PDA

View Full Version : Squad for Asia Cup Announced!

Murad
June 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Jahurul Islam, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Naeem Islam, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Suhrawadi Shuvo

Cricinfo (http://www.cricinfo.com/asia2010/content/current/story/462484.html)

Good to see my man Rasel in the squad after a long long time. :)

I wonder what Junaid doing in ODI squad? Shuvo is a good FC spinner but he gets selected for ODs. :sigh:

mishu
June 9, 2010, 10:41 AM
Good selection, except Ash..

AsifTheManRahman
June 9, 2010, 10:49 AM
My XI for the first game:

1. Iqbal T
2. Kayes I
3. Rahim M
4. Hasan S
5. Ullah M
6. Islam N
7. Shuvo S
8. Mortaza M
9. Razzak A
10. Rasel S
11. Islam S

Imteaz
June 9, 2010, 10:54 AM
If result is good than everything is good, If result is bad than everything is bad. Can we expect something more than few individual performances from this team? Hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Bangladesh :up:

AK420
June 9, 2010, 10:59 AM
What in the world is Naeem, Rubel and MS Shuvo doing there?

AK420
June 9, 2010, 11:01 AM
My XI:

Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
Jahurul
Mushy
Mahmudullah Riad
Shakib
Mashrafee
Rasel
Razzaq
Shafiul

12th man: The foool

AK420
June 9, 2010, 11:03 AM
I cannot except this, I had expected this to be the turning point for the career of Kapali, SR Shuvo or Nazim:mad:

AK420
June 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
This aint fair, this is a good team in terms of bowling but not in terms of batting. We need good sloggers and Shak, Baikka and Riad are poor sloggers. I prefer Aftab, SR or perhaps even Kapali over these three in terms of slogging

Miraz
June 9, 2010, 11:17 AM
Ashraful is having a free ride in the national team. I think he will enjoy this ride until 2011 world cup and will do as much harm as possible to the national team before being dumped out for good by a new coach.

Nadim
June 9, 2010, 11:24 AM
My XI for the first game against India:

1) Kuba Shamsu Tamim Iqbal
2) Nayok Imrul Kayes
3) Sir Mohammad Ashraful
4) Mullah Riyad
5) Picchi Mushy
6) Boss man Shakib Al Hasan
7) Chokka Nayeem
8) Mamu Mashrafi
9) Shutki mach Shafiul
10) Lalla Razzak
11) Bechara Rassel

Some one need to tell shakib that Syed Rassel should finish his 10 in his first spell. He is like mua bowler for the batsman in the slog overs.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Imteaz
June 9, 2010, 11:55 AM
And if his economy is 7+ in first spell? :)

riankhan
June 9, 2010, 12:07 PM

2) Nayok Imrul Kayes
3) Sir Mohammad Ashraful
4) Mullah Riyad
5) Picchi Mushy

Can you replace Sir Ash with Samsu (the real one)........pls pls pilis...

al-Sagar
June 9, 2010, 12:13 PM
This aint fair, this is a good team in terms of bowling but not in terms of batting. We need good sloggers and Shak, Baikka and Riad are poor sloggers. I prefer Aftab, SR or perhaps even Kapali over these three in terms of slogging

u forgot to complain abiut night watchmen

MohammedC
June 9, 2010, 12:15 PM
Srilankan have dropped Jayasuriya and Ajanta Mendis. Murali is back

Baundule
June 9, 2010, 12:16 PM
We suck more in the planning and execution of that plan than selecting the squad. In the World T20 we got ourselves in winning positions and then gave it away.

The squad is good; each and every one in the squad has the ability to play well, no matter how the Buchanan v2.0 thinks. Whatever be the final XI, they have to play their team roles with perfection; otherwise another disappointment is awaiting.

ahnaf
June 9, 2010, 12:17 PM

2) Nayok Imrul Kayes
3) Sir Mohammad Ashraful
4) Mullah Riyad
5) Picchi Mushy
7) Chokka Nayeem
8) Mamu Mashrafi
9) Shutki mach Shafiul
10) Lalla Razzak
11) Bechara Rassel

Some one need to tell shakib that Syed Rassel should finish his 10 in his first spell. He is like mua bowler for the batsman in the slog overs.

hahaha..good work.. Specially tamim..:p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

godzilla
June 9, 2010, 12:23 PM
Kind of sad to see that ASH is getting a free ticket again when he honestly needs to stay away from the national team for a while to get himself back together. Why waste a spot on him when another player who can atleast add a 30 for the total score. BCB should take note from INDIA on how they dropped YUVRAJ for his poor form despite of him being a international hero with the bat.

magic boy
June 9, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ashraful is having a free ride in the national team. I think he will enjoy this ride until 2011 world cup and will do as much harm as possible to the national team before being dumped out for good by a new coach.

how right you are Miraz bhai:up: agree100%

aklemalp
June 9, 2010, 12:39 PM
i am 21 years old and think i can manage this team,promise you guys that i'll take them into the final and then winning the world cup next year

BanCricFan
June 9, 2010, 12:53 PM

2) Nayok Imrul Kayes
3) Sir Mohammad Ashraful
4) Mullah Riyad
5) Picchi Mushy
7) Chokka Nayeem
8) Mamu Mashrafi
9) Shutki mach Shafiul
10) Lalla Razzak
11) Bechara Rassel

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

I like everything about this post. :D
Batting order is just perfect. Although, I would like to see Rubel in some matches depending on performances of other pacers. Perhaps, the last chance saloon for Sir. Ashdafool.

al Furqaan
June 9, 2010, 12:54 PM
My XI for the first game:

1. Iqbal T
2. Kayes I
3. Rahim M
4. Hasan S
5. Ullah M
6. Islam N
7. Shuvo S
8. Mortaza M
9. Razzak A
10. Rasel S
11. Islam S

i rather like this squad...though i would like to slot ash in at no 7 (i'm not gonna lie). he's been picked, so its like his last chance...he's been a limited overs guy for a while now.

and shafiul should definitely bat ahead of rasel and razzak, and maybe even ahead of mortaza. unless we get the mortaza who hit spinners out of the park and play proper cricketing shots against the medium pacers.

auntu
June 9, 2010, 12:55 PM
Again Ashraful!
Funny selection.

Nafis 1718
June 9, 2010, 01:31 PM
y the heck is ashraful in the squad?alok or nazimuddin cld hav bn bttr.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Nafis 1718
June 9, 2010, 01:32 PM
y the heck is ashraful in the squad?alok or nazimuddin cld hav bn bttr..

shajib14
June 9, 2010, 01:55 PM

I would rather say he will be there as long as rafiqul islam is there. It will always be our ten men against oppositions 11 men until the world cup considering new bunch of selectors appointed. And we have to digest this very hard and unacceptable fact.

Equinox
June 9, 2010, 01:55 PM
Again Test performance influences selection for an ODI squad. I am one of Zunaed's biggest supporters but I feel the ODI drop has done him a world of good. I don't think he is an ODI player and he has done nothing in limited overs cricket since the drop to warrant a call back. In the last few ODIs our lower middle order batsmen Riyad and Naeem failed to accelerate and capitalize on a good start that's why I thought another batsman was needed there. Alok or Nasir. Plus I think Rubel deserved the axe.

My XI:
Tamim
Imrul
Ash
Mushfiq
Shakib
Jahirul
Riyad
Naeem
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Rasel/Razzak (Dambulla pitch doesn't take spin so most probably Rasel)

I'd like to see the gloves being alternated between Mushfiq and Jahirul match by match.

HereWeGo
June 9, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see the gloves being alternated between Mushfiq and Jahirul match by match.

Entire of Mushfique might fit in Jahiruls glove.
On a serious note, not a bad idea...

_Rafi_
June 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
One name in the list makes it tasteless for me

Purbasha T
June 9, 2010, 02:28 PM
And we still keep posting and posting. But those players are yet to give us a win this year. :mad:

Nadim
June 9, 2010, 02:31 PM
from dailystar

"Chopping and changing is not good for a young team and that's why we hardly brought changes in the team. Aftab was dropped because he was not performing well and most importantly he was supposed to play a few matches for the A team but he didn't appear and we don't know the reason behind it," said Rafiqul.

im so glad this modon aftab is dropped. i pray to allah this modon will never play for bd again. loser.:mad:

Rabz
June 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
Usual squad.
Thought kapali should have been given another chance.

rinathq
June 9, 2010, 03:13 PM
this was a mistake in my opinion,
They shouldve rested Tamim for his injury as well as Sakib seeing Asia Cup is no big deal and other teams are also resting their main players. We need both of them to be fit for future tours. Nazimuddin couldve got a chance in place of Tamim and Kapali in place of Sakib. I dunno why they included Shuvo seeing there is no need for more spinners in the team. Good to see Rasel back though. He has been pretty effective so far. And ash.......he is alright because he is gud at Srilankan grounds. lathough Aftab's ave is higher than most of the players he was excluded. Dissapointed with that.

wiseshah
June 9, 2010, 03:24 PM
there is no benefit of selecting team, outcome will be same. losing all three matches with some competition and some not. atlast, people will say--BD is a garbage team and no hope at all

still, we fan are hopeful, may be some one will bring some luck. my squad

tamim
kayes/junaed
jahurul/mushfiq
riad
sakib
ashraful/junaed
naeem
mashrafe
shuvo
shafiul
razzaq/rasel/rubel

nycpro96
June 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
Tamim
Imrul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Jahurul
Riyad
Naeem
Mash
Razzak
Rasel
Shafiul

dolcevita
June 9, 2010, 03:27 PM
What this fool ashsagol still doing here : he is the bad example for all BD youngs cricketers : no need to perform no need to improve your skill
you have a lifetime spot thank to your talent and achivment 1000 days ago
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Dilscoop
June 9, 2010, 04:27 PM
So they just drop Robiul? And what does that do to his confidence? And why play him in Eng over Shafiul. Took him there, great. Just bench him like Alam. Get used to the weather. Feel what's it like to be around national team. And bring him down and play him at more known condition, Asia Cup - Sri Lanka. He shouldnt have made the 11, over senior-ish players, like Alam and Shafiul.

