in the NT team so a big NO.

sir john
July 1, 2010, 05:57 AM
But what the problem in the giving him few chances.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

anshuman
July 1, 2010, 06:03 AM
Kapali should be picked for the ODI series

lamisa
July 1, 2010, 06:29 AM
But what the problem in the giving him few chances.

when ashraful can have a million chances

Tiger444
July 1, 2010, 08:19 AM
People just don't want to let up Alok do they? From what I remember he was having family problems which I respect but looking at him in the T20 league he just looks so out of shape..I'm never a fan of giving out of shape athletes a look in to the national team..also what did he do in the national team that was so special? Ya I admit that 115 was very impressive against India but since he came back that time he played 10 matches and averaged a 20.6 with that 115 take that innings out and thats an average of only a 10..I don't care where you bat, if you have a once in a blue moon innings just to have your average at 20 then thats pretty poor..the players we have now are much more consistent and if you look at it Alok is just another Ash..That being said I do rate the guy higher then Aftab since he has 8 FC centuries compared to Aftab's 1 FC century..but honestly when was the last time Alok really performed in domestics? Ya he performed in T20 domestics and thats where he could've and should've gotten chances but in List A's and FC's hes been poor..I would rather give guys that deserve it more..Faisal deserves it way more then Alok and I'm happy he got the chance instead..

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 09:52 AM
He got called up for BD A team twice this yr and both time he refused to play

Reason: once he said his dada died...
......2nd time he said he said he wasn't feeling well.......

2nd reason is defo a excuse....HE IS ANOTHER LAZY COW LIKE AFTAB. and we dont have any place for the lazy cow in the NT team so a big NO.

absolute ditto

Baundule
July 1, 2010, 11:03 AM
No one should get a free entry to the national team. Alok needs to prove his fitness and form. In terms of individual players, the national team does not need much changes. Only one or two out of form players may be replaced by the inform ones outside the team.

I rate Alok as a very good player and I think he can be a good no. 4 for us. But he is no Messiah; he misused many of the chances he got in the past. Therefore, he also needs to earn his place by performance.

Tiger444
July 1, 2010, 12:54 PM
No one should get a free entry to the national team. Alok needs to prove his fitness and form. In terms of individual players, the national team does not need much changes. Only one or two out of form players may be replaced by the inform ones outside the team.

I rate Alok as a very good player and I think he can be a good no. 4 for us. But he is no Messiah; he misused many of the chances he got in the past. Therefore, he also needs to earn his place by performance.

A good player? A player who averages below a 20 cannot be rated as a good player..ya I think he has talent but that doesn't mean he's a good player..a good player in my book is a person who has talent, works hard on his game AND performs well on a consistent basis..if what Nadim said was true then he surely isn't a hard worker and just looking at him he doesn't look fit and he surely doesn't perform on a consistent basis..just seems like another Ash 2 me..Putting a player that inconsistent at #4 is really a bad idea in my opinion..I think if he ever wants 2 get into the national team then he has to compete with Naeem at #8..

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 01:14 PM
selector drop naeem islam,he can replace naeem,as he is a good allrounder,
but at last selector decision is final,
Are you Kapali behind the computer? I have a feeling you are kapali. Well if you are, listen up you lazy dude! Go work out, get in shape. Go practice. Coming to BC and asking to get picked isn't gonna help. You have to play for A team and all that, before you can even think about NT team.

And if you aren't Kapali, but just a fan/family, well I got news for you. Your boy suck! I am sorry he hasn't done anything to get called up. He got that fluke 100 v Ind, and murdered those Indian teenage kids in ICL, and hasn't done anything since.

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 01:21 PM
when ashraful can have a million chances
Ashraful actually works hard. He is just screwed up in the head. Ashraful is one of the fittest guy on the team. Since he joined the team as a 17 year old, when was he not playing for injury? (Knock on wood) And there is more chance of him hitting a 100 any day, and win you matches, then Alok scoring a 50. So just because Ashraful gets a chance over and over again, doesn't mean everyone else should. You have to realize who Ashraful is.

Ajfar
July 1, 2010, 03:04 PM
You have to realize who Ashraful is.

who is Ashraful? Please enlighten me. Here is what I know so far about his ODI career.
ODI appearances = 161.
ODI average = 23.59.

Ashraful is no different that Tamim Or Kapali. Everyone in the team should be treated equally. You perform you get selected you don't perform you don't get selected simple as that. National team is not mamar bari, no one should be handed chances over and over. Everyone has to earn it be it Ashraful or tamim.

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 03:27 PM
Ashraful is like Afridi. Would Afridi get dropped? No. You keep him because you never know when is gonna click. If I had to pick one of them to, I would never pick Kapali. I would rather see Ashraful's 3 ball 10 runs then 40 balls 15 runs. That's who Ashraful is.

I am not a Ashfanboy, I am glad he is dropped. I am just giving the fact behind his 161 too many chances.

sir john
July 1, 2010, 11:15 PM
Are you Kapali behind the computer? I have a feeling you are kapali. Well if you are, listen up you lazy dude! Go work out, get in shape. Go practice. Coming to BC and asking to get picked isn't gonna help. You have to play for A team and all that, before you can even think about NT team.

And if you aren't Kapali, but just a fan/family, well I got news for you. Your boy suck! I am sorry he hasn't done anything to get called up. He got that fluke 100 v Ind, and murdered those Indian teenage kids in ICL, and hasn't done anything since.

iam just his fan,what i think i post here nothing personal man,
forum are for discussion,
but i think he need a chance,selectors going mad to him

beshideshi
July 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
Out of the team? Out of form? out of fitness? no worries, Ashraful will always be the heart of BD cricket! conquering every single thread ever made here. Bravo Ashraful. just to add to the misery, here is my two cents. I think we should try to come out of the fluke win[i.e. eid days] stage and look for more solid consistent performer. Hence players like Ash/Alok/Aftab who are very capable of winning us 1 game every year should make room players like jahurul, Raqibul, Nayeem who can score 30-40+ runs every game. then again, its my own opinion, some here might be happy with 3 wins a year and getting thrashed in the rest, I prefer putting up a fight in all the games and winning 1.

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 11:36 PM

yes selectors going mad to him. should be. called up for A team twice to prove his worth, form, fitness ... he did not turn up.

so why should they call him for national team ???

i have some inside news from a relative of kapali. kapali is seriously considering quitting cricket due to family pressure. he is in big dilemma, thats why he is not being able to concentrate on cricket. also his fitness is not good. he can somehow survive a t20 game. he is worried if he will able to field for 50 overs in an ODI .... and also bat a bit longer time in ODI. and he cannot think of playing 3 day-4 day matches at all.

Tiger444
July 1, 2010, 11:54 PM
yes selectors going mad to him. should be. called up for A team twice to prove his worth, form, fitness ... he did not turn up.

so why should they call him for national team ???

i have some inside news from a relative of kapali. kapali is seriously considering quitting cricket due to family pressure. he is in big dilemma, thats why he is not being able to concentrate on cricket. also his fitness is not good. he can somehow survive a t20 game. he is worried if he will able to field for 50 overs in an ODI .... and also bat a bit longer time in ODI. and he cannot think of playing 3 day-4 day matches at all.

Thats very unfortunate for Alok..I heard from before he's having tough times with his family and hasn't been able to handle playing cricket..even though I'm not a fan of him I really hope he doesn't quit cricket altogether..hopefully he can stick it out and still play in domestic leagues..now hearing this I really hope he doesn't get picked for the national team..his mind is definitely not up to playing so much international cricket..let him get his family problems over with before he can get called up..I really hope for the best for him..

