PDA

View Full Version : Naeem Should Move Up in the Batting Line Up.

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
In the second day of this Mirpur Test, while tiger cubs and tigers were roaring with bat and ball being sparked by an inspiration, an inspiration from an inordinate thirst for success and pride, only one young cub got away from the gang by mistake and fell in a hole.

To fill that hole, Naeem should move up in the batting line up to use his unused part of his batting talent with grit and a cool head.

Yesterday, Naeem had shown his mastery in rotating Rubel, sacrificing numerous singles for several fours, worthwhile for Ruble to be confident with bat, thus frustrating mighty English players, commentators and spectators.

dolcevita
March 21, 2010, 08:57 AM
In 2 nd inninng if siddons and co has a lillte sense of brain they have to send naeem at number 8 and jahurul at number 8 .
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Orpheus
March 21, 2010, 09:02 AM
there is already a thread like this...

but yeah i didn't expect the debutant to come any place before nayeem. Everybody would have gone one up....

it's a shame he has to bat with tail but our tail did well though...i think siddons has something to do with it.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 09:03 AM
next time we will play tests in england .

so this could be a possible lineup for us

tamim
opener 2/ junaed
nazimuddin/farhad or junaed
mushfiq
riadh
shakib
naeem
WK / pacer 4 / additional spinner
pacer 1
pacer 2
pacer 3

Naimul_Hd
March 21, 2010, 09:05 AM
mahmudullah, shakib, nayeem, shaiful shobai ke upore batting e namaye....tamim, imrul eder ke niche namaile kemon hoy ??? :O

Shamim Mia
March 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
In the second day of this Mirpur Test, while tiger cubs and tigers were roaring with bat and ball being sparked by an inspiration, an inspiration from an inordinate thirst for success and pride, only one young cub got away from the gang by mistake and fell in a hole.

To fill that hole, Naeem should move up in the batting line up to use his unused part of his batting talent with grit and a cool head.

Yesterday, Naeem had shown his mastery in rotating Rubel, sacrificing numerous singles for several fours, worthwhile for Ruble to be confident with bat, thus frustrating mighty English players, commentators and spectators.

sorry brother, i disagree with your point, he should stay where he is, to guide the lower order batsmen and add few more runs. this is his job to get more runs out of the lower order.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 09:58 AM
sorry brother, i disagree with your point, he should stay where he is, to guide the lower order batsmen and add few more runs. this is his job to get more runs out of the lower order.

but i feel we need to get jahurul out, mushfiq at four and a new keeper or spinner in and then naeem upto 7

simon
March 21, 2010, 09:59 AM
In 2 nd inninng if siddons and co has a lillte sense of brain they have to send naeem at number 8 and jahurul at number 8 .

how can both play at n°8,lol.
I understnd what you mean.
It's a good plan.

lamisa
March 21, 2010, 10:24 AM

i agree with u as well.

lamisa
March 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
but i feel we need to get jahurul out, mushfiq at four and a new keeper or spinner in and then naeem upto 7

yes.i know that jahurul is the highest run scorer in 1st class cricket but letting him play for the national test team before the odi team just doesn't make any sense.i think SN should have another go with the bat.if people like ashraful can stick around in the playing 11 for sooooooo long without performing then it's just unfair to not let SN play just because he couldnt perform in one match.

chol_bd123
March 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
this guy has been playing very well lately. I bet he could have made a century yesterday if he had more partners

Rabz
March 21, 2010, 11:21 AM
Its only inevitable that Naeem moves up the order.
But he might have to wait a bit for that, just like Riyad.

sbsash
March 21, 2010, 11:34 AM

:up:

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
Naeem should move up in the batting line up
And you came to think of this now?

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 12:27 PM
And you came to think of this now?
Does not my thread mean so?

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 12:38 PM
That's okay, you have not to agree with me, different people have different opinions on the same issue.

Aritro
March 21, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'd rather wait and see how his technique fares against better test match bowling, on test match pitches worthy of the name before I make up my mind.

However, the temperment and application he's shown make me want to do cartwheels. He might actually end up doing what we've somewhat prematurely labelled the 'Raqib' role.

Ananna
March 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
This is our mentality. Everytime someone does well in the lower order, move him up in the order. If it continues to happen, one day we will have onone to bat in the lower order.
Having said that, I must admit, Naeem played very well in this series. His defense and temperment were absolutely beautiful. And in between he played some magnificient shots.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Does not my thread mean so?
Well it's unfortunate that people would need so long to realize he needs to bat up the order.

auntu
March 21, 2010, 01:08 PM
Now I'm having this idea that he should bat at the present position and guide the team for more late order runs. This is very frustrating for the opponent.

auntu
March 21, 2010, 01:09 PM
But still I feel petty for him that we are wasting him batting him at 8.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2010, 01:11 PM
This is our mentality. Everytime someone does well in the lower order, move him up in the order.
He should never have batted in the lower order to begin with. Had our management done the right thing from the beginning and let our best batsmen come in early, we probably would have won some ODIs and gotten closer to drawing some Tests.