Ashrful is done..why is he still there.

Other then that, I am happy with the selection.

Dilscoop
June 9, 2010, 04:29 PM
And should've rest Tamim. He doesn't need to play worthless junk like this. No one outside of Subcon. knows or follows this. And Tamim is already very known here. He has to shoot outside of it.

He did earn some fans in Aus, and WI-Zims and now Eng. He has to do well vs SA and NZ now..

bdtiger
June 9, 2010, 04:35 PM
The Gordhov is still in the team! (It was expected though)
And I am tired of watching all the loosers (except TI) playing.
Being a part of it makes me down. But I have no choice.
I will start over...again and again and the cycle of oshommanjonok porajoy will continue...(forever?)

akabir77
June 9, 2010, 04:59 PM
I like the team. I also like the ash factor in there... I like how he gets out...

nycpro96
June 9, 2010, 05:11 PM
I really don't like how Robiul got treated. I don't know why he was in the team anyway but if you're gonna debut him in a test match at Lord's, why did you just drop him from the squad just like that?

al Furqaan
June 9, 2010, 05:44 PM
i am backing the selection of ashraful...this is his laaaaaaaaast chance.

aftab seems to have quit, i guess the last remaining part of the AAA battery is about to be tested out.

at any rate, ashraful is no longer the centerpiece of the side, lets see what happens. he doesn't look as clueless in the one format where he can work the ball around and doesn't have to try and pierce a packed off side, with his uppish drives.

i think BD has an exellent chance of winning some matches this asia cup, and i'll really be disappointed if we don't pull it off.

alibangali
June 9, 2010, 05:46 PM
Ash inclusion not a suprise and dont be suprised if he is in the final 11.

mishu
June 9, 2010, 05:56 PM
this was a mistake in my opinion,
They shouldve rested Tamim for his injury as well as Sakib seeing Asia Cup is no big deal and other teams are also resting their main players. We need both of them to be fit for future tours. Nazimuddin couldve got a chance in place of Tamim and Kapali in place of Sakib. I dunno why they included Shuvo seeing there is no need for more spinners in the team. Good to see Rasel back though. He has been pretty effective so far. And ash.......he is alright because he is gud at Srilankan grounds. lathough Aftab's ave is higher than most of the players he was excluded. Dissapointed with that.

Brother.. every game matters,,, other countries can afford to rest their players but we can't.... we need to win games so that we can advance in ranking, and if other teams are resting their players, its good news for us,, we can win..

nycpro96
June 9, 2010, 05:57 PM
If Ashraful is in the XI, he should bat down the order and punish the bowlers during the batting PP. Naeem should take his spot up the order.

Murad
June 9, 2010, 06:55 PM
So they just drop Robiul? And what does that do to his confidence? And why play him in Eng over Shafiul. Took him there, great. Just bench him like Alam. Get used to the weather. Feel what's it like to be around national team. And bring him down and play him at more known condition, Asia Cup - Sri Lanka. He shouldnt have made the 11, over senior-ish players, like Alam and Shafiul.

I really don't like how Robiul got treated. I don't know why he was in the team anyway but if you're gonna debut him in a test match at Lord's, why did you just drop him from the squad just like that?

Why are you guys so disappointed? This is a OD squad. Not TEST. :timeout:

deshifan
June 9, 2010, 06:59 PM
Ashraful might come back hard with a splendid knock; just my intuition :D

Catskills
June 9, 2010, 07:02 PM
Very good selection except Ashraful.

nahaz
June 9, 2010, 07:41 PM
Good selection, except Ash..

I think he's in since he's in the plans for the WC...Ashraful hasn't done too badly in ODIs and T20 in the last few innings..he scored 75 in a ODI against Lanka 7 innings ago. He also scored a fifty in the last T20 raising hopes of an upset. And he can still be out of the XI if Jamie chooses to do so.

I do not see much point in playing tamim. He's injured, taking painkillers. He should be rested. Why are we taking the risk that he'd get injured for a long time b4 the worldcup?

Shuvogoto Hom and Nazimuddin would be the only players outside the squad who I think could have been selected. Wonder how many pacers we'll play per match?

Gowza
June 9, 2010, 08:29 PM
should move on from ash and focus on building a better team for the future imo, he's experienced but it's pointless experience....shuvagoto, subashis should have been picked, need to get them ready for the WC, as well as anyone else who is in the selectors thoughts like maybe alauddin babu, shabbir, nur, shaker, mahmudul, marshall, shamsur etc they should be bringing in players now to have them ready. also think sajidul is worth developing personally. of course they can't bring them all in at once, and they should have started this already but they it's something they need to do.

nycpro96
June 9, 2010, 08:39 PM
Nazim deserved a chance. He played really well and has experience with the team already. These sort of tournaments (subcontinent) is when we should try some new guys.

Tiger444
June 9, 2010, 08:46 PM
Good selection overall and it was what I expected..thank god aftab is not there..seems like it is the end of him as well..wonder why he didnt bother to play A team? Maybe he feels 2 good for A team level? Think its best either way 2 part ways..we need real batsmen, not tailenders like aftab..people are upset about ash being there and rightly so..but I realize the selectors will always want ash in the mix so not surprised..any good runs he scores is a bonus for us..would like 2 see zunaed play at #3..if he can score at #3 for ODIs as well then we could be a very dangerous outfit..

Ajfar
June 9, 2010, 09:48 PM
I think he's in since he's in the plans for the WC...Ashraful hasn't done too badly in ODIs and T20 in the last few innings..he scored 75 in a ODI against Lanka 7 innings ago. He also scored a fifty in the last T20 raising hopes of an upset. And he can still be out of the XI if Jamie chooses to do so.

Just because he is in the plans for WC that doesn't justify his inclusion in the squad. Come January 2011 when its time to declare the world cup squad he will still be in the plans for WC. does that mean he should get selected even after being in horrible form? hasn't done too badly? do you know what he scored since that 75. 29, 13, 4, 5, 1, 31. If that's not badly for a guy who has been playing ODI for 10 years and already played 159 ODI's, than what is?

roman
June 9, 2010, 09:49 PM
i dont understand why are we taking so much risk with Tamim. He could have been given a well deserved rest. i want to see a well rested and fit Tamim for the world cup. I have no expectation for this tournament. I just hope that we dont get humiliated.....

roman
June 9, 2010, 09:51 PM
Just because he is in the plans for WC that doesn't justify his inclusion in the squad. Come January 2011 when its time to declare the world cup squad he will still be in the plans for WC. does that mean he should get selected even after being in horrible form? hasn't done too badly? do you know what he scored since that 75. 29, 13, 4, 5, 1, 31. If that's not badly for a guy who has been playing ODI for 10 years and already played 159 ODI's, than what is?

bro no matter who you bring or who you drop, the result will still be the same. We are no where near the standards of India, Pakistan or Srilanka. I know truth hurts....

Tiger444
June 9, 2010, 10:01 PM

Its really time for getting rid of ash..its been awhile since shouldve gotten rid of him but now its extremely obvious that ash will always avg a 22..why not give players like nazim:-Dddin, The Rok, shuvogoto, marshal and shamsur more chances? These guys I can guarantee give more consistency for us then ash ever will..

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2010, 10:05 PM
I can't imagine what type of thinking these selectors do day and night. I can understand R Alam a little aloof but Akram Khan??? In what logic you choose Ashraful?

This only spells one thing clear and loud.

The selectors have no faith on any players in the squad. That is why they think Ashraful will produce one magical innings (which he is not capable of any more) and save their face. Hence his inclusion.

I can't think of any other reason for an off-form player hogging up one of the most important slot in the lineup. His out puts more pressure for those who come after him. They did the same thing with Aftab and finally had to drop him. Their argument of there isn't any better player is just pure ignorance. Shamsur Rahman, Nazimuddin, even Shahriar Nafees would be a better replacement. Where did Jaharul come from? Riyad? Naeem? Imrul? Junaed? All are performing better than Ashraful.

The selectors needs to read my signature and understand his form.

Catskills
June 9, 2010, 10:28 PM
Lets groom Nasir hossain, Sabbir and Suvogo Hom to replace whoever do not perform well. I think they are almost ready and should be selected in near future.

Ajfar
June 9, 2010, 11:21 PM
bro no matter who you bring or who you drop, the result will still be the same.

I'm not talking about the result i'm talking about performance. You perform you get selected, you don't perform you don't get selected. simple as that. And its about time this clown stops getting free rides. I used to like the guy, and I still do but these stupid selectors are making it worse for him as well as the team.

al-Sagar
June 9, 2010, 11:30 PM
ok, whoever got selected let them justify their places.

al-Sagar
June 9, 2010, 11:35 PM
probable best 11

tamim
imrul
ashraful
mushfiq
riadh
shakib
naeem
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul
rasel

wiseshah
June 9, 2010, 11:42 PM

He was selected for test team, not for ODI team. so he is not dropped. if we have better option than him, why to use him? anyway team combo is first priority.

wiseshah
June 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
again, ash should be out of test team. i think we still need his Eid innings for ODI and 20/20, in 20/20 he could be a real asset.anyway he should bat much lower order. he should play like a slogger.

nahaz
June 10, 2010, 01:24 AM

I make the point that there is no point dropping him now and then the team failing for next two series and then the selectors picking him again. You know that's what will happen, since we do not have stellar performers ready-made here. So you might as well keep him in match practice. If he does bad in the Asia Cup you can easily drop him for England series and bring Shuvo or Nazim. I think anyone would need a few months. I'd have selected one of them, maybe Nazim, instead of Junaed. Since West Indies tour, Junaed's scores are 21, 27, 38, 0, 23, 5, 8, 19, 0.

Naeem has also been pretty useless...He got only a 43 (81) since his 73* against Zimbabwe 10 innings ago. He is not being utilised, and is useless in current conditions, unless he is to replace razzak.

