PDA

View Full Version : MLB '10-'11 Thread

nycpro96
April 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
Baseball season's starting tonight with the Yanks and Sox kickin it off. This thread is for all BC members who watch and follow the MLB.

2010-2011 season=Season of the Mets. :D

Rommel
April 5, 2010, 05:16 PM
No way, this is the season of the Braves. Do you wanna know why? Cause Jayson Heyward hit a bomb in his 1st career MLB swing. This guy is going to be a STAR. The ultimate 5 tool player with maturity way beyond his young age of 20. This kid can do it ALL. Speed, Power, Smarts, Defense, EVERYTHING. Go Bravos!!!

Check that article: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270335/20753064?tag=mccBlogView;comBlogEntryListMiniCnt

Sohel
April 6, 2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks for opening this. Giants & A's ATW.

Beamer
April 6, 2010, 11:09 AM
Pirates are leading the division after 1 game...lol..Now, please wake me up in Oct. when the season is over.

nycpro96
April 6, 2010, 05:13 PM
Well, David Wright hit an opposite field bomb at his first at-bat of the season showing so good signs. Johan looked pretty good yesterday too. Time for Johan to get another Cy Young award.

Rommel
April 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
Well, David Wright hit an opposite field bomb at his first at-bat of the season showing so good signs. Johan looked pretty good yesterday too. Time for Johan to get another Cy Young award.

You guys didn't address pitching enough. 4th place.

Sohel
April 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
Good start for the Giants. The only undefeated team so far.

Rommel
April 9, 2010, 11:08 AM
Good start for the Giants. The only undefeated team so far.

That's gonna end after today.

Sohel
April 9, 2010, 11:24 AM
This could be the season top prospect Jonathan Sanchez emerges as a reliable starter for us. His start against the Braves is eagerly anticipated. Threw a no-hitter against the Padres last year. He has a fabulous change up capable of fooling the best in the league.

GO Giants!

nycpro96
April 9, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mets pitching has been disappointing, except for Santana (obviously) the pitching seems to be just like last year. Hopefully somebody can step up. Jose is probably coming back within the next few days and thats great news for us.

Rommel
April 9, 2010, 01:53 PM
This could be the season top prospect Jonathan Sanchez emerges as a reliable starter for us. His start against the Braves is eagerly anticipated. Threw a no-hitter against the Padres last year. He has a fabulous change up capable of fooling the best in the league.

GO Giants!

Sanchez is good, no doubt about it.

Sohel
April 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
Not a good start for Sanchez. Giants-Braves tied 4-4 in the bottom of the 13th! Renteria's 2 run homer tied the game in the 9th.

Uribe scores and the Giants win 5-4 ... STILL undefeated ... :)

Rommel
April 9, 2010, 09:49 PM
damn the Giants

Sohel
April 11, 2010, 03:10 AM
The Giants are undefeated no more as the Braves win 7-2, thanks in no small part to a couple of ridiculous fielding errors from Sandoval and Huff. Wellemeyer lost it dramatically in the 6th, and horrible pitching from Joaquin did the rest. It's still early in the season and I hope they just had bad days. The Giants can ill afford such pitching displays.

Still, it's our best early start since 2003, the last year we made the playoffs.

cricman
April 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Anybody play Fantasy? too late now but would be nice to get a grasp maybe for next year or something

Akib
April 17, 2010, 12:38 AM
Anybody play Fantasy? too late now but would be nice to get a grasp maybe for next year or something

I did in the past (now I don't have as much time). Its ok. I did pretty well one year.

zman
April 17, 2010, 01:11 AM
Here's the biggest reason why the Yanks will RE-peat...
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=5054508

FagunerAgun
April 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
Blue Jays are having a bad patch at the beginning of the season. They badly need winning pitchers.

nycpro96
April 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
Watched the entire 20 innings last night. Fun game:D

nycpro96
April 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
7 game win streak for my boys. How bout 'em Mets. Gettin it down with the offense, defense and pitching. Sweeped Braves and Dodgers. Both were pretty easy. None of the games came down to the wire. Phillies series is going to be epic.

whamuel
June 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking about getting Season Tickets (http://www.sportevents.com) for the Phillies! Hopefully they start selling better food this time around - especially better soft pretzels, since that's Philadelphia's legacy.

cricman
October 8, 2010, 05:29 AM
Doc: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Timmy: :notworthy::notworthy:

Yankees up 2-0 on Twins
Rangers up 2-0 on Rays
Phillies up 1-0 on Reds
Giants up 1-0 on Braves

Yankees have a Mind Lock on the Twins, they intentionally tanked the end of the season just to face the Twins.

I think Tampa can comeback since I'd rather face Tampa than face Cliff Lee in Games 1, 4 & 7. It'll be interesting to see how we'll do w/o Home Field.

Would love to see Doc vs Timmy in Game 1 of the LCS than Sanchez vs Oswalt game 2, but 1st things 1st Hanson vs Sanchez should be a real good game 2 in the LDS.

Arroyo is always a big game pitcher, wouldn't shock me if he out pitches Oswalt and steals game 2.

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 01:07 AM
Giants goes to Phillies. After such a bossy game 1 from Timmy, Giants kinda slipped away abit on game 2. Braves came back hard on game 2 on the 8th inn. Game 3 was all about Braves error, and game 4 to finish things for Braves. Cya

Sohel
October 12, 2010, 02:45 PM
Giants-A's-Tigers-Red Sox

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 10:51 PM
Rangers go through. It's a repeat of game 4

Dilscoop
October 16, 2010, 12:31 AM
holy shizz Yankees, what a come back!!!

from 5-0 to 6-5 at the 8th

Dilscoop
October 23, 2010, 11:13 PM
Fuzz ya!!!! Giants nlcs champs

Dilscoop
November 2, 2010, 12:46 AM
LETS GO GIANTS! LETS GO GIANTS! LETS GO GIANTS!

The Torture is OVER, but it was WORTH the main!

cricman
November 2, 2010, 07:08 PM
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.168857237.jpg

Congrats to Lincy and San Fran. In a few hours he'll probably be able to legally smoke in San Fran

Dilscoop
November 3, 2010, 05:05 PM
FEAR THE BEARD!!

Giants are like my Bangladesh. Underdogs, no super stars, but in the end we get the happy ending. Like our manager said, "it's a team of misfits and cast offs" And that's the best way to describe this team. Uribe, Cody Ross, Huff, Pat B, Renteria we took them when no one else would and they became WS champs. I hope we keep the all for next season, unless of course guys like Renteria retires.