As a fan with nowhere close to as much experience as the management has, I only had to watch a couple of games early on in each of Mushfiq, Riyad and Nayeem's careers to realize they were a thousand times better than the idiots we had playing in our middle order for years. I don't understand why the management is always behind.

I like how they made Johurul bat up the order as opposed to #8. That's how it should be.

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Well it's unfortunate that people would need so long to realize he needs to bat up the order.
Some are still unfortuante and unable to realize that it still does not work for unfortunate BCB to realize that Naeem should move up, we fans can only talk here.

Later is better than never, in a positive cause.

Imtiazk
March 21, 2010, 03:54 PM
No doubt about it. Ask me who I thought played the most trouble free, on merit innings.

The answer is: Naeem, Naeem. The new icon of Bangladesh cricket. If Shakib wants to slog sweep always, No.8 is his position, I am afraid.

Zobair
March 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
Spot on! as usual.

No doubt about it. Ask me who I thought played the most trouble free, on merit innings.

The answer is: Naeem, Naeem. The new icon of Bangladesh cricket. If Shakib wants to slog sweep always, No.8 is his position, I am afraid.

Aritro
March 21, 2010, 05:21 PM

Good post.

I suspect that no.7 actually will be Shakib's position, in a matter of course. His devil-may-care batting has been a disappointing throw back to an era that the other quality batsmen in our team have been trying admirably to leave behind. And his batting average of 31 won't qualify as 'good for a Bangladeshi' for much longer.

dolcevita
March 21, 2010, 05:36 PM
Good post.

I suspect that no.7 actually will be Shakib's position, in a matter of course. His devil-may-care batting has been a disappointing throw back to an era that the other quality batsmen in our team have been trying admirably to leave behind. And his batting average of 31 won't qualify as 'good for a Bangladeshi' for much longer.

You are lillte harsh on him Shakib is by far our best player

Rifat
March 21, 2010, 05:36 PM
Excellent thread FagunerAgun bhai ;)

Bond
March 21, 2010, 05:42 PM
Naeem has been in excellent touch at the beginning of the 1st test match, unfortunate that he got run out in the 1st innings and ran out of partners in the 2nd innings. I believe he deserves a spot ahead of Shakib, he should bat after Riyadh. Have you guys seen his defensive stride? He hardly edges the ball or throws away his wicket, puts a price to his wicket, he looks solid as a test batsman and his temperament + determination make him look like a champion batsman. I know it’s too soon to hype Naeem but the boy has it in him.

Also it took him less matches to score a 50, Imrul still hasn't reached the 40 mark, already in his 11th match now.
Our Test line up against England(away) should be:
1 Tamim 2 Junaid 3 Mushfiq 4 Riyadh 5 Naeem Islam 6 Jahurul islam 7 Shakib 8 S.Shuvo 9 Shafiul Islam 10 Rubel 11 M. Alam

Aritro
March 21, 2010, 06:32 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I think Mushfiq, Tamim and Mahmudullah will all go on to be superior batsmen to him and will all bat above him as indeed they are doing right now.

I think around those three, we'll have another opener and someone like Raqib in the middle order, which means Shakib and Naeem will be in at 6 and 7. I think if Naeem continues to bat with the discipline and temperment he's shown during these two tests, he might claim the number 6 spot for himself and leave Shakib with the job of looking after the tail.

Shehwar
March 21, 2010, 06:53 PM
Yup! Very impressed ... Should definitely bat higher ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

IanW
March 21, 2010, 06:58 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Best player ? Sure.

Best batsman ? I'd say no.

wiseshah
March 21, 2010, 07:04 PM
i think naeem should stay where he is now. why to change some position that is working for us. lets fix our other gap at number 3 and 4, we will be fine

too much change is not good

shakib, naeem, mahmudullah, mushfiq should bat at same position

no change required

view360
March 21, 2010, 07:24 PM
We need to have a rotating batting order which will enable our batsmen to grow skills to bat at any batting order and under any circumstance. Fixed order is not a good in the long run.

Tiger444
March 21, 2010, 07:42 PM
He was always a top order batsmen at other levels of [pplay and now in the national team he's at 8..its ridiculous how low he bats..he has all the tools to be a top order batsman..can drop the anchor when needed, can score a run a ball when needed, and when the team is in need of scoring quick runs he can get you those 4's and 6's..we rarely have players like that..we either have batsmen who can go all out and blast boundaries like tamim and shakib and players who graft and play the anchor roles mostly like imrul and roqibul, but mahmudullah, mushfiq and naeem mix with caution and aggression in my opinion havin tese guys 3, 4, 5 will really do wonders 2 our batting..

biddut
March 21, 2010, 07:49 PM
Naeem is a solid test batsman. I concur.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2010, 07:49 PM
Ideally, we'd play six batsmen (including part-time bowlers) + an all rounder + four bowlers, one or two of who can bat a bit. If that's going to happen, we might need to drop someone from #'s 2 and 3. Batting till #8 is a waste - we'd do better to play an extra bowler instead.

yaseer
March 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
Ideally, we'd play six batsmen (including part-time bowlers) + an all rounder + four bowlers, one or two of who can bat a bit. If that's going to happen, we might need to drop someone from #'s 2 and 3. Batting till #8 is a waste - we'd do better to play an extra bowler instead.