Razzak is pretty useless. I know he's a spinner, but he just gets walloped all the time, esp. by Asian teams, so I'd trust Naeem's bowling more.

I'm just trying to point out the fact that many people in our team hardly ever contribute to the team in a big way, not just Ash. If you want to drop him, have the balls to drop him for a long time no matter what happens to the team, not just a series or two. If you pick Shuvogot Hom, pick him with the WC in mind, not because you feel like trying a new toy.

Thank you.

jisaan
June 10, 2010, 01:26 AM
Where is NASIR?

We need to nurture a few back-ups for WC.
Hence i would've loved to see Nasir in the team. Don't know what prevents such a utility player going unnoticed.

Have they chalked out any paritcular formula /formation for our World Cup campaign??? i hv substantial doubt.

Gowza
June 10, 2010, 01:44 AM
at least they are finally picking shuvo regularly even if it is only as a squad member, now we don't ened razzak kanymore since he's really not that effective and we have shakib, riyad, naeem and shuvo in the squad. if riyad and naeem were being used mainly as batsmen then that's possibly fair game but they're played as allrounders, mostly bowling allrounders, we don't need that many spinners....

Bikhari
June 10, 2010, 03:37 AM
Perhaps BCB don't want to debut anyone until World Cup.

AK420
June 10, 2010, 04:41 AM
u forgot to complain abiut night watchmen

Comeon man, Ash is THE BEST NIGHTWATCHMEN we have. Even Shafiul can better than him:D

Plus, he is a better bowler than Riad and Naeem;)

AK420
June 10, 2010, 04:43 AM
We should have only 7 bowlers in the team, even if that means having bowler Ashraful

AK420
June 10, 2010, 04:45 AM
We dont need any debutants, only Shafiul has shown some promise and the others have failed badly.:(

Look at Jahurul, he averages 19 in test:mad:

SR Shuvo was not even picked in the XI, and Robiul and MS Shuvo were blockbuster flop

M.H.Rubel
June 10, 2010, 05:07 AM
I expected Nazimuddin in the team.Any way its a good team.Surprised to see Junaid there.Best wishes Team Bangladesh.

simon
June 10, 2010, 05:24 AM
I wan't to see JAhurul instead of Junaid.
And don't want to see 3 lest arm spinner together,(Sakib,Rzzq,Shuvo),hope either Rzzq or Suvo at a time.

patriot
June 10, 2010, 06:39 AM
I want Ashraful in every ODI till 2019 World Cup irrespective of his performance . I would rather wait every year to see his ONE magical innings than see players like shuvo , muvo ,duvo coming and bowling medicore off spinners and scoring 10-15 odd runs.

So good decision by the selectors to pick him up . We are not Australia , that we have 10 Tamim Iqbals and 10 Shakib's on our bench .

Naimul_Hd
June 10, 2010, 06:45 AM

i m really eagerly waiting for that time !!!! :smug:

cricket_king
June 10, 2010, 07:25 AM
I want Ashraful in every ODI till 2019 World Cup irrespective of his performance . I would rather wait every year to see his ONE magical innings than see players like shuvo , muvo ,duvo coming and bowling medicore off spinners and scoring 10-15 odd runs.

So good decision by the selectors to pick him up . We are not Australia , that we have 10 Tamim Iqbals and 10 Shakib's on our bench .

Amen brother. This guy knows what he's on about. :up: :flag:

crikss
June 10, 2010, 08:00 AM
I think Ashraful paid good amount of money to selectors...otherwise its almost impossible for a player like him to get a spot..when in domestic a few players are playing consistently

lamisa
June 10, 2010, 08:05 AM
from dailystar

"Chopping and changing is not good for a young team and that's why we hardly brought changes in the team. Aftab was dropped because he was not performing well and most importantly he was supposed to play a few matches for the A team but he didn't appear and we don't know the reason behind it," said Rafiqul.

im so glad this modon aftab is dropped. i pray to allah this modon will never play for bd again. loser.:mad:

even ashraful has not been performing well.then y doesn't he get the sack?

lamisa
June 10, 2010, 08:23 AM

Ditto!I just don't get our selection at all.Ashrafulre barbar team e khelanor mane ki?

lamisa
June 10, 2010, 08:35 AM
Tamim
Imrul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Jahurul
Riyad
Naeem
Mash
Razzak
Rasel
Shafiul

i like ur team(xecept shuvo insteadof razzak) but i don't like the order.in my opinion,it would be better if the order was
Tamim
Imrul
Mushfiq
Jahurul
Riyad
Shakib
Naeem
Shuvo
Shafiul
Mash
Rasel

rudro
June 10, 2010, 08:46 AM
The excuse behind including Ashraful so far has been that there is no alternative out there. Excuse me honorable selectors and coach! With Ashraful's average , I can possibly name 10 other bowlers who can perform similarly with bat (yes bowlers, not batsmen) from last NCL. I am sure, you will say ODI and 4-dayers are not same, but there was no ODI at NCL last time, so I can't give stats for that.

<table class="engineTable"><caption>Most runs</caption> <thead> <tr class="head"> <th title="player name" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Player</th> <th title="matches played" class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="innings batted" nowrap="nowrap">Inns</th> <th title="not outs" nowrap="nowrap">NO</th> <th title="runs scored" nowrap="nowrap">Runs</th> <th title="highest inns score" class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="batting average" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="balls faced" nowrap="nowrap">BF</th> <th title="batting strike rate" nowrap="nowrap">SR</th> <th title="hundreds scored" nowrap="nowrap">100</th> <th title="fifties scored" nowrap="nowrap">50</th> <th title="ducks scored" nowrap="nowrap">0</th> <th title="boundary fours" nowrap="nowrap">4s</th> <th title="boundary sixes" nowrap="nowrap">6s</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Jahurul Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55944.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">965</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">139</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">68.92</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1825</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">52.87</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">130</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Faisal Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55889.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">880</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">154</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">58.66</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1207</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">72.90</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">99</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">24</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Farhad Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55895.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">797</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">159</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">56.92</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1591</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.09</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">97</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nazimuddin (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56059.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">613</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">205</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47.15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1089</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">56.29</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">82</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shuvagoto Hom (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/402992.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">12</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">601</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">166*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">60.10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">999</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">60.16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">81</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Gazi Salahuddin (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55904.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">565</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">88</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">37.66</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1025</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">55.12</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">78</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Anisur Rahman (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56253.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">441</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">151*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">44.10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">727</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">60.66</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">53</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Saghir Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56158.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">428</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">79</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">32.92</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">854</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">58</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Marshall Ayub (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/228349.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">427</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">72</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">30.50</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">846</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.47</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">53</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Arman Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/281791.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">412</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">97</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29.42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">753</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">54.71</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">48</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Habibul Bashar (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55906.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">396</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">103</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">56.57</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">660</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">60.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">64</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Taposh Ghosh (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/269238.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">381</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">150*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47.62</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">962</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">39.60</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tushar Imran (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56186.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">380</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">109</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">38.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">758</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.13</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">59</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shamsur Rahman (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56154.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">372</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">134</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">31.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">650</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">57.23</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">34</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nasir Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/300618.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">343</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">122</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">38.11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">578</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">59.34</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">49</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Sabbir Rahman (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/401826.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">341</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">100*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">48.71</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">670</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.89</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nizamuddin (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56050.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">337</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">65</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">25.92</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">951</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">35.43</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">36</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Dhiman Ghosh (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56208.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">306</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">66*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">34.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">601</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">50.91</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">36</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Elias Sunny (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55883.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">306</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">51</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">20.40</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">718</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42.61</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">36</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Khaled Mashud (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55954.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">304</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">78</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">33.77</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1003</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">30.30</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">39</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Rajin Saleh (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56074.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">292</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">112</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">32.44</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">648</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">45.06</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Sylhet Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Suhrawadi Shuvo (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56138.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">291</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">151</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">36.37</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">669</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">43.49</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mahbubul Karim (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56021.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">290</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">85</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">19.33</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">636</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">45.59</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">35</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nazmus Sadat (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56061.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">280</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">75</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">20.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">388</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">72.16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">49</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Uttam Sarkar (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/236237.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">12</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">269</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">73</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">26.90</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">581</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">46.29</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">43</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Asif Ahmed (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/400585.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">258</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">121</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">64.50</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">445</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">57.97</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">35</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Barisal Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Alok Kapali (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56251.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">250</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">66</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">25.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">351</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">71.22</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">34</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Sylhet Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Fazle Mahmud (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55893.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">242</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">95</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">30.25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">431</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">56.14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">32</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Barisal Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mehrab Hossain jnr (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56031.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">239</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">101</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">26.55</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">571</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">41.85</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Farhad Reza (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55894.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">234</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">66</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">33.42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">442</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">52.94</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">32</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Golam Mabud (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55901.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">230</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">48</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">28.75</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">486</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47.32</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">27</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Sylhet Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Amit Majumder (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/332412.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">227</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">68</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">25.22</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">485</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">46.80</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">37</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nadimuddin (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/281183.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">226</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">147</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">45.20</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">497</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">45.47</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">27</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Syed Rasel (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56160.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">226</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">54</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">28.25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">289</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">78.20</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">33</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nadif Chowdhury (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56053.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">217</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">48</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18.08</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">536</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">40.48</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">24</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shahriar Nafees (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56153.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">211</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">83</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42.20</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">256</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">82.42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">32</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Barisal Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mohammad Sharif (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55986.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">203</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">50</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18.45</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">427</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47.54</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">19</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Kamrul Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55961.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">197</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">46*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15.15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">419</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">47.01</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">26</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Sharifullah (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/280735.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">194</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">56</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">24.25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">419</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">46.30</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">21</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mithun Ali (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/269237.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">9</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">187</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">62</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">20.77</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">302</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">61.92</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Khulna Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Hannan Sarkar (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55915.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">175</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">59</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29.16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">329</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">53.19</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">24</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Barisal Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Nafees Iqbal (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56064.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">175</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">44</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13.46</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">429</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">40.79</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">19</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mominul Haque (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/373696.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">167</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">82</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">23.85</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">392</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42.60</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Rony Talukder (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/300617.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">158</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">64</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">17.55</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">199</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">79.39</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">28</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Kamrul Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/236235.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">151</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">93</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">21.57</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">307</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">49.18</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">23</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Barisal Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Golam Rahman (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/55902.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">149</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">42</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18.62</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">381</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">39.10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Sylhet Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mosharraf Hossain (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56017.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">137</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">34</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">19.57</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">326</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42.02</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Dhaka Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Maisuqur Rahman (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/445217.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">8</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">132</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">60</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16.50</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">303</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">43.56</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">22</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Sylhet Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Rezaul Karim (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/226513.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">130</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">65*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">26.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">266</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">48.87</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Chittagong Division)</td> </tr> <tr class="data2"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Naeem Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ncl-09/content/player/56054.html)</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">123</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">123*</td> <td class="padDp2" nowrap="nowrap">-</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">192</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">64.06</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">16</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> </tr> <tr class="note"> <td colspan="14">(Rajshahi Division)</td></tr></tbody></table>

beshideshi
June 10, 2010, 08:53 AM
^^ This is what I was thinking, the selectors keep saying there are no alternatives, but our recent finds[i.e. Jahurul] has pointed out that you don't have to be a Bradman to contribute 25-30 runs in a game. There are several alternatives of Ash. Starting from Nazimuddin, Dickens, Farhad hossain etc.

