PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs England, 2nd Test, 4-8th June 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

AK420
May 31, 2010, 10:25 AM
Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs England, 2nd Test, 4-8th June 2010,Old Trafford, Manchester

Bangladesh Squad:

Shakib Al Hasan(c)
Mushfiqur Rahim(wk,vc)
Tamim Iqbal Khan
Shamsur Rahman Shuvo
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Mohammad Ashraful
Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad
Jahurul Islam
Naeem Islam
Shafiul Islam
Robiul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Mahbubul Alam Robin
Abdur Razzaq

English Squad:

Andrew Strauss(c)
Kevin Pietersen
Alaistair Cook
Jonathon Trott
Ian Bell
Matt Prior(wk)
Eoin Morgan
Ryan Sidebottom
Graeme Swann
James Andersen
Steven Finn
Ajmal Shahjad

Go Bangladesh Go :flag:

P.S- This is my first match thread, hope I bring luck to the Bangladesh team:D

NOTE: The following is just a joke made up by the Weed Smoker of BC

The Battle of Palashi: Nawab of Bengal Sirajuddoula VS Robert Clive @ Palashi, 1757

At the battle of Palashi(2ND TEST MATCH), Sirajuddoula(Shakib Al Hasan) the nawab of Bengal met the British Forces led by Robert Clive(Andrew Strauss) at the battle grounds of Palashi(Old Trafford).

At the beginning of the battle(Match), the Nawab's troops(Shakib Bahini) were fighting well. Then when evening fell, after a great act of betrayal by Mir Jafar(Asoka), the Siraj's force were defeated at the end. When it was afternoon, Mir Jafar told Siraj's troops to retreat(Miss the Ball) and then Siraj retreated in Jafar's wish. Then Jafar told this information to the British troops, who then ambushed the Nawab troops(Hit the pad with the ball).
Then, Siraj's troops were hit by the attack(Ball) by ther british and Mir Jafar said, " Muhahahaha, I have betrayed you. You werent supposed to lose like this but you will, I betrayed you(Gave him :outbad: intentionally)"

Finally, the british were able to be victorious despite the fact that the Bengalis fared well at the beginning, but the final outcome was all that matteres. Finally, when Siraj was defeated, Mir Jafar was Ascended the throne of Nawab(As a member of ICC elite panel of umpires), but could stay there long because he was an incapable ruler(Not good umpire) and non payment of dues. Finally, Mir Jafar was then replaced by his son in law Mir ........

AsifTheManRahman
May 31, 2010, 10:41 AM
I like how every match thread comes with a poll these days.

AK420
May 31, 2010, 10:43 AM
^^^^
So as to make polls even more popular, since many people visit match threads ;)

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 10:54 AM
Ya. Lol. Got 90 votes on mine :D

AK420
May 31, 2010, 11:18 AM

Your poll was not something sensible, "DO YOU LIKE IT", and I did not even understand what you meant by that:doh:

AK420
May 31, 2010, 11:25 AM

Your poll was not something sensible, "DO YOU LIKE IT", and I did not even understand what you meant by that:doh:

alibangali
May 31, 2010, 12:31 PM
i voted optimistically for a draw but its highly unlikely.

AK420
May 31, 2010, 01:13 PM
^^^^Inshallah it will happen

Rinathq
May 31, 2010, 01:40 PM
My Squad,

Tamim
Imrul
Ash
Junaid
Jahirul
Sakib
Mahmudullah
Mushy
Shafiul
Shahdat
Rubel

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 02:15 PM
Why would you put A'Fool at 3, and ruin our J&J combo? They did great at 3 and 4. Fool couldnt handle the new ball at 5, in a most pressureless situation.

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Junaied Siddique
Jahurul Islam
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib al Hasan
Musfiqure Rahim
Mahbubul Alam/Naeem Islam
Shafiul Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 02:17 PM
Too much color @ 1st post

Ajfar
May 31, 2010, 02:56 PM
I see someone's jealous. I miss our good ol KP bhai's match thread. His thread has a special flavor. Nowadays people are just trying to show off. Oh I beat you to it that kind of thing. and please stop with the poll.

Anyway I like this thread. pretty good. Hope it brings us some luck.

Nocturnal
May 31, 2010, 03:03 PM
kalashnikov - good job except the yellow part! lol
Go Tigers!

Purbasha T
May 31, 2010, 03:09 PM
I see someone's jealous. I miss our good ol KP bhai's match thread. His thread has a special flavor. Nowadays people are just trying to show off. Oh I beat you to it that kind of thing. and please stop with the poll.

Anyway I like this thread. pretty good. Hope it brings us some luck.

Lol!! You first let it all out..and then sugercoat it with some appreciation, just to balance it out. I like. :-p

And I hope too we get lucky this time.

auntu
May 31, 2010, 03:34 PM
Well at least put the name of the ground and make the fonts of the name of the players a bit small. Also if possible please change the yellow color. Also put some useful links and some interesting images. We BCites like innovative match thread (Thanks to Obyed/Kalpurush bhai for setting the high standard)

Nice try. :)

AsifTheManRahman
May 31, 2010, 03:43 PM
Wait till you see one of Spitty's match threads. :)

auntu
May 31, 2010, 04:00 PM
^^^ Absolutely Asif bhai. Hope he would do that in the coming Asia cup. :)

kalpurush
May 31, 2010, 08:49 PM
I like this thread. pretty good. Hope it brings us some luck.
Yes! Me too. Good job AK bhai :)

al-Sagar
May 31, 2010, 10:23 PM
this would have got 100 out 100 marks from me

addition of VENUE
addition of missing squad players, shamshur rahman and ajmal shehzad
slightly smaller font
blue instead of yellow

i am confident next time u will get 100/100

Match Thread: Bangladesh Vs England, 2nd Test, 4-8th June 2010, Old Trafford, Manchester

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan(c)
Mushfiqur Rahim(wk,vc)
Tamim Iqbal Khan
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Mohammad Ashraful
Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad
Jahurul Islam
Naeem Islam
Shafiul Islam
Robiul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Mahbubul Alam Robin
Abdur Razzaq
Shamshur Rahman

English Squad:

Andrew Strauss(c)
Kevin Pietersen
Alaistair Cook
Jonathon Trott
Ian Bell
Matt Prior(wk)
Eoin Morgan
Tim Bresnan
Graeme Swann
James Andersen
Steven Finn
Ajmal Shehzad

Go Bangladesh Go :flag:

P.S- This is my first match thread, hope I bring luck to the Bangladesh team:D

al-Sagar
May 31, 2010, 10:26 PM
i want this eleven

TIK
IK
imroze
aumi
riadh
GoBoy
Moyna
shuvo/chokka/motin/lala
rajib
shuhash
robin

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 11:28 PM
imroze
aumi

huh??

AK420
May 31, 2010, 11:28 PM
This Should be the squad and the batting order in the first innings(Beginning of day1 or end of day 2)

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Imrose
Jahurul
Ashraful
SR SHUVO
Moyna
Riad
Shahadat
Lalla(Bowler and solid tail ender)
Robin

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 11:29 PM
this would have got 100 out 100 marks from me

addition of VENUE
addition of missing squad players, shamshur rahman and ajmal shehzad
slightly smaller font
blue instead of yellow

i am confident next time u will get 100/100
why blue on Bdesh? He is doing the flag color

AK420
May 31, 2010, 11:31 PM
Ok, there is a issue regarding Shahadat

U c guyz, I think it is not wise to send him as night watchmen, because that means Mushy or Riad have to stick with tail enders, giving added pressure to themselves.

Also Shahadat is responsible tail ender, and can do better than what Riad did last time

IT IS BETTER TO SEND ASH AS NIGHT WATCHMEN :-p

AK420
May 31, 2010, 11:32 PM
imroze
aumi

huh??

Junaid is Imrose

Jahurul is omi, that is just a part of there name, not really important though:ticking:

Dilscoop
May 31, 2010, 11:52 PM
IT IS BETTER TO SEND ASH AS NIGHT WATCHMEN :-p
He did come as a nightwatchmen. They had to send another 1, when he got out. He went in a most comfortable situation. 290/3. No pressure.

Then Shahadat got out. Shakib got mad and said he had enough, and came out himself.

AK420
June 1, 2010, 12:05 AM
NOTE: THIS IS JUST A JOKE

The Battle of Palashi: Nawab of Bengal Sirajuddoula VS Robert Clive @ Palashi, 1757

At the battle of Palashi(2ND TEST MATCH), Sirajuddoula(Shakib Al Hasan) the nawab of Bengal met the British Forces led by Robert Clive(Andrew Strauss) at the battle grounds of Palashi(Old Trafford).

