PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons fined by ICC

kalson
March 23, 2010, 06:49 AM
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons has been fined 10 per cent of his applicable match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during his team’s second Test match against England at Dhaka. He was charged for showing dissent at an umpire’s decision during the second Test match against England at the Mirpur Stadium.

The coach pleaded guilty to the charge and accepted the proposed sanction offered to him by Jeff Crowe - ICC Match Referees, during the lunch interval on the fourth day of the final Test in Dhaka. “Jamie became increasingly frustrated and let his emotions out during the second session of day three which was obvious for all to see,” said Crowe.

The charge was brought by on-field umpires Tony Hill and Rod Tucker as well as third umpire Nadir Shah and fourth official Enamul Hoque. “Clearly he behaved inappropriately and he agrees that such actions and gestures must be kept behind closed doors. He is disappointed with himself that he was so public and he did not hesitate in pleading guilty and accepting the proposed sanction,” said Crowe.

© Cricdb

http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=2997

Roni_uk
March 23, 2010, 06:57 AM
Sad.

Bond
March 23, 2010, 07:01 AM
Sad.

Mone koshto pelam. Intolerable cruelty.

al-Sagar
March 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
anyway, fair in one sense. when ppl will hear siddons was fined, they will want to know what was the reason. then they will come to know what tucker and hill has done

nura43
March 23, 2010, 08:02 AM
I must say that Siddons reaction proves his sincerety and dedication towards the team.

magic boy
March 23, 2010, 08:02 AM
We want more similar incidents actually tbh :-D thus more media coverage :-D more attention to us :-D more stardom :-D

Zeeshan
March 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
We want more similar incidents actually tbh :-D thus more media coverage :-D more attention to us :-D more stardom :-D

lol ^

ribaldry from baldy?

Fazal
March 23, 2010, 08:06 AM
Way to go Taklu Bhai.

I am proud of you for making a statement when mew mew BCB and aundho ICC failed to do anything.

I am becomming a fan of yours.

Someone need to make a statement for these injustice that is going on for a while, and you made it, even at the cost of your own money .

Money will come and go... but respect from fans doesn;t come so easily. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sohel
March 23, 2010, 08:06 AM
Respect. WTG Sid, we're with you.

magic boy
March 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
lol ^

ribaldry from baldy?

why not :-D

During next England tour, even I wish he will engage himself in somewhat HOT scandal :p

_Rafi_
March 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
I want those two idiots(ump) to be fined.

AsifTheManRahman
March 23, 2010, 08:47 AM
This isn't surprising, because Cricket does condemn such behavior in general. But cricket is too much of a sissy sport and the authorities need to be prepared to take some flak once in a while.

Anyways, saw the fine coming, but now the question is who will fine the umpires?

AK420
March 23, 2010, 08:53 AM
I believe that the umpires should be fined 50% of the fee of the whole Bangladesh team(Including that of the team management) for their misery

nannu
March 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
I must say that Siddons reaction proves his sincerety and dedication towards the team.

agree ... i love this guy

Ananna
March 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
I want those two idiots(ump) to be fined.

So funny. These two morons in the field in other two deshi morons (Moni and Nadir) are making mistakes after mistakes and JS was fined based on the report of these morons over his outburst.
I am 100% with JS. he has guts thats why he did so.

Raynman
March 23, 2010, 09:16 AM
the fine was expected but lets hope it brings about fairness in the future.

Its kind of like an NBA coach taking a technical for the team just to get the message across that the officiating has been unfair.

Slysaint
March 23, 2010, 09:25 AM
i am sorry, showing dissent by players in the field of play is one thing but not even coach? who the hell are these umpires? they are not God. everyone in this world can and should be criticized, if one is not doing a proper job! what was siddons sin, he was frustrated, he went to the match referee? this is absolutely wrong.

anyone know how much 10% match fee would be? Perhaps as a statement of our displeasure we can do a collection pay it on his behalf and hold a press conference etc. certainly that would bring more focus on this issue.

WarWolf
March 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
Are umpires above the law? It's a understandable decision by the match referee and I can accept it. But who will fine those forth class umpires?

ahms
March 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
He doesn't care, neither do I. It is expected. Lets think about game at hand.

Ashfaq
March 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
Thief's mother's big mouth.
[বাংলা]চোরের মায়ের বড় গলা। [/বাংলা] Tucker and Hill has no shame, no remorse. They are one step away from being a comic book super Villain.