Tiger444
June 10, 2010, 09:42 AM
Its just total bs how selectors say there is no alternative..yes I know we aren't Australia but do we really need a top order batsman that averages 23 in our ODI team? I mean don't get me wrong, I really like Ash and he has scored big for us on a few occasions but him getting selected time and again is getting really annoying..we were doing fine in the england series without him..in fact I thought the team chemistry was a lot better..of course aftab was the weak link so he had to go but having mushfiq at 4 and mahmud at 5 was perfect 4 us..it might be the best idea 2 have zunaed in there but he has improved a great deal and I believe now that he can be a solid #3 for us..its worth giving it a shot..and last reminder..in 2009 ash averaged the 2nd lowest compared to other batsmen and that was a year of the minnows..so people really think that we cannot get another player that averages at least a 23 when given a number of chances?

shakibrulz
June 10, 2010, 09:52 AM
'Yeah, just coz Ashraful used to be a key player doesn't make a good excuse to pick him while he's in horrendous form. We're just wasting 1 spot for him. Give him a break, let him prove himself he want to. Anyways no one can do worse that what he's doing.

AK420
June 10, 2010, 12:12 PM
Well, its true that without Ash, BD would have been an even worser team.

If Ash hadnt taken us to victory against Australia, we would not have retained test status

Also, he is a better batsman it intl T20 than modons like Mushy, Riad, Baikka, Lalla(lol), Mash(Muhahahaha), Shakib, Bhimrul, ....

But still, he is crap for tests

thebest
June 10, 2010, 12:22 PM
Miraz Vai,
can you arrange an interview with the bilai Rafiq. I have one question for him. How much what % of Ashraful's match fee he is getting or does he has secret closet which Ashraful knows. How Ashraful can be in top 8 ODI batsmen in the country. What Dickens did wrong?

shakibrulz
June 10, 2010, 12:22 PM
Well, its true that without Ash, BD would have been an even worser team.

If Ash hadnt taken us to victory against Australia, we would not have retained test status

Also, he is a better batsman it intl T20 than modons like Mushy, Riad, Baikka, Lalla(lol), Mash(Muhahahaha), Shakib, Bhimrul, ....

But still, he is crap for tests

He may be better in T20.. I'm talking about ODI's and Tests here.. He should take a break and youngsters should be played in rotation in his spot.. Also I don't think Junaid Siddique is a good choice for ODI's..

BANFAN
June 10, 2010, 04:50 PM
Need TI, SHAKI, ASH, to fire in the same match, if we want to win.

Dilscoop
June 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
I would pick Dickens just for his name.

bangla-red
June 10, 2010, 05:37 PM
Ashraful's new style sucks anyway, one fifty in the first game off 80 balls isn't good enough anyway.

Eshen
June 10, 2010, 05:47 PM
^^ This is what I was thinking, the selectors keep saying there are no alternatives, but our recent finds[i.e. Jahurul] has pointed out that you don't have to be a Bradman to contribute 25-30 runs in a game.
Problem is that a 25-30 runs innings is unlikely to make any difference what will be the match result. Our current bunch of players under Siddons are conditioned to play for individual glories, not for wins. Ashraful is still the X factor that can make the difference between a defeat and a win.

Ajfar
June 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
Ashraful is still the X factor that can make the difference between a defeat and a win.

No he is not. Ashraful is definitely some one who can be A factor but not the X factor. If you look at both of our last G8 ODI win against NZ and SL. Ashraful had a contribution in both of those games, but his contribution alone didn't win us tlhe game. It was by some one else but Ashraful supported them. So that doesn't make him the X factor. He is definitely someone who can change the game around but it hasn't happened for a long long long long time. so there is no guarantee there will be Eid moon on the sky.

Eshen
June 10, 2010, 06:13 PM
^^ Sy baba, you admitted Ashraful can change the game around, but you still don't think he is the X factor. What am I missing?!

No, he does not provide any guarantee for a win, but chance for a win is still much higher with him in the team than without him.

Ajfar
June 10, 2010, 06:21 PM
^^ Sy baba, you admitted Ashraful can change the game around, but you still don't think he is the X factor. What am I missing?!

No, he does not provide any guarantee for a win, but chance for a win is still much higher with him in the team than without him.

I'm saying he is capable of contributing toward a win. So are others. Even if he fails there are others who can pick up after him. we are way pass the days where he is the only one we can count on.

where have you been Mr. Google. I missed your posts.

Gowza
June 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
tamim, mushy, shakib, riyad and naeem are all capable of changing the match and winning us a game, infact even imrul can do that that (he has got a century afterall all). nowadays anyone is capable of a matching changing/winning performance, just that some are more likely to than others and tbh ash is on the lower half of that list if not on the bottom of it (out of the batsmen/allrounders currently in the team).

Eshen
June 10, 2010, 07:37 PM
^^ Yeah, now we have so many match winners that we can't win a match at all :lol:

Eshen
June 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
Have to say it was little unfair to Nazimuddin. But in past also he has shown good form in domestics and in A-team matches, then failed when given chances in the national team. Is he different this time? Has he fixed his horrible batting style, so that he can cope with international bowlers better if given another opportunity against them? Selectors are in much better position to make that judgment than we are.

Murad
June 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
tamim, mushy, shakib, riyad and naeem are all capable of changing the match and winning us a game, infact even imrul can do that that (he has got a century afterall all). nowadays anyone is capable of a matching changing/winning performance, just that some are more likely to than others and tbh ash is on the lower half of that list if not on the bottom of it (out of the batsmen/allrounders currently in the team).

Howcome they couldnt win a single game in last 1 year then? Ash wasn't in the team in the last ODI series but still they couldnt' win the easy games.

mishu
June 10, 2010, 08:06 PM
^^ Yeah, now we have so many match winners that we can't win a match at all :lol:

because Ashrafull baba is there to throw away his wicket to help us lose those games...

mishu
June 10, 2010, 08:11 PM
Howcome they can't win a single game then? Ash wasn't in the team in the last ODI series but still they couldnt' win the easy games.

this because we didnt have a proper replacement for Ash's spot... simple, dont complicate life... >23 average in a national team means a kick in the deriere and out of the team,,,

Gowza
June 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
how often has ash won games in his 159 ODIs? maybe like 2 or 3 times (less than 5 i'd expect), it takes more than one player to win a game, they do perform more consistently than ash and at the same level or higher (by that i mean they make just as big scores when they fire as ash does, or bigger). how many games has ash won for us in the last couple of years? it's not just what ash has done ages ago but you have to take into consideration what he's done in the last year or so, that's more important than what's happened say 5 or 10 years ago.

true we aren't winning matches, but ash has been there, how many series did he miss? and how many has he been there for?

Murad
June 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well I don't count Ash as a match winner. Some of you saying we have so many match winners who can win matches for us. That's why I asked why couldn't we win a single game then in last 1 year(more than a year actually).

Gowza
June 10, 2010, 08:43 PM
i was just trying to make the point that we have players who do can do the job that ash does and they can do it better/more consistently as they've already shown. i don't consider him a match winner either, but if ash is considered a match winner then you can't say the others aren't because they're better performers than him.

Tiger444
June 10, 2010, 08:53 PM
yet again a thread has become an ash thread haha..well the thing is ash has won games for us in the past but it should not matter what he did before..the question is what has he done for us lately? Honestly he hasn't done very good..so far this year he's averaging a 22..thats not good enough to be selected for the squad..roqibul was averaging the same and he's not in the team anymore so why is ash called back? Its just sad to see ash getting these free rides in2 the team while others are unfairly not getting a chance..before ash was the best player we had but now we have a lot of players in the pool who could come good 4 us..

beshideshi
June 10, 2010, 09:45 PM
Problem is that a 25-30 runs innings is unlikely to make any difference what will be the match result. Our current bunch of players under Siddons are conditioned to play for individual glories, not for wins. Ashraful is still the X factor that can make the difference between a defeat and a win.

