PDA

View Full Version : Walk out!

Cric_blood
March 22, 2010, 01:38 AM
If I remember correctly,few years back a team walked out of the field to proove grievences against an umpire!! nothing hpand to them. Why cant we do that?

al-Sagar
March 22, 2010, 01:47 AM
it was SL when darrel hair was constaly calling murali no ball for chucking

ranatunga led his team off-field. shakib dont have that guts ranatunga had

Cric_blood
March 22, 2010, 01:50 AM
our odinaiok=bhua

Cric_blood
March 22, 2010, 01:50 AM
and again razzak lbw denied!!

Electrequiem
March 22, 2010, 01:52 AM

lol, he really doesn't.

Rabz
March 22, 2010, 01:55 AM
These are two different situations..
no need to walk out at this point..

calling your prime bowler a chucker and denying lbw's are two different things..

its not about sakib's guts...

Cric_blood
March 22, 2010, 01:56 AM
i would mind not watch the match rather than watching all theze crap...

walking out give a note to everyone

baisab
March 22, 2010, 02:13 AM
Theres really nothing more left for me to say, they should stage a walkout and not return for play after tea. this is becoming more than rediculous. Im sure the umpires wouldn't miss in pointing at a Bangladesh forfiet, not in the way they have been missing the plumb lbw appeals.

I mean whats the point playing anyway if the whole establishment is against you, there is no way a team can win like that.

anyway im gonna stop following this game as it's already been handed to England on a plate by the umps just like the second ODI.

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 02:50 AM
I do second that. As our board doesn't have the guts to do anything, I think the players need to walk out!!!

salin
March 22, 2010, 02:58 AM
I do second that. As our board doesn't have the guts to do anything, I think the players need to walk out!!!

If we do that ICC may take action aginst us. we are not capable to handle that.

Lets we spectator all together walk out from the stadium.

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 02:59 AM
If we do that ICC may take action aginst us. we are not capable to handle that.

Lets we spectator all together walk out from the stadium.

**** ICC. I am sure they won't have the guts to do that.

Rabz
March 22, 2010, 04:33 AM
You surely dont want to walk out in front of David Morgan, ICC President who is at the ground.

unda_bhai
March 22, 2010, 04:37 AM
You surely dont want to walk out in front of David Morgan, ICC President who is at the ground.

i rekon that wud be the perfect time to walk out.

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 04:43 AM

At least Shakib should give strong speech after the end of today's play. I know he may get banned for a couple of matches.yet....

unda_bhai
March 22, 2010, 04:45 AM
man these icc people are such a protected species. F them. if it wasnt for the game itself, the players, and the fans . THEY WUD NEVA HAVE A JOB !!

kalpurush
March 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
Cricket fan from India:

"Not sure whether Shakib Al Hasan's bowling will lead his side to victory, but what a marathon spell from the captain, leading from the front! Should be part of Bangladeshi cricketing folklore with his 57-27-99-4," writes Rosh from India. Definitely agree with you there, it was an unbelievable effort from him and despite the loss of morale with the umpiring decisions not going in their favour (rubbed in by the 1000s of emails we've received about those), Bangladesh are not out of this game yet.

al-Sagar
March 22, 2010, 06:58 AM

surely the umpires should not have made these mistakes in front of ICC chief

Naimul_Hd
March 22, 2010, 07:23 AM
if i were shakib's position, believe me, i would have walked out and have a long discussion with Siddons and Match referee. coz This umpires crossed their limit. if u dnt learn to raise ur voice, u will be oppressed in ur whole life for sure !

The gr8 sunil gavaskar also once walked out the field with his partner to protest against Ump's wrong decision.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrp53wKHgb0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrp53wKHgb0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrp53wKHgb0

magic boy
March 22, 2010, 08:20 AM
the major fact is that we don't have big mouth in media. nobody blatantly speak for us.
When India faced bad umpiring while playign against Aussie Shunil Gavaskar went furious.
"This is nonsense, Utter nonsense" that was his direct protesting speech while commentating at that moment. moreover Indian media play big role in this circumstances. what about us. playing as third world nation we are out of extra support from other aspects.

Ananna
March 22, 2010, 08:32 AM
Sakib should mention about these decisions in the award ceremony as well as in the press conference. May be he will be reprimanded or will be banned for couple matches, but at least he can bring some attention to this matter to the cricket world.

beshideshi
March 22, 2010, 08:53 AM
There is no need to stage a walk out, a walk out by an Aussie/Indian team is something else, but seriously, no one will care if Bangladesh team walks out. There will be more negatives than positives for us.
Also, I do not think having some LBW decisions against you is bad enough to walk out and blame the captain of not having guts. Walking out after few wrong decisions doesn't require you to have guts, it just requires you to be stupid.

