PDA

View Full Version : World class snark from The Guardian

IanW
March 21, 2010, 06:33 AM
Rubel Hossain, a batsman of no pretensions, managed an exquisite cover drive, holding the pose in celebration. It was England's lowest point of a long winter. They will hope not to go lower.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/21/bangladesh-england-second-test

cricket_king
March 21, 2010, 07:42 AM
Poor Alistair is getting hounded by the English media - and many more around the world really.

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 08:28 AM
Now the cook himself is being cooked.
Our rising batsmen should follow Jonathan Trot not for his runs, but for his grit, determination, tenacity, and a full comprehension of the situation and its application.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
lol

the english press is giving cook and england a big bash,

just wonder what will happen if they somehow lose this game

_Rafi_
March 21, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hehehe, Momentum has changed, BD media'r hahakar ekhon English mediai:-)

simon
March 21, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hehehe, Momentum has changed, BD media'r hahakar ekhon English mediai:-)

lawl!:-D

Zunaid
March 21, 2010, 10:21 AM
It only goes to show - you perform and the naysayers slink away or find other targets. Simple as that.

Peace
March 21, 2010, 10:25 AM
It only goes to show - you perform and the naysayers slink away or find other targets. Simple as that.
:up:

shujan
March 21, 2010, 11:09 AM

Perfect!

al Furqaan
March 21, 2010, 12:55 PM

was the guardian amongst the naysayers...i wonder what rediff has to say?

Zunaid
March 21, 2010, 01:16 PM
was the guardian amongst the naysayers...i wonder what rediff has to say?

Looks like they are in the "say nay" mode.... No coverage ...

Aritro
March 21, 2010, 01:19 PM
Wonderfully acerbic article. I'm amazed he's managed to church out such a massive article so loaded with gold with a deadline hanging over his head.

Every match report should read like that.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
What are these overnight tremors they are talking about? I can't find anything on the news.

Ananna
March 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
Rubel Hossain, a batsman of no pretensions, managed an exquisite cover drive, holding the pose in celebration. It was England's lowest point of a long winter. They will hope not to go lower.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/21/bangladesh-england-second-test

That cover drive from Rubel was really awesome. Any batsman should be proud of that shot.

Imtiazk
March 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
That cover drive from Rubel was really awesome. Any batsman should be proud of that shot.

I saw two. They still remain the two best shots of the match. I don't know how much his sponsors are paying him for holding that pose until the next ball !

Orpheus
March 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
What are these overnight tremors they are talking about? I can't find anything on the news.

that was the tremor of 150 million people jumping in celebration of their impending win against mighty brits.

NKVDv2
March 21, 2010, 09:11 PM

the 3 tremors are the 3 wickets.

what arrogance

Haradhon
March 21, 2010, 10:07 PM
Now the cook himself is being cooked.
Our rising batsmen should follow Jonathan Trot not for his runs, but for his grit, determination, tenacity, and a full comprehension of the situation and its application.
Cook is grilled without Onions!