PDA

View Full Version : We are killing our pace attack

imahmud
March 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
How could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region alt=</st1:country-region><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> test cricket improve if we don’t compete in the highest level? Make sense. Then why are we complaining about our pace attack when we do the same to them? We are KILLING our pace bowling future by allowing our spinner dictate the game. Just couple of over at the beginning, that’s it, it all spinners after that. Our spinners dictate the game and our pacers are becoming less confident and dying in front of us. Its all happening in front of our eyes. Well, yes Spinners are our strength but we now really happened to have good potential pace bowlers. I’ve been watching <st1:City w:st="on">Ausi</st1:City>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of the time their pace attack is lethal even bowling bellow 140k. Of course, they use their height and variation and they pick their spot very well. Now our bowlers have very good pace (thank God) and they consistently bowl over 140k but they are not trained enough to make it lethal. Why BCB is not doing anything about it? Are they expecting a miracle? They could easily hire a high class fast bowling consultant and temporarily work with our pacers and assistant couches and after the consultation, our coaches can follow it through with the pacers and also pass the knowledge to our juniors. If we don’t use them, if we don’t put faith on them and give them time to grow, we will never have good pace attack. We have no one but ourselves to be blamed for killing them and their future. Please don't waste the talent that we have. Any thought?

nura43
March 21, 2010, 11:02 PM
How could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> test cricket improve if we don’t compete in the highest level? Make sense. Then why are we complaining about our pace attack when we do the same to them? We are KILLING our pace bowling future by allowing our spinner dictate the game. Just couple of over at the beginning, that’s it, it all spinners after that. Our spinners dictate the game and our pacers are becoming less confident and dying in front of us. Its all happening in front of our eyes. Well, yes Spinners are our strength but we now really happened to have good potential pace bowlers. I’ve been watching <st1:City w:st="on">Ausi</st1:City>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of the time their pace attack is lethal even bowling bellow 140k. Of course, they use their height and variation and they pick their spot very well. Now our bowlers have very good pace (thank God) and they consistently bowl over 140k but they are not trained enough to make it lethal. Why BCB is not doing anything about it? Are they expecting a miracle? They could easily higher a high class fast bowling consultant and temporarily work with our pacers and assistant couches and after the consultation, our coaches can follow it through with the pacers and also pass the knowledge to our juniors. If we don’t use them, if we don’t put faith on them and give them time to grow, we will never have good pace attack. We have no one but ourselves to be blamed for killing them and their future. Please don't waste the talent that we have. Any thought?

Totally agree with you mate. I would also like to add that BCB is not preparing pace bowling friendly wickets which could help and motivate our pacers. Moreover our batsmen play on slow and flat wickets at home and struggle badly when they go on tours to SA, Australia, England, Newzealand etc etc as they cannot cope with fast and bouncy wickets in those countries. Our cricket management authority really sucks.

IanW
March 21, 2010, 11:13 PM
Ahh, another pair of people who do not understand geography, weather patterns and it's influence on bounce in cricket wickets.

In any case, Rubel and Shaiful are doing a pretty darn good job as a pair of quicks, so I dont think they've been completely ruined.

al-Sagar
March 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
just think of india...............

they are a big nation, playing for such a long time..................... and are they anything better in this pace bowling situatuion.

the media have been saying for a long time to produce bouncy and pacey pitches to save their pacers, but they could not. because of the geo graphy and weather as said by IanW.

imahmud
March 21, 2010, 11:42 PM
Ian,
But I think that with the current pacers, we can do much better. The simple idea that I am trying to convey is that if these pacers are not given chance to go through their full load and does not experience struggles and failures and if they are taken out after few overs, how could they mature? Can you imagine if beginer swimmers are taken out because they are not good enough, we never have anyone who will know how to swim.

IanW
March 22, 2010, 12:36 AM
Offstump,

Kindly look at a map, and tell me where Bangladesh is, and whats it's elevation above sea level the major grounds are, and how far they are from the water.

Then tell me about your average humidity.

Then explain to me how you get a bouncy pitch.