Ajfar
March 22, 2010, 09:15 AM
we are already in ICC thukku BCCI's bad side, lets not get in their worse side.

Roni_uk
March 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
Theres really nothing more left for me to say, they should stage a walkout and not return for play after tea. this is becoming more than rediculous. Im sure the umpires wouldn't miss in pointing at a Bangladesh forfiet, not in the way they have been missing the plumb lbw appeals.

I mean whats the point playing anyway if the whole establishment is against you, there is no way a team can win like that.

anyway im gonna stop following this game as it's already been handed to England on a plate by the umps just like the second ODI.

They will get an hefty fine if we decide to walk out. Well lets not walk out but Shakib should at least hold up the match to discuss with the umpires and the coach to make a point. This is just getting ridiculous.

meazz1
March 22, 2010, 11:29 AM
No need to walk out..
we are always at the shot end of the stick and this time it's no different.
Our media needs to bring it up every time this happens to us and that is the only way our voices will be heard.

Media holds the key, no use walking out.

Ahsan
March 22, 2010, 11:34 AM
I would protest differently on-field by placing fielders near boundary and give ball to Mushy/Jahurul with no wicket keeper. There would be no attempt from fielders to stop a ball at boundary. I would continue this for at least two overs.

DJ Sahastra
March 22, 2010, 12:15 PM
As a protest, Shakib and Co. should decide not to appeal for an OUT.

ahms
March 22, 2010, 12:37 PM

It will make matter worse. In LBW decision, no team has right to object unless you use referrel system.

ahms
March 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
After all these mishap by the umpire, thus far, I may continue to go on with head down. But it will be very hard to control myself if I see more decision goes against us tomorrow when we bat.

Peace
March 22, 2010, 12:52 PM
the major fact is that we don't have big mouth in media. nobody blatantly speak for us.
When India faced bad umpiring while playign against Aussie Shunil Gavaskar went furious.
"This is nonsense, Utter nonsense" that was his direct protesting speech while commentating at that moment. moreover Indian media play big role in this circumstances. what about us. playing as third world nation we are out of extra support from other aspects.

This time the sky news in the UK have been broadcasting the controversial umpiring decisions. They have been showing all umpiring howlers including Jamie Siddons’ out spoken interview. Hopefully, we will get a relatively fair deal in the 2nd innings.

auntu
March 22, 2010, 01:13 PM
There are other ways of protest.

As far as I can remember it was probably NZ against AUS and in the Richard Hadley era. NZ bowlers constant LBW appeals were turned down by blind Aussie umpires. Then the NZ captain decided to have all 9 players to have in the slip.

Bowler was probably Hadley.

Shakib could have done something like that.

Morpheous
March 22, 2010, 02:38 PM

its not the Guts bro....Shakib/BD team and BCB still dont have that backbone with 3 test win in 66 attempts...

BangladeshFan
March 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
if i were shakib's position, believe me, i would have walked out and have a long discussion with Siddons and Match referee. coz This umpires crossed their limit. if u dnt learn to raise ur voice, u will be oppressed in ur whole life for sure !

The gr8 sunil gavaskar also once walked out the field with his partner to protest against Ump's wrong decision.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrp53wKHgb0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"></object> (http://%3Cobject%20style=%22height:%20344px;%20width:%204 25px%22%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22movie%22%20value=%22h ttp://www.youtube.com/v/jrp53wKHgb0%22%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22allowFullScree n%22%20value=%22true%22%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22allow ScriptAccess%22%20value=%22always%22%3E%3Cembed%20 src=%22http://www.youtube.com/v/jrp53wKHgb0%22%20type=%22application/x-shockwave-flash%22%20allowfullscreen=%22true%22%20allowScrip tAccess=%22always%22%20width=%22425%22%20height=%2 2344%22%3E%3C/object%3E)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrp53wKHgb0

he had a big edge and still being given lbw. he walked out because of that. we really need to have that kind of guts. i personally think sakib has it. but he knows bangladesh is not india and he is only a young captain. i think we will see lot more bold things from him in future.

Zeeshan
March 22, 2010, 02:49 PM
Shakib should've resorted to Ghandi resolution and refused to take drinks or lunch unless outs were given.

