PDA

View Full Version : South Africa in the Caribbean

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2010, 02:22 PM
Roach poach. Him and Pollard are murdering the Afrikaans in the T20 game. 130/7 at the end of the penultimate over.

deshifan
May 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
As usual, Chris Gayle off to a flier

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
It's a difficult track to bat on. 136 might just be enough.

deshifan
May 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
Pollard is trying to live up to his reputation pelting Langveldt for 12 runs in the 15th over

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
Pollard gone. K.O.

deshifan
May 19, 2010, 03:47 PM
McLaren has almost done it for the tourists

deshifan
May 19, 2010, 04:09 PM
20 off 7

They need a Hussey to cause a miracle

deshifan
May 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
Second best bowling figure in an innings by Ryan McLaren.
1-0 to South Africa.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
WI hoilo most bhuwa team.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 03:50 PM
with 7 wickets in hand WI needs 40 off 27. Wait and see how they screw this one up. Bravo and pollard in the middle.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 03:52 PM
Pollard survives for now. Tsotsobe drops the catch. 35 off 25 needed.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 03:54 PM
Bravo bites the dust. Gone for 40. 34 needed 23 balls.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 03:58 PM
Sarwan connects 28 off 18 required.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:04 PM
24 off 12 balls. Through the kitchen sink now. 6 wickets in hand.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:04 PM
Well Sarwan walks back. Botha gets another one. 24 off 11.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:06 PM
Botha cleaning up WI. Down goes pollard. WI 99/6 needs 22 runs in 9 balls.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:07 PM
4 byes!! 18 off 8 balls.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:09 PM
15 to win. 14 to tie. Last over.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:10 PM
13 off 5. Sammy facing McLaren

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:11 PM
9 off 4. Sammy hit a boundary!! Come on!!

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:12 PM
YEEEESSSSS!!! Another 4 runs (running between the wickets from over throw) by Sammy!!! 4 required to tie 3 balls left. 10 already of the over with 3 legal deliveries left.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:14 PM
Single so 4 needed to win with 2 balls remaining.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:17 PM
Geez!!! trying to complete two runs Deo gets runout. So 1 run added to the score. New batsman facing last ball. 2 runs to tie.

Tigers_eye
May 20, 2010, 04:18 PM
What did I say WI lose by one run. So dissapointing. Taylor only manages one run.

Baundule
May 21, 2010, 01:46 AM
WI is the biggest choker of all time. They are more pathetic than even us. SA tried their best to choke; but failed to the superior team.

al-Sagar
May 21, 2010, 11:44 AM
WI is the biggest choker of all time. They are more pathetic than even us. SA tried their best to choke; but failed to the superior team.

the BD u-19 of last WC was even a bigger choker

al-Sagar
May 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
SA vs WI, 1st ODI

South Africa 53/1 (6.5/48 overs)

West Indies won the toss and elected to field. 2 overs curtailed due to rain

Nocturnal
May 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
South Africa 213/3 (37.0/48 ov)

al-Sagar
May 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
West Indies v South Africa, 1st ODI, Antigua

South Africa continue success with 66-run win (http://www.cricinfo.com/west-indies-v-south-africa-2010/content/current/story/460556.html)

50 overs: South Africa 280 for 7 (Amla 102, de Villiers 102, Bravo 3-40) v West Indies 215 (Gayle 45, McLaren 2-37)

Baundule
May 24, 2010, 04:39 PM
Was it Holding that said that Pollard is not a cricketer? He is right.
Watching the ball and horrible running to undo all the good work by Sami. :(
But it is WI, the greatest of all chokers.

Murad
May 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
What a player this Hashim Amla is. Another century in the series. 2 centuries and 1 fifty in 4 innings.

:bravo:

auntu
May 30, 2010, 03:42 PM
Congrats Hashim bhai.

Baundule
May 30, 2010, 04:28 PM
4th ODI: another contest to lose the match and SA failed. :D

7 runs needed off the last 2 overs and the match continues till the last ball and Sami misses the easiest of runout chance to make it a tie. So, bigger of the chokers win to lose.

al-Sagar
May 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
WI are on the verge of a home whitewash .... ....

Equinox
June 3, 2010, 05:11 PM
We need to schedule more bilateral series' against West Indies, Pakistan (only home) and New Zealand. I feel we can beat the Windies in a Test match at the moment.

simon
June 10, 2010, 06:55 PM
bachlam Amla 2 run korse.
This guy can anytime remove TI from n°1 spot.

al-Sagar
June 11, 2010, 11:23 PM
We need to schedule more bilateral series' against West Indies, Pakistan (only home) and New Zealand. I feel we can beat the Windies in a Test match at the moment.

i feel we can beat NZ at home....... WI (home and away)

al-Sagar
June 11, 2010, 11:35 PM
in WI 9 wickets taken by Spinners..... one by bravo a medium fast bowler..................