Eshen bro, I am what they call "blind Ash fan" I have always supported him, but for the past few months, it doesn't look likely that he would change the game. These are the players who could change the game for BD, in order
Shakib
Tamim
Mashrafe
Riyad/Mushy/Nayeem
Ash.
All he is doing over the past few months is getting those 20-30s. Even if he got one 100 every 15-20 games and a 50 every 6-7 games, then yes he could have been the X factor, and probably still is. But I think we have better match winners than Ash in the team now and if he doesn't perform now, this should be treated like everyone else. I am sure Nazim/S. Hom/Nasir can contribute the 30 odd runs which guarantees Ash a spot in the team.

al-Sagar
June 10, 2010, 10:03 PM
Have to say it was little unfair to Nazimuddin. But in past also he has shown good form in domestics and in A-team matches, then failed when given chances in the national team. Is he different this time? Has he fixed his horrible batting style, so that he can cope with international bowlers better if given another opportunity against them? Selectors are in much better position to make that judgment than we are.

this is what will happen,

ash will not perform and nazim/SR shuvo will get a callup in england. in tough english conditions they will fail. and ash will be back for minnow games and ash will fail.

anyway the first ODI is at nottingham, which is a very good bating track, saurav got his 180+ score there. so i think if nazim or sr shuvo gets a call back it wont be a bad track to restart or start ur career.

bura
June 10, 2010, 11:14 PM
this is what will happen,

ash will not perform and nazim/SR shuvo will get a callup in england. in tough english conditions they will fail. and ash will be back for minnow games and ash will fail.

anyway the first ODI is at nottingham, which is a very good bating track, saurav got his 180+ score there. so i think if nazim or sr shuvo gets a call back it wont be a bad track to restart or start ur career.

lol! that is highly likely to happen!

simon
June 11, 2010, 06:37 AM
But,honestly if Ash fails in Asia we should call back The Rock for the Eng tour,he is a hard worker & in a short time carreer his ODI avrge was 30 something.
He is also an excellent fielder.

Bikhari
June 11, 2010, 06:51 AM
But,honestly if Ash fails in Asia we should call back The Rock for the Eng tour,he is a hard worker & in a short time carreer his ODI avrge was 30 something.

:floor:

Excellent fielder? You must be kidding. He dropped few important catches in both ODI and Test start of the year.

And also, this guy is a joke because he think he is the best T20 player in the country when his Strike Rate is below 65 in ODI:floor::floor:

cricket_king
June 11, 2010, 06:54 AM

Yes, and his strike-rate is around 50. Rock mock diya laabh nai. I'd rather Nazimuddin in the ODI team middle-order than that guy.

ahnaf
June 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
I also agreed with eshen.. We still need ash.. Coz we need 2 win match.. Ashuk seta bochore 1ta.. We dnt need good performer we need match winner... Didnt u guyz heard what boycott said? We need 2 win match.. Dharabahikvhabe valo khela ata karo choke pore na coz din shesh e manush result e mne rakhe.. Ei je atodin dhore bd jitche na bt valo khelteche kntu jhkn 2nd test tay kharap krlo thkn ki kew mne rakhce asb.. Tara to akn zim k better blche... We hav tamim..shakib ya they really gud player bt nt match winner... Thts why we dnt win match... So thers ro replacnment untill tamim,shakib bcum not only good performer bt also match winner..

ahnaf
June 11, 2010, 07:23 AM
I also agreed with eshen.. We still need ash.. Coz we need 2 win match.. Ashuk seta bochore 1ta.. We dnt need good performer anymore we need match winner... Didnt u guyz heard what boycott said? We need 2 win match.. Dharabahikvhabe valo khela ata karo choke pore na coz din shesh e manush result e mne rakhe.. Ei je atodin dhore bd jitche na bt valo khelteche kntu jhkn 2nd test tay crash krlo thkn ki kew mne rakhce asb?? Tara to akn zim k better blche... We hav tamim..shakib ya they really gud player bt nt match winner... Thts why we dnt win match... So thers ro replacnment of ash nw untill tamim,shakib bcum not only good performer bt also match winner..

Tiger444
June 11, 2010, 08:45 AM
Yes, and his strike-rate is around 50. Rock mock diya laabh nai. I'd rather Nazimuddin in the ODI team middle-order than that guy.

Yup Nazim can give us a SR of a 100..with a 7 ball 7 and he gets out by playing a faltu shot to mid on :D:D..just joking..I'm just referring back to the time he was at the Asia Cup..I think right now Nazim deserves it more then the Rock right now because he did well in the A team tour but don't forget that when Nazim got the chance he was as faltu as you can get and the Rock really outplayed him by a mile..That being said though he still can show what hes got because he's young..I dont know if team management really likes him though..I remember how pissed Sid got when he saw how ridiculous he looked while getting out and somebody in BCB said that he got enough chances and he could not capitilise on them..but if he ever gets the chance again I would love for him to succeed..

dark mage
June 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
I am dissapointed with the selection, because Nazimuddin really deserved a call-up after his consistent performances. How long are we going to persist with Ashraful? He just takes up one position and does nothing with it, a worthless baggage. I thought Nazimuddin did more than enough to get selected

bujhee kom
June 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
I have a very good feeling about this Asia Cup bhais! Inshallah, we will be in the top three.
I think Mashallah, this is one bada$$ team/squad! This team is full of merceneries, pros!
Can't wait till the bloodbath begin, Bujjhen ni?! :flag:
This time this cup is mine! :flag:

nahaz
June 11, 2010, 10:07 AM

How can you guys be fans of someone who left the team in the worst possible position he could think of? On purpose? Seirously, this guy is weak. On top of that, he has issues scoring anything when bowlers are good OR the pitch is lively. He absolutely is crap in tests and T20. In ODIs players like him can score at 50-odd SR coz the other team does not mind an opposition player who has no positive effect for his team. If you pick HIM instead of Ash then that's just pathetic.

bujhee kom
June 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Tigers babay for Life forever! Bangladesh - Shadin Bangla Betaar Kendro :flag:

nahaz
June 11, 2010, 10:18 AM
because Ashrafull baba is there to throw away his wicket to help us lose those games...

Mishu, that's just rubbish. How can one player throw a game away? And so many times? Only way that can happen is if the team is totally dependant on him. So big contradiction. EPIC FAIL.

Look, we got a great potential match-winner in Tamim. Problem is nobody else as a batsman is a match-winner. They can help but can't win. Naeem has not been tried but he fails whenever his moment comes down the order. Imrul can make it, coz he tries, but again needs support from other end. Riyad can help but so far no evidence of charging to a victory. Ash is the only one in the team who could win it for us other than Tamim.

If he fails in the Asia Cup, drop him by all means. But if you do, don't bring him back till after the WC. There's no point saying you suck then bring him back on low confidence. I don't know what works for him, but I do know the selectors need to be more decisive.

Last thing is, Siddons says he's working hard. How do we know he won't turn a corner and start getting a fifty every third game by the WC?

AK420
June 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
It is unfair to put the blame on Ashraful only. Without him, there would be no real importance of the team.

Everyone here believes that Naeem is a match winner, just because he has won us only one game!!! Also, he hasnt done anything in the past few years, and seriously doesnt deserve to be a part of an intl team. He averages 35, just because of not losing his wickets. Also, THE ROCK, is nothing but brainless, comeon who wants to retire from cricket at 22!!!??

Besides, why is MS Shuvo doing there?

AK420
June 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
Shahadat deserves to be in the team instead of Rubel. Rubel has screwed up his chance big time, as predicted by me:D

ahnaf
June 11, 2010, 11:00 AM
Mishu, that's just rubbish. How can one player throw a game away? And so many times? Only way that can happen is if the team is totally dependant on him. So big contradiction. EPIC FAIL.

Look, we got a great potential match-winner in Tamim. Problem is nobody else as a batsman is a match-winner. They can help but can't win. Naeem has not been tried but he fails whenever his moment comes down the order. Imrul can make it, coz he tries, but again needs support from other end. Riyad can help but so far no evidence of charging to a victory. Ash is the only one in the team who could win it for us other than Tamim.

If he fails in the Asia Cup, drop him by all means. But if you do, don't bring him back till after the WC. There's no point saying you suck then bring him back on low confidence. I don't know what works for him, but I do know the selectors need to be more decisive.

Last thing is, Siddons says he's working hard. How do we know he won't turn a corner and start getting a fifty every third game by the WC?

i also agree with u...

Tiger444
June 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
How can you guys be fans of someone who left the team in the worst possible position he could think of? On purpose? Seirously, this guy is weak. On top of that, he has issues scoring anything when bowlers are good OR the pitch is lively. He absolutely is crap in tests and T20. In ODIs players like him can score at 50-odd SR coz the other team does not mind an opposition player who has no positive effect for his team. If you pick HIM instead of Ash then that's just pathetic.

Whats pathetic is that you still actually believe ash is a good player and think we don't have any alternatives....and your saying rock sucks? What about ash? If Rock sucks then Ash sucks because Rock has better stats then him in every single statistical category in batting except tests and that isnt even a big difference..and you think ash is better? How can you say the guy is a good player with an avg at 23? The Last thing is I'm a big fan of Rock..why do you care? I can be a fan of him if I want to right? Then I say to you that why are you a fan of a player like Ash? Who averages a 23 in his career..My point is people like different players for different reasons and people have to respect that..

Dilscoop
June 11, 2010, 05:00 PM
Keep on playing Ash when he is in bad form is just making things worse for him. He should speak up and take a break. Work his brain out (i doubt he has 1 up until now). But he won't, because he is scared that he might lose his spot. That's why the BOARD needs to say you are being REST, go to Hawaii for a month and come back.

I heard one of those commies say this story about VVS Laxman when he was in bad form, and was gonna lose his place. He went up to the selectors and said, this is my last game. Drop me after this, I will work and come back when I am better. And he hit double 100

SS
June 11, 2010, 06:33 PM
If Jayasuira can get drop for bad form..why not our players...our middle order is completely out of form and need to bring up players who have decent form from A team

nahaz
June 11, 2010, 07:05 PM
Whats pathetic is that you still actually believe ash is a good player and think we don't have any alternatives....and your saying rock sucks? What about ash? If Rock sucks then Ash sucks because Rock has better stats then him in every single statistical category in batting except tests and that isnt even a big difference..and you think ash is better? How can you say the guy is a good player with an avg at 23? The Last thing is I'm a big fan of Rock..why do you care? I can be a fan of him if I want to right? Then I say to you that why are you a fan of a player like Ash? Who averages a 23 in his career..My point is people like different players for different reasons and people have to respect that..