At the beginning of the battle(Match), the Nawab's troops(Shakib Bahini) were fighting well. Then when evening fell, after a great act of betrayal by Mir Jafar(Asoka), the Siraj's force were defeated at the end. When it was afternoon, Mir Jafar told Siraj's troops to retreat(Miss the Ball) and then Siraj retreated in Jafar's wish. Then Jafar told this information to the British troops, who then ambushed the Nawab troops(Hit the pad with the ball).
Then, Siraj's troops were hit by the attack(Ball) by ther british and Mir Jafar said, " Muhahahaha, I have betrayed you. You werent supposed to lose like this but you will, I betrayed you(Gave him :outbad: intentionally)"

Finally, the british were able to be victorious despite the fact that the Bengalis fared well at the beginning, but the final outcome was all that matteres. Finally, when Siraj was defeated, Mir Jafar was Ascended the throne of Nawab(As BD captain), but could stay there long because he was an incapable ruler(He was not of BDeshi origin). Finally, Mir Jafar was then replaced by his son in law Mir ........

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT GUYZ?

AK420
June 1, 2010, 12:08 AM
Who wants to hear the final paragraph of above passage?

al-Sagar
June 1, 2010, 12:21 AM
why blue on Bdesh? He is doing the flag color

then where did yellow came from .......
or whats the need of middle or nick name.... first name and last name and two color is enough.

al-Sagar
June 1, 2010, 12:26 AM
The Battle of Palashi: Nawab of Bengal Sirajuddoula VS Robert Clive @ Palashi, 1767

isnt it 1757

AK420
June 1, 2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks, for pointing out the mistake, typing mistake though

BANFAN
June 1, 2010, 12:47 AM
Posted by AK420
The Battle of Palashi: Nawab of Bengal Sirajuddoula VS Robert Clive @ Palashi, 1767

isnt it 1757

Whatever, i hope you know the result of that battle...;)

BANFAN
June 1, 2010, 12:54 AM
P.S- This is my first match thread, hope I bring luck to the Bangladesh team

And for yourself too...... :)

AK420
June 1, 2010, 03:44 AM
^^^^^
How and Why?

Imteaz
June 1, 2010, 03:56 AM
Good Luck Bangladesh.

lamisa
June 1, 2010, 04:49 AM
He did come as a nightwatchmen. They had to send another 1, when he got out. He went in a most comfortable situation. 290/3. No pressure.

Then Shahadat got out. Shakib got mad and said he had enough, and came out himself.

i didn'tt get the idea of sending a nightwatchman at all!shakib should have come down after ash went.the reason is because the weather was fine,the sun was shining,so shakib could have hung around better than rajib.what a waste,rajib aro pore namle aro 20 run korte parto...

AK420
June 1, 2010, 05:47 AM
^^^ Me to

Just shows how dumb our team management is

BTW, we already have 8 batsmen

Murad
June 1, 2010, 03:40 PM
Bad news for Bangladesh

Bresnan is out. Sidebottom comes in.

tkandi4
June 1, 2010, 04:04 PM
In the first test, we scored 282+382=664 runs. Batsmen 1-4 scored 474 runs (71%) while bastmen 5-8 scored only 118 (17%) runs. If batsmen 4-8 could scored some more runs, occupy the crease 20-25 more overs, maybe we could have drawn the series. Hope things will be better next time.

Purbasha T
June 1, 2010, 04:45 PM
InshaAllah we'll get even better in the 2nd test.

And really good to see our top order doing it for us at Lord's, which has been the main problem in our batting line-up for a loooooong time. Now it's upto our middle and lower order to get their touch back and do what they used to when our top-order didn't click (which was most of the times).

Dilscoop
June 1, 2010, 06:44 PM
When Shafiul comes back, Shahadat should always go as nightwatchman. When Mash comes back, we will have a very decent tails. All are capable of scoring at least 40-50 runs.

Shafiul already got a 50. He was looking good then. He wouldn't have been out if Naeem hadnt messed him up!!

meazz1
June 1, 2010, 08:51 PM
In the first test, we scored 282+382=664 runs. Batsmen 1-4 scored 474 runs (71%) while bastmen 5-8 scored only 118 (17%) runs. If batsmen 4-8 could scored some more runs, occupy the crease 20-25 more overs, maybe we could have drawn the series. Hope things will be better next time.

in the 2nd test, batsman 5-8 will score70% and 1-4 will score 15%.
Just the opposite will happen.
All 11 can never perform well at the same time.

Dilscoop
June 1, 2010, 09:19 PM
^^ That never happens for any team. But they still finds a way to win it. For Eng, only Struss, Trott, Finn, Anderson (half of him) performed. Cook, KP,Bell, couldn't contribute that much. Swann, their start player was a shocking. But they still found a way to win.

So whole team never performs all at once. Every 1 has bad days, thats when people around him carry them around. That's why its called a TEAM sports

al-Sagar
June 2, 2010, 12:28 AM
in the 2nd test, batsman 5-8 will score70% and 1-4 will score 15%.
Just the opposite will happen.
All 11 can never perform well at the same time.

thats why those who perform should perform bigger.

tamim performed
junaid performed
imrul performed
jahurul performed

shakib mushfiq riadh ash did not perform

now we know all will not perform. so we cannot ask more from 5-8 who did not perform. so we had to ask more from who performed.

if imrul, junaid would have gone to score centuries also jahurul and tamim a bigger score we would have certainly survived the morning session with 3-4 wickets remaining and thus continue batting in the sunny post lunch session.

so when its guaranteed that all 8 batsman wont perform u need ur performers to perform big. thats when personal achievements for this performers come into reckonig.

AK420
June 2, 2010, 01:10 AM
It still shocked me that despite SUCH a good start, we ruined our progress.

AK420
June 2, 2010, 01:15 AM
We really miss Mashrafee

Whenever we had Mashrafee, we had a good bowling attack, but without him our bowling attack seems toothless

The entire year, we suffered because of poor bowling, and it was Mash who could have made the difference.

Also, Mash could have done better than Ashradullah Al Rahim in the match

nahaz
June 2, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'm considering betting against Bangladesh (betting for them to lose). Reasons:
1. Old Trafford pitch
2. Under better conditions at Lord's, batsman collapsed in a massive way both times.
3. Bowlers looked so toothless that they don't look like getting england out under 350 either innings. Remember, even a fairly special performance by Shahadat could only tie England down to 500.
4. Its supposed to be coudy for three days this match.

Argue away.....

Roni_uk
June 2, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'm considering betting against Bangladesh (betting for them to lose). Reasons:
1. Old Trafford pitch
2. Under better conditions at Lord's, batsman collapsed in a massive way both times.
3. Bowlers looked so toothless that they don't look like getting england out under 350 either innings. Remember, even a fairly special performance by Shahadat could only tie England down to 500.
4. Its supposed to be coudy for three days this match.

Argue away.....

You will never win any money if u bet against Bangladesh. :D

The odd for Bangladesh to win is 33/1

AK420
June 2, 2010, 01:19 PM
Roni bhai thik bolsen, nahaz bhai dekhben je apnar shob taka poisha furey jabe :D

MohammedC
June 2, 2010, 01:29 PM
Second Test will be a draw

Murad
June 2, 2010, 02:05 PM
[বাংলা]প্রথম ইনিংসে ৫৮, দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসে ৭৫—তার পরও জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকের মনে হতাশা, দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসে আউট হওয়ার পর তো রাতে ঘুমাতেই পারেননি! দুবার অনার্স বোর্ডে নাম তোলার সুযোগও পেয়েও যে কাজে লাগাতে পারলেন না!

