PDA

View Full Version : Sakib wants consistency in team selection

simon
June 12, 2010, 10:09 AM
SAkib wants the same group of player to play for longer period in order to allow them develop together.
Source:
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/content/story/462678.html

But the number of inconsistent players we have doesn't leave selectors the choice to stick to the same team,does it?

lamisa
June 12, 2010, 10:19 AM
i think this current bunch of players should be the consistent squad.there are a lot of talented players in this squad

AK420
June 12, 2010, 10:24 AM
I dont want to see Naeem and Rubel anymore

Purbasha T
June 12, 2010, 10:56 AM
Naeem rocks. Mr BIN, what are you on about?

Nadim
June 12, 2010, 10:57 AM

He is being HONEST:-p

AK420
June 12, 2010, 11:01 AM

Dude, if Naeem really rocked, then why didnt he score a 45+ innings this year?

And who u calling MR bin?

Imteaz
June 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
Than Ashraful should not be dropped. Pathetic.

Selectors are already continuing with consistant team. But players have to learn how to dedicate performance for team.

AK420
June 12, 2010, 11:14 AM
I agree with Imteaz bhai, we shall and we shall have to get rid of the selectors

Imteaz
June 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
I didnt tell we need to get rid of the selectors. Do we have any better option than these 3?

My focus was to improve players psychology to contribute themselves for team. If Tamim score 10 more 100+ innings but Bangladesh lose the game than whats the benefit?

I remember one quote from Rahul Dravid: In Test Match A batter score his 1st 100 for himself, 2nd 100 for team and rest according to situation.

Our players always score their 1st 100 and than forget to score for team.

Finally it is never wise to change team frequently. Shakib is right and selectors are doing well by not changing team too frequently. They are just inexperienced compare to Test level. None of those played more test than the current player. So we do not have more option. :)

Zeeshan
June 12, 2010, 11:35 AM
Thoroughly agree with Shakib. Instead of experimenting as if slots are freebies players should have to work out of their skins to prove their mettle. But look what we do? We give away positions to players like Robiul and the likes of him.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2010, 12:02 PM
One or two player replacement doesn't change the core. Dropping Ash has nothing to do with Shakib's comment. This is more like holding on to Imrul, Naeem and Junaed. Bd missed a trick while not holding on to Mo Rafique.

Zim hold on to the core and a player like Price.

One World
June 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
Consistency in team or stability of captaincy!

Anyway, Shakib is like our Gayle where Tamim is like Shiva. Rest are happy go lucky players - different versions of Ashraful.

simon
June 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
Consistency in team or stability of captaincy!

Anyway, Shakib is like our Gayle where Tamim is like Shiva. Rest are happy go lucky players - different versions of Ashraful.

pls,don't compare Ash with the rest,Junaid,Rahim,Ryad all have better avrge than Ash.
Ash is unique.;)

One World
June 12, 2010, 04:24 PM
pls,don't compare Ash with the rest,Junaid,Rahim,Ryad all have better avrge than Ash.
Ash is unique.;)

That's why I implied versioning, after all you need a fulcrum and Ash is that for BD Cricket. Now is the time for BCB to scale it down so we can tell he is a 1.2 Ash or Panna is a 2.3.

FagunerAgun
June 12, 2010, 04:41 PM
Agree with The Ice Man.
But consistency is rare because of petty politics in the Sub-Continent.

Purbasha T
June 12, 2010, 04:46 PM
Dude, if Naeem really rocked, then why didnt he score a 45+ innings this year?

And who u calling MR bin?

You! who else! Isn't your avatar a pic of Bin shaheb's?

And Naeem is just out of form. :saint:

Catskills
June 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
Yes Mr. Bin is always anti Naeem. I think Naeem is a fine player. He just needs to be given enough exposure in higher order. He has proven enough in domestic, U19 and BCB XI.

Gowza
June 12, 2010, 06:52 PM
i think for the most part the selectors are pretty consistent these days, obviously they do have some random and inconsistent selections like robiul, shamsur, nasir but really they've stuck with tamim, imrul, junaid, riyad, naeem, shakib, rubel, shafiul, shahadat, rahim, ash and razzak for awhile now. they are pretty consistent atm, thing is they're still making some mistakes, like ash shouldn't be in the team, neither should razzak, they should pick another pacer to stick with (personally i'd bring up subashis but i could see robin or sajidul being that other pacer). it looks like they will stick with s.shuvo and jahurul for a bit which is good. but i definitely think they need to pick a pacer and sticlk with them rather than interchanging between them every series.

in saying this, now is the time to experiment for the WC, better now than later down the track imo.

wiseshah
June 12, 2010, 08:35 PM
Selectors are consistent and doing great job. It's the players who need to perform
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Dilscoop
June 12, 2010, 11:42 PM
How much we wanna bet that if they keep doing what they did in the past, by 2015 half this players will be replaced by some more U-19 players. I dont wanna guess who, because I would really hate to see them become next Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali, Hannan Shorkar, Tushar Imran. And we will also see some of the BC members posting those too. "Hey lets drop this guy, and get that kid from U-19 team and ruin his career too". There is a reason why the good teams don't have U-19 players in National team.