Dilscoop
July 2, 2010, 12:09 AM
Out of the team? Out of form? out of fitness? no worries, Ashraful will always be the heart of BD cricket! conquering every single thread ever made here. Bravo Ashraful. just to add to the misery, here is my two cents. I think we should try to come out of the fluke win[i.e. eid days] stage and look for more solid consistent performer. Hence players like Ash/Alok/Aftab who are very capable of winning us 1 game every year should make room players like jahurul, Raqibul, Nayeem who can score 30-40+ runs every game. then again, its my own opinion, some here might be happy with 3 wins a year and getting thrashed in the rest, I prefer putting up a fight in all the games and winning 1.
May be Jahurul some day, but other 2? Really don't see them winning us games regularly, not even 1s a year.

What's eid days?

magic boy
July 2, 2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon11.gif

don't be shy...you got right to back your fav player like lot other members in the forum whining for Ashraful/Aftab

lamisa
July 2, 2010, 04:07 AM
May be Jahurul some day, but other 2? Really don't see them winning us games regularly, not even 1s a year.

What's eid days?

Eid days are those rare days that come twice a year and bring joys and delights for nearly everyone.try relate that with ashraful,does that ring a bell?

Dilscoop
July 2, 2010, 01:17 PM
oh! lol. Thats pretty funny.

So we are done for this season right?

Ajfar
July 2, 2010, 06:49 PM

Give them 161 chances I'm sure they will get lucky at least once a year. Oh wait they can't get 161 chances, they are not "special" enough.

Dilscoop
July 2, 2010, 07:27 PM
Exactly... Ash earned that "specialty". Like someone above said, he is and will always be the heart of Bangladesh cricket.

bujhee kom
July 2, 2010, 08:28 PM
I always have great hopes for Alok Kapali..His father was a good man from Sylhet! He was very proud of his son.

Dhruvo
July 2, 2010, 09:42 PM
He should not be selected. Is he even fit to play cricket at the highest level ? So what if ashraful got a lot of chances when he didn't deserve them, does that mean we should start giving chances to more players that don't deserve a spot in the national team ?

Why don't we just accept the fact that alok is a bust ? Had great potential but failed to live up to it, like so many cricketers we produced.

Tiger444
July 2, 2010, 09:56 PM
He should not be selected. Is he even fit to play cricket at the highest level ? So what if ashraful got a lot of chances when he didn't deserve them, does that mean we should start giving chances to more players that don't deserve a spot in the national team ?

Why don't we just accept the fact that alok is a bust ? Had great potential but failed to live up to it, like so many cricketers we produced.

Exactly..he's a proven bust and just because Ash got so many chances doesn't mean Alok should as well..we have much more consistent players and don't need busts in the team..

Dilscoop
July 2, 2010, 11:07 PM
Little off topic, I think I should ask this question in W/e Ash does everything thread, but since we are already into this Ash related topic here I will just ask here.

- Do you want to see Ash play in WC2011? Will he or should he get another free ride for his "experience" and for his seniority?

lamisa
July 3, 2010, 04:26 AM
^^^no he shouldn't.enough of the free ride,teler daam onek barse!

Shaan
July 3, 2010, 11:53 AM

sorry cannot accept until give him a chance like others got already more than few chances.. until then there is always question mark left?

and moreover what others are doing even today against susex, shame..real shame, so are those bunches doing anymore better! there will be always if, though, nonetheless...unless Alok is tested !!

sir john
July 3, 2010, 12:42 PM
Bangladesh need kapali badly,very poor performance today.

FagunerAgun
July 3, 2010, 12:45 PM
As always, Kapali should get one or two chances, even though there is a risk, but we need to because other marky batsmen are not settled in yet to a certain level. Additionally, Kapali is a leggy that we do not have at this moment.

My expectation from Kapali - he should work very hard and smart now to get utmost physical and mental fitness to excel in batting, bowling and fielding.

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2010, 12:48 PM
Bangladesh need kapali badly,very poor performance today.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Kapali needs more time. His is young.

BD does not need him badly. Others are much better than him at this point. Even with this miserable performance.

Tiger444
July 3, 2010, 02:13 PM
Ya Alok hasn't gotten enough chances..I mean 65 ODIs isn't really that much right? Seriously we have to stop crying for Alok back..just because we lost today so now a player that doesn't even average a 20 should get a chance? What's that gonna do?

Dhruvo
July 3, 2010, 02:22 PM
sorry cannot accept until give him a chance like others got already more than few chances.. until then there is always question mark left?

and moreover what others are doing even today against susex, shame..real shame, so are those bunches doing anymore better! there will be always if, though, nonetheless...unless Alok is tested !!
Like tiger444 bro said, 65 odi's is enough to prove what one is worth. You can't fix this team by introducing another overrated player into this squad. This is like expecting a rotten apple to become fresh and delicious once again. Why not try a fresh apple and hope it is delicious instead?

sir john
July 3, 2010, 08:47 PM
Guys bangla can use him as a spinner also.

Shaan
July 4, 2010, 03:01 AM
Like tiger444 bro said, 65 odi's is enough to prove what one is worth. You can't fix this team by introducing another overrated player into this squad. This is like expecting a rotten apple to become fresh and delicious once again. Why not try a fresh apple and hope it is delicious instead?

oi eki chokre amara guarafira korbo,,abar notun ano.. notun hobe duidin por puran vua maal.. abar notun maal, oboshese jei anda shei shunno !!

barbar bolsi, Alok-re chance na dewa projontho, proshnobodhok chinho thakbe, karon onekke tho chance deya hoise ei porjontho, tahole oke keno chance dya hobena ?? Sobai jodi chance pay, tahole oke-o shujug dya jachai kora uchit !!

Dhruvo
July 4, 2010, 01:04 PM
oi eki chokre amara guarafira korbo,,abar notun ano.. notun hobe duidin por puran vua maal.. abar notun maal, oboshese jei anda shei shunno !!

barbar bolsi, Alok-re chance na dewa projontho, proshnobodhok chinho thakbe, karon onekke tho chance deya hoise ei porjontho, tahole oke keno chance dya hobena ?? Sobai jodi chance pay, tahole oke-o shujug dya jachai kora uchit !!
Maybe because the board knows he'll flop ?

Shaan
July 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe because the board knows he'll flop ?

Oh accha, tahole board janto etodin je Asraful eivabei fail marbe, tobuo thake kelathe hobe, Aftab ke chance ditei hobe, Nafis-iba badh jabe keno. Kintu beta KAPALI tore team-e chance dimuna,, eitho story naki ??

Oi Maybe-ta niyei tho eto chitkar ejaboth, ar kichuna !!

Tiger444
July 4, 2010, 04:40 PM
Oh accha, tahole board janto etodin je Asraful eivabei fail marbe, tobuo thake kelathe hobe, Aftab ke chance ditei hobe, Nafis-iba badh jabe keno. Kintu beta KAPALI tore team-e chance dimuna,, eitho story naki ??

Just because Ash, Aftab, and Nafees got chances doesn't mean we should put another bhua player in..I agree the selectors goofed up by selecting those players but that doesnt mean you select another bhua player..also to be fair in the DPL Ash, Aftab and Nafees all performed pretty well and averaged about 40 while Alok averaged in the mid 20's..thats why the selectors wanted to give those guys chances instead of Alok..I remember that Siddons ripped apart Aftab and Nafees but wanted Alok instead of Aftab but selectors opted for Aftab..Alok then performed pretty poorly in the FC league which is not a good thing because our domestic leagues are of poor standards..in the T20 league however he did perform pretty well and should've gotten selected there but other forms he does not deserve chances..also he chose not to play for the A team due to family issues..if he desperately wanted to be back then he had to perform better in the domestic leagues..and back in 2008 when he was on the team he was nothing special..okay the 115* was impressive but what else did he do? I like Alok better then Aftab and Nafees but I still think he's a pretty poor batsman..he's still only 26 so he's still got a lot of time in his side and it's simple, perform in domestic leagues, be 1 of the top performers and the selectors will get interested..

MohammedC
July 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
^^^ Shobai bhua.