 লর্ডসে খেলার অনুভূতি কেমন?
জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক: অনুভূতি চমৎকার। বাড়তি উত্তেজনা কাজ করছিল ভেতরে। ভালো কিছু করার তাড়না ছিল এখানে। লর্ডসে খেলার স্বপ্ন সবার মতো আমারও ছিল। স্বপ্নপূরণ হওয়ায় ভালো লাগছে।
 দুই ইনিংসে ফিফটি করেও লর্ডসের অনার্স বোর্ডে নাম তুলতে পারলেন না। এটা নিশ্চয়ই বড় হতাশা...
জুনায়েদ: সেঞ্চুরি করতে পারিনি বলে খুব কষ্ট হয়েছে। সেই সুযোগ দুই ইনিংসেই এসেছিল। সেঞ্চুরিটা করতে পারলে অনেক বড় অর্জন হতো...একজন খেলোয়াড়ের জীবনে এটা সেরা অর্জন। লর্ডসের মতো মাঠে ভালো খেলা, সেঞ্চুরি মারতে পারলে অনার্স বোর্ডে নাম আসত—এটা বিশাল ব্যাপার। আমি অনেক চেষ্টা করেছি, এটাই আমার টার্গেট ছিল এখানে। আর সেঞ্চুরি করতে পারলে দলেরও উপকার হতো। হয়নি যখন হতাশ তো অবশ্যই...আরও কিছুক্ষণ থাকতে পারলে হয়তো হয়ে যেত।
 ইংলিশ কন্ডিশন, লর্ডসে প্রথম খেলছেন—সব মিলিয়ে কোনো ভয় কি আসেনি মনে?
জুনায়েদ: না, ও রকম কোনো কিছুই ছিল না আসলে। দেশে ভালো খেলে আসায় আমার আত্মবিশ্বাস এখানেও ভালো ছিল।
 ইংলিশ কন্ডিশনে বাউন্স-মুভমেন্টেই বেশি সমস্যা হয় বাংলাদেশি ব্যাটসম্যানদের। এসবের সঙ্গে কেমন মানাতে পেরেছেন?
জুনায়েদ: মানিয়ে নিতে পেরেছি বলেই হয়তো কিছুটা রান করতে পেরেছি। এই কন্ডিশন আমাদের দেশের তুলনায় একদমই অন্যরকম। এখানে প্রতিটি বল ফোকাস করতে হয়েছে। ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে অনেক সময় ফোকাস সে রকম না থাকলেও টিকে থাকা যায়, এখানে সে উপায় নেই।
 দুই ইনিংসই এত লম্বা সময় ধরে উইকেটে থাকতে পেরেছেন কি কন্ডিশনের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে নিতে পারার কারণেই?
জুনায়েদ: এটা একটা ব্যাপার তো অবশ্যই। উইকেটে কিছুক্ষণ থাকার পরই মনে হচ্ছিল হয়তো বা মানিয়ে নিতে পারব। আউট হয়ে যাওয়ায় সে কারণেই বেশি কষ্ট পেয়েছি। বিশেষ করে দ্বিতীয় ইনিংসে যেভাবে আউট হলাম...খুব যে ভালো বলে আউট হয়েছি, তাও না। ক্যারিয়ারে সবচেয়ে বেশি কষ্ট পেয়েছি ওভাবে আউট হয়ে। সারা রাত ঘুমাতে পারিনি।
 বিশেষ কোনো বোলারকে কি খেলতে বেশি সমস্যা হয়েছে?
জুনায়েদ: কঠিন আসলে কাউকেই কখনো মনে হয় না। আমি যখন নিজে ভুল করি, তখনই আমার কাছে সবকিছু কঠিন হয়ে যায়, এলোমেলো লাগে। জিম্বাবুয়ের কোনো বোলারের স্লোয়ারেও যদি আমি আউট হয়ে যাই, আমার মনে হয়, আমি বুঝি খারাপ খেলছি।
 তামিম ইকবালের ইনিংসটা কেমন লাগল?
জুনায়েদ: অসাধারণ ইনিংস। অবিশ্বাস্য একজন খেলোয়াড় তামিম। খুব অল্প সময়ে অনেক বেশি উন্নতি করেছে সে। ওকে দেখেই এখন আমরা অনুপ্রাণিত হচ্ছি।
 তামিম সেঞ্চুরি করল, আপনিও দুই ইনিংসে ফিফটি। সব মিলিয়ে লর্ডস টেস্টে কি ড্র করা উচিত ছিল না?
জুনায়েদ: এটা তো বলার অপেক্ষা রাখে না। শেষ দিন যদি শেষ ৫ উইকেটে আরও বেশিক্ষণ খেলতে পারতাম, হয়তো বা ম্যাচটা বাঁচানো যেত।
 ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ড টেস্টে লক্ষ্য কী থাকবে?
জুনায়েদ: আমি এর আগে ওই মাঠে খেলিনি। ওখানে গিয়ে প্র্যাকটিস করে, উইকেট দেখে বুঝতে পারব কী অবস্থা। যদিও প্র্যাকটিস উইকেটের চেয়ে ম্যাচের উইকেটে অনেক পার্থক্য থাকে। দেখি আগে কী রকম সবকিছু, তার পর বলতে পারব। [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-06-02/news/67868

alibangali
June 2, 2010, 03:23 PM
After the positive coverage from the 1st test we must at ALL COST avoid an innings defeat, this will undo the hard work that has been done.

Haru-party
June 2, 2010, 04:24 PM
Sky wiil be cloudy in old trafford during the match.:hairpull:

mishu
June 2, 2010, 05:34 PM
i think if shafiul, robin, rubel and razzaq plays it will be good, and Naeem instead of Ash (he is waist of wicket in test). Ashraful out of form in ALL format, kick him out please...even if he gets 20 centuries in domestic cricket,,, dont bring him back... we are great full for you contribution to BD cricket, and you did enough, give others chance now,,,

Cricmas
June 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
Do u have any ponting or sachin or dravid to replace ash at this moment? R naeem e ba ki hati ghora kore felce? Ash is a senior player n has got 3 fifty plus innings in recent practice matches.in the 1st match he was out by a wrong decision.so we have to keep him in the playing eleven.till we don't have any replacement,we have to stick with ash.may b we can alter his bating position with aumi.coz, # 4 is the best position for ash.

Ajfar
June 2, 2010, 06:00 PM
may b we can alter his bating position with aumi.coz, # 4 is the best position for ash.

oh ya super duper cool idea. Let's move a some what performing batsman down the order so sir md. ashraful can move up.

Roni_uk
June 2, 2010, 06:28 PM
BBC Weather:

Fri Sunny 24C
Sat Sunny Intervals 24C
Sun Sunny Intervals 20C
Mon Sunny Intervals 20C

What more do you want? Weather should not be a factor for Test 2. Bangladesh should go and bat first.

zainab
June 2, 2010, 09:10 PM
I agree, BD must try at all costs to avoid an innings defeat. I know that the Brits will try to steamroll them in this test, they feel that they did not perform well against BD at Lords.
I hope BD does not allow them to score 505 runs again, must try to dislodge Jonathan Trott quickly, he is determined to bat throughout, does not want to leave the wicket

beshideshi
June 2, 2010, 09:25 PM
Ashraful will score a century in this match. mmw

kalpurush
June 2, 2010, 10:19 PM
BBC Weather:

Fri Sunny 24C
Sat Sunny Intervals 24C
Sun Sunny Intervals 20C
Mon Sunny Intervals 20C

What more do you want? Weather should not be a factor for Test 2. Bangladesh should go and bat first.
What more I want?

WIN WiN win...

Bond
June 2, 2010, 10:27 PM
3 days match over, Jimmy will take a 10. I love watching Anderson getting wickets also the nicest haircut after Pietersen offcourse. Our players look like they just drove riksha for 12 hours.

Dilscoop
June 2, 2010, 10:45 PM
^^ LOL 'teel-pani nai'

2nd test starts around 4 AM. Last 1 was around 3 AM. Jezz!

Tanvir703
June 2, 2010, 11:02 PM
^^ That never happens for any team. But they still finds a way to win it. For Eng, only Struss, Trott, Finn, Anderson (half of him) performed. Cook, KP,Bell, couldn't contribute that much. Swann, their start player was a shocking. But they still found a way to win.

So whole team never performs all at once. Every 1 has bad days, thats when people around him carry them around. That's why its called a TEAM sports

Not really. We find ways to LOSE! That match should've been drawn easily.

Tanvir703
June 2, 2010, 11:07 PM
After the positive coverage from the 1st test we must at ALL COST avoid an innings defeat, this will undo the hard work that has been done.

Spot on. Unfortunately, there's a good chance its gonna happen.

mishu
June 2, 2010, 11:20 PM
Do u have any ponting or sachin or dravid to replace ash at this moment? R naeem e ba ki hati ghora kore felce? Ash is a senior player n has got 3 fifty plus innings in recent practice matches.in the 1st match he was out by a wrong decision.so we have to keep him in the playing eleven.till we don't have any replacement,we have to stick with ash.may b we can alter his bating position with aumi.coz, # 4 is the best position for ash.

Ashraful in no way is Shachin or Dravid,that we need one of those to replace him. we need a player who can play long innings, does not need to be a superster.. ,,we had Rockibul who scored a 100 against england in practice match... we have shamsur and nazimuddin who did great stuff against South africa and west indies A teams..we have sarwardi shuvo who has been performing well in longer version, I would rather get a 25 or 30 or 40 in most innings, rather than waiting for Ashraful to contribute once in a while.

Dilscoop
June 3, 2010, 12:08 AM
Not really. We find ways to LOSE! That match should've been drawn easily.

