PDA

View Full Version : Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Hrithik
June 13, 2010, 12:38 AM
Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

This is the suggestion for a new format.

T20 is too short for atleast 2 batsmen to get centuries (which has happened a lot of times in ODIs) or a batsman to score 150+ in an innings and too short for a bowler to take 6-7 wickets whereas it takes 7.5 hours for an ODI (50 ovs) to end too boring.

The solution of this problem is Pro35
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35 overs each team

First 16 overs (out of it first 10 ovs of fielding restrictions (powerplay) & next six ovs of freeplay) (65 mins)

Next 14 overs of spinplay (next 14 ovs of mandatory continous spin bowling) (43 mins)

(Spin bowling will be defined as short run up bowling or a bowler given to the stats as a spin bowler but not medium pace)

Last 5 overs of freeplay (no such restrictions as above) (22 mins)

6 more overs of powerplay can be taken any time by batting & bowling sides each (3+3)

7 overs each bowler
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Innings length : 2 hrs 10 mins

Match length : 4hrs 35mins (including break)

Change of ends per 17 overs.

It will include the Super Sub rule & Free Hit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This format will help cricket as :

* It will eliminate the slambam of T20 and boredom of 50 ovs .

* It will make cricket more entertaining if 2 batsmen get centuries or a batman gets a 150+ score like 163* unlike 105 or 120 in T20s & a bowler gets 6-7 wickets.This will make the match statistics more substantial the word is subtance which T20 doesnt have at all.

* The spinplay will help to fasten the overrate and thus less duration and more crowds and TV viewers.It will make cricket more strategic.It will help fasten the game & spice up the boring middle overs of an ODI & will give some respect to the artistry of spin bowling which is dying.

* This format will help to create bigger individual performances and superstars and maintain a balance of cricket & statistics all over the world.

al-Sagar
June 13, 2010, 01:18 AM
how about playing 4 ball overs ???

godzilla
June 13, 2010, 02:59 AM
What you are talking about is nothing new. In Canada, the 50-50 format got reduced to 35-35 format and is being played all over. I don't even know why but I do not like to play it to be honest.

lamisa
June 13, 2010, 04:26 AM
cricketre ar koto bekano jay?

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:30 AM
Spin bowling dying??? Even spin bowling is introduce in the first overs nowadays

Also, in the ODI Bowling rankings, the top 3 bowlers are spinners:-|

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:31 AM
Bigger Individual performance:floor: comeon man, T20 is enough of trouble, and why du u need to average the number of overs in ODI and cha-20?

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:32 AM

:lol: What about 10 ball overs

AK420
June 13, 2010, 10:34 AM
Ryan Ten Doeschate-- who in the world is he???

Farhad
June 13, 2010, 03:46 PM
I've never liked the idea of having additional mandatory rules. The teams should be able to choose the type of bowling they want. Cricket is a game people think is complicated enough.

Btw, AK420. Quit it with all the two sentence posts. You have six in this thread alone. There are practically no word limits on these posts, just dump it all in the same one if you have something to say.

Also, I'm sure there are tons of people I'm sure who would like you to "get lost", but dont say it. Maybe you should treat people with the same courtesy...

Dilscoop
June 13, 2010, 04:20 PM
AK420, you could have wrote all that in ONE single post.

Spin bowling dying? Even spin bowling is introduce in the first overs nowadays. Also, in the ODI Bowling rankings, the top 3 bowlers are spinners:-

Bigger Individual performance:floor: comeon man, T20 is enough of trouble, and why du u need to average the number of overs in ODI and cha-20?

Is this your essay for your class project in Uthopia?? BC is not the place to write your essay. I shall judge your essay 35/50... happy?

BTW, Ryan Ten Doeschate-- who in the world is he?

Tanvir703
June 13, 2010, 07:19 PM

Thats actually a great idea...although the number of balls is almost the same as a standard 35 over match, it would be better for the pacers..especially BD pacers.

cricketre ar koto bekano jay?

Whats bekano?

Speaking of format...I'm tired of watching us lose in test and t20. Now I need to watch them lose in ODI!!!! 2 more days to go!!!!!!!!!

Tiger444
June 13, 2010, 08:01 PM
I've never liked the idea of having additional mandatory rules. The teams should be able to choose the type of bowling they want. Cricket is a game people think is complicated enough.

Btw, AK420. Quit it with all the two sentence posts. You have six in this thread alone. There are practically no word limits on these posts, just dump it all in the same one if you have something to say.