WI pitches are the best place for BD to be successful now a days

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 08:52 AM
West Indies 1/0 (5.0 ov)

lol

al-Sagar
June 12, 2010, 10:01 AM
West Indies 1/0 (5.0 ov)

lol

reminds me of an ODI game between WI and US....

tapash and probably talha bowled very good in 1st 5-6 overs to hinds and gayle

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 12:17 PM
WI: 71-3 to 72-7

They are even worse than us. Still need 81 runs to avoid follow on:floor: WI batsman have no clue against Styen and Morkel.

Murad
June 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
75/8

Steyn takes 4

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
Another one.:floor:

75-8

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 12:28 PM
wk no 9

WI: 71-3---------------------->>>> 75-9

:floor:

5er for Styen

Murad
June 12, 2010, 12:29 PM
75/8

Styen takes 5

dolcevita
June 12, 2010, 12:30 PM
Godness why bcb doesn't arrange few test against WI ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
June 12, 2010, 12:31 PM
wk no 9

WI: 71-3---------------------->>>> 75-9

:floor:

5er for Styen

bd 126-0...216-10

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 01:04 PM
South Africa 352

West Indies 102/10 (47.1 ov)

West Indies trail by 250 runs with 0 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Poor WI.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2010, 02:58 PM
WI lost their last 7 wickets for a paltry 31 runs.

just beating our recent 22-7 against India...

al Furqaan
June 12, 2010, 03:00 PM
bd 126-0...216-10

sorry by 71-3, to 75-9 has to beat even 290-3 to 312 all out.

only thing worse is us when lawson took 6 for 3

Roni_uk
June 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
Bangladesh really needs more Test & ODI matches against the windies. Windies are seriously worse than us.

deshifan
June 12, 2010, 06:24 PM
Someone plz call bcb officials

simon
June 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
ajkeo AMLA sherokom run kore nai;yayy

dolcevita
June 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
Bangladesh really needs more Test & ODI matches against the windies. Windies are seriously worse than us.

Bangladesh should play : pakistan west indies new zealand and zimbabwe
we got a realistic chanve to win

simon
June 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
WI getting close to a heavy defeat.
It's sad to see them falling apart,there senior players are legends.

magic boy
June 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
West Indies is not too far away from Curent Bangladesh

Chris Gayle show = Tamim Iqbal show

Chandarpaul = Shakib (if in form)

etc etc

Tiger444
June 13, 2010, 08:31 PM
West Indies is not too far away from Curent Bangladesh

Chris Gayle show = Tamim Iqbal show

Chandarpaul = Shakib (if in form)

etc etc

WI isn't playing all that well but let's not jump up and say we aren't far away from them..SA is a solid team and beat us pretty bad at our home..our 1st test was close but 2nd test we just got murdered and we scored above 200 only once..and the ODI's well the less said the better..we have improved since then but still we havent won even 1 game this year while WI has won some games..so their still ahead of us by a good margin..

al Furqaan
June 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
WI isn't playing all that well but let's not jump up and say we aren't far away from them..SA is a solid team and beat us pretty bad at our home..our 1st test was close but 2nd test we just got murdered and we scored above 200 only once..and the ODI's well the less said the better..we have improved since then but still we havent won even 1 game this year while WI has won some games..so their still ahead of us by a good margin..

lets not forget that we played far better IN south africa, despite the 2 innings defeats.

first test, saffers were 130-5 chasing our total of 250, before boucher and some other guy put on 200 run partnership.

2nd test, had it not been for 3 top order run outs, we could have easily avoided an innings defeats.

both matches were on green, bouncy tracks.

WI are getting owned at home, where we at least pushed SA in the first test.

in fact, on paper this windies team is probably no better than us. in conditions which favor us, we'd even come out on top perhaps. in their conditions (and i mean there in terms of wickets and not necessarily geographically) they would have the clear edge. only unquesitoned edge is that they would believe they can beat us, whereas our boys would play to not lose, rather than win, and in the process lose comprehensively.

but on paper, they ain't much better than us, if any better at all.

Tiger444
June 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
lets not forget that we played far better IN south africa, despite the 2 innings defeats.

first test, saffers were 130-5 chasing our total of 250, before boucher and some other guy put on 200 run partnership.

2nd test, had it not been for 3 top order run outs, we could have easily avoided an innings defeats.

both matches were on green, bouncy tracks.