Dhruvo
July 4, 2010, 06:22 PM

Those guys are just as bad as kapali. It was a stupid move by the bcb to give these guys so many chances, that has really harmed our cricket and now if we give alok a chance, that may too harm our cricket. The only reason ash got so many chances was because he got hyped up after his performances in 2005, aftab had a breakout year in 2006-2007 but struck a slump in form after that, sn is just a minnow basher. We all know that kapali will not do well in the international arena so why give him a chance once again ? Our national team is already in a bad situation.

BANFAN
July 5, 2010, 01:40 AM
Those guys are just as bad as kapali. It was a stupid move by the bcb to give these guys so many chances, that has really harmed our cricket and now if we give alok a chance, that may too harm our cricket. The only reason ash got so many chances was because he got hyped up after his performances in 2005, aftab had a breakout year in 2006-2007 but struck a slump in form after that, sn is just a minnow basher. We all know that kapali will not do well in the international arena so why give him a chance once again ? Our national team is already in a bad situation.

How we all know that? Naim's/Riyad's skills & roles in the team is, something that Kapali can take over confidently. We don't have to always compare a player with the best in the team. Yet with his experience and performances in ICL & changes of attitudes in post ICL time, i'm confident that Kapali can contribute good enough in anyone of their's place, specially when both of them looks to be out of form.

Dhruvo
July 5, 2010, 01:43 PM
How we all know that? Naim's/Riyad's skills & roles in the team is, something that Kapali can take over confidently. We don't have to always compare a player with the best in the team. Yet with his experience and performances in ICL & changes of attitudes in post ICL time, i'm confident that Kapali can contribute good enough in anyone of their's place, specially when both of them looks to be out of form.
Naeem and Riyad at the moment may not be doing well but I think that is due to them being out of form. I'm very sure that they will bounce back soon. I would take riyad over alok any day, because unlike alok, riyad seems to actually have a bit of consistency in his game. Alok performed well in the icl, but that was done months ago. If I was a selector, I would pick kapali only if he did exceptionally well in domestic games. But for now, I think instead of getting alok to play for the national team, we should look to give a younger player like shamsur or shuvogato (did I spell it right ?) a chance and prepare them for the upcoming world cup.

sir john
July 6, 2010, 06:29 AM
Ok,we will see how bangla players perform there.

magic boy
July 6, 2010, 09:43 AM
Ok,we will see how bangla players perform there.

man it is Bangladeshi players not bangla.

bujhee kom
July 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
I don't bhais, I think Kapali can very well be and still might be that missing piece from our 11 frontline men!

lamisa
July 6, 2010, 10:42 AM
I don't bhais, I think Kapali can very well be and still might be that missing piece from our 11 frontline men!

so do i!!!we need someone good enough to fill in that no.7/8 position and who can be better than kapali?

Dhruvo
July 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
so do i!!!we need someone good enough to fill in that no.7/8 position and who can be better than kapali?
Any of the consistent batsmen in the ncl.

BanCricFan
July 6, 2010, 12:56 PM
What is Alok doing nowadays? Is he getting rid off that big tummy of his? Is he practicing REALY hard or has he given up alltogether? Has he decided to devote all his time in running the family grocery shop at Majon potti or is it Bondor Bazar?

Any news??

Perhaps, he has decided to join Aftab and Ashraful in Showbiz. Ah! These AAA lot are super talented!

Tiger444
July 6, 2010, 02:16 PM
Seriously this has become so ridiculous..people actually want a batsman with an average of a 19.83 for us..hahaha..why can't people understand that Alok is just an overrated batsman that is just another Ash..I would rate Ash higher actually because he's at least won us games..what has Alok done besides that 100? I would much rather take Naeem and Riyad over Alok..they have proven to be much better batsmen..just look at his SR also..a SR of a 68 does not make a good finisher at all..also you look at the matches back when he was on the team in 2008 and besides that India game he didnt hit a score above a SR of 100..so how could he be a good finisher? We need guys that can hit above a 100 SR and just havent seen him do that..he doesn't seem the answer to me..

sir john
July 6, 2010, 09:05 PM
His leggy can be very effective.

yaseer
July 6, 2010, 11:13 PM
Is Alok Kapali committed enough to come back to the national team?
I do not think so. Yes, Alok is a fantastic player but he has lacked to translate his talent to performance. Without a heavy weight performance in the domestic, he should not be given chance just because of his name.

sir john
July 7, 2010, 01:58 AM
Is he serious to make a comeback?

sir john
March 28, 2011, 12:26 PM
i am happy today,kapali back in team.

Tiger444
March 28, 2011, 06:07 PM
As you can see I've been a critic of Alok. Good to see he has fought back and not withered away like Aftab. I really hope that this time he starts performing. He's too talented of a guy to have an average of a 19.83. In my opinion, have him at #7 and see how he does. He has qualities to be a finisher since he's great at rotating the strike and hitting powerful boundaries. His leggies could be effective as well. Wish him the best and hope that he justifies his talent.

sir john
March 29, 2011, 12:55 PM
As you can see I've been a critic of Alok. Good to see he has fought back and not withered away like Aftab. I really hope that this time he starts performing. He's too talented of a guy to have an average of a 19.83. In my opinion, have him at #7 and see how he does. He has qualities to be a finisher since he's great at rotating the strike and hitting powerful boundaries. His leggies could be effective as well. Wish him the best and hope that he justifies his talent.

i hope he improve his batting average.:)

Dhakablues
March 29, 2011, 01:21 PM
Certainly he should be given a chance. In fact, had it not been for the Ashraful lobby, he wouldve been in the World Cups. For those who thinks his average is low,, I would suggest that they also look into others stats and Kapali was not the player who played against Kenya/Zimbabwe much..He did score against very strong attacks and Sir Viv Richards gave his certification of his quality along with Siddons and other REAL batting experts..

The fact that we have to accept is.. we do not have a pool of players sitting around with an average of 30 or 40. Most of the players who plays at 6,7 either have a lower average or no average at all worth mentioning. Who else would you propose in that position that has experience and can be effective leggie? Besides, he has a Test hattric against Pakistan remember? He has a century against India, remember? Just look into his last 2 years of average and the stats speaks for itself.

Yes, there was a tremendous expectations from Alok Kapali and it was us fans, media who created that hype.. He didn't get to be selected amongst A teams, or got to train others to get his form back. Other than his Sylhet dvisional team and there he did score runs. he was a leading player in ICL, he scored runs in T20 in the big-boss tournament after the ICL, consistently taking wickets in domestic league and leads his divisional team with being amongst run getters..... Why wouldn't he get a chance ?

cricket_pagol
March 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
Looking forward to see Kapali make a mark in the Aussie series!

Equinox
March 29, 2011, 02:34 PM
i hope he improve his batting average.:)
Well even at best I think he can't raise his average above 25 now. It's too late. I hope to see him become an impact player at number 6/7 for us. Someone who, if we have a solid foundation, can add 25-40 runs (in quick time) regularly at the end with the occasional big innings. Kinda like Yusuf Pathan. Hope he won't disappoint.

Fazal
March 29, 2011, 04:28 PM
I will only be happy if this time Alok take this chance seriously and do something with that.

Until that happens, I will stick with my previous impression... a man with aulokik Kopal and one agacha replacing with another.... no gain no loss for the team.... just missed opportunity to try another deserving young player.

Raynman
March 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
Not specific to AK but in general:

I just hope that performances against AUS in the ODI does not impact selection for T20 and Test in the future. The formats need to be treated seperately for selection purposes.

If we lose the first two, anybody who was yet to get a game should be played for the 3rd ODI. Its a shame to have players just warming up the bench and not even getting a chance to play domestic or A or whatever. Unless of course they are getting coached and not being treated as a 'backup player'.

Catskills
March 29, 2011, 08:35 PM
we are going backward now. However, since Kapali has been selected, he should definitely be given a chance to play. A lot of inclusion and exclusion in the team. I feel that there is a lot of politics going on in BCB. Lets see at what extend....