Ahsan
March 22, 2010, 02:52 PM
Shakib should've resorted to Ghandi resolution and refused to take drinks or lunch unless outs were given.

yes, we (fans) can take the lead by sending flowers to Hill/Tucker and ICC as a protest

Ananna
March 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
There are other ways of protest.

As far as I can remember it was probably NZ against AUS and in the Richard Hadley era. NZ bowlers constant LBW appeals were turned down by blind Aussie umpires. Then the NZ captain decided to have all 9 players to have in the slip.

Bowler was probably Hadley.

Shakib could have done something like that.

A similar incident happened in BD a couple decades ago (Man, I am old). It was in a Damal Summer Circket Tournament (I may be wrong about the tournament) final match between Abahani and Brothers Union. When an umpire turned down a catch or a lbw appeal of Brothres union, captain Nurul Abedin Nobel moved all the fielders in the slip cordon.

Zeeshan
March 22, 2010, 03:13 PM
yes, we (fans) can take the lead by sending flowers to Hill/Tucker and ICC as a protest

Hey, the other day I saw a man wearing shirt "Make Barbecue not War" ....whatever works man. E-)

bangalee20
March 22, 2010, 03:23 PM
At least Shakib should give strong speech after the end of today's play. I know he may get banned for a couple of matches.yet....
Why do you think Shakib will give his piece of mind much more than what he has already given? Remember, Shakib will be playing at the County Cricket. He needs to be as POLITE as possible and NOT to jeopardize his lucrative contract.

our LOTUS Mastan needs to step up and shout. BCB needs to amke the point and not Shakib, IMHO.

WarWolf
March 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
Why do you think Shakib will give his piece of mind much more than what he has already given? Remember, Shakib will be playing at the County Cricket. He needs to be as POLITE as possible and NOT to jeopardize his lucrative contract.

our LOTUS Mastan needs to step up and shout. BCB needs to amke the point and not Shakib, IMHO.

Lota is out of discussion here as he is not fit for the job. We are talking about the responsible persons, not the morons.

As BCB doesn't have any guts to do any kind of protest, Shakib and Siddons are the only person to do it.

checkmate
March 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
its very immature to boycot an inning for a bad discision...or bad discisions..(it would be a rokibul...what rokibul did,coz he was upset with the board. when he did no body suported him, most of u didnt like it, and it wasnt the right thing to do for rakib) these things happen in any game.what ranatunga did was different than this...his player was called chucker..thats not part of the game,his player was called cheater. discision not given, is part of the game...its definitely unfair what happened..but these things wil make u only strong..weak teams all over will not beat a strong team just by playing well..they always have to go the extra mile..if ur good u need to prove it.even in hard situation..the boys did the right thing..and the fans also pick up a bit of strength here.guys, if the umpires are not giving plumb lbws,there are other ways to get players out.lbw is just one out of 9 ways to make a player out.we didnt couldnt bowled anyone..get edges..we dropped catches as well..lbw discision is the help of another person.if ur good u can get the guy out by ur own abilities.these boys are learning that art..and when they do..they will be great...we dream of winning the world cup..do u think its so easy...just coz u dream, wont u have to get them bowled.. there is still lot of improvements to make..lets work on those..and when we win the world cup..then the world will see..and the umpires giving wrong discision..is actually catching peoples attention..even after so many discision..we are still in the game..we are still fighting..that is what will give us respect..england might win the series..but that win wont be sweat..we leave with our head high..smile...just see this link...u will kw what i want our boys to become..coz thats the attitude of the champions.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFOjvZaXeQ8

x2man007
March 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
wow! bengali = emotions!

yes, the umpires are assholes and somebody needs to do something about that for sure.

i personally think it should be bcb as they are in a position to bring this up to icc and to icc president (now that he is in Bangladesh, they have the perfect opportunity to do that).

however, sakib walking his team out, should not even cross our mind because that will only associate negatives to our cricket and cricketers. we are already in a weak position, trying to make a name for ourselves. a few of you gave examples from the past, but those really were different situations. ranatunga was the seniormost cricketer, representing srilanka and to him, it was more like the umpires labeling them cheaters. gavaskar too had quite a bit of weight on him in the world arena. on the other hand, sakib is our young (22 yr old) captain who has been playing international cricket only for a limited years, representing one of the weakest teams, who often get called out for underperformance.

the 2nd point i would like to make is that i completely agree with bangladeshfan. i also believe, sakib is quite fearless, his game approaches and moves make this very clear at least. so, i am confident that we will see plenty of bold moves by sakib in the future. it's just that he knows where he stands at the current moment, that's actually a useful ability (to know what his weight is).