I said the other teams. the OTHER TEAMS find a way to win.

lamisa
June 3, 2010, 02:14 AM
InshaAllah we'll get even better in the 2nd test.

And really good to see our top order doing it for us at Lord's, which has been the main problem in our batting line-up for a loooooong time. Now it's upto our middle and lower order to get their touch back and do what they used to when our top-order didn't click (which was most of the times).

i just don't get why the entire team doesn't click together on the same day?

lamisa
June 3, 2010, 02:23 AM
Ashraful will score a century in this match. mmw

i am so marking your words!

Gowza
June 3, 2010, 02:46 AM
i'd play naeem instead of ash, maybe robin instead of robiul but it's kind of unfair to give robiul just the one match (but then robin didn't get a good enough go when he got his turn either). i'd say you would go with shafi and shahadat (because he took a 5fer and rubel isn't really doing to much had he's been given a few matches now, it's time to treat him as a normal player i.e. either perform or your place gets taken). i want to see jahurul stay in the side, imrul has finally scored runs so now we need to give him a few more matches to see whether it was a one off or something he's going to keep on bringing, junaid stays because he's doing a good job atm. if possible find riyad a spot higher up the order.

i actually find the batting interesting now, before this series it was easy to drop a batsman, bring in a specialist keeper and make mushy a specialist batsman. but if junaid keeps performing, and imrul has gotten over his lack of scoring and jahurul turns out to be a solid batsman for us then mushy will have to fight for a specialist batting spot if they were to bring in a specialist keeper, jahurul is a part time keeper so i don't want him keeping (let him focus on batting). we also have naeem just outside the XI at this point and riyad and shakib a chance of moving up the order if they keep up with the runs.

Roni_uk
June 3, 2010, 03:27 AM
This match is becoming such a hype from England's point of view. Loving the picture of Tamim on cricinfo front page. Strauss is quite unhappy even after winning the match which is interesting. Our top order needs to perform once more.

Dilscoop
June 3, 2010, 03:36 AM
^^ Ya, our players rarely make the front page picture DURING matches. This is the 1st time during off days.

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 03:53 AM
i just don't get why the entire team doesn't click together on the same day?

i think there is no example where a total team has clicked in game, not olny bd the whole cricket world.

Dilscoop
June 3, 2010, 04:00 AM
That's what I said. :D

Cricmas
June 3, 2010, 05:25 AM
Ashraful in no way is Shachin or Dravid,that we need one of those to replace him. we need a player who can play long innings, does not need to be a superster.. ,,we had Rockibul who scored a 100 against england in practice match... we have shamsur and nazimuddin who did great stuff against South africa and west indies A teams..we have sarwardi shuvo who has been performing well in longer version, I would rather get a 25 or 30 or 40 in most innings, rather than waiting for Ashraful to contribute once in a while.

i think u don't get it. Those u said ROKIBUL, NAZIMUDDIN,SUVO they are not in the squad. How can you replace ASH with them in this all important 2nd test? Ya, i also prefer a consistant perfomer. But my question is, who is consistant enough? If there are any, then why you selected him for the tour? Just throw him out of the squad and select those so called consistant performers. I am not a great fan of ASH as well, but we have no choice.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

nahaz
June 3, 2010, 07:08 AM
Forget this match...we (prob) lost this too.

Zimbabwe in the meantime, are on track for an even beigger win against India than the last match.

Let's go from here and play ODIs against ZImbabwe in Harare. Or better still, play India in Harare:-D...they'd lose by ten wickets.

P.S: We should seriously consider playing tests in Zimbabwe against them pretty soon...it'd be a tough one for us...

nahaz
June 3, 2010, 07:33 AM
Also, could Tamim please hop on a surgery table as soon as he finishes this test? he'll end up missing the WC if he keeps delaying it....

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 07:45 AM
looks like TEAM MANAGEMENT is considering 1 or 2 changes

1. shafiul in place of robiul 75% chance
2. razzak in place of rubel, 25% chance considering the pitch may help spinners

nahaz
June 3, 2010, 07:50 AM
i think if shafiul, robin, rubel and razzaq plays it will be good, and Naeem instead of Ash (he is waist of wicket in test). Ashraful out of form in ALL format, kick him out please...even if he gets 20 centuries in domestic cricket,,, dont bring him back... we are great full for you contribution to BD cricket, and you did enough, give others chance now,,,

You forget Naeem is also horriblyout of form..so you can either take Ash who has 50% probability of scoring <10, but also 30% chance of scoring a fifty. Or you can take Naeem, who has 40% probability to score <10, but 1% probability to score a fifty.

Razzak is very hopeless. Also, our spinners were pretty hopeless in 2nd innings, so how would taking a bowler worse than sakib and Riyad going to help us get wickets. I think lineup should be thus:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Junaed
4. Jahurul
5. Riyad (he needs time to get settled; he tries to stay in wicket and score, so deserves it.)
6. Ashraful ( hopefully will not have to face 2nd new ball when new at crease)
7. Sakib ( will be helped by my choice of pacers)
8. Mushfique ( bit out of form anyway)
9. Shahadat
10. Shafiul ( for control that will biuld pressureat one end)
11. Robin ( control if nothing else)

AK420
June 3, 2010, 08:15 AM
As far as the 1st test is considered, this should be the new team:

Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
SR Shuvo
Jahurul
Naeem
Shakib(Only for his 3 wickets)
Shahadat
Shafiul
Robin
Razzaq

Robiul, Riad, Mushy and Ash doesnt deserve to be in the team:D

AK420
June 3, 2010, 08:16 AM
People of all ages, from now on Ash will eb our bowling all rounder and specialist night watchmen:D

beshideshi
June 3, 2010, 09:45 AM
Bangladesh ponder twin spin option
Andrew McGlashan at Old Trafford
June 3, 2010
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A

Jamie Siddons wants the Old Trafford wicket to assist his slow bowlers © PA Photos
Related Links
Players/Officials: Abdur Razzak | Shakib Al Hasan | Jamie Siddons | Graeme Swann | Tamim Iqbal
Matches: England v Bangladesh at Manchester
Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of England, Ireland and Scotland
Teams: Bangladesh | England
Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, is hoping the Old Trafford pitch offers assistance to his spinners, as his team aims to build on their efforts in the first Test and give England another tough five-day contest. Siddons believes a number of the home side's batsmen, including Kevin Pietersen, are susceptible against slow bowlers, but only if the conditions allow them to have an impact.

With warm weather forecast for at least the first three days in Manchester, the indications are that Bangladesh will give serious consideration to including Abdur Razzak, the left-arm spinner, alongside captain Shakib Al Hasan and offspinner Mahmudullah. It didn't escape Siddons' attention that Pietersen was again dismissed by Shakib in the first innings at Lord's, the 16th time he has fallen to a left-arm spinner.

"If it spins, like everyone is talking about, Shakib will worry the England players when it starts to turn. He's very good, as his figures suggest," said Siddons. "If it looks like it will turn, we might even play another spinner, play Razzak and put them under pressure with spin rather than pace, as that had no impact at Lord's.

"If it's faster, spinning and bouncing a bit, Shakib will be a real handful and there's a couple of players in the England side that do struggle against good spin," he added. "We need something, we need spin, that's our strength. Kevin [Pietersen] has been having trouble and hopefully keeps having trouble but he made [runs] in Dhaka which puts it on the other edge of that sword. They have a lot more trouble with spin than they do with our medium-pacers."

History suggests that Siddons could well get his wish. The last Test to be staged at Old Trafford, against New Zealand in 2008, was dominated by Monty Panesar and Daniel Vettori who took 6 for 37 and 5 for 66 respectively. There has also been turn this season for Lancashire's young left-arm spinner, Simon Kerrigan, who has had considerable success and has often been used early in the game.

However, a pitch that aids the spinners would also bring Graeme Swann into the match after a rare wicketless outing at Lord's. "Facing their spinners on the last day at Lord's there was no turn, it just skidded on, but here the spinners normally come into the game quite early because of the bounce, and on days three and four they can be a handful," said Andrew Strauss. "I was fairly happy with the way Graeme bowled, but they played him well and if he bowls like that again I'm sure he'll take some wickets."

It really is spin or bust for Bangladesh because, even taking into account Shahadat Hossain's five-wicket haul last week, their pace resources are thin. Siddons confirmed that there would be a change in the seam-bowling ranks with Shafiul Islam being recalled although it hadn't been decided which of Robiul Islam or Rubel Hossain would drop out - although both would disappear if two spinners played.