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to offend you. WHen itcomes to Rokibul, you have to understand his av is what it is because he always scores sth close to his average...with Ash its, as you know, a few big ones and a lot of small ones. If their averages were 40 it would be ok, but at 23, not really. Ash can still change games in ODIs. Just not too often.

He's in the squad. But nothing stops Jamie from picking Jahurul and Junaed every game instead and leaving Ash out. To be honest, it would be pretty interesting to see Nazim and Shuvogoto in the squad, but it wasn't to be. One could've been picked instead of Junaed, whose ODI record is really bad. But at the end of the day, you cannot give a new player only one series before discarding him.

Tiger444
June 11, 2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry buddy, didn't mean to offend you. WHen itcomes to Rokibul, you have to understand his av is what it is because he always scores sth close to his average...with Ash its, as you know, a few big ones and a lot of small ones. If their averages were 40 it would be ok, but at 23, not really. Ash can still change games in ODIs. Just not too often.

He's in the squad. But nothing stops Jamie from picking Jahurul and Junaed every game instead and leaving Ash out. To be honest, it would be pretty interesting to see Nazim and Shuvogoto in the squad, but it wasn't to be. One could've been picked instead of Junaed, whose ODI record is really bad. But at the end of the day, you cannot give a new player only one series before discarding him.

No problem man..thanks for being cool about it.. and sorry for overreacting..well anyways ya thats true ash can give us the match winning innings but also he scores single digits, he lacks scoring those 30's or 40's..roqibul on the other hand is completely opposite..he scores in the 30's and 40's, doesn't score 2 many in the single digits but lacks the big time scores..I really do like ash but its just that he's never been consistent and with so many games already played it just seems he'll always be like that..I just feel that it's time 2 give players who are more consistent..well lets hope ash can perform well..he does fare better against subcontinental teams so thats a reason 2 be hopeful

al-Sagar
June 11, 2010, 10:45 PM
ashraful worked hard and came back in form. dont u believe ???? go and see the drama t20. u have proof there how hard he worked

lol

nahaz
June 12, 2010, 03:38 AM
ashraful worked hard and came back in form. dont u believe ???? go and see the drama t20. u have proof there how hard he worked

lol

Lol...I can definitely act better than that. But then again, a lot of Bangladeshi natoks seem to be full of talentless ppl. So what's to stop Ash?

Better yet, he could be Himu type character in Humayun Ahmed's next movie.

I hope I dont end up too hopeful about the team in Asia Cup but that's prob impossible..more heartbreak awaits.

BANFAN
June 12, 2010, 03:57 AM
We cannot afford to keep dropping experienced players like Ash, Shakib etc even if they don't perform well consistantly ... Contribution of Experience is not vissible but the new comers definitely benefit from their presence. As does the team in different situation...

M.H.Rubel
June 12, 2010, 05:41 AM
Continuing Ash in ODI team is not a bad idea.He is not doing bad in ODI in last 2 years.But he have done nothing in tests.Ash is a total failure in test cricket.IMO its not a bad idea to continue him in ODI but need to drop him from test cricket.

bujhee kom
June 12, 2010, 08:34 AM
This is the team I have been waiting for years, guys! I think this is it, this is the team that will do it!

lamisa
June 12, 2010, 09:04 AM
I also agreed with eshen.. We still need ash.. Coz we need 2 win match.. Ashuk seta bochore 1ta.. We dnt need good performer anymore we need match winner... Didnt u guyz heard what boycott said? We need 2 win match.. Dharabahikvhabe valo khela ata karo choke pore na coz din shesh e manush result e mne rakhe.. Ei je atodin dhore bd jitche na bt valo khelteche kntu jhkn 2nd test tay crash krlo thkn ki kew mne rakhce asb?? Tara to akn zim k better blche... We hav tamim..shakib ya they really gud player bt nt match winner... Thts why we dnt win match... So thers ro replacnment of ash nw untill tamim,shakib bcum not only good performer bt also match winner..

and where does ur theory leave bd after 10 yers or so?basically what u r trying to say is that it's ok to win a match every 15 matches and score below 200 or let the opponent win by 6 wickets or more in the remaining 14 matches and not progress like 200,210,250,280,260,190,270 in all the matches witha couple of 50's and maybe even a century or a few wickets for some bowlers?

kawsar
June 12, 2010, 09:11 AM

2) Nayok Imrul Kayes
3) Sir Mohammad Ashraful
4) Mullah Riyad
5) Picchi Mushy
7) Chokka Nayeem
8) Mamu Mashrafi
9) Shutki mach Shafiul
10) Lalla Razzak
11) Bechara Rassel

Bhaia I like the name of these players, it should be permanent

lamisa
June 12, 2010, 09:18 AM

see,there could be instances where a player hasn't been playing ODI for a while but has clicked in the test team.his performance in the test team means that he is in form provided he hasn't been playing ODI for a while so we don't now about is current or recent form in odi.he should get the nod based on his test performance then and i think that is the case of junaed this time

Ajfar
June 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
We cannot afford to keep dropping experienced players like Ash, Shakib etc even if they don't perform well consistantly ... Contribution of Experience is not vissible but the new comers definitely benefit from their presence. As does the team in different situation...

aren't the experience player suppose to lead from the front? so when someone is always in horrible form how are they suppose to lead by example?

beshideshi
June 12, 2010, 09:22 AM
and where does ur theory leave bd after 10 yers or so?basically what u r trying to say is that it's ok to win a match every 15 matches and score below 200 or let the opponent win by 6 wickets or more in the remaining 14 matches and not progress like 200,210,250,280,260,190,270 in all the matches witha couple of 50's and maybe even a century or a few wickets for some bowlers?

Exactly, I prefer us being competitive in every game rather than seeing a flukish victory every 15 games. The rate at which our team is developing[i.e. scoring 230-240+, taking wickets, making a fight of every game] we should be winning regularly within a year or two. I know having LLLLLL in the "recent matches" column hurts a lot, but no one in our country has a magic wand which would turn us into a team of world beaters.
I say wait a few more months, and results will come I tell ya.

Ajfar
June 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
We hav tamim..shakib ya they really gud player bt nt match winner... Thts why we dnt win match... So thers ro replacnment untill tamim,shakib bcum not only good performer bt also match winner..

who the hell won us the game India in 2007 WC? and who won us the game against SL 2 years ago? Give Shakib and Tamim 159 ODIS under their belt and then come tell me. I can bet my life by then both of them will have won a hand full game for us.

lamisa
June 12, 2010, 10:13 AM
Exactly, I prefer us being competitive in every game rather than seeing a flukish victory every 15 games. The rate at which our team is developing[i.e. scoring 230-240+, taking wickets, making a fight of every game] we should be winning regularly within a year or two. I know having LLLLLL in the "recent matches" column hurts a lot, but no one in our country has a magic wand which would turn us into a team of world beaters.
I say wait a few more months, and results will come I tell ya.

ys and recently we have started to take get the opposition all out in the ODI's(even though half the wickets fell in the death overs)

AK420
June 12, 2010, 10:41 AM
Honestly speaking, Nazim and Kapali would have been a good choice

Gowza
June 12, 2010, 06:59 PM
Honestly speaking, Nazim and Kapali would have been a good choice

prefer to groom shuvagoto and shabbir for the WC tbh. kapali is just like ash and aftab, so much prmoise but just doesn't deliver and he wasn't in good form this season. nazimuddin could have been a selection due to A team performance, but i think shuvagoto and shabbir are better and more likely long term options so i'd still prefer to go with them.

al-Sagar
June 13, 2010, 12:04 AM
prefer to groom shuvagoto and shabbir for the WC tbh. kapali is just like ash and aftab, so much prmoise but just doesn't deliver and he wasn't in good form this season. nazimuddin could have been a selection due to A team performance, but i think shuvagoto and shabbir are better and more likely long term options so i'd still prefer to go with them.

may be a bit late now. it would have been good to give them A team cricket rather the Academy cricket during WI and SA A teams tour.

also by now one of the should have been in national setup.

thats why i think, nazim shuvo SR, marshal ayub, SN may be the batsman to look for upto WC 11.

after that we need to rebuild a squad for 2015 WC and have to decide on dropping some players for good.

ahnaf
June 13, 2010, 03:24 AM

apu.. Tmi amk vul bujhecho.. Ami oita bli ni je amdr team agr moto kheluk.. Jedin jitbe valo khelbe bt jedin harbe go-hara harbe.. Ami just ata blechi je amdr team e akn onk regular performer ache bt match winner nai tai r ash r bikolpo nai akono coz akono amdr o r match winning innings r dorkar ache hok seta bochore 2 ta.. Aste aste ai teamta onk better hbe bt tym lagbe... amdr akono ash r dorkar ache coz tamim shakib or riad ara shobai really gud player specially tamim bt nt match winner.. Thts why i said we dnt need anymore regular performer now coz we've enough nw....

ahnaf
June 13, 2010, 03:32 AM
who the hell won us the game India in 2007 WC? and who won us the game against SL 2 years ago? Give Shakib and Tamim 159 ODIS under their belt and then come tell me. I can bet my life by then both of them will have won a hand full game for us.

brother wc e india r biporite jeta hyse ota chilo team effort.. Tamim..shakib.. Musy all made 50+.. R thknkar tamim r akankar tamim ak na... R sl r bippokhe jeta ashche otar kothao thik mne nai bt may b otay o shobai bhalo krchilo...ajob.. Ami ki blchi amr post e! Read clearly.. I've said they need time...and in ths mean time we need irregular performer ash.. Nt then.. If he could find a better way with his batting and perform regularly then he'll also b a part of dreaming bd team..