al-Sagar
June 12, 2010, 11:59 PM
actually what shakib means consistency ????

i think he wants either u drop ash for good or keep him for good.

may be also the same players adapt and play in all formats ... ....

selectors should have a definite plan about selection of squads

beshideshi
June 13, 2010, 01:18 AM
This is a very valid point. Previously [early 2000s] we saw way too many players tried at test level, instead if we persisted with a bunch of 15 players, we would have at least 3-4 amongst them today who could have helped the team a lot.
I like how the selectors think, they gave Imrul several chances until he started performing....this guy was sent to Eng to play tests with a test average of 13!! Every player must be given ample opportunities before putting a stamp on him, thats what the selectors are trying to do. Obviously 3-4 players in the team would jump in and out, but as long as the core remains and players are selected from a 15-20 bunch, it's alright imo.

Baundule
June 13, 2010, 01:32 AM
To be honest, I am quite furious reading the crapinfo article. If Shakib's quotations are correct, it clearly shows the team has learned a big nada from the series.

Starting with the first sentence of the article, the national team is not the right place purposed for developing the players. The players must be suitable for playing at this level before they are selected. We have the academy, the A-team and the league for that purpose. The team should provide sufficient chances to selected players. At the same time, it should be based on performances. Out of form (I am not talking about the capability, a national team player's capability must be proved before he is selected in the first place) players should be replaced by in form ones from the reserves. It will create a healthy competition to perform inside and outside the team. It is not going to make huge changes to the team and the improvement will be pretty automatic!

It is a shame to hide under the we-are-still-kid speech. 10 years is more than enough time to grow some spine. It hurts more because like the very first year, we still do the same childish acts, we still throw away our wickets, we still lose the plot when it matters and we still lose consistently and there is actually no light at the end of the tunnel. We can not vision about the time needed for us to grow up to win matches.

He is blaming the bowlers! The bowlers get to bowl effectily only for a single innings. They got England out for 500 and 400 runs, which is the case with bowlers of any big team as well. We have a misconception over the years that bowlers are the culprits. Our batsmen have consistently been the more irresponsible ones. With not enough runs on the board, bowlers can do little. Moreover, for us a draw is considered as a success and for doing that the batsmen need to perform in the first place.

He is saying that we did well in the first test!!! Has he gone crazy? We collapsed from strong position to follow on and lose the plot from there. Apparently he also knows it. Then how can he get satisfied and term it as a good performance? He is right about the second test, may be because of its freshness, he failed to forget about it.

We do not need talking birds. Tareq Mehmud- and Ulpal Shuvros can do that. The people in the team need to perform; if not, there is no need to give them another 10 years.

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:43 AM
actually what shakib means consistency ????

i think he wants either u drop ash for good or keep him for good.

may be also the same players adapt and play in all formats ... ....

selectors should have a definite plan about selection of squads

drop him for good.i just don't get why our selectors keep picking him even when he is out of form and not performing(which is basically most of the time!).this thing is hampering bd cricket,the national team and ashraful himself as well!

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:48 AM
How much we wanna bet that if they keep doing what they did in the past, by 2015 half this players will be replaced by some more U-19 players. I dont wanna guess who, because I would really hate to see them become next Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali, Hannan Shorkar, Tushar Imran. And we will also see some of the BC members posting those too. "Hey lets drop this guy, and get that kid from U-19 team and ruin his career too". There is a reason why the good teams don't have U-19 players in National team.

i dont think (or rather i hope) that it will be happening now.we have a very young and consitent(in terms of selection) in hand and i think that there is a long term plan with this team

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:53 AM
Thoroughly agree with Shakib. Instead of experimenting as if slots are freebies players should have to work out of their skins to prove their mettle. But look what we do? We give away positions to players like Robiul and the likes of him.

well robiul proved himself in those county matches but just failed in the main show.it happens,he is just a debudant and that too in lords.it's too harsh to judge him based on one match only

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:58 AM
I dont want to see Naeem and Rubel anymore

who cares?

Gowza
June 13, 2010, 06:03 AM
the sooner BD cricket gets over ashraful the better tbh, the longer we keep him in the team, the longer BD cricket is held back, let's start now to move past ashraful, the talent is definitely there and now the development of players is getting better, especially batsmen (look at the strides tamim, shakib, riyad, rahim have made over the last couple of years, soo much better than previous BD teams).

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:17 AM
^^^^ We did not do good in any of the matches against England in his absence:-p

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
You! who else! Isn't your avatar a pic of Bin shaheb's?