Ihmamud,

Right now, at lunch of day 3, Rubel has bowled 15 out of 94 overs, and Shaiful nine.

In the 117 overs England bowled at Bangladesh, Broad bowled 18, Bresnan 21 and Finn 10.

Thats right, Rubel and Shaiful have bowled about the same number of overs the English quicks did.

When you've got facts other than 'I'm frustrated' to back your argument, use them.

imahmud
March 22, 2010, 01:21 AM
Ian,
Good point but if you look at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:place alt=</st1:place>England's innings, they let their pacers bowl first 6 overs and continued with single pace attack till 12th overs. On the other hand, we let Shaiful bowl the very first over and then the spinners took over. And then we sparingly used our pacers to give the spinners break or to insert some variation for the batsman to make spinners effective. I am not talking about the strategy by the geography as I know that it may be the right strategy (kosher) but in the process, we are killing it. All I am saying is that it could be better than this. Let me remind you that Aussie and England had/have world class spinners and they are taking wickets local and abroard and our neighbor Pakistan had/have both and we could and should have too. Please remember that it is impossible when you make it to be and imagination itself a limit of our thought as the Wiseman says but this is neither impossible nor just my dull imagination. We could have strong pace attack and it is possible and we need to nurture it.

Imtiazk
March 22, 2010, 03:32 AM
Rubel was clearly reverse swinging - yet he got just a 2 over spell. I just don't get it. Also I don't get why Naeem was bowling round the wicket. Very negative and there will be no lbw - even if the umpires gave it out.

imahmud
March 22, 2010, 09:10 AM
So far, we have WC spinners but they are not the strike bowlers. They can control the run rate but can not be a serious threat. Our Mash was heading that direction until his injury. We need to nurture our pacers and with current pace attack and thier pace we have a chance.

al-Sagar
March 22, 2010, 09:21 AM
Offstump,

Kindly look at a map, and tell me where Bangladesh is, and whats it's elevation above sea level the major grounds are, and how far they are from the water.

Then tell me about your average humidity.

Then explain to me how you get a bouncy pitch.

i did not oppose u. i told india are also having the same problem as us. they have same geography as us. and they are facing the problem creating good fast bowlers coz they cannot prepare bouncy pitches. and its the same problem in bangladesh.

imahmud
March 25, 2010, 08:48 PM
Our strategy was contentment and have English make mistakes. But they were professional and esperience enough and Shakib's tactics did not work. We need strike bowlers who can take wickets. Now we have some times before visiting England. I am wondering what is the BCB plan to train our pace bowler for the tour. Are we hiring a consultant? Will they be practicing English like turf? Or we are leaving it to the bowlers and if they fail, bring in new blood. What we invest in, that's what we will get. I hope that we better have good plan otherwise history will repeat.

Gowza
March 25, 2010, 09:03 PM
this is why they need find the pacers with weapons and put some proper effort into developing them. it's not like BD are lacking in talent because we have guys like shafi, rubel, robin, dolar, subashis, sajidul, emon, alauddin, and once upon a time shahadat was like that.

bharat
March 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
BD's ultimate goal is to win/draw test matches..it does not matter how they come.

BD's current crop of batsmen need time and confidence before they negotiate quality pace attack.By preparing bouncy tracks BD would eliminate the little chance that they have to win Tests.They need to play to their strengths and mask their weeknesses ...Spin is the way to go .

For that matter Pak with such a great pace attack still creates belters as they dont trust their batsmen to negotiate quality fast bowling . India and SL on the other hand create turners as it suits them ! Its all about home advantage and the recepie to succeed.