WI are getting owned at home, where we at least pushed SA in the first test.

in fact, on paper this windies team is probably no better than us. in conditions which favor us, we'd even come out on top perhaps. in their conditions (and i mean there in terms of wickets and not necessarily geographically) they would have the clear edge. only unquesitoned edge is that they would believe they can beat us, whereas our boys would play to not lose, rather than win, and in the process lose comprehensively.

but on paper, they ain't much better than us, if any better at all.

It depends..in T20 no way we are better then the windies..but in ODIs they actually havent won a game yet this year like us..actually didn't realize that..and in tests they got beaten by the aussies but they proved to threaten the aussies big time..I'll say their pace bowling is way ahead of us..guys like taylor, edwards, bravo and roach are much more dangerous then the likes of rubel, shahadat, mash and shafiul..we have better spinners but I would give them the edge in batting..gayle is similar 2 tamim but they have chanderpaul and our next best batsman is shakib who is not close 2 chanderpaul..what happened 2 sarwan? He's a solid batsman and definitely better then all our batsmen as well..I agree though they aren't that much bigger in gap 2 us but I can't say if we can beat them in a series..

al-Sagar
June 14, 2010, 12:06 AM
I'll say their pace bowling is way ahead of us..guys like taylor, edwards, bravo and roach are much more dangerous then the likes of rubel, shahadat, mash and shafiul

WI is having problems to produce this fast bowlers and when they produce someone like fidel edwards, taylor, tino best or kemar roach they find trouble to keep him fit... so they go back to the medium pacers of rampaul, bravo, sammy etc.....

when will west indies produce the next .... AMBROSE, walsh or holding, garner, marshalls ... ...

Tiger444
June 14, 2010, 08:04 AM
WI is having problems to produce this fast bowlers and when they produce someone like fidel edwards, taylor, tino best or kemar roach they find trouble to keep him fit... so they go back to the medium pacers of rampaul, bravo, sammy etc.....

when will west indies produce the next .... AMBROSE, walsh or holding, garner, marshalls ... ...

I really get upset whenever the windies do so bad..when they play good cricket they are the brazil of cricket..they still are 1 of my fav teams..the problem has been is that they just don't have a good system in place like us..now they are having A team tours which will only improve their cricket..I think having players like dowlin and richards are total wastes..they should play guys like simmons and barath..they have 2 build some kind of talent base 4 the team which they are lacking..well when we are comparing ourselves 2 the windies we actually seem 2 be in better shape..we actually have some players that can turn out 2 be world class players but windies are lacking that..

Nadim
June 18, 2010, 01:56 PM
it seems we r not alone. WI is pretty useless team like us.

so far in the 2nd test their fielding has been awful. they missed 3 easy runout chances and couple of catches (gayle and chanderpul is the culprit); both were pretty simple chance.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

revolver
June 18, 2010, 04:03 PM
amla is failing these days man

Tiger444
June 21, 2010, 12:10 AM
Is it safe to say now that West indies is better then us overall? Look at their performance today..I doubt we can ever be in a position like 426/4..we seem 2 forget that they still have world class players in Gayle and Chanderpaul..Nash and Deonarine are looking to be solid batsmen overall as well..once Sarwan comes back this team can be a tough unit 2 beat in test cricket..when you look at us then you can say that tamim can be compared 2 gayle but I rate gayle a better batsman..let tamim score double or triple hundreds in test cricket before you compare the 2..and the rest cannot be compared 2 the likes of chanders, and sarwan..people seem 2 forget that chanders has rock solid temperament and great looking shots..the closest player in comparison is mushy but in no way we can compare those 2..looks like we're gonna have 2 wait a while before we can be compared 2 the WI even..

al-Sagar
June 21, 2010, 12:44 AM
Is it safe to say now that West indies is better then us overall? Look at their performance today..I doubt we can ever be in a position like 426/4..we seem 2 forget that they still have world class players in Gayle and Chanderpaul..Nash and Deonarine are looking to be solid batsmen overall as well..once Sarwan comes back this team can be a tough unit 2 beat in test cricket..when you look at us then you can say that tamim can be compared 2 gayle but I rate gayle a better batsman..let tamim score double or triple hundreds in test cricket before you compare the 2..and the rest cannot be compared 2 the likes of chanders, and sarwan..people seem 2 forget that chanders has rock solid temperament and great looking shots..the closest player in comparison is mushy but in no way we can compare those 2..looks like we're gonna have 2 wait a while before we can be compared 2 the WI even..

spot on... thay still have lots of better players with far better technique, basics and apllication.

they are finding it it a bit difficult these days with off field issues and lack of form and confidence. if they can recover it they are far far better then us.