Neel Here
March 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
Thief's mother's big mouth.
[বাংলা]চোরের মায়ের বড় গলা। [/বাংলা] Tucker and Hill has no shame, no remorse. They are one step away from being a comic book super Villain.

why ? because they don't have a mask ?

skhondoker
March 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
good thing is Morgan saw what happened and he said that this match would be reviewed in Dubai....

WarWolf
March 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
[বাংলা]আমরা বাংগালীরা বেশী খারাপ। এতবড় ঘটনার পরে আমাদেরও নিজেদের দেশী আম্পায়ারগুলো অভিযোগ করে! মনি না ন্যাশনাল দলের খেলোয়াড় ছিলো! ছি মনি...ছি...

আমরা দুধ কলা দিয়ে এতদিন সাপ লালিত পালিত করলাম...রাস্তায় এদের দেখলে পচা ডিম মারা উচিত।
[/বাংলা]

Ajfar
March 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
ICC is like elementary school teacher. you say one thing against the authorities, and sathe sathei beter bari.

LateCut
March 23, 2010, 12:27 PM
BCB should compensate Jamie. He did a good service by raising hell. We will continue suffer in silence if these types of incompetence are not brought to fore. Thank you Jamie for sticking up for us.

LateCut
March 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
বিসিবির বিচি নাই। নাহলে লোটাস কামালই কিছু বলত। শাবাস জিমি!

Rabz
March 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
If you reading this, we are with ya taklu.

Eshen
March 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
This isn't surprising, because Cricket does condemn such behavior in general. But cricket is too much of a sissy sport and the authorities need to be prepared to take some flak once in a while.

Ditto

I also hope BCB will compensate him.

auntu
March 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
[বাংলা]সিডন্সকে লাল সালাম।
গরিবকে শুধু বঞ্চিতই করবে না পেটেও লাথি মারবে।

বেঈমান মনি এবং নাদির শাহএর বিচার চাই। [/বাংলা]

alibangali
March 23, 2010, 01:24 PM
Way to go Taklu Bhai.

I am proud of you for making a statement when mew mew BCB and aundho ICC failed to do anything.

I am becomming a fan of yours.

Someone need to make a statement for these injustice that is going on for a while, and you made it, even at the cost of your own money .

Money will come and go... but respect from fans doesn;t come so easily. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I was always a Dav Whatmore fan and as you said I am also becoming a fan of him for the passion he is showing for our team. I just wish that we could have won one game against ENG to show for all the hard work everyone is putting in.

Nocturnal
March 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
taklu is my hero!!

billah
March 23, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'll pay the fine a hundred times, than stay quiet.....

My salute to you JS.

Ajfar
March 23, 2010, 02:29 PM
here comes Reyme bhai with his "I hate Siddon" campaign

Bikhari
March 23, 2010, 02:31 PM
Taklu, next time punch on their face. We are with you! If icc fine you again,we will donate for you insallah!

bujhee kom
March 23, 2010, 04:02 PM
Very passionate coach Siddons, willing to get into fight, get fined for his pupil, Tigers, boys, students!! We are with you Jammie Siddons! Thank you coach, you will be remembered, salaam and a :big_hug:!

inspyr9
March 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
i guess nadir shah is not as bad as rajakar moni.

mij
March 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
i guess nadir shah is not as bad as rajakar moni.

Agree.

wiseshah
March 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
anyway, fair in one sense. when ppl will hear siddons was fined, they will want to know what was the reason. then they will come to know what tucker and hill has done

agree. what siddons has done, it couldnt be avoided by any hard working coach. what umpire has done thats not acceptable. we are behind u siddons.

Naimul_Hd
March 23, 2010, 07:06 PM
takku mama eaned my respect ! i wasnt too happy lately with him but this incident made me to start liking him :p

lavu takku mama ! i want u to show more passion ! :D

Bond
March 23, 2010, 07:14 PM
ICC is a joke, the real culprits are running away without a fine.

BD-Shardul
March 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
ICC is a joke, the real culprits are running away without a fine.

Yea, no reprimand or punishment for the umpires who made mistake, instead we are told to spend money.