Haradhon
March 25, 2010, 10:12 PM
How could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region alt=</st1:country-region><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> test cricket improve if we don’t compete in the highest level? Make sense. Then why are we complaining about our pace attack when we do the same to them? We are KILLING our pace bowling future by allowing our spinner dictate the game. Just couple of over at the beginning, that’s it, it all spinners after that. Our spinners dictate the game and our pacers are becoming less confident and dying in front of us. Its all happening in front of our eyes. Well, yes Spinners are our strength but we now really happened to have good potential pace bowlers. I’ve been watching <st1:City w:st="on">Ausi</st1:City>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of the time their pace attack is lethal even bowling bellow 140k. Of course, they use their height and variation and they pick their spot very well. Now our bowlers have very good pace (thank God) and they consistently bowl over 140k but they are not trained enough to make it lethal. Why BCB is not doing anything about it? Are they expecting a miracle? They could easily hire a high class fast bowling consultant and temporarily work with our pacers and assistant couches and after the consultation, our coaches can follow it through with the pacers and also pass the knowledge to our juniors. If we don’t use them, if we don’t put faith on them and give them time to grow, we will never have good pace attack. We have no one but ourselves to be blamed for killing them and their future. Please don't waste the talent that we have. Any thought?
No, we are not killing our pace attack. We, Bangalees, are not physically strong. So we have to rely on our strength which is spin bowling. However you do need two test quality pace bowlers in the team and at this time we do not have them. Our current bunch can grow into a test compatible bunch with experience. We have seen in the NZ series that our pacers are not that bad in a bouncy pitch. However we cannot plan our attack around pace.
For the long term benefit we can grab a bunch of adolescents through pace-hunting and send them to gym and give them special diet for a few years.
Our progress in batting will obviate our weakness against pace bowling nations as our batters can easily score 400+ in any innings. All we need is develop Tamim and some U-19's into Alvin Kalicharan and Sunil Gavaskars, who do not fear pace and get some runs by hooking and pulling

Dhruvo
March 25, 2010, 11:10 PM
No, we are not killing our pace attack. We, Bangalees, are not physically strong.
Well its not everyone, I mean the lack of physical strength isn't really embedded on our genes. Anyone can increase the amount of physical strength they have. Our pacers are weak because they aren't really brought up as well as the pacers from other test nations are. We need to build a pace bowling academy and hire some old fast bowlers for the long term

cricman
March 26, 2010, 12:13 AM
Dont cut the grass for the next test

BANFAN
March 26, 2010, 12:52 AM
I dont think so. Assistance from pitch is the way to kill.

IMO Hostile pitches will rathar assist the pacers to work harder and develop skills like swing, reversing, bounceing, Yorking, etc etc all these done need gass on wkt. Like it did in Pakistan. Success through favourable pitches will make the bowlers complacent with even inferior skills. Our problem is in lack of pace and skills, not pitch.

BANFAN
March 26, 2010, 01:00 AM
How could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region alt=</st1:country-region><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> test cricket improve if we don’t compete in the highest level? Make sense. Then why are we complaining about our pace attack when we do the same to them? We are KILLING our pace bowling future by allowing our spinner dictate the game. Just couple of over at the beginning, that’s it, it all spinners after that. Our spinners dictate the game and our pacers are becoming less confident and dying in front of us. Its all happening in front of our eyes. Well, yes Spinners are our strength but we now really happened to have good potential pace bowlers. I’ve been watching <st1:City w:st="on">Ausi</st1:City>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of the time their pace attack is lethal even bowling bellow 140k. Of course, they use their height and variation and they pick their spot very well. Now our bowlers have very good pace (thank God) and they consistently bowl over 140k but they are not trained enough to make it lethal. Why BCB is not doing anything about it? Are they expecting a miracle? They could easily hire a high class fast bowling consultant and temporarily work with our pacers and assistant couches and after the consultation, our coaches can follow it through with the pacers and also pass the knowledge to our juniors. If we don’t use them, if we don’t put faith on them and give them time to grow, we will never have good pace attack. We have no one but ourselves to be blamed for killing them and their future. Please don't waste the talent that we have. Any thought?

Good points and agree to most.
1. We need a coach; like Wasim/Waker
2. We need to use them in most of the cases; this was weird to see Shakib persisting with Razzaq instead of pacers in 2nd innings against England. 1/2 trial overs for a change could be ok, but continuing with him without success fo so long was stupid/foolish. Denying the advantage of pace with the new ball was nothing but crappy strategy.