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:25 AM
apu.. Tmi amk vul bujhecho.. Ami oita bli ni je amdr team agr moto kheluk.. Jedin jitbe valo khelbe bt jedin harbe go-hara harbe.. Ami just ata blechi je amdr team e akn onk regular performer ache bt match winner nai tai r ash r bikolpo nai akono coz akono amdr o r match winning innings r dorkar ache hok seta bochore 2 ta.. Aste aste ai teamta onk better hbe bt tym lagbe... amdr akono ash r dorkar ache coz tamim shakib or riad ara shobai really gud player specially tamim bt nt match winner.. Thts why i said we dnt need anymore regular performer now coz we've enough nw....

yes but isn't it worthwhile to have a player who can score 25+ on a regular basis rather than ash who can barely take his score to double digits in most matches but scores a 70+ once in a bluemoon

Gowza
June 13, 2010, 06:00 AM
why not pick some players who can currently give us winning innings occassionally like ash does but in the long run will be much better players? i think there are a few players around BD who have that in them e.g. shuvagoto, shabbir, marshall, shamsur etc. this defending ash by saying he has the potential to play a winning innings occassionally isn't a good one for me, like i said there are a few players who can do that, that's not including those already in the team. there are better investments for BD cricket than mohammad ashraful, i'm sorry to say it but it's true.

ahnaf
June 13, 2010, 06:58 AM
yes but isn't it worthwhile to have a player who can score 25+ on a regular basis rather than ash who can barely take his score to double digits in most matches but scores a 70+ once in a bluemoon

Apu..if u bring a new player now he'll cant able 2 perform regular it'll take minimun 1-2 yr 2 b matured if he've the ability... Coz the differecne btwn our poor domestic league and intrnatnal cricket is so so big... Temprmnt o akta bapar ache.. To baparta ki daralo new player anleo tmn kono differecn ashbena ontoto aro 1-2 yr r ag prjnto tao jodi correct performer ta k jodi khuje pay.... Fol wc r result eo khub diffecnc ashbena.. R dhoro ash k bad deya holo.. New player k chance deya holo kykta series bt perform krte parlo na (ami sure parbena ami mne kri apu tmio akmot hbe) r ash domestic cricket e bhalo krte laglo to ki daray?? Gure fire aki kotha..

Tiger444
June 13, 2010, 08:02 AM
why not pick some players who can currently give us winning innings occassionally like ash does but in the long run will be much better players? i think there are a few players around BD who have that in them e.g. shuvagoto, shabbir, marshall, shamsur etc. this defending ash by saying he has the potential to play a winning innings occassionally isn't a good one for me, like i said there are a few players who can do that, that's not including those already in the team. there are better investments for BD cricket than mohammad ashraful, i'm sorry to say it but it's true.

great point gowza..do we really have to wait on ash for longer just because of his potential? Are we still that desperate? If he was doing well then we would not have this convo but year in and year out he still had 1 of the worst averages on the team each year..last year was absolutely no excuse to have a 25 average..we played mostly weak teams..and now he still has a pretty weak average this year..I see no harm giving shuvogoto chances in ODIs..he seems to have the talent and ability to learn quickly..nazimuddin wouldve been a better choice then ash..actually anybody would be a better choice then ash..hes just not improving and we just cannot afford 2 wait on players like this..

zainab
June 14, 2010, 05:50 AM
If Jayasuira can get drop for bad form..why not our players...our middle order is completely out of form and need to bring up players who have decent form from A team

You fail to understand that SL has a bunch of very good players who are waiting on the sidelines for a spot in the National Team. NO comparison between the 2 teams. BD does not have the luxury of very good players on the sidelines.SL has about 15 good players waiting to claim a spot in the national team, these guys are not given a free pass.

SL, even though a poor and developing country has a very good domestic setup and their players, including the A team are paid very fairly. I am sure that ther A team can beat BD national team any day.

lamisa
June 14, 2010, 05:51 AM
Apu..if u bring a new player now he'll cant able 2 perform regular it'll take minimun 1-2 yr 2 b matured if he've the ability... Coz the differecne btwn our poor domestic league and intrnatnal cricket is so so big... Temprmnt o akta bapar ache.. To baparta ki daralo new player anleo tmn kono differecn ashbena ontoto aro 1-2 yr r ag prjnto tao jodi correct performer ta k jodi khuje pay.... Fol wc r result eo khub diffecnc ashbena.. R dhoro ash k bad deya holo.. New player k chance deya holo kykta series bt perform krte parlo na (ami sure parbena ami mne kri apu tmio akmot hbe) r ash domestic cricket e bhalo krte laglo to ki daray?? Gure fire aki kotha..

yea so whichever new player u bring into the team will take 1-2 years to mature.so where is the difference,ekhon anlo ba pore anlo?borongcho ekhonii ana uchit because we have some in-form players in the team and we are not that desperate that we have to solely depend on a newbie's performance

ahnaf
June 14, 2010, 10:01 AM
yea so whichever new player u bring into the team will take 1-2 years to mature.so where is the difference,ekhon anlo ba pore anlo?borongcho ekhonii ana uchit because we have some in-form players in the team and we are not that desperate that we have to solely depend on a newbie's performance

thts d point apu.. Eijonnoi tara ash k bad dicche na.. Coz oke charai team akhn akta valo position e chole giyeche... Tai tara akno oke time dicche nijer khelata bujhar...

Tiger Manc
June 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
Why is Jahurul in the team? I like him as a Test batsman and he deserves to be in the Test team, but what has he done to justify his selection in the One day team? He's got a poor list a record and he's only just finding his feet at Test level.

Same goes for Junaid, he's a great Test batsman but his awful at one day. He's got an avaerage of 16 with a strike rate of 60!! I can't believe he's even in the squad, never mind starting him. They should leae the two to focus on Tests, they have an important job for us to do there and I don't want them to pick up the bad habits they get from one dayers.

Nazimuddin should get the nod ahead of Ash in the team as he's earned it with his performances in the a-team (average 50+ and strike rate 100+). What message is this setting out to players when they perform they can't even get into the team ahead of non-performers? Rafiqul Alam has said after the recent a-team series that the players should see the A Team as a platform for going into the national team, so why aren't you backing up your staement with actions Mr Alam?

I don't why Aftab missed that tour or why he hasn't given an explanantion but it's a blow for us that he didn't make it as he was just getting back to form with a 46 against England. He has a higher average than Ash as well as the 2nd highest srtike rate at 83. He would've been pivotal at #3 for us. We'll never win matches when you have several guys with strike rates at around 70.

lamisa
June 15, 2010, 02:30 AM
thts d point apu.. Eijonnoi tara ash k bad dicche na.. Coz oke charai team akhn akta valo position e chole giyeche... Tai tara akno oke time dicche nijer khelata bujhar...

he played for nearly 10 years and couldn't still figure out his own game-WHAT A JOKE/PITY!my point is that then it's a complete waste of space because he will NEVER learn.why not give another newbie a go?why waste someone else's time and career?

Gowza
June 15, 2010, 02:42 AM
he played for nearly 10 years and couldn't still figure out his own game-WHAT A JOKE/PITY!my point is that then it's a complete waste of space because he will NEVER learn.why not give another newbie a go?why waste someone else's time and career?

agree, it seems like a few people are disregarding the fact that ash has had nearly 10 years at this level, that's more than enough time to show your true worth.

Tiger444
June 15, 2010, 08:23 AM
agree, it seems like a few people are disregarding the fact that ash has had nearly 10 years at this level, that's more than enough time to show your true worth.

agreed..after being in the team for 10 years you have 2 be able 2 cement your place on the team with good performances..and ash has yet 2 do that..hes in the team just because of his potential..it says a lot that a player like imrul can now outperform ash..this shows that if we give players like shamsur, nazim, jahurul, roqibul, shuvogoto, or shabbir a lot of chances, then they could become better players then ash..

al-Sagar
June 15, 2010, 09:11 AM
ash has broken the record of AL-shahriar rokon i think

rokon also had been around for a long time treated as the most talented batsman. though he did not get as many chance. he was in and out a lot.

ahnaf
June 15, 2010, 09:25 AM

apu...atato selector rai valo blte parbe.. Last 10 yr r moddhe kntu 8 yr e bd performance ash r upor depend krto nd majhkane captain cilo may b 1 yr or er besi so okane kichu krar cilo na bt nw depend krche na.. So akn ash r upor kono chap nai.. So hyto tara dhekte chaice free vabe khele o ki regular performer hote pare kina?? Amr mne hy ai chance ta o r prappo.. Ha test e o r akta boro break r drkar ache bt in odi nd t20 e i think sujog deya ucit..

rinathq
June 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
Yo guiss mo Mortaza for the match??? They are playing rubel instead.....Cricinfo. I am not gonna watch this game if Mash isn't playing like enough is enough

ahnaf
June 15, 2010, 12:58 PM
Yo guiss mo Mortaza for the match??? They are playing rubel instead.....Cricinfo. I am not gonna watch this game if Mash isn't playing like enough is enough

who care wht cricinfo said or nt.. Faltu pura.. Ja mne ashe tai lekhe.. Mash je khelbe ata bla lage naki..

Gowza
June 15, 2010, 04:51 PM
agreed..after being in the team for 10 years you have 2 be able 2 cement your place on the team with good performances..and ash has yet 2 do that..hes in the team just because of his potential..it says a lot that a player like imrul can now outperform ash..this shows that if we give players like shamsur, nazim, jahurul, roqibul, shuvogoto, or shabbir a lot of chances, then they could become better players then ash..

also agree, when are the selectors going to realise this? most of the newer generation of batsmen are stepping up, it's the previous generation which is having trouble. guys like ash, aftab, alok, SN etc they're the ones who aren't performing and holding their spots in the national team, tells me that BD cricket is on the improve and the newer generation is better than the slightly older one. not saying the previous generation are old, because they're still young but they're not developing enough, the newer guys are.

Tiger444
June 15, 2010, 05:35 PM
also agree, when are the selectors going to realise this? most of the newer generation of batsmen are stepping up, it's the previous generation which is having trouble. guys like ash, aftab, alok, SN etc they're the ones who aren't performing and holding their spots in the national team, tells me that BD cricket is on the improve and the newer generation is better than the slightly older one. not saying the previous generation are old, because they're still young but they're not developing enough, the newer guys are.