Sohel
March 29, 2011, 08:44 PM
Alok caught quite a few breaks of late and finally has the opportunity to focus and restart his international career while in good form. As one of his oldest and most loyal supporters, I wish him all the best.

An in-form Alok is an asset to any side at any level of cricket. To deny that is to flaunt one's own barely concealed issues. At his worst, he is no worse than any other players out of form and sorts, and can be justifiably dropped down a level or two to try and find their groove back. Class is permanent unless you go out of your way to ruin it.

Jadukor
March 30, 2011, 01:12 AM
Kapali fans should stop opening threads about the inclusion of Kapali. What these threads really does is to create a new opportunity for the haters to bash him some more.

All this talk about what has Kapali done in the domestic competition makes me laugh after what we have seen in this worldcup. Mushfiq, Rocibul, Junaid, Mahmudullah, Naeem were all Bradmanesque in the domestic league...even Ashraful was good before zim series... we basically picked a worldcup side based on results in the domestic league... we picked a similar side in the last T-20 WC.... but what have we achieved in ICC tournaments because of that? magnificent scores of 58 and 78... none those guys scored anything of note in what was the biggest stage in world cricket in our home conditions.

We can either keep picking players who are consistently mediocre..players who can excel only against depleted sides like zimbabwe or we can keep irratic but talented players who can deliver a punch above their weight against stronger sides. I guess neither is a good solution. I am not saying we need to fill the entire batting order with irratic players like Aftab, Ashraful or Kapali... but one bowling alrounder's slot lower down the batting order is not too much of a gamble with Kapali.

Shaan
March 30, 2011, 01:18 AM
Certainly he should be given a chance. In fact, had it not been for the Ashraful lobby, he wouldve been in the World Cups. For those who thinks his average is low,, I would suggest that they also look into others stats and Kapali was not the player who played against Kenya/Zimbabwe much..He did score against very strong attacks and Sir Viv Richards gave his certification of his quality along with Siddons and other REAL batting experts..

The fact that we have to accept is.. we do not have a pool of players sitting around with an average of 30 or 40. Most of the players who plays at 6,7 either have a lower average or no average at all worth mentioning. Who else would you propose in that position that has experience and can be effective leggie? Besides, he has a Test hattric against Pakistan remember? He has a century against India, remember? Just look into his last 2 years of average and the stats speaks for itself.

Yes, there was a tremendous expectations from Alok Kapali and it was us fans, media who created that hype.. He didn't get to be selected amongst A teams, or got to train others to get his form back. Other than his Sylhet dvisional team and there he did score runs. he was a leading player in ICL, he scored runs in T20 in the big-boss tournament after the ICL, consistently taking wickets in domestic league and leads his divisional team with being amongst run getters..... Why wouldn't he get a chance ?
you made some valid points here, agree with you :up:

sir john
September 21, 2011, 02:01 PM
what you guys think now,he deserve a chance now.

Shaan
September 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
what you guys think now,he deserve a chance now.
u seems like big Kapali fan ! why do you like kapali?

reyme
September 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
SIR JOHN, are you from ICF site?

AMD128
September 21, 2011, 02:44 PM
Kapali is a really talented & experienced cricketer. Give him the chance & I do believe he can prove what he is capable of. Had he not scored that 50 & did some hittings in the PP overs in today's match against A team. We would've been in a lot deeper trouble. He contributed with the ball too & I believe we do need a leg-spinner.

Hope Kapali gets picked in the final 15 for the WI series.

BANFAN
September 21, 2011, 02:59 PM
SIR JOHN, are you from ICF site?

Yes he is.

BANFAN
September 21, 2011, 03:11 PM
Naeem and Riyad at the moment may not be doing well but I think that is due to them being out of form. I'm very sure that they will bounce back soon. I would take riyad over alok any day, because unlike alok, riyad seems to actually have a bit of consistency in his game. Alok performed well in the icl, but that was done months ago. If I was a selector, I would pick kapali only if he did exceptionally well in domestic games. But for now, I think instead of getting alok to play for the national team, we should look to give a younger player like shamsur or shuvogato (did I spell it right ?) a chance and prepare them for the upcoming world cup.

Now we know how unprepared our academy or A team guys are. Every one of them will need more or less similar time to adjust to this level. Current kapal is a different character all together. If he was taken last year, he would become a much more stable performer by now. You can't give him one match and then drop. Thats unfair. Let kapali take the place of hom or Nasir. I still have some hope with Nayeem, but Shuvo is just waste of time.

Fazal
September 21, 2011, 03:11 PM
'A" chance? "One" more chance? That's it?

First I need to know how many more future requests will follow after this one is approved?

To prevent future polls, why don;t we change the poll from "A chance" to "10 more chances'"?

FagunerAgun
September 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
Plssssss bring him on in the team.

BANFAN
September 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
'A" chance? "One" more chance? That's it?

First I need to know how many more future requests will follow after this one is approved?

To prevent future polls, why don;t we change the poll from "A chance" to "10 more chances'"?

A chance isn't a match. A fair chance to any player should mean a reasonable amount of time to get settled. That isn't onontooo kaaaaal, either.

FagunerAgun
September 21, 2011, 03:34 PM
A chance isn't a match. A fair chance to any player should mean a reasonable amount of time to get settled. That isn't onontooo kaaaaal, either.
simple and brilliant statement. :)

mali007
September 21, 2011, 03:35 PM
I am advocating for him for long time !!

Fazal
September 21, 2011, 03:44 PM

Please quantify. then Is it a series? two series in a row? One full year? 10+ years?

BANFAN
September 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Please quantify. then Is it a series? two series in a row? One full year? 10+ years?

It's a difficult math, we can have a separate thread/poll for that.

But personally I would prefer to give min two/three series in 15 member team to see the max potential of a player. And at least average 2 matches in each series unless he performs good, then he gets to play more.

In fact, there should be a process of induction of a new player, and that's a gradual exposure to allow him to understand and be able to cope up with his role in the team. Because none of our players are that matured like other cricketing nations. Even then, you see how gradually CA is inducting, Shaun Marsh and other new guys. I'm not talking about Alok alone.

But it can't be that straight math, a lot depends on the adaptability of the individual being introduced.

Dhakablues
September 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
Agreed with BANFAN regarding he should get a chance. Its a waste of our resources, if we let players like him rot or not use their full potential due to our pre-concieved mind or prejudice.

Alok Kapali as a player doesnt need to prove anything other than being inform. He was incosnsitent in the past but in recent times, he is showing more consitency and maturity unlike his peers of Hannan Sharker, Aftab Ahmed, Mehrab, etc. His average doesnt show the kind of a player he really is once he gets going....Because, once he is in form, he is absolutely amazing of a player who makes cricket look so easy with his brilliant shots, excellent hand-eye co-ordination. I would say, he is next to an IN-FORM Ashraful who can blast any bowler but equally rotate strikes. Also, as a bowler, he is always taking wickets and useful all the time.

I would say, he should be in the 15 for at the minimum T20 because he is the best T20 player we have, really. He deserves at least that...

AhmedN
September 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
He is neglected all through..he should be given a fair chance.

simon
September 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
ajker match nahoy bujhlam, ager match gulate koto korechey keo ki inform korben please?

Hasan2k8
September 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
Give this man a chance for God sake!!! he was in top form in icl and he was in golden touch his confidence went up, he was a changed player and showed what he is truly about in icl. I though after that icl experience Kapali changed as player but BCB destroyed his confidence his touch that he had in icl by not picking him for the national team, by banning him and then after that ban period finished letting other players like get into the national team xi and not kapali. a massive injustice been done by the board.