"Our bowling was horrendous," said Siddons. "On day one of the [Lord's] Test I was ready to go home. But I'm used to that with our bowlers, our bowlers have let us down a lot, particularly our fast bowlers. Our spin bowlers always bring things back.

"We lost the game on the first day and, again, there was so much pressure on our batsmen to save a game. We just can't keep doing that, that's why we will make a change to the fast bowling. Shafiul will bowl good areas and be consistent, that's what we need. If Shahadat has another game like his first innings, our attack will be a lot better."

Siddons admits that there is no quick fix when it comes to Bangladesh's lack of pace, a problem that stems from the country's insubstantial first-class structure. Sri Lanka is often used as the model of what can be achieved as a Test nation develops, but Bangladesh have never threatened to produce the likes of Chaminda Vaas or Lasith Malinga.

"There's no evidence of fast bowlers," added Siddons. "The two quickest in Bangladesh are Rubel and Shahadat. In our first-class conditions, the bowlers bowl three or four overs and then the spinners come on so there are no grounds for them to develop, which is really important."

Siddons has approached the Bangladesh board about searching the English leagues for hidden fast-bowling talent. "I keep asking if they are around, I'm sure they are," he said. "There have been Bangladeshis here long enough to use England for development programmes and grab a few. I haven't had any names come forward, I've pushed it at board level to get the word out there. We'd definitely look at it, if there is a fast bowler who can come back and play for us immediately."

The batting, though, is coming along nicely for Bangladesh. Many watchers were surprised by Bangladesh's performance at Lord's, but that wasn't the case for Siddons who has seen a steady improvement with the bat, but he remained frustrated that the middle-order couldn't respond.

"Our middle-order has held us together," he said. "I can't understand why they didn't bat better at Lord's although they did always come in against the new ball and in overcast conditions, against a swinging ball, which is tough for any team to make runs and survive in those conditions.

"People are still thinking about 12 months ago, we've had great Test series against India, New Zealand and England. Our batsmen have applied themselves really well. The Aftabs [Ahmed] aren't playing any more, Ashraful is trying to apply himself a a lot. Junaid [Siddique] and Imrul [Kayes] never throw their wicket away, they might play a bad shot but it's not because of rashness."

In the days between the back-to-back Tests, Bangladesh have had a few worries about Tamim Iqbal, their star batsman, who reported a problem with his chest although he is unlikely to miss the match. There is also better news about the left-hander's wrist problem which now doesn't require surgery.

"By all reports he doesn't need an operation unless it gets displaced or he can't bat with the pain, and he batted with the pain no problem in the Test match," said Siddons. "He's just got to get over it mentally. It's healing, it's got a callus around it, it's fine."

Source: Cricinfo.com

beshideshi
June 3, 2010, 09:49 AM
So, Jamie is looking for Bangladeshi origin Fast bowlers in England. Interesting. Can anyone enlighten me if there is any Bangladeshi pacer who is playing English county cricket?

Nadim
June 3, 2010, 09:58 AM
So, Jamie is looking for Bangladeshi origin Fast bowlers in England. Interesting. Can anyone enlighten me if there is any Bangladeshi pacer who is playing English county cricket?

Here is one of them but he is not as good as even Robiul/Tarek Aziz. Bowls around 120-130kph. I dont think there is anymore atm except Jahid Ahmed.
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/213076.html

AsifTheManRahman
June 3, 2010, 10:20 AM
Jokes.

"People are still thinking about 12 months ago, we've had great Test series against India, New Zealand and England. Our batsmen have applied themselves really well. The Aftabs [Ahmed] aren't playing any more, Ashraful is trying to apply himself a a lot. Junaid [Siddique] and Imrul [Kayes] never throw their wicket away, they might play a bad shot but it's not because of rashness."
I love him just because of that comment if nothing else.

AsifTheManRahman
June 3, 2010, 10:31 AM
Sounds like the track at the Old Trafford is going to have quite a bit of assistance for the slower bowlers. Shakib's probably licking his lips - a Pfeiffer is overdue by his standards. Hubba hubba baby.

beshideshi
June 3, 2010, 10:37 AM
Here is one of them but he is not as good as even Robiul/Tarek Aziz. Bowls around 120-130kph. I dont think there is anymore atm except Jahid Ahmed.
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/213076.html

thanks for the info. I had no idea about him[or that there are Bangladeshi origin players in county cricket]. but Jamie is probably looking for someone near Bresnan, Sidebottom's caliber as a stop gap solution, I doubt we are going to get anyone of that standard.
But for the long run, we need wickets that actually encourage pacers , not wickets were you introduce spinners after the opening bowlers had 4 consolatory overs each.

Tiger444
June 3, 2010, 10:46 AM
Jokes.

I love him just because of that comment if nothing else.

haha he just straight dissed aftab there..shows that Sid doesn't really like him..makes sense..we dont need mediocre batsmen like aftab anymore..he should never come near the national team again..we have way better batsmen who have temperament and application..don't want aftab even in the T20 team..

Cricmas
June 3, 2010, 11:13 AM
You forget Naeem is also horriblyout of form..so you can either take Ash who has 50% probability of scoring <10, but also 30% chance of scoring a fifty. Or you can take Naeem, who has 40% probability to score <10, but 1% probability to score a fifty.
( control if nothing else)

thats what i was saying earlier. but some people had other ideas. HuH........................

al Furqaan
June 3, 2010, 11:14 AM
i'd play naeem instead of ash, maybe robin instead of robiul but it's kind of unfair to give robiul just the one match (but then robin didn't get a good enough go when he got his turn either). i'd say you would go with shafi and shahadat (because he took a 5fer and rubel isn't really doing to much had he's been given a few matches now, it's time to treat him as a normal player i.e. either perform or your place gets taken). i want to see jahurul stay in the side, imrul has finally scored runs so now we need to give him a few more matches to see whether it was a one off or something he's going to keep on bringing, junaid stays because he's doing a good job atm. if possible find riyad a spot higher up the order.

i actually find the batting interesting now, before this series it was easy to drop a batsman, bring in a specialist keeper and make mushy a specialist batsman. but if junaid keeps performing, and imrul has gotten over his lack of scoring and jahurul turns out to be a solid batsman for us then mushy will have to fight for a specialist batting spot if they were to bring in a specialist keeper, jahurul is a part time keeper so i don't want him keeping (let him focus on batting). we also have naeem just outside the XI at this point and riyad and shakib a chance of moving up the order if they keep up with the runs.

imrul is an indian - can't play the short ball, but if he gets his mind right should score lots of runs. his technique is otherwise quite decent and he's best suited to test cricket.

not sure why we are even contemplating jahirul for getting axed.

the pace attack i would go with shahadat/shafiul/rubel. lets not forget rubel got 5 against NZ, just 3 test matches ago with 3 of those five coming when conditions were helpful. so if old trafford is pace friendly, play the one bowler who can beat batsmen with short pitch balls.

shahadat short ball --> 4
robiul short ball --> 4
robin short ball --> 4

rubel and maybe shafi are the only guys good and/or fast enough to bowl short dots.

please no razzak who can only mop up the tail. he's no better than a pacer, so might as well bowl a guy with potential (rubel or shafi)

Tiger444
June 3, 2010, 11:25 AM

Naeem is not out of form..what do you expect if hes played as #8 batsman? I agree he should not play at #3 but at least let him play in the middle order..hes being utilized in a bad way..he should forget bowling and just be played as a batsman..I bet Naeem would do better then Ash..Ash is never in form..the guy either has great performances or very poor performances..he hasnt hit a 50 in who knows how long..Naeem hit a 50 in the 2nd test and really deserves a chance over Ash..I'm a huge fan of Ash but the guy is getting way 2 many chances for no reason..Ash needs to be out of the test team for good..Let him play T20's or ODIs but tests are a no no..We should give guys like Naeem, Roqibul and Shamsur chances rather then Ash..we need guys with good temperaments..and Ash really doesnt have 1..

Ajfar
June 3, 2010, 11:28 AM
Ash has a 30% chance of scoring 50?? are you kidding me? based on what? his previous record.

dolcevita
June 3, 2010, 11:31 AM
Ash has a 30% chance of scoring 50?? are you kidding me? based on what? his previous record.

He has 1% chance of scoring 50
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger444
June 3, 2010, 11:40 AM

I seriously hate how people still glorify players like Ash, Aftab and Alok..btw nahaz I'm not trying 2 target only you but other people..the media and fans just love ash 2 much..can we just accept the fact that hes a player that hasnt lived up 2 expectations? I mean its not only Ash but a lot of players turned out 2 be busts..the sooner people forget about him the better but unfortunately we will always have him in our squads..