Yes, give them chance and persist with them, they will learn more. Razzak is no Shane warne to ingore the pacers with a new ball for so long................ Nonsense

cricman
March 26, 2010, 02:26 AM

IMO Hostile pitches will rathar assist the pacers to work harder and develop skills like swing, reversing, bounceing, Yorking, etc etc all these done need gass on wkt. Like it did in Pakistan. Success through favourable pitches will make the bowlers complacent with even inferior skills. Our problem is in lack of pace and skills, not pitch.
Re read what u wrote

simon
March 26, 2010, 06:04 AM
the title of this thread could be "Our pacers are killing us" ,lol.

AsifTheManRahman
March 26, 2010, 09:36 AM
the title of this thread could be "Our pacers are killing us" ,lol.
That would be a more appropriate title. :)

BANFAN
March 26, 2010, 04:53 PM
Re read what u wrote

Boss, jhere kashun na ;)

I read 3 times and found it ok, it is what I wanted to say. Am I contradicting anywhere? May be my way of expression or poor English ;)

cricman
March 26, 2010, 04:58 PM

IMO Hostile pitches will rathar assist the pacers to work harder and develop skills like swing, reversing, bounceing, Yorking, etc etc all these done need gass on wkt.

Like it did in Pakistan. Success through favourable pitches will make the bowlers complacent with even inferior skills. Our problem is in lack of pace and skills, not pitch.you contradicted yourself

just look at my sig ... Rajib and Rasel on a Grassy Pitch wold have had the Entire Sri Lankan Top order dismissed 45/5, if not for one dropped catch

Rasel on Grassy Pitches was taking 10fers vs English Counties

nahaz
March 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
First, the pitch argument. Sure, we cannot emulate the old perth pitches, but what we had in Chittagong around 2002 was good enough to be sporting. We need pitches with some life..swings first 10 overs, good length balls going above waist height, and pitch not swallowing up all pace on impact. We also neede the ball to turn, as much as we can, but at least enough to be turning on day 4 & 5. WHile current pitches are good for the batsman's confidence, I doubt they'd be scoring 450 most of the time.

Second, the way we use our pacers is terrible. Razzak should not be bowling 2nd over of a test innings. We should use the little swing we can get with the new ball, so both pacers should always bowl first 8-10 overs unless one of them is really taking a hit. Also, our best spinner, Sakib should be the first change.

Third, its pretty ridiculous how we assume we have 4 top world class spinners, which we don't. Only Sakib is top class in tests. The guy really makes your life hard. Razzak should not bowl in tests again until he's developed variations and blitzed the NCL. He spoils Sakib's good work. Naeem should be allowed to develop. Riyad is looking like a really promising spinner but again is underused. If we take out Razzak, his workload can be better shared with the pacers and Naeem. I think our pacers getting similar sort of overs per head as some of their English counterparts in tests is essential.

For England, I'd rather see a 3rd pacer play. Failing that, I'd play a batsman. But when we drop Imrul, and there's no replacements, maybe we should play either another pacer or a wicketkeeper.

amra_korbo_joy
March 26, 2010, 06:18 PM
How could <st1:country-region 0="" alt=" border="></st1:country-region><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> test cricket improve if we don’t compete in the highest level? Make sense. Then why are we complaining about our pace attack when we do the same to them? We are KILLING our pace bowling future by allowing our spinner dictate the game. Just couple of over at the beginning, that’s it, it all spinners after that. Our spinners dictate the game and our pacers are becoming less confident and dying in front of us. Its all happening in front of our eyes. Well, yes Spinners are our strength but we now really happened to have good potential pace bowlers. I’ve been watching <st1:city w:st="on">Ausi</st1:city>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region> and most of the time their pace attack is lethal even bowling bellow 140k. Of course, they use their height and variation and they pick their spot very well. Now our bowlers have very good pace (thank God) and they consistently bowl over 140k but they are not trained enough to make it lethal. Why BCB is not doing anything about it? Are they expecting a miracle? They could easily hire a high class fast bowling consultant and temporarily work with our pacers and assistant couches and after the consultation, our coaches can follow it through with the pacers and also pass the knowledge to our juniors. If we don’t use them, if we don’t put faith on them and give them time to grow, we will never have good pace attack. We have no one but ourselves to be blamed for killing them and their future. Please don't waste the talent that we have. Any thought?