I believe if Kapali is given fair amount of chances, Kapali can do this again and consistently:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiO_83hpVOU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SiO_83hpVOU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

First Bangladeshi to hit 100 against India in ODI. He is very talented, he is gifted! he needs some chances to prove and show the world he can deliver the goods now for Bangladesh in the international arena well. after ICL Kapali has not had many good chances to show the world that he has changed as a cricketer and has become the player the what type he truly is after that icl successful tournament experience he had with the bat and bowl. His all round game in the icl was terrific and very professional.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHRsPPO9z9A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHRsPPO9z9A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

After that icl in 2008, since icl 2008 till now (September 2011), Alok Kapali has had how many chances to play for BD national team? 2 or 3? injustice at its best.... for many years now kapali has had not been given many chances by bcb, whereas Ashraful and other some players have failed 90%+ of time in the last few years and Ashraful and them other some players have been given many, many, chances after chances, and Ashraful and them other some players are still being given more chances.

Tiger444
September 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna sound like a huge hypocrite here looking back at my previous posts but yes I believe Alok deserves to get another chance. His average of a 20 doesn't look pleasing but that was the past and we should look forward. Definitely considering the fact that we still lack quality batsmen. He's worked hard to come back and is performing a lot more consistently nowadays. As Dhakablues said, he's a lot like Ash talent wise. I agree with that. I would actually say that Alok's got the better cricket brain as well.

Some people are saying to give him chances over Hom and Nasir, I say that's not the players to replace. They just had a tour to prove themselves. On top of that they were 1 of our better performers while Imrul, Nafees, Ash and Junaid all struggled. Give them an extended run. The player I would replace with Alok is Ash. Ash has had enough chances to prove himself and he just keeps on disappointing. What good is it doing for the team and himself? He needs to be out of the team. Let Alok have his run in the team and see how he does.

shajib14
September 21, 2011, 07:17 PM

Yep thats a good statement but will you be indifferent to Ashraful because he is enjoying that onontooo kaaaaal chance. Also i believe Alok already had more than enough chances during Faruk Ahmed tenure.

Zunaid
September 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
Yep thats a good statement but will you be indifferent to Ashraful because he is enjoying that onontooo kaaaaal chance. Also i believe Alok already had more than enough chances during Faruk Ahmed tenure.

He did get his chance and then he did get rightfully dropped after an extended runa dn stayed a while in the wilderness. He is now back showing form that cannot be denied and deserves another try. It should be the same for Ashraful - if he is dropped (I'm not sure he ever will and might be playing for us even in 2050) and then he shhows an extended run of good form (not an Eid), he too will deserve a look-see.

We (or I) want the team to be composed of not the ones we like but of those who are the best for the team.

Night_wolf
September 21, 2011, 10:46 PM
^2050!..haha!

al Furqaan
September 21, 2011, 10:53 PM
I'd rather have Kapali in the side than current forms of Imrul, Junaid, and Rock (who has no chance anyways). But Imrul and Junaid do.

But I'd also have Naeem and Nasir and maybe Hom as well duking it out. I think Alok is a solid accumulator via nudging and nurdling singles around in the non PP overs. Problem is identical to Ashraful's: he simply doesn't last long enough to make a significant display of his genius. The other A, Aftab simply lacked a brain.

Avik
September 21, 2011, 11:05 PM
Kapali has wasted his opportunities.

if we give him a place after his one shot eid innings on the final, we will be forcing another ashraful in the team, one with not as immense talent as ashraful for one thing.

he needs to be playing for the A team and prove himself instead of being handed a spot in the national team.

and to ensure that, we need more regular A team tours.

al-Sagar
September 22, 2011, 12:44 AM
[বাংলা]নতুন কাপালির পুরনো ব্যাটিং (http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=193471&pub_no=820&type=)
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক

অফের দিকটায় ফিল্ডারদের এগিয়ে এনে অন সাইডে পিছিয়ে ফিল্ডার সাজিয়েছেন শাহাদাত হোসেন রাজীব। মিরপুরের ভিআইপি বক্সে বসে খেলা দেখা মাহাবুবুল আলম রবিন মুচকি হেসে বলে দিলেন, এবার অলক ভাই অফ দিয়েই বাউন্ডারি হাঁকাবেন। সত্যিই তাই খেললেন অলক। রাজীবের স্টাম্পে রাখা বলটিই কাভার দিয়ে বাউন্ডারির বাইরে পাঠালেন অলক কাপালি। অনেকদিন ধরে অলককে চেনা এনামুল হক জুনিয়রও চেয়ার ছেড়ে দাঁড়িয়ে গেলেন। 'অলক ভাই এমনই। যেদিন খেলে দেবেন, সেদিন কাউকেই ছাড়বেন না। উইকেটের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে নেওয়ার জন্য কিছুটা সময় তিনি নেন। তারপর আস্তে আস্তে অসাধারণ সব শট খেলেন।' রবিন এবং এনামুলের মতো এদিন পুরো মিরপুরই অলক কাপালিকে দেখে স্মৃতিচারণ করল। দলের বিপদের মুহূর্তে যিনি উইকেটে থিতু হয়ে দেওয়াল তৈরি করতে পারেন। গতকালও বিসিবি কাপের ফাইনালে একাই ৬৮ রান করে দলের মান রক্ষা করেছেন। সাত নম্বর জুটিতে সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভকে নিয়ে ৮২ রানের জুটি করেছেন। অলকের এই ইনিংসের কারণেই ৭৪ রানে ৫ উইকেট হারানো জাতীয় দল শেষ পর্যন্ত ১৮৫ রান করতে পেরেছিল। তার ব্যাটে দেখা দশটি বাউন্ডারি পেরেছিল গ্যালারিভর্তি মিরপুরকে নাড়িয়ে দিতে। সেসঙ্গে নির্বাচকদের স্বস্তি দিতে। কেননা, এই অলক কাপালিকেই দেখতে চাইছিলেন আকরাম খানরা।
অথচ এই কাপালিকেই 'এ' দলের ক্যাম্পে প্রথমে ডাকা হয়নি। সেসব ঘটনা মনে না করে নিজেকে অনেকটাই শুধরে নিয়েছেন তিনি। ফিটনেস নিয়ে কথা ওঠায় নিজের ওজন ৭ কেজি কমিয়েছেন। প্রতিদিন নির্ধারিত অনুশীলনের বাইরেও বিকেলে মিরপুরে এসে দৌড়ান। 'একটি বড় স্কোর দরকার ছিল আমার। ইনিংসটা আরও বড় হতে পারত; কিন্তু পারলাম না।' মাহমুদুল্লাহ রিয়াদের বলে রিটার্ন ক্যাচ দিয়ে আসার পর কাপালির আফসোস ছিল পুরো ইনিংস ব্যাটিং না করতে পারার। হাত থেকে ব্যাট ছুটে গিয়ে ক্যাচ উঠে যায় কাপালির। এদিন মিরপুরের অস্থায়ী প্রেসবক্সে থাকা অভিজ্ঞ সাংবাদিকরাও অলকের ব্যাটিংয়ে পুরনো সেই দিনগুলোকে ফিরে পেয়েছেন। স্পিনের সামনে বরাবরই বেশ স্বাচ্ছন্দ্য থাকেন কাপালি, এদিন 'এ' দলের পেসার শাহাদাত হোসেন রাজীবের সামনে নির্ভীক ছিলেন কাপালি। কাভার ড্রাইভ থেকে শুরু করে ফ্লিক_ সব ধরনের শট খেলেছেন কাপালি।
ম্যাচের পরিস্থিতি বুঝে শুরুতে বেশ ধীরগতিতে খেলেছিলেন কাপালি। কিন্তু পরে বল এবং রানের গতিকে পাশাপাশি নিয়ে আসেন। ৬৩ বলে হাফ সেঞ্চুরি করেছিলেন তিনি এবং ৩৫ থেকে ৪০ ওভার পর্যন্ত ব্যাটিং পাওয়ার প্লের সর্বোচ্চ সুবিধা কাজে লাগান। ওই সময় শুভ আর কাপালি মিলে ৪৭ রান আদায় করে নেন। 'অলক তার অভিজ্ঞতাকে কাজে লাগিয়ে এদিন দারুণ ব্যাটিং করেছেন। তার রানে ফেরা সব সময়ই আমাদের জন্য সুখকর।' অলকের পুরো ইনিংসের বর্ণনা করতে গিয়ে নির্বাচক মিনহাজুল আবেদিন নান্নুর এই ছোট কথাটাই যথেষ্ট। [/বাংলা]

patriot
September 22, 2011, 02:15 AM
What do the following players have in common :

Naeem Islam
Hannan Sarkar
Rajin Saleh
Khaled Mashud
Mohammed Rafique
Sir Aftab Ahmed

They all average more than Alok Kapali in ODI's.