Bond
March 23, 2010, 10:29 PM
Yea, no reprimand or punishment for the umpires who made mistake, instead we are told to spend money.

ho bhai ata ki moger moluk peyeche, shorbanash.

Banglatiger84
March 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
Many cricket rules reek of dictatorial attitude, and they have to be that way.

Otherwise, people will always protest bias and unjust decisions.

The theme is "we will show bias to whoever we want, just shut up"

BD Tigers
March 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
i will be surprised if these umpires get BD matches in the future.

Either way, we shud get a donation from the bc members, do a press conference in Dhaka,and donate the money to Coach to show our gratitude.

nobody
March 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
Who would fine the match referry (for not doing his job - Broad? Swann?) and umpires? The ICC is a joke and all the boards except may be Ausssi one run by Jokers

WarWolf
March 24, 2010, 12:48 AM
Who would fine the match referry (for not doing his job - Broad? Swann?) and umpires? The ICC is a joke and all the boards except may be Ausssi one run by Jokers

I am not racist. But now I think I better be.

mar umpire
March 24, 2010, 01:47 AM
Is there any way we can contact Siddons to express our support-this guy spoke up for an oppressed bunch of guys and he had more guts than the flower buying BCB

mar umpire
March 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
Is there any way we can contact Siddons to express our support-this guy spoke up for an oppressed bunch of guys and he had more guts than the flower buying BCB

In addition to what I said before, Bangladesh has 3 bowling machines-what is the BCB doing if it has enough money to paint a stadium for a guy who wants to get rid of bangladesh in cricket?

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:00 AM
i have a feeling a lot of people forgot about this incident, specially anti-siddons group.

dark mage
July 21, 2010, 01:16 AM
Look matches arent won by emotions and the fact of the matter is Siddons isnt good enough to be the head coach and its also true, he has failed to instill a positive mentality for the squad to play as a team and win as a team. Also, his tactics and strategies are questionable too.

And before you start to brand me as an anti-Siddons, I m actually a neutral and have supported Siddons lots of times but I m not blind to the truth and the truth is, he is far too pessmistic.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:20 AM
under this coach in 2009, didn't we do good? under the same coach in 2010, we are losing games. which shows that you can have different results in 2 different years under the same coach. i think removing siddons before the world cup will be a bad move.

instead of removing the coach, why can't we remove a few players and replace them with some better players?

if we look at our team, the problem mostly lies with the late middle order and pacers. late middle order fails to accelerate while pacers leak runs. other than that, the team is doing decent and is capable of winning any game.

i am not the biggest siddons fan, nor i think he is the best coach in the world. but blaming siddons time after time is ridiculous i think.

Eshen
July 21, 2010, 01:20 AM
i have a feeling a lot of people forgot about this incident, specially anti-siddons group.
And your point is?

Or are you just not being to find a proper justification why Siddons should stay as the head coach?

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:25 AM
And your point is?

Or are you just not being to find a proper justification why Siddons should stay as the head coach?

i stated my point in my previous post. check the post before your post.

team is out of form, players need to regroup. the same team was in good spirit (under this same coach) just a few months ago and was giving other teams tough times.

Eshen
July 21, 2010, 01:33 AM
under this coach in 2009, didn't we do good? under the same coach in 2010, we are losing games. which shows that you can have different results in 2 different years under the same coach.
In 2009, we did well against minnows. What changed is minnows have improved, we have not.

instead of removing the coach, why can't we remove a few players and replace them with some better players?Playing musical chair with players does not solve the problem. It's an already tried and failed experiment. We got our best players in the team, what they need is an attitude change, ie to move away from the negative mindset Siddons instilled in the team.

if we look at our team, the problem mostly lies with the late middle order and pacers. late middle order fails to accelerate while pacers leak runs. other than that, the team is doing decent and is capable of winning any game.
Top, middle, late, the problem is same everywhere - the players never click when the team needs them to, but play for individual glories. Again, that's the mindset instilled by Siddons. If you want that mindset to go away, you need Siddons to go away.
i am not the biggest siddons fan, nor i think he is the best coach in the world. but blaming siddons time after time is ridiculous i think.See, you don't even know who you are. You are currently the biggest Siddons fan on the board, and a blind one who just can't see logics from the other side.

cricket_king
July 21, 2010, 01:40 AM
i stated my point in my previous post. check the post before your post.

team is out of form, players need to regroup. the same team was in good spirit (under this same coach) just a few months ago and was giving other teams tough times.
Dude, I admire the fact that you stand by your "man" so to speak, but seriously, Bangladesh have returned to that 2000-2004 era where we won a match after losing 40. For God's sake, have you not noticed how we've been CONSTANTLY LOSING barring a Zimbabwe series? And now we're losing to associates. "Progress" through respectable defeats just isn't enough anymore. We need to win, and this guy is not the man to instill a winning mentality.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:40 AM
In 2009, we did well against minnows. What changed is minnows have improved, we have not.