Sovik
June 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
I am a hardcore windies fan from Bangladesh and it hurts to see both teams loosing matches after matches

Murad
June 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Seems like WI losing by an Innings within 3 days.

Gayle is crap. I wonder why he is playing Tests.

Tiger444
June 28, 2010, 02:50 PM
Seems like WI losing by an Innings within 3 days.

Gayle is crap. I wonder why he is playing Tests.

I'm sorry Murad bhai but Gayle is crap? He averages a 40 in Tests..12 Test centuries and 33 half centuries is remarkable and also scoring a triple century against the SA attack..anyone that can score a triple century has to be listed as 1 of the best..he hasn't been in the greatest form but the guy can flat out bat..its a shame he couldn't apply himself better though..he could have been 1 of the greats had he applied himself..he's still a great player though..and 1 of my favorites in the game..

Murad
June 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Tiger bhai, I know he is averaging in 40s. But the thing is he plays Tests like T20s and gets out playing stupid shots and put the team under pressure most of the time. A great player wouldnt do that especially when he is an opener.

Tiger444
June 29, 2010, 07:41 AM
Tiger bhai, I know he is averaging in 40s. But the thing is he plays Tests like T20s and gets out playing stupid shots and put the team under pressure most of the time. A great player wouldnt do that especially when he is an opener.

Shewag gets out a lot like that as well..would you say he's crap then? Shakib also gets out in the same fashion..once tamim's form goes down he might look like that 2..all these players I've listed have that kind of style and they look good when their in form but bad when their out of form..doesn't make them good or bad players though..

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 10:03 AM
south africa chasing 47

already 18/1

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 10:11 AM
West Indies 231 & 161

South Africa 346 & 29/2 (4.2 ov)

South Africa require another 18 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Day 4 - Session 1

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 10:14 AM
good thing is hashim amala not getting too many big scores .... good for tamim iqbal

al-Sagar
June 29, 2010, 10:36 AM
West Indies 231 & 161

South Africa 346 & 49/3 (8.4 ov)

South Africa won by 7 wickets

simon
June 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
good thing is hashim amala not getting too many big scores .... good for tamim iqbal

exactly,thats wht i've been following now a days since TI reached to n°1.:D
Amla is out of mojo(very unusual) hope it doesn't happen to our TI./:)

Dilscoop
June 30, 2010, 03:13 PM
Any one hate Dale Styen? I know pace bowlers suppose to show aggression, but he is little over the top all the time. I mean Mitchell Johnson is a fast bowler. Probably even better bowler then DS. He is a very nice guy, and he does show aggression! But he is not over the top. Current fasted bowler Tait too. Brett Lee used to be very charged up, and always doing stuff, but he never did anything stupid. And as years went by he became very mature. McGrath on the other hand couldn't handle the heat.

I don't like DS as a person.

al-Sagar
July 1, 2010, 06:24 AM
Any one hate Dale Styen? I know pace bowlers suppose to show aggression, but he is little over the top all the time. I mean Mitchell Johnson is a fast bowler. Probably even better bowler then DS. He is a very nice guy, and he does show aggression! But he is not over the top. Current fasted bowler Tait too. Brett Lee used to be very charged up, and always doing stuff, but he never did anything stupid. And as years went by he became very mature. McGrath on the other hand couldn't handle the heat.

i too hate DS

Murad
July 1, 2010, 02:57 PM

Really?
This is one example for you.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6aZkqVWVhhI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6aZkqVWVhhI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There was another fight with Sulieman Benn. Couldn't find the video as it was deleted from Youtube.

He is not a nice guy. You probably don't watch him play that much.

Dilscoop
July 1, 2010, 04:27 PM
He IS a nice guy. Like I said, fast bowlers are aggressive. If you say something to them they will come back at you. SS started it. This video doesn't have the clip, but I watched this game. And during the over after this, they showed what SS did. while he was running he ran right into Mitch, and said something while running back. Thats why Mitch went back after him. And went face to face. SS did the same thing during previous over. That's why you can see Mitch saying "I am ****ing warning you". What you want him to do? Be like our mora mora player and just walk away? Be a mama's boy. This is nothing compare to what DS does, like every game

simon
July 2, 2010, 06:33 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew-fA8MCdZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew-fA8MCdZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BANFAN
July 5, 2010, 05:01 AM

Why that's good for Tamim Iqbal?

al-Sagar
July 5, 2010, 06:03 AM
Why that's good for Tamim Iqbal?

they are currently contenders for the highest runs in test cricket this tears and tamim had a slender lead