Kapali averages less than 20 in both tests and ODI'S . No matter how many centuries he hits in domestic league or how many bowlers he slaughters in Mickey Mouse Leagues like ICL , he doesnt warrant a place in the national team .

He might have gallons of talent inside him or he might posses the shots that even a hybrid of Tendullkar and Bradman wont have , but having such a low average as a middle order batsman is criminal.

Bangladesh cricket already has an arsenal of such mediocre players. Alok Kapali coming back to the team will be a step backward for our progress.

Rabz
September 22, 2011, 04:17 AM
Someone like Kapali, older and experienced, would have been ideally great for the team.
But the competition within the team in that position is really intense and I'm afraid Kapali might not just make it in the end.

I'd like to see him in the 4 dayers though.

An 'in-form' Kapali, I'd rather like to have him in the test team, than trying a inexperienced youngster.

mij
September 22, 2011, 04:31 AM
Kapali has wasted his opportunities.

if we give him a place after his one shot eid innings on the final, we will be forcing another ashraful in the team, one with not as immense talent as ashraful for one thing.

he needs to be playing for the A team and prove himself instead of being handed a spot in the national team.

and to ensure that, we need more regular A team tours.

Isnaad
September 22, 2011, 05:27 AM
I think Kapali can be given a chance to play here. Mainly because our top order is totally out of form (1 to 4 that is). And Kapali showed promise and as far as I can remember, he was given only one chance that too in the 3rd ODI against Australia....so, lets forget his past. Atm, he is looking better than our current crop so lets get him into the team.

jahidus200
September 22, 2011, 05:37 AM
definitely alok should get chance

Maysun
September 22, 2011, 05:38 AM
I'm against Kapali's inclusion in the national squad, but if they really want to try him out, give him a chance, as in 2-3 series and play him in the XI. But it'd be a lot better if he played more A tours to justify his selection rather than his domestic/past performances.

abu2abu
September 22, 2011, 06:09 AM
Kapali probably does deserve a chance but he hasn't done himself any favours over the years. We are told in the past he declined to play and train with the A team and he's hardly set the domestic circuit on fire.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see him play for BD again soon, so yes I'd have him in the squad.

The problem is he's a spin bowling allrounder in a team full of spin bowling allrounders. The selectors are only likely to bring him in for the likes of Riyad (unlikely now he's VC), Ash, Shuvgato or Nasir. I don't think he will compete for a place against the top order players like Imrul, Junaid, Rokibul etc...

Shaan
September 22, 2011, 06:28 AM
যেন সেই অলক, সেই ঝলক
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : বহু আগেই খেলা ছেড়ে থিতু হয়েছেন প্রবাসে। সম্প্রতি দেশে ফিরেই ক্রিকেটের টানে তিনি মাঠে। বাংলাদেশ দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ক রকিবুল হাসান তনয় সাজিদ হাসান বিসিবি কাপের ফাইনালটা কখনো দেখছিলেন বাবার সঙ্গে বসে, আবার কখনো ক্রিকেটাঙ্গনের পরিচিত মুখদের সঙ্গে আড্ডা মারতে মারতে। বিকেএসপি জীবনের এক ক্রিকেটার বন্ধুর সঙ্গে কথা বলতে বলতে হঠাৎ 'হোয়াট এ শট' বলে এক রকম লাফিয়েই উঠলেন। যাঁর শটে এমন মুগ্ধতা, তাঁর ব্যাটিংয়ের গুণমুগ্ধ বাংলাদেশে অনেক। অবশ্য অলক কাপালির ব্যাটিংয়ের গুণপূজারিদের ভালোলাগার সমান্তরালে একটা চাপা আফসোসও থাকে। সেই ২০০২ সালের জুলাইতে টেস্ট অভিষেকের পর থেকে গত প্রায় ১০ বছরে প্রতিভার সমানুপাতিক যে তিনি হয়ে উঠতে পারেননি কখনোই।
প্রতিভাবান হিসেবে স্বীকৃত ছিলেন বলেই সব সময় ছিলেন দৃষ্টির কাছাকাছি। মাঝখানে আইসিএলে চলে যাওয়ার কারণে দৃষ্টিসীমার বাইরেও থাকতে হয়েছে বেশ কিছুদিন। সেখানেও তাঁর ব্যাটিং প্রতিভার স্বাক্ষর রেখে করেছিলেন অননুমোদিত ক্রিকেট লিগের প্রথম সেঞ্চুরিও। সেখান থেকে ফিরে দেশের ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে আবার গাঁটছড়া বাঁধার পর অসুস্থতাও কেড়ে নিয়েছে তাঁর ক্যারিয়ারের কিছুটা সময়। যে জন্য ২০০৮ সালের সেপ্টেম্বরে অস্ট্রেলিয়া সফরের পর আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে ফিরতে ফিরতে তাঁর লেগে গেছে দুই বছর সাত মাস। আলোচনায় থেকেও ২০১১-এর বিশ্বকাপ দলে ঠাঁই না পাওয়া অলক জায়গা পান এপ্রিলে দেশের মাঠে হওয়া অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে তিন ম্যাচের ওয়ানডে সিরিজে। সেই সিরিজের শেষ ম্যাচে ১৩ রান করে আউট হওয়া অলক আবার জায়গা হারান। তবে কাল বিসিবি কাপের ফাইনাল যেন হারানো অলকের ঝলক দেখার একটা উপলক্ষ হয়েই এল।
তিন দলের বিসিবি কাপে তাঁকে রাখা হয়েছিল জাতীয় দলে। এক ম্যাচে ব্যাটিং করার সুযোগ পাননি। অন্য তিন ম্যাচে করেছেন ২২*, ৫ ও ২৮ রান। একাডেমীর বিপক্ষে দলের জয় নিশ্চিত করে বেরিয়ে আসার সময় কোচ স্টুয়ার্ট ল এমনভাবে তাঁর পিঠ চাপড়ে দিয়েছিলেন যে দেখেই বোঝা গিয়েছিল তাঁর ব্যাটিংয়ের ধরন-ধারণ ওই অস্ট্রেলিয়ানেরও মনে ধরেছে। বিসিবি কাপ আয়োজনের সার্থকতা বোধহয় এখানেই যে তাঁর মতো কিছু ব্যাটসম্যানকেও দেখে নিতে পারলেন কোচ-নির্বাচকরা। এ আসরের ফাইনালে অলককে ব্যাটিংয়ে নামতে হলো পুরনো আর চেনা পরিস্থিতিতেই। 'এ' দলের বিপক্ষে নামার সময় জাতীয় দল ৭২ রানে হারিয়ে ফেলেছে ৪ উইকেট।
সেখান থেকেই শুরু করলেন চেনা ঢংয়ে। কব্জির মোচড়ের ওপর খেলতে অভ্যস্ত এ ব্যাটসম্যানের উইকেটে সেট হতে সাধারণত একটু সময় লাগে। আর সে সময়টা পার করে ফেলতে পারলেই তিনি ছন্দে। ২০০৮-এর জুনে করাচিতে ভারতের বিপক্ষে এশিয়া কাপের ম্যাচে নিজের প্রথম ওয়ানডে সেঞ্চুরি করার পথেও যা বুঝিয়েছিলেন ভারতীয় বোলারদের। ১০ বাউন্ডারি ও ৫ ছক্কায় সাজানো সেই ১১৫ রানের অনবদ্য ইনিংস হয়তো কাল খেলেননি, ৭৭ বলে ৬৮ রানের ইনিংসটা ঠিকই পুরনো অলকের কথা মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছে, যা নিয়ে ম্যাচ শেষে নিজের মুগ্ধতাও আড়াল করলেন না জাতীয় দলের নতুন অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম, 'অলক ভাইয়ের কোয়ালিটি নিয়ে কখনোই সন্দেহ ছিল না। আজ এত বড় ম্যাচে চাপের মধ্যে কী দারুণ ইনিংসটাই না খেললেন। আশা করব, দলে থাকলে তিনি যেন এরকমই খেলেন।' প্রতিপক্ষ 'এ' দলের অধিনায়ক মাহমুদ উল্লাহ তাঁর রিটার্ন ক্যাচ নেওয়ার পর থেকেই ছিলেন স্বস্তিতে, 'অলক ভাইয়ের আউটই ম্যাচের টার্নিং পয়েন্ট। ওঁনাকে আউট করার পরই নিশ্চিত হই সাধ্যের মধ্যে জাতীয় দলকে আটকে রাখা যাবে।' অলকের ১০ বাউন্ডারির দুটো হয়েছে ব্যাটের কানা নিয়ে উইকেটের পেছন দিক দিয়ে। এ ছাড়া মিডউইকেট ও লংঅন দিয়ে মারা অন্য বাউন্ডারিগুলোতে মিশে ছিল তাঁর প্রতিভা আর আত্মবিশ্বাসের স্ফুরণ। বড় ইনিংসের প্রত্যাশা পূরণ না হলেও তাঁর ব্যাটে ঝলক ছিল। যে ঝলক পুরনো অলককে মনে করিয়েছে বারবার। সেই সঙ্গে বাড়িয়েছে আফসোসও!
kalerkonto (http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Hotel&pub_no=649&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=1)