The problem is the players never click when the team needs them to, but play for individual glories. Again, that's the mindset instilled by Siddons. If you want that mindset to go away, you need Siddons to go away.

how do you know the mindset will go away if siddons leaves? how do you know siddons is the reason behind this mindset? bangladesh used to lose on a regular basis even before siddons came, it is nothing new.

back in 2009 the team was in a winning mood. in 2010, before facing associates bangladesh team was suffering from a big losing streak. the losing streak was one of the reasons behind the poor performances probably.

by the way, i am neither supporting nor bashing jamie siddons. all i am saying is, the team is mentally and physically unfit after losing so many games in 2010 and therefore they lost 2 games against the associates. the team should be back on track now that there is a break (hopefully).

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:53 AM
Top, middle, late, the problem is same everywhere - the players never click when the team needs them to, but play for individual glories.

really? there is a problem in top order? i believe majority of runs are scored by tamim, imrul, and junaid. middle order is not doing a bad job either. our problem is we can not hit the ball cleanly during the death overs. we need finishers at those overs.

our spinners are fine i think, pacers are not.

Eshen
July 21, 2010, 01:56 AM
Another big factor that changed from 2009 to 2010 - in the period Siddons publicly showered some players with praise (mostly batsmen) while severely criticized others (mostly pacers). This kind of behavior is bound to create disunity in the team. He also did a fantastic job of undermining Mashrafe as the captain.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 01:58 AM
Dude, I admire the fact that you stand by your "man" so to speak, but seriously, Bangladesh have returned to that 2000-2004 era where we won a match after losing 40. For God's sake, have you not noticed how we've been CONSTANTLY LOSING barring a Zimbabwe series? And now we're losing to associates. "Progress" through respectable defeats just isn't enough anymore. We need to win, and this guy is not the man to instill a winning mentality.

no we are not entering 2000-2004 era. between 2000-2004, we won only 1 game which is hilarious (source: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/team/25.html?class=11;template=results;type=team;view=i nnings).

now at least we win 1 game in every 6 months. please do not compare the current team with the previous team.

the team was in a decent shape not very long ago. during the tri series we scored 297 against india, the team was in a fine shape against new zealand (we almost won the test match), the team was in a decent shape again against england in dhaka (we should have won the 2nd ODI), the team did not have a bad twenty20 world cup either. bangladesh had a good series against england too in england.

in 2010, they just did bad in asia cup and probably against associates. that can happen if you play too much cricket within 6-7 months.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
Another big factor that changed from 2009 to 2010 - in the period Siddons publicly showered some players with praise (mostly batsmen) while severely criticized others (mostly pacers). This kind of behavior is bound to create disunity in the team. He also did a fantastic job of undermining Mashrafe as the captain.

batsmen were scoring runs and pacers were leaking runs? maybe that is why siddons did what he did.

if a person does good, what is wrong with praising that person?

if a person is not doing a good job, are you going to say the person is doing a good job? rubel cost us the game against sri lanka (where they were 6-5 at one stage).

before the england series, i did not think mashrafe would be a good captain (considering his poor performance in the asia cup).

cricket_king
July 21, 2010, 02:10 AM
no we are not entering 2000-2004 era. between 2000-2004, we won only 1 game which is hilarious (source: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/team/25.html?class=11;template=results;type=team;view=i nnings).

now at least we win 1 game in every 6 months. please do not compare the current team with the previous team.
LOL. How is one win in 6 months an improvement? That comment in itself illustrates your attitude towards winning. Pretty shameful.
the team was in a decent shape not very long ago. during the tri series we scored 297 against india, the team was in a fine shape against new zealand (we almost won the test match), the team was in a decent shape again against england in dhaka (we should have won the 2nd ODI), the team did not have a bad twenty20 world cup either. bangladesh had a good series against england too in england.
297 against India was chased down in 47 overs. A decent total doesn't mean you'll win the game. You need to bowl well too. Basics of cricket buddy.

in 2010, they just did bad in asia cup and probably against associates. that can happen if you play too much cricket within 6-7 months.
Bangladesh is not a one of the big teams - the more cricket they get, the more improvements we should be seeing. They haven't won a single game besides the England match this year, and that tells you something - that in 6-7 months, they've achieved ONE win, and towards the end too, when according to you, fatigue would set in.