Sayeed Haque
June 3, 2010, 11:53 AM
Ashraful is definitely a different batsman now. He has scored 15 zeros in his first 85 test innings. But in the last 20 innings not a single one. This is good. In the first 85 innings he has scored 7 fifties and 4 centuries. In the last 20 innings he has only scored one century. This is obviously not a good sign.

Equinox
June 3, 2010, 01:25 PM
The boys went to Old Trafford today.

auntu
June 3, 2010, 03:13 PM
Shakib can be the star of 2nd test. The pitch might suit him the most.
Excellent idea by JS about pace bowlers. Let's see what's coming.

Ajfar
June 3, 2010, 04:04 PM
Lets hope Swann doesnt tear us apart.

simon
June 3, 2010, 04:13 PM
our prediction on wicket often goes wrong.
Ke jane ki hoy.

alibangali
June 3, 2010, 04:16 PM
I don't like JS trying to put our pacers on the side like that by saying he wants to FIND one in england, thats just iresponsible. Our pacers might not be even county level but what do you expect when there is no bowling coach and no effort to try and make pacer friendly wickets for them to improve on. To just throw them at the deep end and then say they are not good enough is irresponsible. Also there is no faith in any of them. Players like Alam, Nazmul and last test Shafiul get discarded far too quickly. There is also no faith and patience in them when they do bowl in a match. Yes i totally agree that the lords pace bowling was totally rubbish but thats a result of giving debut to someone on the biggest stage. We can cycle through all the pacers in bangladesh but unless we properly train talents like Rubel and Shafiul they will never become international standard.

Also i am not going to get carried away by Imrul's performace in ONE test to suddenly say he is a good test player. I have seen too much of his mediocracy and unless he keeps improving I can't see him developing into someone even like Junaed.

Tanvir703
June 3, 2010, 04:16 PM
I said the other teams. the OTHER TEAMS find a way to win.

You really dont get it....do you?

alibangali
June 3, 2010, 04:36 PM
It seems like ash will play in this test match and if he does then a big innings from is long overdue even by his standards LOL. If he does not perform than i think he will need to get a bodyguard as i fear for his safety.

riankhan
June 3, 2010, 04:50 PM
Prediction of first innings:
one 100+ from Tamim/Mushfiq/Shakib (if tamim scores 100, then..)
two 50+ from Mushi/Shakib/Junaed/Mahmudullah/Jaharul/Imrul (if Mushi & Jaharul score 50, then..)
Total 100+ from Shakib/Junaed/Mahmudullah/Imrul
Total 50+ from Shafiul/Shahadat/Ash/Razzak/Extra
Total 350-370 in first innings.
But, if Shamsur plays instead of Ash, we will probably score 30-40 more runs = 400+ (not gonna happen)

Imtiazk
June 3, 2010, 05:19 PM
This is the team:

Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
Jahurul
Ashraful
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Razzak
Shafiul
Shahadat

riankhan
June 3, 2010, 05:23 PM
This is the team:

Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
Jahurul
Ashraful
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Razzak
Shafiul
Shahadat

Thanks bro. Pls provide the source.

Imtiazk
June 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks bro. Pls provide the source.

You will see it tomorrow half hour before the match !

riankhan
June 3, 2010, 05:31 PM
You will see it tomorrow half hour before the match !

Thanks for the SouRce

Imtiazk
June 3, 2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like the track at the Old Trafford is going to have quite a bit of assistance for the slower bowlers. Shakib's probably licking his lips - a Pfeiffer is overdue by his standards. Hubba hubba baby.

The Old Trafford wicket is a "bouncy" turner. Our spinners should do well. So will Swann.

Remember, even the non turning spinner Panesar took a hell of a lot of wickets against the Kiwis last time.

I hope Mushfiq holds on the catches. Shakib, Razzak and Mahmudullah should provide a few. I would have kept Rubel. But they have gone for Shafiul. No great shakes though. The batting will improve slightly.

Dilscoop
June 3, 2010, 05:55 PM
You really dont get it....do you?

I dont get it? You are the one who's messing things up man. I said rarely that 1 team has 11 players performing together, at least 3-4 players have their off days, but they still find a way to win. we dont..

what dont you get about that? read carefully please

nycpro96
June 3, 2010, 05:59 PM
Razzak should definitely not play.
Id go with:
Tamim
Imrul
Zunaid
Jahurul
Naeem
Riyad
Mushfiq
Rajib
Shafiul
Rubel

3 Pacers, 1 Spinner, 2 handy part timers (Naeem and Riyad)

Imtiazk
June 3, 2010, 06:28 PM
Id go with:
Tamim
Imrul
Zunaid
Jahurul
Naeem
Riyad
Mushfiq
Rajib
Shafiul
Rubel

But that is not the team - right or wrong ! Ashraful, Razzak and Shafiul are playing.

Roni_uk
June 3, 2010, 06:57 PM
Prediction of first innings:
one 100+ from Tamim/Mushfiq/Shakib (if tamim scores 100, then..)
two 50+ from Mushi/Shakib/Junaed/Mahmudullah/Jaharul/Imrul (if Mushi & Jaharul score 50, then..)
Total 100+ from Shakib/Junaed/Mahmudullah/Imrul
Total 50+ from Shafiul/Shahadat/Ash/Razzak/Extra
Total 350-370 in first innings.
But, if Shamsur plays instead of Ash, we will probably score 30-40 more runs = 400+ (not gonna happen)

We will collapse before 200. England will lead by by 500 runs. Then we will make 350 runs, take an innings defeat.

fishyguy
June 3, 2010, 07:27 PM
Razzak will play as hinted by Jamie Siddons. He will probably be slight more economical than the pacers but please for god's sake don't have shakib and Razzak bowling in tandem like they did where whatever pressure Shakib created was being let off by Razzak. Its WAY more frustrating to watch someone as infective as razzak bowl down the leg side ball after ball than Rubel who might not have good control at least have some pace because at least you feel like Rubel can improve and be effective but razzak has no hope. I want to pull my hair out every time Razzak bowls.

sylheti-uk
June 3, 2010, 07:36 PM
was anyone else shocked at the sheer number of officials/ wifes/kids present at lords all paid for no doubt by bcb funds. they went on balcony reserved for players and uk media commented that the balcony is for players only. these extended family members bo doubt are in uk shopping and relaxinf in 5 star hotels yet our team cannot afford a bowling coach.... it reminds me of the £5000 helicopter takeaway from few years back.
shameful just when the team is starting to improve our corrupt culture will drag us down.

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 08:22 PM
if raj gets selected this should be his make or break test. in dhaka or ctg he did not have help from pitch. but may have some help from Old trafford.

so either he makes the use of opportunity or i dont want to see him in tests anymore.

rashed411
June 3, 2010, 08:37 PM
8 more hours to go... catch live action at www.cricview.net

kalpurush
June 3, 2010, 08:58 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

kalpurush
June 3, 2010, 09:01 PM
if raj gets selected this should be his make or break test. in dhaka or ctg he did not have help from pitch. but may have some help from Old trafford.

so either he makes the use of opportunity or i dont want to see him in tests anymore.
Good luck to Rajjak :)

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 09:46 PM
according to PA ....

tamim told its not possible for him to play. he has new pain in his ribs in addition to his wrist.

al-Sagar
June 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
also a LOCAL ENGLISH COACH (knowned to Jamie Siddons) was with the BD pacers in training yesterday to help them.

Bugz
June 3, 2010, 10:04 PM
according to PA ....

tamim told its not possible for him to play. he has new pain in his ribs in addition to his wrist.
:timeout: This had better not be true.

al Furqaan
June 3, 2010, 10:09 PM
good weather expected for today...done with exams, hoping to catch all of today's play for the first time this series.

AK420
June 4, 2010, 12:25 AM
Nehi, Tamim na thakle Imrul Naeemer theke 3tar bodole 10ta thappor khabe

AK420
June 4, 2010, 12:27 AM
Al Furqaan bhai apnar exam shesh hoise apnar exam shesh hoise, cholen Battle of Palashi dekhte jai :D

BD d best
June 4, 2010, 01:29 AM
Id go with:
Tamim
Imrul
Zunaid
Jahurul
Naeem
Riyad
Mushfiq
Rajib
Shafiul
Rubel

i think someone is missing in ur squad! Or,are u gonna play with 10players?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

magic boy
June 4, 2010, 01:30 AM
Batting first...that's what I want

cricket_king
June 4, 2010, 02:19 AM
Win the toss, bat first, score big. That should be the plan for today. If we bowl first, the pacers (besides Shahadat) need to show some improvement - maybe even pick up a wicket or two.