glad to see current captain and coach are paying attention on ALok's performance..
hope he can make it, all the best !!

simon
September 22, 2011, 07:26 AM
^^Kaalerkontho er shunojor porechey Olok er upor, ar thekay ke Olok re. ;)

Gowza
September 22, 2011, 07:33 AM
why give him a chance? because he did ok in some practice matches? well there are guys like naeem who have done alright in these practices matches but also done well domestically. kapali has had a ton of chances playing for the BD team, i don't think he should get a recall until he proves he has dealt with his consistency issues, that's his main problem, fix that and get back into the team.

fuzzy
September 22, 2011, 07:36 AM
as he always does and racks it.

simon
September 22, 2011, 07:41 AM
why give him a chance? because he did ok in some practice matches? well there are guys like naeem who have done alright in these practices matches but also done well domestically. kapali has had a ton of chances playing for the BD team, i don't think he should get a recall until he proves he has dealt with his consistency issues, that's his main problem, fix that and get back into the team.

Kapali,SN & Ash ar the players who are usually over appreciated or over praised.
"class" "talent" "experience" :facepalm:
Naeem is a better option imo.

shuziburo
September 22, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'd rather have Kapali in the side than current forms of Imrul, Junaid, and Rock (who has no chance anyways). But Imrul and Junaid do.

But I'd also have Naeem and Nasir and maybe Hom as well duking it out. I think Alok is a solid accumulator via nudging and nurdling singles around in the non PP overs. Problem is identical to Ashraful's: he simply doesn't last long enough to make a significant display of his genius. The other A, Aftab simply lacked a brain.

Agree 100%. However, it should be reasonable. It should not be one and out. He needs a few matches to show what he is currently. But, it cannot continue like 150+ matches, like someone else we all either love or hate or love to hate (or whatever).

AsifTheManRahman
September 22, 2011, 08:20 AM
Naeem should be picked over Kapali any day if it ever comes down to that.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Fazal
September 22, 2011, 08:26 AM
^^Kaalerkontho er shunojor porechey Olok er upor, ar thekay ke Olok re. ;)

that is more important for Alok's career then (for example) scoring another century.

Fazal
September 22, 2011, 08:29 AM
Kapali,SN & Ash ar the players who are usually over appreciated or over praised.
"class" "talent" "experience" :facepalm:
Naeem is a better option imo.

but Naeem doen't have his rear coverved by Kaler Kontho. So it's easy to kick him out from the team without making too much noice.

Shaan
September 22, 2011, 09:15 AM
Here are face to face scenery of Nayeem and Alok I just put here best performance and venue, rest up to you, I like Nayeem too, matter of fact. I in advancle apologies for my hizibizi way of putting this piece of comparison:

Alok’s: his best innings and venues
India: 115 (karachi), 20 (dhaka)
SA: 71 (Dhaka), 25, 20, 27(Dhaka)
WI: 89*, 20* dhaka
Australia: 49(darwin), 45(colombo) , 34 (cairns)
Pakistan: 69(karachi), 61(lahore), 26, 37, , 28
Sri: 32(Pietermaritzburg), 30(Lahore), 19*,

Naeem: his best innings and venues
Zimb: 73* (ctg), 23* (Dhaka)
NZ: 46* (ctg), 25*, 43 (Dunedin)
Eng: 25, 18* (Dhaka)
SA: 25* (potchestroom)
Sri: 22*, 12* (Dhaka)
India: 14* 22* (Dhaka)

Overall: face to face
Alok: 66 ODI 100s X 1 50s X 5
Nayeem: 45 ODI 100s X 0 50s X 1,

Also after Kapali return during 2008 to his international career he played 11 innings, so thought to campare their last 11 inings, here the avrg:

Last 11 inngs avrg:
Alok: 19.90
Nayeem 15.18

it is not my intention to let my fellow country sportsman let down by others sportsman, they are after all our beloved brothers who are playing for our country, it is just showing that where they stand, what is their strengths, capability and what they are doing at their respective position !! It is not what I love or prefer it is what they can do for us, I love all of them cause they are my countryman !!

mufi_02
September 22, 2011, 09:21 AM
I want Alok to prove more consistently. One or two innings like this should not be enough for a spot in National team.

Fazal
September 22, 2011, 09:27 AM
Here are face to face scenery of Nayeem and Alok I just put here best performance and venue, rest up to you, I like Nayeem too, matter of fact. I in advancle apologies for my hizibizi way of putting this piece of comparison:

Alok’s: his best innings and venues
India: 115 (karachi), 20 (dhaka)
SA: 71 (Dhaka), 25, 20, 27(Dhaka)
WI: 89*, 20* dhaka
Australia: 49(darwin), 45(colombo) , 34 (cairns)
Pakistan: 69(karachi), 61(lahore), 26, 37, , 28
Sri: 32(Pietermaritzburg), 30(Lahore), 19*,

Naeem: his best innings and venues
Zimb: 73* (ctg), 23* (Dhaka)
NZ: 46* (ctg), 25*, 43 (Dunedin)
Eng: 25, 18* (Dhaka)
SA: 25* (potchestroom)
Sri: 22*, 12* (Dhaka)
India: 14* 22* (Dhaka)

Overall: face to face
Alok: 66 ODI 100s X 1 50s X 5
Nayeem: 45 ODI 100s X 0 50s X 1,

For me, two things missing :
a) How many innings they each played. That will give me some idea the frequency of eid days. And also if we have enough sample size.

b) Where they played in the batting order. For example you cannot compare data where player '1' who played #4 (for example) with a player '2' who may have mainly played #7 or #8 in the batting order. For me its not enough data to say for sure if player '2' will be successful or not in #4. If player '2' is successful in demostic league at #4 (for example), only way you will know is to try him at #4 for national before we can call him a failure at top of the order.