I agree with you. We need pace friendly pitch.

WI4EVER
March 26, 2010, 09:16 PM
By reading the lead post I get the feeling that Bangladesh wickets are slow and low. I can relate this alot to West Indies Cricket.

For example, recently Trinidad and Tobago played 4 spinners in an XI, along with 1 pacer (Ravi Rampaul). Ravi Rampaul opened the bowling with Kieron Pollard. After 10 overs, it was spin for the rest of the day. You'd think that WI batsmen would learn to bat spin better after facing spin dominant teams, but they can't. (Except Chanderpaul and Sarwan).

If you ask me for Domestic Cricket, they should make a rule that pace bowlers must bowl at least 15-20 overs in a day unless something comes up. To encourage these pace bowlers they should make the pitches more fast and bouncy (NOT bowler friendly). It will have something for both sides.

NKVDv2
March 26, 2010, 09:32 PM
While most of you write with good intent in this thread, I think the comments are overboard.

We unearthed Masri, Rubel, Shafiul and co out of nowhere.

Also, most of you have argued elsewhere that we should play with our strength. That's wht, w/ the calcualation that the English can't play spin, we stacked our team and pitch to be spin conducive.

Now, there were some mistakes there - like playing Razzak, at all. And also the assumption that ppl who are white skinned -can't play spin. Just as you will here the English saying, we can't play pace. Only that, they are right. Hehe.

Like all bengalis (excluding members on this board, who are the smartest), our BCB planners and tacticians fall prey to their primary instincts. Arrogance and the sheer need to think harder prevents them from arguing against themselves to better understand the fact, and decide accordingly.

We'll be seeing our pacers in maruading form in England.

NKVDv2
March 26, 2010, 09:35 PM
By reading the lead post I get the feeling that Bangladesh wickets are slow and low. I can relate this alot to West Indies Cricket.

For example, recently Trinidad and Tobago played 4 spinners in an XI, along with 1 pacer (Ravi Rampaul). Ravi Rampaul opened the bowling with Kieron Pollard. After 10 overs, it was spin for the rest of the day. You'd think that WI batsmen would learn to bat spin better after facing spin dominant teams, but they can't. (Except Chanderpaul and Sarwan).

If you ask me for Domestic Cricket, they should make a rule that pace bowlers must bowl at least 15-20 overs in a day unless something comes up. To encourage these pace bowlers they should make the pitches more fast and bouncy (NOT bowler friendly). It will have something for both sides.

WI has always had spinners. Only that they were not that good, or they were overshadowed by the pace jaggaurnut (sp).

CL had LG in his team. Though if Gomes were playing ODIs nowadays w/ 50 overs, and the pacers were still there, he would not have bowled.

Gowza
March 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
people say play to our strength, play spin. but can we really call spin a strength? maybe it's not as bad as our pacers, but i certainly wouldn't call it a strength, fact is atm shakib is the only true test quality spinner we have, we might have one or 2 moving around in the domestic system but they're not getting chances in the national team if they are there.

we have some good talent with the pacers, it's just they don't get enough quality guidance or enough quality field time, they need to play quality opposition and at the same time get quality coaching.

al Furqaan
March 26, 2010, 10:31 PM
people say play to our strength, play spin. but can we really call spin a strength? maybe it's not as bad as our pacers, but i certainly wouldn't call it a strength, fact is atm shakib is the only true test quality spinner we have, we might have one or 2 moving around in the domestic system but they're not getting chances in the national team if they are there.

we have some good talent with the pacers, it's just they don't get enough quality guidance or enough quality field time, they need to play quality opposition and at the same time get quality coaching.

thats true...but at the same time spinners need time to develop. i don't think enamul was given proper time. razzak is a no-hoper outside of LOI and i really want to see either shuvo, or better yet saqlain get some looks.