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 02:20 AM
I seriously hate how people still glorify players like Ash, Aftab and Alok..btw nahaz I'm not trying 2 target only you but other people..the media and fans just love ash 2 much..can we just accept the fact that hes a player that hasnt lived up 2 expectations? I mean its not only Ash but a lot of players turned out 2 be busts..the sooner people forget about him the better but unfortunately we will always have him in our squads..

Well, my feeling is that if Naeem was ever seriously considered as a contender for the XI in either test, he should have been played in all three matches. And he should have played in no.5 or 6. Unfortunately he wasn't, after he scored badly in the first one while playing low down the order. If we play him now, he'd be rusty in terms of match practice. Ash is at least in the groove, in some way. He may score a fifty, he may not. But I really doubt Naeem would.

I also don't think there's any point in playing him if he plays at NO.7 or 8 in tests. Naeem takes some time to get going. He also likes to keep stats by his side, so doesn't want to hit out and get runs even when he's batting with NO.10. I doubt its selfishness, but its sth that keeps happening. He is also useless in bowling in tests. If he is to play, Mushfiq and Shakib/Ash have to bat below him, and he has to show the capability to hang around and add 100+ runs in partnerships, like Jahurul did last match.

Shamsur cannot possibly play without any kind of proper practice in English conditions, and would not get any more than Naeem or Ash if he opened today.

If you don't want to play Ashraful, you have to groom other players to play in his spot. You can't just throw them in. I do think Ash'll get a fifty this match. Siddons hasn't dropped him yet coz he's still trying to figure out how someone as hardworking as him can't score runs.

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 02:38 AM
If Tamim does not play, who will we play amongst Naeem (middle-order batsman who can spin) and Shamsur Rahman (top order,same as Tamim). I don't know how Naeem can bowl any worse than Razzak. I'd still play three pacers (shahadat, shafi and Rubel) and play spinner Sakib plus two part-timers (Riyad & Naeem). Watching Shuvo bat will be exciting, but ultimately pointeless unless there is a long term plan with him..

Look what Zimbabwe's willingness to stick with the same bunch of average players has made them acheive..they beat India twice. If we stick with our players much as possible, we'd do the same in tests and ODIs.

Puck
June 4, 2010, 02:39 AM
Al Furqaan bhai apnar exam shesh hoise apnar exam shesh hoise, cholen Battle of Palashi dekhte jai :D

If Polashi is to be repeated the result would be a comprehensive victory for Bangladesh. The better equipped team lost in Plassey!

Is Ashraful contemplating a vat of Bogura's doi as bribe for Andy Flower? It might just work you know!

mahbubH
June 4, 2010, 02:42 AM
It seems Razzak will play as the 2nd spinner in the 2nd test. First of all, he should not be in the tour as there is no limited over match. He is a horrible spinner for test cricket. Het gets the selection because of his good relation with the management. Enam is a better spinner than Razzak for test cricket. I prefer 3 pacers instead of having him in the team.

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 02:52 AM
JS ki mod khaise? Razzak again??

and TIK might miss out the game? we r doomed:(

Shaan
June 4, 2010, 03:13 AM
JS ki mod khaise? Razzak again??

and TIK might miss out the game? we r doomed:(
Nadim, shudu modh khay nai songe Afgani hukka tanse mone hoy :))

Awla
June 4, 2010, 03:31 AM
Tamim nai :sigh:.........why Razzaq? :head:....ei match 5th day te jabe na :100: % sure :mad:

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 03:33 AM
Nadim, shudu modh khay nai songe Afgani hukka tanse mone hoy :))

lol, Tai to mone hocche...

godzilla
June 4, 2010, 03:40 AM
:timeout: This had better not be true.

I thought that he got a clear pass, didn't he?

BTW I think this is the last chance ASH will get to play at England's ground so he better make it happen atleast once ... who knows the next time we will come to visit :S

Imtiazk
June 4, 2010, 04:17 AM
I am off to Old Trafford now having stayed overnight at a hotel about 25 miles south of Manchester. The weather is goooooooooooooooood.

Imtiazk
June 4, 2010, 04:20 AM
Tamim nai :sigh:.........why Razzaq? :head:....ei match 5th day te jabe na :100: % sure :mad:

Why are you saying TIK is not playing ? As of last night 10pm the team was as I put up on BC.

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:32 AM
England won the toss & batting. :(:head:

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 04:33 AM
shahzad in for England for bresnan

magic boy
June 4, 2010, 04:34 AM
:( boring

Nadim
Ajmal S making debut for England...bowling AR.

Bangladesh have 2 changes: Shafiul in for Robiul.......and Razzak for Rubel:head:

al-Sagar
oh no ... england are batting in the sunshine again .....

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:35 AM
Rzzak will destroy England today:floor: Well done JS:mad:

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:36 AM
oh no ... england are batting in the sunshine again .....

and guess wat?

light rain tomorrow and heavy rain on sunday(when we r likely to bat) :(

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 04:37 AM
Ajmal S making debut for England...bowling AR.

Bangladesh have 2 changes: Shafiul in for Robiul.......and Razzak for Rubel:head:

Bhai, that wall is too smal to show your/our frustration at this selection. :hairpull:

SO Tamim will play? I thought he was in pain from landing on that ball, and himself did not want to play?

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 04:38 AM
so lets see what diff shafi anf raj can make

Miraz
June 4, 2010, 04:39 AM
Poor move to replace Rubel by Razzak. Bowling will look even more ordinalry with Razzak. He will give at least one boundary ball in every over.

We lost the match at Toss.

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:39 AM
that's great too :D

apnar magic o Razzak ke playing XI thike dure rakhte parlona? :(

Miraz
June 4, 2010, 04:40 AM
Have to follow todays action from work. Any reliable link?

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 04:40 AM
and guess wat?

light rain tomorrow and heavy rain on sunday(when we r likely to bat) :(

Great!! Now we're screwed again.

Unless somehow we get them allout within the 1st hour tomorrow, then I'm sure its not a big issue. It can affect the middle order as much as it wants, I dont care.

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:42 AM
Have to follow todays action from work. Any reliable link?

http://footballstreams.tv/watch_1.php

SkySports

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 04:43 AM
17 mins to go

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:44 AM
"I was a bit confused whether we would have batted or bowled," admits Shakib

Haire captain...:head:

I bet he would have bowl first...

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 04:46 AM
Poor move to replace Rubel by Razzak. Bowling will look even more ordinalry with Razzak. He will give at least one boundary ball in every over.

We lost the match at Toss.

Sakib will change Shahadat after 3 overs going for 16, and then Razzak will bowl a spell of 20-2-82-0. At the end of the day, he will be like "our pace bowlers were really disappointing today" with blessing from Jamie.

dolcevita
Ashrafool is Still here...

sharjilh
i dont think itll be that bad bowling first.

Hoping for another really exciting match :)

Predicting 5 wickets from Shakib and a century from either Ashraful or Tamim :D

Zeeshan
June 4, 2010, 04:47 AM
England batting...

See ya guys after 500 runs.

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 04:48 AM
13 m in to go and we start watching our bowlers get bashed .... or ....

sharjilh
June 4, 2010, 04:50 AM
hopefully strauss goes early like in the 1st innings, he looked like he came back to form in the 2nd innings :S

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 04:51 AM
hopefully strauss goes early like in the 1st innings, he looked like he came back to form in the 2nd innings :S

Check the score again. Struss scored 89 in the first innings.

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 04:51 AM
Eng will bat for two days. Razzak's bowling analysis 50-0-250-0.

C'mon Lalla!

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 04:52 AM
"I was a bit confused whether we would have batted or bowled," admits Shakib

Haire captain...:head:

I bet he would have bowl first...

Shakib the "Confused" captain.

rahat90
June 4, 2010, 04:57 AM
we will do good bowling performance today
england 297 - 8 close of play

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 04:59 AM
cook ans strauss in for some tonking

rahat90
June 4, 2010, 05:00 AM
whats happened in dhaka? what fire?

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 05:00 AM
Eng will bat for two days. Razzak's bowling analysis 50-0-250-0.

C'mon Lalla!

No, his figures will be like 40-3-150-2 (KP and Ahmed Shahzad)....and sakib and Jamie will be merrily justifying his inclusion by repeatedly pointing to those figures.

Even if he goes at three an over, he's still useless, coz it'll be 3/over without taking any form of risks. Sakib and Jamie might think a slower runrate might help us in achieving a draw, but I don't.

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:01 AM
Short from Shahadat!