To me, with ample sample size, unfiltered average of a batsman, if not perfect, tells me a lot about a player's over all performance for the team than any other stat. The otherthing I can think about is frequency of MoM ( Total MoM/game played) earned by the player gives me an idea about what value a player is brining in the team.

lamisa
September 22, 2011, 09:31 AM
right now, i dont see any place for alok, not after hom and nasir's form in the zim series

BanCricFan
September 22, 2011, 09:34 AM
Comparing Naeem with Alok is comparing tamarind with mango. Futile exercise, indeed.

As soon as we bring Alok back to the national fold and MANAGE him properly the better for our fledgling cricket and reputation. We still could squeeze some good out of him -if handled professionally!

Fazal
September 22, 2011, 09:39 AM
Some mango can be sour you know.

And some tamarind (from thiland) can be pretty sweetnes.

It all depends what we are comparing for: sweetness, sourness, or nutrition value? In that case I say, why not.

Shaan
September 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
For me, two things missing :
a) How many innings they each played. That will give me some idea the frequency of eid days. And also if we have enough sample size.

b) Where they played in the batting order. For example you cannot compare data whwre player '1' who played #4 (for example) with a player '2' who may have mainly played #7 or #8 in the batting order. For me its not enough data to say for sure if player '2' will be successful or not in #4. If player '2' is successful in demostic league at #4 (for example), only way you will know is to try him at #4 for national before we can call him a failure at top of the order.

Just I realized that first 45 innings of Alok was his peak time some how he scored 4 half centuries against big guns, whereas Nayeem did overall 45ODI best scored 73* which is only one half century.

Also after Kapali return during 2008 to his international career he played 11 innings, so thought to campare their last 11 inings, here the avrg:

Last 11 inngs avrg:
Nayeem 15.18

Kapali did batting mostly number 6 and 7 in Nayeem's case number 7 and 8, so I also not see myself comparing them. I just brought this just for clear out what they are doing in the team, that's all, not just letting down each others!!

mali007
September 22, 2011, 10:18 AM
In league transfer ALOK is in TOP TEN, in national team he is not !! This is double standard and rediculous!!

simon
September 22, 2011, 11:55 AM
I personally think HOm & Nassir should play all ODIs vs WI , if there is a Wup match with WI play both Alok & Naeem,the one who performs better is the one who will play first 2 ODIs,if fails will be replaced by the other one in the 3rd ODI.

Fazal
September 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
I personally think HOm & Nassir should play all ODIs vs WI .

agree

if there is a Wup match with WI play both Alok & Naeem,the one who performs better is the one who will play first 2 ODIs,if fails will be replaced by the other one in the 3rd ODI.

I think the captain and the coach should select ebtween Naeem and Alok based on which way kaler Kontho blow the hot air.

WarWolf
September 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
Just I realized that first 45 innings of Alok was his peak time some how he scored 4 half centuries against big guns, whereas Nayeem did overall 45ODI best scored 73* which is only one half century.

Last 11 inngs avrg:
Nayeem 15.18

Kapali did batting mostly number 6 and 7 in Nayeem's case number 7 and 8, so I also not see myself comparing them. I just brought this just for clear out what they are doing in the team, that's all, not just letting down each others!!
I personally would like to see Alok getting atleast 5 ODI in a row now. If he fails then we can drop him for long time again.

But your comparison doesn't seem to be valid to me. Nayeem is a top order batsman who were forced to play in no 8 position throughout his international career. While Alok played in no. 5/6 most of the times in his career. So comparison between them is not there.

To me Nayeem is a No 3 or No 4 candidate. So I dont see him competing with Alok. He competes with Junaed or SN for his place in the team.

Alok has to beat Nasir to get his chance in the team.

simon
September 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
@Fazal bh, hehe, right :-D in that case ALok is in ,KK journalists always have a soft corner for "senior" cricketers.

Shaan
September 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
I personally would like to see Alok getting atleast 5 ODI in a row now. If he fails then we can drop him for long time again.

But your comparison doesn't seem to be valid to me. Nayeem is a top order batsman who were forced to play in no 8 position throughout his international career. While Alok played in no. 5/6 most of the times in his career. So comparison between them is not there.

To me Nayeem is a No 3 or No 4 candidate. So I dont see him competing with Alok. He competes with Junaed or SN for his place in the team.

Alok has to beat Nasir to get his chance in the team.
agree there, I'm for Nayeem in top order, he wouldn't do any worse than Junaed, I believe! We are missing a proper 3/4 position batsman, they should try Nayeem there.I just don't get it why they are wasting him at low the order when the guy plays top order in domestic !!

WarWolf
September 22, 2011, 01:15 PM
agree there, I'm for Nayeem in top order, he wouldn't do any worse than Junaed, I believe! We are missing a proper 3/4 position batsman, they should try Nayeem there.I just don't get it why they are wasting him at low the order when the guy plays top order in domestic !!
Nayeem also had a few very good innings at No 4 while playing for A team against quality opponents. He is really getting wasted. :(

Dhakablues
September 22, 2011, 03:29 PM
Extremely unlikey that Naeem will get the call. He is competing in #6,7,8 positions where its already crowded even if you leave out Alok. Naeem will not get the #4 position out of the bat when Ashraful, Hom is pretty much set to be there and the current selectors are not going to risk taking Naeem for 4, just after a wicketloss of Nafees or Junaed. With Riad becoming the vice-captain, he is now number 7, with Shakib-5, Mushfiqur-6, then you have Nasir or bowler/allrounder for 8. The remaining 9,10, 11 is reserverd for Razzaque/Shuvo/Sunny, Shafiul, Rubel...

I am glad that we have such competition in each of the postions and would want the best player to take the role but my 2 cents is,, Naeem will have to wait for few failures by Ashraful/Hom, Nasir before he is picked up...

However: Here is Akram's take on Alok Kapali: ( Source: DailyStar)

All-rounder Alok Kapali was the centre of discussion after the tournament, especially following his scintillating innings in the final of the tournament but Akram was not fully satisfied with the right-hander's performance.

“We have confidence in him (Kapali) because he is a quality player and that's why we brought him to the camp. He looked good in the tournament, but honestly speaking he failed to fulfill our expectations. But I hope he will show much better performance in the future,” observed Akram.

t@req
September 22, 2011, 10:55 PM
আকরাম খানকে আমি আগে পছন্দ করতাম, তবে নির্বাচক হওয়ার পরে পছন্দের মাত্রা কমে যাচ্ছে। আশরাফুল মাত্র একটা ইনিংস খেলেই সব নিশ্চিত করে ফেলল আর কাপালী দুটো ভালো ইনিংস (২২* ও ৬৮) খেলেও তার প্রত্যাশা মেটাতে ব্যার্থ। তাকে তো ফাইনাল ছাড়া ঠিকমতো বলও করতে দেয়া হয়নি। অন্যদিকে আশরাফুল ৮৩ ছাড়া তেমন কিছুই করতে পারেনি। শুভাগত তো চার ম্যাচে ১১ করেছে। জুনায়েদ, ইমরুলের কথা বাদই দিলাম। ইমরুলের জন্য তারা নাফিসকে বসাতেও দ্বিধা করেনি। হতাশ, খুবই হতাশ এই সিলেকশন পলিসিতে। ইমরুলের চেয়ে নাফিস এমনকি জুনায়েদও ভালো বর্তমানে, নাইমকে দিয়েও ওপেনিং-এ গ্যাম্বলিং করা যায় (ওনারা তো ইমরুল ছাড়া কিছু বোঝেন না)।

Ajfar
September 23, 2011, 12:00 AM
Give Kapali a chance based on what? This one 50+ innings he scored against Bangladesh A?

Run- 59 Ball - 82 Against Barishal (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/311/311404.html)
Run- 30 Ball - 30 Against Dhaka (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/311/311409.html)
Run- 18 Ball - 34 Against Khulna (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/311/311412.html)
Run- 14 Ball - 26 Against Rajshahi (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/311/311413.html)
Run- 19 Ball - 27 Against Chittagong (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/311/311413.html)

These are all his scores from last year's NCL. He averaged 26 in the tournament. Exactly what has he done from that time to now that he should get a chance?