Ya the newer generation, the likes of shakib, mushy, tamim, imrul, naeem, and zunaed are better players then the old generation..selectors have got it right at least because now aftab, alok, and SN are gone from the team..the selectors have 2 now get rid of ash and use just the new generation of players..bangla cricket is definitely improving and with a few more years of experience I believe we can be a pretty good side..I actually have high hopes for this tournament..

lamisa
June 16, 2010, 05:43 AM
apu...atato selector rai valo blte parbe.. Last 10 yr r moddhe kntu 8 yr e bd performance ash r upor depend krto nd majhkane captain cilo may b 1 yr or er besi so okane kichu krar cilo na bt nw depend krche na.. So akn ash r upor kono chap nai.. So hyto tara dhekte chaice free vabe khele o ki regular performer hote pare kina?? Amr mne hy ai chance ta o r prappo.. Ha test e o r akta boro break r drkar ache bt in odi nd t20 e i think sujog deya ucit..

you can hold your own opinion and the selectors can hold their own opinion and i can hold my own opnion.we can go on arguing about this forever and never reach a conclusion where we will both agree completely,so just drop it!:shh:

ahnaf
June 16, 2010, 08:26 AM
you can hold your own opinion and the selectors can hold their own opinion and i can hold my own opnion.we can go on arguing about this forever and never reach a conclusion where we will both agree completely,so just drop it!:shh:

ta obosso thik..
thik ache apu.. Bad..:)

Imteaz
June 16, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bhalo, Besh Bhalo..... :)

Shaan
June 16, 2010, 11:36 AM
now can anyone tell me where is ALOK !! really sick of this biased picking up squad, can't take anymore. All the jokers have been giving chances over and over, why! why!! why !!!

Nayeem, Ashrafull .. what are they doing in the team ???

Tiger444
June 16, 2010, 11:41 AM
now can anyone tell me where is ALOK !! really sick of this biased picking up squad, can't take anymore. All the jokers have been giving chances over and over, why! why!! why !!!

Nayeem, Ashrafull .. what are they doing in the team ???

alok is right where he belongs..AT HOME..the guy has done absolutely nothing 2 warrant a place back 2 the team..his tailender averages in every format of the game is really laughable..unless he starts 2 perform in domestics I really dont wanna see him back again..

Shaan
June 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
alok is right where he belongs..AT HOME..the guy has done absolutely nothing 2 warrant a place back 2 the team..his tailender averages in every format of the game is really laughable..unless he starts 2 perform in domestics I really dont wanna see him back again..
Base on your logic entire team need to be at home right now...all the jokers getting free rides and chances then what would have big harm to give ALok few chances and trial while others loosers are doing nothing there!!

Tiger444
June 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
Base on your logic entire team need to be at home right now...all the jokers getting free rides and chances then what would have big harm to give ALok few chances and trial while others loosers are doing nothing there!!

you really think alok would be any different? Tell me 1 thing he has done besides that 100 against India? Don't tell me he hasn't gotten enough chances..65 matches is a lot of matches 2 prove yourself and he never stamped himself in2 the team b4 he went 2 the icl..hes just another strokemaker 2 me..its no point bringing back recycled players..

Roni_uk
June 16, 2010, 01:06 PM
Replace Ashraful with Rakibul... we will add 5 more runs to our totals.

Tiger444
June 16, 2010, 01:12 PM
Replace Ashraful with Rakibul... we will add 5 more runs to our totals.

and we could actually reach 50 overs with that move..

Shaan
June 16, 2010, 02:44 PM
you really think alok would be any different? Tell me 1 thing he has done besides that 100 against India? Don't tell me he hasn't gotten enough chances..65 matches is a lot of matches 2 prove yourself and he never stamped himself in2 the team b4 he went 2 the icl..hes just another strokemaker 2 me..its no point bringing back recycled players..
He didn't score that 100 after 64 matches.. but don't wanna argue with you..cause u r one of those guys like our selectors who will never ever do justice for our team or for the real one's who can sustained for long run.

Bai oisob bua ajaira pechal badh den bohu dekhchi eisob faltu jukti torko...hathe nathe to dekhtachi ke ki kortache.. koekdin por oneday status niya tan porbo. Apni amare koitachen Alok ki korche, are mia oi gordob Ashraful ki korche domestike..oi Nayeem ki korche domestike..Alok jhokhon dometike run korlo thokon kutay chilen apni.. ba selectorra??.Sobai gaja khayiya khela dekehna.. Aloker modde je prothibha ache tha Viv Richards..Rabi shastri pur khano lukra tiki dekhthe pay..tobe apnar motho kriket ganhin luk ebong amader selectarra esob bujena bole aaj sobar hasir khurak hoichi amara.. sobai hasahasi kore BD team niya.. ekhon tho Sewag bole dilo amader bating ordinari.. kintu apni ekhono bole jaben Alok doestike run koruk.. mia Aloker domestike run jodi bepar hoitho tahole Ajke Ashraful.. ebong aro kichu gadha team-e khelthona !! NCL T20 the tho ALok tik run korlo kintu chance pailo seisob luk jara T20 the run khora korlo..

Ajfar
June 16, 2010, 06:15 PM
At this point I really dont care who they get for Ash just please get rid of this guy for now. Heck I wouldnt care if they replaced him with Boycotts mom.

Gowza
June 17, 2010, 12:04 AM
really think they should try shuvagoto in the one-day setup now, otherwise move riyad or naeem or rahim up the order permanently.

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
really think they should try shuvagoto in the one-day setup now, otherwise move riyad or naeem or rahim up the order permanently.

well rahim is at #4 now so thats good..but honestly naeem had a great chance 2 move himself up the order yesterday if he had performed..he came in early in the innings and was with shuvo who isnt really a batsman but hes not a mug with the bat either..anyways the shot naeem played yesterday was very poor..there were 17 overs left in the game and he shouldve played a very safe innings..I know its a bad situation 2 come in2 but he has 2 be blamed 2 because after all he is a specialist batsman..riyad is perfect at #5 so he should come in then..having ash in the team is really hurting us but then again none of the batsmen played responsibly yesterday..

simon
June 17, 2010, 08:27 AM
At this point I really dont care who they get for Ash just please get rid of this guy for now. Heck I wouldnt care if they replaced him with Boycotts mom.

lol,I agree with u!:)
Enough of Ash,he failed in the Tests,he failed yesterday too,the worse is he was playing for himself,playing too many dot balls,not rotating strike,nothing.:mad:
Jahurul should be in replacng Ash,it would be unfair to drop Naeem instead of Ash cause Naeem didn't play the tests so it's his turn.
Also hope to see Razzaq for Shubho.

cricket_king
June 17, 2010, 08:28 AM
well rahim is at #4 now so thats good..but honestly naeem had a great chance 2 move himself up the order yesterday if he had performed..he came in early in the innings and was with shuvo who isnt really a batsman but hes not a mug with the bat either..anyways the shot naeem played yesterday was very poor..there were 17 overs left in the game and he shouldve played a very safe innings..I know its a bad situation 2 come in2 but he has 2 be blamed 2 because after all he is a specialist batsman..riyad is perfect at #5 so he should come in then..having ash in the team is really hurting us but then again none of the batsmen played responsibly yesterday..

Well yes the shot he played to get out was poor....but technically, he wasn't even out. I doubt he would've gone on anyway, but you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt in that case.

Ajfar
June 17, 2010, 08:30 AM
I really did expect much better from Nayeem yesterday. That just shows us we need to get some new players in the mix. Get them somewhat ready for the world Cup. Even though Jahirul hasnt done anything to get a spot in the ODI team it might not be a bad idea to play him up the order. Hom is someone we def need to have a look at. As for the 2nd spinner slot I would stick to Shuvo for this tournament but we really need another decent spinner to back up shakib.

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
Well yes the shot he played to get out was poor....but technically, he wasn't even out. I doubt he would've gone on anyway, but you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt in that case.

That was a questionable call, thats true..but the main thing for me was..when you are 6 wickets down why even think about playing that shot? Especially when your with a guy whose not all that great with the bat? Thats why I'm being harsh on him..I like him a lot but that was poor from his part there..

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 08:44 AM
I really did expect much better from Nayeem yesterday. That just shows us we need to get some new players in the mix. Get them somewhat ready for the world Cup. Even though Jahirul hasnt done anything to get a spot in the ODI team it might not be a bad idea to play him up the order. Hom is someone we def need to have a look at. As for the 2nd spinner slot I would stick to Shuvo for this tournament but we really need another decent spinner to back up shakib.

Naeem really needs 2 step up now..people say that we should move him up but knowing our selectors I won't be surprised if hes dropped..he has had chances 2 come in early because of early wickets but he hasn't had big scores besides that zimbabwe game..hes been a pretty good finisher for us..I really hope he can bat well tomorrow..

cricket_king
June 17, 2010, 08:47 AM
That was a questionable call, thats true..but the main thing for me was..when you are 6 wickets down why even think about playing that shot? Especially when your with a guy whose not all that great with the bat? Thats why I'm being harsh on him..I like him a lot but that was poor from his part there..

Well yeah that was a rather poor shot considering the circumstances. He may have felt he had no choice but to go for his shots, knowing we didnt have much batting to come. What he should've done was try keep most of the strike and play out as many overs as possible. Tough ask I suppose.

Tiger444
June 17, 2010, 09:05 AM
Well yeah that was a rather poor shot considering the circumstances. He may have felt he had no choice but to go for his shots, knowing we didnt have much batting to come. What he should've done was try keep most of the strike and play out as many overs as possible. Tough ask I suppose.

Thats really what he should have done yesterday..I know he came in a tough spot but as a batsman shouldve done what you just said..there were 15 over 2 be played so he had plenty of time 2 play a decent innings..oh well all the batsmen did bad..I'm picking on naeem a little bit more because he scored nothing really..

lamisa
June 18, 2010, 01:29 AM
mathe umpire thakar dorkar nai.shob kisu tv referal e howa uchit