Gowza
March 26, 2010, 10:36 PM
thats true...but at the same time spinners need time to develop. i don't think enamul was given proper time. razzak is a no-hoper outside of LOI and i really want to see either shuvo, or better yet saqlain get some looks.

yeah i'd like to see shuvo get a few chances now, saqlain would probably be the next guy but we also have sabbir, noor and shaker on their way up. BCB really need to busy up the academy and A team schedules to give them some experience, otherwise send off an u23 team.

but yeah, spinners can take awhile to develop, it's not that often that you get a shakib or a vettori who are test quality at such a young age.

imahmud
March 27, 2010, 12:38 AM
In good old days Mashrafe and his pace partner cleaned up the top order batsmen and spinners came and slowed down the run rate in the middle and forced some wickets to fall and the pace came back again and got the tail enders. As every one says that spin is our strength and Shakib is our best bowler and both are true but only thing is Shakib is not a strike bowler. He is the type of bowler who can tighten up the run flow and force opposition make mistakes but lack of support from the other end, it foils the plan, it just prolong the opposition victory. It was never been a threat to the opposition, it made them longer to win. Bellow is the statistics that I've compiled from this English tour. Before that, I'd like to remind people that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:place alt=</st1:place>England came from a pace based env. but they also have produced world class spinners. And we hosted them and tried to make our turf spin friendly and of course, it was a non paced friendly wicket.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=3 odis total:<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>: <o:p></o:p>
Ovr--totWk-Pace-Spin--Pace----Spinner--pace------spinner---Pace---Spinner<o:p></o:p>
ovr--tw--pwk--swk--povr--sovr--Povr%--Sovr%--Pwk%--Swk% <o:p></o:p>
145--22--13---9----95----40----65.5---34.5---59----41<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:country-region u2:st="on"><u1:place u2:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region></u1:place></u1:country-region>:<o:p></o:p>
ovr--twk-pwk-swk-povr-sovr-Povr%-Sovr%-Pwk%-Swk%<o:p></o:p>
145--17---2---15--32--113---22----78---11.7--88.3 <o:p></o:p>
As you can see that England Pace bowlers bowled about 65% and got 59% of the ODI wickets and our pacers only bowled 22%
And in the Test:
ovr twk pwk swk povr sovr Povr% Sovr% Pwk% Swk% <o:p></o:p>
207--19--8---11--109--97---52.6--47.4--42---58<o:p></o:p>
ovr twk pwk swk povr sovr Povr% Sovr% Pwk% Swk% <o:p></o:p>
311--15--2--13---77---244--24.7--75.3--13.3-86.7<o:p></o:p>
As you can see above that our pacers (green) only bowled 25% (24.7%) in test and their pacers bowled over 50% and of course our Spinners took more wickets but we had to bowl 311 overs and 87% of it was Spin. Which support my generalization that we don’t have strike bowler, our spin attack is based on confinement and chocking tactics and that’s why it took longer (311 overs) but unfortunately although it frustrate the opponent but it is not a threat to them. It just take them longer time to win.
So the bottom line is, if we, of course, play with our strength and have our pacer bowl at least 40% of the over and if we keep trust on them and train them so that they can take out some of the top order batsmen and later assist to take the tail enders, we will be in good shape. As we see that Country like <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>, even knowing our condition, chose to use their pace attack more and on the other hand, we used our spinners. And even as they have pace wicket in their country but they were able to produce good spinners. If they can do that then why could not we produce good pace bowlers?

imahmud
March 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
As from the last post, English came in and knowing our spin friendly pitch, used their pace bowlers more then the spinnars because they have given responsibility to their pace group and they did it very well. We can not win game with spin alone, we need contribution from the pace bowler, just like England. Our next door neighbour India used to think like that many many years ago until the arrival of Kapil Dev and Things changed since then. Now india has a good balance of spin and pace and they are now up there.

FagunerAgun
March 28, 2010, 01:27 PM
Ahh, another pair of people who do not understand geography, weather patterns and it's influence on bounce in cricket wickets.

In any case, Rubel and Shaiful are doing a pretty darn good job as a pair of quicks, so I dont think they've been completely ruined.
Understood but Chittagong has more moisture, then why there was no bouncy pitch.