Exactly, we need an extra bowler and all the batsmen then move up one position in their batting order.

Tiger444
March 21, 2010, 07:56 PM

exactly..Imrul really is not needed in the team..getting us only 13 runs an innings when even rubel does better then that..our bowlers lack wicket taking ability so we need another bowler..also take the gloves off of mushy..let him be a batsman if hes batting so well..wicketkeeping is just a waste of time now..let dhiman take the gloves if people think he is actually the real deal..and we can use four bowlers..if we had enamul or shuvo in that couldve really made a difference..its as important 2 take 20 wickets as posting a big score..

NKVDv2
March 21, 2010, 08:01 PM
Just for thristy BD fans, ICC is creating batting position 0, -1, -2 and -3.

BD has a batting order from -3 to 7.

fishyguy
March 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
Its a tough call chokka dosen't have to seem to have the shots like the other batsman. Although he has shown his stickability. Once again more test matches are required before Chokka gets promoted needs to get a 100 like Mullah first. So lets hope he comes good then BD will have tamim,Mushfik, Mullah, Shakib and Chokka. They need 3 more Batsman. BD needs a partner for Tamim, Junaid still has a long way to prove himself and Aftab is still 50/50. but no doubt in anyones mind that Bhimrul and razzak need to go.

cricket_king
March 21, 2010, 08:12 PM
Naeem has always been a top-order player...that is, until he reached the national team. During the under 19s and A team tours he played top 4 and played pretty damn consistently. I've always thought he should move up the order, but having him down there isn't too bad actually - he seems to play very well with the tail, and enables them to gain some confidence.

fais
March 21, 2010, 08:13 PM
the fact of the matter is - we have players in our top and middle order who score just as often as naeem does, so see no reason to change, let's hope that jahurul shows promise in his second test innings

wiseshah
March 21, 2010, 08:20 PM
in future, when every one in form--i wud love to see this line up in test matches

tamim
Junaid (at this moment, he is the best candidate, unless some one perform better)/nazimuddin
mushfiq
mahmudullah
ashraful/rokibul/farhad Hossain
naeem
shakib
dhiman ghosh/sagir hossain pavel/anamul haq -if mushy play as a batsman
shohrawardi shuvo / shahadat (hope he regain his form)/enamul haq jr (depend upon situation)
shafiul
rubel

FagunerAgun
March 21, 2010, 08:44 PM
in future, when every one in form--i wud love to see this line up in test matches

tamim
Junaid (at this moment, he is the best candidate, unless some one perform better)/nazimuddin
mushfiq
mahmudullah
ashraful/rokibul/farhad Hossain
naeem
shakib
dhiman ghosh/sagir hossain pavel/anamul haq -if mushy play as a batsman
shohrawardi shuvo / shahadat (hope he regain his form)/enamul haq jr (depend upon situation)
shafiul
rubel

I like this line up because:
1. It has multiple options
2. Rajjak's exclusion: Raj is better in ODIs than in Tests.
3. Naeem's cool head in the middle order will be supportive to others to be a slogger or a learner or both
4. Hope Rock will come back roaring, to be our 'Jonathan Trot'.

M.H.Rubel
March 22, 2010, 06:16 AM
As per Prothom Alo today in an interview:
Q:Dont you think that you should bat up the order?
Naeem:I have just come back to the team.Its my 2nd test after come back.I want to get runs not thinking about batting position at the moment.If i get runs i will be promoted as Riyad got promotion up the order.
So Naeem himself is not thinking about promotion of his batting order.Why should we?I think its better to keep him there make some good innings>>gather confidence>promotion like Riyad.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Gowza
March 22, 2010, 06:58 AM
i think it might be good to keep him down the order for the england series just because they're tough conditions and it's not a good place to experiment too much. as said he's only just comeback to the team and he is very inexperienced at the test level so a few series down the order might not be so bad, but i'm sure he'll turnout a better test bat than a #7/8.

al-Sagar
March 22, 2010, 07:06 AM
in england i would like to see him in no 7 and a team like this

tamim
junaed(in england the ball will swing always... so 2 =3)
jahurul/farhad/nazimuddin lets try them and see what they can do.
mushfiq
riadh
shakib
naeem
WK/pacer4
pacer1
pacer2
pacer3

pacers : rubel,shafiul,nazmul,robin,sajidul,talha, shahadat

Fazal
March 22, 2010, 05:25 PM
So Naeem himself is not thinking about promotion of his batting order.Why should we?I think its better to keep him there make some good innings>>gather confidence>promotion like Riyad.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

How do you know Naeem himself is not thinking about promotion of his batting order? Just beacuse he is not saying so?

What else he is supposed to say? "I deserve a promotion in the batting order" ?. He said exactly what he is supposed to say, politically correct answer and not rock the boat, and sooner or later with his bat, he will force the issue silently.

However as a fan, we don;t need to be politically correct to express our opinion. Thats why some of us, based on his maturity that we have seen so far, would like to have him bat few slots ahead so that he have more tie to space his innings and don't miss the centruy that he just missed last innings because lack of a partner to support him.