And Naeem is just out of form. :saint:

No dude, alwas getting run under 20 per match is not out of form. Even b4 he got that 75*, he did not score much

And scoring in domestics has nothing to do with intl u know. Shakib is one of the worst players in domestics with the bat, but way better in international cricket

Look at Jahurul, his FC average last season was 60+ but his intl average is 20-, but he does need some time;)

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:23 AM
Shakib said this cuzz he wants to remain captain and not thee ice man

alibangali
June 13, 2010, 11:12 AM
Whats important is that there should always be a core group of experienced players in the side to balance the youth. When you drop a player who is out of form it must be judged on a long term basis. If taking an example of ash he has been out of form (even by his standards) in test team for more than two years so he should be dropped. However we have been chopping and changing like playing robiul instead of Shafiul when players that have been brought in are not given enough time to adjust and build chemistry with the rest of the players and, not enough performances to make a fair judgement.

A good plan would be to have :-

6 Player Slot - core players who are moved down to main player group if they under perform regularly for atleast 1 year (or 6-8 test matches and 20 ODi's).

3 Player Slot - main team players who can only be dropped if under perfoming for 6 months ( or 4 test matches and 10 ODI's). players can be promoted to the core group if they perform regularly for 1+ year. New talents playing well can move up to this group.

2 Player Slot - Trying out new talent and they are given a 3 months period for trial. If they are successful they can be moved into man player slot. (2 test matches and 5 ODi's).

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 13, 2010, 11:26 AM
No one is consistent in the team. the only consistency is We lose every match

cricket_king
June 13, 2010, 10:05 PM
No dude, alwas getting run under 20 per match is not out of form. Even b4 he got that 75*, he did not score much

And scoring in domestics has nothing to do with intl u know. Shakib is one of the worst players in domestics with the bat, but way better in international cricket

Look at Jahurul, his FC average last season was 60+ but his intl average is 20-, but he does need some time;)

Um...Shakib's first-class average is 34.19. That is one of the highest batting averages in our domestic competition. Naeem barely gets a chance to play in the top order. He's a middle-order batsman, not a bloody tail-ender. But that's the only position he gets to play, and he has definitely shown glimpses of what he can do there.

simon
June 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
jei Team e consistent player nai shei team er selection consistent hobey eta kibhabe asha kora jay?
Only Tamim,SAkib,Ryad,Mushy,MAsh(?) & may be Shafi are the players who should play reguarly,the rest r too inconsistent to get selected in every match.
In other words what Sakib wants is not gonna happen.

Awla
June 19, 2010, 03:28 AM
I am shocked at the performance of Mashrafe...Injury has spoilt his career...I fear whether he'll be ever able to recover his form....
Our Pace attack is terrible...despite of lacking in pace & height, Khaled Mahmud Sujon(CHACHA) was far better than our present pace bowlers...no consistency in line...dont know to bowl what length to which batsman...
Apart from Sakib...I cant consider rest of them as SPIN bowlers...
How much long we have to bear the burden of Md. Ashraful...doesnt he have any shame?
..And also do we have that much good bench players who can replace the failures & show consistency..
Nothing canb expected frm this team..the topmost concern is We may also ruin 2 world-class player(Tamim+Sakib) by putting so much pressure on them...

simon
June 19, 2010, 04:42 AM
TO me Shafi is the only fast bowler who has the potentiel .

nobody
June 19, 2010, 06:01 AM
Consistency my foot! if consistency means playing the gadha day by day, playing like tailender when you are batting at 5, playing no 7&8 as batsmen only then there is no need of so called consistency. BTW where is the inconsistency I am saying same set of players all the time.

Ajfar
June 19, 2010, 12:55 PM
Shakib can shut up and fix his attitude when he comes out to bat. He is much better than that. I dont know if its the captaincy or what but he has got to put it together. We desperately need u dude
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

M.H.Rubel
June 20, 2010, 01:39 AM
I have failed to understand what Shakib wanted to mean.Did he indicate Ash?Either drop Ash or play him continuously?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

zainab
June 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
Sakib himself is a culprit, he plays like a slogging tailender. At one time, he was developing into a good batman, he comes out, knows what the teams needs, plays a few swipes, no patience and throws his wicket away,like everyone else. He is the captain, he should watch Dhoni who puts in that extra effort for his team.

al-Sagar
June 20, 2010, 07:56 AM
dhoni, from a swash buckling hard hitter turned into a responsible solid player.

shakib, from a compact player turned into a clueless slogger. specially after he won us the game agaisnt SL with that 97 of 50 balls he now think he can hit six of any bowler and any delivery

simon
June 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
Sakib himself is a culprit, he plays like a slogging tailender. At one time, he was developing into a good batman, he comes out, knows what the teams needs, plays a few swipes, no patience and throws his wicket away,like everyone else. He is the captain, he should watch Dhoni who puts in that extra effort for his team.

well in the last 2 games I don't think he threw his wicket away,he was doing well but doesn't have good defense so got bowled,he needs to work hard against the spinners & on his defense.

FagunerAgun
June 20, 2010, 08:08 AM
dhoni, from a swash buckling hard hitter turned into a responsible solid player.

shakib, from a compact player turned into a clueless slogger. specially after he won us the game agaisnt SL with that 97 of 50 balls he now think he can hit six of any bowler and any delivery
Well stated.
Hopefully, The Ice Man will be more self-analytical and adjust accordingly and crack the balls more on offstump.:)