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 05:02 AM
Shahdat bowling super fastttttttttttttt.......:mad:

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:02 AM
finn is happy .......

he is not bowling in sun shine

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:03 AM
big grunt and 79.1 mph from sharadat

rahat90
i hope some1 slaps shahadat, make him angry
then he will bowl fast

Puck
Since England is batting first and the weather forecast is good for the first two days, it is already an uphill struggle for Bangladesh. I delayed voting on the thread poll until the toss was decided.

rahat90
June 4, 2010, 05:05 AM
good last ball, a little bit of swing there

rahat90
cmon shafiul!!

al-Sagar
shafiul ...... not raj to open with rajib

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 05:06 AM
Shafi might be our hero in this match with the ball.

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:07 AM
just hope shafiul avoids that boundary ball

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:07 AM
Bowl full Shafi!

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:08 AM
good line so far and maiden

needs to adjust the length a bit

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:10 AM
rajib bowls on the pads and flicked for :four:

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:10 AM
shafiul ...... not raj to open with rajib

I think the captain is very confused ;)

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:11 AM
pitched up and driven for :four:

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:12 AM
Decent crowd. BD has pulling power.

Nice shot. Keep it full though.

Nadim
Shahdat's pace in this pitch will only help the batsman to score RUNS. nothing else...

Puck
Bumble just said, 'Shahadat, so much effort but so little pace!'

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:13 AM
9-0 after 3

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:14 AM
Jimmy was bowling much faster than this in the match against Surrey. So, he decided to be the mighty-grunting-but-half-the-Sharapova again!

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:15 AM
Decent crowd. BD has pulling power.

Nice shot. Keep it full though.

50% of them has pulled by tamim

fishyguy
Shahadats pace will always hinder him from being a real threat. Plus the obvious lack of control won't help here. He barely breaks 78 mph. He may have gotten 5 in the last but as soon as BD get someone better he will be forgotten.

rahat90
why is everything hitting the middle of the bat???

nahaz
June 4, 2010, 05:16 AM
Bumble just said, 'Shahadat, so much effort but so little pace!'

Shahadat should have an earpiece listening to the commentary when he bowls..then everytime he bowls crap he'll get fired up by the comments from the box...

Why could't another pacer play?Rubel would've been faster openeing bowler, and Alam could've been more accurate.

al-Sagar
shafi round the wicket

nannu
bd players wearing black strip 4 the fire incident in old dhaka

chol_bd123
June 4, 2010, 05:17 AM
wtf was shahdat doing? Shafiul is bowling much better. if only he was taller....

Nadim
Mushy ar ektu lomba hoile :four: ta save korte parto....kopal shob, ar ki!

al-Sagar
why is everything hitting the middle of the bat???

because its sunshine. pitch is good. no venom from BD bowlers.

chol_bd123
June 4, 2010, 05:18 AM
see, Shafiul always has one bad ball per over

fishyguy
June 4, 2010, 05:18 AM
Shahadat hasn't convinced anyone about his ability after the 5 wicket hall. The guy bowls at 125 km/hr cant even break 130 km/hr so sad

nannu
June 4, 2010, 05:19 AM
shhadat is good with the old ball

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:19 AM
good half over by rajib

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:20 AM
Sharadat just broke the 80 mph barrier.

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:20 AM
OLD TOILET is getting renovated.

sory old trafford

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:21 AM
oh that ball was not that bad..... but good shot by Strauss

BanCricFan
June 4, 2010, 05:21 AM
Sharadat bowling crap.

Nadim
June 4, 2010, 05:22 AM
Sharadat bowling crap.

I order u to remove him from ur fav. player list.

lol

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:23 AM
again flicked for :four:

this time of shafi

chol_bd123
June 4, 2010, 05:24 AM
wtf? i remember Shahadat bowled in the low 80s against India in those tests. the top speed was probably 85mph. why is he bowling at 76 mph now?

fishyguy
Its gonna be spin REALLY soon

BanCricFan
Its gonna be long long two days of hard toil.

habfreak
Shahadats pace will always hinder him from being a real threat. Plus the obvious lack of control won't help here. He barely breaks 78 mph. He may have gotten 5 in the last but as soon as BD get someone better he will be forgotten.
I agree with this. As soon as Bangladesh has a pacer of the next level who has the same kind of aggression as Shahadat...he will be replaced. Much like Hasibul Hossain Shanto was replaced when Mashrafe emerged to take Bangladeshi pace attack to a new level. But Shanto has been remembered over guys like Saiful or Anisur Rehman for his positive attitude. Similarly Shahadat will be replaced but still remembered over guys like Taposh or Rasel; as the only one from his generation that was not afraid to look the opponent in the eye.

akabir77
Anyone knows why bd wearing black band?

Nadim
Shakib gone defensive already. Bah! Great captaincy shak

:head:

chol_bd123
I dont get it. What kind of pitch is supposed to help our fast bowlers. They cant move the ball in CTG or Dhaka or Lords or this place

al-Sagar
shakib already starting to get defensive

nannu
June 4, 2010, 05:26 AM
going to be a huge score.. tiring bd players.. test is allready a dead match

Rabz
Ah...seems like we are in for a long long day...

Equinox
Pitch is looking pretty flat which is good news for us. I guess it will be a turner then. Would have been ideal if we could bat first.

fishyguy
June 4, 2010, 05:27 AM
Rubel was impressive with old ball in BD with reverse swing. He should be in the team and bowl with the old ball. They should never play Razzak but it is understandable after the horrendous display in the last game

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:28 AM
I agree with this. As soon as Bangladesh has a pacer of the next level who has the same kind of aggression as Shahadat...he will be replaced. Much like Hasibul Hossain Shanto was replaced when Mashrafe emerged to take Bangladeshi pace attack to a new level. But Shanto has been remembered over guys like Saiful or Anisur Rehman for his positive attitude. Similarly Shahadat will be replaced but still remembered over guys like Taposh or Rasel; as the only one from his generation that was not afraid to look the opponent in the eye.

shanto could have served us more .... he lost his rythm and form after that injury .... when one of the elahi brothers hit him

Equinox
For the victims of the fire in Old Dhaka.

BanCricFan
I order u to remove him from ur fav. player list.

lol

Dismiss Sharadat at your own peril!

He is just waiting for the ball to lose its shine ;)

Equinox
June 4, 2010, 05:29 AM
Why are they bowling over the wicket? Beshi chalak...

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:30 AM

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_06_04/content_zoom/2010_06_04_1_3_b.jpg

habfreak
Watch for Shakib to bring on a spinner soon. and it's barely been 30 minutes into the test match.

simon
Shahadat has no control.

Nadim
Mar Struss mar :four::four::four:

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:31 AM
get ready for spin ....

BanCricFan
Sharadat being raped here!

fishyguy
This is disastrous from shadat.

Rabz
Not looking good for shahadat too...

Nadim
Shahdat: 4-0-25-0

And this is a test match.

cricket_king
Man Shahadat is freaking CRAP. To think, this guy was our best bowler last test. Sad.

chol_bd123
June 4, 2010, 05:32 AM
Shakib gone defensive already. Bah! Great captaincy shak

:head:

no, not really. If the ball isnt beating the bat, it makes no sense to put 4 slips. then the batsmen will go on to make a lot of runs. U arent smarter than Shakib

Nadim
7 ball over it was....

BanCricFan
and form after that injury .... when one of the elahi brothers hit him

You mean GBH?

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:33 AM
i think thats the end of shahadats first spell

fishyguy
June 4, 2010, 05:33 AM
Shafiul looks the best of the lot so far as he has both pace and control. Imagine having two shafiuls!

habfreak
June 4, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well seems like the bad Shahadat showed up. soon it will be boring slow left arm spin from both sides. time for me to go back to bed lol.

Rabz
Shafi generats some good pace...
87kms....

Equinox
What a bouncer from Shuhash! And this guy was dropped to accommodate Robiul.

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:35 AM
its a pity we aint batting now

M.H.Rubel
7 ball over it was....

Why 7 ball over?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BanCricFan
Why doesnt Jimmy start bowling spin? His night watchman batsmanship will be a bonus. Just a thought.

Rabz
June 4, 2010, 05:36 AM
good bowling by Shafi...
good length and line...

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:36 AM
good over from shafiul.

Rabz
June 4, 2010, 05:37 AM
Riyad in ..just 9th over..
Some pace bowling we have...

al-Sagar
mahmudullah in ....

simon
so,Ryad in.

Equinox
I think Shakib is actually doing a good job with the field this time around. It's funny jara mathcher age shobcheye beshi lafalafi kore the supposedly confident and "optimistic" members, they are the first ones to turn against the team when the match starts. Either lower your expectations or calm down and be patient.

al-Sagar
June 4, 2010, 05:38 AM
good bowling by Shafi...
good length and line...

line ok ...

nut length still about 12-18 inch short