Your whole theory is flawed - somewhat reflects Siddons' views. It's easy to see why you're pro-Siddons. To be considered a good team, you need to win matches regularly, and in case you haven't noticed, we're far from winning even occasionally.

wasi90lkv1
July 21, 2010, 02:18 AM
LOL. How is one win in 6 months an improvement? That comment in itself illustrates your attitude towards winning. Pretty shameful.

297 against India was chased down in 47 overs. A decent total doesn't mean you'll win the game. You need to bowl well too. Basics of cricket buddy.

Bangladesh is not a one of the big teams - the more cricket they get, the more improvements we should be seeing. They haven't won a single game besides the England match this year, and that tells you something - that in 6-7 months, they've achieved ONE win, and towards the end too, when according to you, fatigue would set in.

Your whole theory is flawed - somewhat reflects Siddons' views. It's easy to see why you're pro-Siddons. To be considered a good team, you need to win matches regularly, and in case you haven't noticed, we're far from winning even occasionally.

a target of around 297 was chased down, what were bowlers doing? what do you expect siddons to do here if bowlers can not defend a score close to 300 in dhaka pitch?

it is true we have won only one game against a top team in 2010. however, the number of wins could have been highers had it not for the umpires (tony hills and rod tucker mostly) and mushfiqur rahim's keeping. in my opinion, we could have won some games during the new zealand tour but mushfiqur was horrible with the gloves. we should have won the 2nd ODI against england in dhaka too. the team was spirited not very long ago.

BanCricFan
July 21, 2010, 02:31 AM
KDPP...

Something about nu-pagol and ole pagol...import/export.

Chaliye jao, bondhu!

cricket_king
July 21, 2010, 02:31 AM
a target of around 297 was chased down, what were bowlers doing? what do you expect siddons to do here if bowlers can not defend a score close to 300 in dhaka pitch?

it is true we have won only one game against a top team in 2010. however, the number of wins could have been highers had it not for the umpires (tony hills and rod tucker mostly) and mushfiqur rahim's keeping. in my opinion, we could have won some games during the new zealand tour but mushfiqur was horrible with the gloves. we should have won the 2nd ODI against england in dhaka too. the team was spirited not very long ago.

My god. 297 on a flat pitch can be overhauled quite easily these days. You need to watch more cricket. See you can't seem to get the one point into your head - Siddons has not been able to inspire any wins whatsoever. You're just picking out single matches in which you feel we should've won. Siddons has managed to ensure we fall 20-40 runs short of a winning score in every match. 297 was barely a par score on that pitch, and even then, he failed to inspire the bowlers at all.

Look, you can go on and on about all these insignificant matches we "could" have won. Just because Mushfique dropped a few catches, and a few umpiring decisions didn't go our way doesn't hide the fact that under Siddons, we've hit rock bottom when things could seemingly only go up. Arguing with you is going to be a complete waste of anyone's time because you lack any form of logical thinking, and somehow have turned out to be more blind than even the most die-hard Ashraful fan.

Antora
July 21, 2010, 03:27 AM
hahahahahaha!
I didn't realise this was an old thread. Only realised that after reading the article :P
when I saw the heading, I thought Siddons was fined by ICC because of BD's bad performance and was wondering if that's even possible :P

BANFAN
July 21, 2010, 03:56 AM

Why the hell you had to remember it now? Eishob stunt bazi looks cheap, after losing to Holland, who were beaten by Afg a few days back.

nahaz
July 21, 2010, 07:02 AM
hahahahahaha!
I didn't realise this was an old thread. Only realised that after reading the article :P
when I saw the heading, I thought Siddons was fined by ICC because of BD's bad performance and was wondering if that's even possible :P

Lol....I totally thought the same thing and got hopeful enough to read through the thread. wasi is real funny. Excellent comedian...pretending to support siddons.