Also, I'm sure there are tons of people I'm sure who would like you to "get lost", but dont say it. Maybe you should treat people with the same courtesy...

seriously AK420..I'm not trying 2 bully you or anything but its getting annoying how you post single sentences..if you have a different thought then just put it in paragraph formation..

cricket_king
June 13, 2010, 09:34 PM
"Pro35 Evolution"? It sounds like some gimmicky anime show.

al-Sagar
June 14, 2010, 12:22 AM

10 ball overs will lenghthen a game.

4 ball overs will shorten.

it will still be a 50 over game. except 4 balls in an over.

Dilscoop
June 14, 2010, 01:25 AM
I say in T20 game we should make it baseball style. 9 batsman+keeper and 2 unlimited bowlers on the field. You can take up to 20 player squad in the tournament. You select your batsman that will play the game, and bowlers that you can alternate any time of the game. And just like a pitcher/test match there is no over limit for the bowler. A coach or captain can take him out any time during the game.

Lets say the team I am playing against was playing my pacers with ease. So I take out my pacers and bring out to spinners from the bench. And they can bowl from both sides. Once they get tired or go for runs or I simply need a change, I can bring out a different bowler from my 2o players. But batsmen stays the same..

Hrithik
June 14, 2010, 02:16 AM
Ryan Ten Doeschate-- who in the world is he???

he is the holland all rounder just check his stats awesome

auntu
June 14, 2010, 05:20 AM
T20 was the beginning of the end.
This Pro35 will make it happen.

lamisa
June 14, 2010, 05:34 AM
Thats actually a great idea...although the number of balls is almost the same as a standard 35 over match, it would be better for the pacers..especially BD pacers.

Whats bekano?

Speaking of format...I'm tired of watching us lose in test and t20. Now I need to watch them lose in ODI!!!! 2 more days to go!!!!!!!!!

i meant twisting.well,players and captains should have their liberty in making their choices according to the game.y should they be forced to play certain sort of bowler at the beginning and different sort in the death overs?

btw,y is ak420 banned?

al-Sagar
June 14, 2010, 05:50 AM
btw,y is ak420 banned?

why and when ????

Isnaad
June 14, 2010, 06:03 AM
In the matter of time, we will have a 1 ball game...........2100 is my time line for that...

cricket_king
June 14, 2010, 06:09 AM
why and when ????

After being warned several times for his consecutive one-liner posts, he still didn't learn. Hence, he's gone. It was bound to happen.

Tiger Manc
June 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
Lol is MAH AK420 in disguise? Anyway I don't think pro35 will work. I'm a traditionalist and would prefer to keep the 50 over format. I also don't think they would go lower than 20 overs unless they were to reduce the number of outfielders in which case you'd see batsmen dominate the game. 10 or 15 overs is too short and the fewer the overs get, the more favourable it is to the batsman. And batsman will try to hit every ball out of the park. At least in T20s batsmen try and take 1s and 2s and risk-free boundaries.

Raynman
June 14, 2010, 11:49 AM
ICC, in fact the cricket world has always been steps behind in progressing the game. For the potentially '2nd biggest' sport in the word, the arrogance of elitism and entitlement has made cricket a laughing stock to those that don't passionately follow it. ICC talks the talk of expansion into China and USA but doesn't do much to actually increase the popularity globally. If its financially lucrative enough, US and China will fall in line. It took a while for Soccer in the US, but its heading in the right direction now.

T20 has proved to be a big success and there is no reason to look for newer formats of the game.
T20 was a result of people losing interest in 50-50 and Tests so if T20 is successful, why look for another replacement? If 50/50 is a liability and not generating the revenue then scrap it altogether. But if the fan base is there and people want it AND are willing to pay for it, make some minor tweaks and let it continue.

With CA going the route of split 50 overs starting this year, it will interesting to see the impact of that on the cricket landscape. If that takes off like T20 did in the English counties, I have a feeling Test cricke will soon be brought to its knees the way ODIs have been by T20.

Ashfaq
June 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
Maiden Cricket is reduced to a common wh*** already. We don't need to bare her anymore.

If cricket as it is can not survive the 22nd century, it should die with dignity. Chopping and mutating this game to suit the new age is no different than killing the game, only this way it is mutilated to death.

Remember, many people thought Heavy metal is just a cult phenomena, but that didn't stop Heavy metal from gaining following in every nation of the globe. I can't see why cricket can't have it's own place without being reduced to a dash for cash.

Raynman
June 14, 2010, 12:43 PM
Maiden Cricket is reduced to a common wh*** already. We don't need to bare her anymore.

If cricket as it is can not survive the 22nd century, it should die with dignity. Chopping and mutating this game to suit the new age is no different than killing the game, only this way it is mutilated to death.

Remember, many people thought Heavy metal is just a cult phenomena, but that didn't stop Heavy metal from gaining following in every nation of the globe. I can't see why cricket can't have it's own place without being reduced to a dash for cash.

Heavy metal itslef has various forms (Thrash, Speed, Punk Metal, Hard Rock etc.) and the different forms have been in the forefront at different times. ;)

shakibrulz
June 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
WTF dude, are you retarded or what? I've seen you posting this BS in every cricket forum I'm a member of!

Tanvir703
June 14, 2010, 11:28 PM
i meant twisting.well,players and captains should have their liberty in making their choices according to the game.y should they be forced to play certain sort of bowler at the beginning and different sort in the death overs?

btw,y is ak420 banned?

Ohhhhh....Bakaaaa. Lol.

I don't think they're forced to play a certain type of bowlers. That's just how it's been in the past and it just carried on. Start and end with pace, spin during mid overs but I dont think its mandatory.

I think he was banned for short/multiple posts.
ak420 aka slow-brainer. Couldn't gather all his thoughts fast enough to type in 1 post. :-D

Hrithik
June 15, 2010, 12:40 AM
WTF dude, are you retarded or what? I've seen you posting this BS in every cricket forum I'm a member of!

who in the name of christ are you and what forum??

Hrithik
June 15, 2010, 12:41 AM
do u like watching cricket continously for 8 hrs??

lamisa
June 15, 2010, 01:54 AM

yes

lamisa
June 15, 2010, 01:59 AM
Ohhhhh....Bakaaaa. Lol.

I don't think they're forced to play a certain type of bowlers. That's just how it's been in the past and it just carried on. Start and end with pace, spin during mid overs but I dont think its mandatory.

I think he was banned for short/multiple posts.
ak420 aka slow-brainer. Couldn't gather all his thoughts fast enough to type in 1 post. :-D

carrying on is one thing and being forced to do so is a different thing.nowadays,unorthodox captaincy can be seen where they open with a spinner or let the spinners bowl in the death overs.it's not right to take away the captain's liberty with making decisons.
if 420 has been banned for the reason that you have mentioned,then i don't think that it will be a permanent ban,will it?

Dilscoop
June 15, 2010, 02:51 AM
yes

No :-|

Way too long.

cricket_king
June 15, 2010, 03:00 AM

Hell yes. The more cricket the better for me.

unda_bhai
June 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
Hell yes. The more cricket the better for me.

likewise.

Imteaz
June 15, 2010, 07:05 AM
I love watching Test match for 5 days continuously. :)

unda_bhai
June 15, 2010, 07:34 AM
^^ each and every ball of it ladz.

Hatekrew
June 15, 2010, 10:38 AM
^^ Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Ashfaq
June 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
Heavy metal itslef has various forms (Thrash, Speed, Punk Metal, Hard Rock etc.) and the different forms have been in the forefront at different times. ;)

Heavy metal is heavy metal. Punk- Thrash-speed etc are, as the name suggests, not Heavy Metal. And their followings are not separated in time. Did you know that Dhaka has a relatively large following of Death Metal even today? At the same time, speed metal is always a crowd favourite.

Any way, I'm just trying to say leave cricket alone. It is good enough to prosper.

Ashfaq
June 15, 2010, 12:22 PM

If I go to heaven , I'll pray the lord for a 56 inch Plasma TV, one HD cricket channel and the slow-mo camera.

cricket_king
June 15, 2010, 09:56 PM
If I go to heaven , I'll pray the lord for a 56 inch Plasma TV, one HD cricket channel and the slow-mo camera.

LOL. Gotta love this guy. Amen brother. Though I'd probably prefer an LCD/LED tv over a plasma.

Ajfar
June 15, 2010, 10:35 PM
^^ I'd ask for a Tamim Iqbal channel.

Imteaz
June 16, 2010, 01:15 AM
^^ each and every ball of it ladz.

Yes, if I have enough time. During vacation :)

lamisa
June 16, 2010, 05:14 AM
No :-|

Way too long.

u can have ur own opinion and i can have mine:)

BANFAN
June 17, 2010, 12:34 AM
I'm getting really tired ans sick of this over based experiments. I think we had enough of it. I think they should shift their focus else where.

shakibrulz
June 17, 2010, 11:12 AM

Yes, if you don't, please stick with Soccer and Crap20, and pretty please, STFU. :hairpull:

Hrithik
June 18, 2010, 01:55 AM
Yes, if you don't, please stick with Soccer and Crap20, and pretty please, STFU. :hairpull:

who are you ???:floor: